Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 1, 2017

TMC Book of Records for the Model S... part 1

  • Oct 24, 2012
    SCW-Greg
    So this has been mentioned from time to time, but thinking we can make this an official thread for "firsts" and records for the Model S.

    First to take a Model S cross country: Steve and Jesse for Owner Bill, VIN 38 - Blog story

    Highest elevation driven to date: Cottonwood at Trail Ridge CO, 12,183'

    Velo1 is shooting for Mt. Evans at 14,256' this Spring.

    What will you be the first to do with your Model S?

    First to put 400 miles down in one drive?

    Over time, lets make this the <strike>Guiness</strike> TMC Book of Records for the Model S.

    What will yours be???
  • Oct 25, 2012
    dsm363
    I can't confirm this but maybe the first person to be dropped off at their Model S pickup in another Model S.
  • Oct 25, 2012
    Robert.Boston
    Some other records I've seen posted (but I don't recall the exact #s, so I'll let them fill them in):
    • Highest Wh/mile usage
    • Highest Wh/mile regen
    • Highest projected range (though this is a bit of a software artifact)
  • Oct 25, 2012
    mnx
    How about longest wait from reservation to delivery? (Will probably go to someone who wants a RHD version in Europe...)
  • Oct 25, 2012
    aviators99
    Have we had the first ferry ride? Chad?
  • Oct 25, 2012
    Zythryn
    How about first reservation placed on a Model S display screen?
  • Oct 25, 2012
    ChadS
    No ferry ride yet for me. (My wife and I did go on a ferry last weekend, but not in the Model S).

    But I may be the first to get a hitch - it is being installed now; I pick it up Saturday.
  • Oct 25, 2012
    KBF
    Fastest speed?? Or is the S limited by the speedometer rather than motor output? My Zero is limited by speed in eco mode, but with a strong tail wind in sport mode I've hit about 7 kph faster than its "top speed".

    Or would people get in trouble...?
  • Oct 25, 2012
    EV_de
    The Model S in Germany can check the Top Speed... Munich to N�rnberg are long parts Off Limits!
  • Oct 25, 2012
    dsm363
    We almost got that done at the party Cattledog threw for my car but they ended up going home reserving. I imagine someone has done that already by now.
  • Oct 25, 2012
    Doug_G
    I've not been able to achieve the Roadster's top speed, because it runs out of steam above 150 kph. The best I've been able to do (yes, legally) is 187 kph. I suspect the Model S will actually be able to achieve its maximum speed since it has more poop at high speeds than the Roadster.
  • Oct 25, 2012
    pguerra
    How about first one to be stranded in between cities due to being out of battery?
  • Oct 25, 2012
    huntjo
    First speeding ticket
    Highest speeding ticketed speed
    First to get out of a speeding ticket by offering to give the cop a ride
  • Oct 25, 2012
    Doug_G
    ...first to have his car impounded.
  • Oct 25, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    First accident :scared:
  • Oct 25, 2012
    132
    I'm pretty sure it has a software governor. I talked to George B at one of the events and he said off hand it was capable of going faster. I wonder if Elon's is set differently.


    First one to hack the software that governs output! But I'm sure this would coincide with first one to invalidate their warranty!
  • Oct 26, 2012
    W.Petefish
    Pretty sure that has already happened. (not to me but to another owner in Texas.)
  • Oct 26, 2012
    Doug_G
    Heck, that happened at the first Get Amped event...
  • Oct 26, 2012
    Bifff67
    First to hack into the computer. Where is that thing anyway, maybe it has an RS-232 port i can get at.
  • Oct 26, 2012
    dsm363
    Yeah. Not only was it the first Model S hitting another car but the first Model S hitting another Model S.
  • Oct 26, 2012
    Iz
    It will happen sooner or later... first Model S to get stolen/carjacked.
  • Oct 26, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Well, I was thinking real owners messing up with their own Model S but, maybe, the Get Amped instance counts.

    Dave gets the First Curb Rash award!
  • Oct 26, 2012
    dsm363
    Awesome. We should created badges for things like this.
  • Oct 26, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Here's one that'll make you Sigs go green with envy:

    Shortest wait as a Model S reservation holder - it'll probably be driver_EV, the last known R in the US who may get his/her car by December: a wait of just 4 months!

    Model S Reservation Tally - Page 173
  • Oct 27, 2012
    Eric from NE
    With 58.1 cubic feet with back seats down...

    ...first child conceived in the back? :love:
  • Oct 27, 2012
    SCW-Greg
    That happened at our Get Amped Tour here back in July... gal came back from her drive, careening into the curb as she parked. Actually bounced off the curb! She got out and thought nothing of it, as if thats how she always parks. :scared: Poor 21" wheels.

    But heck those weren't our cars. When they become your own... it's another thing.

    @Eric... in the thought of Firsts, that one did cross my mind. ;)
  • Oct 27, 2012
    bonnie
    Really, you want bragging rights over these?

    You're all so darn cute!
  • Oct 27, 2012
    napabill
    As was mentioned earlier in the thread, I was the proud recipient of the first Tesla rear ender on June 24th at the Get Amped event at the Fremont factory. But I should think I qualify for two firsts; First Tesla rear-ended, and second, first Tesla to be hit by another Tesla.
  • Oct 27, 2012
    ChadS
    And the guy who hit you said he was shaken and got another chance at driving, right? So he was probably the first person to get a second drive in a Model S...

    (I was three cars behind you).
  • Oct 27, 2012
    markwj
    But who gets the award? The rear ended or the rear ender? Chicken and egg?
  • Oct 28, 2012
    jerry33
    The award goes to the receiver because, obviously, the person who does the hitting can do so just to get the award :)
  • Oct 28, 2012
    palmer_md
    is this the first speeding ticket? At 92 should remain the highest for a while.
  • Oct 28, 2012
    NigelM
  • Oct 29, 2012
    ElSupreme
    Looks like about 25% of the people here are in the 'baby making' phase of life (18-35).
    Everyone else is in the 'baby making simulation' phase of life. :cool:
  • Oct 29, 2012
    mcornwell
    I can see the news teaser now: ECCENTRIC AUTO EXECUTIVE AND ACTRESS EX-WIFE TICKETED WHILE DRIVING NEARLY 100 MPH WITH 5 CHILDREN IN CAR, 2 OF THEM RIDING IN THE TRUNK! FILM AT 11...
  • Oct 29, 2012
    SCW-Greg
  • Oct 29, 2012
    dadaleus
    Highest odometer? I just hit 5,000 miles.

    BTW, I was the one with the highest projected range, but I agree that's really an artifact and not a real accomplishment.
  • Oct 30, 2012
    brianman
    I thought an S12xx already took delivery.
  • Oct 31, 2012
    Warrenbonz
    The honor of the first customer to test drive a Model S goes to me, my wife, Larry Chanin and his wife. Technically we left as the 2nd ever test drive but we passed the 1st group on the highway so we were the first to return :). You can read more about the experience in Larry's very entertaining telling of it here Larry's Most Excellent Adventure .
  • Oct 31, 2012
    mcornwell
    I've had two friends tell me in the past week that they've seen a red Tesla on I-5 here in San Diego. I'm guessing they're spotting you, dadaleus...

  • Oct 31, 2012
    Soflauthor
    Firsts? Okay. My Silver/Black Sig is the first Model S to have an installed center console (insert).
  • Oct 31, 2012
    dsm363
    Tesla could have their version in a few test cars so you never know. We appreciate the additional advertising though.
  • Oct 31, 2012
    NigelM
    Tomorrow I have to go down to our church where one of the priests (huge car fan!) wants to drive my car. First priest in a Model S?
  • Oct 31, 2012
    dadaleus
    :)

    If north of Solana, I'd say its pretty likely!
  • Oct 31, 2012
    meloccom
    I was told by Tesla that I was the first non North American reservation holder to test drive a Model S.
    It was 11:00 AM on August 11, 2012.
    Can anyone beat that?
  • Nov 1, 2012
    W.Petefish
    First to be aired on a news station?
  • Nov 1, 2012
    NigelM
    Did I say "first"? Sorry, turns out I should have written "fast priest in a Model S":

    photo1.JPG
  • Nov 1, 2012
    Zextraterrestrial
    First to hit ~110 mph in a test drive? (on the return at Fremont)
  • Nov 3, 2012
    cinergi
    Do I win the first to use the car to move to a new place award?
    A61GRK0CIAANzxA.jpg
  • Nov 8, 2012
    Trnsl8r
    First to spot the most random Model Ss in 24 hrs? My count is three:
    #1 red parked in Cupertino, #2 black crossing De Anza blvd at lunch, then #3 white passing me on I-280 when heading home.

    (To be fair, number 3 had dealer plates and was probably headed to Santana Row...)
  • Dec 11, 2012
    Zextraterrestrial
    First to 'Christen' a Models S
    Or has someone claimed that already?


    Anyone hit the top speed limiter yet? :cool: I only made it to 123 before the street ended :scared:
  • Dec 11, 2012
    digitaltim
    Hmm...no pic to prove it but I pushed my P85 to 130 on a nice clear "private" straightaway...unbelievable. I never saw the actual speed (eyes were glued to the road), but the speedometer was pegged.
  • Dec 11, 2012
    Zextraterrestrial
    nice tim!
    My road was too short but there are some good stretches around here that are 'wide open', Soon, soon...
    The S still feels pretty good going that fast
  • Dec 11, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
  • Dec 12, 2012
    digitaltim
    @gg_wants_a_tesla Oh yeah...i better qualified my statement above...thanks.
  • Jan 3, 2013
    Zextraterrestrial
    OK, it was bound to happen... I think it has been about 10 years since my last one and quite frankly I'm glad that this is all it was.

    First Speeding ticket in a Model S!

    45 mph in a 35... and the officer didn't even make notice of the car besides ' is this a new car' he seemed a little grumpy like he had a bad New Years. ( think I went 55 in that spot the day before :eek: it is a 3 lane road that drops on lane to a side street. most cars travel 40-45)
    I guess I'll try and go to court with the ' it was a new car and I didn't know how fast I was going' or something stupid. probably won't work but I might as well try if I have the time.
  • Jan 3, 2013
    aviators99
    Elon had already gotten one a few months ago.
  • Jan 3, 2013
    palmer_md

    see post 33 in this thread. Elon's speed was quite a bit higher than Z's as well.
  • Jan 3, 2013
    Zextraterrestrial
    Nice. I forgot about that post. ..I was very lucky!!! 45 is the slowest I'd have been caught for ;>
    a 92 in the 35mph zone wouldn't have been so good!( I don't think I've hit that, and now I won't) The police up here just randomly shoot people sometimes!!!
  • Jan 4, 2013
    dwhite
    Trailer Hitch

    I wanted that one. Maybe the first Model S with a trailer hitch. (I have to haul around a 50' computer monitor, it about three inches too big.)
  • Jan 4, 2013
    palmer_md
  • Jan 4, 2013
    ChadS
    The white car above is a photoshop, but the red car is mine - Torklift used my car to design the hitch (so I assume I was the first to get a hitch). It's pretty nice, I like the simple way it installs and the fact that it's hidden.

    Tesla doesn't recommend towing, but Torklift figures the hitch can handle about 2k pounds.

    BTW, dwhite, I'll be staying overnight in Mojave in about 2 weeks, so PM me if you want to try to meet up so you can see the hitch.
  • Jan 16, 2013
    ChadS
    Lowest elevation? Here's ours at Badwater, Death Valley, 282' below sea level:

    IMG_5483 - Copy.JPG

    I don't think we can claim first Model S in Death Valley, as Tesla did some hot-weather testing there. But I assume they were driving on Hwy 190 (where our Model S did happen to set a personal speed record), and not pulling over by Badwater.

    Death Valley is a cool place:

    IMG_5486 - Copy.JPG
  • Jan 16, 2013
    goaliemanshark
    Isn't it actually a very HOT place.

    Sorry, low hanging fruit.
  • Jan 17, 2013
    ChadS
    Good point. But we happened to be there at an unusual time - the temps varied between 26 and 55 degrees. Death Valley, indeed...
  • Jan 17, 2013
    bonnie
    I had a pic published of me, back in the day, on a windsurfer there ... "Windsurfing's Low Point". :)

    (Also lived there a number of years. Anyone going there to visit, talk to me. I'll give you the scoop.)
  • Jan 21, 2013
    dwhite
    "Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. Moderation is for Monks." Lazarus Long in Robert Heinlein's "Time Enough for Love" Adam ripped it off.
  • Jan 27, 2013
    GeekGirls
    First unplanned simultaneous mutual Model S photos posted on TMC: here and here.
  • Jan 27, 2013
    elecblue
    Not sure if this one is too late, but when I got my car on the first weekend (12/16/12) our local pastor (priest) blessed the Model S!
  • Mar 10, 2013
    Al Sherman
    Unverified, but a reliable source. The Chicago DS "Ross" told me on the phone that he delivered a MS to a lady in Michigan (Grand Rapids maybe?) who is 95 years old. Said she was sharp as a tack, and knew tons of stuff about the car.
    If true I would suspect this will be like DiMaggio's hitting streak. Might never be broken.
  • Mar 10, 2013
    gg_got_a_tesla
    ^ amazing! Probably the only person alive who might have seen the early Baker/Columbia/Detroit Electric cars when she was little!
  • Mar 10, 2013
    NJ_EV
    I put a reservation in on April 9th, 2009 and got my S Perf. on Jan. 11th 2013.
  • Mar 10, 2013
    vfx
  • Mar 10, 2013
    Al Sherman
    What an awesome guy! RIP.
  • Mar 11, 2013
    byt
    I think I'm the first with 2 speeding tickets and have a photo of the officer behind me giving me the second one. During my first stop the officer was giddy and told he's let me off the hook if I gave him a ride but then didn't take the offer that he made. Looking to install a K40 Radar Detector to make sure ticket #3 doesn't happen.
  • Mar 12, 2013
    olanmills
    First Model S driven to a comicon

    Weirdest hat worn while driving a Model S (Picture is not of me; it's just an example):
    metroid hat - Bing Images
  • Apr 2, 2013
    Princeton96
    First use of a Model S in an engagement photo shoot? Huge props to my fiance for letting me have a car in a couple of our engagement photos and then suggesting I post them on TMC! :)

    190.05.10.13.donna.dave.eng.jpg 191.05.10.13.donna.dave.eng.jpg 192.05.10.13.donna.dave.eng.jpg 195.05.10.13.donna.dave.eng.jpg
  • Apr 2, 2013
    vfx
  • Apr 2, 2013
    Babylonfive
    Congratulations!
  • Apr 2, 2013
    mcornwell
    Was the photographer on your roof for the last one?
  • Apr 2, 2013
    Princeton96
    He was standing by the rear door on the driver side looking down through the sunroof. Rear door was open and I think he was standing on the floor of the car in front of the seat.
  • Apr 2, 2013
    SCW-Greg
    Gorgeous photos! And congrats! What better way to start your lives off I say!
  • Apr 3, 2013
    huntjo
    Congrats, she's beautiful! And your fianc�e ain't bad either!
  • Apr 4, 2013
    ClearwaterBchSteve
    Hot cars get the girl! My wife wears her Model S fob as a necklace!

    We got our Teslas on the same day BTW... "end of the world day"
  • May 29, 2013
    wycolo
    TMC Book of Records for the Model S...

    > Highest elevation driven to date: Cottonwood at Trail Ridge CO, 12,183'

    Did Mt. Evans, CO yesterday: Tues.2013.05.28. Parking lot is @14,130 ft elevation. Did not hike the additional 134 feet up to the peak since I forgot to bring parka. It was 32*F and breezy!! Highest paved road in North America. ModelS handled this nicely, as expected. A Parks Dept utility truck was close on my tail all the way up from Summit Lake, but I zoomed on the straightaways. He caught up on the hairpins though. ModelS loses NO torque at high altitude, Doh!! Was here last Friday but the road could not be opened until the next day. Also, someone may have made this climb last summer season (2012). So only a tentative record this.
    --
  • May 29, 2013
    fiksegts
  • Jun 1, 2013
    huntjo
    Awesome to hear wycolo! Where'd you charge before? Cottonwood RV or Park Meadows?
  • Jun 3, 2013
    wycolo
    > Also, someone may have made this climb last summer season (2012).

    Denver Tesla Store reports a Denver ModelS 60kwh did Mt Evans on Sat May 25th. So good for that owner!

    > Where'd you charge before? Cottonwood RV or Park Meadows? [huntjo]

    That RV Park is problematic due to son-father good cop-bad cop situation. Cannot recommend.

    Park Meadows is 50 miles away but only uses 30 range miles to get there. Tesla Store chargers actually provide ~45 mph (70A but only ~190V). Not the full Monty. :frown:

    The day I drove up Mt Evans I charged at a nearby facility who must remain anon. But it was nice to see the UMC serving up 40A @ 240V = 9.6kw (30mph).
    --
  • Jun 3, 2013
    huntjo
    Ooh secret charger! Actually I was considering trying to hypermile it into a round trip all the way back to FoCo
  • Jul 16, 2015
    jbcarioca
    I'm a couple years late in my response, but almost the first car I ever drove, when I was 11 years old, was a 1903 Baker. I was little then, so she was not the only person alive to have driven one of those when she (he) was little. Of course it was not mine. I prefer my P85D, to be perfectly frank.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét