Chủ Nhật, 30 tháng 10, 2016

Firmware 7.1 part 28

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    If this turns out to be widely distributed to the fleet I'm sure @Ingineer will post modules affected and we can all start looking for changes.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The app does not tell you how long it takes. You can only get that information by actually watching it install. The ability to be easily entertained, is a requirement.

    Software upgrade notifications are optional. See the settings inside the app.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    As an upgrade wonk, I've been quite interested to watch how the upgrades roll out and see if there's any type of pattern...thus far, this has definitely been a fools errand. As an S P90DL owner, it's notable that the last major update for this part of the fleet was a few weeks ago as 2.20.30/.45

    Does anyone have some sort of technical bromide to help me understand this? Fortunately, it doesn't appear that I'm missing much per the postings since 2.20.30 although the latency between upgrades has made me contemplate driving 45 minutes out of my way to the SvC to see if the "Software Push" hypothesis is legit.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    :) Haven't driven the car yet since the update finished so can't say. The previous one (2.24.30) enabled daytime running lights.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I manually started the update and noted the time after the 2-minute countdown finished. When the update completed I got a push notification on my phone, which has a timestamp.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I am old school so I wear an actual wrist watch which is an Omega Speedmaster Chronograph (old 1974 Moon Watch). When I start the update I start the chronographs timer function by hitting the .... Button. When the update ends, I stop the timer function and read off the hour and minutes and seconds.... I am not aware of a software function that auto-magically keeps track of the upgrade duration.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Summons isn't working on my MS 85. I press the central button on the fob (like I have done previously when it was working), lights flash, mirrors fold in, handles retract and then nothing. Recently updated to 2.24.30. Checked settings to make sure it was enabled (it was). Disables and then reenabled. Disabled continuous press and then reenabled it. Still not working. All the sensors appear to be clear.

    Any thoughts?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You covered the usual reason, which is that updates that affect summon usually reset continuous press so you need to (re-)disable that. I'd just call Tesla Service and be done with it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just checking, since you said that you disabled and then reeanbled continuous press. You are pressing and holding the button continuously, right? (I assume you are, but you never know sometimes).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, holding the button down continuously. Guess I'll call the Mothership.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yesterday before the latest update I noticed that the rear lights on the dash are now clear instead of red making it easy now to see when the brake lights go on. I have a red car and previously it was hard to see when they were activated. I don't know when the change was made as I just noticed it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just saw that although I couldn't tell you when it happened because it never was a problem for me and my midnight silver car. What firmware version did you get and when did you get it?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Version 2.24 .86 yesterday afternoon. I was going to demonstrate Summons to a friend today and I could not make it work after the update. After many attempts and reading the manual the problem was I had to redo Hold the button down continuously to Off.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I hear you. I had the exact same embarrassment when trying to demo for my brother recently. :(
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Keep in mind that the MS does not have falcon wing doors and consequently does not need that firmware upgrade.

    Visible MX changes about 6/25:
    1) Trunk does not hit garage door when it is opened in the garage.
    2) Drivers door opens when car is unlocked with key fob.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I don't understand. Who are you responding to and how do you know it only applies to MX?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tesla HQ said I needed to disable the continuous setting. I did and summons from the fob worked just fine. Guess I thought the continuous setting was appropriate since I wanted summons to work while I held the center button on the fob continuously.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just to be sure.. you hold the center button down until the lights start blinking and then you push the front or the rear of the FOB to select the summon direction.

    You keep mentioning holding the center continuously, which is just the first step.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The "continuous" setting basically means you must use the Tesla app for a smartphone and continuously press the direction on the app. The fob cannot be used for summon when this setting is on.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Got the same watch! Of course I spent $800 to have it cleaned and refreshed last year... Alas, it is not seeing much use since I got my Apple Watch...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yeah, I have a Pebble that sits on my wrist shouldering my Accutron (speaking of space program watches) aside. A bit sad, but so much more functional.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I just figured this one out myself when Summon stopped working. I guess they want to keep us on our toes.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It turns out that the Gyro was disabled on my car to "fix" the issue instead of actually fixing anything; however, the service center has reproduced reverse GPS issue on their loaners so the ticket will definitely get some attention from development.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    2.24.102 is out, car just finished installing it.

    To add to the noise, I did happen to stop at a Service Center today. However I didn't join any WiFi network. Let the wild speculations continue!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I have a SC down the street from my place. Do you think if I connect to their WiFi will I get the update pretty quick? I'm new to all of this since my S75 is 3 weeks old :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No I don't. I was just kidding. I'm giving a hard time to the people on this thread who imho are foolishly speculating that connecting to a SvC's WiFi somehow accelerates firmware upgrades. It's possible that Tesla set up an elaborate scheme to prioritize cars that acquire IP addresses from their own WiFi routers at SvC's, but I don't see why they would go to the extra effort to do something like that, they have plenty of other more pressing things to do. Occam's razor says when your car connects to any given WiFi or 3G or LTE, you're just connected to the Internet, and Tesla's servers are pushing firmware updates according to their own scheme, unknown to us, but likely doesn't have to do with your access point.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Awesome! Noted and thank you. Do you notice anything different with your update?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was hoping it might fix a problem with my DRL (the top segment doesn't light up on the driver side, see my thread on this here: DRL: Now you have it, now you don't...). However, it did not.

    The update notes are still the same ones from the last major update (7.1), so it appears this is primarily a silent update. Nothing immediately obvious, but I haven't driven the car since the update.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Boy, you are new to this! ;) Seriously, there's this weird mismatch between how in-your-face the updates themselves are and
    how little information you get afterwards telling you what was in them (often, absolutely no such information).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Got 2.24.102 about 7:45 PM when stopped at Seaside Service Center to charge a bit for second of all day Oakland trips tomorrow. Home too late to fully charge so stopped to give it a minor head start on miles. Want to reach full at home as I leave early AM.

    Notes say just minor fixes
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    OK, I'm still on 2.20.30 since May 26th! I've turned into an upgrade junkie and usually I don't even know what they add or fix.

    It reminds me of a quote from the movie adaptation of Burroughs "The Naked Lunch".

    "I am addicted to a drug that doesn't exist. Now I'm going through withdrawal and I am afraid of what the symptoms might be."

    I invoke the Telsa software ritual to cause an update tonight!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Does your car have AutoPilot?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My software update ritual is to reboot both the IC and the 17". Then I disconnect the wifi and reconnect. (It's never once worked) ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, and that software upgrade was a big one. Every now and then I get a great surprise and that keeps me hoping for more.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    LOL! That's kind of how I feel. I've tried that ritual 10 times now.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm not as concerned about updates anymore since my last update fixed my DRL's.

    SATISFIED.... for now
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hope your DRL doesn't burn out a week after they were finally enabled, like mine. :(
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Agreed! I hope they add new features soon Man!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I got two updates today. The second one, only AFTER I drove past the local SC.

    Speculate away....
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Anyone had problems with the FOBs after installing 2.24.86?
    Mine are acting up now. Suspected the tint at first, but no one with the same tint as me have fob problems.

    The auto-present of handles no longer work. Clicking the fobs randomly open the car. Passing the right side of the car make the handles auto-present. But not always.

    Very strange behaviour. Tech-support tried rebooting a security module or something. I've tried rebooting screens. And swap batteries in fobs. Same problem.

    Irritating. But at least there's no "key not detected" problems. As long as I get into the car I'm good :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    How about Tesla fixing a bunch more outstanding bugs before new features, please! ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Thank you! I was able to use your method and exactly replicate your results!:rolleyes:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You know, I was skeptical at first but there might just be something to this whole car-updates-firmware-at-service-center deal.

    My experience is as follows:

    1) Been on 2.20.30 since May 27th, so over a month and no updates or even update notifications since
    2) Dropped off my 2014 P85D at the Burlingame service center on Tuesday, June 28th morning for the Ludicrous upgrade
    3) Got an notification last night, Wednesday June 29th at 7:15pm that a software update is available

    I know they haven't touched the car yet because it's just been sitting on the lot next to the SC building, and I'm not sure whether it's on WiFi or not but it sure seems like software updates while at a service center is not a coincidence in my case!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I couild see this. Almost every Tesla that goes in to the Service Center ends up getting the latest Firmware. It takes time for the service tech to load it manually via laptop. Why not just have it automatically load on every Tesla that joins the Service Center's WiFi. Then the latest is already loaded and ready to go and one less thing the techs have to do.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, this is not good. There's a dedicated thread on this topic.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    How close did you park to the service center? ;)

    Maybe I'm not parking close enough or long enough at my SvC
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just got 2.24.102 and updated tracker. Only 9 people got this so far? Is everyone including the newer users updating Tesla Tracker?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yep, me too about 30 mins ago. Will update tracker at destination tonight. Any idea of its content?
    FWIW, I was not at a SvC but was at SC with a scheduled 55 min charge up. SvC about 1 mile away.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No idea but I'm hoping for a couple of bugs to be fixed.
    @Ingineer - do you know the modules that are being updated on 2.24.102?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Where is the tracker? Sorry, new. Lol
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Well, I tried parking my P85 at the Sunnyvale, CA service center today. Had a good connection to their WiFi. I was there for about 40 minutes. My current 2.22.50 shows no sign of wanting to be updated yet. So that's my second indication that visiting a showroom/service center and getting on WiFi doesn't cause an update to appear for me (after the one time that did).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Well based on my extensive testing, there is a 32-yard radius around Service Centers that defines the FIRMWARE UPDATE ACCELERATION FIELD EVENT HORIZON(TM). So I made sure to park at around 27 yards. Keep in mind that the radius is in 3 dimensions, so you can also be up to 32 yards directly overhead of the center of mass of a Service Center, and the effect will still occur. Also note that the longer you stay within the field, the more firmware waiting dilation will be experienced.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No problem. I think you select your username from a drop down and then select PIN. After than you enter in your firmware version and into about your car. Usually @HankLloydRight , @dirkhh are here to help if you have problems but I should be self explanatory.

    Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but on my refreshed MS, the update changes appear fully blank (like whitespace and everything) with just one little box talking about summon. Has this happened to anyone else? It's been like that for the past 3 updates. Next time, I'll grab a picture.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Can't answer here - I haven't gotten any of the last half dozen or so updates...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It's literally the weirdest thing ever... I don't know if something is wrong on my particular MS or if TSLA was just lazy and omitted the changelog for some of these smaller updates, but it's like it's not even applicable.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I am going to assume you mean the "What's New" popup (which you can bring up at any time by clicking the "T" at the top and then picking "Release Notes"). That has usually been woefully inadequate about what has really changed. It is the norm for the Tesla. Occasionally you see some decent notes, but most of the time, just some small blip reused on multiple small releases that leave you wondering "what changed?"
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    In the past (in my old MS), it's always shown the complete changelog. Every minor 7.1.x release simply showed the 7.1 changelog. That's no longer the case for me. It looks like a mistake, honestly.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    This is all I got the last 3 or so updates.
    image.jpeg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yeah, that's not right. Assuming you rebooted the 17" and it didn't self correct call your SvC and ask them to push the update again.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I've rebooted a couple times since I started getting this and the last two updates were installed at the service center.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It might be more GPS related than actual wifi, some say they just drive by. Tesla must push the updates to all vehicles at the service center and the easiest way to assume that is the case is by the location of the vehicle.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Mine is exactly like yours, except it has a tiny little blurb about summon.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    image.jpeg
    Then it's not exactly like his screenshot. Mine (v2.24.102) plus the last 3 or more updates had this.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My SvC got back to me with this...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It's almost impossible for a software package to get corruption. It's double-checked before the car will even attempt to install it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So it's possible there is some credence to the idea that being nearby a SvC triggers update fetches. I parked at the Best Buy next door to the Sunnyvale CA SvC for about 20 minutes to run an errand. Wasn't on wifi. When I got back to the car, nothing looked different, but shortly after I parked my car at work (again, no wifi, not plugged in), I got a push notification that a software update is available.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just received 2.24.102 in Toronto, Canada.. Never been near the SC since Delivery (2 weeks ago).. highly doubt that is the case.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The update I got was also 2.24.102....

    I wasn't saying you have to drive by a SVC to get the update, just that the update seems to be triggered faster by stopping by a SVC
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just got 2.24.102 as well. Just had the summons update message in the release notes.

    I've been nowhere near a service center or super charger in the last week. It triggered around 1 PM today and took about 30 minutes to complete.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was very skeptical about this SC/firmware update connection until today... But here's my story:

    Been on build 2.20.30 since updating May 27th, haven't been to SC since then.
    Stopped by SC in Van Nuys today to ask a question, parked right out front for 5-10 minutes. I don't think I was connected to their wifi as I've never set it up there/never been there before.

    I drove away and approximately 30-40 min later I had a software update notification! Coincidence? Maybe... But sure is interesting considering others have reported similar stories.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You guys are simply visiting SvCs while the ZDS-outed "Firmware Update Acceleration Field Event Horizon(TM)" force-field is activated, preventing you from being zapped with the latest/greatest. You are lucky you haven't been deemed trolls and fired upon.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I think I remember reading in the release notes that added WiFi (way back) that regardless of whether you have WiFi turned on or off it will always connect to the Service Center's WiFi and no setup is required of the user.

    I'll have to go see if I can find that.

    Mike
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I think you're right. In fact "Tesla Service Center" is listed in my wifi connection choices and I never set that up. Tesla did before I picked up my car.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm still on 2.20.30. No local service center near me to try, but I'll be in Houston in a couple of weeks. If I don't get updated before then I might try swinging by one of the service centers there and see what happens.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I stopped by the Coasta Mesa service center this evening on our way to dinner. Sat the for about 10 minutes.

    After ordering dinner, I got a notification about an update pending.

    I suspect geo fencing now to just help them trigger builds for vehicles that come in. That's 2 for 2 for me by going to the service center.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    OK, I was a bit skeptical of this SC/firmware update connection as well, but here's the same story as others have told:

    1. Been on 2.20.30 for over 5 weeks (received the update over my WiFi at home on 5/27/16, installed it on 5/28/2016). I have a massively powerful WiFi access point at home, and I get 5 lines (full signal strength) in the car when its in the garage. It's connected to it every night.
    2. Have not been to a service center from that date until now.
    3. Stopped by the Houston-North Fwy service center today to supercharge. (Supercharger, Gallery, and Service Center is all together).
    4. Checked the WiFi when I got into the supercharger stall. The only one listed was "Tesla Guest" and it was password-protected, so I didn't connect to it.
    5. Supercharged for 20 minutes.
    6. I was busy taking a walk, so I didn't get back to the car until 10 minutes after the supercharge finished, total 30 minutes in the supercharger stall.
    7. Checked WiFi when I got back in the car, it was connected to "Tesla Service", which had not appeared earlier. However, the signal strength was very low, I'm not sure it really had a good connection.
    8. I disconnected from the supercharger and drove out of the parking lot.
    9. Literally 60 seconds after I left the parking lot, the software update icon appeared on the IC. I had just completed the U-Turn under the North Freeway to head south.

    I make no claims that the WiFi has anything to do with it, nor do I have any evidence that geofencing is responsible. But if this is simply a coincidence and has nothing to do with the service center visit, then it's an extraordinary one. There have been 14 other firmware builds since 2.20.30, starting with 2.20.45 on 5/28, and I haven't received a single one.

    It's been 36 days since I installed 2.20.30, which is 51,840 minutes. I received this new update (installing now, so I don't know what build yet) on minute 51,841, after visiting a service center that I never go to or drive by.

    Believe what you will.


    Edit: Install completed, it's build 2.24.102.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yeah, this is looking more and more like this is a real thing. At first I thought it was total coincidence but now I'm becoming a believer.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You said it.... I was as skeptical as you but if it's totally coincidental then a lot of us are having incredible coincidences
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    actually I take my comment back.. I wasn't at a sc bUT I was at a supercharger 12 hours prior to my update notification.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I also suspect that being offered an update may also be based off what version you're currently on. Those folks that got the earlier 2.24 builds got a bunch more 2.24 builds.... but some of us on 2.20.30/50 were only offered a direct upgrade to 2.24.102.

    I suspect Tesla found some bugs in the initial 2.24 rollout and wanted to be sure early adopters get that patched.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The install-date tracker is a great resource, thanks.
    On your spreadsheet you add one to the day that a member installes a new version.

    If you also subtract one on that day in the previously installed version's row,
    the total would become the number currently installed, rather than the number
    that were ever installed.

    That would be cool new feature, I think, ... to show better when a version has
    actually become obsolete, and when it was phased out, thus indicating the
    version's lifetime.

    I think that it would be very easy to implement, with just one minor change in the code.

    You could even retain the current function with a checkbox, or pair of radio buttons,
    to show the "currently installed" or the "installation history".

    Of course, you could do a spreadsheet using only the last entry in each car's
    record, to show the versions currently installed, but that would not show the
    lifetime of the revision.

    Just a suggestion, trying to make your great resource even better.

    I sent you a PM with my phone number.
    Cheers, Gary
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Can you explain what you mean here? I see no such discrepancies.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Nothing wrong. The spreadsheet is created from the user-entered data of the dates the owner installed a new revision, and the revision number, right?

    The row total on the spreadsheet shows the total number of that revision that were installed, by reporting owners.

    With the suggested small change, the total of the row could show the number of cars that are currently using each version. The total would grow as the revisions are first installed, but begin to shrink as, weeks or days later, those revisions are replaced with a newer revision.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Another way to put it is that Gary is asking for a "running total" for each firmware version and thus, as one reports upgrading their car to a new version, the tracker decrements their entry from the total of the prior version.

    So rather than "total ever" for each version, it turns to "total as of today" for each version (as reported of course).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Right, the current total (#updates) would become the total-today (TT), and one could add another "total ever" (TE or, total-installed TI) column, summing up only the row numbers greater than zero, and that would still show the presently displayed total-ever value ... the best of both worlds, I think. The TT column would show the total-today value.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Add me to the list of coincidences. Drove to my nearest Service center (trade st San Diego) where I got 1 bar (dot) of wifi. Stayed 5 minutes without seeing anything. On the way home I got the notification. I'm installing now...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    What was the name of the wifi network were you connected to?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Happened to me today, too. Stopped at the San Rafael service center to have them install my FasTrak in the nose cone. As soon as I hit the road heading home I got the update notification.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    First, can you please not refer to it as a spreadsheet? Thinking it works like a spreadsheet is not the way to think about it. It doesn't "add one" or "subtract one" from anything. It's a database of records of firmware updates, and then database queries are used to aggregate and present the data in a tabular format. It's not a spreadsheet.

    I see what you're saying, I'll look into it. But you're really asking for just one additional thing, the total number of currently installed firmware builds. In your example above, you suggest replacing the existing "#updates" with "#currently-installed", and then adding back "#updates", but as a new column, and changing it's name to "total-installed". It's easier to just say "please add one column that shows the number of currently installed updates" without the confusing column or variable names. Thanks.

    BTW, it's not one minor change to the code. Since it's a database application, it doesn't work like that.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ok, like I said, it wasn't a minor code change, took me about an hour to create the intermediate steps required to compute the current number of installed builds. But it's also misleading/somewhat inaccurate. The current number of installed builds depends on all users keeping their firmware build records updated. The number displayed only reflects those users who have kept their records up to date. So the current number could actually be lower for the most recent builds, and higher for older builds simply because people have not updated their records to the most current version they are actually running.

    Something like this page on Teslalog.com which actively queries the firmware version in real time would be a much better way to measure this, but this page appears to be down right now: Tesla Logs - Global Version History and it's only polling cars/users who have signed up for that service (and requires MyTesla login credentials).

    edit: that page is up, just takes a while to load.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tesla service (not the guest). Shows up under wifi settings and will connect w/o a password. The guest network requires a password.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Anyone know what this release gives us? Just indicates bug fixes and minor improvements. What I really want is the nav to display the current speed limit like it does with autopilot. Heck - my fords do this!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yep, that's the one, thanks.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    But you and I use your method for update rituals! Surely you won't resort to heretical methods?

    ?
    "My software update ritual is to reboot both the IC and the 17". Then I disconnect the wifi and reconnect. (It's never once worked) ;)"
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Had I known this would work when the big update 7.0 came out I would have driven the 40 minutes to my ScC and just hung out. Most of us stayed up all night on this forum saying "where's mine" or "downloading now" trying all the magic tricks until we recognized the geographical pattern of the update. Calufornia (my state) was last.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Don't kick yourself. There's no indication that this was working back then. I too, based on what I've been reading, have become convinced that Tesla probably is using some sort of geofencing to update firmware when cars are close to the service centers, just to save the technicians' time. But it seems like a fairly new development.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I received notification for my first update on my 3 week old car yesterday just an hour after driving past a service center. In fact the service center was 1/2 block from the street on which I was driving. This may be a coincidence of course, but it sure feels like my "drive by" triggered a download.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So today I stopped by the Rocklin SC about 7PM and Supercharged. While I was there I checked what WiFi Access Points were available and there were none with the name Tesla Service. So then I walked around the perimeter of the building that was accessible to me and surveyed the area with my mobile phone and still no Tesla Service showed up. So it is either a hidden AP, has a very limited range or it was turned off by the time I arrived. The hours for today were until 6PM.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Doesn't seem to work with the Design Center -
    Oh, well ;/
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yep, WiFi at Rocklin in the SC parking spots is very poor for some reason. If I need internet connectivity (streaming audio) while charging there, I turn off WiFi altogether.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was unable to see tin the long list of wifi hotspots - I just saw the password protected guest network. However, at the bottom of the list is wifi settings. Selecting this, I saw my "known" home network, iPhone hotspot, as well as TeslaService. Looks like a preloaded "known" network. Note that this is the first time I had been at my local San Diego SC. I took delivery in Buena Park.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Does anyone have any specifics as to what this update brought?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not without release notes. I dislike installing any patch(es) blind. Release notes are a best practice. As an investor, it's somewhere between disturbing and disappointing that these are almost always ignored. As an owner, it's merely annoying.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I've seen some posts about it fixing DRL for refreshed MS's but we still need for @Ingineer to take a look at v2.24.102 and see which modules were updated.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Last night I installed 2.24.102 in my "classic" S. Release notes were a single sentence saying "This release contains minor fixes and improvements."

    I install every release. I don't try to second guess the manufacturer of the product, as I have no expertise or inside knowledge that will allow me to make an informed judgement on the desirability of any particular release. I have to place a certain degree of trust onto the manufacturer, whether it is a smartphone or a $90,000 car, that if a release creates a serious problem they will correct it because if they don't the bad publicity will be too damaging.

    And by "serious problem" I mean something that results in my being unable to use the product as intended, not a disagreement with the manufacturer about the font style used in the UI or the exact placement of information on a display.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    -1 for the Geofencing Hypothesis:

    It's been approximately 5 weeks since my last update. I was in Minneapolis Sunday and stopped by the Eden Prairie SvC. My car connected to the Tesla Service Wifi and we loitered for about 15 minutes. There still has been no prompt to install an update as of this morning. I was hopeful given the recent postings. Still on 2.20.30.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Transparency would be nice. Not to decide if you want to install it but to see what was fixed or added so we don't have to guess.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The problem is that Tesla bundles both critical fixes, and UI updates into the same monolithic push update. If they separated out these two categories, so people can choose to receive all critical or security updates, but not UI updates, that would work much better. If Microsoft can do it for Windows, I think Tesla can do it for their cars. Instead of monolithic firmware updates, issue individual patches. And if Tesla's code is too dependent that they can't separate out form from function, they did it wrong from the beginning.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Exactly. As owners, we are responsible at least presumptively for every aspect of the operation of the vehicle. It is not helpful to have to wonder what changed. The simple "minor bug fixes and enhancements" line so often seen with app updates at, for example, the Apple Store, is helpful for what it does *not* indicate.

    Another example: If an update's release notes do not say, "TACC braking is more aggressive", then the service center doesn't have to waste as much time considering that as a reason for why there's premature rotor wear.

    Transparency is not only good - it's a best practice. Blind installations are not good. Could be the most innocuous patch in the world. Doesn't matter. Opacity creates unnecessary FUD, and, type it with me now, FUD is Bad.

    Time for development, engineering, marketing, and legal to get on the same page. Owners and service will both benefit, just to name two groups.

    Yes, release notes take more work than one might expect. Yes, they're worth it. Kindly display them for review with an "OK" button at the bottom as part of the patch update workflow *before* executing the update.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You have no idea what you are asking for. Only IBM (that I know of) has ever done this. And that is for mainframe operating systems that must never fail. The expense is mind-boggling, even with only thousands of systems in the field. Every one ends up with unique software.

    Doing this would put Tesla out of business within a couple of years. And for what? A preference to give owners, none of whom are sufficiently knowledgeable or competent to act upon the information, more control. Great idea!

    Hooray for single fix and all it entails. Highly desirable when free and with no side-effects. Which is never.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So you are advocating for Tesla to make firmware fixes and updates about 20% more slowly than they do now? That's about what it would cost. Maybe more, given that legal would be involved (imagine the liability when you tell somebody something untrue, or they get frightened and don't install a critical update).

    Everybody always wants things for free. While Tesla's release notes could be better, good release notes would be very, very expensive, mostly in terms of delayed deployments.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I do know what I'm asking for (I actually develop software for a living). And Microsoft already does it for every Windows PC out there. How many hundreds of millions of PCs are out there? I can actually pick and choose exactly which updates are or are not applied to my machine. And for the most part, they all keep running just fine.

    But I'm not even asking for that level of detail. I want just two categories. Just send out critical systems, life-dependent updates out, and label them as such, so people can choose to just update those systems. Then send everything else non-critical out as an optional upgrade. Like I just said, if their code is too dependent to do even that, they did it way wrong.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét