Chủ Nhật, 30 tháng 10, 2016

Firmware 7.1 part 14

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Looks like a relatively small roll-out so far, but definitely more aggressive than the last few. US, Canada and the NL have reported updates so far. Only Model S so far, but as far as we can tell from the small-sh sample size (39 reports) there doesn't appear to be a pattern of preference, so we have AWD/RWD, small and large batteries, P and non-P, broad coverage across the VIN ranges.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I don't understand why some of you want lights on all the time while driving.

    That's what daytime running lights are for, which are already on all the time.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I have never heard the sound. Presumably its rather quiet and I'm just not hearing it over the music? It could be I just haven't been paying attention in the silence between songs to notice the chime.

    - - - Updated - - -

    For me at least, its when its drizzling/sprinkling/raining, but the automatic wipers aren't activating often. I want the lights on b/c visibility is reduced, but letting it do it automatically means every 5 minutes, the lights turn back off until another minute or two later when the wiper triggers again.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Geographic pattern?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    [/QUOTE]
    For me at least, its when its drizzling/sprinkling/raining, but the automatic wipers aren't activating often. I want the lights on b/c visibility is reduced, but letting it do it automatically means every 5 minutes, the lights turn back off until another minute or two later when the wiper triggers again.[/QUOTE]
    This happens to me too (UK). I reported it to serviceEU but they had not heard of it and merely said I should take the car to an SC. It's obviously a bug so I shall have another go at them.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The lights must be on when:

    (2) A condition requiring the windshield wipers to be in
    continuous use due to rain, mist, snow, fog, or other precipitation
    or atmospheric moisture.

    CVC 24400
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Um, yes it does:
    ** California Vehicle Code, Section 24400:**
    "A motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle, shall be operated during darkness, or inclement weather, or both, with at least two lighted headlamps . . . ."
    "Inclement Weather" Defined
    (1) A condition that prevents a driver of a motor vehicle from clearly discerning a person or another motor vehicle on the highway from a distance of 1,000 feet.
    -OR-
    (2) A condition requiring the windshield wipers to be in continuous use due to rain, mist, snow, fog or other precipitation or atmospheric moisture.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Drove ~75 miles on the highway with 2.12.22 autopilot. Much improved. Doesn't seem to like to hug trucks as much as it was on 2.9.154. Perfect.

    With the restrictions disabled (don't ask, I'm not telling) I did about 55 miles without even needing to consider touching the wheel.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Setting the DRLs to be on all the time satisfies that law, in my opinion. The DRLs are so bright they act like headlights during the daytime. Setting the headlights to Auto ensures they come on in low light conditions.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Why mention it if you wont tell anyone?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    He has discussed this in the hacking thread.

    The reason to mention it is that it was relevant to how he was able to drive 55 miles without touching the wheel. That statement required the explanation.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    But the DRLs don't turn on your tail lights so that the person behind you can see you...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Neither is any other part of the Autopilot suite. They promised hands free driving on-ramp to off-ramp. They promised it would read speed limit signs and automatically adjust to the limit. I could also say that neither the blind spot monitoring, nor the parallel parking are anywhere near many competing (or even much lower end) vehicles, but I suppose they didn't promise those would be the best out there... though it was implied that everything would be best in class... I think it was also implied that AEB would avoid collisions (whereas the current implementation is not designed to do that)

    And if the complete morons who invented DRL had had even an ounce of sense, that would be the end of it. But they didn't, so DRL doesn't enable any lights at all on the rear or side of the vehicle. Something that actually makes DRL more dangerous than not having it at all, as many people assume they have lights on, when they in fact don't. Drive at night anywhere in Canada (where DRL is mandatory) and you're pretty much guaranteed to see people without tail lights. Sure auto headlights help with that, but they do nothing for fog, and honestly, with grey cars on grey highways on bright sunny days.

    I'm starting to think he just likes to brag. I have a ton of respect for him, but I am getting a bit tired of him continually rubbing this in people's faces...

    Bingo!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    ^ this. (thanks)

    *sigh* ^ not this.

    I was pointing out the fact that the current version is much improved, and the fact that if Tesla hadn't added the pointless nags that it would be basically perfect at this point for highway use. The nags and restrictions would simply make me not want to use it at all, and definitely not purchase the feature on another vehicle in the future with the same downfalls. It's worth pointing out. Nothing to brag about.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I thought at one point you had written that there were no time-based nags in the AP code, based on your observations and analysis. So are the "pointless nags" you mentioned above non-time-based, or were time-based nags added after you wrote that, or did I just misunderstand something you wrote which I now cannot find, buried in hundreds of forum postings? (Right now I'm thinking the latter.)

    Thanks for a clue-by-four...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It is worth pointing out... and it's also worth bragging about.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm afraid an anal CHP officer and the court would disagree. DRLs are not "headlamps."
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    wk057 later found that there are time based nags, but only on certain "classes" of road. The car assigns each road a class, where the best ones don't get a time based nag, but all others do. The lower level the road, the more frequent the nag.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I completely missed that. Thanks!

    I almost answered bmah myself, and if I had I would have, apparently incorrectly, said that wk057 never discovered time-based nags.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ah, thanks green1! I clearly missed that part.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Correct.

    Basically the only nag I don't consider pointless is the "TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY" one. There are some "Hold the steering wheel" nags that are confidence based (where autopilot is pretty sure it's OK, but wouldn't mind reassurance that the driver is alert), and those are rather infrequent... so I'm cool with those I suppose. The others are timed only-to-annoy-the-driver nags. Those I think are pointless and pretty much negate the benefits of the tech by making the me not even want to use it.

    I don't know who thought that timed nags based on road class (or any timed nags for that matter) were a good idea... but I'd like to have a chat with that person.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Have you found out if AP disengages in this case, or simply does the alert and continue to *try* to drive? It's pretty hard to get a handle on this behavior as a normal driver.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    On my car it's quite obvious that it completely disengages, the steering goes limp, the acceleration stops, the car acts as if it's coasting wherever it wants. I'd be quite surprised if anyone finds differently!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Can anyone with 2.12.22 check whether the "quick select" button at the top-right corner of the Media app is back with this release?

    It was removed in a previous 7.1 release (can't remember which one at this point) to the chagrin of many owners such as myself.

    See below for what it used to look like:

    QS.png
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Someone in the thread about the feature dropping out reported that it still isn't there.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Everytime it happens to me it's at a point where I really need to take over, not enough time to see if it actually disengaged.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    To me it's a safety issue. The car has no way of knowing if your alive or dead, it just knows someone\something is in the seat. While I would agree with you 100% that excessive nagging is counter productive to the adoption of the feature, I disagree 100% that nagging of any kind is unnecessary.

    Or am I missing your premise?

    Jeff
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Try engaging it at a stop behind another vehicle at a traffic light, about 1/3 of the time when I do that, the other car drives away faster than Model S accelerates, and I get "take over immediately" even though I'm in a straight line at slow speed. I know this was supposedly improved in 7.1, so maybe it will be harder to test.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It needs to check that I'm alive every 3 minutes?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    At the reveal they stated that they could handle that situation by pulling over safely if needed, and that the system would not need to nag. So either they were lying (likely) or the nag is unnecessary.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was doing this in city traffic to demonstrate autopilot. Simply following the car in front with no visible lane markers. It never complained.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Drat. I just realized I thought the new update could do something that it can't. For some reason i thought you could perpendicular park without being in the car which would be useful for parking between cars where you don't want to worry about squeezing out of your door. But I just realized I read the notes totally wrong. Oh well.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    As I said, likely it's better now in 7.1, but in 7.0 it did have this issue, maybe I exaggerate by saying 1/3 of the time, but it is enough that if you do it routinely you will find it eventually.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    How would the system know without nagging? All it knows is someone\something is in the seat, that is all. Unless your car came with vital sign monitoring equipment that mine didn't come with... I have tested this, I have let the nag go and it safely stops the car. Again, without nag how would it know?

    Jeff

    - - - Updated - - -

    While I have yet to see any indication of a timed nag, I don't think every 3 minutes is inappropriate at all. A lot can happen in 3 minutes.

    I'm not trying to justify 3 minutes being too frequent or not frequent enough, I'm just saying I don't think that's a problematic number.

    Jeff
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Maybe it would know because it waits to nag until it actually has a question, and then if you don't respond it pulls over safely. Instead of assuming every 3 minutes that you MUST have died on it!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    But as I believe you know, it doesn't actually pull over safely, because it can't. (It can't change lanes safely.) So instead it just slows down, with the hazard lights on, and comes to a dead stop, even if it happens to be on a 70 MPH highway. To me this seems dangerous.


    Are you sure this was said at the D event? I've watched that video many times, and I'm not sure that it was.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm going based on what they promised, it's up to Tesla to get it to work that way.

    Some of the things were said in media interviews instead of at the event itself
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yep, not going to take this any further. You've dug your heals in on this one to the point where unless someone agrees with you completely, then there wrong. Waiting, potentially 10s of miles, to check for an active driver to me is far more unsafe than periodically checking for one on it's own.

    We'll simply have to agree to disagree.

    Jeff
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I didn't promise the feature, Tesla did. It's up to them to deliver, not for me to speculate on how.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So if you are dead the nag will resurrect you so you would then be able to drive the car?

    Tesla's lawyers may have convinced management that nags are necessary, but I no longer use AP after the 7.1 release (no great loss, given how much fun the car is to drive) and I no longer mention AP in my evangelical pro-Tesla pitch to non-owners.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Oh my! Let's do the American thing, and sue them!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Anyone in Canada got the 2.12.22 with summon working yet?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh no, we can't because Canadians don't have summon yet.:tongue:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Of course if you drive a normal car with cruise control and pass out our die, the car crashes, and everyone thinks that's normal, yet you add some steering to the mix, make it many times safer, and suddenly it's a problem?
    Sorry, I don't buy it. If you let go of the wheel on a car that can't steer itself it doesn't stop the cruise control, and in that case you know there will be problems, seems that with no nag at all the Tesla system is still a long way ahead of that.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Think about it for a second. If someone passes out at the wheel, it is almost certain that person will hit, grab, fall onto, or otherwise torque the wheel, disengaging AP. One less justification for the nag. The only one that holds water right now is when confidence of the upcoming road is low. But there is certainly no need for a timed nag.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Oh for the love of... Your stance is quite frankly, ridiculous. While it's 100% up to you how you operate your car and what features you chose to use, not using AP because you are occasionally asked to hold the wheel (which you should already be doing per the guidance given to you by Tesla to begin with) just doesn't make any logical sense at all to me.

    AP is AWESOME and refusing to use it, while up to you entirely, simply because you're occasionally asked to hold the wheel just screams petulant child to me.

    Jeff

    - - - Updated - - -

    I disagree, there is no certainty at all how the disabled driver may "fall". If your using the feature the way you're supposed to there is no nag because your hands are never off the wheel... The nag is entirely there to make sure you're in control of the car and paying attention to what's going on. With the current sensor suite and capabilities, there is always going to be nag if you choose to ignore the guidance Tesla is providing to keep your hands on the wheel.

    Jeff
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It's not "occasionally", but every 2-3 minutes. And it's not "hold the wheel" but "apply quite significant torque". I _love_ all kinds of automation but I was close to just using TACC on Monday when I had to drive 200 miles on straight roads with 7.1.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    We have different meanings for the words "occasionally" and "significant" it would seem. The rare few times I see the nag come up, and it's rare for me probably because I keep at least one finger or two on the wheel almost at all times (95%+), all I have to do is grab the wheel with a very slight jiggle and it goes away.

    As much as I want to get on my soap box regarding my feelings on holding the steering wheel like you're clearly supposed to, I've said my piece on this a few times before and there's no sense rehashing it now. Such is life...

    Jeff
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It's all well and good to talk about how Tesla is now saying our hands should be on the wheel at all times anyway, so the nag should not be an issue, but let's remember that that is not how the car was demo'd at the D event. The test drivers all showed how the car was driving with their hands completely off the wheel. The expectation was that the driver would be able to do what the test drivers at the D event were doing.

    Videos, including one of Elon Musk, if anyone needs reminders:



    Hands-free at :38.




    Hands-free at :50.


    And finally, Elon Musk:



    Hands-free at 2:01.

    If this is not how the car was intended to be driven why demo it this way?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    And your point is??? When you enable auto steer it clearly tells you, in clearly understandable wording, that you are to keep your hands on the wheel at all times and be prepared to take over at all times. You get a similarly worded warning each and every time you activate auto steer. Not a single video you posted is relevant so far as I'm concerned, clearly you disagree.

    That's fine, lets simply agree to disagree and move on from it. I'm tired of reading all the whining and moaning about nag and I'm even more tired of trying to counter act it to the point of letting the whining and moaning win. It's simply not worth it.

    I'll continue to use the feature as Tesla has officially presented it to me, others can make their own choices and rationalize them however they choose.

    Jeff

    EDIT: I want to be clear that I also occasionally take both hands off, I have no problems admitting that as I'm not perfect. The times where I have, for one reason or another, I do see the nag eventually (never paid attention to how frequently), but it has yet to bother me in any way, shape, or form...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My point is the following: You were defending Tesla's implementation of the nag as justified because according to Tesla we're supposed to keep our hands on the wheel anyway. My point is that isn't really a valid defense, since the product they delivered was not supposed to require hands on the wheel.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Maybe it wasn't "supposed" to Andy but anyone who has used it has run into situations where it suddenly did something unexpected and you needed to have your hand on the wheel. That may not be what you or any of us expected but its needed in this implementation and Tesla called an audible.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You probably drive on roads without a timed nag.

    And I repeat that I _do_ hold my hands on the wheel, except that I do it too lightly for AP to register.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You say Tesla called an audible. I say they failed to deliver (AGAIN) on what they promised. Tomato, tomahto I guess.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Perhaps some of this thread should get split off to 7.1 AutoPilot Nag ?

    In any case, if the purpose of the timed nag were in fact for the car to know if I'm alive, then any other input only accessible to the driver should reset the timer. Well, let's go through that list. Changing lanes does not. Changing set speed does not. Using the steering wheel controls (without applying torque to the wheel) does not. Operating the drive side window/mirror controls does not. Applying additional acceleration using the accelerator pedal does not. Moving the steering wheel with the adjustment stalk does not. Adjusting the driver seat does not.reading scre

    All of the things I've listed are definitely simpler, programatically, to detect, yet the car will still nag you every few minutes on certain roads regardless of confidence. Based on this and the above, the timed nag must NOT be about an "I'm alive" check.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No there is a point here. You can crash into something nearly instantaneously with bad steering input. Steering is therefore objectively more risky than controlling throttle input.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    If you let go of the wheel in a car without autopilot you crash. If you let go of the wheel of a car with autopilot you might crash, or you might not. Which is riskier? Why does a car with autopilot need to see if you're still there, but a car without it can just let you crash?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Well not really. The car tends to go straight, and on properly banked roads it will tend to take turns. Even when the car isn't keeping up you're drifting slowly. They put the rumble strips on both sides of the road for a reason. Autopilot on the other hand gives active input. It can easily steer you into a barrier in milliseconds.

    If it was easy, it would have been done a long time ago.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I don't own an AP S, but got to use one for about 40 minutes today. There was no "nag" (timed or otherwise) on the Southern California freeway I was on and the latest firmware seems much smoother than what I drove just 2 months ago. I was impressed.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    If that were actually the case (it actually is nowhere near!) We would have far fewer people driving in to the ditch when they fall asleep at the wheel.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    On 2.12.45 the source button is not back.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I suspect that the source button went away because the Spotify app being added to the system (even if disabled in the US). It is likely for one (or both) of these reasons:
    1 - The Spotify app is isolated from the rest of the code base and it doesn't (yet) provide a feedback mechanism for the source selector to know the station name. Hopefully if this is the deficiency, it will simply be worked on and released when ready.
    2 - All the pieces for the Source Selector is there, but Tesla's implementation of the Spotify app is "in place" of the Slacker/Rdio app (even when a US car gets Spotify enabled, Slacker goes away and Spotify replaces Slacker's slot in everything). With this one or the other code, Tesla couldn't/didn't want to complicate the Source Selector to handle both cases so it only accepts the integrated app (Slacker/Rdio) or the bolt-on app (Spotify). In this case, given how Tesla has historically not prioritized the media player, I wouldn't expect this to change until Spotify is officially released for all the cars regardless of country.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Maybe because the driver of a car without autopilot tends not to let go of the steering wheel?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    +1 yes please! :biggrin:

    Actually I do have a question for you Jason. You wrote:

    Emphasis mine. Have you been able to determine what type of roads those are based on your interpretation of the code? Are they geographically defined or categorized by certain parameters (and if so, which ones)?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Thanks for the report. So we already have another version of 2.12.x - that was quick! Still on 2.11.54 here.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Due to the way they implemented Spotify I don't think it will be returning any time soon. :(

    - - - Updated - - -

    Yeah, I did a write up somewhere on it.... *digs*

    From the nag thread:
    It's based on the built in nav data, which is, as we all know, pretty terrible sometimes.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    All these references to Elon's Autopilot statements at the D Event, no hands, nags, and such ... great debate topics I suppose, but something that will never be more than subjective POVs. For me as a relatively new owner of less than 6 months, I knew coming into this game from my research and before ordering Autopilot that Elon and therefore Tesla had a horrible track record of both delivering on time, and Elon's marketing excitement (hype?) didn't always match up to what was ultimately delivered -- in part I believe because he makes statements committing his company way too early before final design and decisions, and then global legals teams are engaged. Like most of us I suspect, I personally don't like being told one thing and then receiving something else (lesser?), but just acknowledge that was going to be the way my life would be owning a Tesla -- even before placing my order.

    OK, back to the complaints about too many nags. IMHO, unless two drivers drive the same road with the same conditions at the same time of day, and THEN compare their views of nags, I don't see much benefit in many of the observations people continue to excude, except hopefully the posters feeling better after vocalizing... I know I do sometimes! ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ok, let's clarify a few things. First of all, one of our friends from the UK recently posted some AP photos on this site. I don't remember which thread it was on, but what did strike me is that the message that came up when engaging autosteer is "Pay attention at all times." Not "Keep you hands on the wheel at all times." This leads me be believe the message is the result of regulatory requirements, not technical limitations.

    Next, the amount of torque required to disengage autosteer is very small. I know someone who, while driving on AP on the PA turnpike. Lane markings were great, weather was great, and there was very little traffic. He took a drink of some coffee, got some down the wrong pipe, and began to cough violently to get it out. He thought all was OK....

    Next thing he knew he opened his eyes and couldn't see. He vaguely remembered the last thing he was doing was driving. As his vision restored, he realized he was on the shoulder of the turnpike doing 75 mph. Autosteer was disengaged, but TACC was still active. He brought the car back onto the highway and soon fully regained his senses.

    I am not suggesting this is a typical case of driver incapacitation. But it may be the first case of driver incapacitation while on AP. Had autosteer remained engaged, the car could be credited for saving a life. Instead, that honor goes to luck.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Sometimes you have to adjust the plan based on the reality of circumstances at the time. Many an audible has turned into a good play. Maybe not what was promised or planned but a good outcome nonetheless. Let's hope this will end up like that.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You're quite right, it is 100% up to me how I operate my car and what features I chose to use.

    But in fairness to you and your view, my situation may be different than that of others. I live in the country and don't commute in stop and go traffic. If I did, I would probably still use AP. There are some two-lane federal highways where I used to use it; however the custom here is 7 to 10 over, and I don't want to hold up traffic at the restricted 5 over, so I no longer use AP on these roads. I used to enjoy experimenting to see how AP handled different conditions.

    What remains are trips up and down an interstate which has a 70 mph limit and 80 mph traffic. But I don't use the Tesla for long trips, so on-ramp to off-ramp generally ranges from 15 minutes to half an hour, which is not long enough to make driving tiring.

    The result is that my prospective use of AP is for short bursts of high speed on the interstate, where the only real reason to us it is entertainment, fun, or just the cool factor of riding in a self-driving car.

    The nag, which occurs quite often at 80 mph, eliminates the cool factor (because it makes the technology seem half-baked, which in a way it is) and for me at least, waiting for the dreaded nag where I have to tug at the wheel, takes away the fun. And at high speeds the nags come quite often. So I no longer use it.

    But then there's the question of why I don't just keep my hands on the wheel on the interstate, which would eliminate the nag.

    The reason is -- and I feel very strongly about this and am amazed that more people don't feel this same way -- is that having hands on the wheel during autosteering is among the most laughably pointless scenarios ever imagined. Picture someone in a dinghy with the sail up and cruising along in the wind, all the while furiously rowing.

    Actually it's worse than this, because having hands on the wheel is not only redundant but a bad thing. When my hands are on the wheel, a very effective and fully debugged autopilot is engaged: me. No need to engage a different one. Putting hands on the wheel activates decades of muscle memory so that my hands automatically steer the car. he problem is that another entity (AP) is simultaneously trying to steer the car on a slightly different track with slightly different steering inputs. The result is I end up fighting AP, so that when I have tried hands on the wheel I soon cause AP to give up and disengage, usually in a few tens of seconds. If anything, this conflict reduces safety rather than increases it.

    So then why don't I make myself relinquish control, so my hands hold the wheel firmly enough to be sensed by AP, but follow its lead?

    Because what I absolutely refuse to do is screw up that long-earned muscle memory and retrain myself so I do not automatically take full control of the car whenever I have hands on the wheel! I believe that would, after a while, be quite dangerous.

    If Tesla owners follow the company's lawyers' demand and operate the car in AP with hands on the wheel, I believe the time will come when someone, having retrained themselves to be passive when they have hands on the wheel, will either forget AP is off, or not notice it has disengaged: the result will be disastrous. Or thanks to their trained passivity they will not react when AP does something wrong. This will not happen to me because for me, hands on the steering wheel means that I am steering. So I will never use AP with hands full on the wheel, although I have always kept my hands close enough and my attention focused so I could grab the wheel and take over, which I have had to do many times since the system was introduced.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Looks like service just installed 2.12.45... doesn't look like there were any major changes. Update to the master charger firmware it looks like.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    FYI, The "hands on wheel" sensing is done by sensing reaction torque. So what's needed is added mass, not "tugging". Just grip the wheel but leave your arm slack. It takes it a second to detect this (probably an integrative noise filter), so once gripped, just hold it for a bit before trying something else.

    Like I said earlier, you can attach a mass (seems to need around 7oz minimum on the outer part), and it thinks you are constantly holding it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest

    Just mount it in portrait mode. :wink:

    Car Steering Wheel Universal Phone Holder BoardwalkBuy
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I love that you have a proxy in place to monitor this stuff. I've been in tech for 30yrs, and never have I ever known anyone like yourself that has made the time for such cool stuff. Hats off!
    Thanks for always answering my curiosities! I noticed that the update was about 60MB so I figured it couldn't be that major, but it's cool to know that it was mostly a charger update.

    Thanks again!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Gee wow. A really useful thread completely off into the weeds. Get off my lawn! Get your own thread(s)! :)

    Current status on the firmware tracker:

    2.12.22 is at 56 reported installs, seems to be fairly evenly distributed on all criteria I usually track (except Model S only)
    2.12.45 has now popped up with 9 installs in North America (but overall 9 really isn't enough reports to give an idea of whether this is rolled out across the fleet). So far also only Model S reporting.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just installed 2.12.22 on my 2014 Model S. Seems to have significantly degraded the navigation system function. System is very slow to respond to turns, the system thinks the car has continued on the prior street and gives erroneous corrections until it gets its' bearings. I just did a reboot and will see if that improves the situation next time I go out. I have already sent a bug report to the mother ship.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just had 2.12.45 installed on my 2013 Model S P85 (non-D/AP) at home (wifi / SF Peninsula).

    Unless I missed seeing it in the previous FW, looks like these are new:

    * With this release, the Creep setting is now saved to Driver Profiles
    * Audio can now be paused or mute from the steering wheel controls when Park Assist View is visable on the Instrument Panel
    * The auto windshield-wiping logic has been improved.

    There may be other changes for those with D and/or AP that I don't have visibility to.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I had an opportunity to really test this today. Decreasing radius interstate exchange. I reduced cruising speed and waited for autopilot to fail. It was flashing 'take control now' for a few seconds at least, but it was clearly continuing to steer into the curve.

    Hmm, so the behavior is random?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It tries to continue to steer, but only if it has something to base it on. If the reason for the failure is a complete lack of input it will not continue to steer. If it loses the lane markings and such, then quickly picks back up on them, it will steer more. So, kind of random... but not really. Pretty predictable behavior as with most digital things.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Again, when the camera cannot read a speed limit sign or a speed limit sign is not there, it takes the speed limit provided by the Navteq Navigon / Garmin map data. This data is three years out of whack. We need the navigation data desperately updated.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I got the .12 upgrade last week and today got a new map upgrade. All working well (pre AP car).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Good discussion....

    This thread is about firmware, happy to report that I got 2.12.45 and it has had two miraculous effects on my car:

    It fixed broken Bluetooth. BT has been inop for 2+ months with a failure to initialize message. No phone, no connections with devices possible, just "needs service" !when you press the BT symbol on top row.

    It fixed voice commands that have also been inop for same period. Voice command tries alway gave "unclear recording try again" for anything tried.

    These features (and all Nav) were knocked out after OTA update early Dec.2015 which I think was first patch pushed after getting on 7.1 for a couple weeks.

    I had received a coupke OTAs in Jan and Feb and these same features remained broken throughout, even though new features of those releases were installing correctly, so the process was working fine.

    Finally, 2.12.45 comes along, and BAM! Bluetooth has teeth again, and voice commands have gained a say again.

    Nav is still broken.

    Nav just spins and spins and never calculates a route and never brings up the Nav applet on left side of instrument cluster. So all my range calculations and trip planning aids have nothing to go on...

    Funny that Nav got knocked out with that same OTA that took out BT and voice. And a hardware swap is the prescription to cure it. When software fixed the other things busted at that same time.

    Any suggestions for me to try tonight before my dash is torn down tomorrow... I'm getting a new console computer tomorrow, and doing LTE upgrade at same time.

    Anybody else have Nav stop working, and came back again without having to swap 'puters?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest

    I am Electrocutus of TORG.

    Resistance was futile.

    I have been assimilated.


    Your firmware, as it has been, is over.

    From this time forward, you will accept, flatness.


    picard 2.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Is this your way of telling us you actually accepted the update?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Resistance was futile.

    Second annual service had my first drive unit replaced and the LTE upgraded. Either one required a firmware update. I begged and pleaded to keep 6.2, but it was not meant to be.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Multiple posts on Bug Reporting moved to new thread. Please keep discussion here specific to Firmware v7.1
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Now that HankLlloydRight has been assimilated the end must be near. Let's be optimistic and hope that it means 7.2 with improved UI will roll out soon (but sadly, my usual set of "informants" haven't shared any details of their beta builds with me, so I'm not sure this is actually what's about to happen).

    After appearing to be a bigger push at first, 2.12.45 has also petered out at 50 reported installs or ~10% of the people who are currently reporting updates. Very few non-North-American reports on that build (just a couple from Norway and one from Spain that is oddly coded as being from OT which isn't a code I'm familiar with). No Model X, yet, other than that it seems to cover all types and ages of cars.

    Keep reporting, please.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Thanks, just signed up.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Someone, somewhere, mentioned to clear our the history of your recent travels and that sped nav up for them. I don't know if it's the same problem you're experiencing or not.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Its in one of the last few Bj�rn's videos:

    Bj�rn's Tesla Model S videos - Page 113
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Cleared history acouple weeks ago to try that, no joy

    But thanks!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yup. We were all laughing at Mercedes because drivers used the beer can trick to get rid of the nag. Tesla's was a major step above that, according to C&D. But after that review came out, you now need to do this:

    sddefault.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    It does? I don't get any speed limit displayed when getting on a new road until the first speed limit sign comes up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Isn't there a known bug where the the memory fills up completely and nav stops working until you do a full factory reset?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    ... aaaand this showed up on my screen yesterday:

    IMG_7320.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That's not a firmware update, there's a separate thread for nav updates somewhere.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was responding to "We need the navigation data desperately updated". It appears to have been desperately updated.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    :facepalm: I didn't even notice you quoted someone...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I just got 12.126 upgrade this morning. Nothing different in the release notes.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ditto
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    How do some owners get 4 updates and other owners get only 1. Hmmmm
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    2.12.126 seems to be getting pushed out rather quickly; I just installed it...already 20 updates today.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Two new versions popped up in the last 24h or so. 2.11.115(?? - we've had 2.12.x for ten days now) with one reported update on a Model S 85D at a service center. And about 25 reports for 2.12.126. US, Canada and The Netherlands, oddly only on large batteries (85 and 90, but 25 reports is just small enough that this could still be coincidence), both AWD and RWD, AP and non-AP, and across all VIN ranges.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Oddly enough I picked my car up at the SC and it had the yellow clock on. It's in my garage now updating. Strange that the SC didn't apply the update themselves.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I've been having problems with scheduled charging either starting late, or finishing and then starting again a few hours later for a minute. Hopefully this version squashes that bug.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Pretty common. The SC will "stage" the update (meaning initiate the download, but not apply). This keeps the car from being un-drivable (and possibly un-serviceable) for the .5-2 hours that an update may take.

    Had a Ranger call where the guy said "Sorry I'm late.. the last customer started a firmware install 5 minutes before I got to his house." He had to sit and wait for an hour for it to finish before he could do what he needed to do.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm thinking more of Brent Spiner doing his Patrick Stewart imitation. :smile:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just to the update as well. Nothing major seems to have changed.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I know how you felt about the old firmware, but this was worth it IMO.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just got alert for another software update. Already on 2.12.22 and will update the tracker once I get it updated.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The P85+ loaner that I am driving got the 2.12.126 revision installed today.

    My S85+AP is at the SvC, and I got a notification that it had received an update, version unknown.
    I asked them when I left the car to update both the firmware and the maps, if possible.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My P85+ was updated today to 2.12.126

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just got a update and it self installed, with no indication in the car of it having been updated. I have 7.1.29. Still no autopilot reactivation, the Borg knows what's best for us in HK.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    [Temporarily Deleted Until I Hear Back From Tesla On Possible Security Issue]
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Keep forgetting to snap a shot of this when I have an update with the car in dev mode:

    updater-in-dev-mode.jpg

    While not release notes, it would be nice if they enabled this for normal end users to see what the version it wants them to install is. Not sure why they don't give any info about what the pending update is for or what it does.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Been wanting this for years.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    By my accounts 2.11.45 and 2.12.45 was released to a limited group of random cars. 2.11.45 seemed to be what people were getting from the SvC and 2.12.45 is what a few select users got OTA. The 2.12.126 looks to be the wider release incorporating the features of those releases and some fixes to more cars.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Is it possible that Tesla is now preventing (some) cars from downloading firmware updates over a cellular network (3G or LTE)?
    I ask because I've been "stuck" on a fairly old version of 7.1 (2.11.54) which is now 5 versions behind the latest (2.12.126).

    A while ago, I turn off the WiFi access point details to my home network as the signal to the car is bad based on where I place the router, given that it's more important for me to have strong signal through the house to my fixed and mobile electronic devices, rather than to the car.

    Looking back at my firmware update events, the last non-WiFi update I got over the air was in September 2015! The rest have been through a service center or via WiFi.

    So after not getting any updates for a while, I decided to temporarily relocate my WiFi access point tonight to a location closer to where I park my car - and bingo! I see a flurry of activity on my router from the beast with a large download in progress.

    Could it be that Tesla is limiting 3G/LTE downloads to reduce data network costs?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Quite possible. All of my updates have been over WiFi, pretty much.

    Also, the map updates look like they will *only* download via WiFi.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Up late, are we? I'm on the west coast and feel like it's already past my bedtime :biggrin:

    Thanks for the heads-up on maps requiring WiFi. Explains why I've never received one yet!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I've always had my MS on Wifi (with good signal in my garage) for over 2 years, this week was the very first time I saw map updates message, EVER (of course I assume when I got a new car in May it had updated maps compared to my 2013).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm sure we've been trying to figure this out for years, but does anyone have any clue why certain people are getting the updates when they do? I know for 7.1 there was definitely a correlation between location and when you got the update, but other than that the updates have been incredibly random and it's quite bizarre to have so many different builds out there.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I received a fw update notice last night while on LTE, haven't updated yet to see which version.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét