Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 1, 2017

First Delivery Date for a 70D part 1

  • Mar 11, 2016
    Oloron
    Figured I'd add a poll to mirror the 90D poll...
  • Mar 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    I already made one: Poll: Delivery Start for 70D's

    But I suppose we can have another newer one as delivery kicks off. But now I am in the 90D club!
  • Mar 11, 2016
    Oloron
    Oops! I did a quick look and didn't see yours!
  • Mar 11, 2016
    Uncle Paul
    Just got a email from Tesla saying my X70 is scheduled for mid summer.
  • Mar 12, 2016
    Oloron
    Well, here's hoping for late summer!
  • Mar 14, 2016
    masam
    Question for those of you who have configured a 70D - Is the price difference between a base 70D and a base 90D around the same as that for the Model S ? (~$13k)
  • Mar 14, 2016
    Oloron
    If I remember correctly, the difference is $15.5k because the air suspension is a required upgrade for the 90s. ($13k + $2.5k)
  • Mar 14, 2016
    masam
    Thanks Oloron!
  • Apr 2, 2016
    ssq
    If I may ask, what's your reservation number and when did you confirm? I confirmed my X70D on March 4th, trying to figure when to expect delivery
  • Apr 2, 2016
    Merrill
    I confirmed 1/17/16 and have not heard anything.
  • Apr 2, 2016
    ssq
    Ahh.. maybe September then.. *sigh*
  • Apr 3, 2016
    gmtom1
    When I got the upgrade call from TM, the representative said I would probably get my 70 in September/October. I also confirmed my X order on March 4th.
  • Apr 3, 2016
    ssq
    Doesn't Sept/Oct seems unrealistically late, given the ramp up now. My serial number was 16,xxx and I assume many must have cancelled since 2012, bringing my actual # in line to perhaps 12k..10 months to produce 13k cars when current ramp is speculated to be in solid shape and improving going forward doesnt sound right.
  • Apr 3, 2016
    K-MTG
    I am still waiting for a VIN on my 90D, the last assignments were on March 11
  • Apr 4, 2016
    Brandon332
    I ordered a 70D on January 28 and it confirmed early Feb. It's fully loaded with everything other than the air suspension and the fancy wood trim. I absolutely can't wait. No idea when deliveries will start, but I know it is based partly on 2 things: 1) Number of options (most specifically # of seats & whether or not the premium package is included) and 2) proximity to The Fremont CA factory. I know this from forums and what Tesla has told me. Baffling to me, the ModelXTracker says that only around 8% of reservations are for the 70D. Most people on forums talk about the 90D, but I don't understand why ~30 more miles of charge and air suspension is worth $15,500 more Does that 8% seem low to people? Thoughts on if this is correct or not?
  • Apr 4, 2016
    beths11
    I too am going to order a 70D. I agree $15,500 for options I don't want and 30 more miles is a bit steep. I am waiting to order until they can give more specific dates about 70D delivery, especially since it can't be delayed. I migrate south for 6 months starting in Oct. It would be very difficult to fly home to a cold, rainy climate to take delivery in Nov or Dec. and since I have no option to delay I have no option but to fly home. The wide range of delivery dates may force me to wait and take delivery May 2017. I'll be home for the summer and have some flexibility and Tesla will hopefully be building and shipping cars in 6 week from order time periods.
  • Apr 4, 2016
    ssq
    OK I hold the same opinion as you guys about not willing to pay 15.5k more for 30 miles of range, even though it may impact resale value. I don't have a need for long road trips to mandate that range either. I am putting that saved money towards a model 3. I also have an inkling that these 70D orders may be upgraded to 80/85 kWh as Tesla moves battery capacity up a notch across the board. I also recall Elon being a little less specific when asked about lower cost Model X back in the day. He said "yes Tesla will offer a lower cost version with something like..mmm.. perhaps a 70kWh version". That made me think there is a possibility of a higher low-end battery capacity, more so since S70D has been shipping for a while and therefore his hesitation was a bit interesting.
    Now then they announced today that X ramped up to 750/week, and 2400 X's have been delivered. So assuming the worst case of absolutely no cancellations my 169XX 70D should be done by August! Thoughts?
  • Apr 4, 2016
    ssq
    Forgot to add modelxtracker data seems to be biased towards Sig reservations all of which are mandated to be 90kwH. It's lacking a large number of non Sig reservation data too.
  • Apr 5, 2016
    Brandon332
    @sqq you have a vin already? When did you get it?
  • Apr 5, 2016
    ssq
    No I don't, sorry if my response was confusing. My reservation queue (order of reserving, the old number before RN came in) was 169XX. Essentially I placed the 16,9XXth X reservation, which roughly translates into order of priority in delivery, well kind of.. since Tesla is prioritizing 90Ds first for even new reservations.. :/
  • Apr 5, 2016
    Librae
    August seems reasonable. The guy from inside sales said my 70D would be ready by November (reservation 178xx) which, filtered through my salesman bullshit translator, means August. Since he successfully convinced me to upgrade, I guess I'll never know.
  • Apr 5, 2016
    K-MTG
    I was told end of summer/early fall for the 70D but he convinced me to upgrade so I did to the 90D and was told mid-April but I still do not have a VIN
  • Apr 6, 2016
    vandacca
    I doubt you'll get a VIN before they have the newly designed sunscreen finished.:D
  • Apr 6, 2016
    K-MTG
    Got a VIN this morning!!! 57xx, I don't know if I am more excited to get the X or the sunshade
  • Apr 6, 2016
    ssq
    yohoo!! Congrats! 57xx is a pretty high number don't you think, they must be skipping a lot of VINs I think.. i doubt if that many Xs have been made so far.
  • Apr 6, 2016
    K-MTG
    Yea but they could build them out of order since I got premium and I am in SoCal but I rather wait a bit so I don't have any build issues
  • Apr 6, 2016
    ssq
    Agreed, if I may ask, was your reservation serial number (not RN) anywhere close to your VIN, albeit a big higher than the VIN. I am tyring to understand if they assigned VINs to all confirmed reservations (=orders) and then producing the Xs in order of margin (P90DL > P90D > 90D loaded > 70D loaded > 70D mid...)
  • Apr 6, 2016
    K-MTG
    It was like 21142
  • Apr 6, 2016
    ssq
    Oh wow ! they have really gone deep and wide to aggregate all 90Ds. I am at 16,9xx with a 70D and nothing yet. Tempted to upgrade but the 30 miles for 15.5k argument is not working out :(
    Happy for you that you are getting yours early, thats awesome!
  • Apr 6, 2016
    K-MTG
    Yea, I initially ordered the 70D in January but didn't have enough patience so ultimately upgraded to the 90D in early March
  • Apr 6, 2016
    jason1466
    To be exact, 37 miles if that makes it any easier to swallow :) Seriously, I debated until the last hour of my confirmation week. I justified the 90D after test driving an X P90D in 90D mode. I didn't want to regret the acceleration loss, but maybe no biggie for some. Also, I thought I didn't need the Air Suspension, but then thought how nice to have for snow on untreated driveways and maybe other similar road clearance situations. The ability to tow an actual trailer if needed for dirty yard stuff et all was the final selling point for Air Susp, and after that only 13K more for range and speed better then any car I have ever owned.
  • Apr 6, 2016
    K-MTG
    I made similar points in my mind when I decided to upgrade
  • Apr 6, 2016
    ssq
    All valid reasons to justify the upgrade. I live in sunny San Diego and have a newborn which means I have gone full-on conservative in my driving style and it probably will stay that way for some time now. No more zipping around (sold my BMW Z4).. and I dont do road trips (that often and usually rent for that) and I do not foresee ever having the need to tow. I'm still not regretting not upgrading, except the painful wait!

    Edit: Also, 15.5k is still worth a lot more than my patience :D. I wish I cross that barrier soon, which will be super awesome! I have a 3 on reservation and the money saved here pays for the 3 as our backup car replacing our last ICE we would have ever had.
  • Apr 6, 2016
    jason1466
    @ssq, very valid counter points. I laughed recalling this lead footed driver, and private pilot who likes ground speed, on my first drives with our new born a few years ago, got honked at driving so slow on normal surface streets. Not sure when exactly, but it wears away with time, and now the only thing that keeps me from being too dangerous is a 4 cylinder engine, uh oh.
  • Apr 6, 2016
    ssq
    On a related note, are you all secretly wishing that Tesla announces a 90=>100 and 70=>80/85 upgrade for all(free of cost) due to improved battery chemistry and lowered costs to produce the batteries (GF reference). I would be ecstatic if that happens.
    The P100D is almost certain to happen, hence my speculation of this capacity-move-up across the board. Actually I think there is no 90D, its a 100D which Tesla is claiming as a 90D to keep range and performance expectations baselined on the larger/heavier X, until they have it proven to perform to optimum range and performance.
    Or.. maybe I need to stop dreaming too much. Elon has been the Santa Claus of cars for sure!
  • Apr 6, 2016
    Nick123
    so you have a VIN no with 70 D order? How many 70 D owner has assigned VIN no?
    I was told by Tesla today that production will start in second half of year(uncertain) and then I will be assigned a VIN.
  • Apr 6, 2016
    ssq
    Sorry if I confused you, 169xx is my reservation serial number (position in queue of reserving). I do not have a VIN yet.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    ptsagcy
    @K-MTG - Why the excitement about the sunshade? I've had my X for 2 months and have yet to even open it up, except initially to see what it looked like. Haven't had a need for it. Maybe that'll change this Summer, but the upper windshield is pretty heavily tinted. Driving to Orlando in a few days so we'll see down there.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    K-MTG
    Take a look at Bjorn's recent video:
  • Apr 7, 2016
    ohmman
    Yeah, I can't see needing it either. The bigger concern is the side windows - those need something like Crystalline 70.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    vandacca
    I see AutoPilot facilitating a lot more Tesla videos on YouTube/Vimeo. :cool:
  • Apr 8, 2016
    Tslacg
    Bjorn's video sounds like there is considerably more wind and road noise from the x. I've read it wa more, but sounds significantly greater. Can any early model s owners that have since had more recent model s builds compare the drop in noise? Do we expect later version of the x to be quieter, or is this a cause of the panorama windshield?
  • Apr 8, 2016
    K-MTG
    Watch his previous video regarding wind noise, he said it is fine. His boom mike just picks up more noise
  • Apr 8, 2016
    ohmman
    The noise in my X is not much greater than in my early 2014 S. More noticeable is the front motor whine, as I have a single motor in my S. It's fine - I think some people have seal issues on earlier cars. Still, it's a broader, heavier vehicle so it's going to have some wind noise. Road noise should be reduced with 20" wheels over 22s.
  • Apr 9, 2016
    Tslacg
    Great to hear on the wind noise. Sounds like it will continue to improve.

    The motor whine on the 90D is quite noticeable. Especially if you can find the constant wh input that corresponds with the start of the whine. Switching on and off between range mode really highlights the whine.

    I've only had experience with the awd model s, but would love to hear the near silent effect on a rwd.

    Don't get me wrong, it's a shockingly quiet car, but in awd the whine is very real, and quite annoying at the right pitch. I'm hoping it can be fixed in an ota sometime soon.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    MarkoC
    So now that they have upgraded the 70's to 75 I see the change reflected in the specs on my order. Definitely happy about that. Additionally they are saying June deliveries for new 75 orders. What does that mean for those of us who have already ordered? In my case my order was confirmed in January.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    jason1466
    Does it show the $3000 base price increase on your existing order? 70D base was 80K, now 83K for 75D
  • Apr 12, 2016
    ohmman
    I have to assume you'll be ahead of new orders. And I'm hopeful you get the upgrade gratis since you already confirmed at the other price.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    Oloron
    Certainly implies June delivery.

    Technically, the new 75D orders should be a little more profitable for Tesla, but most likely not enough for them to justify delaying reserved customers.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    Oloron
    I now show a 75D, but with the original pricing. There was a comment in another thread from someone who called Tesla and they confirmed existing orders would get the $80k base price.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    SMSMD
    Post # 7
    Model X Design Studio Now Open
  • Apr 12, 2016
    MarkoC
    No price increase me, it's the same price as my confirmed order in January.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    MarkoC
    Well I certainly expect to be ahead of new orders, especially since my reservation was almost 3.5 years ago. I'm just wondering how soon they will start producing the 75 Xs.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    ssq
    Very excited, speculated the capacity increase in this thread earlier, well not as high as 80 but 75 would do. More excited since the design page shows June deliveries which has to apply for NEW orders, isn't it? Which in turn means all 70/75D orders get delivered before June!
  • Apr 12, 2016
    ohmman
    I'm extremely happy for those holding 70D orders. This is a nice bonus - I think it makes the range much more comfortable as well. I know many of you didn't plan on longer road trips or whatever, but I am happy there's more breathing room regardless. Slightly faster bottom end Supercharging, earlier delivery.. and all of it at the same original price!
  • Apr 12, 2016
    Brandon332
    I called and they confirmed free upgrade. They also told me a delivery date of "Late June to July" for 75D models, but that it could be earlier June also if the factory is going well.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    fengshui
    Given past history, I expect they'll move heaven and earth to get as many of these deliveries completed in June to count them in Q2.
  • Apr 12, 2016
    ohmman
    Yes, Tesla's delivery schedule looks something like this (note, not a real chart):
    Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 11.15.39 AM.png
  • Apr 12, 2016
    ssq
    Is anybody enquiring with their DS about potential change (pull in) on 70D delivery dates, since the X design studio shows June delivery for new orders.
  • Apr 13, 2016
    asdfasdf
    my DS told me he has 0 insight into delivery date (i confirmed my 70d in Feb)
  • Apr 14, 2016
    wang5150
    ModelXTracker site shows a Production 75D in Assembly date of 2016-04-09 but there's no VIN filled in. Not sure if this was a mistake made by the user.
  • Apr 14, 2016
    Oloron
    Interesting - it now has a VIN (5887). Curious if it's real or a mistake, though.
  • Apr 14, 2016
    fengshui
    Seriously. I also wonder what other options it has. X75D is the only model with available coil suspension. Does that create a delay in delivery?
  • Apr 14, 2016
    Oloron
    I took a look. Fairly standard options (6 seats, white seats, Autopilot, air suspension, towing option) Nothing that would make it an obvious a mistake like a 75D with Ludicrous.
  • Apr 14, 2016
    wang5150
    @Oloron remember to update your signature to X75D... "free" upgrade. Apparently X70D never existed. ModelXTracker has already updated every 70D to now say 75D. :)
  • Apr 14, 2016
    K-MTG
    It could be just someone that downgraded from a 90D after getting a VIN
  • Apr 14, 2016
    jason1466
    New forum feature to add... Intercom: Would the owner of VIN 5887 please report to this thread. We have a few questions for you. :)
  • Apr 14, 2016
    Oloron
    @wang5150 Thanks for the reminder. Fixed and converted the code into English. :)
  • Apr 14, 2016
    ssq
    Hi all, I just wanted to provide an updated after talking to my DS. I was told that I could expect to have the X delivered late June, this was the result of questioning the June delivery date listed on the design studio. I'm hopeful ...
  • Apr 15, 2016
    gfb107
    When did your order confirm? What's your configuration?
  • Apr 15, 2016
    dropd
    ^^^^ This.

    It's mine, I was assigned a VIN for my 90D order, and then subsequently downgraded to 75D. The original VIN still remains on my MyTesla page for the vehicle so all the data in the tracker site is accurate.
  • Apr 15, 2016
    Merrill
    I reserved 6/14 10777 confirmed 1/17/16 but did 5 seats, it would be interesting to know info from ssq.
  • Apr 15, 2016
    MarkoC
    Interesting. I reserved 12/12 and my order confirmed on 1/14/16. I got the six seater with most options except for the premium package and audio upgrade. Hopefully it happens in June for me.
  • Apr 15, 2016
    wang5150
    ModelXTracker site now shows a second 75D assigned a VIN (0613X). I guess some of us 75D'ers will get ours soon!
  • Apr 15, 2016
    ssq
    I'll add my config to my signature. I had reserved in Aug 2015 Serial number 16,XXX, confirmed March 4th 2016, 75D, 6 seats, non premium. Again, I must repeat take the June delivery with a grain of salt, it was the result of me debating hard about why the website lists June for new 75D orders. But another little nugget worth mentioning is the DS said, "things should start moving in 2-3 weeks and then would be a good time to look for financing options"
  • Apr 15, 2016
    dropd
    After switching my 90D to a 75D this week, all my DS will say to me is the old "we are shipping 75D in the second half of this year", despite the public configurator saying "June" for new 75D orders. Since I'm now behind (presumably, anyway) all the other original 70D orders that have accrued since last year, I'm prepared for a wide range of delivery dates from June through September.
  • Apr 15, 2016
    Tgibson
    SSQ - Thank you for your recent posts. I reserved in November 2012 (res # 1,9XX), configured and ordered a 70D non-premium in December, and like you am thrill to get the 75D upgrade gratis. Here's hoping we don't get jumped by new orders and in fact see our cars in June.
  • Apr 15, 2016
    ssq
    You are welcome, I share your excitement! And new orders jumping ours? Hello NO! :) That's not going to happen for all pragmatic and fair reasons.
    Your reservation number is way low, I bet yours would be one of the first batch of 75Ds and I predict you my get your car by late June.
    On some more thinking about the June date on the website while wearing the Elon SpaceTime fabric Hat - I think it implies 75D starts getting delivered from June (in general), it does not indicate that new orders should expect being delivered in June.
  • Apr 15, 2016
    fengshui
    I'm just a bit ahead of you, at res #17XX, with a 70/75 non-premium. I've scheduled factory pickup and talked to my DS today. He repeated the June timeframe, but couldn't give any specific data about when in June. I have my fingers crossed, although I do have coil suspension, and wouldn't be surprised if that pushed me back into July (or even August!)
  • Apr 17, 2016
    achen
    I'm just a bit ahead of you, at res #15XX made in Sep 2012, configuration of a 70D confirmed in 11/2015 (has been upgraded to 75D now). I'm hoping my order being one of the earliest 75D deliveries. Have waited long enough and the $3000 free upgrade is the only thing that made me happy so far.
  • Apr 17, 2016
    Stasla
    This one's mine :D

    Like @dropd, I downgraded from a 90D that had a VIN already assigned.

    At the time of downgrade, my DS said my 75D delivery could be between June and as late as September.

  • Apr 18, 2016
    DougH
    I was told the same thing. I am curious on why you switched from the 90 to the 75. To me, $10K for 20 more miles does not seem worth it.
  • Apr 19, 2016
    dropd
    There's an entire thread in the main forum that I started devoted to this topic, but the short answer is we were on the fence between the 70 and 90 to begin with, and the 75's increased range was the tipping point for us. We don't care at all about the acceleration or top speed, and can live with the slower supercharging rate and 20 miles less rated mileage.
  • Apr 19, 2016
    Stasla
    +1
  • Apr 21, 2016
    asdfasdf
    you guys notice that the 75d 7 seat and 6 seat now requires air suspension??
  • Apr 21, 2016
    ssq
  • Apr 21, 2016
    asdfasdf
  • May 9, 2016
    MarkoC
    Well I finally heard from my DS for the first time last week after I reached out to him. I was told that he is currently estimating a July to August delivery for my 75D. He also mentioned that no 75Ds have been slotted for production as of yet.
  • May 9, 2016
    wang5150
    Some 75D reservation holders are being offered $1250 for the Air Suspension upgrade along with a delivery in July/Aug or opt out and wait until Sept/Oct for your 75D.
  • May 9, 2016
    Oloron
    For what it's worth, I was told by the person doing the Air upgrade calls on Friday that 75D's with Air would be slated for June/July delivery. Granted, that probably means July/August in Tesla-speak.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét