Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 10, 2016

Random Model S sightings part 5

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    man, I'm really starting to dig both the red and white WITHOUT the spoiler or performance wheels
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    This VW Beetle conversion is very nice.

    I've done my own conversion, VW New Beetle '01, and put LiFePo batteries in there. 60+ miles on a charge. Picture attached. I did sell it this past summer to help raise $$ for the Tesla. DSC06574.JPG

    Anyway, electric conversions have been a nice segue while waiting for our Model S deliveries!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    AllYourVINsAreBelongToUs... #325
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It looks like there's the word "Founder" etched on the right side of the chrome strip, just a few inches from the right rear tail light.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm pretty sure it says "Signature" but I could be wrong. On of the nice things about iPad browsing is the ability to zoom in easily.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Looks like a Sig.

    Untitled-1.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I had 3 shots. Yes it's a Sig.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Leaving SCS this weekend.

    captured leaving SCS.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    This is getting creepy.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Heehee! Maybe, but definitely if you start following one. If it's a cute girl I won't mind them stalking me when I get mine.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    How about a reverse Model S sighting? I got a huge kick today driving by a fellow who was acting like a salesman showing his Aston Martin DB9 to a potential customer on our very light traffic road. As I drove by, I hollered "Get a Tesla", and the sales-looking guy gave a weak laugh, and the potential customer just stared. I don't think the sales guy appreciated his Random Sighting.

    And for the obligatory picture (of my car, not the DB9), VIN # 00064

    shady road 005.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Every time I see pic of your car, I love your custom brown more.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    ... I guess I am officially a Model S stalker.. I spotted this at UTC mall in La Jolla, CA ... sig red tan interior. I was running late to Yoga, so the pic of the vin is too blurry to discern anything...

    photo 1-1.JPG

    - - - Updated - - -

    The pic was right side up on my computer... Mods?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    heh, that's odd. Did you rotate it on your PC, but not save it?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My dad had a iPhone 3G and he takes pictures 'upside down'. The phone shows them properly, and when he imports them to his iPhoto they still are the correct orientation. But when he sends them out via message/email from either location they end up upside down.

    My brother and I pummel him to no end about his pictures being upside down every time.

    I think Apple does some external or other such voodoo to show pictures in the correct orientation, but fail to modify the actual image.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    If I save that image on disk and open it with Picasa it have a correct orientation... If I open it in Paint or Paint.NET - it is upside down. But Picasa is my default viewer.

    Image probably have some Exif property that is not recognized correctly by most software, including this forum one...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ahh here it is. In the metadata there is an 'orientation' field that flips the image 'rotate 180'. I am assuming that apple and google use it and other image software does not.

    New Picture (7).png
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My Model S fix for Election Day:

    image.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Um, today I've learned that I need to strip metadata from things before posting them on forums... My "PC" is running 10.6 - I didn't use iphoto to import this one and it still showed right side up... Well at least now you know your dad is competent...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Other than GPS data, there isn't a whole lot that is really worth anything. Other than say for a photographer to see what sort of exposure you took.

    I just assumed iPhoto because that is what my dad uses. I always thought it was some metadata telling his apple products to rotate it. It still doesn't change the fact his pictures are upside down, he just can't tell.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Why, Thank You. You and gg_wants_a_Tesla are my biggest fans.

    We thought at the time it was a huge hunk of change, but EVERYbody notices the Hershey Brown. Not everyone seems to care that our car is a little slower than a Performance. It was worth it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    This used to get me every time too. Now I display the picture on my computer and take a screenshot of it to post (cmd-shift-4 on your "PC"). Correct orientation, all metadata gone, and smaller file size. #tipoftheday
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Am I correct in thinking that your brown has more metal flake in it than the standard Tesla metallics as well? We met briefly at the Get Amped event in Fremont when you had just gotten the little sample, and I thought I remembered that it had more sparkle.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Wait, is yours a custom brown? Or is it the "Brown Metallic Paint" that is an option in the Design Studio?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It's custom. Brown was not offered in Sigs.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was in Los Gatos this morning and spotted my first Model S in the wild. Signature red with black leather - spectacular!

    VIN was over 845.

    mini-121107_002.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Black on Black in West Los Angeles

    Gorgeous black with 21" silver wheels spotted on Pico in West Los Angeles this morning. Was really glad to see this one and to see it looked awesome, since it appeared to have black interior (could not tell what material on dashboard, but seat leather looked to be black) and I am getting the same configuration. On the other hand, I am bummed that having downgraded from Sig list I am still many months away and this dude has it now. Too bad I could not get a pic of the huge smile on the owner's face, but he sure looked to be enjoying his ride... photo.jpeg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It is Chocolate Pearl custom. There were only a couple custom colors painted and then they decided it wasn't worth the effort. I have not seen enough of the Tesla brown, although it looks more like a Bronze.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I agree. When I went to the Dania Beach store I was leaning towards Brown. But it really is bronze color and not so much brown. I ended up going with the green.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted one on the Fox Lot, Black with Silver wheels. Anyone here?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Fox as in Murdoch, Fox News? You may have just got them fired.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw this Sunday in Portland, OR around 3pm at Glisan and 12th. Was kind of in a hurry, so it's a lousy pic, but this is now the second Model S (the other being Pearl White) that I've seen in Portland. ModelS_PDX.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My first thought was "that's NOT a Model S", then I noticed the car in the background.


    Evan, Via Tapatalk
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Haha sort of, more as in 20th Century Fox Film Studios :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yeah, The two don't have much to do with each other politically.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Probably the one I spotted on Pico, which was headed toward the Fox lot entrance. See post 669 in this thread. Older gent driving, but did not recognize him.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Such a tease since it will be a few months before mine is sitting there... the waiting is killing me!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    132? Is that you?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not me. When I picked mine up there was another sig red performance waiting to be claimed. The only difference was it had a black interior. 4 were delivered to portland that week. 2 red, 1 white and 1 black.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a very pretty Signature Red on Highway 280S near Cupertino today. Had the front plate on, which didn't look terrible. The daytime running lights sure make the car hard to miss when it comes up on you in your mirrors!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw three today, but only caught one of them parked. VIN 437 in Redwood City.

    ModelS_437.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Looks like there will be two brown S's in the Napa Valley. That's what my selection was.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    In Orlando three weeks ago.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No license plate on a lot of these cars.
    Temp registration ?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Went 4 miles round trip to pick up some bachelor food in my Volt. Saw a sig red with performance wheels south bound on San Tomas Expressway while waiting at a light. Also in that 4 mile trip I saw two other Volts and a Leaf. Bay Area rocks!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Well, at least in California, I think you can wait six months before having to put plates on.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    RobLab: Just curious...Appears the driver is in the right seat. Is this a photographic "flip" or has Angwin been annexed by England?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Or he got out of the drivers' seat, walked ahead, turned around and took a picture of his car with a passenger still in the passenger seat.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Supercharging in Gilroy

    My daughter was in a soccer tournament today and I drove by the Superchargers in Gilroy. There were two Model S connected to the Superchargers.

    Both cars were gleaming in the sunshine!

    mini-121110_05 Gilroy Supercharging.JPG
    mini-121110_07 Gilroy SuperCharging.JPG
    mini-121110_13 Gilroy Supercharging.JPG

    (You can see two J1772 charging stations in the background in the third photo.)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I have to say my black car looks pretty good! Lol. My husband took me shopping at the outlets today and to see the superchargers there. They work exceptionally well!

    Suzanne
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Nice shots! I suppose it was a coincidence that both were in use, but I am glad Tesla started with two chargers already.


    Thanks for letting us know! More detail welcome :). (For anyone reporting in the future).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Model S on Main Street in Los Gatos, CA ...

    mini-121111_14 Los Gatos.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    At the Whole Foods today at Kailua, island of Oahu, HI - unexpected pleasure.

    tesladay1.jpg

    Close up of VIN (only last 4 digits shown in this photo)

    tesladay2.jpg

    And a bonus! A green Roadster on the way home afterwards.

    tesladay3.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    "Today I didn't even have to use my A.K. I got to say it was a good day."
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Man that is a heck of a stretch for that charging cable!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    All the more reason to back into parking spaces.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Uh oh, the nose was well over the parking curb too. Hope the owner didn't have a stevezzzz-special nose vs curb incident subsequently...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Noticed how the front wheel is turned into the cable to prevent someone from disconnecting it too.

    OT...paint armor is barely visible.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yeah, the charged spots weren't even ICE-D...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Sig Model S in San Diego!

    I saw this one in the Gaslamp quarter in San Diego today. Sig VIN 75.
    My very, very first Model S in-the-wild glimpse! Test drive cars don't count, in my opinion. :)
    Congratulations to the owner! I tried to keep my fellow gawkers away.

    View attachment 11546
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Can you imagine pulling up to that charging station in a Model S at that time? I mean, how much would it suck that with <1000 deliveries made to find both stations occupied... :p
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    At the event in NY tonight there were 3 in the garage where we parked (2 red, 1 black). Also saw one on the cross Bronx expressway on my way to take momma home
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My wife saw someone else's Sig Red S in Laguna Beach on PCH.

    The driver was standing next to the car, being written a ticket by a cop. She said the driver was smiling anyway. :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    And its only going to get worse, right? This is my wife's primary concern about the car, but that's for another thread.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    2012-11-12 18.08.41.jpg
    2012-11-12 18.20.03.jpg
    2012-11-12 18.51.11.jpg
    2012-11-12 18.51.17.jpg
    2012-11-12 18.52.33.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My sister and B-I-L docked their boat in Oxford, MD last night; they're heading down the Intracoastal Waterway from their home in RI. They report a pearl white S parked at a cottage with a charging cord connected. Anyone we know?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    > Also saw one on the cross Bronx expressway [AnOutsider]

    Hope it wasn't dead & abandoned on the shoulder: "World's first stripped ModelS" . . .
    --

    - - - Updated - - -

    > The driver was standing next to the car, being written a ticket by a cop. She said the driver was smiling anyway. [dadaleus]

    Maybe he was 'pulling a Woz' i.e. getting a ticket for doing over 100 mph simply to publicize that electric cars are not wimpy.
    --
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Doh! Sorry, not familiar with the area and the timing was so close. Good indication there are getting to be more and more out in the wild with two reports of police with a Model S at close to the same time:)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    > Now I display the picture on my computer and take a screenshot of it to post [Trnsl8r]

    Firefox shows images huge-sized, so easy to screen-grab & use as desktop wallpaper. Kudos to OP.
    --
    SigRed-wallpaper.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not great pics, but saw my first S in the wild last night in Manhattan leaving my garage on 42nd St! (he was parked in the same one) Was with him out of the Lincoln Tunnel and a ways out Rt3 into Jersey.

    Screen shot 2012-11-17 at 10.05.46 AM.png

    photo 2.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I think that's Dadelus'.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    OK, weirdness...

    My son and I have gone to same Home Depot twice in the last three days and both times spotted (different) Model S in the parking lot. First time a white Performance and second time the beauty below. Is Home Depot the new hotbed for spotting Tesla? Either way, good to see that Model S owners are do-it-yourselfers... :)

    Sk�rmavbild 2012-11-17 kl. 14.08.42.png
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just think of all the home improvement supplies you can fit into the two trunks!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I have a Home Depot ~80 miles north of me. I plan on making excuses to drive there once I have my S. It is the perfect distance to have fun and the drive is pretty damn beautiful too (the north most end of CA 101)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Probably getting the parts and pieces they need to finish off the charging situation for their garages!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Our Home Depot has a few J1772 plugs out front!


    Since the S holds as much as SUV then why not take it to the store to load up?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    First spotting in Maryland, I think. This one a a University of Maryland lot. Photo taken and emailed to me by a fellow Chevy Volt owner who knows I have a Model S on reservation.

    DSC03468.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Here's a not so random picture of our SoCalGreenSpeed trip today to Palm Springs. My S looks like the mother duck with the Roadster ducklings in tow. 2012-11-17 15.52.46.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    you should have lined them up so the Roadsters were following :wink:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not me. My plate is 4GET OIL.

    Too bad I missed Green Speed. We're close... Up in Big Bear with the S tonight.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest

    They were probably all there to but the parts needed to jury-rig a bunch a of non-UL electrical adapters together in their home garages, lik a NEMA 14-50r to 6-50P, etc, etc. They can be made at home for about 1/4 the cost of buying them from the (ahem) manufacturer, or so the rumor goes....

    Cheers.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ah, then it's Gregg... he was the other Model S at San Diego plug in day. I just knew I remembered the VIN. I don't think he reads this forum.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The wife saw one in the Portland, OR Pearl district near Traders Vic's about a week ago. I think she said it was white. Bummed I didn't catch it, I was already inside the restaurant waiting for her.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Unless it's a custom color/wrap, it has to be Pearl (limited Sig colors).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Today in Westlake CA. After talking with my driver for nearly an hour about how he should get one, we pull up behind this. Driver had two passengers and was clearly giving rides. There was no catching up with him or her) at each stoplight. IMG_2557[1].JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Happy to post another East Coast sighting - Spotted by a friend in Northern Virginia today (I think it was Reston).
    IMG_0962.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted this morning by my wife in S San Francisco (Genentech Allerton day care building).

    photo.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw a Dolphin Grey S with silver 21" wheels parked along highway 1 yesterday. South of Carmel.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A test drive vehicle?
    or what
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yep, looks like Reston - Spectrum Center...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    There was a white model s@ the dupont hotel in dc yesterday
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Near Charlottesville, VA -- I know the owner -- his test drive convinced me to put down my deposit. Love that he shrunk down his EPA sticker and put it in the rear quarter window. :)

    That's my son, right after his Thanksgiving performance at his school...


    IMG_3831.jpg IMG_3826.jpg IMG_3827.jpg IMG_3828.jpg IMG_3829.jpg IMG_3830.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Please pass on my congratulations, admiration, and apology for stalking. :)
    I was there all week, and they were parked there for several days, I wish I'd had time to go door-to-door to say "Hi!" to the owner.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest

    Brilliant!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It seems they shrunk down the salesman, too!

    Caption contest continues:
    "Let's see how much it'll take to get you in this car today!"

    ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I just saw a White Model S with tinted windows in the Civic Center area in downtown Miami. Sorry I could not get any pics. Will the owner please post pics of your S.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A friend spotted a Black S on the 133 in Irvine, Southern Orange County, CA this afternoon. Tesla sighting.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Party in the USA...Busted! ;)

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Lol. First thing I noticed too.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    image.jpg Spotted this one on 101 near San Francisco International Airport today around 8:30 am.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Anyone watching Fox News this morning? _MG_1603edit1.jpg _MG_1604edit.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Been 23 years. Is that the engineering building in the background?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    101 freeway N through Woodland Hills IMG_2568[1].JPG IMG_2566[1].JPG Odd to be the picture" taker" instead of the "takee" this time

    cel phone pix
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That's a Jag XF. Note the dual exhaust tips. It's the car that most resembles the S from the rear, though.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A Jag at Walmart....

    Sent via Tapatalk.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You don't get to afford a Jag without knowing how to pinch a few pennies!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ferrari at Home Depot
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Parked in 2 spots
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It appears he's parked far away from the store so that shouldn't present a problem to anyone, but typically taking two spots with an expensive car is just asking for getting keyed.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Now that just shows s/he's a rich person who is good with his/her hands or will take care of things on his/her own.

    The jag at Walmart suggests the owner is cheap or can't afford the jag. ;)

    Sent via Tapatalk.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I suggest someone Park really close.

    Sent via Tapatalk.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I could not agree with you more. It is such a horrible statement that the person thinks they are more important or better than everyone else because they bought an expensive car. If you can afford the car then you can afford the ding repair like everyone else.

    That person is a Jackass with a capital J.

    just MHO.

    Cheers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I agree with this comment but often hear it the other way around, as in: "the Model S looks like the new Jag from the rear" I make efforts to point out that the design for the exterior of the Model S was made public well before the Jag was coming off the line. Jag totally stole the look from Tesla. While Tesla should be flattered, I was disappointed in Jaguar for this. They never should have gone to Ford... it was all downhill from there.

    Again, Just my opinion.

    Cheers.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was there when the car was parked. Guy complained about not having any side visibility with the top up, decided to take his chances as opposed to reparking since it was so far out.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No photos, but saw two Sig S's charging at Fashion Island, one sig red, the other silver. No charging available, but parked my Sig S with them.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    While I agree it's a stupid maneuver ... I appreciate the reasoning. People are so f-ing inconsiderate of other people's hard work and the end results ... The keying is deserved by the ahole who is so careless to cause the ding in the first place.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted in Brookline, MA tonight

    Tesla Sighting.jpg
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét