Chủ Nhật, 30 tháng 10, 2016

Firmware 7.1 part 35

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just like our cars.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Got the .100 today based on TESLAFI notification. Haven't driven the car yet. Been having AP problems, hoped it fixes it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The teslafi software notifications are just notifications that a car in the teslafi fleet has been upgraded to an unseen new version. There's only one X90D reporting the .100 release so far. I added the feature since I like knowing when a new software update is out there. It doesn't necessarily mean your car has the update, you'll be notified via in app or in car if you actually receive the update. The update log on teslafi.com will also show you the history of updates since you signed up. Hoping to make the software update page publicly viewable soon so people can track updates without being a member.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Installed .100 just now. it said "minor fixes and improvements" on the release notes. I will drive the car tomorrow.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just got 2.32.100, being outside the service center at Rud in Norway
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I don't get this voodoo ritual. What makes everyone think the MCD doesn't reboot on its own when a software update is applied? It would be very difficult to update the software without a reboot.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I believe there is a reboot at least most of the time -- but at least 3 firmware updates since I've taken delivery about 11 months ago, my CID is either frozen afterwards or I have slow/odd problems which are resolved with a reboot. I don't manually reboot as a habit after each update as some suggest, but I'm running about 30% failure rate to-date where a manual reboot after notification of "firmware update is complete" gets me going again.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Same here except due to the unpredictable slow/odd problems I just do it as a matter of course while its in my garage rather than dealing with the problem on the road. I'm not sure it makes a difference but I hold the buttons down until the "T" comes up on the screens. I don't remember if I read about that method on TMC or if a Service Technician told me it was like a "cold reboot" as opposed to the regular "warm reboot". I was also told by someone that Tesla had them put their foot on the brake in addition to the "cold" boot for some reason. In any case it doesn't hurt anything.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    :rolleyes:
    The change in lane size was bugging me so I put another 50 miles on AP yesterday afternoon. As the sun was setting, it finally became apparent that the sensors and blue lane display had been tracking a rain seam within the lanes instead of the lane markers, thus carving about 1 foot from the actual lane range. While I preferred that tighter path, as soon as the sun went down, the display and driving was back to a full sized lane. I love driving AP at night, but those east-west commutes into the sun glare requires more vigilance as sensors seem to unpredictably fake a left or right, or as was the case yesterday drove for 45 minutes consistently following a concrete rain seam. The biggest fake yet. :cool:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Drove the car today on .100. Nothing stands out, but I did notice the car's audio sound is better. I had to lower the bass and highs to suit my preference.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was driving near the Dallas service center so I decided to stop in the service center parking lot for a few minutes. The firmware was available when I got home and I had it installed. The car is now on version 2.32.100, and I updated the firmware upgrade tracker.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hopefully @Ingineer tells us what changed in .100! :)

    (getting real tempted to drive by a service center)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I just stopped by my SvC today and got 2.32.100. The install was about 5 minutes longer than my last one 2.30.33.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I stopped by the SvC about an hour ago and haven't gotten anything yet. I suspect that it'll take another week before I get an update :)

    (I also suspect that a day after I get it, 2.32.150 will be out!)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Charged at LAFAYETTE several times. I've only seen other Teslas once or twice.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It was a little over two weeks since the last time I got one there if that helps.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yeah it definitely looks aged. At least a week if not more.

    The only exception seems to be if they find something wrong with an update they previously pushed out, they'll give you another one sooner.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I for one hope that we don't get this thread to 200 pages... bring on the 8 already.

    Canada and Australia (and probably others) are stuck on old firmware with constantly crashing 3G. The firmware has been forked for our stupid safer Summon (darn that American blood lust lol) and now we're forked until 8.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ok, folks, I've spent the day enhancing EV-FW.com to allow you to add a Tesla API token to your account, and then assign cars from your MyTesla account to the cars on EV-FW.com. You'll need a valid token from some other site (or yourself, if you know how) to add to the site. EV-FW does not ask for your MyTesla login credentials. There are enough sites that do that already.

    It's all in "beta" for now, but if you add your token AND assign a car to each record (just "edit" your car and save), the routine will run every few hours to check your firmware version, and update your records accordingly. The program assumes a "wifi" connection, but really that's not an attribute we're tracking much anymore, so it doesn't really matter.

    When the system detects a new firmware version, you should get a PM on the forums with a notification. I can't really test this because you can't talk to yourself on Xenforo like you could with vBulletin.

    So please try it out and let me know if you have any problems. You can get an API token from TeslaFi.com.

    edit: If your token looks like this with three dots in the middle: df75f611f2d94...9c9ee020600a -- it's not a valid token. I've asked Teslalog.com to fix this. Proper tokens are displayed on Teslafi.com

    thanks.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Is teslafi.com safe? I get very nervous about my user id and password. Any way to get the token from an official Tesla site?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I can't answer if Teslafi.com is safe or not, but I use it. It's no different than Remote S, EVMote, Teslalog.com or any other site that needs to log in to the API. I just don't want to add to the list of sites that ask for login credentials so I'm skipping that step and relying on others to supply it.

    I don't think there is any official way to get your token.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm in the US and am also stuck on a version in which 3G crashes every 5-10 minutes or so. So it's not just people outside the US.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm not convinced it's safe yet. I'd need to know if they pass but not retain your token. Allen Wong (Remote S) has documentation about his technique which doesn't keep the token so I'm confortable with it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    2.32.100 updated the following systems (from 2.32.65):

    CID (Center Display)
    IC (Instrument Cluster)
    Gateway
    Audio DSP
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hmm... more audio changes huh?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hey @ZoomFPV........you have good ears! I look forward to my download.
    Edit: ^^Chillaban...I just noticed the same.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Me too
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Don't know how you always seem to get the latest and greatest @Ingineer. I am on .65 and was driving by my service center today and stopped by to make a few phone calls and see if I would get a new push. Never got a prompt for .100.
    *June 2015 85D with all options except HD radio. (I know not every car gets every update)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Somewhere between 2.20.30 and 2.28.60 I seem to have had a regression in charging speed using the UMC, sorry I can't be more specific. See my post in the charging forum.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    @Ingineer previously posted he can't reveal methods, so it's probably best for all of us not to probe.

    As for me, I'm still on .19, hanging in there, but becoming a bit envious of everyone that believes they have noticeable improvements to Media Player that is a VERY important part of my driving experience.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It is ironic that you, of anybody, and your 6000 songs are lagging behind. FWIW, I noticed no improvement in the UHFS at .65 but MSNOW did. Earlier this week, ZOOM thought .100 sounded better and actually tapered down the base. So, perhaps its a convenient delay if you are able to leap frog .65 to .100.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'd characterize the sound improvement as "better" not necessarily "noticeable" because it's subtle. Either that or I'm totally imagining it :).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    More like the audio range is more flat. Used to be bright on the high and hollow on the bass.

    By the way, I do have a audio setup at home running Cary tube amplifiers and Spica Angelus speakers :) they are good for reference.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So�. classically trained musician from a young age here, played at Carnegie Hall a few times, nowadays just have a crappy taste for pop / dance-pop / hip hop music in the car�.. But I still serve on a few expert audio panels for user testing codecs and sound products, and have proven myself a few times in qualifying for these positions that I have an ear for discerning audio quality differences�.


    At any rate, I don't like waving credentials around, but I do agree that it's better, but not OMG THIS IS AMAZING better. I would expect most people to be able to notice a difference, and some people probably want to crank down the bass a bit compared to before, but it's not like a night and day difference like you put a soundbar on your flat-screen TV or replaced your stock iPhone earbuds with a $500 pair of studio monitors�.

    I'm pleased to see them making improvements though. As of 2.32.19, surround mode is still a little on the tinny side (A bit excessive treble to the point of being harsh), but it now has a noticeable and sometimes positive impact on stereo separation compared to before, when it just reduced fidelity.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I've been on 2.28.42 for about a month (since my car was last at the SC for Ludicrous upgrade), but have been having issues with BlueTooth dropping mid-call and the central display rebooting lately.

    I called Tesla Ownership yesterday to report the issues, then my SC called to explain that the issue was likely with my USB memory stick. They also pushed 2.32.100 to my car, which I installed overnight. Tracker updated!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Would you share a picture of the EQ settings you use in the car ?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Thx for the update.

    To no one in particular, but does anyone else just find it puzzling how USB Flash Drives seem to be able to create all sort of havoc in our Tesla, and beyond adding code to lock-out USB keyboards and mice (likely to slow hacking except by much more tenacious tinkerers), Tesla has not (yet) elected to put any better error recovery logic into their firmware to handle possible failures and impact on other subsystems? Microsoft, Apple, and numerous other software/engineering firms seem to have products that are far more robust, where errant USB devices don't take down the OS and be a repeated target of finger-pointing. ;). Sorry. Had to say it. I feel better now.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yep, pretty much describes my impressions as well. I used to keep Dolby off but with it turned on now I can hear a positive difference depending on the digital sound processing of the source material. Most Slacker sounds better and some of my FLAC tracks sound very good while others sound muted or flat depending on how it was processed.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Pretty new to the forum but trying to figure out how you guys are getting these updates, I received 2.28.19 a month or two ago but nothing since. I was at the service center last week and that didn't seem to work.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Don't worry with it. Not all do receive it. Tesla is still in control of exactly which cars will and won't get the update -- no one here has broken 100% of the logic. I'm still on .19, despite going through geofenced areas twice.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Thought you all might get a kick out of this. I just had my 2 month old MS in for cosmetic service including a small rattle on the passenger side, front door speaker. The report back listed this solution "Installed foam tape to speaker grill and lowered bass from 10 to 8 to prevent speaker issues".

    It's not rattling anymore so that's good... just don't use the features of the car :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Don't feel bad. I'm also still on .19.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tried the geofencing trick for the first time since I was also on 2.28.19. Spent 5 minutes waiting in the parking lot of the Tysons Corner (Tyco Rd.) Virginia service center. By the time I drove home I was notified of a software update available.

    Installed 2.32.100. The UHFS stereo system has definitely improved -- tried many of my 3000 FLAC music files (made from uncompressed CD tracks) on a USB memory stick and noticed 2 things: bass is improved (no more bass boost needed in the equalizer), and the sound stage is wider and more enveloping with Dolby Surround on. It still doesn't sound quite as good as the stereo of other cars I've owned, but it's now more than acceptable.

    The update also seems to have fixed the loss of 3G cellular signal with 2.28.19 that required me to reboot the center display in order to get any signal after switching to cellular from WiFi. Hopefully it's back to normal operation.

    So far I haven't noticed any change to AutoPilot.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I too just parked at the San Diego SrC and on the way home got the notification. Now 3 for 3 using this technique. Updating now...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I still like stereo better as well, sounds so much more natural.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    As far as I can tell you only need to enter the geofence, you do not need to wait around. As soon as you enter, the car immediately reports it and if your VIN is due, then the patch starts downloading usually within a minute or so. One the patch is downloaded and verified, you get the alarm clock. So ideally you just enter and then immediately go where there is either good cell signal or a WiFi connection. There is no need to sit there.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I always take your advice, but in this case, if true, then there remains a very mysterious reason as I reported upthread as to why I did not receive an update with both of my 3-5 min drive-thru's of two different geo-fenced locations on separate days several days ago (that have reported automatic update notifications from other owners here). I'm still on .19, opposed to another S90D exactly like mine here in SoCal built a couple weeks earlier that has just another 1K miles and does not have dual-chargers that I do. IMHO the BIG difference between our experiences is he has stopped and turned his MS off briefly, which has gotten him an update soon thereafter each time. If my SvC and Store were not more than an hour away, I need to try the "turn it off and sit inside the geofence for 5 minutes" approach to at least rule that out ... and increase my supposition of being on a naughty list!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Interesting. I've always made sure that I was able to connect to the service center's wifi. Each time I've done that, knowing that there was an update, I got the update. One time I was not able to connect and did not receive it. Not a lot of sample points to say connection is required.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Odd... we have 73 reports for 2.32.100 - and two for 2.34.100. Normally I'd say "hu, typo". But two in a row? And one from @andrewket who has submitted more than 30 of these entries...
    Other than that, 2.28.19 still seems to be the last full rollout.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tesla log shows a 2.34.100 as well, and I thought that was programmatically read out of the car.

    FWIW I stopped by Sunnyvale today.... no update offered from 2.32.65. If history is anything to go by, it won't be until Monday or Tuesday that I get offered another one.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Funny, I saw this too so I double checked. It's correct. I got it when I stopped by the SC today for 5 min and my car joined the wifi.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    An interesting new side effect of receiving the software. The GPS seems to have reset and temporarily lost its fix. Normally not a big deal. Unfortunately I use scheduled charging on a TOU plan and always plug my S in when I get home. Since scheduled charging is based on location, and it didn't know it was home, charging started immediately and I didn't notice. That's going to be annoying when the bill arrives.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I have the other 2.34.100 update. I reread it in VT repeatedly before reporting it as a new version on the tracker because it does look like a typo.

    In my case, I contacted HQ for the third time to push an update and fix an issue where my car hadn't been receiving automatic OTA updates since January 2015. Apparently it was caused by my car not being marked as delivered in their system. Weird. I don't know why they didn't spot that the other two times.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So I stopped by Rocklin yesterday and charged. 3/4 of the way through I decided to check through my app it's progress. I tried multiple times but was not able to connect to my car. At first I thought it was the newer version of the app as I hadn't used it since the update a few days ago. I get in my car and see that it automatically connected to "Tesla Service" AP. The signal was very weak and I was going to take a picture of it and it is no longer connected. I asked one of the Tesla employees if there has been issues connecting with the app and he mentioned the solar panels affect the signal and that if I turn off the WiFi I should be able to connect. I try again since it wasn't connected to the WiFi any longer and showing LTE and I'm able to connect to my car through the app again.

    I don't know if people are reporting they need to connect to Tesla Service or Tesla Guest. Tesla Guest requires a password which I overheard when another customer asked what that password was. It was a real simple password so it doesn't appear security is a concern with that AP.

    Anyway, I have yet to get receive an update the 3x I've tried there. According to @Ingineer, it doesn't require any WiFi connection. And if it does, the signal strength there is very weak. I did manage to take a picture when it finally was able to automatically connect to Tesla Service which I believe left me unable to connect through the app.

    IMG_20160826_113324.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Well, now that I'm on 2.32.100 and reading all the reports of improved sound, I tried Dolby Surround again for the first time since I got the car. My memory for over 1.5 years ago was that it really sucked, so compared to that it sounded okay. But it did reduce the bass levels considerably, so I think I'll keep it off for now.


    On an unrelated note, I saw a warning in the IC yesterday that I had never seen before. A car ran a stop sign as I was about to drive through the intersection, so even though it was driving perpendicular to me, my car seems to have recognized it as an "obstacle":

    image.jpeg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Awesome! Haven't seen that before.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Wow, that's the first time I've seen that. Bet it's new.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Wow, and I'm impressed you got a pic. How long did it register on the screen?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I received 2.34.100 today as well. Definitely not a typo.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tg
    That's really interesting! Good post.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not long, maybe a few seconds. I kept the accelerator pedal pressed in until I could take the photo, as I knew it would go away as soon as I let go (which it did).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Well,it could still be a typo on the Tesla side.


    P.S. Glad to see our firmware cheerleader Dirk back again. ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm stuck on 2.28.19 also..
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    2.34.100 updated the following systems (from 2.32.100):

    CID (Center Display)
    IC (Instrument Cluster)
    Gateway
    Battery Management
    Charge Port
    Drive Inverter(s)
    Audio DSP
    Parking Brake
    i-Boost
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I know for a fact you do not need WiFi. I also confirmed you do not need to "wait". If you are getting one, you'll get it at some point once you cross the geofence. I'll make a rough guess and say that it only seems to work about 20% of the time on a car though.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    (Finally) had success today causing an update from 2.28.19 to 2.34.100 which just completed installation.

    Made another long trip to the San Diego SvC this morning, specifically trying another combination from those documented earlier. Unlike previous trips slowly driving through the San Diego Svc or UTC Store (actually the whole UTC Mall and street between the east/west sections) geofenced areas that didn't previously trigger updates on two separate days, this morning I purposely pulled-in to a charging stall at the SvC, stomped on the brake placing my MS on Hold, then waited a full 5-minutes before pulling around the lot through the rest of the geofenced area and left. Tesla WiFi never connected while I was there, and remained on LTE. I had the update notification 30-40 mins later.?

    All that to say, it took me a lot longer to get an update than many others including almost identical MS built about the same time; I'm not on a naughty list; and there seems to remain a lot of mystery on the specifics that will and won't trigger updates in geofenced Tesla locations. Tesla still holds the keys to the kingdom despite so many enthusiast's attempts at understanding the mysteries. ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Went to the SC and SvC in WPB last night and charged for a little bit and got the update to 2.34.100 after about 20 minutes of charging; the car was connected to the Tesla WiFi. I installed it right away, because I was curious if it would fix the weird energy spikes to up to 900 (!) kWh consumptions I had (posted that earlier with screenshot), and it did!
    After I drove home (about 19 miles) you could definitely see where the update happened in the energy app on the touchscreen. First ten miles (old software) I still had weird spikes to up to 600 kWh consumption even though I almost hypermiled, the last 20 miles showed up as almost flatlined after the update.
    Everything is good again :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Any chance we could talk more about the firmware changes and experiences rather than all these posts about how you did/did not get the update from driving through the geofence and which one you visited? We have firmly established the geofencing exists and we have established (long ago) that different cars get eligible for updates at different times. At this point, posts like that are noise and make it harder to see the posts about changes we are seeing in the updates. Thanks in advance!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Good to know. I'll experiment this week with 34.100
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Disagree. There are a lot of reports where they "didn't" get any update (I'm still on .19, since mid-July, and have a 70D, the same model and options that others reported getting updated). I've tried three times driving to the SvC, rolling slowly through the parking lot and nothing. Down the block at the Sales and Delivery Center in Costa Mesa, I spend an hour at the Sunday Social last week, parked against the building. Nada.

    So I think that there is indeed merit in trying to decode this whole "geofencing" thing. I agree it's more than placebo, but it's certainly far less than 100% effective, even on repeated attempts.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Try stopping at, not rolling through,the SvC for 5 minutes and see if you get it.
    Sorry @Cyclone, I agree with you just wanted to help rx out.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    As Ingineer has said, you only need to be in the geofence a few seconds for it to "register". This is definitely how it works and there is nothing more to the geofence. You don't need to connect to WiFi. You don't need to park and wait X minutes. You don't need to drive around inside the geofence for X minutes.

    Triggering the geofence doesn't guarantee you an update though. As Ingineer has said, age certainly seems to be one restriction. There are likely several parameters, only one of which is triggering the geofence, that determine if an update is offered when the car checks in.

    All that's happening when you try triggering the geofence different ways and it eventually works, is one of the other variables finallly allows the update to be sent down. It's absolutely not because you triggered the geofence some special way.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    We could have a separate thread to talk about geofencing....

    I picked up 34.100 overnight, after a quick stop at a SC on my way elsewhere. So far I agree that AP feels more stable than 28.19. Does anyone else think that standard audio also picked up some changes? I haven't tried to analyze it but the sound seems a little fuller. Or it could be placebo effect.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Well, I just drove over the Costa Mesa SvC, parked in the lot near the employee entrance and:
    1. Waited 5 minutes in "Park"
    2. Rebooted using the brake plus long scroll wheel push
    3. Powered down from the center screen, twice

    Nothing happened then. But, as I was about to type this failed, what do I see on my app? "Software Update Available!!"

    So I think it's more than just driving through, at least it was in my case of multiple tries.

    Or, just coincidence and I was going to get it in the middle of a Sunday afternoon. Nah.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It takes maybe 20 minutes from when a firmware update starts downloading till when you get the notice in screen. Rebooting probably just interrupted the download and made it take longer.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The reason I suggested this to you and @BertL was because I tried it both ways 4 times; driving through and stopping for a few minutes. Stopping worked every time for me rolling through never did. Sometimes I didn't see the "software update available" message until about 45 minutes later at home.
    @wolfson292 - it could be a coincidence or it could be a combination of needing it, aging and being in the same coordinates for x amount of time. We now have at least a few examples of people who were due an update, tried multiple times by rolling through and failed but were successful by stopping for a few minutes. Maybe there's something to it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Sorry to keep talking about the geofencing. But for the first time today I took my moms 90d on 28.19 and mine on 32.100 today to the svc. Drove around the lot then left. We both got the 34.100 update about 30 min after leaving the svc.

    So yeah.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It's weird indeed.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I've said this now so many times I've lost count:

    1. When you enter the geofence your car knows this because of it's internal database of locations. It immediately sends an alert to the mothership AS SOON AS YOU ENTER.
    2. The mothership will then decide using it's secret formula to decide whether you are due for an update (I estimate only 20% of the time you are), and if so, it will begin packaging the update patch on it's side.
    3. Once the update patch is ready, it will be pushed to your car over cell or WiFi. If you are on WiFi, it will download faster, but it's typically only about 100 megs or less, so not really slow.
    4. Once downloaded, the patch will be extracted and it's contents verified. This takes a long time and uses up a lot of CPU power on the CID. DO NOT REBOOT! Rebooting only makes it start over from the beginning. If you reboot while the update is being prepared, you may actually miss the push and you will NOT get it!
    5. Once the update has been verified, only then do you get the notification (alarm clock). Tesla calls this "Staging" so you are now "staged" and can then "Deploy" the update at your leisure. Once staged, there is nothing more that needs connectivity.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    B. F. Skinner is still relevant:)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Having now driven on 2.32.100 for 2 days (not the latest 2.34.100), I noticed a number of changes from 2.28.19:

    - 3G reception is still sometimes broken, e.g., when my car switches from WiFi to 3G cellular I'm still forced to reboot the CID to get a signal back. 3G was working perfectly under 2.28.19.
    - A new bug is that when playing music (from USB memory stick), I was no longer able to use the steering wheel controls to skip tracks forward or back, and the time displayed for the track was frozen. Rebooting the CID fixed this. (It only happened once.)
    - Autopilot is improved in its ability to follow sharper curves. The car now tracks curved highway entrance ramps much better. And it no longer swerves much to the left or right when cresting a hill on a 2-lane road. Overall, however Autopilot appears to be more "nervous" and less smooth than before.

    I'll have to see if I can get 2.34.100 for improvements to the 3G and music issues.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I am on 2.32.23 (installed on 8/15/2016 on my car) and have noticed a few oddities with the Audio system.

    All are fixed if I do a roboot of the CID (both wheels down and break pedal press until Tesla Logo shows on CID).

    1) At times, the Audio system will very very quickly keep repeating the same note being played perhaps 5 to 7 times per second and keep repeating until I use the skip track toggle on the steering wheel. This is a "tell" to reboot and I can, after a reboot, go many many days without this occurring again.
    2) Like 1 above this has occurred twice when under near full acceleration, somehow this can cause the current track to do one above but not at all repeatable, and only when playing music from the USB stick.
    3) The LTE will not grab the next audio track from Slacker, spin a while, and say it could not get the next track. Usually in a one bar area.
    however the maps keep updating fine

    The BASS response has been getting better in the UHFS system over the last few firmware drops. YAY
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    1+2) Yes. Many of us refer to this as "stuttering" (search will find those many threads/posts). Not a new bug and has existed IIRC since somewhere around 6.2 before my time with MS. I've had the problem since delivery. It's acknowledged by Tesla as something to be resolved "in a future firmware release".
    Check other threads for loads of detail. Net is: Reducing memory usage seems to reduce frequency of the problem, and reboots clear it up for some period of time (dependent upon the former), but the problem will eventually come back for owners with any substantive number of tracks on their USB device and as Gracenotes art is cached. Try reducing the number of tunes on your USB Stick (I have 6K and can live with frequency of the problem) and clearing old Nav Places out one-by-one, then do a full CID reboot (both scroll wheels while your foot is on brake, and release all 3 only when you see the Tesla T.)?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    BertL:
    Yes STUTTERING is a PERFECT description of the symptom. Thank You.
    I have about 370+ FLACs and MP3's on my road tripping USB.
    I would suspect that TESLA has a memory leak in some of its codes. If that is what you are pointing to as a cause.
    I have recently removed some of the old destinations and odd voice command entered destinations from my NAV PLACES.
    Thanks for that reminder.

    Some day, perhaps they will eliminate the STUTTERING but it has not become very problematic or intolerable.
    Glad I am not alone.... (did I really type that? ;-)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I may be dreaming, but my perception is that MS has become a bit smarter not repeatedly presenting door handles and retracting them when the FOB passes by and the door is not opened in-between those cycles like it used to.

    Example: Working in my garage with the FOB in my pocket, every time I'd pass or come near my MS, the door handles would present then eventually retract -- over-and-over with me never opening a door. It could become annoying, especially when drying my car or tinkering in the garage, so I learned to just hang the FOB out of range.

    Today for some reason I kept the FOB in my pocket after pulling my MS into the garage after a wash. I was doing final drip touch-up a couple times around my MS, then put my detailing supplies away on the shelves next to my MS, but I recognized the handles only presented once and not repeatedly during all that time as they used to.?

    I just went to 2.34.100 yesterday. Maybe this is as simple as my FOB battery is getting a little older, or as I said, I am just dreaming -- but if Tesla has indeed put some additional logic in place for this sort of situation, I'd declare it a huge boon, and honestly a great example where Tesla could get some positive mileage out of publicizing something like that in Release Notes. I'm sure the 2-3 media blogs would grab the info sooner than later and push it further. Owners would see little changes like this as the sort of continual change many of us have come to expect from Tesla, and non-owners would continue to be WOWed by free OTA improvements keeping our Tesla just that much further ahead of the eventual competition. IMHO not everything needs to be an AP improvement, big 8.0 thing, or a (useless) Easter Egg to get some press, but real tweaks that improve the owner experience ARE news and something I and likely most other Owners would be thankful for as well.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, likely a combination of memory leaks AND not enforcing a maximum numbers of owner-controllable "things" that use memory -- i.e. poor design that needs to be tightened-up. E.g. There does not seem to be an upper end, or at least a reasonable number of old Nav Places that are retained -- at least one Owner stated he had hundreds that he had to manually delete one-by-one; and Tesla unlike every other mfgr I know does not specify max tracks, depth of file structure, etc on USB devices. I've had more than 16K tracks and MS accepted it, albeit my stuttering, CID slow-downs and lock-ups were more frequent. All of that takes memory somewhere, and if combined with any memory leak issues, well, it matches the symptoms of slow-down, erratic behavior, and why reboots at least temporarily help as well.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Substitute LTE with 3G and I've experienced both of these multiple times over multiple v7.1 firmware releases.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My apologies if this has been covered already... Nothing specifically to do with the geo fence issue, but a while back everyone was getting updates and I wasn't. Turned out, it was my 12V battery. On someones recommendation, I called Tesla, and had them check, and remotely they confirmed my car was blacklisted from updates due to a low 12V battery (no alerts in the car). Once I had that replaced, I got updates again without issue, so perhaps take the 5 minutes to call them and just ensure that is/isn't an issue for you.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Took a step back in release time today when I was given a P85D loaner while dropping off my S90D. First thing I did was check the release - 2.28.75. Only a few back road miles to the office, so I haven't done much yet but most significant were the lack of sensor signals and road noise (non release issue). Not a peep or beep, including pulling into my super tight parking spot. Usually my dash lights up and sounds like a circus with both nose and sides radiating warnings. Nothing, absolutely nothing. Amazing how reliant we become.....I damn near kissed the wall. Makes me concerned about using AP on the way home.

    Edit: might as well add that within 5 minutes of driving away the loaner, my app pinged that a new release was available for my car. Maybe I'll honk the horn and flash the lights to thank them. LOL
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Regarding the handles retracting, it has been the behavior for the last couple of years that if the FOB passes the car a few times and the doors aren't opened each time the handles auto-present, they stop presenting automatically. That is not new behavior in any recent releases.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    With apologies to @Cyclone for talking about geofencing, just want to add another data point.

    I tried twice earlier this month to activate an update from 2.28.19 by crossing geofences at Sunnyvale and Stanford, roughly 10 days apart. Those attempts did not work.

    After reading the recent posts from @BertL and @rxlawdude, I decided to drop by the Sunnyvale SC again on my way home tonight. Didn't linger; just pulled into the lot, turned around, and pulled back out.

    About 45 minutes later, I got the update notification on my phone. (Edit: 2.34.100.)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I've been trying every day now for 6 days, no luck. Been just crossing the geofence each time. Except today where I thought I would park at the Sunnyvale SC's HPWC and make a quick errand run at Best Buy next door, and came back and found myself boxed in by a tow truck unloading a damaged Model S :D

    I felt like this was karma for using their free electricity so I politely told the tow truck driver to take his time unloading the car, and I'll just wait in the car...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hmmmmm very interesting that there are 3 current firmware revisions being pushed out simultaneously. I was the first to report (enter) 2.32.65 and after 3 drive thru / super charger / say hi to the staff (all within the geo-fence but did not get either .100 pushed to my car). Meanwhile .65's are still popping up daily. Wonder if Tesla is trying out 3 variants of something right now before 8 hits gold first release.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I got 2.32.100 and did not drive anywhere near a service center, probably because of the close-on-one-click keyfob fix. I�ve noticed it takes much less effort to dismiss the alert to hold the wheel (mind you I am usually holding it when this appears, just not giving any resistance).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    "close-on-one-click keyfob fix"? Perhaps it's a MX specific thing? (This is a MS thread in the MS forum, hence perhaps part of my confusion and maybe why you got an OTA update other MS-owners have not?)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I got 2.32.100 but for MS. I also have no idea what the keyfob thingy is about.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I suspect it is probably more a case of quite large downloads arriving in fragments due to varying reception, but once a car has been targetted it goes on to complete that download. Another car in the meantime might be targetted later with a newer build and get it quite quickly if reception is good.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Didn't you do the drive to a SvC in an attempt to hopefully trigger a update, or did .32.100 come to you OTA without doing that as it appears was the case with @Gwgan's MX?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    2.32.100 is what I got from the geofence trigger last week. The newer one, 2.34.100, came out a couple of days later.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I drove to the Van Nuys SC and parked in the lot for 15 minutes to discuss P85DL upgrade to 100 (not available now) and increases to yearly maintenance costs (second year now $700). Sure enough 45 minutes later got the notification to update. Version 34.100 took only 30 minutes.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ok @Cyclone I'm with you...........

    We are going to be banned......both from this thread and the SvCs. :) Can you imagine thousands of us spinning around the SvC lots, smiling at the cameras, speaking with South African accents or whatever else it takes to get the latest release? And then bolting here to report our outcomes?

    We are boring the experts into silence. Lets please bring our technical wizards back here so we can learn from them, and move our geofencing efforts here: Firmware Updates - so whats your geofencing gig?

    Edit: or you can disagree and continue, which is fine. I am just hungry for deeper conversation about our firmware and giving this a shot.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Before reading this here I created a thread on this very topic a couple of days ago. There are a few posts -- you might check it out.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Model S in Canada just got 2.34.100 which is still the latest... that's some good news as we've been behind basically since Summon. Though I must admit I was really hoping for Release 8, at least I can hopefully enjoy the fixed dropping 3G and some new UHFS code.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Model S in Canada too.
    Finally got 2.34.100 this morning from 2.28.19! Hope that it correct the 3G connection drop occurring every 10-15 minutes!! Will make a test drive later on today.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Since you're getting off of I65 anyway, if you ever want to venture farther into town (perhaps for something other than chain fast-food) PM me and I can give you some pointers.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    "Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this!" "Well, don't do that." ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    At least you guys are getting updates. I have not had one since July when mine was at the Boston SC....

    Still "stuck" on 2.28.19....
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Funny: while, on one hand, I've certainly observed (and been minorly annoyed by) the present-retract-present-retract behavior, on
    the other hand just yesterday I was annoyed when it didn't present the handles when I was standing right at the door with the fob in my
    pocket. I had to -- God forbid, send the paramedics! -- reach out and touch the handle to make it extend. Afterwards I had to sit in the
    next-gen leather seat, listening to the UHFS and letting the A/C blow on me for a minute to recover ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm in a previous release .65 I believe and today I noticed the equalizer settings are much easier to set. Specially near the 0 snapping.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I updated to "100" last night too (I'm in Canada). Happy to announce I drove nearly 300km today and didn't lose 3G connection ONCE!! There is a God.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Wow! That's great news!! Thanks!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Pretty happy with 2.34.100 so far. It's only been 2 days, but I've noticed that the car hasn't been playing tracks continuously from my USB stick when I'm away. (The 'recents' list used to fill up with all the songs that it would play overnight, or while I was parked at work.)

    Also, the Dolby Surround sound improvement is noticeable. At first I couldn't hear any difference; it sounded exactly the same as before the update, but then realized I had turned Dolby off a while ago because music had sounded less muted with it off. Now, I can say the opposite is true: it sounds much better with Dolby on. The equalizer settings sound best to me at around +3 or +4.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just received 2.34.115 today. Geofence and auto-connection to service center wifi.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Dude, I agree with Cyclone. There are too many posts on Geofence working or not working. If all of the people that think Geofence posts are important, please start another thread on Geofencing. This thread is for changes in 7.1, not if you got the latest release or not.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Correct. If you read a few posts back, @NikeWings already started the separate geofencing thread:

    Firmware Updates - so whats your geofencing gig?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Folks, perhaps using the "Report" button asking Mods to move posts re geofencing will get the job done. If there are less here, including all the historical ones, IMHO there will be less added in the future.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Guess I should have lived on 2.34.100 a few more days before posting. When I checked this morning, it had been playing songs all night again. So that bug isn't fixed after all.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yup. Having recently gone from .19 to .34.100, the only real difference I've found is perhaps the Dolby and/or equalization. My jury is still out as to how significant or not that is to my ears -- a highly subjective area of discussion for sure. Have not found any sensor improvements beyond what I reported long ago on .19 up-thread, and have not had a chance to give AP a try on my "baseline" runs to see if anything changed (which I doubt). All-in-all thus far, it was fun trying to help myself (and maybe the community) what was going on with geofencing, but I understand why Tesla has not considered any of these interim dot releases important enough for mass distribution. ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    How about the range algorithm?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Or maybe they are just testing out various geos for the real stuff to come? ;)
    My ears aren't as well tuned as yours Bert, but I've been quite vocal with my tin can comments. After picking up my car today from its 3 day stay at the Tesla Service Resort including free meals and a 34.100 massage, I can no longer call Dolby a tin can. Not tooooo bad.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét