Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 11, 2016

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders? part 3

  • May 14, 2016
    loganintx
    Yes. I can do math but it's not an option for the 75D model it's a different model car. It's not the same as clicking on upgraded audio for $2,500
  • May 14, 2016
    MikeC
    Are you saying compared to the original 70D price? Yes, that I would expect to be 13k more.

    If you're saying the fair selling value to Tesla between the 75D and 90D isn't $10k, I disagree. Given that we are already getting 50% off the air suspension, why wouldn't the company be willing to sell us the higher margin battery at the price that they charge for it?

    You could make a case that it's a different car model than the 75D, but the battery upgrade to 90D is really just another option.
  • May 14, 2016
    loganintx
    It is NOT an option. The configurator does not let you choose the 75D and then click a check box to turn it into a 90D for $10K. This is the entirety of what I'm saying.
  • May 14, 2016
    MikeC
    Semantics. The original question was whether Tesla would let the guy upgrade to the 90D. The entirety of what I'm saying is I don't see why they wouldn't.
  • May 14, 2016
    wang5150
    They will let you upgrade to 90D and other changes with change fees waived. They had been calling 75D orders to try to get them to upgrade back in Feb/Mar with a promise of April delivery.
  • May 15, 2016
    shokunin
    I think some people forget that the $10,000 upgrade to the 90kw does not include the SAS option, it's only true when you compare SAS 75D and SAS 90D.

    The coil 75D to 90D is 12.5K upgrade (10K for battery, 2.5K for SAS). It used to be a 15,500 difference on the original 70D, but when they bumped the battery to 75 they tacked on 3K to the base price as well.
  • May 15, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    Which means, to me, that all 75D orders should have SAS included. Just sayin'
  • May 15, 2016
    captaintessie
    For people in the states....the free change boat has sailed. Friday was the cutoff.

    I think the only options available avoiding the change fee was.

    * Upgrade to a 90D (which means pay for the 90D as listed with all required upgrades)
    * Upgrade from a 5 seat to a 6/7 seat option (add or subtract other options at will)
    * Upgrade from coil to SAS with specified discount (add or subtract other options at will)
  • May 15, 2016
    wang5150
    So, basically order/upgrade to a Model X 90D with the options we want you to have or get to the back of the line...
  • May 16, 2016
    abikepeddler
    Been actively reading this topic since it started and wanted to purge a couple thoughts that have been percolating...

    Quite a number of pages back on this topic someone asked if anyone felt that the coil suspended 6 or 7 seat configurations could infact end up being the most sought after in the secondary markets compared to the cars offers the Smart Air Suspension. That is, once some time has passed and the Model X's start to have some pre-owned sales history will the ones spec'd with coil suspension actually out perform the resale values of the SAS cars? I am a firm believer that this will infact be the case and not just because this is how I spec'd our Model X 75D but it is based on the history of vehicles from various manufacturers that offered rarely accepted or offered options that eventually went on to drive popularity and resale values. BMW's M cars with "sunroof delete" options have proven to be extremely popular among the BMW M crazies. And finding a clean, early 90's Lexus SC300 with the ultra rare 5-speed manual transmission mated to the legendary 2JZ-GE straight six is tougher then hiding a baked ham from Oprah! Oh and finding a W211 Mercedes AMG Estate (wagon) is not only tough but will force buyers finding one to pay roughly 25% more then the more common sedan variants.

    So as I read all these posts on the Model X coil, one pattern emerged. A lot of Model X coil buyers are taking Teslas offer of the discounted SAS... meaning there are less and less of the coil suspended MX's to be manufactured by Tesla. This was confirmed when I got the call from Tesla asking if we would like to upgrade to the SAS. The Tesla representative I spoke with said "most people I have spoken with have taken the upgrade". When I asked the Tesla rep as to why the push to gets Model X buyers to step up to the SAS they disclosed to me that there was some performance limitations with the coil spring versus the SAS when it came to cargo capacity. Loaded to capacity with 7 passengers, luggage and potentially an accessory hitch full of bicycles could max out the coil suspensions capabilities and although they wouldn't say it, I couldn't help but get the vibe that the coil suspension might not quite be a fully baked idea just yet. I think the coil spring Model X will end up being a very niche configuration for a very narrow group of buyers and that is alright with me.
  • May 16, 2016
    Diavel

    I said that fellow car guy. I love the 2jz-ge/gte engine of the supras mated to twin sequential turbos. Those were my favourite along with Mazda's rotary rx-7. Unfortunately I couldn't help but upgrade to SAS and told my wife It just made more sense since my mother's knees were getting weak and if the vehicle knelt, it would be easier for her to get in and out. Hard to argue with that! Then I proceeded to add towing and she was not delighted.

    There will be a market for coil. Merely saying it's coil and showing the secondary buyers the price for each component and that vehicle will instantly be unique and desirable. If you have SAS and with the fwd, I think extended warranty almost becomes a necessity. Hopefully I'm wrong.

    Btw, your vocabulary included percolating, purging while your name has peddler in it... What are you up to? ;)
  • May 17, 2016
    Stasla
    I inquired about this with my DS, slightly different situation: I downgraded from 90D to 75D the day after it was announced. Even though my order confirmed on 4/10, when the base price of the 70D was $80k, I didn't get the free 75D upgrade and my order agreement shows base price of $83k. I also had to pay a $500 change fee to downgrade. When I asked if I can get the base price adjusted along with adding the SAS as part of the coil-to-SAS offer (since it was $80k when the order confirmed) I was basically told to go away and that Tesla does not negotiate.

    So it's not options pricing, but still pricing related and I thought it was worth mentioning.

    Also, my DS confirmed that the $1900 72amp charger post-delivery upgrade WILL be available for my Model X, as I didn't order the higher AMP charger package, which at the time of order was listed as "not available after delivery" This is good news, as I have no infrastructure at home to charge at 72 AMP currently anyway, but like to have the flexibility down the road if I move, etc.

  • May 17, 2016
    wang5150
    Did anyone that recently upgraded to SAS/Tow in the latest round of calls check to see if their upgrades now appear in their MyTesla config yet?
  • May 17, 2016
    fengshui
    Just as a data point, I got the call from Inside Sales today offering the half-price SAS upgrade. I had already discussed it with my DS last week, but it looks like the Inside Sales rep didn't see the note on my file, so I got a second call. For those of you who might want to try for the upgrade, it sounds like the window to do so is still open.

    Also, this means that they have quite a few 70/75D orders with coil, as they've been calling for over a week now, and are still not done.
  • May 17, 2016
    Tgibson
    Not me. And I have not seen anyone else indicate they have either. I got the call on Friday, May 6. On Monday, I accepted the SAS upgrade and made one additional change on Monday, May 9. I followed up with Tesla inside sales on Friday, May 13. I was told the change would hit my design spec by Friday, 5/20 and that production slots would start for 75Ds by Friday, May 27.
  • May 17, 2016
    captaintessie
    That kinda sucks....only because I really want them to start production ASAP.
  • May 17, 2016
    halg

    "there was some performance limitations with the coil spring versus the SAS when it came to cargo capacity" is this the real reason or they just don't have a production line for coil cars yet. I guess we'll never know. If it's really what they said, then it makes a pretty good reason to upgrade to SAS.
  • May 17, 2016
    Shuji
    I'm sorry if this has been covered already in this thread, but would SAS be covered under an extended warranty or would they deem any SAS failure as normal wear and tear and deny a claim?
  • May 17, 2016
    Oloron
  • May 17, 2016
    mlouie23
    I got an Inside Call today too even tho I already confirmed with my DS last week. Seems like Inside Sales isn't seeing the notes from our DS's.
    I asked if I'm further in the queue because I didn't get batched last week but she said that hasn't been done yet. She also said that within the next few weeks I'd get queued for production (seems similar to what @Tgibson was saying).
    She was pretty confident to expect delivery in July.
  • May 17, 2016
    wallstguy
    I'm getting the SAS, is it worth getting the Tow package? I've never towed anything...ever.

    Anyone know if the Tow/Accessories package can be added on later?
  • May 17, 2016
    fengshui
    At $750, it seems like a relatively inexpensive option to have. The Tow Package itself can likely not be added later, as it is described as including structural reinforcements and other items that can not easily be retro-fitted.
  • May 17, 2016
    wallstguy
    It's $1,050 here in Canada (considering the CAD and USD were at parity for years before the oil crisis, we're definitely getting the short end of the stick!)

    This wasn't clear to me on the config page, but is the accessories hitch included as part of the tow package?

    Can either be used to install something like a "carrier" that would traditionally be on top of the car for extra luggage, etc?
  • May 17, 2016
    loganintx
    This is the very latest that my DS was able to scrounge up on Accessory Hitch vs Towing Package
    "The vehicles that I have seen with the accessory hitch option are coming with the full tow package on the back. You are right that they can�t set it to tow mode on the screen, they also do not come with the connections for lights."
  • May 17, 2016
    wallstguy
    ^Can you explain what that means? Should I just get the accessories package? $300 vs $1050
  • May 17, 2016
    grommet
    It means... just like Tesla has always been telling you: If you want to Tow.. you order the Tow Package. If you just want to mount accessories, order it with the Accessory Hitch. The difference going forward may only be the trailer wiring... and the "tow mode" in software.

    Getting a free full "Tow Package" was just temporary, like the "free" Active Spoiler for non-P.
  • May 17, 2016
    loganintx
    LOL. I did explain it as best I could with the information given ;) It's clear as mud!
    I am having my DS check to see if I can upgrade to Tow Package and waive the $500 change fee since there is so much uncertainly about what the Accessory Hitch will actually be. My car will go into production in first week of June.
  • May 17, 2016
    captaintessie
    I love your confidence about your production week.
    I hope you're right.
    I hope we're all right.
    I'm also hoping for rainbows and unicorns.l!!

    Ok. I might have had an after dinner drink or 2. Just hoping to get my X soon. Had to vent.
  • May 17, 2016
    K-MTG
    Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I hope we get a sunshade
  • May 17, 2016
    grommet
    What are you worried about? You get the ability to mount accessories via a 2" hitch receiver. That's guaranteed.
  • May 17, 2016
    loganintx
    Not if those parts are delayed at delivery.
  • May 18, 2016
    Diavel
    I did the tow package. I can now easily rent jet skis and atvs with a trailer without having the need to own them.

    Also can haul anything I don't want inside the X. Worth it even for resale as its fairly a cheap useful upgrade. The abundance of 5 seaters with coil will not have this feature so there will be a difference in price when time to sell.

    Accessory hitch and tow hitch can install cargo carriers so the option Is there for both.

    Cargo carriers would be the preferred way to travel if you can as you're not towing anything so it's easier and you can drive faster (I think).

    I'd rather have best of both worlds if I'm doing sas and a hitch. If I have my X packed, extra storage is surely welcome.
  • May 18, 2016
    tropical1
    I agree, I added tow package. I definitely think it is worth it to have on an SUV and for resale. Given the deal from Tesla we are getting SAS+Tow for cheaper than the SAS alone. In the end, the only options I didn't get was the premium package (Cost and worries about that automatic door) and the subzero package (front seats can be heated and I live in Florida). As to delivery, I hope they actually make July. No change to MyTesla yet.
  • May 18, 2016
    Shuji
    I finally caved today. I don't really care when I get the car since it's my wife's car, but she really wants it asap. Upgraded to SAS for $1250, added accessory hitch for $200, and upgraded to 22 inch silver turbine wheels for $4500. I know it's not really like I saved $1000 on the wheels, but I'm gonna look at it that way to make myself feel better. Was told everything will be updated sometime next week and delivery will be in July for what that's worth.
  • May 18, 2016
    captaintessie
    WOW...they gave you the 22" at the old $4,500 price? That was generous.
  • May 18, 2016
    Shuji
    I thought so too, but then again, I did just raise their revenue by $5950. Plus I'll probably end up getting the extended warranty just for the SAS. Another $4000. It's clear who the winner is here.
  • May 18, 2016
    captaintessie
    I hope it is $4000 for the warranty. I don't think they announced the price yet. I would scoop it up whatever it is. I got my extended warrenty for my S at $2500. It's a steal compared to now.
  • May 18, 2016
    Diavel

    $2500? Wow I paid $4000. Geez that's a big difference.
  • May 18, 2016
    wallstguy
    Got the Tow Hitch as well for $200, my rep suggested that was the best way to go if I never have any intention to tow.
  • May 18, 2016
    captaintessie
    HAHA...you scared me. I went back to look just in case. It was $2,500. I'm afraid the X will be $5,000+.

    FYI. Just got my S repaired for a broken door handle that wouldn't retract. it was $0 because of warranty but my rep said the parts alone would have cost me $750. OUCH. Imagine the Falcon doors!!
  • May 18, 2016
    ssq
    Is Tesla using Spacex rocket unobtanium parts that a door handle mechanism costs that much!?
  • May 19, 2016
    wang5150
    Maybe an adamantium-vibranium alloy...
  • May 19, 2016
    vandacca
    Tesla has used inconel, a space-x super-alloy for the battery pack fuse/contact. At the moment, I'm thinking my whole Model-X is made up of unobtanium, since I've been waiting 4+ years for it to show up in my driveway.
  • May 19, 2016
    CraneKick
    I noticed the Design Studio updated the 90s from June to July. 75 is still July but I presume they are keeping it current. Prior to this, I thought they weren't updating it anymore.

    All signs still pointing to July!
  • May 19, 2016
    captaintessie
    I'm hoping they accepted enough orders of the 90D...or better yet, are expecting to start the 75D late June, so they need to push all new orders to July.

    Fingers crossed!
  • May 20, 2016
    Tgibson
    Anybody who has a 75D that recently upgraded to SAS have their Design Spec updated to reflect the change? I got the call on 5/6 and upgrade on 5/9 and mine has not need updated.
  • May 20, 2016
    mlouie23
    The general advice is not to follow what's on MyTesla as it's rarely updated. My DS said it'd take 3 days to update, then Inside Sales told me a week (which was a week ago now). I'm hoping it'll be updated after they batch us in a slot for production, which I'm guessing happens within the next 2 weeks.

    I'm not to worried about the Design Spec being updated. I'd rather hear from my DS who'd have much more updated info than MyTesla.
  • May 20, 2016
    ssq
    I had an email exchange with the inside sales rep who processed my changes. He has confirmed all changes over email twice and said i should be rest assured and not worry about myTesla updates (earlier ETA was mid week). Delivery date of July also assured again.
  • May 21, 2016
    ksquared
    OK...might as well join this thread. Order confirmed two days ago and VIN assigned yesterday. Just under 8400, and hoping for the second half of July. Anticipation...
  • May 21, 2016
    captaintessie
    Not a personal attack on you but that really kind of annoys me. I have been a reservation holder for 3+ years, confirmed 3 months ago like many others here...and yet no Vin#.

    My only hope is they just shoot out the Vins all at once for a late June early July delivery like I was told. Maybe they're just waiting to collect enough for the batch to begin baking.

    Sorry @ksquared .... just venting a bit. Congratulations!
  • May 21, 2016
    captaintessie
    Also...this is the exact reason I did not reserve a Model 3. I learned my lesson about giving deposits to Tesla. All I need to do is order the top of the line and I'll jump ahead of most orders...especially with my "Golden Ticket" of owning an S and soon X.
  • May 21, 2016
    loganintx
    You'll potentially lose out on the fed tax rebate though which was not a concern for those who are just now ordered an S or X.
  • May 21, 2016
    CraneKick
    For the record, ksquared ordered a 90D, not 75D. There still haven't been any 75Ds that have been assigned a VIN (that I'm aware of).
  • May 21, 2016
    wang5150
    I think all of us reservation holders (75D or 90D) have been patiently waiting for ours and Tesla seems to give new orders higher priority. @captaintessie is just voicing our collective frustrations at Tesla and not at new owners wanting their Model X.

    The good news is that I'm hearing lots of Model X arriving at SCs getting prep'd so maybe they're just slow to update the MyTesla site.
  • May 21, 2016
    captaintessie
    That's what I'm saying is annoying. I will most likely take away someone's chance of getting the federal tax credit solely because I purchase the more expensive options. I can order the day the design studio opens and jump the line even in front of a person that placed their order the day reservations opened.

    I get priority for owning an S and X (I can purchase 2 M3's and jump the line)
    I get priority because I would purchase a premium version of the M3 (jump the line even further)

    Seems a little unfair but it is what it is. That is why I didn't put my deposit down for a Model 3
  • May 21, 2016
    captaintessie
    Yes. That's why I'm frustrated. Someone can jump the line (not even saying @ksquared did... but others have) just because they ordered the 90D, P90D, etc.
    Just a little bummed.
  • May 21, 2016
    jsollender
    Also believe that no 5 seater VIN have been released, even if P90DL or P90 or 90D. While there is one 5 seat VIN assigned in Chicago and one in Netherlands according to modelxtracker.com, neither of those listings have responded to Darryl confirming there stats, so with only 2 5 seaters, both dubious, us 5 seat orders are also in line before some walk-up reservation, or at least that's how it should be. As I see it, highest profit cars deliver first in USA, then second highest profit car in USA, then 3rd highest in USA, then same order for Canada, then same order for Europe, then China, followed by next lower profit. So USA gets P90DL (6-7 seats), then P90 with PUP (6-7 seats), then 90D +/- PUP (but with 6-7 seats), then CA, then EU, then Asia, and when all those deliver, then return to USA P90DL 5 seaters, P90 PUP 5 seats, then 90D 5 seats, then repeat in CA, EU and Asia, and if there is any time in Q4, 75's will get produced with 5, 6 or 7 seat configs. That's my production order impression. Your mileage may vary....
  • May 21, 2016
    Brandon332
    ALL: I have some interesting minor news about all the cars pending and especially those being delivered in Boston:

    I test drove an X at my local tesla location and asked the guy there about 20 questions. He was very very knowledgeable. I asked the following:

    Do you know when 75Ds are going to be produced? He said soon and said that 75Ds are the last to be produced because the IIHA (or whatever) considered the 75D to be a separate structural variation from the 90Ds due to the smaller battery and slightly different structure, and that all crash tests needed to be repeated with them. They just finished that on the 6/7 seaters. He said that they also considered all 5 seat models to also be different due to the same reason, mainly them moving up some part of the chassis, and that safety testing on those are finishing soon. Sounds like tesla might have a legitimate excuse for the delay.

    I asked about the front license plate and if they automatically put it on for states that require it. They said that the front license plate holder is adhesive without screws and is made to be removable for those that don't want it/wanna remove it with no marks. By default they leave front license plates within the front trunk and don't put it on, for now.

    Also, don't expect an active spoiler, sorry.

    Also, once cars get to the SC, it's 72 hours until delivery but if it urgently is needed they can do it within 24. The reason for the 72 hour thing is because updates are commonly required and must be installed once the cars get to the SC, which can take a lot of time. It also takes a few hours to detail.

    Also, aliant credit union is definitely the best way to finance the car.

    Also, the suspension thing was a structural thing not them being annoying. They will fix it for those September ones.

    Also, sunshades come with every car (may be obvious)

    Also, there must have been 20-25 model X's at this service center, every spot was filled. She said they're delivering 6 a week which is a lot. Definitely a lot of X backlog that they're working on fixing. You could see some being worked on.

    Also for my fellow bostonians (and possibly the rest of the east coast I postulate), they said that there are 2 forms of transport that they use, rail or half rail then truck. Just rail is 10 days from factory to SC, the other is 20 days. They are trying to push for the 10 day one always but it's impossible to choose or know which will be the case until they ship it.

    I asked them more stuff but didn't write it down, I'll post as I remember.
  • May 21, 2016
    beths11
    So, maybe since they have to re-test crash they could change the 75D, 5 seater to folding second row seats?
  • May 22, 2016
    fbitz777
    I gladly would wait a year for my 5 seater if the 2nd row ends up folding!
  • May 22, 2016
    fengshui
    It's not going to happen. A key contributor to the non-folding seats is the need for an integrated seat belt. The FWD preclude attaching the seat belt to the frame, like 99% of other cars do. (Yes, there is that one Mercedes that has done a folding seat with an integrated seat belt; no, I don't know how they engineered it, or if it would meet Tesla's standards for safety.)
  • May 22, 2016
    beths11
    Party Pooper ;)
  • May 22, 2016
    ksquared
    No offense taken. FWIW, the July estimate could be complete fiction. I do understand your frustration. Although I too have been considering this car for years, it's true that I didn't put the order in until recently and can understand why those who ordered other configurations (e.g., 75D, 90D 5-seaters, etc.) are annoyed.

    Clearly they are prioritizing the higher-end models for cash flow reasons, but this of course is no consolation (and perhaps even increases the irritation).

    I hope production significantly ramps up, so that all of us get our cars before long.
  • May 22, 2016
    ksquared
    Also, I realized that I meant to post this in the July Deliveries thread, compounding the frustration (for those in this thread, who are disproportionately those with 75D orders). Sorry about that!
  • May 22, 2016
    vandacca
    Let me also add that the more expensive models is partially for cash-flow reasons, and partially because they haven't finished the design for the cheaper models. For example, I'm sure one of the delays for the 5-seat model is the design for the trunk area. Same thing with the coils, they're probably just figuring out the details for all these other new variations.
  • May 23, 2016
    zer0cool
    I haven't driven a Model X (there just aren't many out there...), however I drove a S loaner with AS for the past few days (while my car has coil). I really don't like Tesla's AS... I wonder if the X and S have the same AS...

    Basically I prefer sportier rides and the AS, on any setting, just felt more wobbly than the coils. On standard it's so clear and the car defaults to standard every time you drive... I felt it like less than a mile after leaving the SC and my wife felt it immediately as well when we went shopping this past weekend. We both really don't like it. Felt like riding in a Lexus or something... floaty and like a boat. To me it's not just a useless waste of money, it's a negative.

    I am not getting a Model X, but if I were, I would probably only get one with coils.
  • May 23, 2016
    beths11
    I was glad to see your post about the default to "standard". I was reading the owners manual today and it says High goes to less high at > 26mph, less high goes to standard at >46 mph (I am doing fuzzy remembering here, but I'm close). I really don't get it...It will fail outside of warranty and will be expensive to fix. I hope all that jumped at the chance to get their X earlier by upgrading to SAS are happy in the long run. Perhaps their are towing specification I don't understand/didn't read about.
  • May 23, 2016
    CraneKick
    Looks like the Design Spec has been updated for the discounted SAS! Making progress!
  • May 23, 2016
    Poiuy09
    Yup. My design spec updated too. But only SAS is added. Other changes did not make it..... yet.
  • May 23, 2016
    Tgibson
    Same here. SAS updated but not one additional change that I made.
  • May 23, 2016
    Brandon332
    Same here, which is notable because once rumors of the required change started surfacing I added SAS for the 2500. It just adjusted down to $1250. I checked about an hour and a half ago and it was unchanged so this change was very recent.
  • May 24, 2016
    gfb107
    Mine also now shows SAS for $1250. I didn't make any other changes, so it looks 100% correct now.

    If only there was a VIN assigned, rather than just an RN number
  • May 24, 2016
    Diavel
    Yup. Changes reflected but like others, no other changes made.
  • May 24, 2016
    flyhigh123
    spoke with inside sales and looks like earliest is now july. I asked about june, and now they say july, so ie, its now really august
  • May 24, 2016
    ssq
    Could you please share more details about your order, when did you confirm?
  • May 24, 2016
    flyhigh123
    I was 8XXX, confirmed the first day possible, early december i think. Standard order, 75d, sas, leather, ap.

    I highly doubt june as i asked a few times, and came back with July. It wasnt a firm yes for sure july. reply i got was, currently it looks like july, so that to me means august...

    Here is the email except: "July is our most accurate estimate at this point" ( doesnt make me feel solid on July)
  • May 24, 2016
    Brandon332
    I'm a 75D and just got a VIN! Car number just over 8800!
  • May 24, 2016
    fengshui
    Same here. 86XX ModelXTracker updated.
  • May 24, 2016
    mlouie23
    Nice! When were you confirmed?
  • May 24, 2016
    fengshui
    I confirmed originally on 2015-12-09, and upgraded to SAS last week.
  • May 24, 2016
    wang5150
    Sigh... didn't buy the 90D or SAS upgrade. Back of the line I go.
  • May 24, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    Just checked...I got a VIN number too!!!! Yippeee! 88XX
    (why does everyone x out the last two numbers??? just curious)
  • May 24, 2016
    fengshui
    Mostly for safety, so they can't use the combination of my name and the VIN number to try to call Tesla and impersonate me.
  • May 24, 2016
    CraneKick
    Congrats to those that were finally assigned a VIN! Would you mind indicating when you confirmed? Thanks.
  • May 24, 2016
    beths11
    I agree, but try I am trying to be happy that finally a X 75D has gotten a VIN ! That is definitely progress. ;)
  • May 24, 2016
    gfb107
    Got my VIN too! 088xx
  • May 24, 2016
    BrianD
    I have my VIN as well - 088xx same as others.

    Strangely, the design specs is still not showing SAS upgrade (or accessory hitch). They must have it in their system though otherwise I highly doubt I would have been assigned a VIN. Any others still not seeing the SAS option reflected on their design specs?
  • May 24, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    Mine shows SAS upgrade of 1,250 but not the full tow upgrade, only what I originally ordered, the $200 accessory hitch
  • May 24, 2016
    Poiuy09
    Same here.. Mine shows SAS upgrade but not Tow package I added on 5/9/2016.. No VIN yet
  • May 24, 2016
    wallstguy
    VIN 8,7XX - In Canada!
  • May 24, 2016
    ssq
    My updates were finalized on 5/13. I took some time to decide on the exterior and interior color and trim alongside SAS +Towing. I was also one of the later ones to be called, I am not sure why since I have reserved and confirmed before some of you who got called for SAS and now have a VIN. I am also in SoCal. Anyhow stating this out of curiosity, it won't matter in the end since Tesla will batch hundreds of 75Ds a week and all our X75Ds will be done in 1-2 weeks at most. I think I'll get my VIN assigned on Friday.
  • May 24, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    What does being assigned a VIN # mean? When does it go into production?
  • May 24, 2016
    CmdrThor
    A VIN doesn't mean you are in production, but you can't go in production without a VIN.
  • May 24, 2016
    MikeC
    It means your car is at least at the body-in-white stage.
  • May 24, 2016
    ccutrer
    Heh, I highly doubt that. I've had my VIN since mid-April, and my car isn't scheduled to hit production until June. It just means that Tesla has you in the actual queue for production, and likely that they have at least ordered all of the parts for your car.
  • May 24, 2016
    MikeC
    It definitely used to mean that for the Model S a few years ago. Could be different now.
  • May 24, 2016
    ccutrer
    If it ever meant that, it's probably because the steps were so close together that discriminating didn't matter. As we've seen from so many reports, each stage of X production and delivery can be extremely elastic. Live in CA and can take delivery to meet quarterly numbers? We might be able to get you a car in two weeks! Except when they can't, and it takes two to three months!
  • May 24, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    Wish we could actually "see" our car on the production line, for those of us not lucky enough to live near the factory. Wouldn't that be great? Too much liability, I suppose...
  • May 24, 2016
    ccutrer
    A Tesla NannyCam! Where do I sign up? Man, I'd really waste all day at work watching that. As if the forums aren't bad enough...
  • May 24, 2016
    wallstguy
    ccutrer did you go with dark ash or matte obeche with your config?
  • May 24, 2016
    ccutrer
    Matte Obeche. I don't have a strong opinion, and I just squeaked in with a reservation a week before the design studio went public, so Matte Obeche was my freebie.
  • May 24, 2016
    wallstguy
    I'm currently on the Matte Obeche option, but can switch to the Dark Ash option until tomorrow at no additional cost - Just wondering what people think would go better with the Blue on white...
  • May 24, 2016
    ssq
    "Imma let you finish ccutrer, but matte Obeche looks best with UWhite seats." -KanyeX

    **I changed from dark ash to matte Obeche after seeing ~10 Xs in person with all sorts of trim and color combos. Dark ash looks 95% like piano black in 90% lighting conditions :p
    I have a lighter variant of dark ash on my 5 series which shows all the nice grains in most lighting conditions. Tesla's dark ash is very dark and you can rarely see any wood grain on any trim parts except the center console door. I am not fond of piano black btw..
  • May 25, 2016
    captaintessie
    An email from my DS said my X will go into production in "late June". In my book "late" means June 16th. HAHA!
  • May 25, 2016
    jason1466
    My DS said same for me, but late July delivery (East coast). Looking at the VINs and assuming factory capability around 700/week, very late June production seems reasonable, assuming no stoppages that is.
  • May 25, 2016
    shadows
    75D, confirmed in Dec 2015, originally reserved on 2/20/14 (7xxx). Upgraded to SAS, and made a couple of other changes as well. No VIN yet, and don't see the changes other than SAS yet!

    Where do you guys see the VIN if it is available? In the PDF, or on the main page?
  • May 25, 2016
    fengshui
    It's all over the site. It shows up in place of your RN in the list of reservations/orders, it shows under the picture of the car on the main page. Essentially, it's everywhere where your RN used to be.
  • May 25, 2016
    Tgibson
    I ordered a 75D and received VN 866X last night. My DS emailed me saying I am scheduled to begin production in late June for a July delivery (Colorado). I upgraded to SAS.
  • May 25, 2016
    fengshui
    Interesting. When did you confirm/what was your original Sequence number? I got VIN 86XX from Sequence 17XX (Confirmed December 2015). I'm curious if they're batching by config for those VINs, or if it's tied to those original sequence numbers.
  • May 25, 2016
    Brandon332
    How do you view dates in the source code?
  • May 25, 2016
    Tgibson
    I reserved in November 2012, ordered the first day I was invited, and confirmed on 12/4/15. My reservation # was around 1,900. I don't really know what my sequence number was.
  • May 25, 2016
    blueinsofla
    I upgraded to SAS a few weeks back and see I now have a VIN as well (85XX). Oddly, the design spec still displays the original configuration. Either way, I'm just happy to see the wheels are finally in motion...here's to hoping for a July delivery!
  • May 25, 2016
    fengshui
    Ahh, so very close to me indeed. Looks like they're keeping a general order in-line with original reservation dates. Excellent.
  • May 26, 2016
    flyhigh123
    finally,.... Vin 90XX
  • May 26, 2016
    CraneKick
    Is this new today or have you not checked since prior to Tuesday? Trying to figure out if this is another batch or the same one. Congrats and thanks!
  • May 26, 2016
    flyhigh123
    updated about 10 minutes ago for me. My DS called me and said no vin yet and we chatting, i hit refresh, VIN given!
  • May 26, 2016
    CraneKick
    Hah! VIN for me now, too! 90XX
  • May 26, 2016
    Poiuy09
    Finally.. VIN 91xx
  • May 26, 2016
    erebay
    Just got VIN 917+
  • May 26, 2016
    MikeC
    Just got 913x here
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét