Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 10, 2016

Random Model S sightings part 7

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Wealth is no indication of good taste. ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest

    Take, for example, Donald Trump, likely the tackiest human being on the face of the planet.

    I've not yet seen a single Model S in the wild here, although I know there are a few owners within miles.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    +1 artsci - This used to be my favorite thread, but I started to lose interest with all of the West Coast "sightings." Yesterday afternoon I was happy to spot the DC test drive car (Green w/mfr. tags) go down the street in DC. I was able to identify it immediately by the LED lights as it came out of the E Street tunnel.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I think kinddog's point was that wealthy crowds can usually afford the vehicle.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, and I was making a joke. I get that rich folk can buy expensive cars.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    true... but this area is also the "silicon valley of the east". so a bunch of rich techies abound, yet still no Model S sighting.

    i'm kind of hoping that holds up. will be cool if the first S i see is my own when taking delivery! :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a light metallic gray Model S driving down Hawthorne Blvd in Torrance and getting on 405 freeway around mid-afternoon. I was in my Karma and caught up to it to wave to the driver - who incidentally looked perplexed.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    yeah - i go back and forth on that. It would be pretty cool to see one in the wild out here (and i've heard reports of at least one around reston), but on the other hand, there's something to be said for being the "first".
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    White performance (I think) Model S outside the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu. 19" wheels.

    Sure was fun to see both a roadster Sport and S on the trip!

    Sighting was 2 hours ago approximately!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Talk about random...

    On the drive down from the factory yesterday, I saw my first Model S in the wild at the Harris Ranch SC. We pulled up only to find the only spot was being used by white Model S. As happy as I was to see my first one on the road, I was only thinking about the possible delay in getting juiced up. Not 5 seconds later, a gentleman walks by my window and gives me a thumbs up. I rolled down the window, and asked him if that was his car. It was, and he indicated he was leaving. I was peppering him with questions, even though it was raining pretty hard, and before my wife told me to let the poor guy get in his car, he said he was going to San Diego that night. "Ah, we're from San Diego too".

    Fast forward to today, and I met up with a Sig Model S holder, PSullivan, who lives less than a mile away from me. His neighbor walks over and says "Yeah, there's a white Model S parked down the street!". So the 3 of us drive over with our 2 cars, surround it, and snap some pictures of the patriotic Model S's. Pat knocks on the door of the house where the Model S is parked in front of, and who is it? The same folks I saw 300 miles away the night before! They live in bay area, and were visiting family down here.

    IMAG1076.jpg

    After chatting away for the better part of an hour, we go our ways, and not more than a minute later, I see the distinctive headlights of a Model S coming at me, but it's a silver car. WTF? It was the store manager of the local Tesla store, visiting his sister who lives in the neighborhood. With the holiday break, and the usual resting place for the demo car being the service center, which is packed to the gills with S's waiting to be delivered, he decided to take it home instead of leaving it in the mall parking lot.

    So, after not seeing any S's for months, I see 3 in my neighborhood literally within 5 minutes. Crazy!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    What a great story! Thanks for sharing.

    Living in Palo Alto is a real treat. I have seen at least one every single day (not including my own).

    People either have their jaw drop and stare for as long as possible. Give me a thumbs up. Or completely and totally ignore me.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Today I parked beside a Dolphin Grey non-Performance Model S (VIN 1551) at Target, Fremont (Pacific Commons), CA. GPS data is in the EXIF info.

    WP_20121224_027.jpg

    Last night, I spotted a white Model S inside the parking garage (Nordstrom wing) of Westfield Valley Fair, Santa Clara, CA. On the way home, I spotted what appeared to be a brown Model S at 880-N near Alvarado Niles Rd. No pics available for those two sightings.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The Leaf behind you looks lonely.

    How do you know when a Model S is not a performance? Badging?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The only way to really tell is to break down the VIN:

    From Doug's thread:
    Digit 8, Motor/Drive Unit & Battery Type: C = Base A/C Motor, Tier 2 Battery (31-40kWh)
    G = Base A/C Motor, Tier 4 Battery (51-60 kWh)
    N = Base A/C Motor, Tier 7 Battery (81-90 kWh)
    P = Performance A/C Motor, Tier 7 Battery (81-90 kWh)

    There are tells if a Model S is definitely a performance, as there are options that are only available with the Perf package (CF interior, different seats), but it's possible for someone to order a performance model without these options, and to downgrade to the 19" wheels.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I guessed it to be a non-Performance model based on the lack of piping in the Nappa leather seats.

    I also took a pic of the VIN number, and it had 'N' for digit 8. From mcornwell's post, that would be a non-Performance motor.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    [?IMG]
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    What a picture! Very nice, very nice.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw my first one today, a grey one with grey 21" wheels, outside of Walgreens in Irvine.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw this one today at the Gilroy superchargers (parked next to me). Long way from home...

    maryland_s2.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Cross country road trip?
    Great plate, by the way.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It wouldn't be the first cross country trip in a Model S. AFIK Sig #38, also a MD car - go Free Staters ;-), still holds that distinction. The whole journey was blogged here: XC in a Tesla Model S
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    We saw that one at Gilroy too - we were headed back from Monterey and just wanted to try out a supercharger (and it was well timed for a potty-stop). Unfortunately they were gone by the time we got back. Are they driving cross-country?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hey All, Yep, that's me on my cross country trip :).

    Hey Ddenboer and Strider,

    It was great seeing your cars! It was fantastic to pull in next to one Sig, and when we came back a few minutes later from In&Out you where gone and Striders car was there! Your cars look fantastic. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet for a minute.


    Peter

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A friend's chmas eve sighting
    DSC_1739.jpg 2012.12.24 4:30PM

    On the 5 (I-5) heading towards Sacramento... around Lodi.-- you have to get off on the 12....
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My friend e-mailed me from Salem (OR) and said he saw a truckload of S' heading up I 5 and they looked Siiiick!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Any idea when this was? Also, did he see a blue with 21"s?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Today (12/29) at about 1PM: Brand new Gray Model S, 19" wheels, (no plates, with Tesla license frame and "No Emissions" sign) on Crisp Avenue in Saratoga. If that's you and you were heading home, you live very near to me! Great to have another one in the neighborhood!

    /Mitch.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Currently visiting Florida I just meet a green model S at Largo. May post pictures when I got back to my computer.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just saw a red Sig at a Home Depot near Pittsburgh. It's the first Tesla I've seen - looks awesome "in person".

    IMG_0050-3.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Busy day seeing model s's in the wild. Saw a brand new green one at Parthenia and Tampa Ave in Northridge at 11 am, saw two new white and one new blue at Fashion Island at 1:30 pm, and a brand new black one on Main street in Huntington Beach at 3 pm. Good to see more S's on the road!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Is that the one near Sewickley? I just returned from the burgh for the Holidays. Not missing the weather, but my kids did enjoy the snow.

    My father saw a black Model S in downtown Sewickley about 2-3 weeks ago but hasn't seen one since.

    Cheers.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Well it certainly isn't my Green baby, which is apparently enjoying a layover in Newark, NJ! Note that unlike all the ICE cars, the snow doesn't melt off the hood!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It was near South Hills Village - Bethel Park / Upper St. Clair.

    The snow is great here - we're actually building an igloo in the back yard :smile:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Today I took my white Model S for a drive to San Jose and back to write the new auto insurance policy and update my other insurance coverages. After returning, I jumped in my 2002 RAV4-EV to drive it down to the dealer for some maintenance that I promised to the buyer. As I neared the dealership, I saw a white Model S on San Antonio Road, westbound. I think it had the grey performance wheels on it. Looked very sleek. :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw a white Model S on Steven's Creek waiting to turn left on to Lawrence (San Jose area). I've seen many in the bay area (3 non-dealer cars in one day is my record) but this one was a bit odd though since the driver was outside the car and had to jump back in when the light turned. I was worried that something may have been wrong at first, but the car seemed to drive away fine.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    First Canadian "in the wild" sighting for me : A nice silver Sig went by us driving north on 117 north, about an hour north of Montreal, just before Mont-Blanc. Curious to see its whr/km since the temp outside was -15C (5F)...

    Envoy� depuis mon Touchpad avec Tapatalk
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    As promise, here are the pictures from my Tesla encounter in Largo, FL

    Legoland 208.JPG Legoland 210.JPG Legoland 215.JPG Legoland 218.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I guess it's not really a "sighting", since I wasn't there, but a Sig was using the Chargepoint station at my office on Saturday, and posted a picture of it on Plugshare (horrible quality photo). Anyone from here charge up in Boca?

    cp.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Two sightings today that entertained me. This was the first day I've been back at work since I brought my Pearl White Model S home from the factory, and of course I had to drive her to work in Cupertino. On the way home I pulled up to a stop light in Saratoga � right next to another Model S! How likely is that? It was dark out, so I couldn't tell what color theirs was, other than a dark one. It looked like a family of four. The two up front were evidently oblivious but one of the kids in back noticed and waved.

    The second instance was a reverse sighting. I'd stopped for a quick grocery run in Scotts Valley and when I returned to the vehicle there were two guys admiring her and taking photographs. Quite entertaining.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw my first Model S in the Wild Today !!! South Texas sighting !

    She was a grey beauty driving in New Braunfels which is about 30 miles north of San Antonio. It was heading North towards Austin on 35 North. It was very exciting. I have only seen about 10 electric cars on the road so to see a Tesla Was very sweet indeed. I think Texas will grow to be their second largest market when generation 3 hits.




    GO TESLA !!!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Around here I see them basically every day.

    On the way into work:
    work1.jpg
    (Oregon plates...)

    At the office:
    office1.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ok best sighting in wild... My wife is questioning my sanity but... On jimmy Kimmel live. John krasinski has a blue models! 8ade2upy.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    ^^ is that some kind of blow-up doll? wtf?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Is that a celebrity that needs to be added?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It was a giant reindeer in his front yard
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Beautiful Silver Model S sighted Thursday evening at UCLA. It drew many admirers from the Bruin fans.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sighted a beautiful white Model S driving down Sunset Blvd near Beverly Hills and Bel Air.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Portland State University Electric Avenue- looked like plain white perf. Black interior and CF. So exciting to see one in the wild!
    null-1.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Nice!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The color is beautiful! Besides the Sig Red, what are the preferred colors? I am debating between the Blue Metallic/Tan Interior, Dolphin Grey / Grey Leather, Silver / Grey combinations.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a white one 1/4/2013 at Whole Foods in Cupertino with 21" wheels. He was taking his time adjusting the car into his spot. Didn't snap a photo.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    About 11am, 6 Jan. DFW area. Heading eastbound on Legacy between independence and Coit. Blue or Black - I was in mine. Flashed. Any listers?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I would certainly react if a striped shirted towhead drove by.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    its wonderfull to see a lot of model s. :love:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I have seen so more Model S's in three weeks! Maybe even more than the three plus years of Roadster driving, well maybe not that much.

    This morning in Lafayette, CA spotted one in front of a famous coffee chain. Thought it was black when driving by but it was a blue one.
    lafayette.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    This was a fun surprise for me today. I was in Palo Alto to get dim sum at Tai Pan. I pulled into the adjacent lot and spotted a lovely space on the end where I could snug up to the curb on one side and pull well in to keep the tail from hanging out. And what did I find in the spot opposite me? :) (Mine is the white one. The other is blue.)

    IMG_4175.jpg

    IMG_4177.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spanking new Black (maybe Blue?!) one coming down Brewster Ave in Redwood City; I could see the unmistakable cat eyes coming towards me from a mile away in the twilight!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw my first ever "in the wild" Model S today while in Las Vegas for CES. A beautiful white model near the Hard Rock on Harmon Ave. I was walking with a colleague and didn't want to gawk so only saw for a moment, but it was a sight.

    Also, I was wearing my brand new Tesla jacket that my wonderful wife got me for Christmas, so I thought that was kind of cool as well. ;-)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Remember, without a picture it doesn't exist. :smile: I'll be heading to CES on Wednesday. Maybe I'll see another S there too.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Should we add a thread for "random sightings of Model S from a Model S"? :)

    Drove from San Jose to Chilton Auto Body (don't ask...) in San Carlos this morning. Spotted three other Model S (including the one in the pic) along the way, and then a fourth at Chilton. Tesla is popular with us locals...

    Sk�rmavbild 2013-01-07 kl. 13.32.28.png
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm a little sad to hear of TWO Model S at Chilton...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    They said they've had about 30 Model S come by there by now...

    I didn't have huge damage either, just a scrape, but the car is just a bit too new for me to leave it unfixed. In a year's time maybe I would have left it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    For what?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    First words from my Doctor "I saw a Tesla" through a few questions I said it was a Model S Signature in Chester, NJ over the weekend. I discussed it with him as he knows I am a Tesla lover.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Various dings and run-ins I guess. Probably also helps that when I asked Tesla where to take it, this was the only name they gave me.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    ok, I have no idea where to post this, so it goes here...
    Wife was watching CSI NewYork, the main characters say, "what would you do if you won a million dollars", the other character replies "Buy a Tesla"
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That's funny, that looks like mine. Wait a minute, that is mine! Always nice to be noticed... :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    First in the wild in Quebec for me. Just saw a red Signature in Laval on BlvD St Martin... not enough time to grab my phone and take a picture.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hi Princeton96! How funny. I should have stopped by your car and said hello.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    After driving our Model S for more than 3 months, I have never seen another Model S (at least, not in the wild - I have seen them at scheduled events) until today. My wife and friends have seen a few, but not me.

    I made up for it this morning...I saw a black one at the airport when I dropped my son off, then I saw two more about 30 seconds apart from each other just before I got home. A sig Red passed me on 520 East headed in to Redmond as I exited at 40th, and a dolphin gray (I think; hard to be sure in the rain) on 40th near Microsoft. Yeah, sorry, no pics as I was driving. It was dark and gray and raining anyway.

    Oh, and in the small space between those last two sightings, I saw two Leafs. Man, things are different than they used to be. This is really encouraging.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Another text- my wife parked next to a black one this morning. Electric Ave at PSU. That's our little Leaf.

    null-2.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    #302 in Berkeley

    model_s_302_edit.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Wow. Harsh. And that was last years photo. :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Great picture. The Model S parked way to close to the curb:smile:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    At least you are lucky, you can drive one. I've seen 2 in the wild in the last two weeks, but still waiting for mine reserved in march 2009... wish to see less and drive more
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I think it had to, in order for the charger cable to reach. Harkens back to those charge port threads about why the location is not conducive to public charger infrastructure unless you can back into the space. And in this case with angled spaces you can't really back in without blocking traffic for a spell.

    There was also that pic of bluetinc stretching the cable over the roof of the car to reach the charge port because of EVSE next to parallel parked car.

    A_Y4XkACIAAEhR9.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yup, beat me to it. I hope every such picture lands in Elon's mailbox. The charge port location is a big mistake, and we're stuck with it forever now that Tesla is building the Superchargers to match.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Are there any people in that town?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That would be Albuquerque. And I'm here. So that's at least one.
    Seriously, though, that was early on a very cold Sunday morning in a mostly commercial part of downtown. So I wouldn't expect too many people to be out.

    Based on this picture, New Mexico should be the Land of Entanglement instead of Enchantment! :wink:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I met Peter (Bluetinc) at the Rockville, MD service center today. After just 3 weeks his green beauty has over 5,000 miles. I would have taken a pic, but they whisked his car inside the spotless service bay while we were chatting.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    @MikeK: Why do you consider it a big mistake? Are there more chargers associated with parallel parking spots than perpendicular spots? Around where I live, I see nothing but the latter. Additionally, I park on the left side of the garage and the plug is on the left wall. ;)

    Sent via Tapatalk HD
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Fair question! Before the Model S, I drove a RAV4-EV. Before that, I drove an EV-1. I've been driving EVs and using public chargers since 1999. A port in the front of the car works wonderfully, in my 13 years' experience:
    • In a perpendicular spot, the port is right next to the charger.
    • In an angled spot, same thing.
    • In a parallel spot, the chargers are typically positioned towards the front of the space, so this is also a very easy connection.
    • You can mount a charger to the back wall of your garage, similar to where it would go in a perpendicular parking spot. If you have two vehicles, you can mount it in the center and use one charger to service both cars, provided that they don't both have to charge at the same time.
    • If your charger is to be mounted on the left wall, just mount it near where the front of the car will be. Walk to the front, grab the connector, and plug it in. So long as there's enough room to walk around the front of the car, this is simple.
    • If your charger is to be mounted on the right wall, same thing. I did this for the last six years with my RAV4-EV -- just jumped out of the car, walked to the front, grabbed the paddle from the wall and plugged it in, then walked into the house.

    Meanwhile, if you put the port where Tesla's is:
    • In a perpendicular spot, you have to walk the whole length of the car dragging a dirty and invariably tangled cable, and hope that it reaches. Model S is a really long car, so it might not reach. Or, you back in, which is not something that most people do when they park.
    • In an angled spot, it's very difficult to back in, if not impossible. So you're left with dragging the cable all the way to the back.
    • If your charger goes on the right wall, you can mount it near where the back of the car will be. To plug in, walk around the back of the car, grab the cable, and then walk it back around to the tail light. This probably works well for some people, but it's a lot of extra steps in my garage anyway, since my entry door is on the back wall of the garage. Or, you back the car into the garage and put the charger closer to the back wall (or on it). That's my plan for my garage with Model S.
    • If your charger goes on the left wall, and you can put the charger near the back of the car, you win! Very easy.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, this applies in other situations too. In my new digs (Electronic Arts), apart from a few L2 charging stations, there are several parking spots inside parking structures where there are pairs of L1 110V outlets sitting on the front pillar between two spots.

    If I don't get the right spot (happily occupied usually by LEAFs with their nose cone charge ports), I'll have to do precisely this cable-over-the-car thing as I don't quite trust my skills at reversing safely into the left spot.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    If doing ports on the side, my intuition was that a LHD vehicle (RH roads) should have a charge port on the right and a RHD vehicle (LH roads) should have a charge port on the left.

    Front port seems even simpler and works for both LHD and RHD.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Good discussion, folks, but this is the Random Sightings thread. If you want to continue a discussion on charge port location, the thread is here: Model S Charge Port Location Poll
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was heading out to my car at the local Starbucks, and had to do a double-take:

    IMG_1390.JPG

    There were TWO Model S's in the parking lot. And they were 100% identical! This was my very first sighting of another Model S "in the wild", and it was just a few minutes from my house.

    We hung around for a few minutes and met the owner. It turns out I knew who he was, even though we'd never actually met. He works with a friend of mine, and is one of the three Roadster owners in Ottawa. He recently moved nearby so we'll probably see him more often.

    We compared notes and determined our cars are indeed identical except for the summer wheels. Mine are grey and his are silver. With the winter wheels installed the cars are exact duplicates.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    How about the keyless access ?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Uh, no issues there... the cars are encoded differently!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I've seen a few Roadsters over the years, but no Model S in the wild yet. :frown: I did see a "Tesla" vehicle on the road today, but it was a white van pulling a large box trailer both emblazoned with a very large Tesla logo. Ranger, I assume.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Most likely that was a "Mark" sighting - yes, your friendly neighbourhood Tesla Ranger.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My sister took this short video a few days back:

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Snake it under ....
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    While I have yet to see a Model S in the wild (I've heard of a couple of people on here that live near me, but no sightings yet), it may be time to retire this thread...Or, at the very least think about excluding California sightings. With all the Model S deliveries, it's becoming less and less of a rare thing to see one in the wild, at least in San Fran/Silicon Valley area and Los Angeles.

    But then again, it's still fun to read about and see the photos :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Finally saw my first Model S in the wild, not counting the one at the Supercharger in Harris Ranch.

    Parked in the food court/Staples shopping center on the corner of Loker Avenue here in Carlsbad. I think it was black, or perhaps blue (it was parked in the shade), without license plates. I was pulling out of the lot, and almost didn't see it, except a gawker was walking around the car, and looking in it's windows. He looked very interested in the car, and for a moment, I thought about honking to let him know there was another one 30' away from him, just to see what kind of reaction that would get.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My father called me today and asked what I was doing in Greenwich, CT. I replied I wasn't in Greenwich.

    He said my car was.

    I assured him it was in my garage and that it was another green Model S.

    Not sure if it qualifies as a sighting or a report of a sighting, but I got a good laugh. He was genuinely offended I hadn't called him to have lunch, and seemed much happier after finding out it wasn't me.

    He also said it made his BMW 5 series look like a "f*&king jalopy" which I got a good laugh out of.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I have seen one model S so far. There must be 5 of them in a 100 miles radius so, I consider myself lucky.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    People at work have been commenting that the Model S is not as special anymore because there are so many of them here. My parking lot has around 5 every day, and we are not even a main building... I believe there are over 25 here now.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That perhaps is the only disadvantage of living in your part of California:wink:

    Here in Maryland I've yet to spot one live and there can't be more than half a dozen in the entire state at this point.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm yet to see one in the wild other than my own. I am hoping to soon, however!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm beginning to think that I-95 in and near Philadelphia is a new Model S test track. Every time I've been on it recently I get blown past by a Model S.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Very funny...In related news, my wife now refers to her 2011 Range Rover HSE as the "Horse & Buggy" when compared to my Model S ;)

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a black signature parked at Stratton, VT with NY tags. Will try and snag a pic tomorrow.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Greetings to the folks in the beautiful brown Model S who said hello at the light on Hillsdale in San Mateo today, and also to whoever owns the very pretty green Performane model that was parked in Belmont at Davey Glen and El Camino. :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Driving to Palo Alto is a good way to see more cars. Here is Ron95030's shiny new silver, my very dirty red, and an unknown black sig perf we encountered (#469) in a parking lot near Il Fornaio:

    triplets.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    LAX charging area.

    20 to 30 Volts
    10 to 15 Leafs
    Exactly 3 Model S'
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Looks like mine, except I have the spoiler and a factory notch in the bottom chrome/metal.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Finally, my first Model S sighting "in the wild". A customer's car charging at the Tesla charger at Yorkdale Mall, Toronto around 2:30 PM Jan 13th. (Note: this is NOT Tesla's Toronto demo car which is Grey (and was out).

    12791D6B-0617-4CC8-9354-BF7F90E030DC.JPG

    Noticed both chargers have Roadster cables and only one has a Model S adapter on it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That's kinda cheating going to a Tesla charger to spot one. :tongue:

    I charged my Roadster there during the store opening. It was kinda hard to find - that's quite a, uh, complex shopping complex. It looked to me like there were some spots to add Model S HPWC's in the future.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yeah. Definitely not random.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It could be, but only if you were completely unaware that a Tesla store was in the vicinity and were lost in the parking garage walking around clicking your clicker trying to find your car and then stumbled upon a Model S randomly. (How's that for a run on sentence?)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I don't think there is anyone on this forum who would be completely unaware that a Tesla store was in the vicinity. :) But nice try.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    LOL. Definitely does not pass the "random" standard. I AM a little jealous that mknox gets to hang at the Store so often. Back in the day when we didn't even dream of ever buying our own airplane, the kids that hung out at the airport were called "ramp rats." Maybe we need a name for folks that hang out at the stores and service centers?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    How about "amp rats"? It has zing and nods to its aviation origins. :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    anyone else catch the Black Model S on the show "House of Lies" ?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yeah, but I'm feeling kinda left out on this thread! Actually, though I go to Yorkdale fairly frequently and this is the first time I've ever seen anything other than the Grey demo car there, and besides, what about all those Teslas at Supercharger posts :biggrin:

    - - - Updated - - -

    Uhhh... no, not that random :smile: Since I know where the Tesla spot is, I usually park nearby just to get a glimpse of the Grey car.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I love that for a vanity plate! Perfect for a worn out old aviator.

    LOL. As we say in Indiana: "The boy's ate up!"
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just saw this beauty in NW Portland.

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358274401.619563.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I just saw a Signature Red Model S heading towards I-95 South after leaving the Turnpike extension near Dolphin Stadium.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét