Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 10, 2016

Random Model S sightings part 25

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Sometimes I eat coleslaw. With BBQ.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Red MS on 206 in Lawrenceville NJ just now.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Love LOL Rick's & Btrflyl8e's story :)

    Saw a red MS in Timonium MD yesterday and looked to see if it was artsci, but no, I barely got an oblique view of a young blonde mom (8? yo in back), who either has enviably high cheekbones or was wearing her Tesla grin. Weird thing was the license plate was a temp tag that said "Washington Ford" ... ?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a white MS off I-5 exit 88 south of Tacoma yesterday while stopping for DQ, and a grey MS on the Seattle waterfront today, with plate SANSGAS.

    dygaguhy.jpg

    This brings the tally to nine since SFO.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Another one last week yda5ezu7.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A sad random Tesla accident spotting. Near the Hamilton SC. Everyone is ok. An old beater rear ended this Black S85. The beater driver has insurance. Let's hope it's enough.

    9u8uhyra.jpg
    3ese3any.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yea too funny! I was jut trying out the horn...wasn't yet where I could have seen you lol. But I definitely remembered parking in the electric charge spot across from Cassis :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    image.jpg
    While on holiday (sadly not driving my Tesla for various reasons including lack of superchargers) saw this Tesla going south from Vancouver on highway 17 towards Tsawwassen. Also saw a white one but didn't get a picture.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    20140808_151156.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    2nd Tesla I saw since arriving in Atlanta 5 days ago. This one was parked outside the Marriott Marquis.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That was my first thought too. Then I thought the shopping carts are drooling too.

    Thankfully we really don't have a shopping cart problem in our area. Most are respectful enough to put them in their corals.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I did see this advertised a week or so ago. You saw correctly a Fix Or Repair Daily dealer tag.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a black, wait, blue maybe, no it had to green. You know what, I don't know what color it was after all. All I know is it was dark. This was yesterday on Clearwater Beach. I was temporarily stunned by the Massachusetts plates I forgot how to flash the headlights. But I did wave and they saw me. Awesome that an EV can travel that kind of distance. Sorry you have to have that beautiful car partially ruined with a front license plate.

    Quick question- If a car from a state required by law to have a front license plate is in a state not requiring it, does the front plate have to be on?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    If a cop in a state that didn't require front plates saw a car with no front plate, how would they know what state they were from? They could only know if they saw the plate on the rear, and they can't see the front AND the back... jk, I assume the answer is you have to follow the law of the state you are in. Cops can't know every states' laws.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    On that note, how have I not been pulled over yet? I don't have a front plate yet, and I literally passed by about a dozen+ cops while driving around at 2am 2 nights ago, and all day yesterday I passed by a half dozen more. o_o
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I refuse to install the front plate.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That contraption on the back looks way worse than a front plate.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It's actually the opposite; you're required to obey your home state's laws regarding things like registration and license plates. Otherwise, everyone from states like MI that don't require a front plate would be totally screwed when driving in a state that does require two plates.

    That said, the risk of enforcement is probably pretty low, for the very reason you suggest (ie, do cops really know all 50 states' laws on this?).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Mass Pike EB Newton, MA about 7pm tonight

    tesla bike rack.jpg

    Didn't make eye contact with the driver, zipped by him on my way to the airport for the 3rd time in 2 days...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I think I might have seen the same Model S twice this weekend, if I remembered the plate # correctly - once mid-day Sat driving through Sunapee, NH on rt 11 while I was heading to the dump, and again around 9pm tonight on I93 south, heading through the Hooksett tolls and onto the Everett Turnpike though Manchester.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just came back to Edinburgh from a tour of the Highlands...saw A beautiful Sig Red Model S parked on Queen St...couldn't get a pic as we were in a cab and a lorry drove up beside us and blocked the view...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    d7fb902d4872814275175029a34ab3d4.jpg

    White s85 parked at the Wildwood shopping center on Old Georgetown road in Bethesda last Thursday. During my visit there a car pulled up and waved me down. Turns out the driver and passenger were a pair of teenagers who I saw and talked to in the Montgomery Mall showroom a couple of weeks back. They were excited to see me "in the wild" and get another tour of a car outside of the store.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hehe... I work 5 minutes from there...and my blue S85 comes along for the ride...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Red one spotted at 6:38pm on NB Shelby Rd. stopped at the 25 Mile intersection. I was heading EB and they had to see me. This was wild Model S sighting #10 and I'm noticing a sharp increase, the last four were within a month.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a second Model S in Edinburgh today...a brown one rounding the corner of Spittal and Lothian...that's two in two days!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    AFAIK, I am the only MS owner in Flagler Co. so sightings of other MS's within the county are rare and are probably from elsewhere driving through or visiting. I saw a couple of black ones a couple of weeks apart a few months ago and had my 3rd local sighting in over a year this morning. While driving north on A1A, I saw a red one southbound. I flashed my lights and we exchanged waves.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a white Model S this evening - we passed each other a little south of Lexington town center as we (Mr. Zombi and I) were driving driving toward the town. Standard Massachusetts plate in the front. I waved but as with all sightings where you're driving past each other at 40 mph, it's too quick to really acknowledge each other let alone snap pics. This is the very first Model S I have ever spotted while in a Model S! Maybe I should make a commemorative plaque?

    On an unrelated note, I also saw a maroon Fisker Karma on the highway today!

    And a gorgeous white Lambo driven by two blonde women on a curvy forest road flashed its lights and waved to us as we drove by. We were quite chuffed at that, lol.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw this P85 near a local fast food place about a week ago. A couple of college students were driving it and one of them said it was his dad's car. It had Cyclone wheels but I didn't have a chance to catch a good side-shot of the car.

    20140806_130004.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just spotted a grey Tesla Model S in Ketchikan, AK, where there are 32 miles of road on the island!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    5:30 am 10 August a pair of random Wyoming MSs at Cranberry, PA SC. The one with the trailer is mine.

    Cranberry-2randomWY.MSes.jpg
    --
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Nice Sig in Woodland Hills


    0vJuxfS.png


    MO1V8aS.png


    wQKnD61.png
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Sorry, no pic, it was dark and I was driving. About 8:30 PM on August 15 I think I saw the headlights and and then the taillights of an MS heading south on Route 1A leaving Hampden Maine and entering Winterport. The driver would've seen the embers end of a house fy*e (actually the remnants of an old dismantled barn) to their left moments before their lights caught my eye. Very rare birds in these parts.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Red s85 with red DC plates! On Lee Highway in Arlington VA.
    419a83a2ead9a5c3df38e5f77287fe8a.jpg

    Also caught a Grey s85 in Ballston last night at 5:00 and a white leaving the city on MacArthur Blvd Thursday night around 6pm.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm fortunate enough to find this guy regularly on the 202 in Chandler, AZ as I travel to work. Helps me remember what I'm working toward... as if I was going to forget!
    IMG_3002.PNG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Woohoo! My phone was off so no pic, but I actually spotted a black MS in a public lot near Seymour and Robson in Vancouver. I was in a cab headed to my hotel, taking an Alaskan cruise tomorrow. I was so surprised to see a Tesla!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Friday 15th, from a black cab in London SW7. Silver RHD S85 on 19s in the traffic. Too quick to get to my phone for a photo.
    Third RHD car I've seen since the UK launch!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just disembarked from an Alaskan cruise, what a fabulous trip. Keep your eyes open for a Grey Tesla if you happen to stop in Ketchikan!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It took 10 days in Ontario before I spotted my first Canadian Model S (a black one on King Street in Kitchener).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw this one downtown Houston underground parking tonight. It had zero emissions plates, and a family got in it. Guessing they had just purchased it maybe...
    Tesla1.jpg tesla2.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ok these aren't technically random... found them at the Galleria parking area.:biggrin:
    tesla3.jpg tesla5.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw my second Tesla ever this past Thursday. It was sometime around 22.50 local time, somewhere between Helsingborg and Landskrona in the southbound direction on the E6/E20 highway that I passed a white, or possibly a pearl white Model S with Norwegian plates.

    After I had passed, I signaled a �Thank you� with the turn signals on the old silver POS car I was driving. I probably got the �Thank you�-signals wrong though. Instead of a left-right I probably did a right-left-right� Oh, well.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw this light blue Tesla Model S on �land just south of the bridge a couple of weeks ago. Does not look like a standard color for Model S.
    Ljusbla_Tesla.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    HkzuOsu.png

    OanPUag.png
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Last Saturday evening, Ohio Turnpike heading towards Pittsburgh, PA plate "WATT UP".

    Exchanged waves and thumbs up. Gorgeous green.

    p.txt-1.jpg

    Bonus video!

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Was pretty shocked to see another Tesla at the parents' preview for North Allegheny HS Marching Band tonight. The green ones are becoming downright commonplace though, right JakeP? Not like the more rare "classic" greys.:tongue:

    I came right before it started and zipped out back to work right after so whoever this is never saw my car parked across the road. Would love to meet 'em over coffee sometime though. Drop us a note!

    IMG_4986.JPG


    IMG_4903.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My second ever sighting, this time a bit closer to home: it was on Northbound Union Blvd in front of the Galileo School in Colorado Springs. I was going the other direction, so I only caught a brief glimpse; it was either black or green.

    I wonder how many Teslas there are in Colorado Springs.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I meant to post this yesterday morning: Saw a Model S on the side of the road on I-270 North in MD on Friday morning (8/22/14) about 9:15am.

    I was in the left lane and had no chance to cross 3 lanes of traffic to stop in time to be anywhere close enough to render assistance, but I sure tried to look for an opportunity to do so.. it would simply have been unsafe.

    I hope everything was OK...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I know of at least one. I spent three days there last May (a year and a half ago), and low and behold there was one whose owner worked at the building right next to the hotel I was staying in. It was an awesome chance to show my family the car I was about to get (I was about 3 weeks from delivery).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Screenshot_2014-08-24-15-37-42.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-24-15-36-21.png

    Saw this guy on I-85 NB in NC near Durham.
    Beeped and waved as I passed on my way to grab some juice in South Hill.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Was just now (dash cam time is UTC I think)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Dang that green looks gorgeous. Maybe when the kids get back to school, we will find out whose parents got a new Tesla. Good thing I have TST rims to set me apart, at this rate I could get list in the crowd of green Teslas in the 'Burgh!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted a black p85+ from CT on 55th and 6th in NYC.

    2df8717dc102b941e65c9a24f2fbcd2a.jpg
    6d83904157638e532f60ccac80128f82.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    @Virtua in Voorhees.

    e8uquben.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was there on the 22-24 visiting from Fort Collins, but I'm sig red
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    that was our first stop, the only noteworthy car I spotted there was an R8. It was gray, though! I think we took the same cruise a week apart.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Coming to the end of our second week in Chicago, I spotted my 8th MS since arrival here. Was not close or angled enough to warrant a thumbs up or wave but as it disappeared into the distance, I felt a twinge of remorse- it had Florida license plates and here I was using my ICE minivan. Well, as they say - no guts no glory. :redface:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Wife took her car to work (Miami), parked in the owner chosen designated Tesla area (back rows). Used the no door ding parking plan. Tesla parking area starting to fill up. Hope to see some X's in the near future.
    image.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Your missing some Roadsters in that lot.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    And chargers!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Found!

    Ha! Too funny, but my family and I were at Rita's having dessert when a grey Tesla pulled into the lot next to our car...turns out it was the original poster of this pic of our car! :smile: We had dessert together and swapped Tesla and band stories. Nice to meet you guys!

    Forgot to ask, what does your son play in band? See you in the trenches!

    Later!
    Dawn


  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Nabbed, indeed!

    Alto Saxophone-- tends to be near the 40 yard line a lot.
    Great to meet you as well! Honored to have prompted your first post.
    You have some catching up to do! :wink:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hey Dawn, if you had a woman in a white Honda Pilot stop next to you in Ingomar in traffic and attempt to chat, that was my wife stopping to ask me where I was going. But of course you were not me, though your car looks identical to mine!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    third.jpg

    Saw my third Tesla ever today; This grey P85 Model S en route to, and then parked outside a shopping center in southern Sweden this afternoon. It was perfectly driven and parked by a woman.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    ... and it was (I presume) perfectly photographed by a man. Well, an OK photo anyway. So what?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    There have been posts previously on TMC about women not being as able as men when it comes to buying cars, driving cars and parking cars.

    The thought behind adding that part: To not let someone erroneously jump to the conclusion that it was driven by a man, even though that statistically may be more likely at this point.

    Re: My photography skills: I just grabbed my Iphone and pressed the button. I don�t really know photography basics. I did frame it so to not include any familiar surroundings though. Just in case.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Today, I saw a white one, followed by a red one.
    I saw that white one before, it had the solid white, tan nappa leather, panoramic sunroof, tech package, sound studio, 85 kwh, and obeche wood gloss.

    - - - Updated - - -

    This was a year ago, but I just made my account today.
    1904162_656303187783452_7811474616978769810_n.jpg
    This is a Blue Metallic Model S with 21-inch Silver wheels and a tan interior.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was at the epicenter of the Tesla world today - junction of Page Mill Road and El Camino in Palo Alto
    There were 5 Model S at the lights waiting for their turn!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    ?Beautiful.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Could've been mine. :crying:I want one!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I didn't get a good look, but I believe I saw a dolphin grey at 5:28pm on SB M-53 taking the 23 Mile exit. The DRL was off and the parking light opposite the blinker was on. Tried reproducing for a confidence boost after pulling into my dark garage and couldn't, I think I just need to try in the light.

    Edit: Tried with light and still couldn't get parking lights to stay on without DRL. This is looking like it may be a false sighting. :(
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Can't confirm it myself, but someone told me that one person owns both cars.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    IMG_20140905_165338.jpg
    I've just moved to Chicago, and saw this in the suburbs today ( I was driving a rental - my daily is a Leaf ).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted another Gray at the Trenton Train Station garage on level 2. I wonder why not sucking down free juice on the roof like me?

    61c72ea0458cea41cc4053ccab91fa63.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    MC Red was behind me as I turned into St. Pete WalMart around 9:00 tonight. Might have been Steve or Darren, but it kept going on 1st Ave and I didn't get a good look.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Wasn't me. No silver sightings for me in awhile. :biggrin:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    tW7KMtV.png

    JtLMBdw.png

    nA5h2F4.png
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Parked on Harvard St. in Brookline MA yesterday afternoon. When I came back to my car a near-twin (except P and had gray interior) was parked in front of me.
    esaje8e2.jpg

    As I got ready to pull out a passing truck driver asked "so is it fast?" I replied "yes but not as fast as his, that's the performance model". Suddenly a blonde appeared on the sidewalk and said "that's 'hers' - it's mine". Apologies for the wrong assumption.

    As he started to drive off, the truck driver said "I guess they only come in one color?"
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Other than FLDarren's shiny red MS (not random, he stopped by to show me his lighted T on the back), I hadn't seen another one in weeks until yesterday. On my way to lunch with a coworker, we passed a black MS. It was heading south on MacDill in S Tampa as we were heading north. The driver gave a big wave as I waved back. I was hoping I'd finally appear as someone's random sighting :crying:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    PHL Airport Garage C - floor 1
    5800046767f597b1f9b2c88f33d23b44.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    image.jpg Anyone "expecting"?!
    your "baby" came thru Salt Lake City at 2:59 today :biggrin:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    @MikeL, My S85 finished production 10 September, due in Boston area by the 19th, so perhaps it could be in the earlier stages of its trip out east! :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    might be on there! That is so great. "Mrs. MikeL" actually sent me the pic. She knows what matters :wink:.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Looks like Mrs. MikeL is driving a Nissan Leaf?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    was at south coast plaza yesterday. was exiting the bloomingdales parking lot and was on the phone, but a red MS. my fiancee told me that the driver waived but i missed you. "hi!!!" :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Has anyone ever thought about starting a thread titled "Random Model S Sightings by Family, Friends and Others"? I keep getting second hand sighting from people I know. I have eyes and ears everywhere. :biggrin:

    Black 85 with tan interior on West Bay and Indian Rocks Road.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not me...was at erasure concert
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Sidetrack: How was the show? Going to see them 12/30 in NYC. I used to be a huge fan in the 80s and 90s.. I flew to UK twice for fan-club only shows they did. Not so much recently, though.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Today I spotted a custom-painted sky blue MS in Los Altos. Sadly I was driving in the opposite direction down Almond St. so I didn't get a great look at the car, but from my quick glance it looked like a stunning paint job and not a wrap. The car also had a personalized license plate but again I only had a passing glance.

    Is that anyone on this board? If so, number one, your car is gorgeous! And number two, can you please post some pics?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    image.jpg
    Too dark to see much more than the license plate "4GETGAS".........sighted near Durham NC on I-40 about 8pm tonight.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Were we at a 3 way stop sign intersection? If so then, yup, that was me. She was going the opposite direction and slowed way down and waved, so I just waved back and kept going. LOL

    Seems to happen a lot. I was at the Starbucks at 910 and 79 in Wexford and some guy was on the sidewalk taking a pic of the car. I just said "good morning" and he said "morning" and off we went.

    Was also driving back from Cranberry on 19 and was stopped at a red light. Looked in my rearview mirror and saw the guy in car behind me taking a pic of the rear of the car. This prompted me to post on Facebook that you just can't ever go out in the Tesla looking like a bum due to the volume of pics that keep being taken of your car and, thus, you as well. :D
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a Black or Blue "S" on the Garden State Parkway Southbound Sunday about 1:15 PM in the Clifton NJ area. I was reading the license plate "1 TESLA" when I realized it was a Tesla. HAHA
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yesterday afternoon, while southbound in the fast lane of I-95, somewhere between Jacksonville and St. Augustine, I saw a school-bus-yellow car in the northbound fast lane. Only when it was almost level with me did I a realize it was a MS - too late for a wave or flash of lights. Anybody out there know this car?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Random sighting while walking down Newbury St, Boston, MA today.

    VIN #17,6xx

    Totally maxed out, P85+, tan interior, CF spoiler, grey turbine wheels.

    I was intrigued by the 'Commercial' plates, which I assume means it's a company car?? sweeet.

    NPbkW8M.jpg

    T8aUHdS.jpg

    FG55WPH.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Looks fantastic with the red Massachusetts plates. Then again, most things look fantastic on Newbury St.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hey, that's mine! I'm flattered by seeing my own car in these images :)
    The car is with commercial plates for a number of reasons, one of them is insurance rates, but that's another topic.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not fair, Stoil! I've had my car 18 months and never appeared here. You've had yours for what, a month?

    Guess I need to go places like Newbury St more. No one is interested in cars in Cambridge.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Try being a Tesla in California... Oh, there's one... And another one, and another... Etc.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was pleasantly surprised, when I came in this morning to check the forum. It was my first visit on Newbury st since I got the car and believe it or not saw another Model S with Livery plates driving right in front on me, I should have taken pictures of it.

    @AEdennis

    I'm sure things are quite different in Cali, here in Boston you don't see many, so it's still a joy when you see another one.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes... and no... I still like EV Spotting... You just won't see any of us in the Random Model S section anymore. The Random Roadster section still is pretty good though.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Except the gum and trash on the sidewalk.

    I think I saw this same car today leaving the charging area at the Natick Mall. Although the one we saw had a car seat in the back.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest

    haha! That's awesome! I suppose you didn't see me taking the pics?

    Your car was looking very lovely by the way! It was gone before my SO walked down the street (he was a few blocks behind me), so the photo must have been about 10 minutes before you left.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yesterday @ Russell Creek Park
    image.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Red MS on a Gulf Blvd. in Indian Shores. I never seem to see any of the TMC member on the street. It seems to always be non-members.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That's because we see you first!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    LMAO!

    Black one at the charging spot in front of Cassis around 6:00 this evening. At least I think it was black.

    Tesla moment because I'm too lazy to find the other thread: When Btrflyl8e left my house last night somebody said "Hey I saw that car earlier and it was blue. Now it's black! Did it change colors?"
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Last week I saw a white Model S on the Capital Beltway merging from the George Washington Parkway. I was in a slow moving lane and couldn't catch up to say 'Hi' but I loved the Virginia tag "Over ICE"!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Shhhh. Don't tell everyone I got the automatic color changing paint option!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Sitting in BellaBrava downtown St Pete and looked up to see a red MS with dark wheels go by on Beach Dr...Xhawk?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Mom sent me this via Facebook yesterday. Someone in Houston has a Model S with a brilliant security system!

    model_s_great_dane.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hmm maybe yes on way to annata!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    In Tokyo:
    IMAG2278.jpg
    Also, after showing my wife that pic, she asked me to see if I could find the supercharger. It's at the Grand Hyatt in the Valet area... 2 chargers, one was iced by a porshe, the other was iced by a Ferari. I'm sure the valet's would move the other cars as necessary.... I'm counting this as a visited supercharger...
    IMAG2442.jpg

    Also... evidently I missed crossing paths with Stephen Wozniak by just a couple hours...
    IMAG2448.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Another rare instance of seeing an MS (other than my own) in this under-represented county: just before sunset, while walking with my wife back and forth across the Hammock Dunes bridge for exercise, a black MS zipped by in the eastbound lane. I hurriedly gave two thumbs up but I don't think it was noticed. I wonder who that was?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted a black MS on Philmont Ave crossing Byberry Road in Huntingdon Valley PA just now.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Who has the White Model S 85 who lives near Jacksonwald Elementary School, and Reifton Elementary School?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    First random Model S I have seen in a movie.

    Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

    When Steve Carell goes for his interview he drives past a bunch of Porsches and parks his van. In the background behind his van is a Model S backed into the parking space.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Passed a blue(?) one going NB Van Dyke between 29 and 28 Mile at 5:55PM today. I suspect it may be the same Model S that I saw a mile north on June 25th.

    I had just washed my car about an hour prior, after about a month. Oddly, even though it was still reasonably light out, my displays stayed in night mode (a bit difficult to see) and headlights on for 2 or 3 minutes after leaving my house and as I passed the other Model S, which slightly embarrassed me.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Seen on October 3rd in La Jolla, CA, a new Tesla trying to make an illegal left-hand turn (and holding up a line of cars behind) on Ivanhoe Ave at Torrey Pines Rd. The two street signs on the far left say "RIGHT TURN ONLY." This was the first time I've seen a Tesla do what so many other cars do at this intersection. It is a serious hazard and the RIGHT TURN ONLY rule is there for a very sensible reason.

    Seeing more and more Teslas in La Jolla, and more and more running stop signs and pulling stunts like this. The Tesla is definitely becoming mainstream... sigh...

    badtesla-oct3.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    While in the UK I have seen three Teslas, two in the same parking lot. Posted these in a UK specific thread but adding them here - check out the lime green roadster!
    Random UK Tesla Sightings
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not a sighting technically, but worth noting...

    At the Secretary of State's office for Collin Country, TX (in Plano) I was getting my plates yesterday afternoon (Oct 13), and the lady at the counter said I was her second Tesla that day. Given there were 6 people working the counter, and other offices, I thought this was a modest coincidence. Of course, I explained to her the end of September delivery push, and how the paperwork took two weeks to go out, so my assumption is all the Dallas area deliveries the last two weeks of September received their paperwork about the same time, so really one would expect us all to get our titles and registration about the same time.

    I'd kind of been hoping for more of a reaction, like "Can you really go 200 miles on one tank", or the usual, but I'll settle for a knowledgable person who thinks EVs are a good idea.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    So, should the first member who spots a "D" in the wild and has the pic to prove it get a special price? And if so, what should it be? An extra large avatar pic? :biggrin:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    technically the first one was spotted in the wild before the announcement at an airport and they even snapped a photo and uploaded here on TMC for proof (About time to unveil the D and something else - Page 29). problem was, nobody thought the pic was real and thought it was photoshopped, LOL.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It's got to have temp tags to count as "the wild".
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yeah I agree that's not "in the wild." That car belonged to Tesla and was on an airport (not normal roads). Thing the first D sighting is still in the running.

    Wonder if the D mules will get the badging now, in which case the first sighting could be soon.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I am shocked and surprised! I travel to northeast PA frequently, Wilkes-Barre/Kingston/Dallas specifically, and have opined that it would be quite some time before I saw another Tesla during my visits. Well, there was a community event that I attended this weekend (10/25) and what do I see when pulling into the parking lot but another Tesla!

    Luckily there was a parking spot directly behind so I grabbed it. I snuck a peak at the vin and was confused because there were a lot of zeroes and it appeared the vin was earlier than 1000. I went to the rear of the car to see the battery size and it was then that I noticed "Signature" etched in the chrome. It was dark but I would guess it was a wonderful looking blue car.

    It had PA plates, not custom. Unfortunately the owner must have ducked out of the event early because I ran out immediately upon conclusion and there was another car parked in the spot.

    I'd bet they came into town for the event, just like me. Anyone know a dark Sig roaming the Philly area? Or Harrisburg? I would have loved to say hello. Hopefully they'll keep coming back and I'll catch up with them eventually.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét