Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 10, 2016

Random Model S sightings part 12

  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I think $95,000 is not a bad deal for a signature red with only 1,400 miles. That car is as good as new. Owner has paid the 8.5% sales tax already, so the effective discount is $12,500.

    Of course whomever buys it will miss out on the federal tax credit and the California rebate.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    At $90k, it would go fast I bet.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Maybe I'm forgetting how the "Signature Tax" played out, but I think between amnesia and daily therapy, my wallet has mostly forget about that particular screw job. So the discount, to me, doesn't seem that worthwhile. Since, to me, the benefits of the signature tax so far have been negligible at best.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Nope; the buyer would have to pay good old CA DMV, sales tax on the $95,000.

    The house always wins!

    Vehicle Registration and Title Information


  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    ... in front of a gas station !!! on purpose?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    All the EV charging spots were taken.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It's taken a long time, and I had to travel to do it. AND no pics but it DID finally happen.

    In Chicago for a wedding. Yesterday (Saturday) on 22nd Street in Lombard. Grey with grey 21's.

    My very first in the wild, random sighting. I fumbled with the camera and it was gone!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Finally, an actual sighting after watching and watching and watching coming out of Oxbow road in Wayland, Ma today.
    Gave the driver an enthusiastic thumbs up!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    @gg_got_a_tesla - are you sure the second buyer would pay sales tax? Isn't the concept of "use tax" is that if one brings a non-calfornia car into CA they must pay the equivalent of the sales tax amount because it was was not yet taxed. If this is a CA car (can't tell) then a private sale shouldn't require tax to be paid.

    Also I believe if it was purchased in another state that had sales tax paid the CA use tax would only be the difference (if any).

    I could be wrong, I don't live in CA....
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yes, Steve, pretty sure that the buyer of a used car is on the hook to pay sales tax on the car. I've never bought a used car myself but, did sell to a private party once. As a seller, one'd have to fill this transfer and release of liability form and send it in

    http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg138.pdf

    with the selling price filled in. The buyer is expected to pay the sales tax on this price and get the car registered in their name.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I've never heard of not paying sales tax. It happens each time you purchase something, new or used.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Another one spotted on the East. Brown one.

    brownspotted.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    OK, this is the random thread, right? I swear I did not set this up... I was backing up in towards a charger in a parking garage when I looked over at the backup camera and saw... TESLA:

    Sk�rmavbild 2013-04-15 kl. 21.52.10.png

    The sun hit the chrome on the trunk just right and projected a mirror image on the pole in the garage. The camera mirrors it a second time and I get this. Too funny, too random not to share.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Wow, you could not plan for that! Also, nice bamboo next to the charging station.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a whole gaggle of Tesla's on my way home from the gym this evening in Bellevue WA. By far the most in the span of 10 minutes. At around 6pm a white S with 19's (turning left off of Eastbound Bel-Red onto 132nd Ave NE). Then, 10 minutes later a silver S with gray 21's heading North on Richards Rd. just under I-90. Then 2 blocks further a white Roadster with black wheels followed me into the Factoria (Bellevue, WA) mall parking lot.

    Great to see so many out and about!

    Cheers!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Love that!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    a black model s just flew by me on the onramp in simi by the town center, made my day :smile:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Two sightings to report:

    1) Last Thursday(ish), a whole semi-truck carrier full of Model Esses (plural?)... 9 of em or so heading north on I495 in VA heading in to MD. Assuming they were aiming for the Rockvlle service center... so I assume that's the route mine will be taking in a few weeks. :)

    2) This morning at 8:30am eastbound 267 Toll Rd. in VA. Blue Model S driven by a female. No acknowledgement of my horn-beep in attempt to give a thumb-up... but admittedly I was across the lane barrier in the airport access lanes.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Last night I spotted a rare bird while walking the dog. A brown Model S with New Jersey plates was parked in an above ground parking facility on 50th Street between 8th and 9th avenues (in Manhattan).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    There is also a blue one around town. I've seen it twice on different occasions.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    White sig 737 w/ DC tags was charging w/ me this afternoon at the DE supercharger...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    2013-04-22 13.34.28.jpg
    Tesla with Diamondhead in the background
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    tesla1.jpg
    Model S getting gas in Hawaii LOL
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Two days ago I went to San Francisco and back for about 80 mile round trip. I saw 12!!! Model S' along the way!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hello :) Just a fan from the Philippines who made sure he wouldn't pass up a chance to take some pics of Model S's as soon as he got to the US. I've been lurking around this site a lot and it's been great seeing all the raves and gripes. 'Been excited about this car and science innovation in general. Some pics random but most, not so much :p

    Sightings:
    a.) First one on the road: Black at Delaware Supercharger
    6jm6o2.jpg

    b.) First one on the streets: White at Santa Barbera (No picture, but I did scream the girly-screams of cliche-ness upon seeing the distinctive sloping features and panoramic roof.)

    c.) First random Model S with picture, found at the Bay Area of San Francisco (I know some of you have locked out the Bay Area due to the multitudes of Model S's spotted over there but given that these pictures will likely be my sightings of the car until my return to the US, I'd like to think they're still awesome)
    14iz82c.jpg

    d.) And a sighting of my favorite color, Dolphin Grey, at downtown SF. It moved by so fast that I was in such a stupor to even take a picture.

    Today's my last day in the US and I'm heading off to see the Endeavour shuttle at the CA Science Center. I hope there's a few Model S's--even at least one--within the downtown LA area that I can spot.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Presumably this was in an open carrier or you wouldn't have seen them. Were they covered in some way? I keep hearing mixed reports of closed vs open carriers. I really don't want my car traveling cross country without any protection.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Sighted a White Model S southbound on the Garden State Parkway mile post 15? Clifton NJ area as I recall. Also put a note on the NJ Tesla Club
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw 13 Model S's driving through the burbs of Boston today (Sunday April 28th) :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    [email�protected], I only saw 12... :)

    But I saw a different one on the way home from the meet-up.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tesla seen in La Jolla, California a few months ago, turning at the corner of Girard Ave and Pearl St. It is appropriate that this is where I spotted the car. Off-camera at the corner on the right is the Ferrari dealership; you can see at the corner on the left the Maserati dealership.

    Note the car has LJ TESLA plates. Perhaps that owner is lurking in this forum? If so, hi neighbor!

    IMG_7801.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    haha :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ok ... left turn signal (from right lane) or a brake "bulb" gone?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    No, brakes on, right blinker on, picture taken while it was blinked off.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Welcome, and nice pics!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Or the right turn signal caught in the off-cycle of a blink?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Thanks :) Two more sightings before leaving for home--all within the LA area and quite near each other which was a surprise.

    This lovely brown one spotted at the parking lot, right outside the California Science Center, right next to where we parked. The guys who were with me didn't know the brand so I gave some Tesla Time, pretending I owned the car. If you're the owner of this car, no worries. No fingerprints were added.
    30saqo0.jpg

    And these two pics just as soon as we sped off the parking lot of the Science Center.
    awaj4l.jpg
    orrq0y.jpg

    It'll be a long time before I get to have any sightings of a Model S again, so at least I can keep myself cozy with a shirt and keychain from Tesla. Hope they come to the Philippines some day :) A 265 mile range Tesla would be quite excessive over here due to island dimensions. Probably won't even need superchargers :smile:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    This is exactly why I like amber turn signals! No ambiguity.

    On an on topic note I caught a white Model S, Georgia "MYTESLA" plates, going south on the west side perimeter (I-285) this morning. Between I-20 and Langford parkway. Sadly I was not in my Model S as you can tell.

    WP_20130429_007.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Ambiguity! Yes! What I wouldn't do for amber turn signals.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I knew someone would ask about that. :)

    To be honest, the driver was signaling right. Literally the second I took this photo, the green right-turn traffic light arrow went off, and so the traffic light was a solid red. The driver never stopped, just sailed on through making a right turn anyway. Welcome to La Jolla, where stop signs mean "go right ahead" and red lights mean "betcha can't stop can ya".
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    +1

    Wish this were the "industry standard", especially for trucks/trailers.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Foggy Bottom in Washington, DC

    2-Photo 2013-04-29 05.59.09 PM.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    One of the big brasses at my company has a dolphin grey performance 85.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw one today that had a "60" on the back. I didn't know they were identifying those, and wouldn't expect it requested. Anybody see that?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    all new cars have badges now. mine has it. delivered last week
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Wonder what badge they will put on the 40s? "40/60" maybe?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I was just at Sutter Hill Ventures in Palo Alto and there were three S's parked within 10 ft of one another. A Red P85, a Grey 85, and my Grey 60.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Pair of REDS juicing up!

    2013-05-01 15.28.59.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Sweet. What a color!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Hmmm while not a random model S sighting, this is a random Roadster sighting. Technically, he spotted me first and honked. I do believe this is actually the first time I've ever seen a roadster in the wild.

    image.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Just out of interest, how are people viewing the huge photos in this thread? Is there an auto resize setting like they have on other forums?
    My poor Mac Book Air only displays a wheel at a time of Apoclyps's photo!!!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    It auto resizes for me. When people post photos hosted elsewhere however they can end up wider than my browser. I'm using Chrome on OS X.

    edit: actually, all images resize down to a very narrow browser for me, even externally hosted/embedded ones :smile: not sure why they wouldn't on your computer I'm afraid...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Random roadster sightings probably belong in the Random Roadster Sightings thread:
    Random Roadster Sightings
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    thanks, didnt know that thread existed!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Teslas at the grocery store :) (Love that dark green.)

    photo (5).JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Blue with 21" silver wheels yesterday, I-5 Northbound, in Encinitas, CA...

    IMAG1212.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw this guy at Supercar Saturdays in Bolingbrook, IL:

    8714963763_ff1f0d96b8_c.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    He must back up at a pretty high speed, how'd he get all those bugs on the back? (Or am I losing pixels on my display?)

    Yesterday and today people in Saab's were photographing my car at different places on my commute. I might turn up somewhere
    on some forum.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    saw my first Tesla S in NH- parked in a driveway where I'd previously seen a PiP charging. (caught me off guard enough I had to test my Leaf's ABS at the nearby stop sign....)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I keep waiting for that to happen myself...Check Instagram too, there are a lot of people posting photos of Teslas on there.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I got my car on Friday night. Driving to a neighbors house in our community tonight I bumped into another neighbor who just picked up his Black 85! AMAZING 2 in one small community.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Dade, Broward ?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Coral Springs, the community is The Isles, across from Eagle Trace. We only have 100 homes, and while I was showing (and letting him drive) my car to a golfing buddy, we came back to the community. As we approached the guard gate, (don't have the gate release yet) he said to the guard, "the only guy in the community with a Tesla". We crossed the bridge made a right turn and there was another one with everyone around it in the driveway. We both spoke for a little while and will get together. He has the AAS and I have Std so we want to compare.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'll keep an eye out for you! If you see a Sig Red fly by... wave!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tesla in the Mirror
    Tesla _in_the_Mirror_sm.jpg
    (hard to see the Black Model S in the mirror but this was my Tesla #9 so far in the Scottsdale AZ area)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I'm seeing a couple a week in Portland, OR. I visited the service center yesterday and they've bought adjacent space, planning on more hiring, and have a bunch of cars ready for delivery. It's definitely a Tesla market here.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    That's bird crap.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Typical EV hating birds
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Chicago ... could be bullet holes!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest

    Dulles Airport Access Rd. Sighting: Black P85 Sig 5/9/13 @ 8:15am

    That was me giving you a thumbs up in my old Toyota 4Runner. Nice ride you have there.

    Mine comes in 3 weeks. :smile:?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw this beautiful new red P85 pull into my office parking lot this afternoon as i was heading out :) Hadn't seen one in a while here in Northern Virginia, and now it looks like we've got 2 at my office! love it.


    P85.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a black Model S in La Jolla on Fay Avenue during lunch today. Whipped out iPhone for a quick snap as it was going by; iPhone did a nice job distorting the image....

    IMG_8637.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw my first one on the road today in Delaware with Pennsylvania plates.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    In one more week there will be one more in NoVa. :)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    perhaps it was a more "deeper" thought ... by "minority" maybe he meant "america's gun problem is EVERYONE's problem" because last time I checked (2010 census), America's diversity grew so much that no one population group is over 50% of the country and we're all "minorities" now, lol :)

    mods: agreed with 'hans', please move discussion out of this thread or over to snippiness.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I came out of the grocery store the other day to find that my white Model S had attracted a friend...

    IMG_4727.JPG
  • 1/1/2015
    guest

    And the week after that, another will join it.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    On that theme:
    Image 4.jpg

    Caught this photo out our hotel window in Vancouver, of our Sig Red cozied up to a Dolphin Grey (both charging). Fun perspective.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Was it a valet that parked those 2 like that? If so, they could have done a much better job.
    Great shot, indeed.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I drove across Redmond yesterday evening, and I saw three different Model S.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Tempus, that was me at the office Friday. I wasn't following this thread but DFibRL8R tipped me that I'd been spotted. I picked the car up last Tuesday and by Thursday I was on a road trip to Williamsburg with DFib ;)
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I saw my first Model S in the Albany NY area. Silver 60 heading south on I-87 in the suburbs north of Albany. I wondered: where could they be going at 70 mph way far away from any SuperCharger in a 60?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I do this all the time. It's part of my "ding" reduction program. No self respecting Tesla owner would throw open the door into another Tesla right?
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    I've seen two in Apex, NC in the last week while driving around; one Gray and one Red (couldn't tell whether it was Sig or MCR). Hopefully the black one I've got on order will join them soon.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Indeed! I seldom have the opportunity, but I would certainly park next to one if I could, assuming that the spaces aren't narrow (two really wide cars don't mix well anyway).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    image.jpg A silver performance showed up at work, and spotted a brown when out to get coffee at Portola Coffee Lab, and a dolphin grey just showed up
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    image.jpg Took my sis to Frys, and while she shopped I hopped over to test out the Hawthorne Superchargers

    oops. Here are the random S's. hrmmm my panormic pic of all the S's charging doesnt want to load
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Orange model S

    In Southern California we enough model Ss that I usually do not comment on them. This evening southbound on the 405 in the Culver City area we saw an orange:biggrin: model S. We were northbound so we did not get a close look, but it was definitely a medium orange color.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    188 mph of charging - now that's what I call energy!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    At that rate the dash display should show "Super Charging" not "Charging"!!!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Finally get to post in this thread! Saw my first "in the wild" Model S in Indianapolis today. White S driving south on Meridian st. through the 96th St. interchange around 1:25pm. No time to reach for the cell and snap a pic, but it was a beauty :biggrin:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    then someone asks, why stop at an other place, and having to pay for a charge
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Moderator note: Some posts moved to Chicago crime . As always, apologies to innocent parties.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Damn! That's a color I would like to see.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    There's a pic of a wrapped orange MS here on the forums somewhere...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Yah, I recall that too. I was looking for it to show a friend the other day and couldn't find it. :(
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a red with 21s pass by me this morning at North Ave and Oak Park Ave. Sorry, no pics.

    MAN, that red is awesome looking!
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted this:

    The billboard in the background is appropriate for how the owner must feel.
    photo1.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    You'll find a Model S parked daily right by the main fire station in River North (downtown Chicago). I think the fire chief owns one :).
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not so random but worth posting, nearby neighbor and friend from the TM forums will be transferring 'Tesla S' plate to a beautiful red Model S in the very near future.

    Photo 2013-05-14 09.49.27 PM.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted a gray performance valet parked at universal studios in Florida tonight. If memory serves correctly, it was VIN 3304
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Two keeping warm in Alaska�

    5y3a7e6e.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    saw my first red in the wild today. And three greys.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A black (I think!) P85 showed up in the Union Square garage in Seattle. I finally have company!

    image-1.jpeg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    A Roadster in the wild in Anchorage, AK:

    y4a4epag.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Whoops! My bad� I was so excited to see another Tesla in Alaska.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Finally! 1st one in the wild- 8:15A on I-215, the belt route. Blue, low-slung & beautiful, then it was gone. In my feeble effort to catch up, I actually attracted the attention of a cop! Oh great! But police around here don't pull you over on the frwy, just HPs. ML
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Not completely random, mine next to another at work
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Nice work.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Driving north on I15 today saw a truck full of new Teslas heading south in Salt Lake City. I'm surprised I kept my car on the road.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted two different brown Model S in Potomac, MD today; DC car turned off before pic taken, but we followed this guy for a bit [in our van :frown:].

    Photo 2013-05-19 05.59.45 PM.jpg
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Last Friday , I saw one parked at a restaurant across from my wife's office. I went and parked behind it to photograph two in Parker, The next day I saw two more. That is a lot in the small town of Parker
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Nice photos! I have yet to see one in the wild in Fort Worth. I'm sure that will change once everyone sees mine. :cool:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Since I got my blue P85 in Jan I've seen one Silver MS in Fredericksburg VA and a White P85 in Alexandria VA. Hoping to see more...
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Spotted in the Northampton, MA parking garage:

    IMG_0237.JPG

    Spotted in Needham, MA:

    IMG_0243.JPG

    I'm seeing more and more Models S's up here in the northeast. I think I've seen 7 total now :smile:
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Caught a glimpse of a multi-coat red heading west on the Capital Beltway near Bethesda, MD this morning. My first red sighting in the wild not counting the Get Amped tour or Service Center sightings.
  • 1/1/2015
    guest
    Saw a 85 at chase in Allen, Tx today.
    uploadfromtaptalk1369246596717.jpg
    Of course that is my sig parked close by.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét