Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 10, 2016

Random Model S sightings part 15

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Was at the Washington Nationals game in DC this saturday and as we were heading to our seats, saw a blue model S drive past just outside the stadium. (we took the metro, so mine wasn't close).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Considering the color I bet it's a European Signature series on a test drive of some sort.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Could be. But 50 miles from the factory? Seems far, no? Probably a factory tester or headed to a showroom.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not nice that they take my Red Sig for a spin instead of putting it on a boat :wink:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    In Rockville, MD on Rockville Pike (355) today just shy of 1pm a white S with license plate "AMPITUP" pulled up next to my metallic blue. We exchanged thumbs up.

    Nice looking ride and clever plate, buddy... :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw my first one in Santa Fe today. A pearl white with 19" tires and cf spoiler. I know of a Sig owner here in town from the forum but I've never seen his car driving around. I spoke briefly with the owner, a very nice lady, who was putting one of her children in the jump seat. She absolutely loves the car, of course, and is very happy with her purchase. Her son, about 6 years old in the jump seat, noticed I was wearing a Tesla shirt and pointed it out to his mother. I didn't want to take up too much of her time so I kept our exchange brief.

    Exciting to see that my small town has embraced the future.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    2E44EFDF-CF32-4CAB-A2D1-41C313570F9A-24929-000012C7DF9C4587_zps5d500d25.jpg

    i think the owner is on here
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just saw this one in Manhattan on 41st between 7th&8th outside of "Newsies" the musical...

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376521105.961054.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw this one while getting ready for a flight at Million Air Addison. Not a big fan of the chrome turbine wheels.
    image.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    looks like some aftermarket chrome dipped factory wheels on the Red S above.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The proper hand sign is the EV salute. :)

    Thumb and two pointing fingers equally separated in a triangular fashion horizontally. Roughly oriented towards the other driver.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    YUCK!!!!!! what a disgrace....
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Agree. And looked even worse in person.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That's like wearing these with a gorgeous designer gown chrome-shoes-on-nordstrom-model-387x580-200x300.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Please tell me that is not you butterfly!:biggrin:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest


    AHHH! Socks and sandals! My eyes!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    After spending the past week working in Turlock, CA (where I saw zero Teslas once I got past Pleasanton), it was nice coming back home to see this in the neighborhood parking lot

    Teslas.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Nice! Do note though that SF Bay Area, LA and SD residents are practically banned from posting to this thread ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I have seen a white model S in Orem twice in the last 3 days. Is it a forum member?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    gg--I object!! Even if we here in the SF BAy Area are in the fringe field of a Model S motor almost all of the time... :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, I know, but maybe we should start a thread for random multiple-Model S sightings in a single photo to keep us Bay Area folks somewhat entertained. I thought that having 4 park within 100 feet was pretty good (although, at tech companies like Google you could probably get more).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Gray Model S in Belmont, Mass yesterday around 2:30pm just outside Boston. Right next to a gray Leaf in traffic :biggrin:

    Nice to see them on a regular basis on the East Coast now. I see Teslas at least weekly now!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a white one here in Austin Texas on 2222 near 360 and 10 mins later a white one passed my Volt on 620 heading towards Anderson Mill.


    Ian B
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ever since I placed my order, my kids (8-year-old twins) have been eager to point out Teslas "in the wild" and they get excited whenever they see one. (Still somewhat uncommon here, at least relative to CA.) We drove from DC to Ocean City MD today, and they saw two Model S heading in the opposite direction on Route 50. The second one was grey, I didn't see the first. Makes me hopeful that our next trip to Ocean City can be all-electric. :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A slightly different kind of Model S sighting in the Bay Area; a Model S limo in San Carlos:

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376976509.121455.jpg

    It's highlighted on their website too: Palo Alto Limo
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    another one @ Moorpark

    94BA454A-1CDE-4E0B-B7B2-9FE43C7387DF-30539-0000178EB62DAF3D_zps6b2c500f.jpg



    also drove past another tesla, black with grey 21's, waved and he waved back :cool:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Drove from Portland to Bend (in an S60, 59.1 kWh used) and saw a black Model S going the other way near Sisters, OR...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw a grey Model S in Blue Ash (a small city on the north side of Cincinnati) on Friday of last week. Sadly, I was too slow to snap a picture.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tried hard to find one while in Detroit today. No such luck. Only a matter of time though.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    672DBAA0-25D7-4A88-A472-D9F1C5B83E45-33096-000019509BC6BA27_zps6a7f736e.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just got back home to Maryland from a trip to California; we lost count of how many Model S we saw around LA. We stopped for lunch at Nepenthe Restaurant in Big Sur and there was black car with perf. wheels in the lot when we got there. By the time we were done, the black car had left and there was a brand new multi-coat red P85+ on it's way home from the factory; chatted with the new owner briefly - she was beaming. Coincidently, I saw racing legend Bobby Rahal leaving the restaurant as we were being seated. I searched the forum to see if he was listed but got no results; consider the rumor that Mr. Rahal drives a Model S started ;-).

    We saw surprisingly few Model S in the Bay Area, but it was car week at Pebble Beach so the place was slathered with Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins, and every other exotic that you could think of. However, our limited sightings were rare birds - Sig Red #790 in the parking garage at Cannery Row and another Sig Red #277? parked near the America's Cup pavillion in San Francisco. Hi there if you're on the forum! The kids loved spotting Teslas in the wild, it even became a game to distract Dad later in the trip - "Look a Tesla! Haha made you look!" It was great to get a preview of what the DC area may look like some day, but it's especially nice to be back home to drive my car again.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hey Dirk... that was most likely us... Especially if it was around 2:30! We stopped at Rays there to grab some snacks before we headed back home. Darn if we missed seeing you.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yep, that sounds about right. 2:24pm to be precise (I may or may not have texted my wife while driving so there could be a time stamp that I could use to verify the time...).
    The cool looking car that flashed its lights at you? That was me in my gray S60 :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm sure he does have a Model S. He was pretty active on some of the Porsche forums I used to frequent...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No photos but two random sightings in two days here in Cambridge and slightly west. Yesterday around 7pm I was doing high 60s in the left lane of RT 2 eastbound by Belmont when a grey with MA EV plates roared up behind me (metaphorically, anyway). I moved over to let him pass and then followed him for a bit before he left the highway.

    Today around 6:30pm I pulled out of my driveway just after a black with EV plates passed by heading toward the Harvard campus. I followed for a few blocks before turning off - was driving a white P85 loaner on my way to get my car back at Watertown SC.

    Definitely becoming more prevalent around here. Driving to NYC next week with our girls - will suggest a contest for who spots the most Teslas along the way.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw my first model S driving on the Autobahn in Germany yesterday (between Frankfurt and Karlsruhe)!! Pretty cool, saw one at the store in Fremont before but 'out in the wild' it looks even better, pretty exciting! Picture coming when Im back home.
    (is there a forum for EU sightings?)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    cant wait for ur autobahn photo! When are u getting home [:p]
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Pretty sure it's a mannequin :tongue:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Thank God!!! :biggrin:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yesterday, at Weston Hills Country Club.

    20130825_135101.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw two more in Cambridge while driving to a meeting this morning, in five minutes!

    Nice brown on Garden St on a gray day
    8e3u4e2y.jpg

    Then a multicoat red by Fresh Pond shopping center
    u8eja8er.jpg

    Both times we flashed lights at each other while waiting at the stop lights, then waved as we passed.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hard to see, but does that sign say "Easy St"? He should be turning! Cool.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Should say Walden St. Apologies for the distant iPhone photos - I was a car or two back from the front at both lights.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Another bay area bulk sighting report.

    Saturday found me driving up through Cupertino on my way to Los Altos Rod and Gun Club for an afternoon at the range with my room mate. As we were leaving cupertino and heading into Saratoga, we were passed by a black Model S in the outside lane who remained a couple cars ahead for a while. Almost immediately, two cars back, another black S with enthusiastic kids in the back pulled in behind us, and the kids were obviously excited to see another S on the road.

    Then we were both passed by a nice looking blue P85+.

    So four in the space of about three minutes. Not quite up to previous sightings in Los Altos, but not too far off. Great to see the kids in back being so enthusiastic. :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I just saw a white Model S on Douglas Rd. in Coconut Grove. The interior was tan and the regular 19 inch wheels.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    My post got delayed. Was responding to #1870 which looks like a Tesla is at the corner of Easy Street.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I have very rarely seen Teslas in my area but so far today I've seen 3!

    Black 60 - Route 25/495 merger in Wareham, MA
    Black 85 - Target in Wareham, MA
    Red ?? - Marion, MA

    I told my wife it's a sign that we should by one! I've been stalking Tesla since around 2005/2006 and I was was dead set on buying an S, then the two kids came....now we are waiting for the X. Really hoping they stay under $75k.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Went to/from MA/VA Beach. Besides at the superchargers we saw 1 Model S (in CT).
    On the way down we saw a few Model S's at the superchargers but yesterday on the way back the superchargers were empty.
    Perhaps driving on a Monday was the wrong thing to do?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Here�s the pic:

    AutobahnModelS.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Very cool! :biggrin:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn

    9611559026_20529a8416_z.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Excellent composition @Hobbes (it that is your real name).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    McKinney/Frisco/Allen/Plano

    (we were at "that" intersection)

    Red heading south on Custer - I was in the Blue 19 heading north.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    lol I always think of Kraftwerk and german engineering when I'm driving my Volkswagen Lupo :)

    I think it is the obvious choice if my car would choose track :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    964707ED-D18E-403A-AF75-6276C48417EA-5609-0000061ADAD243B5_zpsa2dccf2c.jpg

    My first sighting in the sacramento area, waved at the driver, was going to approach the driver with a hello and a compliment but did not want to impose, figured they're busy.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw this one at the supercharger in Burlington, WA a couple weeks ago. I was on my way home after a test drive in Bellevue.

    IMG_2033.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    hanging out at a Supercharger site to spot a Model S hardly seems random. Sort of cheating. haha. It is how I got my first glimpse of a Model S in the "wild", so it is quite effective.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm in Santa Clara on a business trip right now. That's like "hanging out at a Supercharger" - so I didn't take pictures / post here. I think a Model S at the Burlington, WA Supercharger is still a rarer site than in the Intel or Google or Apple or Facebook parking lots here at the heart of Silicon Valley :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    On a 10 day trip to California from Oregon I visited Sonoma, San Rafael, and then went out into the foothills towards South Tahoe. I only saw one Model S except finally at the Folsom superchargers there were multiple.

    I see them all the time in Portland, OR. Just yesterday I spotted a brand new black on in the parking garage where I work.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, I see them all the time in Portland (after all, there's one in my garage - or right now at the Hillsboro airport parking lot, waiting for me to return). But here in Santa Clara? It's nuts. I saw about a dozen yesterday.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a Gray 60 in West Stockbridge, MA.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    This is truly random. Was invited to come to Arizona for a look see and ended up staying at the Embassy Suites and saw this parked there. P85 with spoiler and stock 19s.

    eje2e2yg.jpg

    Such a contrast to my car rental... Although the rims are strikingly similar.

    ge7upase.jpg

    Can't wait to get back to Chicago to see my baby.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Who parks their Tesla in between cars for door dings!

    As far as rims, that's one more reason to get 21" :smile:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Couldnt get a pic but just saw a brown model s with silver 21's

    First time seeing that color... gorgeous
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It doesn't seem like they are as common in the north bay and northeast Bay Area. In the last 9 months, I've only seen 3 (excluding prearranged sightings) 2 others here in vacaville, and one driving around sac. I know there are a bunch in napa though.

    actually, there was a third sighting here in vacaville, but it was a 60 from Washington using the local chargers.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Kraken's right. Surprising that the relatively affluent Marin, Sonoma and Napa counties don't have as much of a penetration.

    ckessel, if you had ventured a few miles south of the Golden Gate Bridge, I'd have guaranteed atleast a dozen sightings on a slow day :)

    Driving up and down 101 in the Peninsula (Palo Alto on up to SF) in the carpool/leftmost lane, I see practically caravans of Model S in both directions.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    After seeing 41 Model S on Thursday (OK, not "random" at all, that was the Woodburn Supercharger opening), I saw a black one yesterday in Hillsboro, a brown one on Scholl's Ferry in Portland yesterday and a red one in Tigard this morning.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Played golf with my father at his club in Purchase, NY, today. Mine is the green in the middle. BTHFXYSIMAAVqhW.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Does random cable TV sighting count ?
    Model S on TV.jpg

    Mod, please delete if copyright infringement detected.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not practical in those counties. A basic day's driving on a busy day can cause daily range anxiety. Sometimes even in a gas car :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    ??? I spent an entire week in the area driving around and never remotely had range issues. Hell, I charged most of the time of a normal wall socket.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Red Sig driving south on Beach Rd in Oak Bluffs, MA.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw this white P85+ with parking sensors in wayzata mn. Sightings are becoming more frequent!
    IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    He sure is well-parked :smile:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    MFG plates. He better be well-parked.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    What is that? Manufacturer plates?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It shows MFG plates--plates are issued to manufacturers of vehicles, so they can be used on multiple cars (they are cars not titled). So someone from corp Tesla was probably driving, or it's a demo vehicle (Probably from MN store). In Austin last week, two of the cars had CA MFG plates.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Drove past a what I think was a brown (sun was in my eyes) Model S on 1600 North in Orem. My first "wild sighting" in Utah, and my first while driving my Model S. I tried to flash my lights and wave, but no idea if I hit the right knob, I was so surprised!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I think I've seen the same white model S, grey 21" wheels, in rancho santa margarita about 3 times over the past month
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Why is Tesla stalking me?!

    yzu7y2em.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    vyzesyqe.jpg

    Nice gray 85 parked next to my blue 60 at The Ranch in Las Colinas, TX. First time to park next to another Tesla.

    I'll leave their decision to take up a space with a charger, but then not use it for discussion elsewhere... :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    interesting, I actually grew up there. Wonder if any of my family has seen it yet. The mfg means it is manufacturer owned evidently (i guess that makes sense with the Cali plates). Found this out when I ran into a mfg plated one at the lowes here in vacaville Monday night, within 24 hours of saying i rarely see them around this part of the bay area. The guy said work was letting him borrow it for the weekend... Sweet perk. Of course I was in my focus since the wife had the ms for the night.

    nspollution, I would really doubt there are any more range anxiety issues in the north or northeast bay areas.... Nothing is that far away, and there are a lot of public charging options from what I've seen. Definitely no more range anxiety than I'd have in minneapolis... And it seems the car is really starting to pick up in popularity there!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Voltageville :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Working out of the North Bay and having to do any travel during the course of the day will drain a gas engine, so it definitely won't be too kind to a Model S 60. Most any travel you have to do involves going into one of the cities or the valley.

    A very different radius than Minneapolis.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted one in the parking lot of my office complex today in Trevose, PA. It's the first wild that I've seen in Pennsylvania. :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw two on the way to work yesterday, just a few minutes apart. Only got a photo of the first, a silver (haven't see many - looked very elegant) which was behind me for a block or so near Brattle Street in Cambridge, MA.

    u8u3unys.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a double decker transport truck jammed with 10 new Model S on board. On I5 coming through Portland, with a good mix of colors on board. No doubt headed for Seattle. :)

    Edit: anyone in Seattle area expecting a Brown this weekend, or early next week?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw about 5-6 while at San Jose this week.

    Ian B
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Had a great time at the MN Cars and Coffee show this morning with Zythryn and Vexar. We had tons of Tesla time with curious people! Here are a few "random" pics from the event:

    Multi Red Model S with a matte black nose cone. Looks like a very good alternative to the plastic looking stock nose cone.
    IMAG0048.jpg

    Another Multi Red S85 with silver 21's. See the difference the matte wraped nose cone makes to the whole look of the car?
    IMAG0017.jpg

    Orange Lamborghini Aventador:
    IMAG0013.jpg

    ...And a Matte black one:
    IMAG0043.jpg

    Aston Martin V12 Vantage:
    IMAG0024.jpg

    Ferrari F430. A P85 has the same 0-60 and quarter mile time as this $200,000 supercar!
    IMAG0010.jpg

    GTR. 0-60 in 2.8!
    IMAG0037.jpg

    And an R8...
    IMAG0032.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Went out for an evening walk this evening. As I turned the corner near my house I saw a SmartCar headed my way. I'm thinking this car could not possibly protect it's occupants. Tough way to save on gas. The next car that came down the avenue was a new Silver Model S without plates. I could not help but turn around. This is such an awesome looking car! The Anti SmartCar.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The other day in Beverly Hills there were 3 Model S's stopped at the same intersection...Sunset, Crescent, and Beverly Drive, corner of the Beverly Hills Hotel. We were all facing each other, first at the light. I tried to wave at the other 2 drivers but they weren't paying attention. That's pretty common here. The BH drivers are pretty unimpressed by their own and others' cars. Actually, pretty unimpressed by anyone but themselves. :cool:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    CA5A91B8-870F-402F-989C-00A25335A5FB-51319-000031F0C20C8504_zps8f5dc1de.jpg



    parked next to this one around noon at In-N-Out


    tried to talk to him but he didnt look interested, didnt even look at my ED lol tough day i guess



    Why would you think that? It's designed by the finest Mercedes-Benz engineers in the word it is very safe. Always disappointed in seeing peoples "knowledge" on smarts.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    More proof that Tesla is taking away business from BMW and Mercedes ;-)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Actually, Smart cars aren't very fuel efficient for their size. I can beat the MPG in a Smart with a Prius any day. The only thing a Smart car is good for is small parking spaces.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You are referring to the gas powered model, not the SmartEV which of course uses no gas.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    The smartcar is actually really safe for its size because it has a very rigid cage structure for its occupants. I'm sure it's no Tesla Model S though :biggrin:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I think the SmartCar is likely safe the same way a motorcycle racer is safe when wearing body armor.

    As long as when you crash and are sliding along the road at 100 MPH, you are fine if you don't hit something that breaks through your safety bubble (which for the MC rider is pretty much any decent sized mass.) I'm thinking the SmartCar is more durable than an MC racer lowsiding his bike, but not even remotely in the same category as the MS when it comes to high speed collision with an immovable object.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Actually that's what makes it even more dangerous, since the body of the car isn't absorbing the impact, your own body will. Why do you think the Model S has proved to be so safe? Because of the large crumple zones that lengthen the impact deceleration time, thus reducing the force. Where are the crumple zones on a smart car? Exactly.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Silver MS on Louetta Road near Vintage Park north of Houston around 6:20pm today... Was heading to eat at the amazing Peli Peli S. African restaurant with some coworkers (incidentally in a 11MPG Ford F150 ICE rental) and saw the distinctive LED DRL, and a silver Tesla beauty heading the other way...

    I wonder if it lives in one of the Vintage Park developments?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    guys, I meant that the smartcar was safe for its size. It's rigid body structure won't absorb impact but will prevent the body from becoming a total sandwich. I'm not a big fan of em and I would way rather be in a Model S. Of course the Model S is safer, it's physics. I'm not saying the smartcar is one of the safest cars out there, I meant that it was safer than comparable cars. It holds up much better than what I expected it to
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw one on the way home from work yesterday. New (still had "Zero Emissions" tag). On west side perimeter around 6pm. Silver, and had P85 badging.

    WP_20130911_002.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted - a Black S85 with Tan/Obeche Gloss/Temp NJ Tags at Newark SuperCharger

    Looks like plenty of room at the Newark Supercharger. Probably my last time here in my Camry Hybrid.

    Can't wait for my MS!!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    When I came out after some Starbucks and BK, I found the black S85 gone, presumably topped up and a White S60 with Tan, Pano and 19" wheels sitting at the side station charging. That one had Maryland plates. I wonder what speed charge they were getting as the only car there...

    By the way - my Hybrid ICE can be seen to the right of the pic.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I've used that Supercharger at least a half a dozen time and have only seen another Model S there once.

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Perfect - that works for me. I guess we better enjoy it before Tesla takes over this coast too. Most of my work trips are toward DC/VA or to NYC, so that purported Supercharger location in NJ on the Turnpike somewhere would be real nice.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw this beauty in NW Portland.

    e2uquhav.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ok...not random...just a shot that caught my eye while out w/ my 'rents.

    2asyvude.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    There's a brand new Gray P85 with temp NJ tags sitting in the parking lot where I work here on Executive Blvd. in Rockville, MD. It still has the manufacturer window decal on it. Has the parking sensors too.

    The first time I've seen another Model S in the lot besides mine.

    Left him a nice little welcome note along with a pointer here. :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Here on the East Coast we certainly have fewer. My understanding is there are 5 Model Ss in Delaware. Granted we are a small state but I run into people every day who ask if Tesla is a Russian made car (no kidding) or a Fisker (as the Atlantis was suppose to be built here). We do not have the State tax credits on this coast like you have in California and our utility rates and gas prices are considerably less.
    However, I am still surprised that I do not see more Model Ss. I have to go over to the Newark, DE. supercharger to see others. I think as the word continues to get out mid America and the east Coast are ripe for the Tesla taking. My brother and his friends in Maine are waiting for more expansion in the supercharger network to buy.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, in Greenwich CT (very rich area) I'm starting to see more and more Model S's. when I first got mine in Feb it was rare to see another one, now I see one or two every day it seems in my daily driving which isn't that much.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm currently living in Montreal and also slowly seeing more MS's. In fact, just today I was walking down the street explaining how awesome Tesla is to a visiting friend and as we turn the corner (it couldn't have been any more perfect) there was a MS parked right there. I pointed out all the cool features of the car to my friend and feel pretty confident I hooked a future buyer, haha.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Since we are now talking about the appearances of Model S'es, here is what I see in the San Francisco Bay Area.

    I live in a town called Atherton in the Bay Area, it's a pretty nice neighborhood. Model S'es started to pop up around here about 6 months ago, before TSLA's epic run. At that time, I'd see about one or two Model S'es a day. Now a days I'd see about three or four a day. And yesterday, I had to drive on the crowded 101 Freeway during traffic hours. In the matter of 20 minutes, I saw about 10 Model S'es on the HOA lane in the opposite direction. They are everywhere now.

    Another observation is that where I work in the South Bay (Cupertino to be exact), Model S'es are pretty rare. My company has plenty of charging stations for electric cars, but they are mostly taken by the Leaf's, the Volt's, but not Model S'es. Seems that Model S'es are still out of reach for the masses. After all, it's $100K.

    In any case, I'd imagine there are still a lot of rich people out there that have not heard of Tesla. Still a big market out there for the Model S (and later the Model X). The better days for Tesla are still ahead.

    One more thing. A good friend just bought one: P85+. When TSLA was below $40, he margined his account pretty heavily, sold it all at $130, bought a Model S. Boy, that thing was wonderful to drive (he let me have a go). For those of you that have one already, you have a great car!

    Good luck to all.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Every time I drive into LA, I see about a dozen. Way back in June, driving from Santa Barbara to LA, to Newport Beach and back, around 220 miles, I saw 23 and then gave up watching for them. In Ventura/Santa Barbara, (small cities) I see one or two or three nearly daily. With these sorts of numbers and a couple of visits to the factory, yep, I feel pretty good about being long on TSLA. Within 3 blocks of my house we have 1 Tesla, 3 Leaf and two Sparks.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw 3 other Model S's in the Greenwich area Wednesday - all within a few hours. They are definitely a lot more appearing here on the east coast!

    Aaron
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That is quite a low key introduction, James. You seems to live in the best neighborhood to have the Model S :).

    I remember in March also before the epic run, there was an article about Model S's market success rate is 100% in new purchase. The author did some investigation by going around the Atherton neighborhood. Among all the high end luxury cars that has a new license plate, which is his criteria of new purchase, every one of those goes to Model S. He did not see any BMW 5/7, Mercedes E/S with a new license plate.

    It was a mind blowing observation, one of the sign that Tesla is quickly taking over the high end luxury market. And we are know it becomes official as news come out in two months. Have testing driven the car myself, I can be assure I wasn't over optimistic about the positive things I see.

    Among other signs that give me confidence is their job listing. I was interested finding a job in Tesla back then. :) Two things impressed me: back in Feb. they already have hundreds of listing in many (like 30) countries. And if I remember correctly, one of their standard requirements on the candidate is "graduate from the top colleagues", the same phrase Google used. I was quite taken back because I was never a fan of Google's hiring practice. The way they think they are smarter than other people turns me off. But boy for Tesla to have the ball to mandate their new hire to be "graduate from the top colleagues", they got to be very confident with themselves. I turned to my wife and said: I think they are going big. I certainly put my money where my mouth is :biggrin:.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Within my cul de sac neighbors of 6 houses, we have 1 Tesla, 4 Prius. Used to be 5 prius. If I extend to one block, the number of prius doubles.

    I do not think the Hybrid is a long term solution. Now that Tesla and other car makers prove the All electric cars work, the shift to pure electric will accelerate.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Funny - I read your post quickly and thought I had been spotted. I work on Exec blvd too, but mine is a Grey S60 and my temp tags are VA. Three Model Ses on a tiny road - what is it, 2 miles long?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I live in Ashburn VA, about 30 miles West of Washington DC. It's in Loudoun County which has been one of the fastest growing high-tech corridors in the nation for the past decade. As such it has a reasonably high percentage of folks who are both tech-saavy and high income.

    That having been said, there are relatively few Tesla's around here. I see perhaps one other Model S every other week or so. I know of only a handful in the area around me. They are rare enough that when people see mine it's still an attention grabber. In the last 2 days I've had two "stoplight conversations" about it initiated by folks in the other lane (well, one was a construction worker).

    I also work in Rockville, MD about 15 minutes from the Tesla Service Center. There are even fewer up here it seems.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted one of the very first Model S in Belgium, in a parking garage in Leuven ! Was registered 08/28/13.

    P1000718.jpg

    The Audi is mine, Model S arrives next tuesday - Yes !:tongue:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A couple days ago I drove through Rockville to Bethesda, MD and saw two white Model S. One was a P85 heading south on Old Georgetown Road, the other was parked in an office lot on Parklawn Drive very close to Executive Blvd. Confirmed that they're still fairly rare in these parts, but we're multiplying :)
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét