Thứ Tư, 23 tháng 11, 2016

Model X May Deliveries part 4

  • May 6, 2016
    XFANG
    but i did has the xm radio capability.
  • May 6, 2016
    XFANG
    by the way?the ds told me that the quick phone dock is available for purchasing in service center and very easy to install.
  • May 7, 2016
    Diavel

    Bump on this post for non-pup. Curious if it's just Software or if the filter is on there.
  • May 7, 2016
    Diavel
    Has anyone received a fixed spoiler yet? I'm sure there are wrote a few of us curious to see what it looks like.
  • May 7, 2016
    Vizir
    how would i go about this. my alliant finance has been approved and my contact at alliant is ready to send the check out to tesla. i also don't want to lose the 30 day approval and have to ding my credit again to get a re-approval.
  • May 7, 2016
    sflecarfan
    purchase.
  • May 7, 2016
    X Fan
    Congrats on vehicle....I'm sure your family will enjoy the X.

    Does your bioweapon work when selected.? I believe someone posted that cars were being shipped with software but didn't know if it actually was enabled.
  • May 7, 2016
    Jeff Andrews
    How do you know if it's actually working? Can you look for the filter instead?
  • May 7, 2016
    XFANG
    bio weapon is enabled and i checked the frunk and didnt find the big filter under the plastic.
  • May 7, 2016
    WilliamZ
    Mr.Fang, that will do, too.
  • May 7, 2016
    Jdcleary
    What was your sequence number?
  • May 7, 2016
    X Fan
    Thx....I wonder if big filter will be an option / field installable in the future....
  • May 7, 2016
    MattXowner
    48xx sent to me on 3/11
  • May 7, 2016
    sflecarfan
    Those currently driving their X please answer me this: does the air/fan automatically kick on full blast when someone is sitting in the second row and then you have to adjust it on the screen? (this applies to the perforated seats)
    Trying to see if this is normal or a glitch.
  • May 7, 2016
    systemcrashed
    Might want to check if rear A/C is turned on... There's a setting to turn it off.
  • May 7, 2016
    akordz
    This will give me hope! I'm 2907 and was also told end March/early April. DS even had me get financing squared away as of 3/26 or so. Last ds contact was about a week ago when I was told my car was in final inspection. Here's to hoping its ready in a week or two.
  • May 7, 2016
    sflecarfan
    @systemcrashed thanks, it is turned on, but I want it on. Seems there is no way to keep it on but keep it from going on full blast other than turning fan all the way down each time. Minor problem. But annoying.
  • May 7, 2016
    mikevbf
    Congrats! Would you please share some pictures of your non pup black leather seats? It is the only Model X seat option I have not seen pictures of yet.
  • May 7, 2016
    mikevbf
    Xfang it looks like you have the nonPUP black leather as well. Would share some pics of the seats please.
  • May 7, 2016
    Cloc
    Did I interpret correctly... The bioweapon button is in the nonPUP just not the filter. I haven't been able to check my frunk since I had to leave it at SC for imperfection fixes.
  • May 7, 2016
    XFANG
    shpuld be ready anytime. get your check ready ??
  • May 7, 2016
    XFANG
    not sure how the filter looks like. it will be great if someone with pup posts a filter pic
  • May 7, 2016
    XFANG
    yes non pup with black leather and light headline. pics will come soon
  • May 7, 2016
    XFANG
    non pup with black leather interior?looks good to me.
  • May 7, 2016
    VABarb
    the best I could do.....;)
  • May 7, 2016
    mikevbf
    Thank you very much. That was really helpful. Would you please also take a picture or 2 of the second row?
  • May 7, 2016
    goneskiian
    These are not the sunshades you're looking for. :p:cool:;)

    @VABarb - Those are sun visors. The sun shade @K-MTG is looking for installs between those and the pillar up behind your head.
  • May 7, 2016
    Scrith
    Finally picked up VIN 18xx in Palo Alto today. Just a few minor problems (all noted on the delivery report):

    1. Very small ding near front of passenger door. The delivery person was surprised he hadn't noticed it.
    2. Very slight vertical misalignment of rear spoiler on one side.
    3. Very minor scuff on wood on inside of driver door.
    4. They had washed it, of course, but based on the slight accumulation of dust and dirt in the outside seams I got the impression it had been sitting outside for awhile (probably at the factory while waiting for a rear seat replacement).

    Positives:
    1. I love the figured ash wood with black leather interior...a bit darker than I thought it would be, which looks great.
    2. Spoiler retracts once the car powers down.
    3. The delivery person said sunshades weren't ready yet when I asked, but said they should be available soon.
    4. They genuinely seemed disappointed that I recently switched to a lease (a decision I made a few days ago after hearing so many delivery and reliability issues, which had me worried about resale value of early VIN numbers) and hoped I'd decide to keep it at some point (which is always an option during or after the lease, although I'm not sure about the financial details).
    5. The windshield is absolutely fantastic, and I didn't notice any ghosting issues.
    6. The stereo (upgraded version) sounds fantastic with my 512GB USB stick filled with FLAC files.
    7. The car seems very quiet (even on freeway), based on my experience owning two other electric vehicles (LEAF and B-Class).

    My delivery was switched from factory to Palo Alto at the last minute (they had a slot available sooner), but I was able to book a factory tour for Monday on short notice, so I guess it all works out for the best (I got the car sooner but will soon go on a tour).
  • May 7, 2016
    Scrith
    Addendum: the car seems to pull slightly to the right at freeway speeds. I'll check tire pressures tomorrow and mention it for the first service appointment if that isn't the reason...it's very minor, though.
  • May 8, 2016
    VABarb
    Thx for the clarification... I'm spending too much time on this site... since it's the next best thing to having my X.....living vicariously thru others that have theirs and post pics...plus It helps to know I'm not alone waiting for my X..:)
  • May 8, 2016
    Meliman
    90D VIN 26xx picked up at Centinela service center in LA yesterday. Config is midnight blue, 7 seat tan leather, high fidelity sound, auto pilot, 48 amp, accessory hitch, 20 inch silver wheels. No PUP. Awesome delivery experience - very smooth! As far as I can tell car is flawless (though since it was built before April 29th, which was officially the first flawless one, there must be at least one flaw right :) ?). I am leasing the vehicle from Tesla, so it is possible I am not being quite as picky with paint/fit/finish as I might be if I were purchasing it, but still I don't see anything at all. In response to some questions I've seen here:
    1. No sunshade! But even on a sunny LA day with sun towards the top 3rd of the windshield yesterday it was very comfortable to drive - no glare - and I had even forgotten to bring my sunglasses from my old car. They told me by the time of first checkup 1 year from now they should be available... Haven't noticed any ghosting but it has only been 1 day
    2. Accessory hitch came with car - in the trunk. It is just the hitch - no wires that would go with the tow package and there is no towing package in the settings. They told me I can bring it in to service center any time to have it installed
    3. There is bioweapon defense mode in climate control settings. When chosen the fan speed goes to 11. Not sure if there is actually a high-grade HEPA filter somewhere in the vehicle. Does anybody know where to look?
    4. Spoiler is active - up when car powered on and down when locked. Not sure if it moves when traveling above 45 mph - hard to look back there (and to be honest I don't really care if it does or doesn't)
    5. Agree with many that the rear view is very poor. Helps to have the 3rd row seats folded or at least the head rests down
    6. No door problems. Both front doors are powered and do everything except auto-present when approaching the vehicle (ie open and close automatically with pressing door handle or touchscreen, driver door closes automatically when brake pressed). FWDs operate perfectly so far
    7. sound is amazing. I have yet to search for the 17 speakers but will get to that. XM is available (have to activate it still)
    8. As has been noted by everybody who has received their X the ride and driving experience are amazing. Almost indescribably so.

    I'm thinking they've really got the build quality where it needs to be based on my experience thus far. Couldn't be any happier with my car and experience :)

    Oh and I got a Tesla pen, coffee mug and umbrella as gifts to boot - yay!!!
  • May 8, 2016
    jason1466
    Congratulations, glad to hear such a positive initial review. If not too much trouble, could you please post a picture of the hitch adapter you have. Glad to hear they actually have them at delivery now, but there is still a lot of misinformation regarding tongue weight capacity which should be listed on the hitch adapter you have. Thanks.
  • May 8, 2016
    systemcrashed
    Congrats! Glad to hear experience was optimal!

    With the frunk open, there's a plastic panel between the well and the windshield, it is held in by friction clips, if you can lift it off that panel, filter will be found underneath. Others who had the BWD mode enabled in the software but do not have PUP have stated there was no Hepa filter found.


    I can't wait for that umbrella!
  • May 8, 2016
    Cloc
    Can someone with the hepa filter behind well take a pic and post?
  • May 8, 2016
    Meliman
    @jason1466 - Here is a pic of the hitch with a closeup of the specs. Hope this helps!
  • May 8, 2016
    goneskiian
  • May 9, 2016
    vandacca
    For those visual learners that don't want to open the manual...
  • May 9, 2016
    NovemberXray
    Definitely be good to double check with the SC, however FWIW, I know both Audi and BMW will pull very slightly to the right by design. My understanding is that it's a safety thing (so presumably in left hand drive countries they pull the other way) so that if you're inattentive or doze off the car will be less likely to drift into oncoming traffic.
  • May 9, 2016
    MattXowner
    Was at Scottsdale, AZ service center today spying a little. They had 7 Xs there. VINs in the low to amid 4000s on the ones I could see with 1 signature <1000.

    All had 6 or 7 seat configurations, one of the 90d had an active spoiler one was fixed (or just in the up position, but car was off).

    Some had Premium others did not.

    Heard from the sales team that production is back up to full capacity, quality issues resolved and new orders are being quoted 6-8 weeks for delivery.

    Not sure how they got through all the preorders or if most people (40k, right?) cancelled.
  • May 9, 2016
    Saxena
    Woohoo! Just got the call, delivery scheduled for this Friday in Seattle. Blue, white interior, 6 seats, CF, standard wheels, all the options except towing package.
  • May 9, 2016
    Pjjava34
    Congrats! I'm wondering, did you get updates through your production process or was it just this recent call telling you a delivery date?
    When did it complete production?
  • May 9, 2016
    PeterB
    40xx has arrived in Seattle after 3 weeks in QC at the factory - hoping to deliver this week if QC process goes smoothly. Also saw a 3k vin that had just arrived as well as 63xx.
  • May 9, 2016
    Saxena
    We received a few updates from our DS when we would inquire on the status during the last several weeks. We knew it was in production queue 3/7 (MyTesla page), beginning production (around 4/25 per DS inquiry), and ready to ship on 5/6 . MyTesla page used to say 'April/Early May', then disappeared like most everyone else, and no updates since then on MyTesla.
  • May 9, 2016
    Saxena
    The 3k VIN is probably ours - #3248. Was it blue with white interior?
  • May 9, 2016
    PeterB
    I think it was a P90DL, and yes, seems like white interior. Was parked in the front of the lot.
  • May 9, 2016
    Saxena
    Cool, ours is P90DL :cool:
  • May 9, 2016
    MattXowner
    Awesome. Congrats. What was your VIN. When did it go into production? Did your website update or DS inform you along the way?
  • May 9, 2016
    Saxena
    Updated signature to include info now. VIN #3248, See reply above regarding DS updates.
  • May 9, 2016
    niftyality
    VIN 40xx had a delivery window of late-April early-May, and it delivered May 5, so pretty accurate.
    No sunshade, but he said that it would be mailed to us whenever it was available. As well as a cargo cover. Looked over the whole car and only found a more noticeable gap in the seal above the driver side window that we could see into the door frame.
  • May 9, 2016
    goneskiian
    Woohoo! Congrats Saxena!
  • May 9, 2016
    Saxena
    Thanks goneskiian, will be fun to meet up with our Xs!
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    Wow VIN's in the 6k range
  • May 9, 2016
    X Fan
    Congrats and good luck! It seems they produced a bunch of blue.white combo lately....picking mine up tomorrow.
  • May 9, 2016
    Beene41
    MA Delivery scheduled for Wednesday 5/11 for P90DL VIN 101x - everything but tow package.
  • May 9, 2016
    daboys2007
    Picked up our X from the Fremont Factory on Saturday, May 7th at 9AM and wanted to share some of my observations (sorry for not posting sooner but it's been a crazy couple of days):

    1. There were about 7 other Tesla's (practically all Xs except for 1 S) being delivered, so the showroom was maxed out.

    2. Prior to the tour, we completed the paperwork portion, which was really fast and like 10 minutes. We signed a few forms and then made payment with a personal check. Providing payment was not the same as "Accepting Delivery", so we felt comfortable paying and knowing we would still have an opportunity to fully inspect it before final signoff.

    3. Then we went on the Tour, which takes a full hour. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and it was amazing to see the insides of the factory, which spans over 80 football fields. The amount of activity was just insane and so many workers were present too. Quick sidebar story: My 12-year son made it a point to smile big and wave ridiculously to every Tesla employee whom he made eye contact with. I was very impressed that all of them took a few seconds to actually wave back to him!

    4. After the tour, we took about another 30 minutes looking over the vehicle and we noted only 2 items for the due bill. I had brought a copy of the delivery checklist, but I had reviewed it beforehand, so I did not go through it line by line. Overall, the build looked great the Delivery employee that day (Alex) was very patient throughout our inspection. In fact, as we pointed out some areas with visible adhesives, he quickly pulled out a spray bottle and cloth to clean those areas off.

    5. Once we felt comfortable, we did Accept Delivery and then we did a quick drive with Alex to go over the AP and Nav features.

    6. While we only got the 90D, the acceleration was phenomenal and the handling was great. We were all thoroughly impressed and that was even before the AP. Once I engaged it on the freeway, it was nerve-racking, but within a minute, it was clear that the car was in total control. I just kept thinking, this AP feature is freaking amazing!

    7. After the test drive, we dropped off Alex back at the Factory where he quickly showed us how to use a Supercharger, then we were on our way home.

    8. As far as other items to note for the due bill: The Sunshade still has not been finalized. Apparently, only a prototype was issued previously, but all owners will be notified when those become available.

    9. For the Pre-Paid Service plans, the pricing has not been finalized either. Until owners are notified, Alex stated that Tesla is waiving the 60 day requirement. Can�t select what�s not there right?

    10. We selected the Light Headliner with our Config because we didn�t want everything to be too dark (Black exterior, black leather seats, etc). This is one thing I would quickly change because as soon as I touched the sunscreen visor, I left fingermarks on the light colored textile material.

    11. We are now experiencing X withdrawal as we�ve already dropped off our car with Master Detailer Joe Torbati for an Xpel application and CQuartz treatment. He will also do what he can to help protect the interior from more dirty fingerprints too.

    Here are some quick pics of our XMOBILE and feel free to shoot me a question as the delivery experience is still fresh in my mind.

    Lastly, I wanted to say thanks to all the great info other members have shared. This overall experience has required extreme patience, but it�s gone a lot better with folks sharing their thoughts and observations too. Here�s hoping others waiting for their Xs won�t have to wait much longer.

    Tesla Pickup_05-07-2016.JPG IMG_4340.JPG IMG_4341.JPG
  • May 9, 2016
    Saxena
    Thanks and congrats to you too! Lots of Tesla grins will be seen on the roads :cool:
  • May 9, 2016
    systemcrashed
    Can you recall if the 6300 vin was a P90D or just 90D? Very surprised to hear that high of a vin readied for delivery. I believe that is the highest seen on TMC.
  • May 9, 2016
    Pjjava34
    Interesting. Our 90D entered production on 4/14 and at last check last week it still showed in "end of line" at production.
    Nothing from DS yet about completion and transit to ATL.
    I'm waiting until Wednesday for my weekly call to see where we stand.
  • May 9, 2016
    Beeloid
    90D entered production about 4/19. Delivered to Seattle last Thursday, passed QC today. Off for wrap tomorrow. Pickup next Monday.
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    Congrats! What was your VIN?

    Also, did you get a sunshade for the panoramic windshield? Is the tint effective?
  • May 9, 2016
    daboys2007
    Thanks! My vin is 22xx.

    No go on the sunshade - see my number 8 on my previous post.

    As for the tint, the day & 1/2 I had the car was overcast, so it was really hard to tell. I will get a better sense when my car is returned this weekend and I have to take a 2-hr drive out to UC Merced.
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    Good Luck! Thanks for the feedback
  • May 9, 2016
    mikevbf
    When you get it back from the detailer would you mind taking a picture of your second row non pup black leather seats. It would help me decide if I am going to switch to leather from textile or not. Thanks
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    I am disappointed with my X status, I was told mid-May until Friday of last week and was given the "okay" to have my bank send a check to Tesla for financing. I was told to expect delivery this week and that my X entered production first week of May. Now I am told late-May, this is the 3rd delay! It went from mid-April to end of April to early-May to mid-May to late-May. I called six times for a status update today, on the 7th call (from a different number) my call was immediately answered and I was told to expect "late-May".

    At this point I am extremely disappointed, I paid extra to end my lease for my MDX early (last month) and now I am stuck without an SUV and it has become a hassle to coordinate our schedule with a missing vehicle.

    I am sorry for those of you in the same situation (or worse) as me. I am not just disappointed because of the delay, I am disappointed at the false promises that Tesla is keep on making.

    Is this the Tesla service? I never had such a poor purchasing experience with anything.
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    I just received an automated email to pay for my X, I paid over a month ago. Not sure if it is progress or not
  • May 9, 2016
    Darmok
    327x came home today. 90D.
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    One word for you....Sunshade?
  • May 9, 2016
    ohmman
    Tesla definitely shot themselves in the foot with the upgrade offer. I do think they intended fully to deliver the upgraded vehicles earlier. Then the quarter end vehicles, like mine, came out with many issues to be handled by the SCs. Continuing to build at that quality is an unfair burden on both the Service Centers and the customers who have to wait for their cars. I'll be without mine for over two weeks once I get it back.

    Things happen. However, a more mature company might communicate this with their customers in a clear and apologetic fashion. I'm guessing if you got a phone call explaining the delay, followed by regular updates on progress, that you'd be much less upset. That's how Tesla should be handling this. They have staff to call and upsell customers, so there is no excuse not to utilize the same staff to call and apologize/explain the missed promises.
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    Exactly, they don't call me when my X gets delayed instead I have to make futile attempts calling or emailing hoping that I would get a status update. Like I mention earlier, they assured me delivery for this week so I got everything ready and I decided to check again but instead they tell me it is delayed further.

    Do they assume that it would be better for buyers to forget their ETA and wait without a question? I can do that with a $10 Amazon order but I can't do that with $100k+ car especially since I never sat inside a Tesla (ever) before.
  • May 9, 2016
    ohmman
    Amazon gives me a free month of Prime if my order doesn't arrive one day later than the estimated timeframe.
  • May 9, 2016
    SoccerMan94043
    I'm curious, for those that paid for the X before delivery... why? Was there some bargain with Tesla or did they just ask and received?
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    Yup, Amazon has amazing CS. Tesla refused to give me anything when I asked for a compensation. I would be happy if they through in the all weather floor matts into the due bill or the chademo adapter or even provide me the 72 amp upgrade since it is just software.
  • May 9, 2016
    MikeL
    Poised to debit $100k from our acct to my Tesla, finger on button, my wife said, " let's do $1,000, see if it goes through,". That's where it stands today. I guess we'll bring a check to delivery.
  • May 9, 2016
    WilliamZ
    DS called late afternoon. Set possible delivery date as this Saturday. The car was in production last week and already been wrapped up for shipping. It takes a day to ship here and follow by QC inspection.
  • May 9, 2016
    Monkey
    I'm sure if you asked, Tesla would give you all the gas you'll ever need to drive the car. ;)
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    Nice! Congrats, finally!!!
  • May 9, 2016
    WilliamZ
    Oh man, Fingers crossed! Thanks! Any news on yours?
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    Yup, not good news: Model X May Deliveries
  • May 10, 2016
    n88
    Is the delay from production timing or from post production/delivery?
    FWIW our VINs issued same day and my info is still showing X to be "manufactured" (their word) mid May which should be 10th to the 20th.
  • May 10, 2016
    vandacca
    Those sunshades are really complex to make, I'm sure it's holding up the whole vehicle. I heard Elon interviewed that they were the most complex sunshades ever built and probably never should have been built. But Tesla will probably compensate you for the delays. They'll probably give you 4 years free LTE.
  • May 10, 2016
    Darmok
    Nope. It's on the due bill.
  • May 10, 2016
    gjunky
    @K-MTG: I thought it was funny for a while to ask about the Sunshade on every single delivery comment but we now know that it is not being delivered and on everyone's Due Bill. I am looking forward to having a sunshade option as well (living in AZ) but I will ask my DS for it (and will keep asking). Once I get it, I will post a message to the effect here (and even some pictures). I am sure other people will as well.

    Until people are actually getting them sent to them, can we please stop asking?
    Thank you.
  • May 10, 2016
    MrE8
    Today is FINALLY here! I feel like I'm overly excited!

    This Model X is gonna by my first car over 22k (only had 1 car before this, mini cooper for 10+ years lol)

    Never test drove a Tesla, my decisions have been based off these forums, Youtube and Reddit. I'm pretty confident all these people can't be wrong about how great of a car it is. Call me a fool, I definitely would, but I got sucked in by the hype.

    Wish me luck for a flawless delivery! @4PM Fremont factory delivery.
  • May 10, 2016
    gjunky
    Quite the leap of faith. Luckily you are not the only one. You won't be disappointed. Congrats.
  • May 10, 2016
    K-MTG
    I will ask, they didn't specify.

    Since most people are answering this question on their own, I suppose I can limit my sunshade comments temporarily (it will be a struggle) :)
  • May 10, 2016
    daboys2007
    Mike, Sure thing - will do!
  • May 10, 2016
    daboys2007
    Not to say that it's an exact progression of steps, but right after I got off the phone from my DS where we scheduled a pickup time, that's when I received the email from Tesla ([email�protected]) with the subject line: "Paying for your Tesla".
  • May 10, 2016
    K-MTG
    So I guess it could possibly be good news
  • May 10, 2016
    MyModelX
    Just got a call from my DS with the good news that my car is ready. Took the first available slot of Friday 9am. My VIN is 29xx Midnight Silver 90D non-Premium with Autopilot and Towing. Factory Pickup.
  • May 10, 2016
    digicool
    After reading some people paying the full amount and still waiting for their car, I made it a point and even confirmed it with my lender that they would in-fact send the cashiers check directly to me so I can hand that off to Tesla "when" I am satisfied with taking delivery of the car.

    My last Fridays update (my routine Friday calls to Tesla for status check) was to expect delivery around 3rd week of May. I am hoping this happens because I am planning to do a roadtrip for the Memorial day weekend.
  • May 10, 2016
    SueLB
    Scheduled to pick up my Model X 90D Titanium Metallic, Tan Leather, Ash Wood D�cor, non-Premium 6 seat with Autopilot and Acessory Hitch. Pickup scheduled on May 13 Friday 1pm PDT. My VIN is 25xx and pickup is at Costa Mesa, CA.
  • May 10, 2016
    Colby Boles
    I'm right there with you on these feelings. I'm not sure if it is better or worse, but my DS won't ever even indicate when the car will be done other than vague terms like "soon" or "imminently" any more after missing several dates. First it was late February, then March, then April, now no dates at all.
  • May 10, 2016
    akordz
    I too just scheduled my 2907 pick up for Saturday factory pickup. Blue, no premium, autopilot, towing, tan. So excited!
  • May 10, 2016
    mikevbf
    Congratulations! What seats did you order?
  • May 10, 2016
    X Fan
    IMG_3056.JPG Picked up today.....

    Fit and Finish: flawless except.....
    Road Noise: Passenger side generating significant air sound/road noise. Couldn't hear a phone conversation properly traveling at 78mph...have an appt. with SC to "fix"
    Road Visibility: With 6 seater and third row down, view is very good., even with small rear view mirror. FWIW: anyone with a 6 seater should not have issues with visibility
    AP: Amazing...mostly straight route but it handled curves very easily. Change of lanes are definitely "softer" when using comfort mode. Note to self: comfort on highway, sport around town (although didn't really notice much difference between standard & sport)
    Windshield: My niece felt she was riding in a train....Amazing view & offers sun protection but I have concluded that under intense South Florida & North Carolina summer sun (90+ degree day traveling on I-75, Alligator Alley), I will need to add film.
    AC: Have white seats, cabin cooled off easily and stayed cool even in range mode. Advisor left rear AC on higher level 8 <real noisy>, and after about 20 minutes I finally figured it out. Shut it off and much quieter.
    Sound: Have Premium sound. Slacker: Played a Sinatra/Basie song....sound quality was simply outstanding. FLAC: heard some static on some sets...not sure if my USB device or vehicle....further investigation required.
    Front & Falcon Wing Doors: close easily....knock on wood, no issues except for probably seal issue
    Third Row Seats: very easy to operate.

    Based on forum recent reviews, yesterday, I decided to change from lease to purchase. Dania Beach Delivery team wonderful and seamlessly/quickly changed docs.

    So.....if I can just get the noise/whistling fixed all is good......wrap and nano treatment this week.

    AND.....to confirm, negative on sun shade....wasn't even put on my bill by advisor because it's assumed that everyone is missing one and will get one.
  • May 10, 2016
    trmmcd
    Got the call today! Car is scheduled to arrive at the SC on Friday and my pickup is scheduled for Tuesday 5/17. I asked about SC QC - but they said with improved build quality there is very little for them to do. I do plan to look at alignment very closely.
  • May 10, 2016
    efusco
    4035 has arrived at KC Service Center, predelivery inspection showed a small pain scratch and they took it directly to the body shop for repair, but all else looks good, proper door function, no leaks, etc. We are on target for delivery to our home in Nixa on Thursday!
  • May 10, 2016
    ModelS8794
    Oooh, jealous...

    By chance, did you receive any communication when they first loaded your car up for transportation away from the West Coast? If so, what was that date, and did they specify truck or rail?

    I entered production April 5th but was in some extended delay (Musk and his sleeping bag were surely involved :confused::p) and was told my car is on a train, loaded up ~May 5th with a May 30 ETA. I'm wondering if that's just very conservative with a buffer for issues at SC QA, or if that's the actual rail travel time.
  • May 10, 2016
    X Fan
    btw: Sunpass worked fine....located it just under rear view mirror (mirror obscures pass too).......
  • May 10, 2016
    K-MTG
    For a second I thought you wrote "sunshade". I wonder if fast track would work, my dash cam will be placed behind the mirror so I will have to try out new places.
  • May 10, 2016
    MikeL
    Tomorrow morning 9AM
  • May 10, 2016
    ccutrer
    Congrats MikeL. Are you picking up at the store, or the new service center? Since the "lock down" on MyTesla, it's showing delivery to my house, but view source shows the address of the new service center.
  • May 10, 2016
    MikeL
    Deliveries all happen at the store on State St. When I first confirmed many months ago, it said home delivery like the old days, but changed in a few days to pick up at the store.
  • May 10, 2016
    trmmcd
    @ModelS8794

    Communication with the DS has been sporadic. Very little info about means of transport and timing. I think a bunch of cars are making their way to Boston and I am fortunate to be part of that shipment. I gave up trying to follow this too closely since we clearly can't affect he outcome. I probably pinged my DS once a month and I usually got good info so I had some sense of progress.
  • May 10, 2016
    BrettH
    I got the call today that my X arrived in Denver, and it's ready to be picked up later this week! It sounds like the prep work at the Service Centers is a lot shorter now. I think they finally have most of the kinks worked out at the factory.
  • May 11, 2016
    TeLD
    What's your VIN? I live in the Denver area and my X, VIN 32xx, which was to be delivered mid-April has seemingly disappeared into a "black hole" (even though I ordered a blue one).
  • May 11, 2016
    BuddysX
    Well, Buddy got his X on Monday and I'm finally getting around to posting as we have been enjoying it so much. I was VIN 26xx, 90D , Titanium i Tan, figured ash, NonPUP , Black headliner. Delivery was smooth at Costa Mesa and CJ did a great job. We spent about a half hour inspecting the car and then paid with a check. We found no problems whatsoever and as far as I can tell the car is flawless and is a masterpiece of design and engineering. It has surpassed our expectations and I can't imagine ever buying a ICE again. Now my wife wants a Tesla too. If someone wants my impressions in more detail , I would be happy to provide , but I think most has been covered on the forum. I would like to thank all the SuperPosters, you know who you are, who have tirelessly kept us all up-to-date with some very skilled analysis of the few-and-far between facts and have helped me make informed desicions and have entertained us in the process. See you all on the road.
  • May 11, 2016
    cuse44
    Finally getting around to posting about my delivery. Took delivery last Thursday of my X, P90D. All options but ludicrous, cold weather and towing. My wife and I were at a wedding this weekend, so I didn't really drive it until yesterday. Overall, the driving experience is great. I love autopilot (while it does take a bit to get used to since my S didn't have it). I feel that the car handles a bit better than my S, and hugs the road the same as the S does for being a much larger and higher vehicle. The seats are much more comfortable than my first gen S seats.

    First off, the delivery experience was quick and efficient. We previously had a non AP Model S, so the delivery team went over everything that was different between the X and my S, but did not cover everything. No bow on the car as some people have had, but I did receive a bag of goodies from Tesla for being a repeat customer (coffee mug, umbrella, pen, and lapel pin). Nothing crazy, but the gesture was definitely appreciated. I went through the delivery checklist while there, and did not notice any real issues upon taking delivery (I did notice a few after driving it home and upon my return from vacation). Once we got back from the wedding, I emailed my delivery specialist (who has been great - his name is Jared from the Dallas Team). He responded promptly that he would forward on to the service center to set up an appointment. (which I am still waiting on).

    Here are the issues I have noticed so far (will post an update once the car goes in for the service appointment). To me, all of these are very minor (sans windshield halo effect) and should be able to be corrected during the visit.

    • Windshield
    • I am experiencing the double vision/halo effect that others have experienced. I didn't notice this until Thursday evening when I was out running an errand. But it is noticeable. However, last night, we had some stormy weather in DFW, I again noticed the halo effect while driving home from work. However, I put my sunglasses on as I was still getting a glare from where the sun was shining through the clouds, and this appeared to fix the issue. Now, I do have polarized sunglasses, so I assume that has something to do with it. Here are two photos which hopefully show the difference. The first, you can see the double vision with the headlights of the cars. The second is taking with my polarized sunglasses between the camera and the windshield. While blurry, you don't see the halo/double vision effect as the first. ?
    • Doors
    • On the passenger side, there seems to be a misalignment between the front passenger door and the FWD (noticeable at the lower window trim level - it could be just the trim and not the door).?
    • On the driver side door, there seems to be a body panel misalignment at the top of the driver's door and the falcon wing door. The driver's door sticks up higher than the falcon wing door.?
    • On the drivers side falcon wing door, when closed, if you look from behind the car, the falcon wing door appears to protrude out further than the drivers side door (as if it is not fully closed). The passenger side appears to be much more flush.?
    • Where the bottom of the glass meets the inside of the passenger falcon wing door, there appears to be a slight depression in the molding.?
    • Trunk Alignment
    • When looking at the trunk from behind, the gap on the left side of the trunk between the trunk and left side of the car appears from the eye to be bigger than the gap on the right side of the trunk between the trunk and the right side of the car.?
    • Road Noise
    • On both the driver and passenger side front doors there sounds like there's more road noise coming than there was in my model S (I can hear the wind coming through, making a whooshing should). Hope this is related to improperly installed seals. ?
    I'll try to attach a few photos of the car as well as some of the issues I mentioned.

    Oh, almost forgot, I did not receive a sunshade, and it is listed on my due bill. I did receive the iphone holster attachments, and set that up this morning. It is quite easy to do as the clips just snap into the center console. My iPhone 6s Plus fit perfectly into the two support pieces which prevented the phone from flying around during braking/accelerating.
  • May 11, 2016
    cuse44
    Here are the photos.
  • May 11, 2016
    systemcrashed
    Hi Cuse44, thanks for the insight on your delivery. What vin range are you in? 3xxx, 4xxx, or lower?
  • May 11, 2016
    cuse44
    35XX. Forgot to post that.
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    Thanks for remembering the sunshade. What was your VIN?
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    What was the EST on the MVPA?
  • May 11, 2016
    cuse44
    What do you mean by EST?
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    On the 2nd page of the MVPA it says "
    VEHICLE TO BE DELIVERED ON OR ABOUT", what date did you have next to it
  • May 11, 2016
    Jdcleary
    When was it reserved?
  • May 11, 2016
    cuse44
    05/05/2016 - which was my delivery date. Not sure if that updated once the day was finalized or not. For some more background, it entered production on April 18th. End of line inspection status on April 24th. Prepped for transport on April 28th. Shipped I assume either the 29th or 30th. Arrived at the Dallas Service Center on evening of 05/03 or morning of 05/04, and delivered on 05/05 at 4pm.
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
  • May 11, 2016
    Monkey
    Same here! Picking up #110x on Friday!

    They told me last Friday that it would arrive to the SC in about 10 days. The date on my Purchase Agreement was the 18th. My DS called me Tuesday morning to tell me that it was in and going through final inspection.
  • May 11, 2016
    WilliamZ
    Anyone know if there is anyway to fix the double vision? I know there are a number of X owners facing the issue. But, I want to know if there is a fix for it.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét