Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 11, 2016

Model X in Canada - Status part 1

  • Dec 3, 2015
    Vger
    I scanned the thread list and did not see one that deal specifically with information we do or do not have with respect to the timeline for Canadian deliveries of Model X.

    I have attempted twice to get such information. The first time was through our store manager in Vancouver, who referred my request to an internal Model X team that I could not follow up with directly. They never got back to me. The second attempt was through NA inside sales, who had been responsive to some U.S. queries. I did receive a response to this one, but it was cursory and essential said nothing.

    If anyone in Canada gets better information, or gets invited to configure, please post to this thread!
  • Dec 3, 2015
    bint2k
    Ya, sad times, I'm CDN P#113. I haven't seen anything yet
  • Dec 4, 2015
    Local host
    I am P15 and haven't heard anything. I did get a call from Tesla Montreal a few months ago inviting me to test drive a model S so that I could get a feel for Tesla's electric vehicles. They weren't able to provide much info when I spoke to them on the phone and I felt as though I had more information than them from lurking on TMC.

    I also emailed NASales and they replied saying that they had no information yet regarding Canadian timelines.

    I test drove an S 85D with autopilot a few weeks ago and the sales guys were pretty confident that the calls were going out for the X, but comments and info on here seem pretty clear that's not the case. I emailed sales again. Will post if they reply with any interesting information.
  • Dec 4, 2015
    Macgaver
    No ETA yet

    We do have price estimations:
    Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 3.00.48 PM.png

    - - - Updated - - -

    My guess at the moment is that we will be invited in january, I should say it's what I am "hoping".

    If you know your global position, then you can use the delivery estimates:
    Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 3.28.40 PM.png
  • Dec 4, 2015
    Ocelot
    I reached out to the Vancouver store as well, a month or so ago. They got back to me immediately, but unfortunately it does not seem any timeline is in place yet. I imagine until we see significant deliveries of the Sig X down South, we will not hear any news.
  • Dec 7, 2015
    Survivant
    I am #41 since March 2012 and still no news. It's really unnerving that we'll only get to configure a few months after many reservations in the US even though we reserved way before...

    In the mean time I'm enjoying my 85D :wink:
  • Dec 8, 2015
    slyastro
    Hello everyone!

    I won the right to buy a fully loaded Founders Model X, with a 35K$ USD rebate, from the first referral program that ended on october 31.

    My Model X reservation is now appearing in My Tesla ... it appears as a Signature.

    Now, I just learned from my Inside Sales contact that he found out why I can't configure it ... I'm located in Canada and Canadian pricing hasn't been out yet for the Model X! So I have to wait for that before I can begin to configure it.

    Since it's a Founder's Edition, he promised that it would be the first Model X delivered in Canada. Yes, but when? Thats the big question.

    So I asked him a simple question: Will Canadian pricing be out BEFORE Christmas or AFTER Christmas?

    He's looking for it ... I'm impatiently waiting for his answer. My contact is very kind and willing to help ... lets just hope he gets some answers.

    I will keep you posted.

    Sly
    ModelX-Founders.jpg
  • Dec 18, 2015
    brianvicars
    Hello, I am Cdn sigX #71, Markham, Ontario. I was one of the last to reserve a Signature Model X on July 22nd. 2014. I expect to be one of the last sigs to be invited to configure. I am anticipating delivery some time in the summer of 2016. HPWC waiting patiently in my garage.
  • Dec 18, 2015
    timf
    If there's only 71 reservations, it would not surprise me if all Canadian Signatures get invited to configure at the same time. That's less than 1 day's production worth.
  • Dec 18, 2015
    Vger
    We have Sig Model #2 in Canada, and at that time (same time of year) virtually all of the Canadian Signatures were delivered to the service centres (mostly Toronto and Vancouver) the same week, and to customers within just a few weeks. As timf said above, I think it will be the same with the Model X.

    The big question in my mind, still, is it just pricing in the way (with CAD dropping like a stone, it is probably a tough call for Tesla), or are they still waiting on Transport Canada for certification. Tesla Canada was quite open about that last time; I do not know why they will not confirm TC certification this time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    BTW, I just realized that the $CAD price of a fully loaded X P90D will probably be very close to $200,000!! :scared:
  • Dec 18, 2015
    mikevbf
    If pricing the Canadian Model X is the holdup, I would guess it is possible that the Canadian founders and Sigs might still get their vehicles before USA production reservations. That would seem fair.
  • Dec 18, 2015
    Ugliest1
    That's getting close to a few Porsche model prices!
  • Dec 19, 2015
    vandacca
    I've taken one of the Configurator Spreadsheets and added a conversion rate field to it (it's a direct conversion from the USD price to CDN). I've been watching the price of my preferred configuration (almost fully loaded) surpass $200,000 (currently over $216,000 including 13% tax in Ontario).

    I've read that the Canadian dollar is expected to continue it's decline for the next few months and may reach $0.70! It's painful to think that it was just a few years ago that the currencies were at par. And it's painful to think that this vehicle would be so much cheaper if it was delivered a year ago.
  • Dec 19, 2015
    KenN
    Given that it's now 0.716 that's almost a certainty.
  • Dec 19, 2015
    Vger
    It would be fair indeed, but did not happen last time due to Transport Canada delays. That is why I keep harping on that. About 1000 U.S. production units of Model S were delivered before the Canadian Signatures in the fall of 2012. That is why the VINs of the Canadian Sigs start at S02000, rather than closer to S01000, as it "should" have been.

    Just saying'... I truly hope it is better this time, even though I did not go for a Sig X.
  • Dec 27, 2015
    Hugh Mannity
    Am anxiously watching this thread too! Am way down the list but fingers crossed regardless
  • Dec 28, 2015
    Paul Carter
    Sig #3 Canada invited to configure today. Since there is no change in the 2nd row seats being foldable, l'm not ordering. I may try to wait it out.

    7 passengers with the ability to fold is a must for me, otherwise it's not what I had in mind of for an ultimate all in one vehicle.

    Will post pricing later when I return from the holidays with the family later tonight. But base Sig P90D is $ 163,300 + 1,300 doc fee.
  • Dec 28, 2015
    SMSMD
    Congratulations Paul..Jon from St.John also posted that he was invited today.. Great News...would love to hear more on the pricing of other X models.
  • Dec 28, 2015
    brianvicars
    Sig X #71 invited and ordered 15 minutes ago.
  • Dec 28, 2015
    felixtb
    Wow! Congrats guys. Hope Europe is soon....... :)
  • Feb 18, 2016
    Local host
  • Feb 18, 2016
    brianvicars
    That is indeed what he meant. Since all Cdn SigX reservation holders have already been invited, your turn will come in the next couple of months. This also includes pricing. Delivery dates, unfortunately, could be months away, even for Sigs. Maybe June for me?
  • Feb 19, 2016
    brianvicars
    We have progressed from "confirmed" to "entered the production queue" this morning. Do you think I was a little too pessimistic about June delivery?
  • Feb 19, 2016
    Macgaver
    It's just a new look&feel in the My-Tesla. Everyone with a confirmed Tesla see this since this morning. There is however a new "red link" and when you click on it, a new well designed section explain the delivery process. Nice information: We are supposed to get a VIN ~5 weeks before delivery
  • Feb 19, 2016
    brianvicars
    Valuable information, thanks Macgaver. If you are ahead of me on the production line, I will try not to bump into your vehicle, but if I get a chance to sneak ahead of you, I will take it!
  • Feb 19, 2016
    Macgaver

    If it's true we only have 25 Signatures in Canada ... we will probably get it the very same day ... And meet at the Supercharger ~4h after delivery (I won't strong enough to stop driving, Superchargers will have to save me :)
  • Feb 19, 2016
    brianvicars
    Superchargers? Who needs those? My vehicle can pull a 5,000lb trailer. I will load up a Signature red trailer with as many fully charged "Powerwalls" as will fit, & drive off into the sunset!:biggrin:
  • Feb 19, 2016
    Zapped
    Nothing new to report out west. My wife reserved in Oct 2013 and reserved on January 05 2016, so it looks like eastern Canada has priority.
  • Feb 19, 2016
    Macgaver
    Good Plan !

    next months are going to be very long months... My expectation is to have it at the end of April. If Q2 is really the International deliveries as they said, Signatures have to be at the very beginning of Q2.
  • Feb 19, 2016
    brianvicars
    Thanks, I will pass your optimistic expectation on to my wife, she will be so pleased. :biggrin: Since my birthday is mid April she may be able to use the Model X as MY birthday present?
  • Feb 20, 2016
    Macgaver
    I am optimistic, sometimes too much. Like I sold the car that my X will replace ... Last summer :)

    It was supposed to start been delivered in September right ... And have a very fast rampup right ...
  • Feb 21, 2016
    Dollartile

    i am so mad that we canadian have to pay a lot more for tesla, we dont make more money than americans,hope someday we become american state, everything will be better then. btw there are 40 sig reservation in canada not 25. ds told me, and model x will be 150000 plus tax 90d with most of options.
  • Feb 22, 2016
    justdave
    Nice to see that we have some new link on the site indicating we are now in the Production Queue but I'm not sure that is progress. As Macgaver mentions actually getting a VIN would be nice, then a long 5 more weeks or so to actually see the car.....
  • Feb 23, 2016
    justdave
    And now the link is gone.
  • Feb 23, 2016
    Zapped
    This thread is some indication what is happening in the US.
    Any-Signature-Model-X-owners-NOT-receive-their-car-yet

    Assuming the TESLA Q4 report is somewhat accurate at 1000 Model X's per week in 2016 Q2, I've moved my expectations / projections of delivery for our CND Model X Sig #30 from April to May
  • Feb 23, 2016
    SMSMD
    Quoted by Uncle Paul in the thread 'Met the X- what next?'
    *Staff indicated that manufacturing was being very attentive to initial quality for these first cars. Were more worried about shipping something not of the highest standard than putting them out quickly, before quality could be obtained.
  • Mar 1, 2016
    brianvicars
    Some European SigS reservation holders invited to configure this morning. At least it's movement.
  • Mar 1, 2016
    justdave
    Just booked a Model X test drive in Vancouver for next weekend. Should be interesting!
  • Mar 1, 2016
    Hugh Mannity
    yes finally they opened up the res for us here; I've been checking the site a half dozen times a day since that email came out !!! Got in @ 1300 HRS on the Saturday
  • Mar 2, 2016
    brianvicars
    Waiting patiently for "Canadian" feedback. If the general consensus is that Vancouver reservation holders are not generally impressed, I will consider cancelling my order & forfeiting my $40,000 deposit.:scared: NOT!
  • Mar 2, 2016
    brianvicars
    Paul Carter indicated that Canadian reservation holders are being invited to configure.
  • Mar 2, 2016
    Local host
    Can you elaborate? I am P15 and have not been invited.
  • Mar 2, 2016
    SMSMD
    Posted by Paul Carter on TM forum , no one has reported being invited so far from Production model x reservation holders. I am perplexed. IMO no one was invited. some sort of confusion, may with invitation for model x test drive in Vancouver.

    Canadian configuration invites and pricing | Page 2 | Tesla Motors
  • Mar 2, 2016
    Paul Carter
    I sure did mess that up. Sorry guys... I'll remove it.
  • Mar 2, 2016
    SMSMD
    No worries...Thanks for your clarification. Some excitement was long overdue. It was like coming out of hibernation , back to sleep again.
  • Mar 2, 2016
    Paul Carter
    You can't imagine how bad I feel knowing how long people have been waiting for that very moment!
  • Mar 4, 2016
    vandacca
    Regular Production Design Studio went live in Europe. Can anyone check to see if Canada got it too? I understand that China still only has Signature Design Studio as well.
  • Mar 4, 2016
    Local host
    Nope. I wonder why there are delays for production res holders.

    The dollars up. Perhaps they are lowering the price </sarcasm>.
  • Mar 4, 2016
    SMSMD
    :cursing: Elon forgot Geography.
  • Mar 5, 2016
    Zapped
    We received a phone call invite from Palo Alto for the Vancouver test drive event.
    My wife and I are heading there Monday March 14th for approx. 30 minutes with the car. (actually it's her Model X but I'm allowed to come )

    Based on the email confirmation it looks like the event is in a large parking lot near BC Place.

    No VIN yet but the excitement is building....
  • Mar 5, 2016
    Paul Carter
    Nice! Have fun.

    Hope this is helpful:

    There are a few parking lots and entrances to them near the stadiums. One of them has a real estate sales centre for "Concord Pacific" at the end of Carrall Street which is accessible from either Pacific Blvd (one way eastbound right turn) or Expo Blvd (one way westbound left turn). Also Stadium Skytrain is very close on the other side of the Rogers Arena. Just walk around the left side of the Arena to the opposite side via Pat Quinn Way.
    CCP.png
  • Mar 5, 2016
    KenN
    Concord Pacific demo center has two chargers, one of which is a Tesla HPWC. Concord seems to be pretty EV friendly, the annual EV show is on their lot.
  • Mar 5, 2016
    Zapped
    We're flying in on Sunday from Edmonton and will probably UBER over to the Concord Pacific center for the demo on Monday.
  • Mar 5, 2016
    Morristhecat
    Sorry but UBER is not yet legal here in Vancouver. [emoji107]
  • Mar 5, 2016
    SMSMD
    Have fun. Looking forward for your feedback. Hope its a different color and seating configuration from the one that was in Toronto.
  • Mar 5, 2016
    brianvicars

    To the best of my knowledge, there will be 3 vehicles available in Toronto for the 6 days of test drives. A black,white & titanium. An estimated 250 test drives will be available for invited SigX reservation holders who wish to see & drive the vehicle before confirming their order, as will as regular production reservation holders who were invited & able to RSVP before all the time slots were filled. I suspect that I was not invited for a test drive because I have already confirmed my SigX order in early January.
    I am however, invited to see & touch the vehicles in the evening before the test drives commence.:biggrin:
  • Mar 6, 2016
    Jgdixon
    I was told they may combine the events as there are only a few Sig reservation holders and most have configured.
  • Mar 6, 2016
    brianvicars
    Thanks for the info. I will report on this post, immediately after I receive a VIN on My Tesla Page.
  • Mar 6, 2016
    Jgdixon
    Likewise.
  • Mar 7, 2016
    brianvicars
    The longer one has to wait for his or her vehicle to be assembled, the greater the chances of having the latest technology included in the vehicle.
    I would love my SigX to arrive with rumoured P100D. October 2016 is fine for me then.
  • Mar 7, 2016
    Zapped
    Thanks for the info
  • Mar 7, 2016
    SMSMD
    Exactly. I have decided not to order immediately when invited as it's not going to make a huge difference , now that all the world with reservations has access to the design studio except Canada and UK .
  • Mar 7, 2016
    SMSMD
    Do you know whom to call to be invited to vancouer for the test drive of model X.
    @Paul Carter any contact number. I emailed tesla and also emailed [email�protected] on Friday.
  • Mar 7, 2016
    Paul Carter
    Sure, will PM you.
  • Mar 7, 2016
    SMSMD
    Thanks Paul very much appreciated.
  • Mar 7, 2016
    Zapped
    The schedules seem to be coordinated by TESLA head office. A Vancouver DS had been assigned to us back in January when we configured the vehicle. We didn't hear from him, so I'm not sure how all this works or who is in the know.

    Hope Paul was able to help.
  • Mar 7, 2016
    SMSMD
    Called Vancouver and was sent a email with a contact number.
    I called to inquire about rescheduling my test drive for Model X to Vancouver from Montreal .
    David H picked up the phone was very rude and unprofessional and said that he cannot do it as Vancouver was completely booked and I was lucky to have a spot in Montreal.
    He just hung up on me saying he can't help me. Montreal was a mistake by me and at the time I got the mail to RSVP , Vancouver dates were TBA. I was very disappointed by the behavior of this person.
  • Mar 7, 2016
    Paul Carter
    So many bad Monday stories today. You might want to remove that phone number! ;) PM'd to offer you my wait list spot.
  • Mar 7, 2016
    gpetti
    I finally decided to attend the Vancouver event (I had an invite as I'm a reservation holder). I think there were still Monday slots for those who have the invite link and I managed to get a 14:30 spot on Saturday. I'm literally flying in for the drive though I will stay overnight with my brother and fly out in the AM. Will probably bring my brother along though I could possibly include someone else if anyone is interested. Although the website suggested my booking was successful, I have not received a confirmation email yet so I'm suspicious that maybe the spot wasn't available.

    In other news, myTesla had the word "Ready" beside my model X reservation and now I can configure.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Local host
    Got the "Edit Design" in my Tesla! Happy, but stunned with sticker shock.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Dollartile
    160000 plud 15% tax in BC. 184000 OMG I am so out! I will go for test drive but no thanks too much money!!!
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Local host
    Yeah, 13% tax in Ontario and no incentive. It's not looking good for us. Debating on even bothering with the test drive. It's tomorrow.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Macgaver
    Anyone can post the full price details ? Screenshots ?

    160K$ is for the P90D with some selected options I hope ?
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Local host
    I have to get into the office, but might be able to later this morning. 160 is for the 90D and some option. I didnt even add leather seats! 90D and 5 seats in 143600k with no options. 70D is 124k no options.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    brianvicars
    :scared:I am so sorry to read your results of attempting to see the vehicle in Vancouver. In my opinion, the DS you contacted in Vancouver should be reprimanded. Your should have been told to show up any time during the event & they would figure out a way to "fit you in". Very disappointing indeed. I speculate that Canadian SigX orders are so low because of the price & exchange rate . Tesla should be more proactive with Canadian reservation holders.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Macgaver
    Can someone with the production design studio confirm which ETA we see for every model ?
  • Mar 8, 2016
    brianvicars
    :biggrin: ETA?. Now that's the optimism we are looking for. Keep up the good work. It's time to rally the troops. The Canadian dollar has gained almost 5 cents in the last month. Tesla's next quarter rate change may be in your favour. I anticipate the ETAs to be similar to those reported by our US neighbours.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Local host
    70D is mid to late 2016, 90D is mid 2016, P90D is early 2016.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Local host
    DesignStudio1.jpg
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Morristhecat
    Wow! That's more than I expected. I remember when the S debuted in the Canadian design studio, I think it was starting about $64,500 for a 60. The dollar was at about par then, but still, this is absolutely nuts at double that. This is going to price out a lot of buyers. Perhaps there will be a big shift to the S or to 3 deposits?
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Local host
    DesignStudio2.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    DesignStudio3.jpg
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Macgaver
    Screenshots prices don't include any selected options ?

    Strange because it's equivalent to a CADUSD of 0.65$ , and illogically pricier than model-S (I was assuming price matched to Model-S plus a 5-10K+)
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Local host
    For Vandacca:

    Vandacca.jpg
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Jgdixon
    That's great Local Host? How about some options screens?
    Thanks
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Local host
    Yes, no options. That is the base for each model. I will try to get the options up shortly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    DesignStudio4.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    DesignStudio5.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    DesignStudio6.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    DesignStudio7.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    DesignStudio8.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    DesignStudio9.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    DesignStudio10.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    DesignStudio11.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    DesignStudio12.jpg
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Local host
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Paul Carter
    Nicely done. Just one thing, update the incentives for BC. Its gone for over 77k.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Local host
    Gone or reduced to 3k?
  • Mar 8, 2016
    KenN
    Reduced to 3k in ON, gone in BC.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Local host
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Waldek
    looks like Canadian prices are slightly higher than US. MY 90D (US) is at $112,950.00 USD (before tax incentives and sales tax but with destination delivery fee). Exactly the same configuration of 90D configured through this xlsx configurator gave me total of $167,400.00 CAD and based on today's currency exchange rate it comes down to ~$125,772.00 USD so there is about 10% higher price in Canada than in the US.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    SMSMD
    Playing around with the design studio. In Alberta we don't have incentives. I am not in a rush to order.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It was not Vancouver, HQ Tesla central event office. I gave a very strong complaint against that particular person. Got a call back from HQ Tesla and also Vancouver. usual damage control stuff. Thanks for your post
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Modelxancaster
    $CDN pricing

    Just tuning back in here. I may have made a few errors with regards to an earlier post but the bottom line is that the pricing in Canada is ridiculous. Not much more to say here other than it completely justifies my cancelling my order. Quite frankly I am so pissed off that they are charging Canadian's a 10% premium that I am no longer going to buy a Tesla at all. Call it a boycott. Lots of other nice vehicles out there.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    phigment
    I bet the pricing will catch up eventually. The problem is the change in the exchange rate. Not to long ago, the CDN $ was only worth 0.68 USD.
    I don't think they evaluate the pricing on a day-by-day bases. More likely adjusted once a quarter.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Modelxancaster
    Even if they knocked off 10% it would still be about 75% higher than when I ordered it over 3 years ago. Its not even worth waiting . Happy to let some other rube waste his after tax money on it. If Canada is any indication of cancelled orders then I am definitely shorting this stock tomorrow above $200. Maybe when it drops to $100 and what will obviously be huge sales misses I can buy a free Porsche :biggrin:
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Dutchie
    Well, I am out too. I was willing to go to $140K or even $150K but now: a little decorated X including tax almost or over $200K.. Nice car but not a $200K car. Let's what the end of the month brings with the M3
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Martin VanB
    I believe the good news is delivery is going to happen shortly. ( relative term)

    Unfortunately for some of us, Canada is not a big market generally for auto sales in general.

    Given worldwide model X supply constraints, at this time Tesla's pricing can probably find support.

    I would not be surprised if Chinese and American demand for the Model X alone could account for pretty much all 2016 production if left unchecked. Add in European demand and exports to countries not even supported by Tesla Service and I unfortunately understand why the Candian discount typical automakers provide Canada are not being provided.

    I am somewhat disappointed because many Tesla fans have been waiting years for this day. My suggestion is you only live once and go for it if you can! ( within reason please, after all we are Canadian)
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Modelxancaster
    ...or I can travel the world for the next 5-10 years with the money I just saved thanks to Tesla pricing. Yes, you only live once and the memories I can get from traveling far exceed what I will from a overpriced chassis with a nice battery system.

    As for international demand, you need to remember that most currencies have fallen as much or more than the $Cdn vs $US. They will all be in the same boat as us. Yes there will be some rich Chinese millionaires that will buy some but not anywhere near the demand you think t these prices. This is a much much bigger problem for Tesla than you think. Its why Telsa has been extremely quiet on the subject of delays , part sourcing , and pricing.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Jgdixon
    You are preaching to the choir here. No one is happy with the prices. But let's understand this is not Tesla just raising prices for no reason.
    It is a currency exchange thing. The small volume in Canada means they probably aren't that concerned about it.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Duckjybe
    If you factor in HST we are now paying 50% more than US list price for a Model S! What really irks me is that the reason the Model S/X cost is so high is due to our low dollar which has been caused by low oil prices. Also there is now incrementally more duty and HST added which is giving the government more revenue and yet Tesla's have a new much reduced EV rebate here in Ontario that is lower than a 40 km range plug-in Prius or Hyundai Sonata. The reasoning for the lower EV rebate is supposedly because Tesla's are so expensive. Did I mention that this is now much worse because of taxes and low oil? So the only vehicle that has the potential to displace the worst polluting SUV's and reduce GHG's the most is purposely being shut out of the program partly due to the effects of low oil. Given the current environment a full battery electric SUV that seats 7 and can tow should be getting at the very least the maximum EV incentive! The oil industry seems to be winning. Apparently people who buy Tesla's don't need an incentive because they have enough money to spend and will spend it anyway. Well this is false. Everybody has their limits and mine has been reached. If the government allows the full $14K rebate for the Model X and the dollar improves then I may re-consider buying one but at this point $150K+ is just too rich for me as I require the 90kWH battery, 7 seats and towing package. After anxiously waiting two years for the X, to my great great dissapointment I will have to continue driving my Ford Expedition.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Trev Page
    The question is, if the exchange rate improves say in 6 months or a year, will Tesla drop the prices of the S and X to reflect the new exchange rate??
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Martin VanB
    Excellent points. I agree with many of the observations made.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    gpetti
    I too was blown away by the pricing. One factor we may be missing here is that I believe that prices for Tesla cars will be going up across the board in a week or so. I'm guessing the design studio reflects the increase so they don't have to crank it up in a week or so. If the Canadian pricing goes up again, then I can't explain why our pricing seems so much higher.
    If I buy I'm planning on the 90D as range is more important than acceleration to me with the X (it likely still blows the doors of any other SUV). It seems there is about a $30,000 difference to jump to the P90D which is definitely not worth it unless you want to drag race. The only other down side is that you can't get the active spoiler or the red brake calipers (or ludicrous) with the non-P but I'm not too bothered about those options.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Ladoe00
    I'm so glad I've converted my X reservation for an S last September... In my opinion, the X is a very nice SUV, but not worth the price on the Canadian market. As I was told a couple of months ago by a TMC member, when you know you are going to spend a lot of dollars on a US product, you should convert that money ahead of time in USD to prevent a falling dollar. That guy had switched a lot of his invested money into a USD portfolio. Smart thing to do and to remember for the rest of us!

    For all the guys cancelling their reservations, I hope you'll consider the S. Every driver that switches to EV is a good thing, be a Tesla or not.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Hugh Mannity
    Hey my wife and I have a slot booked for 1300 on Saturday; will likely see you there ;-)
  • Mar 8, 2016
    gpetti
    Cool! I'll probably be there a bit early anyway.
  • Mar 8, 2016
    Dutchie
    And this suppose to be a mid volume mid price car in the Tesla strategy? I think you can almost buy two Roadsters for the price of a fully loaded X.
  • Mar 9, 2016
    Dollartile
    guess wat i did today? went to benz ordered it,3month i will wait, sad sad sad bye bye tesla, will buy electric car in 4-5years from now. just sad.
  • Mar 9, 2016
    WarpedOne
    By comparing apples and oranges one can always prove that water is louder than black.

    One can only compare base price. Comparing fully-loaded prices is already fishy because of different options.
    Comparing fully loaded with a base is pure BS. One should be able to do better than that.
  • Mar 9, 2016
    brianvicars
    Oh, dear...& I thought I paid a lot for my SigX. I have a great deal of empathy for my fellow Canadians. I think that I have posted enough on this forum & will tuck my tail between my legs and quietly leave this site. Good bye everyone.
  • Mar 9, 2016
    Modelxancaster
    I just got my invite for the Regular Model X ( 70 ) today. Once I take a peek I will ask for my $5K back. Complete and total rip-off at these prices except for people who enjoy throwing away money. If anything the S is much better priced.
  • Mar 9, 2016
    Dakkor
    We tried to go see the X at the Meet the X event in Montreal today and we got gently told to get the f... out since we didn't had a reservation. We saw one for around 1.5 seconds before it left the parking. Also the parking was super full and the chargers were full of people, even a Subaru in the charging spot at the store. We we're told that there would be a X in the show room in some weeks or we could make a 5K deposit to test drive it. Anyway, price are way too high right now, but even if you look right now the same model S that I ordered in April 2015 is now almost 20K higher (with taxes etc) with the same configuration. The dollar is killing us.
  • Mar 9, 2016
    Ocelot
    i am cross posting ...but I feel I need to ....


    Well I got the configure now email. OUCH! I am number 70 something in Canada and that is after accidentally being put on the American waitlist...so I think my deposit was April 2012 or something like that. Anyhow at the time I never imagined my planned family hauler would be the same price as a supercar ie. the new Mclaren 540C. A lease will be more than my mortgage payments monthly. The huge delay never bothered me, until now. We just bought our first electric vehicle a few weeks ago, and really like the kia soul. OUr family would of loved to go all electric....but that is now just a (no) pipe dream.
  • Mar 9, 2016
    Zapped
    Could always get this. Probably a better fit and finish but comparable performance.

    Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 10.32.14 PM.png
  • Mar 10, 2016
    Ocelot
    I do like the Cayenne..but if spending that, would buy the X! Plus it is hard to support Porsche/Audi/VW these days.
  • Mar 10, 2016
    paul7200
    Plus, to me, that 2016 model looks no different than this 7 year old one. 29e0de22d236ec791e54715aa99c7811.jpg
  • Mar 10, 2016
    yesup
    How long can we hold onto the reservation without configuring the car?
    I tried looking for any deadline or dates and can't find anything mentioned.

    I would like to hold out a little bit and hope that Tesla would come to its senses for Canadian pricing.
  • Mar 10, 2016
    global
    People gets invited to configure couple days after putting down a deposit, I don't see a benefit holding onto the reservation, other than giving Tesla a free loan.
  • Mar 10, 2016
    vandacca
    Sounds like you have a regular production model. You could probably delay your purchase indefinitely. Tesla holds onto your $5k. I can't imagine them pressuring you to configure. If they do, you could ask for your deposit back and jump back in at any time. Realistically, in the latter-half of 2016, anyone putting a deposit on a new Model X should be able to get one within a couple of months. I don't think the backlog will take long to get through.
  • Mar 10, 2016
    Local host
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét