Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 1, 2017

What Would You Put in Your S? part 1

  • May 19, 2013
    bonnie
    Dogs? Check. Kids with sticky hands? Check.

    What have you put in your Model S that will make others on the forum shudder at their keyboard? C'mon. Spill it.
  • May 19, 2013
    yobigd20
    Well, today I need to fill up a Red Gasoline Container and rent some Landscaping hardware. "Syke"...I'm totally using my wife's SUV for that. I don't want my S smelling like gas and grass....
  • May 19, 2013
    Tempus
    6 year old after baseball practice in the rain... Need to go look up the thread on leather cleaners. *grin*.

    Also thrown bikes in the back (always amazing how much room there is in there) but the boy always seems to win the messiest award.
  • May 19, 2013
    DEinspanjer
    Kids with sticky hands are still forbidden as well as open food containers. Now allowed are open drink containers for adults, and water thermoses for kids.

    The soccer girl is sometimes a bit of a mess, but that is allowed (we got the rubber well mat from a kind TMC person).

    Probably the scariest thing is putting a small bike in the trunk well and a larger kids bike standing up on the rear floor leaning against the seats. That is how we get to the park for riding. The kids are a *little* cramped but they don't complain about the short trip.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • May 19, 2013
    teslasguy
    Dogs. Check. Baseball gear for the grandkids. Check. Taking Mr. Outsider himself for a ride and lunch. Check. :scared:
    I'd heard such terrible things about him, like he's just soooo "despicable"! :tongue:
  • May 19, 2013
    bonnie
    OMG. You let 'him' in your car???
  • May 19, 2013
    SwedishAdvocate
  • May 19, 2013
    Krugerrand
    I can see it now, new Model S Option called Grandma's Package, $1500: Heavy duty seat-shaped plastic. Comes in opaque, tan or white.
  • May 19, 2013
    Arnold Panz
    Rear-facing seats have been a godsend. Post-baseball-practice with dirty cleats? In the back! One kid not finished with his ice cream cone and the other one crying to go home? In the back! I'm still pretty anal about the first two rows, but its anything goes back there, out of necessity.
  • May 19, 2013
    AnOutsider
    Took my son to the park last week, then let him ride shotgun home all muddy. The S was unamused


    I did let you keep your soul
  • May 19, 2013
    NigelM
    Shouldn't this thread be called "What do/did you put in your S?"
  • May 19, 2013
    bonnie
    Aren't you a mod?
  • May 19, 2013
    kevincwelch
    I posted this one some time ago...
  • May 19, 2013
    wycolo
    At the annual high school girls car wash I hope to arrive when they have the max # of girls there. Then have them all climb aboard, the wetter the better. :cool:

    See how many ModelS can hold. Yes, video or it didn't happen.
    --
  • May 19, 2013
    bonnie
    Awkward.
  • May 19, 2013
    youlikeadajuice

  • May 19, 2013
    Discoducky
    We change diapers in the back seat! :scared: :eek: Proper safety protocols are used and a hazmat team is always standing by!

    infant in model s.PNG
  • May 19, 2013
    Plug Me In
    I put about 10 bags of topsoil and mulch in the back of mine. A guy walked by and said "I've never seen anybody load dirt in a car that nice before".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hey Kevin, how long was that 2x6? I need to replace one on my back deck and was curious if it would fit in the S. Nervous of course about ramming it into the touch screen.
  • May 19, 2013
    ModelS8794
    Just borrowed a power washer from a buddy. Gas powered. laid it down nice and flat in the trunk.
    ok, the gas tank was bone dry, but i probably would have taken it even if it wasn't.

    Had my in-laws 160lb Bull Mastiff in the back too. Needed a full detail after that one.
  • May 19, 2013
    ElSupreme
    I work out of a trailer on a client's site. I have put some awful smelling garbage in my car. And in my previous GTI I never did that. Granted I had a roof rack, so the trash went up on the roof.

    I plan on putting a couple bags of soil, and some sod in my car if it will ever stop raining on the weekends where I live.
  • May 19, 2013
    kevincwelch
    I believe each was 8 feet long.

    I used pads all around. Honestly, it wasnt that worrisome driving on the back roads.

    Sent via Tapatalk HD
  • May 19, 2013
    Zextraterrestrial
    I put gas in my frunk in a new 2 gallon container, no smell

    bought a bunch of 10 foot pvc pieces yesterday
    previously -
    10 foot lodge poles for staking + bamboo poles
    dirt
    stack of 8' 2"x4"s
    2 full sized free bicycles off the curb(that really need to go to scrap metal!)
    a fireplace
    dogs of course - but they are the messiest of all!

    oh and 3 lbs of bees (that pooped on my rear floor carpet:eek:)
  • May 19, 2013
    Lloyd
    300 lbs of ground meat on the way to the freezer.
  • May 19, 2013
    dflye
    Bicycles, 10' lumber, propane tank and portable tailgating grill, 16' folding ladder, wet/muddy dog, innumerable bags of dog poo after walking the dog, you know -- the usual stuff!

    But I think the biggest mess so far was from taking son's friend home after stopping at Goodberry's to get ice cream for them... somewhere along the way one of them lost track of a huge scoop that melted behind them by the time we arrived. At least the leather seemed to hold up and it didn't sneak into any seams or seat belt mechanisms that I could tell.
  • May 19, 2013
    NigelM
    Isn't there a photo somewhere of a surf board in the back of a Model S? I think it was one of the Hawaii owners.
  • May 19, 2013
    AudubonB
    Well, both Aurora and Borealis will be regular passengers in my S...when it arrives....

    and if you'd like to know what they look like, you should google me / our location / our website....both of them, particularly Borealis, are pretty famous (a lot more than me!). When the AK state legislature named the Alaska Malamute as the Official State Dog a few years ago, Borealis was chosen as the Poster Child for the breed. But it's his sister Aurora who does 90% of the shedding!

    I should probably throw a few pix of them up on the "dogs" thread that's floating around here somewhere. I've had malamutes for over 30 - maybe 35 - years now, and, while every one always is special, these two are beyond description in their demeanor, attitude, looks and full frontal goofiness.

    Shop Vac, anyone? Maybe a 50000 cfm air compressor? ;)
  • May 19, 2013
    yobigd20
    hah - did the same thing today with grass seed and fertilizer. LOL.

    see pic below, 2x6x10' fits just fine...

    Putting them straight like that would worry me that they'd smash the center console if you brake hard enough. I catacorner'd some 2x6x10' a few weeks ago. Those wouldn't fit straight anyway, but if they were 8' I'd still not want them pointing directly at the console...

    936931_10151847903890828_1690037600_n.jpg
  • May 19, 2013
    brianman
    I put orange cones in my S today. :)
  • May 19, 2013
    ChadS
    In the grill and fender wells?
  • May 19, 2013
    brianman
    Nope. In the trunk after the event. :)

    I drove clean today (lapping). I knocked over one cone officially, but none that me and my instructor can recall.

    Yesterday I knocked over quite a few (sometimes "intentionally" to know the limits of me+car+course), but generally wasn't bad. I never "transported" a cone though in the grill, wheels, or otherwise.
  • May 20, 2013
    bcimae
    I have gone to home depot an filled it with all kinds of stuff
  • May 20, 2013
    kevincwelch
    I put a car seat in my car today...without seat protection. (Killin' it!)
  • May 20, 2013
    AnOutsider
    Ours was in without the protector for a while. I'm not usually one to fuss over my interior, but it did hurt a little seeing what the car seat did to the leather. Put the protector right back in.
  • May 20, 2013
    wycolo
    @youlikeadajuice:

    No No, not John Waters!! Think Benny Hill. BH is a "clean" old man! :wink:
  • May 20, 2013
    bonnie
    Still awkward.
  • May 20, 2013
    dflye
    I think I misspent enough of my youth watching BH to safely say that even when he was cast in a role for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I wouldn't call him a *clean* old man!
  • May 20, 2013
    Falcon5
    Our Newfoundland Dog rode in the back seat during our 1200 mile road trip in a hammock seat cover. Now, we fold the seats down and he fits much better. There is enough room for 2 big dogs back there.
  • May 20, 2013
    JohnQ
    Indeed, but I didn't know the song was called "Yakety Sax." Learn something new everyday (though it was a painful way to learn it).
  • May 20, 2013
    Lyon
    Dogs, kids with drinks (closed containers), takeout food, stuff from the hardware store... basically anything I need to pickup that doesn't require ton's of space.

    For really truly smelly/dirty jobs we still have the Suburban though.
  • May 21, 2013
    wycolo
    > [What Would You Put in Your S?] = thread title
    > Awkward. [bonnie 1194]

    > Shouldn't this thread be called "What do/did you put in your S?" [NigelM]

    Ok, now I see where I hit the soft shoulder and veered horribly out of control. Sirens of Charybdis at work here. Damn those Sirens!
    --
  • May 21, 2013
    clea
    I had to go to the gas station for the first time for a refill the other day ...

    WP_20130504_002.jpg

    they fit perfectly in the lower mini trunk.
  • May 24, 2013
    bluefuego
    ugh! My husband has been making trips to our local park (as part of our catch and release program) to release some field mice (voles) that we have been trapping. So mouse in trap baited with pb and cheerios - all in a plastic grocery bag... but still he didn't want to take the 12 year old volvo.
  • May 24, 2013
    brianman
    "That sounds tasty!" (says my inner child.)
  • May 29, 2013
    JohnQ
    While I don't have a picture of them in the trunk, we hosted four baby chicks from my daughter's class. I chose to drive gingerly.

    Ellie & Grace with Chicks.jpg
  • May 29, 2013
    brianman
    I've never had Ginger Duck before.
  • May 30, 2013
    JohnQ
    Has my car now been christened with a name? It is a redhead ...
  • May 31, 2013
    brianman
    Heh. That wasn't my intent. Note the underlines I've added to my previous post. :)
  • May 31, 2013
    JohnQ
    No, I got the wordplay ... just that I believe that someone other than the owner must name a car. Just like I can't decide my own nickname, it has to be given. Unfortunately, "Ginger Duck" doesn't really work for me.

    On a side note, I'm sure you've experienced the phenomenon where you look at or say a word too often and it starts to lose its meaning. That was happening to me with the word 'gingerly' when I reread this thread. Turns out there is a phrase (actually, several) to describe that: "semantic satiation." Just a random bit of information for a Friday.
  • May 31, 2013
    kevincwelch
    72 inch storage cabinet?

    No problem.

    uploadfromtaptalk1370011106976.jpg

    Sent via Tapatalk.
  • May 31, 2013
    brianman
    I wasn't intending to name the car. Besides, I'd reserve "Duck" for the hovercraft model.
  • May 31, 2013
    Gee-Man
    The first weekend I got my MS, I needed to haul a bunch of old paint cans to the local hazardous materials dump center, and my wife's SUV was already in use. So I loaded up years of old paint from our garage into the trunk (after putting down plastic liner, of course!), and was astounded to see how much could actually fit back there. I knew it was a lot of room, but it's something else to see it in action. I didn't even put the seats down and managed to fit three 5-gallon drums, plus 24 1-gallon cans, plus other associated smaller paint cans. And there was still room for a lot more.


    Tesla paint load.jpg
  • May 31, 2013
    webguy
    Hot coffee is just about the "messiest" thing I've put in my S, so far :)
  • May 31, 2013
    Aussie
    A toilet.
  • Jun 1, 2013
    kevincwelch
    Functioning?
  • Jun 2, 2013
    olanmills
    I eat fast food in my car, but I'm pretty careful.
  • Jun 2, 2013
    Aussie
    Yes.
  • Jun 6, 2013
    AnOutsider
    A week or so ago I put a generator and power washer in. Today, I loaded a 70" TV which I thought was going to have to go in on an angle:

    2013-06-06 17.51.49.jpg

    Sometimes... you just gotta love this car.
  • Jun 6, 2013
    brianman
    What kind of range do you get with all 3 of those running?
  • Jun 9, 2013
    Soflason
  • Jun 11, 2013
    ElSupreme
    Here is another lumber picture. I built a 1/2 wall last night. Also some groceries.

    4@ 2x4"x8'
    2@ 2x4x10'

    WP_20130610_004.jpg
  • Jun 11, 2013
    kevincwelch
    Nice. 10 footers....25, and three tons on 'em.

    Sent via Tapatalk.
  • Jun 11, 2013
    Alpha
    When did they stop putting chrome on the top of the back bumper? Mine has black plastic instead. The chrome sure looks nicer...
  • Jun 11, 2013
    kevincwelch
    Really?

    I have VIN 4293 (I think) and have chrome.

    Sent via Tapatalk.
  • Jun 11, 2013
    Alpha
    Could it have something to do with the rear facing seats? Maybe the black plastic will wear better with the foot traffic of the little ones...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sorry about hijacking the thread (although I am showing what I put in my Model S!)
    Here's a shot of the black plastic... blackplasticbumper.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think it's just as simple as being a victim of one of the many cost cutting measures :frown:
  • Jun 11, 2013
    brianman
    Been discussed before...
    Metal vs Plastic inside rear hatch...?
  • Jun 12, 2013
    Ting Louie
    I used my Model S to move, filled the trunk with small furniture (coffee table, lamps etc) and folded the back seats and put a bunch of Rubbermaid bins :)
  • Jun 13, 2013
    derekt75
    I found you can fit a dishwasher in the car and still shut the back.
    I needed to remove the cover for the low end of the trunk, as it wouldn't shut with the dishwasher flat.
  • Oct 1, 2013
    shark
    IMG_2124.jpg IMG_1953.jpg

    with the minivan gone, the tandem bike is on its way to be shipped after being sold.
  • Oct 1, 2013
    JohnQ
    Hadn't tried to slide our tandem in ... you give me hope!
  • Oct 1, 2013
    yobigd20
  • Oct 1, 2013
    shark
    The tandem in the S unfortunately leaves very little room for a passenger. My 10 yr old insisted on squeezing into the front passenger seat. Plenty room for 2 adults and 1 kid and bikes for all.
  • Oct 1, 2013
    JohnQ
    My 7 year old daughter usually rides with me. We like to head to the beach on the LI Sound but it's 30 miles each way. She's a bundle of energy on the way there (and it's mostly downhill). The ride back is brutal. She's not helping much and I'm lugging an extra 50 lbs or so up the hills. Nice to park halfway and have a shorter ride. I avoid driving the minivan at all costs but it has the rack. Might try slipping it into the S this weekend.
  • Oct 1, 2013
    purplewalt
    I folded the rear seats down, laid a large flat piece of sturdy cardboard on the trunk deck floor, folded my lawnmower's handles down, lifted it in and drove it to the service center to have it looked at/serviced.

    The MS may be the "Swiss-Army Knife" of cars, as it does almost anything and everything I ask of it.

    Large (tall) full-size mums from Costco, large boxes of all sizes.
    So far, NO job is too big or small for it.
    I probably will be hauling some trees and shrubs in it soon enough for Fall planting.
  • Oct 1, 2013
    leilanimunter
    Nope! Anything smelly goes in the frunk!!!
  • Nov 8, 2015
    youlikeadajuice
    Logs? ;)

    IMG_4033.jpg
  • Nov 8, 2015
    mobe
    30 x 60" mirrors fit perfectly.
  • Nov 8, 2015
    ohmman
    Awake, old thread! Awake and update us.

    How about.. anything that doesn't fit in my MX? Too soon? Just a joke, everyone calm down.
  • Nov 8, 2015
    AudubonB
    I'm too kind to all of you to have photographed this, but yesterday I transported....14 gallons of.....used diesel motor oil....in the Model S, en route to the recycling center.
  • Nov 8, 2015
    1208
    Next time pour it into containers, don't transport it loose in the car. :biggrin:
  • Nov 8, 2015
    AudubonB
    Duly noted. Ya think 50 gallons of Spot Remover might be in order?
  • Nov 8, 2015
    1208
    And lots of elbow grease.
  • Nov 9, 2015
    Chipper
    You want to add grease to the oil???
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét