Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 1, 2017

Tesla Confirms 325.000 reservations by now ! part 1

  • Apr 7, 2016
    vortexz
    The Week that Electric Vehicles Went Mainstream

    I like this last part: We would write more, but we need to get back to increasing our Model 3 production plans!

    Go go go increase production plans so we can all get our hands on the model 3 !
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Lawtq
    Double edged sword. Glad and at the same time worried about possible looooong delays
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Scott Franco
    Yea baby!
  • Apr 7, 2016
    sandpiper
    It's interesting, exciting and nothing but positive. But I'm betting on a less than 50% conversion of reservations to orders. They should be a little bit careful about overdoing it.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Bimbels
    If it is only 50% conversion that is still impressive. That said, anyone who cancels their reservation before part 2 would be foolish, IMO. And if part 2 lives up to the hype, I think 50% would be a low guess. :)
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Lawtq
    50% its way too high a number. Of course some will drop out but not a half! But even if you're correct that's still an impressive amount. If they can get production right then tesla will have started the true death of ICE cars

    Can't believe this could happen in my lifetime
  • Apr 7, 2016
    vortexz
    all those who made the reservation made it for a reason, THEY WANT THE CAR! the bail out will be less than 15 %, and will only happen in extreme reasons
  • Apr 7, 2016
    sandpiper
    I agree that this week has probably precipitated the end of the ICE vehicle - if for no other reason than that the rest of the ICE builders have been watching this circus, probably with mouths hanging agape in disbelief. Tesla will almost certainly hit a half a billion dollars in deposits before the year is out. I guarantee you that the Blackberry/iPhone analogy is front and center of a lot of boardroom discussions right now.

    In many way, it doesn't even matter if Tesla succeeds in getting this car out. You do not want to be a top exec at an auto-builder right now, explaining to the share-holders that you think that EVs are a flash in the pan. You would be crucified. The automakers have no choice but to get on with the show. EVs are going to become mainstream. The horses are out of the barn, running wild, and they're not going to go back in.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    sandpiper
    No... $1000 is a small refundable deposit. There are a lot of people who want the car now, but circumstances will prevent them from taking delivery. Others will get frustrated at the wait and bail. And a certain % of the reservations are going to be MS owners and other supporters who have placed multiple reservations just to support the company and the vision. Heck, in 4 years, statistically 6-7% of the people who placed reservations will be dead! :)

    Anyway... not trying to take away from what's happened.. I'm just trying to be realistic.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    pmich80
    As someone with chronic injuries and pains i joked with my coworkers that i'd probably be dead by the time the car comes out. LOL.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    S?XY P100D
    Uhh... I'm willing to buy that silver prototype. I don't need to wait another 2 years! :p
  • Apr 7, 2016
    vjason
    The market could punish their stock big time if they cant commit to a delivery schedule and maintain it, regardless of how many they actually produce the first few quarters.

    I'm not saying this is fair, just that I work for a public company and I see what happens when we grow 3% instead of 5%, or heaven forbid a competitor has a bed quarter. We get punished in both cases, although it usually blows over in a few weeks.

    My opinion: Better to announce a decent delivery schedule you can meet (or even better, beat) than go into production greatly underestimating what can go wrong (I'm not saying they would do this by the way, just rambling).

    Hopefully we will hear next summer that employees are getting their cars to do the early live QA work (cars and factory itself), and that when fall rolls around they can start producing customer cars.

  • Apr 7, 2016
    malcolm
    "We're going to need a bigger boat...."
  • Apr 7, 2016
    doublejj
    Stock Market angst is another reason Tesla should stop posting backlog totals. It can only hurt at this point...
  • Apr 7, 2016
    omarsultan
    Per Elon's earlier comment, I think this will be the last update we see for a while...maybe when/if they cross 500K
  • Apr 7, 2016
    voip-ninja
    No, a lot of us made the deposit because we think we want the car. If it turns out that to get the options I want the car costs $65,000 and I'm able to test drive the car and am not suitably impressed then I don't want the car.

    Basically I paid $1,000 to hold my spot in line for eventual delivery of a car I may or may not want. I did it because if the car comes out and I do want it, I don't want to wait an extra 2+ years to get it from when production starts.

    Some of us are interested in this car simply as a comparison point with other cars that we are interested in. For me, it's going to be in contention with the new S4, the upcoming G20 BMW 3 series model which will be new in late 2018. I understand that some of you who pre-ordered are on a religious crusade to do away with ICE vehicles but many of us who made deposits are not.

    I also doubt I'm the only one who thinks this way.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    doublejj
    I think the $1000 deposit made most people more than Looky-Lou's. They have ponied up cash money to stand at this table, & most will want to play it thru.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    NC-3
    Speaking of the stock market... The so called experts are bashing the stock today because they had unrealistic expectations for pre-order numbers that Tesla would announce today. (Another reason to stop with the numbers until it is time to configure/order.)

    "With nearly 200,000 orders as of Friday (April 1), CEO Elon Musk noted that Tesla was seeing an average selling price of roughly $42,000, which, against the latest stated total, implies future revenue of $11.6 billion. Based on average demand run rates we've been seeing, we'd expect a disclosure of roughly 350,000 to 400,000 reservations potentially by Wednesday for the first full week of reservations. This would be in line with our estimates of roughly 247,000 cumulative deliveries for 2018�2020 if you assume a two-thirds conversion ratio for reservations to actual orders."
  • Apr 7, 2016
    viperboy

    I'm right there with you mentally, but did not put down a deposit. I'll be looking at the A6, Acura TLX, and plug in 5 series. I WANT a Tesla, but was unwilling to put down the money without more knowledge of the final product (options available, final cost, largest range, etc.). My thought process is that if a fully loaded 3 is 70k+, I'm going with an S, maybe a year old or inventory car. I'm hoping I don't eat my words in 2 years and need to wait for 12+ months, but I assume with Res dropouts, and me looking at a nearly fully loaded model, I'll be in the top 50k in line.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    ankitmishra
    "Increasing our Model 3 production plans". Hmm, shouldn't it be "planning to increase Model 3 production"?
  • Apr 7, 2016
    omarsultan
    This just tweeted by Elon:
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Boourns
    Depending on how many "over" 325k there were, that implies an average cost of $43k rather than $42k.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    cgiGuy
    Anyone know what he means by "low levels of speculation"?
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Boourns
    I took it to mean people who reserved the max number to flip the cars for profit.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Bimbels
    Yes, that's what he means.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    voip-ninja
    If you are interested then you should put down a deposit or you could be waiting forever. Obviously $1K is different amount of scratch to different people, but it was not any kind of financial hardship for me to tie $1K up just to hold my place in line for a car I may or may not purchase. Certainly I'd rather tie $1K up than find out I want the Model 3 and now have to wait until 2020 to get it because I didn't order until they had 500K pre-orders to work through.

    If the car is a homerun and production is slow then some people will simply take delivery of their 2nd production slot and then flip it at a $10,000 profit to someone who doesn't want to wait. I actually expect a lot of that IF the car is absolutely amazing and everyone wants it like the original iPhone.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    vortexz
    They better speed up finishing the Gigafactory, and equip the Freemont Factory to be able to produce 500k cars/year

  • Apr 7, 2016
    PTADO
    Can we somehow crowd-fund the Gigafactory? Maybe offer in our down payment amounts to be used as capital for the build to go faster then apply our pledge amount to the vehicle when it's ready to buy? It sounds ridiculous, I know, but I'd seriously consider it if there was a way to actually get things moving faster.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    doublejj
    Maybe offer a priority allocation for a $5000 non-refundable deposit to get you into the first production runs would help.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    brucet999
    Check out the reservation policy. Those reservations might be transferred to the heirs. :)
  • Apr 7, 2016
    n00bie
    the man himself says average selling price of the model 3 is roughly $42,000. We know the base price is 35K (with autopilot hardware and superchargers included), and if 42K is somewhere in the middle, so a rough 50k - 55k seems more realistic for a fully loaded Model 3. That's already 20K extra for all options.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    amb3rgris
    I don't think this takes into account what I expect will be the distribution curve for eventual selling prices. I am guessing that Elon's "average" assumes much greater numbers of lower priced models being sold, which would greatly drive down the average.

    Given historical Tesla and entry luxury car pricing, I really think a "max'ed" out M3 will exceed 55k by quite a bit. I'm guessing closer to the $70-80k range (depending on if there's a Ludicrous option offered for the 3).
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Boourns
    I think you can more than double the price of a base Model S, so I would not be surprised if a 3 with all the boxes checked creeped up near or past $70,000. Especially if the base price of the S goes up, preventing much overlap.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    SCW-Greg
    You mean this thread... ;)
    "Daimler shareholders worried over Tesla and electric carmakers"
  • Apr 7, 2016
    1000Down
    I think the first 115K are pretty rock solid. These are people who have wanted a Tesla for a long time.

    For the 215k that came after, it depends on Tesla. If they deliver on time, in numbers and close to the $35K price point, they will convert 75%. So we are talking about 275K.

    If Tesla experiences delays and has to nickel and time the buyer to get the Model 3 to a profitable price point, then conversion drops fast (40-50% after first 115K).

    I think we get something close to the first scenario.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    777dgt
    The advert for Model 3 says autopilot and supercharger hardware included. NOT that it is enabled. Remember, they are a software/tech company.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    rolosrevenge
    We just did, it's called a $1000 refundable deposit.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Blueeyedme
    Anyone know for how long current owners get priority? A current owner that makes a reservation a month from now, or six months from now - will they still get priority?
  • Apr 7, 2016
    deonb
    Not sure if it will help at this point.

    You can't make a baby in 1 month by using 9 women.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    NoPetrolDream
    What that number of reservations tells me, that even if it is in the end chopped in half, as another poster above predicted, there are as of this moment at least 325,000 people who have at least minimally considered EVs as a legitimate transportation choice for themselves.

    If Model 3 turns out to be as amazing in day to day ownership as its wow factor for drawing people to part with cash even before it was revealed, it's a knock it out of the park home run and the case for EVs not being a viable alternative to ICE is DONE. The Model S already demonstrated this on a smaller scale; now we have thousands of people who wish to commit time, money, and passion to the EV transition.

    Well done, Elon and Tesla team! :D
  • Apr 7, 2016
    S?XY P100D
    voip-ninja that's why we should all test drive the Model S as a point of reference. Hands down by far, a Tesla electric drivetrain is superior to any ICE vehicle out there. Also, if Part 2 will showcase a huge leap in car tech, which a lot of us in this forum are speculating, that alone may put these doubts to rest!

    I'm willing to gamble that even you will want this car, desperately. :D
  • Apr 7, 2016
    voip-ninja
    Perhaps you are correct!

    How can I figure out where I am in the reservation queue with only my reservation # handy?
  • Apr 7, 2016
    doublejj
    I'm retired so I have plenty of free time on my hands. I don't live too far from Freemont. As it gets closer to actual production I may start showing up at the employee entrance once a week with a box of donuts with my reservation # written inside the lid & hand them out...nobody said this was fair.:p
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Beryl
    I agree with the emboldened and I think a significant number of reservation holders with just get a new or CPO Model S after that test drive. Having owned a Model S for 4 months, I cannot imagine waiting for a Model 3 without it.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    ecarfan
    reservation numbers do not signify production order, only that you have a reservation.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    mistermonty705
    Random: Your signature is awesome. I am looking now. Right now we enjoy Virgil's . My grandfather says that he gets the limited edition 3 packs. (This is because he drinks one on the way home :rolleyes: )
  • Apr 7, 2016
    mistermonty705
    I wanted to test drive, but I know that the Model S I would REALLLYY want would be twice as much as my model 3 budget. I did not want to waste those poor guys' time. Even though they are right around the corner from me.

    I imagine it going something like this :

    Me : "Hi! I reserved a model 3. I just wanted to test drive an S"

    Tesla dude: "Oh great. Another poor fangirl"

    :(
  • Apr 7, 2016
    rolosrevenge
    Why thank you. I sometimes take road trips in Teslas, find root beers, and then write about them.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Beryl
    The salespeople I've met are gems and don't seem to think that way. Go do that test drive and report back.
  • Apr 7, 2016
    mistermonty705
    I will! If anyone has feedback on the Raleigh, NC office please let me know.

    If they're nice then this could be the beginning of a very long relationship
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Kurt Foster
    Remember, there is NO other car that has this range and looks this good.

    Tesla has literally bought up more than half of the "cheap" luxury sedan market of united states and possibly Europe.

    With that said, I do not find it suprising to see posts like the kind you have here... You still think its not possible, you still think electric vehicles are a little ways off. LOOK AT THE NUMBERS. All of these people put One Thousand dollars down! You really think after all that Tesla has been through (neared bankruptcy TWICE, built up nummi factory from nothing, got crap news coverage about teslas catching fire) after all the crap with GM and the EV1, the auto industries banking off of dealerships, dumb cars that have worked the same for 100 years, highest CO2 levels in 13 million years... After all of this, 50%!?
    Are you kidding me!?!? People have had it up to hear about gas cars. We can't take it anymore!! Id rather see the oil and gas automobile corporations crash and burn than have tesla succeed! Anyways ...:mad:
  • Apr 7, 2016
    Kurt Foster
    The tesla employees are specifically told to NOT ask you if you are buying the car. Most employees dont own teslas, and so they obviously want to ride in one!! Plus they're not worried because its the safest car on the road.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    johnny2five
    This.

    I have know if 13 people who put down deposits. 10 of them fall into this bucket...they put down the deposit for the option to buy this car in a few years.

    I think some people forget this forum is not representative of the entire population of 325k...there are a lot of people who are very intrigued by the model 3, enough so to put down a refundable $1000 deposit, but want to see how this plays out and what their transportation options are over the next couple of years.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    WarpedOne
    RN are not that granular, with geo-allocation and everything.
    So, just look at your date, is it 31, 1, 2, 3..?
    You will get an idea how many are infront and behind you.
    I'm around -100k, +225k, Europe, so I'm in for a quite a bit of waiting and salivating on YT...
  • Apr 8, 2016
    S?XY P100D
    On the contrary, TM encourages us to test drive the MS & MX. This came from their FAQ so you should go for it:

    When can I test drive Model 3?

    We will provide the opportunity to get behind the wheel of Model 3 once we begin production at the end of 2017. In the meantime, we invite you to stop by a Tesla store to experience Model S or Model X.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    sandpiper
    Yes, that's exactly what I think. $1,000 isn't much nowadays, and it's 100% refundable just for asking. That's a fairly mild commitment in my books. You've got a mix of speculators in there and people who hope to be able to afford it by then but wont be able to when the time arrives. And you've got some folks who are caught up in the hype but, when reality hits, will realize that an EV isn't going to work because of where they live or how they use it. I own a Model S and to be quite honest, the limitations are such that I couldn't own it as my only car, much as I would like to.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    sandpiper
    I'm not so sure that you'd get that response. I will bet that there are a fairly significant number of people who have signed up for the Model 3, who test drive an S on a whim, who then get really excited and decide that they can't wait 2-4 years, and who then start looking at Model S 70s or at CPO cars.

    Besides... the reps at the showroom are non-commission. And it looks good for Tesla to have a lot of people/excitement around the showroom. I encourage you to go take one for a ride. Now... I think I might tell the rep a slightly different story. I think I might say something along the line of "I've got a 3 on order, but I am seriously considering whether I want to wait 4 years and so I'm thinking about a 70.".

    The bigger risk, I would say, is that you might end up turning your white lie into reality. :) My mistake was to take a ride in my friend's P85 - having no intent other than to go for a fun ride. Sure enough, 2 weeks later I was on the Tesla website pushing "Buy" on a P85D! Riding in an S is like a shot of heroin. Be very careful because you might not be able to control what happens next! :)
  • Apr 8, 2016
    pmich80
    I'm willing to subsidize half the cost of said donuts and even coffee if you include my reservation number as well :)
  • Apr 8, 2016
    pmich80
    I just scheduled a test drive. i cant resist. I hope they don't get annoyed since i can't afford an S
  • Apr 8, 2016
    pmich80
    fair enough but i do think that the first 115,000 who reserved one sight unseen are more likely bigger fans than the average Joe and will bet that 85% of those will in turn buy the Model 3
  • Apr 8, 2016
    pmich80

    I'd be scared because I can't afford the Model S without jeopardizing my future. hahah I should disconnect my internet before I go for a test drive.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    Kurt Foster
    That makes total sence, the electric car still has a bit of work to do to get fundementally cheaper than gas cars and go more range. I see that future as in possibly the next 5 years. I say that because of the gigafactory obviously...

    What I think is happening right now is Tesla has finally gotten to the point where the Tesla Model S was for the luxury sedan market. Once the battery car gets higher range and better efficency and so on, people will start to sell off thier gas cars. But I only see that happening in the next 5-10 years.

    In fact, I live on a gravel road, so having any sedan is kind of annoying. But once I saw that mailman video, how he drives 80 miles everyday on a gravel road, and he had no problems. The model 3 seems like a no brainer.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    sandpiper
    Not a chance. You've already identified yourself as a fan, willing to drop some $$$ on an EV. Getting you into the store to look at an S is just good business. Maybe you won't buy a new S now. But... a 2013 S60 might be close to your price range. :)
  • Apr 8, 2016
    pmich80
    Don't tempt me. haha dear god i already starting looking online now.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    sandpiper
  • Apr 8, 2016
    johnny2five
    Of the 10 people I mentioned, 4 were in line at 5am. I know it's a very small sample size, but I also know of a few speculators who went on day 1 (they wasted their time IMO). I think the speculation/I-want-to-have-the-option group of people is larger than most people think.

    With that said...my guess is 60% to 70% of people will follow-through with their reservation...40% of reservations holders are fully committed, and the remaining 60%, about half will drop out.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    EVnut
    Assuming similar types of cars, I've never understood why anybody would think that an EV would be somehow worse on unimproved roads. In fact, they should be better as they have no air intake to filter and get clogged with dust, etc. What is it that folks worry about with EVs off the pavement?
  • Apr 8, 2016
    Pollux
    Anybody got data on reservation-to-actual sales rates for Model S, Model X, Roadster?

    Also: assume the "worst", a 50% take rate on Model 3 reservations. At 325K reservations as of yesterday, it's reasonable to project that they will reach at least 350K reservations before Model 3 arrives. (Honestly, I think 350K is unreasonably way way way low.) At 50%, you've got 175K reservations for a car that isn't even finished. I'm not sure what anyone is worried about in this regard: that's a stupefying number. I'm trying to remember the GM/Chevy Bolt build target... 20K units per year? Let's say 50K. So M3 at 50% reservation take rate is over 3 years of Bolt production. These are just insane numbers.

    Finally: at a 10% take rate -- i.e., 90% of folks change their minds! -- you've still got more production that was reserved for Model S and probably more than for Model X.... further assuming that Model 3 completely stops accumulating new reservations going forward.

    I'm not sure it matters what the underlying motivations are of the reservation holders. The actual production Model 3 would have to be a complete #fail to drive the reservation take rate down to 10%.

    Alan

    P.S. Elon's tweet that something like 5% or less of the reservations were for the maximum (two spots) means that there isn't much speculation going on with these reservations rings true to me. I think people were reserving these cars with very specific targets in mind, usually themselves or their own households. I reserved two, one for my household and one for my father.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    EVnut
    Is the assumption that most people who reserve two (you, me, several of my friends) are "speculating" and that the holders of single reservations are not speculating? I'm not sure I follow the logic. And I actually studied logic. :)
  • Apr 8, 2016
    Paul Carter
    Typically speculators will buy things like 12 tickets at time if they are allowed. Since 2 were allowed and very few took advantage, I can see how you can come to this kind of conclusion.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    Pollux
    I believe that to be the case and agree that the assumption is just that... an assumption.

    My hunch is that most (all?) of the 5% who reserved two have more ready cash at hand than the average bear and are probably hard-core Tesla fans to boot; and so I suspect those people will do little or no speculating. And for the 95% reserving just 1, I believe nearly all of them have a specific use in mind for the vehicle. I am hard put to believe that folks who put down $1K did so thinking that they'd flip the car two years from now. But ultimately this is a fact-free paragraph; just opinions.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    EVnut
    Got it. Thanks, guys. Just seems odd to be on the receiving end of a back-handed accusation of being a "speculator" because I reserved two. It is pretty amazing how few ended up reserving two when you consider the relatively low (and refundable!) barrier to entry.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    mistermonty705
    Thank you to everyone who responded. I will call them to test drive !


    ETA: I scheduled! Even though I've reserved a model 3, I may not be able to drive because I'm under 25. So my parents will come with me just in case. Hopefully they at least let me drive it in the parking lot lol
  • Apr 8, 2016
    Model S M.D.
    I highly recommend scheduling a test drive in a Model S. The Tesla test drive experience is all about education and showing you what an electric car can do, there's no pressure AT ALL. I actually went on several test drives and a couple of overnight ones as well :) Right now is actually a good time to schedule one, since it seems like there are lots of inventory probably due to an imminent Model S refresh and folks delaying their orders.

    The only reason I would recommend against scheduling a test drive is because once you test drive a Model S, you WILL want to buy one. Same thing happened to yours truly.

    Good luck and have fun!

  • Apr 9, 2016
    deonb
    Somebody above marked that post of mine as "informative"...
    Informative.png

    uhmmm...

    Castle.gif
  • Apr 9, 2016
    rhambus
    I have been thinking about the deposit situation and how many are likely to back out. I think the answer is "not many" if it's still possible to get your car with the tax credit, or get it within a reasonable amount of time if you are not ordering the high-end version. The fact is that the actual percentage of people who have $1000 to throw around on spec and sight unseen is not that substantial, even if it's refundable.

    I think what this really shows is how much pent-up demand there is for a car like this and how massively the industry (minus Tesla) has dropped the ball on the opportunity to make a decent looking, long range, electric car for a reasonable price. I mean, upwards of 300,000 reservations in such a short time? That sort of thing only happens when there is a huge mismatch between demand and supply. And while Tesla tech is undoubtedly top of the line, the way they are planning to do it is old-school vertical integration and building big ole facilities like the Gigafactory to pump out heavy metal at scale. (They don't have magic batteries or material science. It's all existing tech.) In other words, the same thing any other big company could to, and that car companies could "easily" do. (I know it's not actually easy but these guys move huge amounts of metal and other resources every day.) How in the world did their market research fail so miserably? You're telling me Ford could not have put out a big ole electric Taurus SHO by now? Or GM could not produce a high-end Cadillac? FCA, I admit, is probably a basket case. :) But Toyota? This is an epic fail on a huge scale. TESLA DOES NOT EVEN ADVERTISE and the rest of these companies and their dealers practically pave the TV airwaves with ads. Sheesh.
  • Apr 9, 2016
    ecarfan
    I think some people are putting too much emphasis on the future availability of the tax credit as being a major factor in whether or not a 3 reservation holder will wait for the 3 launch and then go ahead and purchase the car.

    In my opinion, people with the motivation and financial means to put down $1,000 interest free for 2 years are, in most cases, not driven by the EV tax credit but simply want a Tesla Model 3 over any other car.

    For those with incomes well above the national average (in the US that was about $54K median family income in 2014) the reservation deposit amount may seem modest if not trivial. But those who are in the market for a $35K car are often not high income buyers.

    Yes I know there are exceptions, I am making a general statement. I predict that the vast majority of current 3 reservation holders will follow through and buy one regardless of the tax credit situation in 2018. And over the next two years, the number of people who make new reservations will vastly outnumber the people who ask for their deposit back and drop off the reservation list.

    By late 2017 I expect there will be well over half a million reservation holders who will follow through and buy a 3. Many of them won't get their car until 2019.

    What Tesla has accomplished with the Model 3 Part 1 reveal is nothing short of astonishing. Zero mass market advertising resulted in by far the biggest product launch in history, by multiple measures. Part 2 of the reveal will also astonish.

    TSLA is undervalued, because the Tesla Energy division has even greater market potential than the vehicle division. Full disclosure: I am long TSLA.

    Thanks Elon. Keep up the good work!
  • Apr 9, 2016
    mkjayakumar
  • Apr 9, 2016
    jerry33
    Agreed. There will be a few dropouts because of changing personal situations and such just as there were with the S and X, but it will be small. While no one turns down free money, that's not the driving factor for most. I'd guess that just about every U.S. purchaser that has reserved now will get either the full tax credit or a partial tax credit because only cars sold in the U.S. are counted.
  • Apr 9, 2016
    Snow Drift
    Don't take it as a jab. If you title/use two, you're awesome. But, a lot of people will buy the max and sell them at a mark up. They are scalpers or speculators. Most families don't own two of the same car.

    Even Apple limits the number of iPhones for this reason.

    Trust us, Elon appreciates you helping the cause.
  • Apr 9, 2016
    jerry33
    As far as I know, this wasn't much of a problem with the S or X. I don't foresee it being much of a problem with the 3. I'm sure there will be a few, I don't think they will be the majority. I suspect there are a lot more people who actually want two 3s as compared to two X or S because of all the "I will wait for the less expensive model to come out" comments I've received. While I wouldn't give up the three years of driving I've had with my S and I wouldn't trade it in for a 3, had there been a choice at the time I would have ordered two 3s.
  • Apr 9, 2016
    boaterva
    Pretty much same boat here. Never owned one, reserved online. Now reading everything about all three current models and will test drive a MS in a while (never touched a Tesla). I may leave wallet at home to avoid 'look what followed me home' factor. :)

    You know you're in trouble when you now can't wait to see what the MS refresh holds....
  • Apr 9, 2016
    pmich80
    I hear your Model S is outdated with the upcoming refresh... you should probably get rid of yours and grab a newer one. I might know a buyer if the price is really affordable :)
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét