Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 11, 2016

Firmware 5.0 part 1

  • Aug 13, 2013
    riceuguy
    A Houston owner that took ownership today reports that he was told he has version 5 with sleep mode...can anyone confirm that this is true?!

    bobobrit | AUGUST 13, 2013
    Picked up my new Pearl White P85+ this morning at the Houston SC (a week earlier than expected) and was told that it had the new 5.0 software update, which apparently came out in the last day or so (sleep mode, mutlidirectional maps, etc). Nice!



  • Aug 13, 2013
    apacheguy
    Nice!! Do you have a link to the original post? I think we've all been waiting for this one for quite some time so, if confirmed, that is fantastic news.
  • Aug 13, 2013
    wdimagineer
    I can't find it anywhere. Looks like the Tesla overlords might have yanked the post as they so often do. Hopefully he'll post here, as he has an account.
  • Aug 13, 2013
    bob_p
    Look in the Houston thread in the Texas forum on TMC website.
  • Aug 13, 2013
    brianman
    TM website.

    Code:
    http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/houston?page=13
  • Aug 13, 2013
    Discoducky
    C'mon Bob!

    software.PNG
  • Aug 13, 2013
    wdimagineer
    I stand corrected.
  • Aug 13, 2013
    riceuguy
    I posted over there asking Bobobrit to put up release notes, but I am guessing he is enjoying his new car!
  • Aug 13, 2013
    wdimagineer
    I hope he is! My car is in service and I'm due to collect it tomorrow or Thursday. After seeing this post I emailed my service advisor to see if I can be updated, should this be accurate.

    For those with previous service experience, are updates typically done by default or did you have to request it specifically? There's a line item on my repair order for a vehicle inspection. I'm assuming software would fall under that.
  • Aug 13, 2013
    Denarius
    Can't wait to see release notes!
  • Aug 13, 2013
    myms
  • Aug 14, 2013
    mnx
    I had my car in yesterday for a tire rotation and they fixed the steering that was clicking (I hadn't noticed it) :redface:

    Anyways, I'm still on 4.5 (.61). Can't wait to get sleep mode!

  • Aug 14, 2013
    4SUPER9
    Picking up my new MS today @ 4pm Parking sensors and cold weather package (for those chilly days in L.A. when it gets below 65). Given these features, if anyone has a chance at a different software version, it will be me. I will update this forum as soon as I get back to a computer. Don't count on hearing from me until late though! :biggrin:
  • Aug 14, 2013
    GlennAlanBerry
    Keep in mind that the initial versions of 4.5 had some issues, to the point that the Service Centers stopped updating cars that were in for service for a while. Tesla seems to have resolved that with the .61 release, but the Service Centers might be a little gun shy about pulling down updates just because people ask for it. If anyone is able to get their Service Center to pull the update down for them, please let us know!
  • Aug 14, 2013
    Zextraterrestrial
    4.5.69 I think is next? or maybe it was .68 I forgot what it was. still the same though.
  • Aug 14, 2013
    zax123
    Perhaps the parking sensors REQUIRE firmware 5+ and that's why these new cars have it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Here are his pics of the 5.0 release notes. Looks very cool!

    http://flic.kr/s/aHsjHupgtc
  • Aug 14, 2013
    gaswalla
    zax123: link isn't working for me
  • Aug 14, 2013
    dave
    Link worked for me. Good stuff, can't wait to get mine.

    I'm curious how the remote app will work. 45 seconds will feel like an eternity to wait.
  • Aug 14, 2013
    GlennAlanBerry
    It works for me, although whoever took the pictures was "mister blurry cam" as the set went on. Blurry pictures are better than no pictures at all though! Wi-Fi connectivity and tethering, changeable map orientation, screen cleaning mode, and what looks like sleep mode. A very nice set of improvements.

    I cannot wait to get this update!
  • Aug 14, 2013
    NigelM
    Mod Note: seeing as the release notes kinda prove that v5.0 is indeed now out there, this thread got re-titled and made sticky. Discussions on v4.5 should all continue on that thread please.
  • Aug 17, 2013
    gregincal
    Note that this isn't the final version of how things will work. I'd much rather they continue to refine the experience to find a useful balance between energy usage and usability, perhaps with specific user options when it turns out there isn't a compromise that works for most people (make remote access quicker), rather than just doing a half assed sleep mode with a big switch to turn it off.

    So by all means give feedback on what you find annoying once you are actually using the new firmware update, but this is a positive direction.
  • Aug 17, 2013
    Getting Amped So
    How about a separate app called "Activate Climate Control". One click and a message is sent to the server: "VIN XXXX wants to wake their car up and activate the climate control". I don't need real-time interior temperature readings - heck it's 90 degrees out and my car's been in the sun for three hours! I know it's going to be hot inside but I don't really care if it's 110 or 115! Just let me click once on my phone and start up the climate control using the current car settings.

    With a separate app, those who like the real-time information (and waiting for it) can still have that, while those who just want to click-and-go will be happy too. It can't be too hard to do this, right?
  • Aug 17, 2013
    jomo25
    C'mon somone has to get IFTTT working. Solves it. Send a text and it'll issue the command to pre-condition.
  • Aug 17, 2013
    FlasherZ
    OnStar proves that it isn't all that easy. There are many times that the wake-up-and-poll model simply makes a request fall through the cracks.
  • Aug 17, 2013
    dirkhh
    This is quite easy to do. I'm not an ObjC or Java programmer, but this is literally just a few lines of code.
    I certainly could create a web app that does this in no time. You'd just have to store the credentials in a cookie or something.
  • Aug 17, 2013
    evme
    If there is an API it is easy to do, even if it takes 45 seconds to login the API can wait 45 seconds while you do your stuff and do it for you. If it fails, it will just attempt again.

    Edit: Taking a quick look at the API it can probably even be done with a generic webpage or an cross platform html5 app.
  • Aug 17, 2013
    Discoducky
    Wair...0 loss? Way cool if TM isn't waking the car when ambient is ideal.

    Wait..
    someone delivers dry cleaning to your car?
  • Aug 17, 2013
    jerry33
    Isn't OnStar GM? I suspect that Tesla wouldn't have the same problems.
  • Aug 17, 2013
    FlasherZ
    Yes, OnStar is GM. My point was that they use the "immediate local ack, vehicle poll to pick up command" model that has been suggested, and it was very, very frustrating to find (in early versions where you didn't get confirmations) that the car hadn't started to cool down.

    Here we have people complaining about having to wait for the mobile app to connect actively to the car through Tesla's web site and suggesting a store-and-forward type model, and my point is that model isn't necessarily as good, either - as that's what OnStar uses (and it experiences pretty consistent failures).
  • Aug 17, 2013
    Frankc
    I may have missed this on the thread, but can someone confirm that 4G tethering works, and makes in car apps more responsive (particularly reloading of google map screens in full screen mode)?
  • Aug 17, 2013
    4SUPER9
    Yep. Two nights in a row with ZERO loss of range. I will charge tonight so can't comment on 3-in-a-row. Perhaps it has to do with the temperature of my garage.

    Yes, someone picks up and delivers my dry cleaning to my car. It's totally awesome. I work in a good size office building and the cleaners have a satellite office in the building.
  • Aug 17, 2013
    NigelM
    See this thread: LTE-Hotspot-Tethering-Performance
  • Aug 17, 2013
    StephenM
    +1000!!
  • Aug 18, 2013
    Kenneth chapman
    whoa! I wasn't aware there was an API - am a noob can someone send me a link to how I get access? Have lots o software experience and would LOVE to tinker!
  • Aug 18, 2013
    Frankc
  • Aug 18, 2013
    4SUPER9
    I tried something new this morning with waking up the car from my iPhone. I launched the app, then instead of waiting to connect, I left the app to do other work on the phone. I came back a minute later and the connection was instant. So, it seems that the initial launch of the app sends the signal. No need to stare at the screen, or even leave the app open.
  • Aug 18, 2013
    Neech

    Thanks for the tips! I tried both ways and they worked great. I feel kinda dumb now that I've stared at my phone so long waiting for it to connect :redface:
  • Aug 18, 2013
    montgom626
    Zero loss?????

    - - - Updated - - -




    How did you decide that?
  • Aug 18, 2013
    twinklejet
  • Aug 18, 2013
    Getting Amped So
    I've had my car for six months. I believe there is some sort of timeout from the behavior you describe unless something has changed in 5.0, meaning the quick accessibility reverts back to the slow mode after the car isn't contacted for some period of time. Would you mind retrying this after 1/2 hour and an hour of no contact with the car? Thank you in advance.
  • Aug 18, 2013
    4SUPER9
    I don't know when the sleep goes back into effect. Has anybody figured that out yet? In 1/2 hour or hour, it is possible that the car goes back asleep. My point being is not to keep the car awake, but that one could simply launch the app, then go about his or her business for a few minutes. The connection should then be almost instant.
  • Aug 18, 2013
    AlMc
    It appears that there is what I call an initial 'napping' stage before it goes into the 'sleep' stage. Would be interested if someone with 5.0 agrees and how long it takes to go from one phase to the other if my theory is correct.
  • Aug 18, 2013
    dsm363
    It seems to be between 1 and 2 hours. I checked 100 min ago and it was awake. Just checked now and it is going through the normal 'wake up the car' cycle. I'll try and keep a closer eye on it.
  • Aug 18, 2013
    cinergi
    I got my haircut today ... came back 40 minutes later and the instrument cluster had to boot up. Whether there's any deeper sleep than that, I don't know. My iPhone app always connects just as fast as it used to.
  • Aug 18, 2013
    kendallpb
    Factor in charging time and driving time and that number drop some, surely. Even so, not a big number compared to our summer power bill--but more than I'd thought. Thanks for the numbers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Thanks for the video. Interesting that the big screen's available--so a lot of the vampire is from the "car"? I wonder how much more things would improve if the main screen also slept. I'm just curious; not being able to hit the GDO while waiting would be annoying as well. Okay, I have no idea if it would be annoying; yeah I'm still trying to reserve judgement. ;-)

    - - - Updated - - -

    You dreamer! And I dream with you. To poke fun at what I wrote, although I meant the bug of precooling/preheating...really the bug is in the ICE car, sending out exhaust, right? ;-) j/k
  • Aug 18, 2013
    Monto
    I agree that the number will drop by the time driving, since the car is not sleeping and all systems are powered up. But not during charging. If the car goes to sleep, the power needed to charge the battery will drop by the decrease in the vampire load during the time it is plugged in.
  • Aug 18, 2013
    dsmith2189
    I bet they are the same people that didn't fix a hole in their gas tank when they owned an ICE. so it drips, no need to fix it... I can always top it off.
  • Aug 18, 2013
    Seattle
    Tesla should definitely have a new mode in their that says "turn on the ac" or similar without having to wait for it to connect. It's pretty trivial to do. Anything can always be done wrong, but it's not hard.

    Also if you really care, you could have your car learn the times to usually go to work and come home, and it could wake up out of deep sleep during the times you might be there.
  • Aug 18, 2013
    Zextraterrestrial
    the sleep isn't that bad/slow + the center console works while the car is waking up
  • Aug 19, 2013
    wdimagineer
    I'm all for any measures that save power. Model S is a unique experience for me in that I'm not used to a car being ready to go once my butt hits the seat. All my previous cars had an initial warm up period, whether for the engine or electronics. I'm used to this, so much so that I still hesitate sometimes before putting MS in Drive.

    This is even more important for me without a dedicated place to charge. I welcome any improvement and don't mind the delay.
  • Aug 19, 2013
    dsm363
    With the small delay, it can be overcome by using the app to wake things up when you are heading to your car. Like learning to plug your mobile phone in when you get home, it's just another habit you can learn to smooth the process out if the delay bothers you.
  • Aug 19, 2013
    AC1K
    dont suppose any of you with Ver 5 can test something for me?

    are you able to connect to WPA2-Enterprise AES with radius authentication?

    i dont use WPA2-Personal at home.

    also do you headlights remember the last setting when turning on the car (IE: if your headlights were set to OFF, do they stay off when you turn on the car? this was a huge annoyance for me turning on and off every time i start the car)
  • Aug 19, 2013
    aviators99
    It seems to me that when I unlock the doors remotely using the fob, the wakeup process starts. So in the morning, when I do this in order to unplug the car, by the time I open the door to sit down, it's ready.
  • Aug 19, 2013
    brianstorms
    Would the car wake up if you simply unplugged it from charging? Or do you have to unlock doors, then unplug, then by the time you're done w/ unplugging and stowing the plug cable away and getting back to the driver's door, the car's ready to go?
  • Aug 19, 2013
    aviators99
    Well, I don't know how to unplug it without unlocking the doors. But since I have an HPWC, the stowage of the cable takes almost no time at all.
  • Aug 19, 2013
    montgom626
    Warm period is old school ICE think

    No modern ICE "requires" a warm up mode. All modern ICE want you to drive "gently" (no full throttle) for a few minutes. Warm period is old school ICE think with modern ICE cars.
  • Aug 19, 2013
    aaron.s
    Wouldn't it be COOL if they added a touchscreen "Sleep" and "Wake" times for the car so it would be ready for you in the morning and know when to go to sleep at night... Probably pretty darn easy to add as an option!

    Aaron
  • Aug 19, 2013
    pete8314
    Yes, +1 that idea. Or go the extra step and have it learn your habits, a la Nest, so you don't even need to go to the 'effort' of scheduling it.
  • Aug 19, 2013
    aaron.s
    That too would be amazing (I have 2 Nests at home) but would require quite a bit more coding..... Id be happy just to have set times, even though I leave each morning at different times - but all within an hour....

    Aaron
  • Aug 19, 2013
    hans
    I plan to use Locale on my Android phone to detect when I unplug my phone from the charging cradle in the morning and trigger a script to wake up the Tesla and precondition the car for my morning commute.

    I can do something similar when I leave my office WiFi for the drive home.

    [video]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twofortyfouram.locale&hl=en[/video]
  • Aug 19, 2013
    pete8314
    Yeah, there's nothing like a bit of scope creep :) I agree, just setting mine to sleep between midnight and 7am (geofenced to my home location) would hardly ever cause me any inconvenience.
  • Aug 19, 2013
    brianman
    Just write yourself a REST app or script that turns on the climate control at your predicted leave time and schedule it to run 1 minute before that time.

    Or do like Hans and tie it to your phone disconnect.

    Or replace your alarm clock with one that runs on a desktop or laptop, and "retrofit" the alarm clock app to run the climate control script for you.

    I guess what I'm getting at is that this can be solved by the more "software adventurous" owners, without any additional assistance from Tesla.

    Or am I not understanding the feature request?
  • Aug 19, 2013
    cinergi
    Inside story short, my car was not properly sleeping. After they got it to sleep, my phone did the "Connecting ..." thing so it wasn't an immediate connect. I'll re-form my opinions after a couple days and post back :)
  • Aug 19, 2013
    AlMc
    Thanks. Yes. I am wondering at what point a nap (turned off recently, connects to app quickly) becomes a full sleep (app says 'connecting' and then countdown to 45 second connect begins)...Will be interesting to see feedback.
  • Aug 19, 2013
    Denarius
    Had a ranger out for a few items. I asked about getting 5.0 loaded and he said that deployment has been put on hold due to some issues.
  • Aug 19, 2013
    brianman
    Haven't they said this about every firmware release we've seen reported to TMC?
  • Aug 19, 2013
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Yes, Deja Vu. They've changed something in the Matrix.
  • Aug 20, 2013
    gregincal
    Hey. I'll remember to not request any software features any more, since I can always just write the code myself!
  • Aug 20, 2013
    brianman
    That's not what I said.
  • Aug 20, 2013
    tomas
    Hmm, it takes about 1 minute for me to turn on my ADT alarm, lock house door, and get to my Model S in garage. I guess I ought to read up on my ADT Pulse APIs, and write a script that wakes up my car when I set my house alarm. I could probably link in the APIs to wunderground.com and have it turn on appropriate climate control if outdoor temp is outside of 60 to 70 range.

    OR, I could just read an interesting news article on my iphone for 60 seconds while car wakes up.
  • Aug 20, 2013
    4SUPER9
    Last night was the first night with some range loss. 2 miles loss overnight. I took the the night picture at 10:52pm, though I was at 208 when I parked at 6pm. So, I lost 2 miles in an 11-hour time frame.
    night.JPG Morning.JPG
  • Aug 20, 2013
    Mjsais
    Two miles would be a significant improvement. I'm currently losing 7 to 8 miles per night.
  • Aug 20, 2013
    jomo25
    Shocker! What's the over/under on mini releases before a stable one is reached? I'm setting it at 8.

    Don't get me wrong, I love the updates and the fact that the car keeps getting better. By clearly, it takes a few iterations for them to get each one right...
  • Aug 20, 2013
    AlMc
    But this is the whole reason they have 'beta testers'. They would rather get feedback, good and bad, from say 100 people, to try to get it right before dispersing it to 20K people and field all their feedback.
  • Aug 20, 2013
    Stoneymonster
    Yup, this is how software works. Especially on devices that make it difficult to test on a large population internally for expense/time/environmental variation reasons (e.g. cars).
  • Aug 20, 2013
    jomo25
    I wasn't knocking it. Just wondering how many it will take to get there this time.

    Btw, I lead a software testing team. So I know how this works.
  • Aug 20, 2013
    Stoneymonster
    My compliments to you sir, on performing a difficult and often thankless task.
  • Aug 20, 2013
    montgom626
    So explain to me how you got 11 hrs?

    Hmmm, 6 PM to 7:16 AM. Now let me do the math, 6 pm to midnight = 6 hr.
    Midnight to 7 am = 7 hr

    7+6 = 13 hrs.

    So explain to me how you got 11 hrs? You must have been excited and tired when you posted. :)
  • Aug 20, 2013
    NigelM
    Probably time to replace the beta testers with new ones? ;-)
  • Aug 20, 2013
    4SUPER9
    Oh crap. It seems every time I post on these forums I put my foot in my mouth. Yes, very little sleep last night.
    You are right, 2 miles loss after 13 hours or so. I have to say that this is pretty impressive. My cell phone drains 2% even if completely turned off (not in standby).

    What I am interested in, is how much loss there would be in cold weather, say 20� or less. I hope to drive to the mountains this winter and where I am going it will be street parking and the only public charging option is an RV campground about 5 miles away.

    On another note, I have not run into any glitches with 5.0 myself.
  • Aug 20, 2013
    shawnwalters
    Sorry if I've missed it, but I just picked up my p85+ today from the STL service center and it has v4.5. Where are you all getting 5.0? Or do I just have to wait for it to pup up some update message?
  • Aug 20, 2013
    FlasherZ
    Some new cars have been delivered with 5.0. If yours wasn't, it will have to wait for the update message to pop up.
  • Aug 20, 2013
    shawnwalters
    Got it ok thanks.
  • Aug 20, 2013
    montgom626
    not really loss

    More loss is my guess, but not really loss, but used to keep the main battery safe and thermally sound. I am guessing that if you can plug it into a 120 v 15 amp outlet, you will not have any problems in cold weather. That 120 v 15 amp circuit will give you 24 kW in 24 hours. More than enough to keep the main battery happy (warm) and leave you in the plus column of kW in the main battery.
  • Aug 20, 2013
    Denarius
    Do you have parking sensors or the cold weather package?
  • Aug 20, 2013
    kendallpb
    Ah! In the morning, sometimes I walk to the door (it still auto-presents, right?) and open the car and put stuff in, then go unplug. Other times I hit the fob and unplug and then hop in. I may have more waiting at work than at home, as it turns out, since there I'm just "walk up, hop in, drive." (See, I'm easing into the new reality. ;-) )

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, you genius (if it can do that). :-D Me likey.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    4SUPER9
    Already running 5.0. Received a firmware update this morning, version 1.35.102. I am entirely unsure about what this update has done. The release notes look similar to the original, though I have not spent any time looking through it.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    Longhorn92
    This is normal... likely just bug fixes. I have had about 4 or 5 updates on v4.5 without any release note changes.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    dirkhh
    They usually don't change the release notes for build updates.
    I have added this build to the bug tracker - if you notice any issues, please add them there.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    apacheguy
    Actually, according to Tesla's Walter Franck there is no battery management when the car is off (this is what he told one of our members via email):

    I myself am very skeptical of how accurate that statement really is, but it's something to consider.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    Eggplant
    I wonder about this too. I've been collecting stats on my car via the API and I've noticed the car wakes up every two hours or so. The temp sensors start working and the car draws about an amp from the battery doing something for about an hour then goes to sleep again. (This is under 4.5)

    Definitely something going on there over and above just keeping the computer systems ready.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    Longhorn92
    Actually, based on his valid explanations and technical replies in the past, I would trust Walter Franck more than just about anyone at Tesla.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    ChrisPDX
    This probably belongs more in the vampire loss thread, but I suspect the occasional draw seen on the main pack with 4.5 has to do with the DC to DC inverter. With the high standby power required, it would quickly drain the 12v battery. A 100 watt draw alone would drain a 24Ah battery in just two hours. Therefore the main pack has to come on-line every few hours to charge up the 12v battery. With the main pack normally off-line, there is no thermal management. But once it comes on-line to charge the 12v battery, thermal management takes place. This is why you occasionally hear the pumps start. By significantly reducing the standby power requirements, the 12v battery should last much longer and the main pack can stay disconnected with no management required.

    At least this is what I think is happening based on what others have said regarding thermal management and load draw without standby.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    Eggplant
    That makes sense.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    Groeneweg
    And when the car is plugged in... Does it not need to wake to maintain the battery to pull juice from the socket?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Try this again... When the car is plugged in, will the car bypass in favor of the external power source to maintain the 12v battery? And therefore take less "vampire" drain from the main battery?
  • Aug 21, 2013
    ChrisPDX
    Probably not. It only seems to use the charger only when charging the main battery pack or when the climate control is engaged. Others have noticed the charger does not engage until the main battery pack drops below a certain threshold before it starts charging again. So I would imagine you have to go through many 12v charging cycles before the main pack is low enough to engage the charger. If it could charge the 12v directly, then somebody would have noticed a very small ongoing or intermittent draw from the UMC. I haven't heard of that being the case, but then I don't monitor the power going into my MS at that level to confirm.

    Hopefully they get version 5 back on track for full deployment. I would love to kick this massive vampire loss to the curb! After waiting nearly a month for 4.5, I don't expect to get 5 anytime soon anyway. I may just have to stop by the service center and have them do a side load as they put it. This is where they add the firmware but not install it. You basically get a prompt within an hour to schedule the install. Doing it this way keeps the amount of time at the service center to a minimum if just there for something quick.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    Super Gizmo
    My car was at the service center yesterday so I asked them to install 5.0 but they said it is on hold to fix some bugs.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    shawnwalters
    No to both. I ordered before those were available. It does have a CF yaht floor though. Good thing though is it's a P85+ with tech, sound studio, pano, twin chargers, 21" turbine, air suspension etc and he said this same car now is $7k more than I paid with the recent price increases. So I'm happy.

    PS, another service center I stopped at to charge said 5.0 is being worked on and a couple new cars he received they actually downgraded to 4.5 because of how slow 'sleep mode' recovery was and said it's one of the bugs they're working on. Hopefully that's true and they can atleast make it an option as to enable it or not.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    wdimagineer
    I got the same response. I'm actually curious about this. Cars in Europe were reported to have version 5.5. I wonder if the same bugs exist there.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    ZBB
    I'm guessing 5.5 just adds additional language packs... At some point they will probably converge the releases to keep from having too many forks...
  • Aug 21, 2013
    cinergi
    So 2 days later, I can say that the sleep mode hasn't been intrusive to my normal routine (mobile app comments aside). When I've opened the trunk first and did stuff, then disconnected the charging cable, and then got in the car, it was done booting. When I use the keyfob to unlock the car and then disconnect the cable (and hang it up), it's done booting. When I put my bag in the rear driver's side first and then go to the driver's side, it's a few seconds from being done booting. If I just jump right into the car, I have to wait -- but I use that time to buckle up and put the phone in its place, etc ... no big deal.
    The app delay is more annoying. What I've been doing (when I want to pre-condition the car) is opening the app to trigger it to wake up, do something else (like use the restroom or whatever), open it again and turn on HVAC or whatever and move on. I'll probably get used to it, but it's unfortunate.
  • Aug 21, 2013
    brianman
    To: [email�protected] -
    1. When you pause a song on slacker and then let the vehicle go to sleep, does the vehicle resume with the same station, song, and pause location?
    2. When you log into TMC and then let the vehicle go to sleep, does the vehicle resume with the TMC session still active or does a refresh of the page trigger a re-login experience?
  • Aug 22, 2013
    iconoclast
    i-dont-always-test.jpg
  • Aug 22, 2013
    4SUPER9
    ^ This sums it up for me.
  • Aug 22, 2013
    FlasherZ
    Big +1.
  • Aug 23, 2013
    Jeff Andrews
    I just shared this on the official forums:

    I took my car in for service yesterday and got a brand new loaner (brown 60, leather, tech) with 5.0 installed. Tesla tech said it was a beta version/car to see how the update goes. The new map improvements were awesome. Zooming and moving the map was very smooth compared to my car on v4.5(61). But you can no longer get in and quickly be on your way. The dash 'cluster' (behind the steering wheel) display now takes 5-10 seconds to be ready. No more just putting your foot on the brake, shifting and going. Now you put your foot on the break and wait. It will be great to not have the drain, but in my day-to-day driving, I don't use all of my 60's range. But I am in and out of my car 8-10 times/day, I'd rather have the car ready when I get in. Then again, in the long run this will save a LOT of miles wasted per year, which translate to lower power bills at home.

    The car didn't have parking sensors, so I couldn't test those. Also I don't use creep, so I don't know much about that update. Also didn't use tow mode. I did see the wifi networks available in the pull-down, but didn't connect to any of them.
    Again, the map update is amazing. Waiting for boot up... not so much.
  • Aug 23, 2013
    Lloyd
    +1 on this. I am running 5.0 and it would be better if there was a setting for determining how long before the 'supersaver mode' goes into effect. I would likely choose ~18 hours.
  • Aug 23, 2013
    AnOutsider
    That or putting the car to sleep manually (i.e. park at the airport, "sleep" car).

    I've been waiting for the update myself before judging, but honestly, from what I've read: me too. It seems some (most?) are experiencing 0 mile loss. Well, I'd take 1-3 mile loss per day if it meant my car responded to the app and myself instantly. We shall see I guess.
  • Aug 23, 2013
    pguerra
    Wi-Fi and Tethering in Version 5.0

    20130823_102734.jpg Perhaps this is old news but thought I'd share:

    Turned in Model S for annual maintenance at 11.5k miles today. Dallas service center. They gave me a Performance Plus loaner with 300 miles on it and Version 5.0. Front and rear sensors works great and include a nice little picture to the left of the spedometer dynamically showing how far you are from the obstacle. The maps app seemed to load and scroll faster. Also, you can flip the google maps so it shows 1) North at the top or 2) your cars direction always pointing up. This flips the google maps app upside down when going south. The street names remain upside down. Also Wi-Fi tethering was available. There was another potential owner driving a Ferrari looking to buy a Tesla. Tesla is years ahead of the competition for sure!

    (Sorry I don't know how to rotate the image)

    I have Unlimited 4G LTE with ATT with Wi-Fi tethering, but I actually don't think I will use it with my Model S when I get Version 5.0 b/c 3G works just fine.
    View attachment 29018
  • Aug 23, 2013
    ddruz
    I drove a Leaf before the Model S. It does not start up right away after you press the start button. There is a few second delay as it boots up during which a little electronic tune is played. I got used to it very quickly. I will gladly take the delay people are describing in 5.0 for reduced vampire load.
  • Aug 23, 2013
    texex91
    AWESOME--thanks for pic and info!
  • Aug 23, 2013
    Sparrow
    Plus the Leaf doesn't start to boot up until you are in the seat, put your foot on the brake and push the button.
  • Aug 23, 2013
    PaceyWhitter
    Did you try it out to see if it improved internet website loading speed?
  • Aug 23, 2013
    PaceyWhitter
    Anyone with 5.0 tried tethering to a phone with LTE?

    If so how was the browsing speed?
  • Aug 23, 2013
    FlasherZ
    Yup - see the 5.0 Software thread in the User Interface section. :)
  • Aug 23, 2013
    jomo25
    So I thought the booting up started the moment you wake the car/unlock or unplug, not just when you step on the brake?
  • Aug 23, 2013
    Seven7
    So, looks like my car is updating right now...
  • Aug 23, 2013
    Jeff Andrews
    Yeah, still have to wait a bit to shift out of park, as opposed to getting in and being on your way in about a second.
  • Aug 23, 2013
    AlMc
    The car is in the same state that you would find it in 4.5, within 10 seconds of you opening the door, back hatch or charging port whether you do it remotely or by touch.
  • Aug 23, 2013
    Discoducky
    Cool, hope it is 5.0! Let us know; I'm salivating for the wipe screen mode ;)
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét