Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 10, 2016

Random Model S sightings part 20

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    What's with the Jetta in the service center?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Maybe employee getting something easy done?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm not sure if taking pics of Teslas at a Tesla Service Center counts as "random".


    :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Only if you got lost and found yourself there by accident...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    found this.... ouch.....


    [?IMG]
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Is it standard practice to remove plates after an accident or was that a brand new MS?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Oof.

    Doors sheared off or cut off/removed I wonder?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Even on the back of a flat bed with parts missing, the car still looks fantastic.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    And all the badging? Kinda weird.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Maybe it's an unfinished car used for crash-testing?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was thinking the same thing but there is full washer fluid...

    Also, anyone knows why the drivers seat would be wrapped up like that?

    Really strange. Maybe it was used for some sort of safety training for police/fire department and they were practicing extraction methods...but why have upgraded wheels and paint.

    If someone were to debadge the vehicle for looks, they would most likely be someone who would tint the windows and the rear window isn't tinted.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest

    Hah! That's why I keep the other fob in the safe!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was in Yosemite the week of 10 Feb. and saw this there that day, I believe. It is superficially just like my own (green, 19in wheels). I checked Plugshare and found three charge points in the valley, and zero gas stations.

    Yosemite2014.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Sighted a Black S on Rte. 17 South in the left lane just before Rte. 4 at about 7:50 to 8:00 AM this morning.
    A co worker in my office said that he sees one on Rte 17 North just north of Ridgewood at around 7 AM several times.
    Both are in Bergen County New Jersey.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It'll buff out.

    I call dibs on the rims!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Looks like a crash test car.
    No wiring hanging out anywhere.
    Is that green thing in the drivers seat a dummy ?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The front seat looks likes it's wrapped tightly on plastic with green tape. I don't think it's a crash test because the washer fluid, upgraded paint and upgraded wheels. Anymore pictures? My curiosity is getting the best of me!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I think the dummy got out after the crash. :rolleyes:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tesla on Bourbon Street

    Resampled952014-03-029512-07-5995128.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a truck carrying teslas going southbound i5 near the Harris ranch SC.
    and another truck full of teslas heading east on i44 in Oklahoma
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Untitled.jpg

    I just want to apologize to this person who was driving next to my wife yesterday. She drove 75-80mph with him for about 20 minutes (happened to be going to the same area), while taking about 10 pictures. She is really excited about receiving her Model S in about 4-5 weeks! I think this is 1 of 2 on the Cape, we are soon to be #3!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393898008.550272.jpg
    My very excited 8-year-old son standing between my Model S (on the left) and a random white one (on the right), this past Saturday evening, Halstead Square, Merrifield VA.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That's my favorite "random sighting" pic, your son is too adorable!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Dang, busy day for you!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The Oklahoma one was 2 days ago :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    RandomSightingLincolnTheater.jpg
    Spotted this car parked in front of the Lincoln Theater in DC. If I had known they had 'reserved' parking, I wouldn't have wasted $9 on a meter a mile away ;-)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    46th and 3rd NYC. In front of my drycleaner. Looked to be trying to enter a garage. I wonder if it has charging...

    yqytu7u6.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    well, that's not me. I'm up about 10 blocks. and it's dark out still when I'm getting into NYC at 6am. I also don't see anything on plugshare or chargepoint around 46th & 3rd so probably not charging there.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Didn't get a picture... but driving a rental Chrysler 200 (man, what a let down after a year of Model S!) a block or three from Disneyland two weeks ago we pulled up behind a Livery badged Model S at a red light! Now that's a nice limo.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw 3 model S's this morning in the Sacramento ca area!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Parked next to a silver MS last week at 233 Lancaster Avenue in Ardmore, PA in the morning. Had a PA vanity plate starting with ICAR.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I fly out of PHL so this is helpful. I can park my MS at this preflight location and leave it plugged in while I'm gone? Do they limit how long you can keep your car parked/charging? Is there an additional fee for the charging?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yep, you can plug in while you are away and have it charging the whole time for free if you park inside. I also had them handwash it last time and it came out well - $15 for outside only. There was minor confusion about which Tesla was mine that they had to call and confirm (haha!) but ended up with no problems, they even plugged it back in.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    2 spotted today!

    One brown in the garage under One Penn Plaza and one Black in the Roosevelt Hospital Garage in NYC

    yse6y3yh.jpg

    nyha3u6y.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a black MS on Merritt Pkwy N at 6:45p!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a lot today. Drove from Salt Lake City to Danville, CA. Saw a Gray going East on I80 just past Tahoe, and a brown on I680 going south. Also saw a truck full of new Model S' on their way Eastbound.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a blue S85 that's a twin of mine on Montrose Pkwy in Rockville, MD today at about 8:30am. However I was in a gray P85 loaner while my cars is in for service.

    We thumbs-upped each other.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was out driving up to Mt. Hamilton in the SF Bay Area and I saw a Model S (wite) car parked on the side of the road. There was no one in sight. It was still there when I came back several hours later! (i should really dig up the photo, don't think there were any plates on it either.)

    P.s. MY FIRST POST!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Skipped Milford on the way to Darien South but managed to spy a white MS charging there while driving past! Also spotted a dark (blue or black) MS heading north on I-95 after I passed Milford.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Black MS spotted heading northbound in NJ Turnpike at mile 79.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Welcome to the forums!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I did not manage to snap a picture this time, but I spotted a second Model S in Budapest yesterday. It was a brown S60 with a Hungarian license plate, parking right next to the office building i work at.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    MY wife spotted a grey MS north of Pittsburgh @ Camp Horne Rd. It so excited her that she miscounted the traffic lights and wound up going back on the highway (the way she'd just come) instead of to the grocery store and had to loop all the way back.
    Proud husband: 1-- because correctly spotted the car 2-- was excited to see it AND called me right away

    Pic below-- clip of dash cam video: grey tesla sighting camp horne 030814 - YouTube

    PIC grey tesla sighting-camp horne 030814.jpg

    video:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I wonder if that was the Grey one I met at Generoasta...Kenton was the guy's name, I think. Love how the LEDs play in the dashcam. Nice spotting by the wife! You should reward her with a Model X.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Awesome. Thanks @SamGarber!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Haha - From the picture it looks kinda scary.. It almost seems as if you cut all the cars off to stop the Tesla in order to take a picture, but when you watch the video there was a red light. Great illusion!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Two sighted @16W on NJ turnpike heading north to their new homes...

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394463176.103027.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    hah. 21s. in NJ. those won't last long. that owner better save up for some 19s around these parts...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I guess he was lucky to get one of the last ones sold in New Jersey before Christie shut it down. :(
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Damn Christie Kreme governor. Lol

    ian B
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A free enterprise conservative until CPAC and the Koch Brothers decide that they don't like a given enterprise.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Forgot to post about the Blue S85 I saw there a few weeks back. We gave the wave. I was in a Grey S60.
    20140211_083006.jpg


    I also spotted a Blue S at Wildwood Center on Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda this morning. The owner was getting something out of the trunk and we exchanged waves as I passed through the lot.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    In the desert by Borrego Springs, CA

    Where the wild things are ....
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    can you sic that dragon on gov christie please?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    image.jpg not so random. Had to share the joy. Picked mine up today.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Cool Blaze, didn't know you lived down under! :wink:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    This car really IS turning the world upside down!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    One blue S85 Eastbound on the Virginia airport access road yesterday at about 9am:
    IMG_20140312_084728_017.jpg

    And then another blue on Eastbound on Montrose Parkway in Rockville at about 9:30am.

    My S85 is blue also... there was a swarm of us around yesterday...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    tanyjugy.jpg

    Charging up at the King of Prussia mall yesterday. I was a little perturbed that some people didn't park correctly and also that two of the cars were not even plugged in. I needed a spot and had to park, move a charge cable out of the way and squeeze into a parking space to get a needed charge.

    Not sure, but the store might be partly responsible.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted this blue S60 near Munich, Germany in early March.

    IMG_1271.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm pretty sure at least two of those are the demo cars.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    White with 21 silver west bound on Parmer lane near 620 in Austin, Texas.

    Ian B
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    White MS spotted in Bristol Road in Trevose, PA just now. Flashed my lights :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    White MS parked in 1750 Tysons Blvd Garage near the Palm Restaurant and the Ritz in Tysons Corner VA today.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Black P85 parked outside my office in Ballston, VA yesterday.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted a nice Sig Red MS in Stamford, CT this morning. I was in my M5 and waved.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    a6yrypah.jpg

    PrerFlight Parking PHL. One black charging and another white just in an indoor parking spot.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just saw a brand new MC Red going down Sego Lily in Sandy, Utah. Didn't have the chance to get a photo. Looked like he was taking family out on a drive.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    At the service center yesterday having a coolant pump replaced. Tampa SC is now a store/SC, and has a nice enclosed area for new cars waiting for their forever homes. They said they are delivering about 10 a week there now, while I was there, someone was taking delivery of a beautiful brown with 19s (all the cars I could see awaiting delivery had 19s, about 8 cars I would guess)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, saw this white beauty parked next to a black Fisker Karma in downtown St Pete last night. The MS had the windows down, and it was parked there for quite a while. We thought that was a little odd. Sorry for the crappy pic, my non-tech savvy better half took it since I accidentally left my phone in my MS several blocks away. He's no photographer!
    image.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted this one in Palm Desrt.
    It was parked rather close to the guy in front. Didn't see any parking sensors... must be a good driver with inches to spare

    Tesla at El Paseo.JPG
    Tesla El Paseo 2.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Okay too lazy to start a new thread sorry. My daughter was asked to prom in a Model S in the local Tesla store on Sunday. ynuhu6uz.jpg

    She said "yes"
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    This is a longshot I saw a white model S in Landenberg Pennsylvania turning onto Broad Run Road from Saw Mill Road. yesterday morning trudging through the snow. Looks like it may be a new owner because I haven't seen this MS before. Hope you had a safe drive!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Congrats! On second thought, was it a random occurrence? Or is it a side effect of not being allowed to talk about prices in a Tesla store? :biggrin:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    She didn't know it was coming, was taken to the mall by her girlfriends while her date lay waiting with the sign.

    We *can* talk price in MA now.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I keep seeing my model s coming and going from my driveway while I recover from spine surgery. Not random, just really sucks not being allowed to drive, but at least the wife is enjoying it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Mike, I wish you a speedy recovery!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw this Tesla between Lawton, OK and Oklahoma City. I've been a Tesla fan for years, but this is the first time I've actually seen one in person. I was so excited when I saw it in my rear view mirror!
    Tesla Model S.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I drove that stretch every other weekend for a year and a half... Glad those days are in the past. Seeing Model S's would have made it more interesting.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No pics because I was driving and they were fleeting glimpses, but today at lunch I saw a white MS on Henderson in S Tampa, and then 5 minutes later a blue one on one of the east/west residential streets further south.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw (I think) the same white MS that I posted a photo of a couple weeks ago, again at Halstead Square. This time we were both looking for parking, passed each other and waved. Also, jcadman22, I've seen a black P85 around Ballston several times as well -- my office is there too.

    And while I'm posting to this thread, I saw three last weekend on my way from home to Tyson's Corner and back (~20 minutes total driving time): a grey one passed my house while I was unloading bicycles from the trunk, a black one that merged from 495S onto 123W (I waved), and I can't even remember the color of the third one, which I think I saw near my house in Falls Church. :) In general I've been seeing a lot more around the DC/NoVA area lately. Hello to all of you if you're reading this. :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Where I live in Calgary, Teslas are pretty rare and to be honest, I'm very bad at spotting Teslas. A couple of days I was driving down 26 Avenue S.W. (meaningless to most of you but in case the owner is reading) and saw a car coming towards me flashing its lights at me. I was just thinking "those headlights are cool - look just like..." and I realized it was a red (possibly signature) Tesla coming towards me I only just had time to wave and smile let alone take a picture. Given how few of these cars are around I'm guessing this could have been either 85Kwh or Grassy Knoel.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A beautiful red MS, tan interior, with 21" rims parked next to my blue MS yesterday at a Kaiser Anaheim. Belong to anyone on this board? Wonder if it's a co-worker or patient's. Didn't take a pic cuz it was at night at the end of my shift, and my camera phone sucks.

    Edit: The red MS looks really good parked next to my blue MS. Should add a white MS on July 4th and park together. =)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg My blue model S has two sister cars in my business park in Westlake Village. Enjoy the company. All blue.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I believe there are five or six Model S in the Victoria area, and we rarely see each other. Yesterday on Gorge Road near Washington I noticed a MC red just before it passed by. Not sure if the red was visiting, or lives here. I had just finished drying my car off from its wash when I noticed a bystander taking significant interest. We started chatting, and I ended up taking him for a ride. He bought TSLA at $28, but he's waiting for the pickup truck. When I said "hey, there's another one" I don't think he was quick enough to recognize the MC red's headlights before it was gone.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Looking at this black beauty right now as I dine al fresco at the Countryside Griilsmith 20140322_170942.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Lots of sightings in So. Cal. but had to share this one. 2 MS's driving between 2 gas stations IMG_0621.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Creative.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Parked on the first level of Trenton Train Station Parking Garage. Not charging though there are plentiful spots on the roof.

    jyde5eze.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Brand spanking new GORGEOUS blue Tesla arriving in Wexford area (still had the "Zero Emissions" plate on it) this weekend, as caught by my dashcam.

    Congratulations to the new owner and hope to see you running about the area-- urban beautification!

    JakeP-- note the SHINY reflection in my own car's hood... how CLEAN. Ooooo..... Ahh......


    15460008pic1.jpg



    15460008pic1-1.jpg


  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Newscutter, I can barely see from the glare off that shiny hood. First time it has seen sunshine in quite a few months, no?

    I am gonna bet this is my neighbor, who drove his new baby back to Wexford from Columbus over the weekend. Absolutely gorgeous, indeed! Here are a couple of decidedly less random shots of the same car, meeting mine for the first time:

    T Blue 1.JPG T Blue 2.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Today at Toronto airport. Two teslas and other EVs charging. Don't think we have anything like this at Calgary airport.
    image.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    7 on a car carrier in Louisiana

    Driving down I-10 in Louisiana towards New Orleans I came across this car carrier with 7 new MS cars on board in assorted colors. This picture was taken as they were crossing the Mississippi River bridge in Baton Rouge. They may have been going to New Orleans or further east even, on their way to Florida.

    Teslas over the Mississippi.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The one in front is random.
    El Paseo (2) c.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Aero wheels? Didn't know anyone ever actually got those.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I had a loaner last November with the aero wheels. Looks like matchbox car wheels.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I would've bought them if they'd been available when I ordered my car. It's not worth it to get a second set of wheels though (and my existing ones are scratched up so they would have low resale value).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted black MS parked in an outside lot on 46th and 8th in NYC
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just saw a white Model S outside Petco in Lee's Summit (Kansas City) yesterday. I'm dying to see a Model S up close and actually sit in one. I've seen a couple Model S in the wild but feel awkward about randomly getting up close and inspecting someone else's car so I've never gotten up close. I did visit the Tesla St. Louis store but that was a waste of my time; nothing to see or do there without a scheduled test drive.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Reach out to local forum members? That is how I got my first ride in a Tesla (Roadster). Most of us aren't that bad.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just schedule a test drive.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw three Model S on my way to work this morning: 1) brown on the inner loop of the Capital Beltway, 2) dolphin gray northbound on the Clara Barton Parkway around 8:30, and then 3) green in Arlington, VA. Good morning and thanks for the rainbow of colors! Looking forward to a few more on the way home :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I "smoked" a tesla yesterday. :biggrin: Saw a white model s turn at the light, i followed it. Next light turned red and he got in the other lane to be first and there was another lane open so i got in that one. Light turned green i stepped on it and accelerated away, he gave it a little but not much, i know he saw my car take off.


    It made me feel good lol even though he'd completely smoke me if he tried.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a red model S parked in front of the Apple Store in Ardmore, PA around 9am today. I slowed down hoping to see the driver but didn't see anyone. Maybe s/he was having a one-to-one session in the store.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a beautiful blue on in the parking lot of my kids school yesterday. I was driving in to pick them up when he was driving out. Dont think he saw me though (or at least he didnt respond to my goofy wave as i drove by).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw my first Tesla Model S ever in Sweden today! I am working on parking lots myself and I am responsible for keeping our public charging stations from bein ICEd. This gorgeous piece of beauty with swedish plates was charging in central Sundsvall. It was amazing for a Tesla-fan like myself to see it with my own eyes for the first time. Although something occured...I did notice how wide it is compared to other european cars. This might be an issue actually in Europe and I think the Model E has a big advantage here. Enjoy the pic! Tesla.png
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Sleek looking roof carrier. Made by Thule? That person is really carrying a lot of stuff if a roof carrier is needed for the Model S.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    1979654_10151729493302255_545050788_n.jpg

    Tesla outside the Islamic Center of Central Jersey as I was driving by :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No pic, but I saw a MC red with dark wheels (likely 21s), heading south on McMullen Booth road this morning around 10ish. It was just south of Sunset Point when I passed it heading north.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Probably my dad lol
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    myryvy6e.jpg

    Logan Airport on a Saturday night...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Nice... Wish Philly was more EV friendly so I don't have to take a shuttle to the off-airport PreFlight Parking.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a beautiful white model S tonight between Yakima and the tri-cities. It made my night. When I saw it I was on the phone with my father (hands free)talking about Gen 3.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Lol I would say that it's a scandinavian thing....roof carriers are extremely common here. Maybe he thought it was more convenient with a roof carrier for the skiis because of snow-mod and dirt.Sundsvall is mid-north of Sweden and people pass by when they continue to the mountain-range to the north-west.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted a white S85 with PA plates in the PHL airport PreFlight Parking garage.

    yzusa9az.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Black model S on Ben Franklin Parkway in Philly the other day with 0-PETROL plate. image.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    our sister car! ZROPTRO ... Although we might switch to Florida plates and then Maybe we will get something different. Our 1 year renewal came in the mail, and t costs 10 times as much to register the car in California than it does in Florida... $75 vs $750.... Wtf?

    also, the base cops are getting antsy at our new base about not having a front plate... It all started after I got lippy after being pulled over for a U turn at a stop sign. While I didn't know for sure at the time, she was wrong, and it was a legal turn. I asked her to show me where it said it was illegal, and she said "i don't know, but I've pulled people over for it before." As if that is what made it illegal. Sometimes, Base cops can be the worst. Their one job is to protect the base, but, like so many other primary jobs in the Air Force, that role is almost never needed, so in the mean time they make everyone else's life hell....
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Atleast the VLF part - a hefty $445 for me late last year - is tax deductible.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    While this year I'm unlikely to get any tax free (deployments have some advantages) and it might come in handy, last year I was already maxed out in what actually benefitted me to deduct.

    either way, a lot of factors have to add up to make paying $675 be worth it to gain $675 in deductions.... I'd have to be right at the edge of a tax bracket.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted a black P85 charging at PHL Airport PreFlight Parking.

    8utepare.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Snapped a quick shot at the Flagstaff Supercharger last weekend on my way to Phoenix
    10152847_10100811895691566_668437123_n.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    czd9zEj.jpg

    zLULiMH.jpg



    and a random Model S cruising through my park


    LvTA8qa.jpg
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét