Chủ Nhật, 30 tháng 10, 2016

Firmware 7.1 part 5

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Would you be using the "Snap to speed limit (plus offset)" toggle to set TACC?

    I'm thinking the logical approach is to make it so the car follows the speed limit as it changes if set using that while not changing the speed if TACC is set to a speed other than the limit+offset.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I would not. I'd like to set it and forget it. I'm rarely the first car, and if the speed limit is bouncing between 55 and 65, but I have AP set to 75 to follow traffic, I want AP to be set to 75, not speed limit plus delta.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    you may know this but the US sensors not only need to see the cars but a curb as well. No curb...No auto park.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes hoping it comes to me soon!


  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The fob has to be in proximity to the car for the summon and homelink buttons to appear on the app.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I am confused by what is being referenced as the "Launch Mode" button. My P85D has the Max Power button under the Sport/Insane toggle, but I have never seen anything that says Launch Mode, either in the previous version 7.0 (2.9.12) or 7/ (2.9.154)?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    any news on the 90d cars getting the upgrade?
    I am still anxiously awaiting for my car to get it
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Only 1 report up thread, but nothing in the tracker thus far. We're all waiting.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm probably just missing it but I wonder why they would even put it in the app then. What's the added value?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just like jailbreaking your iPhone may negatively impact your ability to call 911. It is not approved by the manufacturer.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm in the car with the fob. Updated iPhone app shows neither. Which screen of the app do they appear in for you?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Additional PSA i haven't seen anything on, 7.1 now has audible warnings of trunk is open and you have the car in reverse or drive. This seems to be very similar to the frunk warning if you try to drive with it open.

    Another thank you to Tesla for this feature as some of us have garage door openings shorter than the high point of the rear trunk height. I have had nightmares about this up until now, reversing with trunk up and destroying both it and the garage door.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Didn't you say upthread you were from Canada where it is disabled?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Indeed. Not expecting Summon in the app for me, although I can toggle Summon notifications on or off in the app oddly enough. I was referring to Homelink which should work here.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You've gotta wonder if TM has done this release thumbing their nose at the Detroit Auto Show and coordinating with CES.

    I can't tell because I haven't watched this stuff enough but it seems there have been far fewer updates today than yesterday and with 100+K cars to do this is rolling out very very slowly. I realize only a fraction of owners actually report but even if it is 1 in 100 that's pretty thin.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Has anyone had a chance to try Auto-summoning into a garage on an angle vs straight in? Our garage needs us to get in on an angle with the garage door pillar on one side and a car on the other. Haven't gotten the update yet. Thanks
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Some have, up thread.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Has anybody received and update today? 1/10? Seems like they were all yesterday?

    Do they normally continue sending out updates on a Sunday?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    90DL here, no upgrade yet...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I don't think you're missing anything. Ease of use - maybe. If you have the fob, then you might as well use it.

    Edit: the app does tell you if it cancels for some reason, so there is that. It doesn't give you a specific reason, but maybe that will come with an update.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Check this thread, the first post has the release note on how to enable it:
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/58826-New-Launch-Mode-firmware-2-9-40

    ...and it is included in Canada.
    Your question prompted me to RTFM and I had forgotten about enabling the Max Battery Power mode :redface:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Right one person.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I am on a road trip in Texas and am based in Colorado. I got the 7.1 upgrade OTA just fine yesterday.

    Just don't do the upgrade while you are doing any critical charging or the such. As I learned on a previous upgrade, the charging gets interrupted a few times in the upgrade process.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It will only go in the general direction you pointed the car. It doesn't seem to adjust the angle based on walls, cars, or other obstacles. It will stop before hitting those though.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So you are the one who brought me more rain. I was the first one (maybe 2nd) who got the 7.0 update but still no 7.1.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yeah sorry about that. [emoji3]
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So Elon just tweeted:

    "@elonmusk: In ~2 years, summon should work anywhere connected by land & not blocked by borders, eg you're in LA and the car is in NY"
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Only if paired with an Uber driver, at least with today's hardware.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Highly doubt that this will be possible with the current AP HW. And highly doubt that regulations will allow that in 2 years.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    He said during the press Q&A today (Sunday) that they are working on an enhanced sensor suite that isn't ready for production yet, but would be required for this.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Well, there are hints in the firmware from my hacking efforts of things like another camera and front and rear corner radars...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tracker shows 10 today, although I don't know if that means they were updated today, or just logged into the tracker today. I don't see any reason why updates shouldn't go out on Sunday since they don't presumably require a person to manually do anything. I'm still impatiently awaiting my upgrade. This does seem a lot slower than 7.0 and I'm hoping it's not a typical update that can take weeks!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm curious if he's envisioning the car driving, charging, parking LA -> NY without human intervention in about 2 years. If so, that's about half the time he mentioned a month or so ago which was 4-5 years for full autonomous driving if I recall correctly. Quite a goal.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    For those who have not seen it, a new tweet (30 minutes ago) from Elon Musk:

    "In ~2 years, summon should work anywhere connected by land & not blocked by borders, eg you're in LA and the car is in NY"

    BTW, I see that there's a newly updated version of the Tesla app on the iTunes store. Not surprisingly the text indicates the updates include:

    -Summon Model S
    -Open/Close a HomeLink-controlled garage door (for U.S. vehicles only)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    They better have something in the works better than the Tesla "probe" that was a epic fail. Go to induction charging somehow. Only way to really do it unattended.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Elon just tweeted

    edit: Dammit i'm too slow others beat me to it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    � and a dedicated thread.

    Could we please keep this thread on topic (so 7.1 firmware only) ?

    Also, if you do not have the update yet; please don't complain about it here, unless you have an idea about how Tesla rolls its update out.
    Check the firmware update tracker to see if you can find any correlation.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tesla's anti-android devs stike again...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    @spottyq, no offense and I'd be happy to exclude parts of the 7.1 upgrade (summoning) from the 7.1 thread if that makes sense but your comment about there not being any correlation in terms of geography or battery packs included is not correct.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Don't feel too bad, iOS is pretty well ignored also. You would think that just one full time mobile app programmer could get more done than what they've been doing. Allen gets more done, and he's far from full time!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Has anyone with 7.1 and an iPhone figured out how to summon the car from the app? I see the notifications but there doesn't seem to be any kind of controls to summon.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I hope Tesla is intending to upgrade the Summon feature to actually do the promised garage parking. In our somewhat narrow garage it centers the car between the wall and our other car, but that's not the position I'd like it in because it leaves too little space to easily open the other car's door. It should be programmable for where it positions the car as well as the path from the street to the garage and should it should be possible to start the process from the touchscreen while you're in the car.

    I'm not sure what the value of the current Summon feature is although it's interesting to watch.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You need to be in proximity of the car (I believe with the fob) and it will appear at the top of the app home page in the spot that usually gives you the status of the car. ie. parked, driving, charging
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    See screenshots from Andrew on post 10 here:
    Summon is on the App!!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Oh and it won't appear if the car is plugged in.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Thanks KyP85D & msnow! I'll try it now.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Can you post a picture of how its positioned?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I don't know if this will help you, but it will try to more or less maintain the angle that it is pointed at when autopark starts. If I line it up at the ideal angle, it will park closer to the right side than the left, leaving sufficient room to open the doors on the left side as well as on my wife's car.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Question about the autopilot changes: Can anyone tell us if "center divider" means a concrete barrier? In other words, can Autopilot still be used on divided highways where the divider is a grass median as is common where I live? I'd hate to think I would no longer be able to use it on roads without a concrete barrier on my left....
    And my apologies if that has been answered above. I admit to not reading all 400+ previous posts in this thread! (And I have not yet received notice of the download to my car.)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Do they hate us? Expect summon in 2018 for Android.... about the same lag as receiving notifications.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It works fine for me on 2 lane road ( 1 lane each way with solid and broken center line ) with 80km/h ( 50 mph ) speed limit. I was running in Autopilot mode at 90 km/h ( 55 mph ).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm looking for something that I can manually park the car once and it will always return to that spot. I'd even be willing to glue down some sort of marker (heck, even a bluetooth low energy beacons) on the garage floor next to the tires to mark exactly where it should end up. Perfect parking, every time. That's what I would really like!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So you up dated at a Supercharger with an 1hr+ update time for the process?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Your FOB must be in proximity to the car, and the car must be unplugged for the summon options to appear.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ah...so that would prevent spoofing and remotely controlling the app. The phone and the fob have to be in proximity of the car. Smart.

    Except I guess you could leave a phone and a fob in proximity while you remotely manipulate the app on the phone.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Is this really is accurate. Watch some of the videos, etc.

    Phone yes should be in proximity for Summon to appear; however, the MS doesn't seem to detect the key unless you are very close to the car, like 2-3 feet at times, at least with the current remotes. Maybe this will differ when they are more low-power Bluetooth or something in the future.

    Not a biggy either way as seems like most of us will use Summon here at first to see it, and then maybe like once a year after this ;-)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A grass median is fine. I assume it uses the "divided highway" indication from the map data. I know at least two local roads that have no median in my area that are not restricted.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Great... restrictions based on ancient obsolete map data...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Well... I decided to to the downgrade to V7.1 I am not very excited about it. Since Canada has been left out of some of the really cool summon feature! The USA gets it and we don't! I am concerned I might be getting less features on this version. For some reason i was under the impression that TESLA was listening to owners and perhaps offer some new designs or features. I was hoping to get the KM miles on the dashboard,as well I don;t really care to know that the car sees other car on the auto pilot. I am more interested in information such as regen, power usage. I would have really like a new Option for the insane mode! now colors, maybe orange or red to show that the car is in High power mode.

    It would be awesome to see an interactive graphic picture of the system in real time. information such as temperature of batteries, charge, re-gen.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    More importantly (at lest to me), is once some 90D owner start getting it: Does it correct the continual range loss issue?

    My range at 90% now down from 257 to 243 in just 3 months. :crying:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm curious, if you're not happy with doing it, and you believe it to be a downgrade, why are you doing it?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    +1 Me too. I hope you reported it to Tesla and had them check out your hardware. Best way to keep them honest.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Question: how do I make summon stop at a specific point? My driveway is less than 39ft wide, so it wants to go on the grass.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You nailed it on this one @eye.surgeon. We do have a tendency to not appreciate what we have and take things for granted.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I got it this morning.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I Don't have it yet, but from instructions I've read, Push the FOB lock button to stop.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not really, Airlines do suck in the way they treat people. It is a flying cattle car.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You may have missed the point of the piece.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That is correct, but rather than just canceling it, what about a trained stopping position?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I have pretty much read this whole thread today but I don't remember anyone asking why this was not the big revamp of the UI that Musk said was coming in 7.1? I was thinking this would be the release that changed the real estate of the screen completely and fixed the effed up way the music app works, changed the navigation to WAYZ or something that actually works, etc. I love the car, and all the improvements, but I agree with many here that Summon in this initial incarnation is not overly helpful and more of a novelty. I love AP but would give up more improvements to that if we'd get the UI overhaul we were promised. Things like dropping the audio select button is taking us backwards, not forwards in this manner.

    Anyone know what the status of the overhaul is?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    :). Elon. I suspect no one here has insider information they can share. Many of us continue to hope.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I think maybe they pushed up the release of the summon feature to get some press before any competitor announcements at the Detroit Auto Show this week.

    Hopefully the UI improvement are still coming.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Because "we" were too excited to read/comprehend the release notes. Whoops. I've updated the video with text bubbles clarifying.

    Nope, we were just rushing to test things in open space before attempting in our narrow garage.

    Exactly.

    You can use your fob to manually stop it, which is what we need to do since our driveway is < 39'.

    Here is a video of the car parking in a narrow garage. (Please be kind - it was literally a first attempt, one take, and I'm a blubbering buffoon.)

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Does Summon work, in say, a restaurant parking lot?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Any suggestions as to getting over the lip for garages? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't , even after engaging and re-engaging summon. That's my biggest complaint; that you can't check a box to allow more power when a lip is present, and you'd assume responsibility.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Off topic, but...Its January, you have PA tags, and your grass is crazy green!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    This weather has been nuts. I'm also not wearing a jacket! It hit 50 yesterday, 60 today, but high will be low 30s tomorrow.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, confirmed by experience.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Keep in mind the software/firmware package sent to each car is rather large, so Tesla must limit the updates to a handful at a time to prevent overloading it's data center connection. This is the main reason for the slow rollout, and it gets worse as the fleet gets larger.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So it must be bigger than 7.0 which was rolled very quickly. I had thought the updates were incremental no?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Each update is self-sufficient; hundreds of MB per download. Not incremental.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    One hopes they're planning to move to something less horrifically unscalable before Model 3 hits the streets. This ain't (ahem) rocket science.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I wonder if they may also do some random shuffle or something similar? I received it very early for 7.0 and still nothing for 7.1. Maybe I'm on the other end now to 'play fair' so to speak? Just surmising.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Mine has as well, but I'm pretty sure that's colder weather-related from other threads I've read. Let's see what happens once it starts to warm up again.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    From your lips to Elon's ears.
    Yes, the impromptu press call today makes me think that they prioritized a marketing stunt over the expressed wishes of their paying customers.
    Once again we're getting things on the bleeding edge with limited use instead of Tesla fixing bugs that many hear complain about.
    UI isn't fixed. Nav isn't fixed. Media app got worse, not better. No Spotify for the US.
    But UHHHHHH, SHINY!!!! I can summon the car. Which is something that most likely fewer than 1% of their user base will use on even a semi regular basis (if ever). Half the cars have no AP hardware. Most cars are plugged into the charger when in the garage.

    ARGL. This is so painfully frustrating. All this potential. But it doesn't matter what the cattle, err, I mean, the existing customers want. What matters is things that Elon can talk about in front of the press.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I have been logging flows coming from the car and I see hits to Akamai. Most mature public SW deployment/update uses a CDN. As an example, Microsoft patches an absolutely amazing number of computers on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. There should be essentially "zero" bandwidth limitation for Tesla DCs if they are using a CDN. Best reason to do a slow roll, IMHO, is to make sure they did not screw something up that will cause widespread problems.

    Interestingly, the Akamai connection I have been watching only does a HEAD request and gets a 400 response (bad request). This does not necessarily indicate a problem but it is somewhat of an unusual thing.

    If someone else has done traces during an update it would be interesting to see whether they are delivering the updates over VPN, SSL, or in the clear.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I guess they've never heard of a CDN in Fremont :-/

    No one serves traffic from a single point.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Was anybody able to use new Tesla MS app feature to open/close garage door? I am not seeing this option on my app - maybe it is part of the app for AP cars only (although it does not seem to make sense)?

    image.png
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    i have an S70 non-D but with AP. 3 weeks old. VIN 118xx, no signs of updates, i'e never done an update before (As the car is new, so it came with 7.0) according to ev-fw no 70s have been upgraded. Wonder if anyone here has a RWD 70
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I believe someone posted that they tried it in a parking lot and it worked. I assume that Summon will work in locations off public roads. But I suspect you have to use it with caution because the car will not be able to detect the difference between, for example, a paved surface and a lawn, and there might be some obstacles it will not detect such as a fence consisting of a few horizontal wires several feet off the ground.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So summon appears to rely on walls, etc - things that the sensors can detect. So I guess it would work if parking between other cars. But since the car ignores markings on the surface I think this wouldn't work unless you had a spot between other cars, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think the sample size of RWD 70s is very small. If you look at the stats for v7.0 you see that we only have a total of 5 Model S 70 ever reporting - the only cars more rare in our data are the Model S 40 (3 of them) the Model S 90 (1), the Model X (2) and the non-existing Model S P60 (we have one of those... fascinating...)
    This is why I keep posting here and there and everywhere, asking people to enter data into the tracker. The tracker is only as useful as the data that we can get. And the fewer people enter their data, the less useful the tracker becomes.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    We don't know what distribution platform they use though, They pushed out 7.0, tens of thousands cars,to the world in 36 hours last October so whatever they have worked. The slowness could be many things; strategic, focused, random, technical problems all the things mentioned above.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    But where does it go? Does it come to wherever the phone is? Does it just sit in the middle of the road?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Interestingly. Today mercedes Benz released the 2017 E class data that goes for sale in the summer of 2016. It has Drive pilot which sounds equal or better than autopilot. They "say" it can drive up to 81mph on the highway without lane markings and just use cars and medians etc to navigate. It has active lane change assist and will look if the lane is clear then change lanes. It also has remote parking from the app.

    Looks like MB has stepped it up and is bringing 7.1 features out this summer. I am sure Elon keeps us ahead with more updates by then but is now hardware limited vs the suite of sensors on the 2017 MB.


    Also I would like to add the 7.1 update does better driving on single lane undivided roads at 5mph over limit that it could not navigate at all before without hitting a ditch or oncoming traffic.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It will just back up or go forward up to 39 ft till it feels it needs to stop.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So it wont navigate through the parking lot at all....
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Nope. No turning.

    It will perpendicular park nicely and turn . So this summoning may get upgraded in time.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Makes sense, i will enter it to the db when i get it
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Akamai is a CDN and can definitely handle the 100k+ downloads.

    Staged rollouts are common practice, it will pick up steam in the coming days once they validate the release.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Still no update. The tracker looks like several 90's have it now. Hopefully tonight.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest

    Yawn.... Tesla's are doing now, what a mercedes will do in a year.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Makes sense given Elons tweets today..

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No 90's on the tracker at this point... maybe you're looking at the wrong version?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but it seems highly unlikely unless they will have robots at supercharger stations

    "Eventually, your Tesla will be able to drive anywhere across the country to meet you, charging itself along the way"
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    He said a version of the robotic snake charger will make it to superchargers eventually.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    that seems way off in the future
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I just checked and didn't see any 90's in Tracker for 7.1.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, in his press conference he mentioned robotic chargers.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yep. Looked at wrong version. I've got two trips this week and would love to eliminate the routing to the supercharger that's 7 miles from my house to charge for 0 minutes.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest

    It will back out of the garage to the same general distance that you auto-pulled in from, so if you park it 10 feet from the garage opening and have it park itself, when you summon it, the car will only back out to about 10 feet from the garage. Of course, you can also make the car stop by hitting the key fob again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wow, thanks for the response - I never got firmware 2.9.40 and hadn't been staying to up-to-date on the forum, so I would have completely missed this if you hadn't pointed me in the right direction.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, you are reading it correctly. FWIW, someone earlier in this discussion said they had a 1xxxxx VIN and had received the update but not updated the tracker.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So for some reason they are starting with the lowest Vin numbers?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No one knows the distribution strategy. Could be anything.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but is anyone having problems getting the new homelink options to close the garage door when you drive away? Mine opens fine on arrival but it hasn't closed the garage door after leaving once since checking both boxes... anybody have any ideas?

    UPDATE:
    Okay never mind, in the MS Classic 7.1 thread I'm being told I have to open the garage door with the homelink button for it to auto-close it on the way out...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Of course they've heard of it. I suspect Ingineer is not in SW development to speculate something like that. There are other more realistic and plausibility explanations as to why they upgrade our cars in phases.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The 7.1 update was about 125MB on the wire... * 50,000 cars is 62TB of bandwidth. That's a decent amount, not that I think this was a limiting factor.

    The way Tesla's firmware updates seem to work is the car sends a request to Tesla's server, Tesla's server then builds a custom package for your car based on the configuration and module versions, then the car downloads this later when it's done. Definitely an interesting approach, and certainly more difficult to scale than just adding more bandwidth.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    We have had some speculation on their algorithm but "random" seems to be the most plausible, but frustrating one for those of us still waiting! It's like waiting in line without knowing how many are ahead of you.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét