Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 11, 2016

Firmware 5.0 part 2

  • Aug 23, 2013
    NigelM
    Well, here's hoping that Tesla is covering the entire neighborhood!!
  • Aug 23, 2013
    jomo25
    It is the feature I am looking forward to the most also.
  • Aug 23, 2013
    Seven7
    Well, the car downloaded something from Tesla, but it looks like an update to 4.5 and not 5.0
  • Aug 23, 2013
    AlMc
    :confused:
  • Aug 23, 2013
    ken830
    What's the version number?
  • Aug 23, 2013
    Seven7
    It's now 4.5(133.61) sorry, but I'm not sure what it was before, but car was picked up new at the end of last month and still has the temp tag on the back.

    As far as I can tell nothing has changed except that the little alarm clock to schedule a download showed up for the first time and is now gone. about a week ago I had to do the thumb wheel reset three times in one day because the middle screen would freeze, other than that I can't think of any reason for that download...
  • Aug 23, 2013
    AlMc
    Software people may have seen a 'bug' causing your freeze and sent you a fix.
  • Aug 24, 2013
    strengthcoach4
    What's your rated range now after the .61 update? I lost 4 miles of rated range after the update.
  • Aug 24, 2013
    cinergi
    I've seen it forget the current slacker song and immediately play the next one, and I've seen it resume the old one. But it does resume, and with the correct station.
    Haven't tried that yet. I almost never use the browser :)
  • Aug 24, 2013
    Seven7
    kind of early to tell, looks the same so far...
  • Aug 24, 2013
    FlasherZ
    I've seen it wake up, resume the song that was playing -- and then play the station as if you searched it again. This results, if you have taken very short trips, in playing the same song over again.

    ...AND... another question for those of you with 5.0 - has 3G connectivity gotten worse? It's not a local tower issue, because it's happening almost everywhere within 50 miles of me, areas that used to be really good have suddenly started losing map tiles and skipping in songs.
  • Aug 25, 2013
    AlMc
    Flasher.....New cars have 5.0 and those folks do not have a frame of reference to answer your question since they never had the 'old 4.5' version 3G. And, I believe beta testers are only suppose to discuss their opinions/findings with TM software people so you may not get an answer to this part of your post unless you know other beta testers and PM them.
  • Aug 25, 2013
    FlasherZ
    *nods*

    I don't really care how they got 5.0. Some people have sold off their old Model S and gotten a new P85+'s, etc. If there is a beta testing program or there are any beta testers, though, PM me if you don't want to post in this thread.
  • Aug 25, 2013
    AlMc
    Sorry if I offended somehow. Just saying that they will be very few people who may be able to answer your question. Again, no offense intended.
  • Aug 25, 2013
    Lloyd
    I fit that catagory, my 2nd model S and have 5.0. I can't say that there is a Huge difference with 5.0, but I do notice a little latency, almost like the signal is "throttled" slightly. With a strong 3G signal, I get the spinning donut between songs at times, but just for a few seconds. I never got that before unless the signal was very weak.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I tested the WiFi connection this am on our anemic DSL at my home.

    Car:

    2.64 mps down
    .58 up

    Laptop:

    3.2 down
    .64 up
  • Aug 25, 2013
    FlasherZ
    It didn't offend me at all. No worries. Darn lack of voice in this text stuff. :)
  • Aug 25, 2013
    cinergi
    Not that I knew if it worked before, but it's remembering my session ...
  • Aug 25, 2013
    FlasherZ
    I noticed a change not in 5.0, but I did with a loaner loaded with 4.5 lately. The loaner I got remembered my Yahoo login throughout the 2 weeks I had it. My Sig never did, always lost it the next time I went in. I haven't checked lately though.
  • Aug 25, 2013
    brianman
    In "original sleep", it lost your cookies and your Slacker paused song state.
  • Aug 25, 2013
    FlasherZ
    I don't think tossing its cookies was a sleep mode thing, as it still happened in 4.5 as well.
  • Aug 25, 2013
    brianman
    Clarification:
    My recollection is that if you left the web app open/visible, cookies were retained unless you invoked original sleep.
  • Aug 26, 2013
    FlasherZ
    Ahh, ok. I rarely use the web browser except when I'm waiting for one of the kids to get done with practice or whatever. Bugs me that I have to log into everything again. Sounds like the same effect - sleep mode essentially shut down the web app and so it tossed the cookies.

    Based on my experience so far, it no longer does that. For me, the center screen doesn't really go to sleep in 5.0, it's immediately available to me. The "instrument cluster" powers down, and perhaps some of the radios, etc. in the center screen, but the apps still run, music is still remembered, etc.
  • Aug 27, 2013
    NigelM
  • Aug 27, 2013
    jpwe10
    Don't know if this is a new feature, as I don't own a Model S, but it looks like there is a new tab titled 'Xtras'. Could this be a new feature in 5.0? Found the pic today while browsing around on the Design Studio. You can see it on the right side of the touchscreen next to the phone tab.
    ui_option_extended_napa_leather_2_large.jpg
  • Aug 27, 2013
    FlasherZ
    I don't have it... curious nonetheless. :)

    Could be a factory mode thing or something?
  • Aug 27, 2013
    apacheguy
    Probably has something to do with third party apps (when they finally release the SDK, of course, which I wouldn't count on happening anytime soon).

    On another note, has anyone received 5.0 as an OTA (beta testers excluded)? Coming up on the end of August and the roll out is taking forever.
  • Aug 27, 2013
    4SUPER9
    Been running 5.0 for 2 weeks now. Never saw this.
  • Aug 27, 2013
    NigelM
    I believe that's an old picture. 99% certain I saw it before, maybe a year ago? In any case it's an early version of the FW as indicated by the position of the icons in the very top of the screen. In previous iterations the 3G signal, Bluetooth icon etc. all moved slightly to the left (presumably making space for the WiFi icon).
  • Aug 27, 2013
    brianman
    This is from very old (pre-production, I think) firmware. I know this because I remember the early firmware and this icon. :)

    You can tell it's older than 4.5 (or older than 4.4, I forget) by the separated 3G and bar graph icons at the top.
    You can also tell it's older than 4.5 because it's missing the lightning bolt to the right of the crosshairs at the top right of the map.
  • Aug 27, 2013
    NigelM
    ^ Beat you by seconds brianman! :tongue:
  • Aug 27, 2013
    FlasherZ
    The Wi-Fi icon replaces the 3G icon when active.
  • Aug 27, 2013
    wdimagineer
    Service in Burlingame reiterated that 5.0 is on hold due to issues. The guy there was from Seattle and mentioned they had one or two cars up there that were updated and refused to wake up.
  • Aug 27, 2013
    cinergi
    That's already been fixed. Wonder what else is holding it up ...
  • Aug 27, 2013
    wdimagineer
    Couldn't say. I had wanted the update before I leave town for a month. No place to keep my car plugged in and figured the reduced energy usage in sleep mode would be nice. They felt for me. Even went so far as to offer storing my car at the service center and dropping me off at the airport. That was a unique and amazing experience that I've never had from any other auto company. I might just take them up on it.
  • Aug 28, 2013
    AlMc
    My opinion: Trying to decide if they want to give owners the option on the control screen of using 'sleep mode' that saves energy vs. 'old mode' that has 'immediate on' but has more vampire loss. In addition, I suspect they are working on better app to car connection speed before general release.
  • Aug 28, 2013
    apacheguy
    I suspect the same. Despite it not being ideal, I wish they would release 5.0 and update the mobile app later. I'd put up with a long connection time for the time being in exchange for not losing several miles overnight.
  • Aug 28, 2013
    AlMc
    Agreed, but they are probably worried more about complaints from people whose app connections times are very long or just don't get connected versus everyone that has been waiting for a vampire loss fix. The vampire loss group (me) have already expressed their concerns while there will be a whole new group of complaints from the 'new' group that will complain about connection times. Simplest fix, IMO, is giving people the option on control pattern of 'old' way or 'new' way while they are working on a permanent fix for everything.
  • Aug 28, 2013
    Monto
    I agree
  • Aug 28, 2013
    AmpedRealtor
    My understanding is that some new cars are shipping with 5.0, others still with 4.5. If the software isn't ready, why are they installing it on some new vehicles? Mine was delivered just this past Friday and build completed earlier last week. My car arrived with 4.5 installed, but I also don't have any features that require 5.0 (parking sensors, winter package, etc.).
  • Aug 28, 2013
    dirkhh
    4.5 doesn't support parking sensors. So if a new car has those, they need 5.0. But if there are known problems (I now have seen two reports about care refusing to wake up) then they are smart to try to address those, first.

    Interestingly I have an email from someone who appears to have received 5.0 over the air without being a beta tester. Still trying to get more information from him (or to have him post here...)
  • Aug 28, 2013
    AmpedRealtor
    I anxiously check my car every morning, but no update :mad:
  • Aug 28, 2013
    AlMc
    IMO the people getting 5.0 are, in effect, beta testers if others are getting 4.5 still. Probably random.
  • Aug 28, 2013
    ElSupreme
    Well if they weren't they certainly are now ... :redface:
  • Aug 28, 2013
    sgblank
    @dirkhh
    Not true.
    4.5 _does_ support parking sensors.
    I drove a P85+ loaner that had them.
    Photos are here: Parking sensors - Page 34
  • Aug 28, 2013
    ZestyChicken
    Does anyone who have 5.0 know if you can use the Model S itself as a hotspot? In other words, can I tether my wifi-only device to the Model S to be able to allow passengers to surf on their tablets?
  • Aug 28, 2013
    wcalvin
    Not on Tesla's nickel. What sounds reasonable is that you get hotspot enabled on your cell phone to provide internet access for the car and for your passengers as well. But I await 5.0 to verify that.
  • Aug 28, 2013
    phat78boy
    I hope this is implemented. If they don't have an "all you can eat" data plan, then I can understand them holding off. However, when they start charging us I would love for this to be an option.
  • Aug 28, 2013
    4SUPER9
    I don't have screen shots to show right now, but the 4.5 version you showed operating the parking sensors is drastically different from 5.0. On 5.0, I do not get a picture of the entire car. I get the rear sensors showing on the main screen, and the front sensors showing on the left dash, with a picture of just the front of the car.

    On another note, I spoke to the local SC about the issue of the front sensors turning off in reverse. They had a pow-wow at the SC amongst all the workers and debated whether this feature is for Parking Sensors, or Parking Assist. They eventually agreed that these should be on while in reverse as a necessity while navigating tight spots, and put in a request to engineering.
  • Aug 28, 2013
    FlasherZ
    5.0 does not turn the car into a hotspot.
    5.0 does - via the WiFi - allow your car to use a hotspot created by a MiFi device or cellphone or tablet with tethering.
  • Aug 29, 2013
    viet658
    Can people please stop posting about their cell phone carriers allowing tethering or not? It's off topic to the OP's post about firmware 5.0.
  • Aug 29, 2013
    NigelM
    Mod Note: posts on tethering went here - LTE-Hotspot-Tethering-Performance
  • Aug 30, 2013
    wormhole
    Just an FYI, 5.0 is not a broad release yet, they are still working out bugs, apparently related to Europe....
  • Sep 5, 2013
    Lloyd
    Supercharging this am in Buellton with 5.0 for the first time I saw 325 mph charge rate. Sorry I did not take a photo!
  • Sep 5, 2013
    aaron.s
    WOW! Looks like someone was charging at 120kw!

    Aaron
  • Sep 5, 2013
    Discoducky
    New land speed record!...for charging that is...
  • Sep 5, 2013
    brianman
    Pictures or...
  • Sep 5, 2013
    apacheguy
    Sweet!!! I'm surprised they didn't put "Improved Supercharging" in the release notes.

    and now I REALLY want 5.0
  • Sep 6, 2013
    mnx
    This is the most anticipated firmware release for me since it reduces vampire load. I can't get it soon enough! :)
    Although if there was a supercharger within 400 miles of my home I'd be equally excited about that as well.
  • Sep 6, 2013
    brianman
    So far my list is...
    1. Removal of the 60 kW warning for HPWC
    2. Vampire load decrease
    3. Hope that 120 kW supercharging unlocks
  • Sep 6, 2013
    Lloyd
    I'll be back there next week (15th) and take a picture.
  • Sep 6, 2013
    Brett
    I took delivery last week, and have Version 5. I was greeted with this update this morning!

    Morrison Lumia 920_20130906_001.jpg Morrison Lumia 920_20130906_002.jpg
  • Sep 6, 2013
    brianman
    Please us know which version you have after the update, and any changes you notice. Thanks!
  • Sep 6, 2013
    steve841
    Damn update anxiety has returned! :cursing:
  • Sep 6, 2013
    Phacoman
    I just got my S85 last weekend and it came with software version 5 however, this morning I too was greeted with a message about an update. Does anybody know what this may be? I set it to update at 3am tomorrow.
  • Sep 6, 2013
    Gear
    I got my S60 last week and it only came with 4.5 :(
  • Sep 6, 2013
    Lloyd
    I am 5.0 (1.35.102)
  • Sep 6, 2013
    apacheguy
    Here's to hoping that the update Brett and Phacoman received is a prelude to a wider roll out.
  • Sep 6, 2013
    Denarius
    +1 (and a few more characters so I can post)
  • Sep 6, 2013
    dirkhh
    @Phacoman and @Brett - which versions do you have right now? 1.35.102 or the older 1.35.96. If it's the latter than likely this is just the OTA update to 1.35.102. If you already have 102 then this is much more interesting :)
  • Sep 6, 2013
    Super Gizmo
    Here's to hoping that the update Brett and Phacoman received is a prelude to a wider roll out.

    + 1
  • Sep 6, 2013
    Lump
    My car went in for service last week & I had asked for the v5 because we are lucky to get 1 bar of AT&T at home, SC installed 5.0 (1.35.102) & I was told all cars that came in were getting the update (this was on Sept 4)
  • Sep 6, 2013
    Brett
    I am now at 1.35.102. I can post photos of the release notes, or are they already posted?
  • Sep 6, 2013
    Phacoman
    I have 1.35.98
    Any clue what changes may happen with this update?
  • Sep 6, 2013
    brianman
    Interesting. Last time I checked with Bellevue SC they said 5.0 is "still on hold" for "by request" updating. Maybe that's been lifted since then....
  • Sep 6, 2013
    SCW-Greg
    Yeah, had my car in for tire rotation today, and some simple trim molding fix. They did a general inspection too. They had the car for awhile, but no software upgrade upon completion (not that I asked for it either).
  • Sep 7, 2013
    captain_zap
    Has anyone with 5.0 noticed that the regen has been remapped? It starts more gradually (equivalent accelerator lift produces less regen braking). The max is still 60 kW. However, my wife is complaining that she now has to use the friction brake down steep hills she drives regularly. I don't really like the change; I was totally accustomed to the regen profile. I have 1.35.102.
  • Sep 7, 2013
    jomo25
    Can't answer your question as I'm still on 4.5. But I assume you checked - did the regen on her profile happened to get reset to "Low" during the upgrade? There's a huge diff, so it would be very noticeable and thus assumed you checked already.
  • Sep 7, 2013
    captain_zap
    Yes, i checked this; still on normal regen setting for all profiles.
  • Sep 7, 2013
    aviators99
    Definitely no change in my regen for 5.0.
  • Sep 8, 2013
    FlasherZ
    I haven't given it a lot of thought. Now that I think about it, it seems "easier" to hold the car at 0/0 power use/regen to me lately, but I can't tell whether that's due to a change or me getting better at driving the Model S. That said, there is no change in the maximum regen from completely lifting, if you pull your foot off the pedal you still get that "downshift-to-second" reaction.
  • Sep 8, 2013
    dmizock
    After doing a range charge prior to a recent trip from San Diego to San Francisco, I was surprised to discover virtually no regenerative braking when I started out. I checked my settings and they were still set to standard. I then realized that with my battery completely full, regenerative braking became more or less "disabled," with no room in the battery to add additional charge. After a few miles of driving, my regen braking returned to "normal." I am still on 4.5.
  • Sep 8, 2013
    dirkhh
    Yes, known effect. It should have shown you the "famous green line" in the display...
  • Sep 8, 2013
    SFOTurtle
    There are lots of posts about this. What you experienced is totally normal and has nothing to do with the software version you're running. If regen wasn't diabled with the battery totally full, you'd have no where to store the extra energy generated during regen.
  • Sep 8, 2013
    brianman
    Dashed yellow.
  • Sep 8, 2013
    dirkhh
    I know - but people tend to call it the 'green line' to contrast it with the yellow line that shows up on the other end of the spectrum if you are about to deplete your battery and the car limits your maximum power draw...
  • Sep 8, 2013
    brianman
    Oh, you mean the "greenlining" comment. Gotcha.

    - - - Updated - - -

    When your battery is in the trip/range charge territory (> 90%) and/or your climate conditions come into play, you also see the dashed yellow in the regen area as well. FYI.
  • Sep 9, 2013
    ThortsMD
    Had mine in for 6K tire rotation and a few other odds and ends today, and asked if they would install v5. They said no. Guess I'll have to wait with the rest....
  • Sep 9, 2013
    brianman
    I called Seattle Service Center yesterday. No green light yet for 5.0 they say.
  • Sep 11, 2013
    apacheguy
    In just a few days, it will have been a month since 5.0 was spotted in the wild and yet there are no reports of OTA updates occurring.

    I remind myself to appreciate the fact that we have a car that actually receives software upgrades, but I seriously believe it is time for Tesla to start pushing out 5.0. It is a high priority update given that it contains sleep mode, which patches a very blatant flaw in a car that is otherwise nearly flawless, so... Prioritize it, Tesla. Please.
  • Sep 11, 2013
    brianstorms
    325? Meh. Been there, done that. How about 330?

    000-rt02-harris330.jpg

    Photo taken at Harris Ranch SuperCharger this past weekend.
  • Sep 11, 2013
    SFOTurtle
    Tesla probably has higher priorities. They're probably working on the plans to open the first battery swap facility somewhere in LA in a couple years. :rolleyes:

  • Sep 11, 2013
    vfx
    Exactly the same as the Roadster. Your battery is full. No place for the regen energy to go (till it depletes a bit). Roadster takes about 10 miles of driving till regen slows the car.
  • Sep 11, 2013
    brianstorms
    Just today I was driving on a nearly fully charged battery, and noticed regen wasn't kicking in as I approached red lights and stop signs. Then later I stopped noticing its absence... now I understand why. For a moment I thought this was a bug not a feature!
  • Sep 12, 2013
    andrewket
    Based on reports it sounds as if there are still bugs in 5.0, especially around sleep mode. I prefer that Tesla work out the issues with the official beta testers before making it generally available (GA). Patience.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    wormhole
    Would you rather they get it right, or push it out hastily? I vote for the former. What gives you the authoritative expertise to say 'its time' for them to start pushing out 5.0? Irrespective of how much I dislike the vampire drain, I have yet to hear a single report that set vampire drain has 1) caused a car to brick, 2) caused an owner to be stranded or 3) been anything other than a nuisance. Let's let them get it working properly and let the experts to their job.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    4SUPER9
    I do not know if this is a "feature" of 5.0, or was present before: When in reverse, the mute button does not work. Sometimes I find myself listening to loud music and when reversing, I don't want the distraction (distractions while driving 80 mph are perfectly acceptable :biggrin: )
  • Sep 12, 2013
    Mayhemm
    More than likely the next few months will be all about the European rollout. Spreading across a region with dozens of different languages, charging standards, and legal BS probably takes a fair amount of resources. I doubt we'll see much in the way of new updates/features until the new year. Superchargers coming online will have to be enough.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    gregincal
    It took them at least two months to get 4.5 right, with people complaining left and right and update after update. I'm sure this is a priority, but they're making sure to get the bugs before doing a wide release. Patience.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    dirkhh
    I agree with the result of your logic (I really want them to get the firmware right).
    I'm perplexed that they use many brand new customers who happen to be in Europe or happen to have certain features (PDC, Winter Package) as guinea pigs and don't allow those of us who know their cars and would LIKE to be guinea pigs to test 5.0 as well. But that's a company decision and I can live with it.
    What I don't agree with is the last sentence. Vampire drain is a massive issue. ~3kWh a day, 1000kWh a year that's actual cost. Also, cars parked without charging for a few weeks are possibly being bricked (an S60 would be a 0% SOC in about 3 weeks). Also, if you travel and don't have a charger right at the place where you stay (many hotels offer no place to charge) then you'll lose 5% of your charge a day in your S60 - that can cause you to get stranded on your way to the next charger.
    So yes, I don't think they should roll out a buggy release, but I also think that vampire drain is much more than just a nuisance. It's a reasonably serious flaw.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    Todd Burch
    While I agree the vampire drain can be a problem--and it certainly is costly over a year, cars will not brick from it. When the battery reaches a low SOC threshold, the car already goes into a hibernation mode automatically--at which time power draw becomes much much smaller.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    apacheguy
    This. Vampire drain is a huge issue in relation to cost and wasted electricity.

    Also, I have heard the opposite regarding 5.0 - that there are not many bugs and the beta testers confirmed the latest release .102 addresses the bugs with cars not waking from sleep mode. That's just what I've gathered by following this thread and reviewing the bug tracker wiki. That plus the fact that Tesla is confident enough to include 5.0 in new deliveries.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    AnOutsider
    I'm not sure how much weight this actually holds. Tesla has been sending cars out with the latest firmware for a few versions now. I'd actually think they'd want to do the opposite: send with older, more stable firmware, test on those who are used to the MS experience AND give the new owners the joy of a software update once the build is finally solid enough for a larger roll out.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    AlMc
    I agree with this sentiment. However, for some of the newer hardware features (parking sensors) to work properly does it need 5.0? If none of the new hardware needs 5.0, then I agree that only more 'seasoned' S owners should be, in essence, Beta testers.

    The biggest concern TM has is from reports of slow APP connection and the fact 'slow' (I don't think it sounds too slow) wake up from sleep mode.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    apacheguy
    @AnOutsider - totally agree, you echoed my sentiment exactly (from another thread):

    Also, there are reports of parking sensors working on 4.5 IIRC.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    4SUPER9
    BTW, I am having issues with my parking sensors. They are going off continuously while in stop and go traffic. Not from the car in front of me, but from the cars on either side. I will be contacting TM to discuss.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    vfx
    Tow mode is carwash mode...
  • Sep 12, 2013
    TexasEV
    No Tesla Model S is being "bricked". That implies a battery that can not be charged, hence just dead weight like a brick. That was a Roadster phenomenon. Model S batteries can be charged again even if discharged fully. Please do not use the pejorative term "bricked" to refer to a fully discharged battery as that creates a lot of misconception in the lay press.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    Super Gizmo
    dirkhh

    I agree with the result of your logic (I really want them to get the firmware right).
    I'm perplexed that they use many brand new customers who happen to be in Europe or happen to have certain features (PDC, Winter Package) as guinea pigs and don't allow those of us who know their cars and would LIKE to be guinea pigs to test 5.0 as well. But that's a company decision and I can live with it.
    What I don't agree with is the last sentence. Vampire drain is a massive issue. ~3kWh a day, 1000kWh a year that's actual cost. Also, cars parked without charging for a few weeks are possibly being bricked (an S60 would be a 0% SOC in about 3 weeks). Also, if you travel and don't have a charger right at the place where you stay (many hotels offer no place to charge) then you'll lose 5% of your charge a day in your S60 - that can cause you to get stranded on your way to the next charger.
    So yes, I don't think they should roll out a buggy release, but I also think that vampire drain is much more than just a nuisance. It's a reasonably serious flaw.

    +1
  • Sep 12, 2013
    dirkhh
    Thanks for the lecture, much appreciated.

    Please also talk to the technician in my local service center that I talked to when picking up my car that he shouldn't call the Tesla Model S they had sitting there for a battery replacement "bricked" but that he should use a more press friendly positive way to describe the state of the battery of the car that the owner had left unplugged for 31 days while out of the country and that subsequently wouldn't accept a charge. I'm sure he'll appreciate the help.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    tomas
    1) +1 on the admonishment about using word "bricked". No evidence a Model S has EVER been rendered unable to charge due to depletion, and that's what "bricked" means.
    2) You do not lose 5% per day. I defy anyone to show logs demonstrating that. I've had 10 months and 9k miles of experience now, and it just ain't that much. More like 2 or 3%, and as I understand it, car shuts down all usage if you hit the reserve.
    3) I have yet to go to a hotel or resort that cannot give me access to a 110 outlet within 50 feet of a parking place. I carry a 15 amp rated extension cord (yes, I know not recommended, but I think that's just to keep idiots from using the walgreens lamp extension), and my tesla-issue 110 plug adapter. If you plug in, you not only won't lose anything, but will typically gain ~45 miles overnight.

    I know there are a lot of people exorcized about vampire drain, and even though I am not one of them, it's their right to pick their priorities. But, I gotta say, we all HAVE to be patient and let Tesla work away at delicate issues like power management. Tesla has shown that, in most cases, they ARE listening and working on the right things, and they are using judgement in how aggressively to roll out software. As I have said before, just chill, crank up some tunes you like, and take the best car in the world for a vigorous spin. Repeat daily until you get 5.0, 5.5, or whatever it is that sorts out sleep mode. Oh, and bring an extension cord if you are going anywhere overnight.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    dirkhh
    See my earlier response. Thanks for the admonishment but I stood next to a "bricked" (the words of the Tesla employee, not mine) car the day I took possession of mine
    I have about six weeks of telemetry data that show that I lose on average 3kWh a day - with a 60kWh battery that comes out to about 5% a day.
    I appreciate the convictions with which you state what you believe to be true... but I happen to have data to support what I say...
    Interesting statement. Given how many posts we have here about people struggling to find hotels where they can charge I am surprised by it, but I haven't gone out to look for specific examples. My guess would be that there are a fair number of rural hotels that will not let you charge, period (there was a thread about this on the teslamotors forum a while ago - the Model S owner was actually evicted from the property when he tried to charge from an outlet with an extension cord).
    ex�or�cise
    ?eks�r?s?z,?eks?r-/
    verb; past tense: exorcised;?past participle: exorcised
    1. drive out or attempt to drive out (an evil spirit) from a person or place.

    Not sure that describes the state people are in, but maybe you meant 'excited'?
    I'm not getting all that excited about it. I know they are working on it, I see progress towards it being fixed. I simply argue about people calling it a 'non-issue'.



  • Sep 12, 2013
    bsd
    I picked up my S85 on Sep 7 and it has 1.35.98 installed. I didn't change my order for the new features like parking sensors, or cold weather package.

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379020066.584230.jpg
  • Sep 12, 2013
    tomas
    exorcized - e.g., trying to expel the evil spirit of vampire drain.

    I guess there's always the guy who buys an electric car and leaves it unplugged while he goes to Europe for a month, sigh. Maybe he should also be exorcized, but I'd say he's not evil - just stupid.

    If you have logs, I'll give you 5%. Just plug in more often and it will go away.

    And the guy who goes to the Bates motel without calling first. I guess my experience has been that if I plan my trip and call ahead, never a problem. I haven't been watching those threads about problems finding hotels to charge. I'm living in blissful ignorance.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    SFOTurtle
    In other words, you do not have parking sensors or cold weather package but have 5.0. Good to know. That hopefully means they're getting more confident in the release. And congrats on picking up the new car!
  • Sep 12, 2013
    dirkhh
    So in summary, we agree, we just phrase things differently :)

    I usually plug in every night (I didn't for a couple of days specifically because I was curious if I could measure vampire drain) - and I agree that with very little planning you can indeed find a hotel where you can charge (Downtown Seattle apparently is challenging for that). And yes, the person keeping their Tesla unplugged... /eyeroll/.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    AmpedRealtor
    I asked to be put on the list of cars that are given pre-release and beta versions before everyone else. I was told that they have enough already and are not accepting new vehicles into the early software testing program. Oh well. :(
  • Sep 12, 2013
    Kraken
    Got a loaner today that has 5.0 installed. Cool to see/use. It doesn't have parking sensors (even though i asked for them to see them first hand) or cold wether package and the vin is in the 18000s... Almost 6000 more than mine in less than 3 months!!!

    anyway, I really want 5.0 and asked if they could add it while my car is in for service, we'll see. I couldn't care less about the vampire drain, so I hope they get an option out soon to turn the sleep mode off. I think when I let my car sit for 2 days to get the windows tinted I lost 11 miles the first day (so under 5%) but the second day was only about 5 miles of loss (so your 5% a day only happens if you are also using the car daily.... not if you are letting it sit). overall this is Really minimal, and would require way more than 31 days to lose a full battery worth unless already partially drained (in which case the guy was really setting himself up for failure).

    I have noticed that when I get out to the car, I now have about 10 less miles of range than I did 2 months ago. I've been losing about 4 miles a month. I don't know if the is the car adapting to my driving style, vampire loss, or if the battery has really lost 4% in 4000 miles, so it would nice to be ale to turn sleep mode on at some times, but I definitely wouldn't want it on all the time. Of course even better would be instant wake up...


    Other interesting things about the loaner are that it specifically says not to use maps or Internet radio. granted the service guys were using both. with only 150 miles on it which is about the distance from factory to service center to my office, I'm likely the first non tesla employee to drive it. the service center also opened just last week. i think this is likely because they are close to releasing the 3G payment plans.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    FlasherZ
    The maps / Internet radio is a standard warning put on the car in the factory, reminding the testers not to access those functions during the test cycles.
  • Sep 12, 2013
    dirkhh
    But why?
  • Sep 12, 2013
    FlasherZ
    So that they don't have to do a reinitialization, I suppose. They want the radio history and map history to be fresh for the consumer.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét