Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 1, 2017

Deliveries if Elon goes bazerk? part 1

  • Jun 12, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    Does anyone know how companies such as Tesla works?

    Will Tesla continue to operate if Elon loses his mind? He tweeted that he is not an alien, but used to be one. What in the world is going on?

    Elon Musk on Twitter
  • Jun 12, 2016
    JohnSnowNW
    I sincerely hope you're joking...and not trying to turn a flippant tweet into something it's not.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    jerry33
    He was born in South Africa. He came to the U.S. and now has U.S. citizenship. So he was an alien.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    No, I'm serious. He seems to be exploring a lot of ideas concerning the meaning of life.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    Good point...however I don't believe Elon is talking about citizenship. I could be wrong.

    Anywhoo... He is certainly free to believe whatever he wants. I'm just interested in the M3. Will we get one - no matter what his beliefs are?
  • Jun 12, 2016
    MikeC
    I would think that the obvious explanation is more likely to be correct than the assumption that he has simply gone insane. Pretty sure most people realize he was referring to his citizenship when they read that.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    jerry33
    If he was an alien from off-earth, he'd still be an alien. After all, Doctor Who remains an alien regards of the body he switches into.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Derek Kessler
    He was certainly talking about his citizenship history as a South African immigrant and not being of extraterrestrial origin. People like Elon think big and a lot, he just happens to do it aloud.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    melindav
    since you would be buying from Tesla Motors, not Elon Musk, I would say you have nothing to worry about.
    iPhones and MacBooks are still around without Steve Jobs heading up Apple.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    Read the tweets surrounding His tweets. They aren't talking about citizenship.

    No matter what...I'm concerned about delivery and my deposit.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    I hope you are correct. The only difference is Steve passed away and the baton was given to someone else. What if Elon refuses to relinquish the baton when he should. I suppose there is a board of directors in Tesla that would protect customers from a CEOs insanity.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Stoneymonster
    What is happening to this forum?
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Tiberius
    1. It was a joke.

    2. This should be in off-topic or MAYBE the section about Tesla itself, but even that's a stretch considering the validity of the "problem".

    EDIT: 3. You should probably stay off Twitter if you're this easily upset/confused/whatever.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    Hmmmm. I hope you guys are correct. Kill the thread if you choose. I was just wondering about deliveries of the M3...incase.....
  • Jun 12, 2016
    jerry33
    Running out of popcorn.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    JeffK
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Tes LA
    That tweet and the fact that he may or may not have been serious is one of the reasons he's changing the world and pushing the envelope. I wouldn't worry about it.

    We all know Elon has a sense of humor and sometimes can be a little wacky. That's what makes him who he is.

    I really think he's joking but if he's not who cares.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    lolachampcar
    Yep
    I sure hope Elon does not go nuts

    Cuz

    I want my car.


    Normally I try to be positive but that is a valid reading of this topic.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    SW2Fiddler
    I ...worry about influential people who do not.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    JRP3
    Yes, Elon has obviously lost it, you should cancel and get your deposit back right away....
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    I should have anticipated these responses, however I forgot to. I stepped away from this forum for a week and now I remember why.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    ecarfan
    I do not understand why you are concerned. If you think the risk is too high, cancel your reservation now and get your deposit back.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    What risk? I said nothing about deposits. I SAID..delivery. That's my only concern...delivery ( if the CEO is incapable of running the company). I didn't say that he "is" incapable.

    Is anyone reading? Or are you reading into what you think I'm asking?
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Tes LA
    You're thinking way too hard about this. Worst case Elon passes along to his brother, Kimball, who is already on the board. Or maybe JB takes complete control. Or maybe his cousin Lyndon Rive (who runs SolarCity). Elon isn't the only crayon in the box. He's the brightest one without a doubt, but not the only one.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    Finally - even with criticism.....someone responded to the question. Thanks.

    Please - someone close this thread. You guys are vicious.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    S3XY
    I have to admit I enjoyed this thread more than the last 6 threads speculating about the Model 3 Supercharger fee plan.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Krugerrand
    Pretty much the exact thing that's happening all over the world; microscopic brain eating organisms.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Krugerrand
    Yes, I'm reading. And in your post #10 you said, and I quote: No matter what...I'm concerned about delivery and my deposit.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    JRP3
    Seriously, he's not even understanding his own posts?
    GG, you posted a thread titled "Deliveries if Elon goes bazerk?" and really expect not to be clowned?
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Tiberius
    [?IMG]
  • Jun 12, 2016
    NOLA_Mike
    I have heard the press jokingly speculate that due to Elon's accomplishments to date that he "...must not be from this earth..." - he must be an alien that has come to save the planet. I think his tweet was a light hearted way to acknowledge that.

    Mike
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    Well. Everyone. Have fun then.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    ThirdRail
    Believe It or not, there are CEOs of major companies and presidential candidates that believe that some guy actually died for 3 days and then rose from the dead. To this day they still eat his flesh and drink his blood and ritualistic ceremonies. I really don't think we have to worry about Elon.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Krugerrand
    Alright then I'll pretend you were totally serious and it was a sincere question.

    Step 1: We'd want to look at familiar history to determine if there's documentation pointing to mental illness.
    Step 2: We'd want to look at the executive membership at Tesla to determine if there's anyone(s) capable of taking over guidance/control of the company.

    Conclusions:

    Step 1: No
    Step 2: Yes

    Now that we've got that out of the way, what's your next concern?
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    That's it. Done. Kill the thread
  • Jun 12, 2016
    FirstSea
    After Elon Musk crowns himself as Holy Martian Emperor in 2026, will he offer Martian citizenships to current Tesla owners, workers and SpaceX employees or will I have to apply for a visa and hope for an open residency program?
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Krugerrand
    That's a much harder question to answer, especially because I thought he was going for a King title. Anyone?
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Stoneymonster
    Visa applications will require a $1000 deposit, a signed NDA, and an 18-24 month wait.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    woof
    According to Werner Von Braun, the leader of Mars' title is "Elon".

    The Martian government was directed by ten men, the leader of whom was elected by universal suffrage for five years and entitled 'Elon.' Two houses of Parliament enacted the laws to be administered by the Elon and his cabinet." page 177

    Link: http://www.wlym.com/archive/oakland/docs/MarsProject.pdf
  • Jun 12, 2016
    3Victoria
    If you are in front of me in the queue, then you should definitely cancel your reservation. You can always reserve later.

    Elon Musk was playing with multiple meanings of 'alien'. He is of South African/Canadian descent and now is American : alien --> non-alien.

    Don't worry, be happy.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    S3XY
    Everyone has long known Elon's Secret Plan for Tesla's success. But now we know that his Secret Secret Plan was to run a space travel company (SpaceX) so he can realize his dream of flying home to Mars.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Krugerrand
    So we will address him as The Great Elon Elon?
  • Jun 12, 2016
    182RG
    You ran out of early adopters. You lowered the entry point, and let in the Model 3 riff-raff in the back door. This place will start a downward spiral......

    To the OP: TSLA is a public company. Tesla is not Elon Musk, nor is it his company. He's an investor, a board member, and an officer. Read up on public companies and how they are governed. McAfee is still going strong, and look how bat *sugar* crazy John McAfee is.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    bonnie
    Pfffyt. That happened when the Model S reservation holders showed up at the door.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    alseTrick
    Why do you care about your reservation? It's only a simulation reservation. All of this is only a simulation. That's what Elon told me.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Stoneymonster
    Nah, this place went downhill with Roadster 2.0.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    bonnie
    Point taken.

    Waiiit a minute. You weren't around then. Pfffyt, again.
  • Jun 12, 2016
    Boourns
  • Jun 12, 2016
    ecarfan
    You do not appear to be reading your own posts.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    jkk_
    No worries, switch to ice cream like ohmman recommended.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    SR22pilot
    This is a serious reply. You clearly missed the joke. Jokes don't go over well when people miss the point. I thought the post was a very funny play off of his immigrant background. You know the fact that the government refers to some immigrants as documented (or undocumented) aliens. I guess that, at least in this case, Elon and I have similar senses of humor. I just wish my bank account was more similar to his.

    As for the idea of the universe (and hence us) being a simulation, that represents Elon's deep interest in physics. Whether the universe is a simulation and whether there is a way for that to be determined is a very serious topic in cosmology. The current evidence points to us living in a simulation but it isn't anywhere near conclusive.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Vitold
    If EM decides than he is an Alien we should just accept our new Alien overlords. When it happens BMW will unexpectedly exit the market for unknown reasons while MB will pledge allegiance to the new world order. Toyota will most likely continue to be the market leader while claiming that hydrogen fuel cell was just a diversion. Chinese automaker will struggle to gain any market share because BYD in Alien is a very bad word.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    DrivingTheFuture
    If Elon Musk is an alien, we need to send very enticing invitations to whatever planet he came from and get more of his race to come live on Earth. Elon has made my life SO much better in so many ways and I'm eternally grateful. I use Paypal almost every day to accept donations for my nonprofit, to sell items online, and to donate to many other worthy causes / companies that I support. I currently drive a car that simply would not exist without Tesla, and is MUCH smoother and enjoyable to drive than my wife's brand new Mercedes Benz, also, driving said car has saved me thousands of dollars that I would have spent on my previous ICE vehicle. And SpaceX? Well, I'm inspired and excited every time I watch a launch (and now landing ;) ) to go out and make the world, scratch that, the UNIVERSE a better place in any way that I can. These companies make me proud to be American, because I know the world looks on in envy at their accomplishments. Stopping into this forum during breaks at the office or on the weekend has provided countless hours of enjoyment and something to look forward to in my day to day life. Now if you'll all excuse me, I've got a plane to catch... and I can't wait to see what Elon (alien or not ) does next.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    JRP3
    Hey, I resemble that remark, and I've been here almost since the beginning ;)
  • Jun 13, 2016
    JRP3
    Step 3: We'd want to check and see if we had a sense of humor.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    182RG
    OK...now we've taken a turn towards the dark side. Lock please.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    JeffK
    Before any locking...

    "berserk" it's "berserk"... for three whole pages no one has called it out. Ahhh, I'm going crazy about the spelling. I'm going berserk. :mad::confused::eek:o_O
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    My deposit wasn't a simulation. It was real.

    Maybe you can give me a simulated loan of $35k for the M3.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Krugerrand
    I was waiting for you to do it. Took you long enough.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Krugerrand
    We've established that you do in fact care about your deposit money. Would it upset you if Elon used it to pay for his therapy?
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    Thanks for sticking to the point. I perceive Elon to be more than just a board member - although I know that you are correct.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    I established the concern for my deposit myself. It didn't have to be established.

    Is there any way to ignore people in a forum?
  • Jun 13, 2016
    AB4EJ
    Suggestion: read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - this will provide plenty of insights, and a view of dry, offbeat humor.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Krugerrand
    Yep.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    182RG
    Oh yes, and it is a glorious feature......

    IgnoreList.jpg
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Krugerrand
    So, I'll take your dislike of my question to you as a yes then.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    Thanks. Must be working.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Carl
    "Bazerk" is the correct spelling on Ork, I am told. As everyone knows Elon was banned from Ork because humor was not tolerated there, and given Elon's own sense of humor, his boss wanted to find out how things were on Earth.

    Reading this thread, Elon will have to report back that we can keep up humor for quite a while, but that as soon as someone tries to associate humor with religion, a self-propelling downward spiral starts up, and never stops before it reaches the very dark side indeed (ask Salman Rushdie, Molly Norris, Theo van Gogh, Wolinski, Cabu, Charb, ... - unfortunately the last four cannot even answer any more, and the first two need to hide from their killers).

    Maybe we should actually hope Elon is from Ork, and can report this bug to some programmers up there, because, if Earth's life were a simulation, that's one algorithm in Earth's simulation that, perhaps, could really be corrected :(
  • Jun 13, 2016
    ohmman
    mod note: two posts moved to politics quarantine thread.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    malcolm
    Also: fully refundable.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    alseTrick
    No. It was most likely a simulation. You are a simulated you within a simulated world that reserved a car that's within the simulation. If it's easier for you to understand, you are in the Matrix and you don't know it. Your car will taste like chicken and deja vu means they changed something in the simulation.

    Also, it's spelled berserk.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    1208
    Know nede two gow bascerque abowt spellling.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    DrivingTheFuture
    Don't ignore @Krugerrand, she is a valuable asset. It would be a mistake.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    bonnie
    I fixed it for you.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Garlan Garner
    He's a valuable what? The post quit printing after the next 3 characters. Can you re-post?

    Oh sorry ... she? Hmmmm
  • Jun 13, 2016
    DrivingTheFuture
    I ALMOST wrote he/she ... almost.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    bonnie
    Hindsight. It's a wonderful thing. :)
  • Jun 13, 2016
    DrivingTheFuture
    Sigh. I think I could use a walk in your labyrinth today. Too bad I'm in Baltimore right now...
  • Jun 13, 2016
    deonb
    Elon Musk: Space Pirate.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    lolachampcar
    Sometimes when you're not paying attention you step in something.

    You never seem to get it off as quickly as you would have liked but the smell eventually goes away.

    Be patient and this will all blow over.

    as for the death back to life blood drinking thing, I see why your handle is 3rd rail :). However, you did fail to mention the seemingly endless supply of little boys.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Max*
    An alien wrote one of them.
  • Jun 13, 2016
    Krugerrand
    You is so funny. Alas, it's true. But it's too bad he couldn't last through my goofiness just a bit longer because I was about to give him really good advice. No. Seriously.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét