Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 1, 2017

Recent Timelines - Confirmed to In Queue to In Production to... part 1

  • Jun 14, 2015
    mposki
    I know there are close to 3 million threads on here about this but am curious about RECENT experiences in the timelines. For those that have ordered in the last 45 days or so can you post your dates of:

    Confirmed Order -
    In Production Queue -
    In Production -
    Ready for Delivery -

    Thus far here are mine:
    Confirmed Order - June 9
    In Production Queue - June 11
    In Production - ???
    Ready for Delivery - ???
  • Jun 14, 2015
    santorin4
    This will be a useful thread... I had tried to search through the other couple of tracker threads for this exact type of information - just for reference of course, since i'm sure much of the timing is different depending on region and as time passes, it seems like some of the dates from ordering through Production have been condensed down too.

    I know my dates are a little off from he norm due to my Tesla Sales Rep helping me make my vacation and tax cut off deadlines - so while I've noticed Confirmation dates being a week after Order dates, mine happened the same day - of I guess the tip there would be, if you are SURE of your configuration work with someone in the sales office and ask them if they can/will help you reduce your wait time by a week by getting it confirmed as soon as it shows up in their system (could be an hour, but that's MUCH better than a week!)

    Ordered 5/23
    Confirmed 5/23
    VIN Assigned 5/28 (this was possibly due to the long weekend being in there)
    Production 6/8
    In (queue for) Transit 6/11
    Tentative Scheduled Pick up 6/19

    This is for a WA delivery - hope that helps!

    I'd love to see other's timelines too!!

    Thanks for starting this one mposki!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Course there's also this spreadsheet that folks on the forum have been maintaining too -

    The actual orders and deliveries are tracked on this Google Spreadsheet. (found under the thread:

    Model S Order & Delivery Tracker started by breser)

  • Jun 14, 2015
    Zcar
    Not sure how much this helps as we're essentially in the same boat in terms of timelines:

    Confirmed order - June 10
    In production queue - June 12
    In production - ?
    Ready for delivery - ?

    My estimated delivery is late July.
  • Jun 14, 2015
    kuttakamina
    :smile:
  • Jun 14, 2015
    smilepak
    yourconfirm order is based upon auto confirm or u confirm within to the seven days windows. I ordered on Sunday, June 7th, press confirm June 9th. Still no show in production queue and no VIN yet.

    estimated Delivery Date show July, not late July.
  • Jun 14, 2015
    mposki
    It autoconfirmed. I didn't actually have a 'confirm' button for my order. I got my VIN on the 11th if that helps.
  • Jun 14, 2015
    kmontoya
    Confirmed Order - May 15
    In Production Queue - May 17
    In Production - June 10
    Ready for Delivery - ?
    DS told be that pickup will be this week (Fremont)
  • Jun 14, 2015
    smilepak
    By that then my autoconfitm occurs tonight June 14th. Thx
  • Jun 14, 2015
    Fluke
    Why not check out the recent orders on the tracking spreadsheet? Plenty of information to obsess over in the coming weeks.

    Model S Order Delivery Tracker
  • Jun 15, 2015
    laorient
    I am in the Sam boat. Confirmed on 5/30 and in production 6/11. Looks like it will take them 3~4 business days to complete production these days.
  • Jun 15, 2015
    Anthony7
    Here is my personal timeline however it varies for everyone depending on location, model type, and even color.

    May 6 - Order confirmed
    May 7 - VIN assigned / in Production Q
    June 2 - In Production / Purchase agreement docs posted with final price, sales tax, etc.. + ability to pay remaining balance
    June 6 - Car is paid for
    June 8 - In Transit / Prod ended
    June 15 - Being prepped for delivery
    June 16 - Picking up car @ 1pm :cool:
  • Jun 15, 2015
    smilepak
    Now that is totally awesome! Less than a month!
  • Jun 16, 2015
    kmontoya
    Just an update.. picking my car up tomorrow

    Confirmed Order - May 15
    In Production Queue - May 17
    In Production - June 10
    Ready for Delivery - June 17 9am

  • Jun 16, 2015
    smilepak
    Interesting, from Production to delivery is 7 days. They must've have your car pre-made eheh

    What is the configuration?
  • Jun 16, 2015
    snail3
    does the production happen on weekly basis or bi-weekly basis? seem like some people waited for almost 1 month till production but some only waited for 1~2 weeks.
  • Jun 16, 2015
    kmontoya
    I kept in contact with my DS often, but here is my configuration:

    Midnight Silver P85D
    Panoramic Roof
    21" Grey Turbines
    Black Next Gen Seats
    CF D�cor + Spoiler
    Black Alcantara
    Autopilot
    Premium Interior/Lighting
    Smart Air
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  • Jun 16, 2015
    Oba
    May 16 - order

    May 23 - confirmed, VIN assigned

    ??? - In production

    June 16 (today) - "Tesla factory is building your Model S"

    June 25 - anticipated pickup in Fremont
  • Jun 17, 2015
    mposki
    My updated dates per a conversation with my awesome (Palo Alto SC) DS, who is wonderfully responsive:

    Thus far here are mine:
    Confirmed Order - June 9
    In Production Queue - June 11
    In Production - June 19
    Ready for Delivery - probably June 28 but delivery appt scheduled for July 3 as I am out of town until July 2

    Less than a month!
  • Jun 17, 2015
    snail3
    That's fast..my order went into production queue on June 15, DS told me the estimated production day will be in mid-July.
  • Jun 17, 2015
    smilepak
    Seems like once it enter production, its only 10 days to complete. Freaken cool.
  • Jun 17, 2015
    cassiri
    That is fast. Must know someone. Mine entered production June 11 and they are telling me it is general assembly and likely another week until I pick up at Fremont. I wonder if they do certain batches of types of cars or colors or features at a time?? Hard to imagine it really takes that long in production to get it through the line and out the door. Makes me wonder if it is really in production.
  • Jun 17, 2015
    mposki
    Looks like I am a liar... Just checked MyTesla and found that I am In Production TODAY!

    Thus far here are mine:
    Ordered - June 2
    Confirmed Order - June 9
    In Production Queue - June 11
    In Production - June 17
    Ready for Delivery - probably June 23 but delivery appt scheduled for July 3 as I am out of the country until July 2

    Three weeks!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Jun 18, 2015
    Zcar

    Wow! I hope this bodes well for the rest of my timeline, which is very close to yours. Delivery estimate still says late July on MyTesla.
  • Jun 18, 2015
    Oba
    May 16 - order

    May 23 - confirmed, VIN assigned - "in production"

    June 16 - "Tesla factory is building your Model S"

    June 18 - "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery." (TODAY)

    June 25 - anticipated pickup in Fremont
  • Jun 19, 2015
    cassiri
    May 6 Ordered
    May 13 Confirmed
    May 14 VIN
    June 11 Entered Production
    June 19 Just changed to Preparing Vehicle for Delivery
    June 24 Pickup at Factory?
    June 25 Stop checking this thread 16 times a day
    Seriously at least there is one thread I can stop reading after next week. And I won't have to find reasons to go to malls that have Tesla stores either.
  • Jun 19, 2015
    mikeg561
    Wow! so fast. Configuration must make a difference??
    Me:
    Ordered- May 31
    Confirm June 7
    Production queue June 9
    Still in production queue as of June 19.
    My DS tells me it will start production next week.


  • Jun 20, 2015
    mposki
    So here's an update with my confit as well for comparison...

    s85D, midnight silver, black ng, pano, autopilot, uhifi, premium interior, air suspension, standard wheels

    one note is that because I was leaving on a trip I chose to pay fully before I left as I am taking delivery the day after I return.....

    Thus far here are mine:
    Ordered - June 2
    Confirmed Order - June 9
    In Production Queue - June 11
    In Production - June 17
    In Transit - June 20
    Ready for Delivery - probably June 23 but delivery appt scheduled for July 3 as I am out of the country until July 2

    it is in transit to Palo Alto so..... Less than three weeks from order to build complete.
  • Jun 22, 2015
    manis
    Confirmed Order - 6/13
    In Production Queue - 6/15
    In Production - 6/22
    Ready for Delivery - Pending...
  • Jun 22, 2015
    ack1
    Confirmed 6/9
    Vin Assigned 6/12
    in production queue 6/12
    in production 6/22
    ...... All the rest pending.

    70D with sunroof..
  • Jun 22, 2015
    smilepak
    wow. I confirmed on 6/14 and still in queue waiting
  • Jun 22, 2015
    Zcar
    Confirmed 6/10
    Queue 6/12
    In production 6/22
    Delivery...

    I was told 3 weeks transit time (coming by rail) once production complete.

    70D
  • Jun 22, 2015
    manis
    Forgot to list config:
    P85D
    Midnight Silver
    Pano Roof
    21" Grey Wheels
    Black Next Gen Seats
    CF D�cor
    Black Headliner
    CF Spoiler
    Red Brake Calipers
    Autopilot
    Premium Interior
    Air Suspension
    UHF Sound

    I live 16 miles from the factory so delivery should be quick once finished.
  • Jun 23, 2015
    smilepak
    Finally, start production..

    Online Order - June 7th
    Confirmed Order - June 14
    VIN assigned - June 15
    In Production Queue - June 16
    In Production - June 23
    Delivery to So Cal - TBD
  • Jun 23, 2015
    mikeg561
    Sometimes the My Tesla website does not update very well. Here is my experience:

    Ordered my 85d May 31.
    confirmed June 6
    in production queue June 7
    then I became obsessed. :smile: Checking my tesla site many times every day.
    Finally yesterday (June 22) around 4:00 pm it moved to 'being assembled.'
    This morning (June 23) I checked about 5:00 am. Still being assembled.
    Checked at 8:30 am......it says "your model S is in transit from the factory." wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I guess the car had been in assembly mode for a while but the "my tesla" site just not updating online.
    I pickup the car Friday at noon!

    Mike
  • Jun 23, 2015
    pedriscoll
    Ordered: 5/18/15
    Confirmed : 5/23/15
    Production : 5/29/15
    Shipped : 6/4/15
    Deliverd : 6/23/15

    WooHoo!!!!
  • Jun 23, 2015
    manis
    I just signed my paperwork and at the top it said delivery would occur on or around July 3rd. How accurate has that date been for others? Spot on? before? after?

    I know, first world problem :)
  • Jun 24, 2015
    snail3
    What paperwork is needed prior to delivery? My status has turned into production today, no email notification though..
  • Jun 24, 2015
    manis
    Final purchase agreement with the final price sheet. Has a couple pages that were already in your "My Documents" section, but mostly it is the agreement to buy the car for said price and that you will pay $X and the bank will pay $Y. Signed via DocuSign, then you get an email (took like half a day for me) about paying, which can be done with an eCheck. I understand there are also some documents to sign at delivery, most likely the loan documents.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also I think you need to coordinate with your DS about the paperwork. Mine was going to be delayed because of a trade-in and I just decided not to trade it in so they would do the paperwork sooner.
  • Jun 24, 2015
    smilepak
    Man they are fast...got a called from DS

    Online Order - June 7th
    Confirmed Order - June 14
    VIN assigned - June 15
    In Production Queue - June 16
    In Production - June 23
    Scheduled Pick up - June 30

    Tentatively Scheduled Pickup.
  • Jun 24, 2015
    manis
    What was your config?
  • Jun 24, 2015
    smilepak
    70D
    Deep Blue
    Premium Package
    Next Gen Seat
  • Jun 24, 2015
    manis
    Awesome! Glad they got yours done quickly. I was curious because we're about 1 day off from each other on dates and they still have mine listed as in production. Wednesday (today) was the 3rd day so I'm hoping it will be released tomorrow and I'll be headed to the factory Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.
  • Jun 25, 2015
    smilepak
    Same here, mine listed as Production as of this morning too. But the DS called and say they hope to see it next week and start scheduling appt.
  • Jun 27, 2015
    acevolt
    I ordered mine on May 29th and it said July delivery.
    Production start - June 15
    Production End - June 19
    Ready for pickup in Van Nuys, CA on June 24th.
    I contact my DS to ask if they could delay it once it changed from a July delivery to late June delivery (this happened around June 8th) and he tried, but it didn't work. I am out of town until July 25th, so wife is picking it up. They only want to hold it for a week.
  • Jun 27, 2015
    smilepak
    Got delayed a week :(
  • Jun 27, 2015
    manis
    I hope mine isn't delayed! My paperwork said on or around the 3rd, but DS hasn't given me a date and it still says "In Production". I have a tint appointment on the 8th and if I cancel I have to wait until the 27th to get tint.
  • Jun 28, 2015
    manis
    Went to bed around 1am and didn't see any new updates, but when I woke up at 6am the website said production is complete. :) Makes me wonder when it actually completed production. I wonder if they keep logs of each step and I wonder if you can get that as a customer. It would be pretty cool to see a print out of all the stages it went through and how long it took.
  • Jun 28, 2015
    smilepak
    hm u confirmed one day before me and went into production one day before me...hmm so ur my delay lol
  • Jun 28, 2015
    manis
    Haha, when you said your DS called you I thought you were my delay. Dueling delays! :p
  • Jun 29, 2015
    smilepak
    Site status updated to "In Factory Transit"..coolie!
  • Jun 29, 2015
    BozieBeMe2
    03-25-15 : Deposit paid
    03-25-15 : Order placed (date on purchase agreement pdf)
    04-01-15 : Order updated, "Next Gen Seats"
    04-01-15 : Your Model S has Entered Production Queue
    04/20-15 : Estimated delivery "Early August"
    05/01-15 : -Updated- Estimated delivery "Late July"
    05-18-15 : Assigned VIN# 90295
    06-23-15 : Status changed to "Your Model S is in Production"
    07-00-15 : Finalize payment (s)?
    Pending:
    00-00-15 : Status changed to "Your Model S is in transit from the factory."
    00-00-15 : Status changed to "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery."
  • Jun 29, 2015
    smilepak
    Interesting...when you ordered in March but yet estimated delivery is early Aug. When some of us placed the order in June and it said estimated delivery July.

    I wonder if they are focusing their production on cranking out 70D since that seems to be more popular lately.
  • Jun 30, 2015
    jmb0629
    I swore to myself that I would be patient and not check 'my tesla' for updates. That was a foolish thing to try to commit to....

    6/6/15: ordered
    6/13/15: confirmed & vin assigned (94,000)
    6/23/15: entered production
    ?/??/??: in transit

    My sales rep had said to expect delivery the week of 7/13, the delivery estimate is late July. I got excited when it went into production, but am ready for it to ship!! Great problem to have. Don't think I've ever been this excited about a "thing"...

    85D. Midnight Silver, pano, black next gen & headliner, matte obeche, prem interior, subZ, 3rd row
  • Jun 30, 2015
    manis
    I remember seeing your VIN in the spreadsheet... my entry is the one above yours.

    We ordered, confirmed, and went into production within a day of each other. My car is currently being prepped for pickup, which the DS said means it is getting its final inspection. It seems like in some cases the status lags a little so I'd hope yours would make it to you before the middle of July, but I guess within shipping it it will add some more time. I'm still waiting to hear what my delivery date is and it is frustrating!

    I've never been as excited about a "thing" either. I've tried to make it not a thing and tell myself I'm buying an experience. Not that it helps reduce the excitement.
  • Jun 30, 2015
    jmb0629
    Thanks Manis. Hope you get your delivery date soon. Look like I came out of production tonight (status back to 'order confirmed'), so hopefully only a couple weeks out now.
  • Jun 30, 2015
    snail3
    my status changed to "Production Complete - Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery" this morning, called DS about the exact delivery day, he said the car is currently in the service department for final inspection, he estimated the delivery should happen somewhere around mid-next week, was hoping they could make it before July/4...oh well
  • Jun 30, 2015
    mkspeedr
    Same story today "production complete - Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery" we will probably pick up our cars that same day. A little bummed it will not be this weekend but it is still ahead of schedule.
  • Jul 1, 2015
    smilepak
    Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.

    It's on the way for my Appt next week with service center! Whoo Hoo!
  • Jul 1, 2015
    manis
    Did they give you a delivery date?

    I'm somewhat annoyed with my delivery so far. I understand it's a first world problem, but my paperwork said on or around the 3rd, my car was being prepped for pickup starting Monday morning and confirmed it was undergoing final inspection on Monday. My DS emailed me this morning saying she will be able to give me a delivery date early next week. I live 16 miles from the factory and how is it the car can be built in 5 days but it can't be inspected in 5. Getting your delivery date no earlier than the 6th is not delivery on or around the 3rd.
  • Jul 1, 2015
    smilepak
    I didn't get a specific delivery date, but my DS scheduled an appt for next week Tuesday to receive it. She sort of randomly shoot a date out there while the status was still showing "In Production"...lol
  • Jul 1, 2015
    manis
    Tuesday for them to receive it or for you to receive it? I'd hope it would make it to SoCal before Tuesday haha
  • Jul 1, 2015
    mkspeedr
    Cool P85D pickup scheduled.

    6/6/15: ordered
    6/19/15: confirmed & vin assigned
    6/25/15: entered production
    6/29/15: in transit
    7/5/15: delivery
  • Jul 1, 2015
    snail3
    They do delivery on Sun?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I understand your frustration, from the conversion with DS it seems like factory is in the July/4 holiday mode this week..I was expecting a new ride for the weekend too..
  • Jul 1, 2015
    smilepak
    I hope so too. That would suck I have to change my tint appointment again. ahahha. It was originally scheduled last week Tuesday.
  • Jul 1, 2015
    manis
    Yeah my tint appointment is schedule for the 8th at 10am. If I have to cancel the next earliest appointment was the 27th.
  • Jul 1, 2015
    mkspeedr
    Ok, my pickup has been rescheduled to the 7th.

    6/6/15: ordered
    6/19/15: confirmed & vin assigned
    6/25/15: entered production
    6/29/15: in transit
    7/7/15: delivery
  • Jul 1, 2015
    Arvind
    Newly ordered 70D, here is my status on July 1

    6/21/15: Ordered
    6/27/15: Confirmed
    6/29/15: VIN assigned, in production
    "August" delivery promised

    But based on this thread, August seems like a long time, maybe it's the first part of August? Of course I live in NJ so transit probably takes at least a week or two...
  • Jul 3, 2015
    evjc
    85D; Red; Air suspension; Autopilot pkg; Premium interior pkg; Subzero pkg

    June 13: Ordered
    June 21: Confirmed
    June 22: VIN assigned
    June 24: Production Queue
    July 03: In Production
    ?????: In transit
    ?????: Delivery (August ?)

    I assume the long wait in the production queue was probably due to a parts shortage. :confused:
  • Jul 3, 2015
    manis
    Mine was in the production queue for about 7 days, in production for 5.
  • Jul 5, 2015
    tstafford
    June 26: Ordered (P85D)
    July 3: Production Queue and VIN (96005)
    ???

    I haven't waited on something like this since I was a child.
  • Jul 5, 2015
    smilepak
    mine was about 7-9 days
  • Jul 5, 2015
    Zcar
    June 3: ordered
    June 11: confirmed
    June 12: VIN, Production Queue
    June 22: In Production..for almost 2 weeks:cursing:
    ????

    Delivery estimate: Late July
    70D
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Zcar
    So I guess I just needed to post my frustration because now it's in transit!
  • Jul 7, 2015
    smilepak
    Just picked up Tess.

    One word. amazing!

    Coming from owning a Lexus GS 350 and driven Mercedes E350 and S430, the driving is more enjoyable in the MS. The acceleration is par none. Smooth, fast, instant. The regenerative braking is something getting used to as I haven't own or driven a hybrid or any cars with it yet.

    interior design taken out of Apple's playbook. Simplicity. Good or bad, argument could go on forever for another day. The leather details with next gen seating and blend between leather and Alcantara is nicely done. I like the dashboard having it. It minimize sliding of things like toll road responder.

    The lack of rear cup holders, the levers at the door overhead to assist entering is missing, no hangers, minimal leather due to the whole Alcantar approach, etc...

    the odd placement of cup holders in the front was weirdly placed. It gets in the way of the arm rest. The huge center space was odd, for I am used to resting my hand on the knob shift.

    The sound system lack bass. At max bass setting it was decent and usable, not horrible.

    The 17" screen. Amazing. The dashboard that show navigation is nicely placed.

    Panoroof of cool to have. It gives that nice class touches.

    Getting it it tinted right now with ctx rear 15 and ctx 30 front.

    More to come...having issue uploading pictures via iPhone using browser
  • Jul 7, 2015
    slevit1md
    11 days from confirmation to in production for me, but July 4 holiday was part of that, which may have pushed things out a day or two.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Are you sure yours went into production on 6/29 and not into production queue? Mine went into production today but into the queue on the 26th (11 days). When I ordered the car it said August delivery, but changed a few days later to late July. I probably ordered my car a couple of days ahead of you and my shipping may be a little faster in Ohio, but I'd think yours would be early August.
  • Jul 7, 2015
    manis
    Happy to hear you got your car and are loving it!

  • Jul 10, 2015
    tstafford
    Still the same for me. In queue and showing August delivery.
  • Jul 10, 2015
    QueenB
    Confirmed 6/27, started building 7/7 and already complete and in transit today! Whew!!!
  • Jul 11, 2015
    rdverb
    ordered S85D July 3rd
    confirmed July 10th
    told to expect delivery in August
    will update as new info is available
  • Jul 14, 2015
    evjc
    July 14: In Production Queue
    I hope this means my car is assembled and just awaiting shipment. :confused: :confused:
    Seems rather odd that they would use that status message after the car was in production for over a week.
  • Jul 14, 2015
    tstafford
    Update: Showing that it's being built now (started today 7/14)
  • Jul 14, 2015
    evjc
    Very disappointed with customer communication regarding order

    Apologies in advance, but I need to vent.
    Why does what is supposed to be a modern hi-tech company have such terrible and frequently inaccurate communication with customers waiting on orders? As noted in a previous post, my order was "being built" for over a week and now shows as "In Production Queue" on MyTesla. If the build failed QA and the order needs to be rebuilt, why not just say so? If the build is finished and awaiting shipment, again why not simply say so? :cursing: :cursing:

    If the order needs to be rebuilt, I would be disappointed but understanding if properly informed. The lack of proper and consistently accurate status messages is very frustrating.


    Now after most of a day showing "In Production Queue" now MyTesla shows "In Transit". :smile: But why the In Production Queue status if the build was finished? That seems ridiculous.
  • Jul 15, 2015
    QueenB
    Update: Car arrived at the Denver SC today, delivery is scheduled for 7/17. Can not wait!!!
  • Jul 15, 2015
    BobC
    Model S 85D VIN 94638

    Ordered 6/12
    Confirmed 6/19
    VIN assigned 6/21
    In production 6/26
    Production complete/in transit 7/13

    To be delivered at Minneapolis, MN store. Don't know the delivery date yet, but based on others' experience of 18-20 days, I'll guess 7/31-8/3.
  • Jul 15, 2015
    78Lion
    The Tesla Factory is building your Model S. 7/15/15
    Ordered: 6/30/15
    Confirmed: 7/7/15
  • Jul 26, 2015
    BobC
    Delivered 7/24 (could have been a little earlier, but I was out of town 7/20-7/23), so 6/12 order date to 7/24 delivery date 42 days total.
  • Jul 27, 2015
    danni
    I just had an odd experience.

    Ordered 7/4 with preliminary delivery in September, confirmed 7/5, got VIN #96399 on 7/6, then went into production 7/18. Now the car is still in production but the expected delivery has been changed to October. However, when I go into the design studio for my country (Sweden) it says late September delivery if I were to order an identical spec now.

    How is it possible that my car that's already been in production for over a week can have a later expected delivery than a new car ordered today?
  • Jul 27, 2015
    evjc
    I think the Design Studio delivery estimate is based on delivery in the US. International delivery takes longer not only due to the time required for trans-oceanic shipment, but probably a need to ship a batch of cars together to the same port to get a reasonable shipping rate.

    Once ordered, the wait for delivery is the worst part of buying a Model S.
  • Jul 27, 2015
    danni
    No, the delivery estimates are different for the design studios in different countries. The transport overseas is definitely already factored in (when I ordered, the estimate in the US design studio was August).
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét