Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 11, 2016

Model X in Canada - Status part 2

  • Mar 11, 2016
    Shorty
    Have to think that Tesla is in a tough spot on this. I am sure that some Tesla X order holders are converting and purchasing the vehicle. If they turn around and lower prices then those people get screwed unless Tesla rebates them. My guess is that Tesla will watch the numbers closely and determine the best course of action in a few weeks.
  • Mar 11, 2016
    SMSMD
  • Mar 21, 2016
    vandacca
    I've been told that Signature price is going up on Wednesday by over $30k in Canada due to currency difference. Time to confirm...
  • Mar 21, 2016
    Macgaver
    The Wednesday timing .... maybe VINs and ETA are coming this week ? Any hint on that from your contacts ?
  • Mar 21, 2016
    vandacca
    Nobody knows anything. I was given a June-July timeframe for delivery, but judging by all the previous missed DS predictions, I'm not holding my breath. Eventually somewhere, someplace a DS will make a prediction that will come true. Will this be that place and time? I don't know.
  • Mar 21, 2016
    Macgaver
    June-July is hopefully a very worst case scenario. They started delivering the 90D in the US, and are pushing 70D to convert to 90D to get their car in April/May compared to June .... which sound like they are almost done delivering the US Performance models.

    Still hoping for end of April for the Canadian Sigs ... but I have no real information source.

    If happening end of April, Elon can have the Quarterly Q1 call happening beginning of May and inform everyone that "As previously Announced", International Deliveries are happening in Q2 ... and we already had some deliveries ... and since Signatures are first ...
  • Mar 21, 2016
    Zapped
    DS indicated last week delivery for end of May- mid June for CND Sig #30 but I'm sure it's a guess also
  • Mar 21, 2016
    vandacca
    I've heard anywhere between late April (4-5 weeks) to June/July. Once I hit that configure button, I'm not thinking about it until I get an Email/call. I'd prefer to post-pone it as long as possible so that I can try to save up for the added cost of currency exchange.
  • Apr 6, 2016
    Macgaver
    Another batch of VINs assigned to US reservations last night ... Nothing from my Canadian side ;-(

    We are starting Q2, which is supposed to be where International deliveries happen, I was hoping Signature VINs this week.

    Any Canadian VINs ?
  • Apr 6, 2016
    vandacca
    Also, no VIN, but I was probably the last Signature to confirm (1 week ago). I'm not expecting a VIN until mid to late May. With still some minor issues with the recent deliveries, I'm okay to wait a little longer. I'm about 90km from the Service Centre, so I'm hoping to limit this trip to once a year.
  • Apr 8, 2016
    brianvicars
    I agree with vandacca, Canadian approval for Model X sales in each province is anticipated to be completed this month. SigXs should get their VINs soon after. Once the number is assigned delivery usually takes 6 to 8 weeks. I now expect my vehicle no later that the final week of June.
  • May 6, 2016
    brianvicars
    News Flash. Canadian Model X production scheduled to begin May 23rd.
  • May 6, 2016
    brianvicars
    Update. DS says our vehicle begins production May 16th. Will post VIN asap.
  • May 7, 2016
    Macgaver
    Totally make sense for Signature. That week is the very last one where we could get our cars by June. Two weeks to build, 2-3 weeks in transport.

    I mean, having them in July, which is the month where anyone ordering today would get, would be strange. Reserving years in advance, with that 40K$ reservation amount have to save us at least a month right !
  • May 7, 2016
    Martin VanB
    Here is the email I received. I am so excited.

    It is my absolute pleasure to let you know that production dates were assigned to Canadian signature Model X�s this morning!


    Your Beautiful Model X is expected to go into production during the week of May 16th 2016 and arriving here in mid-June.


    It would be great to speak with you and go over some details. Please let me know when you are available.


    Thank you!
  • May 7, 2016
    Macgaver
    Very precise email ! I hope to get one like that too!!

    Is it a reply to you asking or really a DS initiative I could expect ?
  • May 7, 2016
    Martin VanB
    It was a surprise email from my DS.
  • May 7, 2016
    Zapped
    2-3 weeks to Montreal. 1-3 days to Vancouver....!?. :)
  • May 8, 2016
    Jgdixon
    Got a VIN! xxx2656
  • May 8, 2016
    goneskiian
    Congrats to my neighbors to the North. Sounds like we'll likely be getting our X's about the same time. Sorry you folks had to wait so long! Mine was by choice. Hopefully you'll get cars with much fewer build issues though! ;)
  • May 8, 2016
    SMSMD
    Congratulations...
  • May 9, 2016
    brianvicars
    My SigX VIN has finally be assigned. 5YJXCBE49GFS02618

    Code.

    Digits 1-3 -->5YJ World Manufacturer Identifier

    Digit 4 -->X Model

    Digit 5 -->C Body Type & GVWR Rating

    Digit 6 --> B Restraint System

    Digit 7 --> E Fuel Type

    Digit 8 --> 4 Motor/Drive Unit

    Digit 9 --> 9 Check Digit

    Digit 10 -->G Model Year (2016)

    Digit 11 --> F Plant of Manufacture (Fremont, CA)

    Digit 12-17 --> S02618 Serial #
  • May 9, 2016
    vandacca
    Got a VIN too. I'm thinking Canada doesn't get their own Signature batch of numbers and it's just carried over from the US Signature numbers? Mine is too evil (2666).
  • May 9, 2016
    Zapped
    I see you selected the 6 seat option. What color ?
    VIN Decoder | TeslaTap
  • May 9, 2016
    Macgaver
    Got a mail from my DS indicating they will start to build my X at the end of the month (no precise week like some). Mail was informative but very generic, so maybe that's why. Supposedly the MyTesla will get the delivery estimate only when they start building the car, and will gain precision in the following weeks.

    Still no VINs for non-Sig ?
  • May 9, 2016
    brianvicars
    Tan, although would have preferred grey.
  • May 11, 2016
    Calgary
    VIN 76xx Today. No contact from DS or timing, just the VIN on MyTesla. Calgary P90D.
  • May 11, 2016
    Jgdixon
    I think this is the first P?
  • May 11, 2016
    Local host
    I have a VIN as well. Looks like production reservation holders are next. VIN 7497 90D reserved October 2012, confirmed March 16, 2016.

    Very excited!!!
  • May 11, 2016
    Macgaver
    In MyTesla, I can now see the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement document. On page two I can see my delivery for june 30th

    Same for you all ?
  • May 11, 2016
    Zapped
    Should get rid of one of these threads.
    Lots of double posts
  • May 11, 2016
    Jgdixon
    Nope and mine is a Sig
  • May 12, 2016
    vandacca
    I'm in the same situation as @Jgdixon. I don't have a delivery date on my Page 2 either. Mind you, I confirmed very late (March 29), so I'm expecting July delivery.
  • May 13, 2016
    gpetti
    I may be losing my mind but I was looking at the configuration tool and it seemed like the base price for a 90D has dropped.
  • May 13, 2016
    Macgaver
  • May 14, 2016
    SSD420
    You're not losing your mind. I just compared building a new Model X to my order. There's a $15k difference.. I just emailed my DS. Hopefully I'll get a response by Monday. ModelX-May15.png
  • May 14, 2016
    SSD420
    oops... I posted the old price before the drop. But here are the correct numbers and the correct pic.
    (Yes, I changed my mind and got Metallic Black instead of Blue, that's no mistake).. But it's still a $7850.00 additional price drop!
    ModelxBlack-May15.png
  • May 15, 2016
    elecanuck
    woo woo, got a VIN, I thought avoiding the 'premium upgrades' would delay things but maybe not. VIN 7759, updated the tracker
  • May 15, 2016
    gpetti
    I got a VIN but the excitement is slightly soured by realizing I jumped too early (after the first price drop). The early word is that the only way we will be able to get the latest pricing is if we cancel the order (lose the 5,000) and then re-order at the new price. In my case, including the dark ash change this would amount to: ($9,250 - $5,000=$4,250). This is still financially worth it but it would of course push me to the back of the queue. I thought that putting through an order change (for $500) might work as the order agreement states that if you change your order you have to accept any pricing changes (though I think it may be worded as "increases"); however, that doesn't appear to be allowed. Maybe changing to a 70D for $500, then back to a 90D for $500 would work. I'm partly joking as this obviously seems ludicrous; however, having owners cancel their orders just to get the latest pricing seems like a lot of hassle for everyone involved - certainly I can't believe that Tesla really wants much of that happening. I understand that Tesla has to maintain a policy once we're in a normal mode of delivery but this pricing has been a dogs breakfast from the get go. No production vehicles have been built yet so if they think they've finally figured out their Canadian pricing they should just roll it out across the board, remove any ill will and embarrassment from the crazy pricing rollercoaster, and avoid people cancelling and re-ordering. This would be perfect timing to harmonize all of the production orders to the new pricing structure and then once deliveries are rolling they can start managing the usual pricing/delivery policies. It's not like they would be losing any money - though I guess those of us who were fooled by the first pricing change will at least be contributing an extra $5,000 to the company profits, less whatever costs are involved in this process.
    Oh - VIN 7797
  • May 15, 2016
    Macgaver
    My DS told me that since I now have a VIN, I should soon see a delivery estimates in MyTesla

    Anyone see somethings? I am really looking forward to my early 2016 delivery
  • May 15, 2016
    SSD420
    My DS told me that he can see that my production start date is June 1st but I can't personally see anything. I have to take his word.
  • May 15, 2016
    Local host
  • May 15, 2016
    SSD420
    Gladly retweeted :)
  • May 15, 2016
    Duckjybe
    Pricing is still ridiculous and 36% above US prices. It is now more in line with the exchange rate + 6% duty but what ever happened to economies of scale and battery prices coming down? I am still disappointed after waiting so long for the X. Unfortunately the forecast is for a strengthening US dollar so we may not see more price drops from here.

    They should open a Tesla plant in Canada which would help reduce some of their costs by 30%.
  • May 15, 2016
    justdave
    Yes, mine says expected delivery date is June 6. Thanks. I didn't notice that date there.
  • May 15, 2016
    SMSMD
    It would be very upsetting if 100D is released soon. I have a strong suspicion that the price adjustment was made with that plan and not just currency conversion. I think red calipers will be available in the shop as well, same as for Model S. Elon is saying good things are coming for MODEL X.:confused:.
  • May 15, 2016
    SSD420
    June 6th delivery? Wow! That's amazing. Signature P90D?
  • May 15, 2016
    SSD420
    image.png I have no date in the document yet.

    I guess your documents have may updates eh?
  • May 15, 2016
    Zapped
    Ah yes, I see "expected delivery" June 11 . NVIS included in the docs.
    Time to get an insurance quote.
  • May 15, 2016
    SSD420
    Zapped is yours a Sig?
  • May 15, 2016
    Zapped
    Yes,
    Might find this interesting
    Model X May Deliveries
  • May 16, 2016
    SSD420
    I feel like I have to wait forever for my 90D.
  • May 16, 2016
    Zapped
    Don't feel bad. My wife has a counter on her iPhone and it's up to 965+- days since she ordered.
    If it's your first Tesla, the wait is much more difficult of course.
  • May 16, 2016
    Modelxancaster
    For those who are wondering. The new price on the 75d can be obtained during the 50% off switch to SAS , but then any upgrades must also use the new pricing. In my case because I would save $1050 on the Matte Obeche trim as well as $1750 on the SAS , my old order is still $1500 cheaper . I have not decided yet whether to get the SAS at 50% discount becuase I have not had a chance to test drive a Model X in the Toronto area yet.
  • May 16, 2016
    justdave
    Yes, with ludicrous.
  • May 16, 2016
    justdave
    Yes, I received a final document the other day that required a digital signature and that is where the date was on page 2.
  • May 16, 2016
    SSD420
    Yeah, it's my first. I'm getting used to Tesla's bad estimation of timelines.

    I just want it already! :D
  • May 16, 2016
    Jon
    Sweet. Care to share your VIN? It looks like the shorter delivery time to BC is significant compared to Montreal delivery estimate of June 30.

    Jon
  • May 16, 2016
    Martin VanB
    It seems we may be pleasantly surprised at the speed Tesla rolls out Sigs in Canada.
  • May 16, 2016
    SSD420
    I sure hope so... And then of course for the rest of the pre-orders!
  • May 16, 2016
    justdave
    Yes, my VIN is 2640, confirmed on Jan. 8
  • May 17, 2016
    Roadrunner13
    Some good news for you X Canadian reservation holders...

    upload_2016-5-17_17-2-31.png
  • May 17, 2016
    BBone
    Doc Leung and Roadrunner

    Does that mean early X production holders will get the new price drop? For me Vin 7767 on a regular X90D that would about 6K for price drop #2. Would be great if this is real! Would show great customer focus by TSLA :)
  • May 17, 2016
    Local host
    Excellent news! This is an $8000 price savings for me.
  • May 17, 2016
    SSD420
    Nice! That's almost $7k savings for me!! :)
  • May 18, 2016
    Duckjybe
    How do you know they won't raise current prices back up? ;)
  • May 18, 2016
    SSD420
    With my luck, you're probably right.
  • May 18, 2016
    SSD420
    Just spoke with my DS. (He called me about some emails I sent him).

    My 90D (vin 76XX) is Scheduled for production the week of the June 6th.

    Tesla is currently on point with their current plan with the Model X, supposedly.

    Earimated delivery for my MX is sometime in June or July. :D

    We touched on Musk's tweet and he assured me now that it was publicly tweeted by Musk himself, that we will see another Canadian price adjustment. But my DS couldn't tell me anymore details than that as he hasn't received direction from head office yet.
  • May 18, 2016
    Local host
    I have heard similar from my DS. My X will start production in 2 weeks with delivery at the end of June. I ordered my HPWC today...
  • May 18, 2016
    Jgdixon
    Once you lock in the price is locked in.
  • May 18, 2016
    SSD420
    You mean once you've sent in your digital signature? That makes sense to me
  • May 19, 2016
    Blackout
    Sorry guys I read couple comments but not all 18 pages lol,

    I reserved a model 3 and I'm trying to forecast what will happen in Canada in the event of a worst case scenario using your experiences with the model X

    So basically none of you have a Model X delivered yet in Canada is that correct? The signature orders are still pending and production of the regular X model hasn't started yet? Is that correct?
    Any one in the Gta area has an Eta for delivery?
  • May 19, 2016
    Jgdixon
    Believe me, if a Model X has been delivered in Canada I'm sure everyone would know by now.
  • May 19, 2016
    vandacca
    Also, I wouldn't base the Model-3 rollout out on the Model-X. The Model-X had a lot of significant delays, mostly due to it's complexity, which shouldn't exist with the Model-3. Also, the Model-3 is going to be a mass-produced vehicle, so that will entail other differences. Finally, there was a rumour that the initial Model-3 deliveries would be to Tesla employees, so that they can work out any initial production issues.
  • May 19, 2016
    Blackout
    I totally Agreed and to add to that Tesla wants to sell $ 2B in stocks to make sure it happens in time...but delivery system would mimic the Model X From West to East, and it might take some time before Canada East Coast get it. So yah that's why i'm interested in what's going on with the X right now...

    Also because I would love to see one in person, and was hoping you guys would plan a Model X Meet up were others interested can come see it too...
  • May 19, 2016
    phigment
    Also, keep in mind the 200K US deliveries cutoff for US tax credits. If Tesla decides to cap it to 199,999 deliveries to US by end of 2017, all additional deliveries will end up coming to Canada and Europe.
  • May 19, 2016
    SMSMD
    i thought I was going crazy...i see that all the prices for the Model X have gone down again...YES..Again.
    75D base 106,000/- ......90D base 121,900/ . Can some verify please.o_O
  • May 19, 2016
    global
    Yes, it showed 106,000 for 75D and 121,900 for 90D for in design studio. Nice
  • May 19, 2016
    SMSMD
    WOW.. Thanks..I think i understand Elon Musk's Tweet now..he kept his Thursday promise...
  • May 19, 2016
    SSD420
    My ETA for the GTA is roughly the end of June to the end of July. But we all know Tesla way to well now. That means nothing unfortunately.

    Eventually I'll have a Model X 90D In the GTA to show you. But by then you'll probably have seen a sig or P90D randomly during your travels.
  • May 19, 2016
    Blackout
    No I haven't seen the X at all...I heard there was couple of them in Canada in february or march used as a test drive car for people who purchased one...but I heard that in April it was too late...
  • May 19, 2016
    Modelxancaster
    The price may have changed for new customers but as of yet the base price on my order is still $114,200. Lets hope that changes by morning or there will be a lot of very upset customers.
  • May 19, 2016
    gpetti
    Agreed but I think the point of Musk's tweet was that existing orders would get this benefit. Maybe the additional price change came as part 1 of this, to make sure there are no more surprises when it is too late to pass it on to early reservations.
  • May 19, 2016
    Local host
    Most excellent. Could not be happier. I believe my config has decreased another +-7k.
  • May 19, 2016
    Local host
    Make that $7900!
  • May 19, 2016
    Martin VanB
    I am so happy for you guys! It's good to save a few dollars!
  • May 19, 2016
    BBone
    Also noticed on the Tesla pricing page that they are saying $12,000 as the ON, QC provincial incentive. I wasn't aware of anything new that would get us the bigger bump - anyone else know anything on this? Would be extra super duper-ry with the price drops ++ government incentives [Happy dance] o_O;):confused:
  • May 19, 2016
    vandacca
    Actually, for Ontario, I'm still seeing $3,000 for Provincial Incentives. I do see $12,000 for "Estimated gasoline savings over 5 years". Could you have crossed these two values?
  • May 19, 2016
    BBone
    Vandacca: you are correct there. I looked at the spot that usually has the provincial incentives, and only saw the $12,000 number. So I assumed that was the ON, QC incentive. I looked closer a second time and I now see that the $12,000 number is the estimated gas savings and no mention for me re $3000 provincial incentive. My bad on this one! Sorry to get everyone's hopes up (especially mine). Still a happy dance with the price drops even without any government incentive change.
  • May 19, 2016
    SSD420
    Only those with reservations were invited to that closed event.
    I enjoyed driving the MX. Thankfully so, because i confirmed my purchase before test driving it!
  • May 20, 2016
    Macgaver
    Anyone had confirmation from their DS that their X is now been built ?

    I know some were supposed to start this week, some next week (me all I know is "End of May"). I am just wondering if we know when it's really happening, without asking them !
  • May 20, 2016
    Martin VanB
    My DS ,Justin, was returning a message I left about trade in values and the first words he opened with, was that my car was in the paint section.

    I was pretty stoked.

    I have to say my DS Justin Minns and all the Tesla people I have spoken too have been pretty enthusiastic and as a small business owner I am impressed with this team of young people.

    Kudos to whoever is doing the hiring in Toronto because this crew is solid.
  • May 20, 2016
    Macgaver
    Too bad I sold my car myself... I will ask to trade my other car just to get that kind of great news:)
  • May 20, 2016
    SSD420
    Yes I like Justin Minns. He has been mostly great. He is a bit slow at responding to emails, but he does eventually.
    Spoke to Justin a couple of days ago.
  • May 20, 2016
    SSD420
    Good that you sold it yourself. Tesla gives you almost pennies on the dollar for your trade ins. I didn't want to have to sell my car privately, as I don't have the time. They offered me nearly � of the lowest I was willing to go, which already was more than 1/3 less than I could get privately.

    My DS warned me in advance not to get my hopes up, but the $ offered was insulting.
  • May 20, 2016
    Jgdixon
    I wasn't at all happy with the value they offered for my Sig 18 months ago and ended up selling it in the states.
    This time I am quite happy with what they offered on my P85D. The price increases probably helped lol.
    Don't think they will ever be competitive with non Tesla trades
  • May 20, 2016
    SSD420
    How old was the P85D that you traded in?
  • May 20, 2016
    Jgdixon
    Haven't traded it yet, waiting for my Sig X. They gave me a value on my S a few weeks ago. They only honour it for 7 days so I'm sure it will be adjusted when I actually do the transaction. Hopefully not too much!
  • May 20, 2016
    SSD420
    It's too bad none of us will have an X to show off on Wedneday. Are you expecting your MX in June?
  • May 20, 2016
    Local host
    Has anyone had their price adjusted in My Tesla? My price was lowered to the first price reduction, but not the most recent. It was lowered $8000 but still shows an $8000 increase from the design studio.
  • May 20, 2016
    Jgdixon
    Yes June, but no update recently.
  • May 20, 2016
    gpetti
    Check again. Looks like all price decreases are now reflected in my design. This process was pretty annoying and I wrote an email to J MacNeil along with several phone calls and other emails. I'm extremely happy with the end result and I think the X is finally at a price that I'm not embarrassed to tell potential buyers. I just wish it had been less painful to get there. Just think, last week we were being told to cancel our deposits to get partial savings. I wonder if anyone did? As it is, I did an order change for 500 that I wouldn't have otherwise bothered with.
  • May 20, 2016
    Blackout
    You guys are strong... Really loyal warriors Seriously... I don't know how you guys can wait for soo long...with all these up and down moments... I don't know why but I feel excited for you guys because it feels like June might be the month for the first deliveries in Canada...
    I'm only waiting for a month and I'm already find it so hard... Can't imagine being in your place... But hey let's think of it this way you guys will appreciate the car even more because you'll remember what it too to get there...
    Enjoy it people and have a party lol invite others too lol
  • May 21, 2016
    SSD420
    It's funny how it all works out. Maybe had I seen these current prices when I locked in my confirmation back in early March, I may have opted for the Performance option. In fact, I'm pretty sure I would have. In the end, I chose the 90D as the cost difference at the time was just too substantial for me swallow.

    No matter what I know I'll enjoy my Model X with no regrets. But this waiting game is surely going to kill me!!!
  • May 21, 2016
    Local host
    Unfortunately not. It still shows the higher price and my order agreement still reflects the March pricing.
  • May 21, 2016
    SSD420
    Really? Mine changed.
  • May 21, 2016
    gpetti
    Sorry to hear that. Your order is in a more advanced state so maybe it will take longer to adjust. I would keep checking. Mine only changed to the most recent pricing last night.
  • May 23, 2016
    HappyEV
    I'm from Montreal.
    I confirmed my 90D (6 seater, non PUP) on April 29th.
    Contacted my DS last week, he expects an end of July delivery.
    No VIN yet. Is that normal? I only have an Order Number.
    Btw, my price got ajusted on the design sheet, but not on my order agreement. Will make sure the price will be right when i get to the final stages.
  • May 23, 2016
    Macgaver
    Yes normal. The VIN is around 6w before delivery.

    I am also from Montreal, Deux-Montagnes to be precise,can't wait to have it !
  • May 23, 2016
    Modelxancaster
    The new price book is definitely in effect. My model 75D was confirmed by HQ phone rep at base $106 K CDN. Note that if you had Matte Obeche originally as a free option it remains a free option. Under any other scenario it is $1050. I must admit I'm lucky on those two options as my overall price with options drops by an extra $1750 for SAS + $1050 for Matte Obeche. I debated long and hard over the SAS but in the end took the discount offer. My biggest reason was to enable the towing package which could prove very useful and also help resale value to the many buyers who want towing ability, bikes, snowboards, skis etc.

    The delivery for 75D with SAS is now slated for August. July is no longer being talked about .
  • May 23, 2016
    Martin VanB
    It looks like things are coming together for Model X deliveries to Canada!

    To quote a childhod television show, "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • May 23, 2016
    B8BB8B
    Well, threw an order in at Chinook mall today.... P90D full load - delivery for July?

    I won't be excited till it shows up on my driveway.
  • May 23, 2016
    gpetti
    I just realized that my order agreement hasn't changed either - just the design document.
    I have a VIN already (for a week or so) but I confirmed about 20 days earlier than you.
  • May 24, 2016
    HappyEV
    just received an email from Tesla that they're sending a new order agreement to reflect the new pricing.
    Yay!
  • May 24, 2016
    SSD420
    Did everyone in Canada just get this?
  • May 24, 2016
    SMSMD
    YEP.. Same one posted in the other thread.. "Canadian price increase imminent`" by yamanote
  • May 24, 2016
    gpetti
    Can't speak for everyone else in Canada ;-) but I did!
  • May 24, 2016
    SMSMD
    Also posted in TM forum
  • May 25, 2016
    Macgaver
    FYI - I just had a message from my DS, my X will start been build somewhere next week ...

    Hummm .. not sure how I could get it by end of June :-(
  • May 25, 2016
    Martin VanB
    I think with the end of quarter coinciding with the end of June, Tesla is really pushing hard to deliver as many Model X vehicles as possible. While the timelines will be tight I am hopeful for all of us that signature deliveries will be fulfilled in June.

    Here's Hoping!
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét