Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 11, 2016

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be? part 2

  • Jun 3, 2015
    Cyclone
    This is a picture of my Dolphin Gray on the right, next to a Midnight Silver (a.k.a. Steel Gray) on the left. I hope this helps.
    MioE7UD.jpg
  • Jun 3, 2015
    ecarfan
    Tesla calls that new color Titanium Metallic.
  • Jun 3, 2015
    Cyclone
    I'm confused on what you are referring to. This is Titanium Metallic
    Zu3MHmA.jpg
  • Jun 3, 2015
    ecarfan
    You are correct, and I am wrong! My apologies.
  • Jun 3, 2015
    Cyclone
    No worries! We are only human. I hope to make as few mistakes as you by the time I get to nearly 4k posts!! Btw, if I was ordering new today, I would totally get Titanium, but I love my Dolphin Gray!
  • Jun 4, 2015
    travwill
    OMG, finally after 4+ weeks!
    FullSizeRender.jpg
  • Jun 4, 2015
    bonaire
    travwill, Maybe your post yesterday helped kick it into gear.
  • Jun 4, 2015
    Max*
    Now you need to keep refreshing that page! Though my car spend 12 days "In Production"...
  • Jun 4, 2015
    travwill
    Yes, now I can start obsessing about production time and keep refreshing this one ;-) Should be done by Sunday, so 3 days later I was told by DS :) We'll see if that holds true.
  • Jun 4, 2015
    Anthony7
    Thx for the pics Cyclone, def a dark color... almost blue grey hence midnight. I like it and hope it doesn't attract much dirt, will you be wrapping it?

    Travwill, has your DS given you any sort of delivery estimate?
  • Jun 4, 2015
    Cyclone
    Thanks. Mine is the "lighter" gray with the temp tag. I plan to get a partial wrap. That will probably happen later this month. Things have been crazy on my end -- I don't even have a NEMA 14-50 installed yet. Using 120v at home.
  • Jun 4, 2015
    travwill
    No firm estimate yet. Just that it could be between June 21 - 29th at this point. I imagine that when it wraps up production in a couple days, hopefully starts transit quick, and will get a more firm date. Assuming other people on here will be on a similar transit/train.
  • Jun 4, 2015
    !S4
    Travwill, I think ours should be coming in real close to each other. I'm estimating no later than June 24th, but I haven't heard anything from my DS.

    Where are you getting yours? I'm going to Villa Park.
  • Jun 4, 2015
    travwill
    May be together then. I'll share revised date with ya when have it. I'm picking up here in the city, Chicago location on Grand. My DS did also just email me and add:

    "When the car hits the rail hub in Joliet we usually have about 5 days left before delivery."
  • Jun 4, 2015
    bjwModelS
    Hoping I hope on that train with you... Still stuck in purgatory.

    Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 2.26.40 PM.png
  • Jun 4, 2015
    !S4
    It'll be frustrating to know it's that close for that long, but I'm sure I'll survive somehow.

    Also, if you didn't already order a license plate mount IPass now would be the time to do it. They can mount the IPass behind the nosecone if you won't have a front plate installed.
  • Jun 4, 2015
    travwill
    Thanks, yes it will be knowing its so close. I didn't have a plate on a car for a while here an Chicago and it got to the point I had to add it. The meter maids always look for it, even when on a residential street now parked. I racked up some tickets at $50 a pop. For the MS I ordered "The Law" plate that just goes on the front of the car, is autopilot compatible, and will look ok while not having to drill holes. Figure I can attached the iPass license plate tag I ordered to that ok first, if doesn't work out will put behind nosecone - they are not that huge/heavy. I'm more hoping that my work parking garage tag works if I put it up by the rearview mirror as don't have other options for that RFID tag.

    -T
  • Jun 5, 2015
    bjwModelS
    Hold that train, travwill!

    36 days from confirmation to production.

    Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 8.04.08 AM.png
  • Jun 5, 2015
    travwill
    Awesome too. So seems me (white) was done a little first, then they did other colors ending up in Blue too. We will probably have myself, you, and !S4 I believe all on the same transport like Sun/Monday I bet.

    Another awesome note was !S4 just pointed me to this thread. I bet/hope that we are going to be LTE enabled instead of 3G :)

    -T
  • Jun 5, 2015
    RobAndrews510
    Make sure there is room on that for my Chicago bound 85D also!
  • Jun 5, 2015
    Bwdavis99
    Tic Toc.......
    Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 10.57.00 AM.png
  • Jun 5, 2015
    bjwModelS
    I legitimately cringed when I saw this photo.... Same color, rims, etc as my order. I looked at that screen at least 100 times in the past 35 days. My instant gut reaction was that I went back to production queue :cursing: hah! Hope your wait is shorter than mine was.
  • Jun 5, 2015
    Bwdavis99
    FINALLY!!!!


    Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 12.39.07 PM.png



    :biggrin:Maybe I found the magic ticket. Just need to post your status.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Now I need to worry about the old saying about a car built on a Friday afternoon. :eek:
  • Jun 5, 2015
    travwill
    LOTS of blues coming out lately it seems! ;-) Enjoy! If you switched status today (Friday) that most likely means your heading into the paint shop today, to paint, dry, check out - so you'll build over the weekend days mostly ;-) I just hope the weekend crew is happy mainly and does a good job for ya hehehe! Now some of us are building today probably - so yeah, Friday, sure hope those QA processes work well!
  • Jun 6, 2015
    RobAndrews510
    Status went to back in the production queue. I'm guessing it's now done and ready to be shipped then.
  • Jun 6, 2015
    Electricfan
    Delivery took place last Thursday. Here are some pictures of the car. It has a few defects, and I have an appointment to take it in for repairs on July 1. One piece of advice I would give to you when picking up is to make them demonstrate it will charge. I got home and the charge port door would not open. Still won't open unless I bang on it for a minute or two with my hand, as the service center people advised me to do when I called them.

    If you want to catch the problems I have with my car, check the following:

    Open the frunk. I found the drivers's side floor mat in the frunk of the car when I got home. When I went to install it, one of the little round plastic pieces that was supposed to be in the carpet for the mat to attach to was laying upside down unattached. Perhaps this is why they put the mat in the frunk, not sure.

    Second issue found in the frunk - there is a large plastic piece across the top, right under the windshield. Mine is detached on the left (passenger) side and cannot be snapped in or pushed down into place.

    Open all four doors and check the rubber gaskets on the car frame (wouldn't hurt to check the ones on the doors either). On my car in the frame of the rear door on the drivers side there's a loose gasket. I discovered it when I was drying the car after washing it.

    Check all four door handles - while they are extended. My driver's door handle has small but noticeable scratches on the top. Again, found only when washing the car. They're not as easy to see in the day but stand out in lower lighting.

    Last, the dash squeaks just exactly like my 2013 car did. Tesla fixed this with a piece of felt applied under the dash above the 17" touchscreen. Don't know why in the world they don't just put this in the car at the factory.

    For all the people who will attack this post (the Tesla defenders crowd which dominate this forum), give it a rest. I love Tesla and my Model S. However, its going to be a long time before Tesla has 100 years of car making experience like GM, Ford, etc, and we're going to suffer those growing pains with them. There's no reason to "hide" the problems, or not talk about them like we're ashamed of them. Posting and sharing is the best way to help Tesla make a better car. That's all I want to do. If the 2017 Model S is as much better features-wise (in my opinion) I'll trade my 2015 for a 2017. I just hope the dash squeak is fixed by then!

    Also, I admit I should have looked at the car harder before I pushed the "Accept Delivery" button on Whitney's IPad. That's my fault. But would it really have changed anything if I had? They are taking care of me - gave me no static at all about fixing the above items. I guess one thing it would do would be to force them to actually look at the car before they deliver it. They obviously didn't check mine too closely - the floor mat problem couldn't have been missed by anybody giving even a cursory glance at the car. I was so damn excited to be getting the car I didn't even notice it had no floor mat.

    Last, I am putting a coat of Zaino car polish on it, and it looks great so far. I'll post a post-Zaino picture if I have the energy.

    IMG_2979.JPG IMG_2980.JPG IMG_2983.JPG IMG_2991.JPG IMG_3001.JPG
  • Jun 6, 2015
    Electrical_Eng
    I've waited since October 2013 to get my first Tesla MS. I live in the Midwest so AWD was important for me. I finally confirmed a P85D on May 23, 2015. The MS status changed on Friday, May 29 to build status. The P85D finished the build status on June 4th and went back to the production queue...can anyone explain why MS's go back to the production queue after being built? It was only in this queue for a short while...I asked my DS about the status and he said it was undergoing final inspections. Are final inspections part of the queue process after a MS is built?

    Later in the day the status changed to In Transit. My DS said the P85D was shipping via rail to Chicago and then by truck to Columbus, Ohio (where I live).

    What is the typical transit time to Chicago on rail? I wish Tesla could give owners more of a status than having to rely on contacting our DS. My DS has been great...I don't want to keep bugging him for status updates.

    The DS said he anticipates delivery to be close to June 25 (right around my birthday). This would mean close to 20 days of transit, etc. before delivery. This seems like a long time, but I am not familiar with the shipping industry.

    I have been looking at the Google Spreadsheet and it shows recent transit/delivery times for the Midwest varying from about 10 days to 25+ days.

    Can anyone comment on recent transit times through Chicago? Chicago seems to be a hub for MS's.

    Thanks.
  • Jun 6, 2015
    pmoa
    Electrical_eng my MS was stuck in Chicago for at least a week. It took about two weeks to get there on rail. Rest assured that the car is better protected in a train.

    It's a painful wait, but it will all be worth it. It took a full month from production end to make it to a SC and prepped. Once at the SC, the service teams would like 48 hours to check it out and do some QC before the keys hit my hand.
  • Jun 6, 2015
    Andyw2100
    I may be thinking of something different, so this may not help, but I remember something about things like that that just screw into the carpet. I vaguely recall having to do something with things like that when I removed the stock carpets to replace them with the rubber all weather floor mats.
  • Jun 6, 2015
    Electrical_Eng
    Thanks, pmoa. I need the extra time to install the wall charger with 100 Amp circuit breaker. I also ordered the dual charger so I'll have to wait on the SC to install it. I am hoping for an "insane" birthday though (June 25)!
  • Jun 6, 2015
    Sosius
    Got my 70D today! Only issue so far is a ground fault in hwpc and I think that's my electrician's fault. Also, my car has LTE, which is cool.

    So far I'm loving it. No regrets at all. Except maybe that the drunk is much smaller in the 70D than past model S.
  • Jun 6, 2015
    RDuke
    Exciting news about the LTE. My 70D is on a train heading to FL, so hopefully it will have LTE enabled too.
  • Jun 6, 2015
    travwill
    There are actually a number of us it seems expecting cars in Chicago area in the next week or so. My should finish production tomorrow, Sunday 7th, and then ship out to Chicago. DS told me should delivery around 21st of June, to 29th at latest. That's 1.5 to 2 weeks, but who knows as it may vary a little.

    They could be bundling all of us up into a similar rail company/shipment in next couple days it may seem.

    -T
  • Jun 7, 2015
    Anthony7
    Thanks for the tips electricfan, beautiful car! It's good to see another Midnight Silver.. can't wait to drive mine home soon! 5 full days in production now, hopefully a status change tmrw. On Fri, I paid the balance off on the car... feels weird paying off a car and not having it yet. :scared:
  • Jun 7, 2015
    S4WRXTTCS
    Where did the delivery take place? At the SC or at your home? I don't understand how a SC could deliver a car where the charge port wouldn't work and any bit of carpet wouldn't be installed. On my delivery I failed to test drive the car before I accepted. So now I have a dash rattle/squeak near the touchscreen. I'm not sure how to tell the difference between the two. Maybe it's closer to a squeak than a rattle on my car. It occurs when I'm going over certain surfaces. It's really annoying.

    The SC took care of everything that was obvious. I haven't washed it yet so I'm sure I'll see a few things.

    The only thing outside of the dash issue is there is a trim piece under the back rear that doesn't quite align. I'll get that fixed sometime.

    With my car it felt like the entire delivery was a bit rushed. They kept talking about how they delivered 20 cars that day, and there was car after car waiting to be delivered. It was rather astonishing because all these cars are around the $100K mark. It was crazy. Sure most of it has to do with the pending sales tax exemption.

    When I emailed my DS about the Dash squeak/rattle all I got back was an apology and that a "customer concern" was created. That was yesterday so I'll probably know by tomorrow. I imagine it's going to be awhile before one of the two SC's in my state can get to it.

    At least now that I have the car I can understand why people are overlooking these annoyances. They are because it's all rather otherworldly when driving it.
    There is this trade of between the luxury/trim/fit that I'm used to with German cars. I give up a bit of that in exchange for this kind of almost unreal connection to the road. I say go and it GOES. I let go and it slows in nice proportion. It's like this weird teleporter that jumps you from point to point.

    At other times it will probably cause me to go bald from frustration.
  • Jun 7, 2015
    Aultimate
    We also have a 70D that should be finishing up production very soon, that we will pick up in Chicago. Can't wait!!
  • Jun 7, 2015
    xhawk101
    Indeed and to st Petersburg no less! What color?
  • Jun 7, 2015
    RDuke
    We chose the deep metallic blue with a tan interior. Probably not quite as pretty as your red, but close :wink:
  • Jun 7, 2015
    Obsession
    I'm another Highland Park Chicago customer. I've visited the Santa Monica CA and Washington DC stores over the past year and the Highland Park store is very busy by comparison. My P85D is in production and ETA is Late June. So excited. Midnight silver, auto, lighting, dual chargers, 19" cyclones, next gen seats, air suspension
  • Jun 7, 2015
    travwill
    Awesome, also picking up a 70D here in Chicago. Late June, it is in production right now, hopefully finishing/shipping tomorrow I'd say ;-)
  • Jun 7, 2015
    Electricfan
    Delivery was at the Houston service center on Westchase Drive. I too am a bit mystified that they handed me a car with a non-working charge door. Really can't make heads or tails of that.

    On your dash squeak - if you put your thumb on the edge of the dash right above the 17" touchscreen and lift up, does the squeak go away? If so, its got the same problem both my cars have had - and they can easily fix it with a piece of felt put in there. I stuck a piece of cloth in mine temporarily to kill the noise - it will drive you crazy.

    As far as people overlooking these problems, you're right. But think about it - if GM or Ford wanted to they could make a car like the Tesla Model S, and with their decades of car building experience it wouldn't have near the issues the Model S has. I think Tesla would go out of business overnight. I'm hoping that doesn't happen - me and a whole lot of others will be screwed holding cars with a non-existent manufacturer. Would that be a nightmare or what?? Hopefully the knowledge required to service them could be picked up by other repair shops and batteries could be replaced, etc., but it would really be a bad situation. I hope like hell Tesla makes it.
  • Jun 8, 2015
    Anthony7
    "Production Complete. Your Model S is in transit from the factory." 88195

    Status just changed... again no email. Looks like it took about 6 days in production. My est delivery is 6/15 :smile:
  • Jun 8, 2015
    travwill
    Awesome, I'm 88193, just 2 before you! Still in production but hoping I switch to transit today too soon ;-)
  • Jun 8, 2015
    pedriscoll
    Mine has been listed "in transit" since 6/4, but no word from DS at all on delivery date. Still late June.
    " The waiting is the hardest part."
  • Jun 8, 2015
    travwill
    Ha, yes the waiting kills! I feel like to Tesla, "Late June" means June 30th, or last week of June so Jun 30 - Jul 4th" oh but I'm sure that holiday will delay things further ;-)
  • Jun 8, 2015
    RobAndrews510
    Now officially "In transit from the factory"
  • Jun 8, 2015
    xhawk101
    The new blue is getting close!
  • Jun 9, 2015
    RDuke
    Yeah I'm guessing it's on a CSX train, as I see they have a route from CA into Tampa. Tic Toc......
  • Jun 9, 2015
    pedriscoll
    Spoke with my DS today. Mine is between CA and Chicago. He expects delivery to me between 6/22-6/26.
    The next 2 weeks are going to be endless!!
  • Jun 9, 2015
    Anthony7
    I just spoke to my DS and she says it could arrive any day now and they need at least 2 days to get the car ready. Tues/Wed of next week the latest. She wasn't able to locate the car thou. My console hasn't arrived either, it's been a month and I was charged again for it over the wknd. I got a credit for the prev charge when I ordered it too so don't know what that's about.
  • Jun 9, 2015
    Max*
    To be fair I can track my toaster [through UPS] better than my car :p
  • Jun 9, 2015
    Anthony7
    Well with the re-charge, at least it seems the console has been shipped. I wonder if they have a tracking number! :eek:
  • Jun 10, 2015
    bjwModelS
    Check again travwill. I'm officially in transit :)
  • Jun 10, 2015
    pedriscoll
    When mine went back into the queue, it then was listed in transit that evening. I had the 240 volt outlet installed in my garage today. Just need the car to plug into it!!
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Anthony7
    Tmrw will be day 5 "in transit" and no word from DS. If it doesn't arrive tmrw then I def won't get it until next week since they need time to prep the car, etc.. and they don't work on the wknd. In the meantime, I've downloaded and reading the driver manual. I do hope my car comes with LTE since the recent deliveries in the past week have had it.
  • Jun 11, 2015
    DFiveK2
    28 days and counting. Don't get your hopes up.
  • Jun 12, 2015
    travwill
    Finally! It moved to "Your Model S is in transit from the factory." :) At least I know it is on the way somewhat now to Chicago and not just sitting in the lot anymore...
  • Jun 12, 2015
    Max*
    16,680 seconds to go!

    Not that I'm counting or anything...
  • Jun 12, 2015
    travwill
    YEAH! Totally don't want to make anyone jealous here as I've already been running late, but just got a call from my DS here in Chicago. My car went into transit after sitting on the lot a while this AM I noticed. Got a call though that said it COULD be here by Monday, so we setup a delivery pickup for next Wednesday now at the SC in Chicago, 6/17! Not even really late June anymore.

    So apparently, they throw them on trucks sometimes and not trains. Mine is coming on a truck straight to Chicago SC versus the long train ride now - hopefully safely still.

    Gotta pay for it now I guess and totally stoked to get it earliest than expected now still (maybe).

    -T
  • Jun 12, 2015
    wayner
    Wouldn't it be so much nicer if they activated your Tesla account on the car when the car left the factory so that you could see where it is while you are awaiting delivery?
  • Jun 12, 2015
    samuel
    Awesome. Mine was finished building May 16th, arrived at the SC on June 3rd and I just took delivery (June 10th, earliest date I was offered). I'm glad they aren't making you wait like that.
  • Jun 12, 2015
    mferris
    travwill - Did you get any other (good) warning - or did the DS just give you call out of the blue? I'm "In Transit" since last Sunday and closing in on my Late June delivery to North Carolina - and need to start moving money around - so was looking for some advance warning about the delivery and how much my final is. So far no email warnings from Tesla and I haven't bothered connecting with my DS about delivery yet. I'll give it a few more days I guess (only 5 days into transit so far).
  • Jun 12, 2015
    travwill
    No, for me it finished build on Mon/Tue. Sat on the lot all week really, went into transit early this AM though. I figured it was on a train finally, but got that call a couple hours later saying "surprise, its on a truck and will likely arrive in Chicago by Monday". So it was pretty quick after transit started for me he called. I also had to react a little and finalize my loan soon and sell some (don't laugh) Bitcoin I was holding onto at a profit at least for cash to use on purchase ;-)

    Also, a note that I haven't every gotten any emails from Tesla really. Just that generic one about charging after getting my VIN it was all.
  • Jun 12, 2015
    Anthony7
    I went from production straight to In transit and I can't believe it's taking a week for a truck to get to Las Vegas. I've never got any emails, just checked status daily. I can't believe the DS doesn't know when to expect a delivery. Mferris, once the car goes into production you should get your docs and the total price so you can go ahead and pay. At least if you pay cash, I'm not sure about financing.
  • Jun 12, 2015
    mferris
    Hmm. Mine is in transit as of last Sunday and I still dont see the docs and total price. Only the order agreement the day I ordered with the price without taxes etc. I'll give it a few more days.
  • Jun 12, 2015
    RobAndrews510

    Any other Chicago area folks get this good news? I hope travwill's isn't the only one on that truck
  • Jun 12, 2015
    Anthony7
    I would ask your DS, your purchase agreement and ability to pay should be available. You don't want to wait until the car arrives because it could further delay things. You checked my tesla right?
  • Jun 12, 2015
    travwill
    Yes, would make sense to load at least a few of us on or more I'd say if it is indeed a large truck! Hope you guys get a surprise call in next day or so - so be ready just in case even. This afternoon they swapped myTesla over to make a final payment mode and now I just have to wait in anticipation until next Wed - sure hope it is on time now but I'd be happy with next week really anytime!
  • Jun 13, 2015
    !S4
    Mine is STILL showing as in production. I ordered the same day as you too! I'll blame the combo of rear seats and the new blue...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Not for me. :(
  • Jun 13, 2015
    travwill
    Ah well soon enough I hope for ya. Maybe they will do the same thing and send a couple more trucks out to save time and meet June deliveries. I'm assuming Tesla wants to report a high number of quarterly deliveries and can't formally until the customer accepts the delivery - so may be a push of faster transit options used here to meet end of June promises.

    They do paint in batches so maybe you missed the last blue window and had to wait a bit. Was there some delay with the 3rd row/rear seats I didn't know about? I didn't get them.
  • Jun 14, 2015
    Yonki
    Thanks for the great tool, breser! I just entered what little info I have right now. Most of the columns were self-explanatory, but what is the "Earliest delivery date? Yes/No" column about? This has probably been asked before...perhaps it could go into the "How to use" section so it doesn't get asked again?
  • Jun 14, 2015
    bjwModelS
    My car is on train to Chicago, then truck to Cincinnati only to go on another truck to Indy. Would make more sense for me to work with Chicago DS and just take delivery from Illinois instead of Ohio, since my car will go through Indy to get to Cincy. Oh well.
  • Jun 14, 2015
    travwill
    Totally and you could have enjoyed that nice ride home I'm sure, but water under the bridge at this point. Hang in there and hope that train & trucks speed up for you.

    I'm finding it hard to sleep almost now in anticipation of Wednesday morning! :)
  • Jun 14, 2015
    Anthony7
    Travwill are you picking up your car on Wed? I sure hope my car arrived over the wknd, I would kinda like it NOW. I'll be calling first thing in the morning. 7 days in transit and it's only a 7.5 hr drive to the factory! :confused:
  • Jun 14, 2015
    breser
    Thought this was pretty obvious. Is your delivery date the earliest date possible or did you defer delivery? The purpose of this question is to allow tracking of how quickly Tesla is able to deliver cars. If we include delays introduced by the customer then it throws off the results.
  • Jun 15, 2015
    travwill
    Yep! I have an appointment for 11AM We'd for pickup.
    that is if it arrives in Chicago on Monday like they expect by truck. They then have to prep it etc I guess on Tue first.
  • Jun 15, 2015
    bjwModelS
    So excited for you travwill :) Glad they were able to expedite it so you can enjoy before your travels!
  • Jun 15, 2015
    Anthony7
  • Jun 15, 2015
    Anthony7
    my status has changed to "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery." I guess that means it has arrived! It's only 10a which is when they open and nobody answering phone yet...
  • Jun 15, 2015
    Anthony7
    I just spoke to my DS and she confirmed my car has arrived and they are processing the 7 cars. They will be prepping car and installing the center console for my pickup tmrw at 1pm! :cool:
  • Jun 15, 2015
    travwill
    Awesome! Post some pics later of that great silver, grey, and black combo when you get a chance ;-) Enjoy and have fun tomorrow!
  • Jun 15, 2015
    Electrical_Eng
    My Columbus DS said when I confirmed the MS order, "Most likely it will be transported from the Fremont, CA factory by a semi-truck car hauler instead of our normal rail moves. When it has completed the production process and the transporter has it, I will be able to track their progress and provide you with updates along the way."

    Well the MS ended up on a rail. Totally deflating especially seeing on My Tesla how quickly the P85D was built. It has taken 9 days to go from Fremont to New Mexico. I wonder how Tesla determines if a MS will be shipped via truck or rail.

    The DS said, "The train hauling your Model S is currently at a rail compound near Clovis, New Mexico. It will soon be rolling again with another stop before finally reaching the Chicago area rail compound. Once in Chicago the rail cars will be unloaded and your Model S will be transported to the Columbus service center."

    I thought I read that P85Ds were given high priority for delivery and that is one of the reasons I bought the P85D so I would not have to wait so long. I am sure it will all be worth the wait.

    The wall charger is taking a long time to show up at my home. Ordered it awhile back and after e-mailing Tesla (apparently it can take 9 days to ship it out) it is scheduled to arrive on June 17. Guess that went the rail route too. I have the 100-Amp service all ready to go. I am also installing two NEMA 14-50 receptacles (one in case the wall charger fails and the other for hopefully a Model X or Model 3). I would like to get feedback on any other items that would be useful to install now.

    I concur with wayner when he said, "Wouldn't it be so much nicer if they activated your Tesla account on the car when the car left the factory so that you could see where it is while you are awaiting delivery?" I can track a $1 item on Amazon yet can't track a MS without bugging my DS. I will e-mail Tesla on our behalf to suggest this feature.

    Glad to hear that others are getting their deliveries. I can't wait to join you guys!

    Quick question: someone told me that rail is safer than truck. Why is rail safer? Thanks.
  • Jun 15, 2015
    travwill
    id say if by truck:
    1. Lots more potential for road debris to hit loaded cars.
    2. Way more chase of an accident occurring with other cars driving
    3. Roads suck in areas so bumpy, construction, etc.
    4. Trucks have to stop some too and rest more.
  • Jun 15, 2015
    Anthony7
    I guess my DS isn't aware about tracking cars? I find it amazing that some are able to track cars via rail or truck yet mine always said she can't. I also can't believe it took a week for my car to get to Las Vegas from CA... DS says there was a whole truck delivered so there couldn't have been any stops. One of those Tesla mysteries ... I just hope my car was on top in the middle :wink:
  • Jun 16, 2015
    travwill
    Sweet DS wrote me and said if free they would probably have car ready around 5PM today if I'm free to stop in. OF COURSE I'll make sure I'm free!

    beautiful day here in Chicago so look forward to picking up my bright white MS today now. I will say that the last week has surprised me in speed! After sitting on Tesla lot then getting trucked in and delivered next day now :)

    :smile:
  • Jun 16, 2015
    wayner
    The day after you win the Stanley Cup is always a beautiful day. 48 years and counting here in Toronto.
  • Jun 16, 2015
    Anthony7
    OMG! just brought her home... It was so distracting driving home. I'm happy and the car has LTE!

    2.jpg 3.jpg
  • Jun 16, 2015
    Electrical_Eng
    Thanks for this list. Makes sense.

    And congrats on the delivery!

    My DS sent me an update that the MS P85D is still in New Mexico. Been there for a week. I guess there is another "black hole" besides Chicago out there for MS's! :)
  • Jun 16, 2015
    pedriscoll
    Anthony and Travwill, Congrats!! Now I am really jealous that I have to wait till next week for mine!!!
  • Jun 16, 2015
    bjwModelS

    Welllllll??????? :)
  • Jun 16, 2015
    blue_superstar
    Just took delivery of my Metallic Blue Model S 85D from the factory. Didn't really have a full on Model S delivery walk through. The delivery specialist asked if I had already seen the delivery walk through videos and I said yes. So he said that he would just answer my questions and moved on. I didn't really have too many questions, quickly went through the paper work and took the car for a drive. Returned an hour later for the factory tour. Factory tour was awesome and saw hundreds of Model S cars being produced.

    I had chosen textile interior as I'm not a big fan of leather. I had never seen a standard textile interior until today. I'm quite happy with the seats but not so much with the dashboard, headliner and doors. There is just hard plastic and have seen much cheaper cars having better fit and finish. For those out there who went with textile interior or considering it I recommend checking out a car in person before going with that option.
  • Jun 16, 2015
    travwill
    Ha, it is awesome, even better than I remember. Wrote some feedback real fast on the 70D thread and owner impressions thread, not this one. But, will have to get some cool pics soon but heck, they all look the same somewhat right? I am really happy with the white, looks great with the tan interior and really like the black headliner with that combo. I got alcantara on the dash which looks pretty good - but people building say after june 1 will be getting leather again on the dash, FYI...
  • Jun 17, 2015
    bjwModelS

    Congrats on delivery! I'm getting my 14-50 installed in the garage as we speak... and hoping the next 2-3 weeks fly by :)

    Any threads talking about leather vs alcantara on dash?
  • Jun 17, 2015
    travwill
    Thanks! No threads on the comparison other than I think you will have alacantara also since we built at similar times, the switch back to leather really just started and I think they honored what you were supposed to get in your order actually (so order time is more important). The leather will look nice and maybe be easier to clean, but the alcantara looks more special/unique somewhat.

    Snagged a picture (although not a great one) at the work garage today before walking in... It is so clean/new right now hehe, will never be quite so clean at this level again...
    FullSizeRenderTeslaGarage.jpg
  • Jun 17, 2015
    mposki
    So I ordered on June 2, it was autoconfirmed on June 9, entered queue on June 11 and was told yesterday that it will hit the production floor on June 19 (or 22). I have an appointment to take delivery the day after I return from a vacation on July 3.

    Just had the HPWC installed yesterday. Not surprisingly 100A electrical wire is massive.

    1 month from order to delivery. Impressive.
  • Jun 17, 2015
    Anthony7
    Nice ride! windows look tinted already.

    I woke up to a fully charged car (90%) at 214 miles and a garage that smells like heaven (new car smell) :cool:
  • Jun 17, 2015
    BigThumper
    My first post! Like many others, I have been stalking for a few months, soaking up as much info as possible. This forum is what made me pull the trigger. So thanks so much for the many contributions.

    Ordered: 5/7
    Confirmed: 5/15
    Production: Around 6/4 (just happened to notice in mytesla)
    In Transit: Around 6/10 (once again, just happened to notice)
    Delivery set for: 6/24
    VIN: 89986

    I received minimal communication from my DS. He called me when the order was placed and emailed when it was in transit (6/11). Although I knew when it was in transit because I began checking the website more frequently. Today, I emailed him about getting a firmer date for delivery and he replied that it will be ready next Wed! I wonder when he was going to call me with that info? LOL

    I tried to keep myself calm ever since I placed the order...by trying not to read this forum that much(yeh right), not bugging the DS, not stopping by the store. That's all over now! No more calm. I'm pumped!! I think I'll need ambien to get sleep for the next week!! Maybe the DS shouldn't have told me until the date was closer???? Ehhh...who am I kidding.

    And to top it off......my wife, who is NEVER pumped about any car I've ever had.....is overly pumped about this one. My wife told the sales lady, that she would love to rub baby oil all over the Model S and just rub it!! LOL! You should have seen the sales lady's reaction. Gotta luv the wifey. But I have a bigger problem.....I don't share cars well........... :scared:

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh yeah...the specs

    Model S 70D | 89986 | Obsidian Black | Premium Interior & Lighting | Black Next Gen Seats | Black Alcantara | Panoramic Roof | Autopilot | UHF Sound | 19" Cyclone | Subzero
  • Jun 17, 2015
    Anthony7
    One of the things that stand out I love is the black alcantara, you'll love it!
  • Jun 17, 2015
    travwill
    I know, it is great. I haven't had that smell in like 10+ years actually as this is first truly new car in a while - I'm sure its not healthy hehehe but nothing beats it! I'm charged at 80% right now with 196 miles ;-)
  • Jun 17, 2015
    mposki
    So I am cross posting between threads but I just found out my car is IN PRODUCTION. 15 days post order, 8 days post order confirmation.
  • Jun 17, 2015
    mikeg561
    Yea, if you found a way to stay calm, please let me know!

  • Jun 18, 2015
    RobAndrews510
    Checked with my DS. My car (and a number of others I would think) is in the Joliet,IL BNSF logistics center. His best guess is about week out now.
  • Jun 18, 2015
    BozieBeMe2
    I foresee the day when technology will allow various messages that can be sent to the end purchaser, allowing descriptive information that pertains to the purchase, or error in question. Ha! Tesla's information to the end user, reminds me of the Windows error messages. Something, but not what you wanted or needed to know.

    P.S. My service provider is having issues with Google, so my email's are not working correctly. Google did forward one email before shutting down and it was from Tesla. Basically, the email was to inform me to make arrangements to have my electrical needs finalized---- Is my baby getting ready to put on her traveling shoes?????
  • Jun 18, 2015
    bonaire
    Sounds like a June delivery for your June 9 confirmation.
  • Jun 18, 2015
    RDuke
    Is there something wrong with the Google Spreadsheet? I have not been able to access it for the past two days; getting a "File Unavailable" error once the spreadsheet looks like it has loaded up in the background.
    Model S Order & Delivery - Google Sheets.jpg
  • Jun 18, 2015
    mposki
    It is a June delivery if I were around (I am guessing). I will be gone until July 2nd so I have a scheduled delivery on July 3.

    - - - Updated - - -


    The spreadsheet has worked fine for me the past 2 days.
  • Jun 18, 2015
    !S4
    Your car looks amazing Travwill!

    Just need to vent for a second...I'm 14 days in production and counting. Car ordered the same day as travwill. I don't know my DS and my OA doesn't have any updates.

    Does anyone have any theories why would some take days and others weeks?

    It doesn't help that I have to keep walking around a pile of boxes of Tesla accessories and look at the lonely 14-50 in my garage every day . :)
  • Jun 18, 2015
    BigThumper
    When I ordered my 2013 Dodge RAM, I received emails every step of the way. Even the major stages of production (assembly, paint, etc) were communicated to me via email and the portal. I was a little surprised that Tesla didn't offer something similar. Actually, the DS said I would get notified along the way. But that didn't happen ofcourse.
  • Jun 18, 2015
    breser
    Works just fine for me. I'd suggest trying in a different browser or removing all your google cookies.
  • Jun 18, 2015
    smilepak
    I wonder if it is related to shortage on the seat color or some item?

    ur setup very similar to mine, except I got black next gen seat, pano roof, and premium package. I order June 7, confirm June 14, still in prod queue. Est deliverJuly.
  • Jun 18, 2015
    RobAndrews510
    Got a call this evening, scheduled to pick it up on Tuesday, late afternoon. (45 days from order to delivery.) How often in life do you wait for a Tuesday afternoon? :biggrin:
  • Jun 18, 2015
    bjwModelS
    What day did you finish production?
  • Jun 18, 2015
    RobAndrews510
    5-Jun
  • Jun 18, 2015
    travwill
    Finally, awesome, congrats and have fun Tuesday picking it up!
  • Jun 19, 2015
    bjwModelS
    And how many times did you look at the Google Spreadsheet?? Hahaha I've started writing dates like that too now.
  • Jun 19, 2015
    RobAndrews510
    I refuse to answer that question.

    [I deal with international folks on my team at work. It's less confusion for the Europeans because they do the day/month different than we do here in the states. Is 6/5 June 5'th or May 6'th? Depends on your local convention 8)]
  • Jun 19, 2015
    pedriscoll
    Spoke to my DS today, finalized loan, and made down payment. Tessie will be delivered to my home on Tuesday 6/23. The wait is nearly over !!
  • Jun 22, 2015
    bjwModelS
    Just got word that my Tesla arrived in Cincinnati over the weekend. I asked if I could get on your Tuesday truck but he said it's a single flatbed. They're trying to arrange a Friday delivery for me, really hopeful that it works out. I've got some work travel the first of next week that I hope I don't have to try and reschedule :) Can't believe this is happening!!
  • Jun 22, 2015
    travwill
    Finally, hope you take delivery this week! Chime in after delivery with how it went and your thoughts & have fun. I've been trying to find every excuse to drive since I've picked mine up last Wednesday but still only have like 140 miles on it :-/ These are just awesome machines!
  • Jun 22, 2015
    Cyclone
    I took care of this with mine by picking up remotely and driving 400 miles home! "Watt Fun" and I had formed a bond by the time I got home! :)
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét