Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 11, 2016

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders? part 1

  • Apr 20, 2016
    Brandon332
    Hi all,

    Taking a look at the Model X design studio, new 75D orders now require air suspension for 6 and 7 seat combinations. I confirmed a 75D in February with 7 seats, premium and NO air suspension. Does anybody have any ideas why the number of seats would impact the suspension requirement, or is this just to ensure that people don't disproportionately choose the now upgraded range 75D over the 90D?

    Also, what do you think this means for us oddballs that reserved early?
  • Apr 20, 2016
    JCB_Arizona
    I have a "saved" order, no action taken, with old configuration of 75d and no air suspension.

    I don't have a need for the suspension option.
  • Apr 20, 2016
    Skotty
    I saw that and was wondering what in the heck one could possibly have to do with the other. Maybe just a production streamlining thing?
  • Apr 20, 2016
    Brandon332
    I just don't know what it means for my order because I ordered 75D with 7 seats and no suspension :p
  • Apr 20, 2016
    ssq
    Ooohhh wait! Do I sense another feature gratis??!!
  • Apr 20, 2016
    fengshui
    Interesting. They may be at the point where they don't want to delay the existing non-air 75D orders any longer to develop and test the coil suspension. Presuming a 90/10 split between 90D and 75D, it may be cheaper to just give everyone air.

    If they do give us a free upgrade to the air suspension, I wonder if we'll be able to make other changes that rely on it. I would happily pay $750 extra for towing. It wasn't worth $2,750, but at just $750, it's totally worth it.
  • Apr 20, 2016
    dropd
    Dang. When I downgraded from 90D to 75D last week, I kept the air suspension option. Now wondering if I just cost myself $2500. Sigh.
  • Apr 20, 2016
    disagree
    Wow. For practical purposes (assuming most cars have 6/7 seat configurations), they just raised the bottom price by 5500 in the last two weeks? Do I have this right?
  • Apr 20, 2016
    dropd
    Yes. Though I strongly suspect this most recent $2500 requirement is temporary per the speculation up-thread that they want to ship out 75s sooner and it will take too long to retool the line to build w/o air suspension. If I'm right this would mean:

    * All pre-existing 70/75D orders will get upgraded to air susp. for free if they didn't elect it previously.
    * At some point later in the year, probably when they start building the 5 seaters, they'll remove the suspension requirement for 6/7 seat configs

    What's unclear is what they're going to do for the 70/75 customers that paid extra initially for the air suspension. Most probably we are stuck with our choice.
  • Apr 20, 2016
    disagree
    You'd think they'd give their salespeople a heads up on this stuff since just before I read this I had done a test drive of a 6 seater. My salesperson explicitly told me not to worry about getting the air suspension for my needs, if I went 75d six-seat as opposed to 90d six-seat.

    Yeesh!
  • Apr 20, 2016
    ssq
    Folks, I priced the config I had originally ordered in March - 70D, Tan/White/Dark Ash, Autopilot, no PUP, no AS, no UHFS. It comes out to $94,700 now vs. $91,150 earlier. That's a difference of $3550. Do consider the 70D=>75D and Dark Ash is free ($750 add on option).
  • Apr 20, 2016
    SoccerMan94043
    This is now making the 90D more attractive :\
  • Apr 20, 2016
    disagree
    5 seats, though, yeah?
  • Apr 20, 2016
    ssq
    Sorry should have specified, 6 seats. When I did the config I chose 6 now too.
  • Apr 20, 2016
    MikeC
    But why not just skip over the non-air suspension 75Ds and build them after all the air suspension cars have been built? That's exactly what they did with the S and they didn't have to give free air suspension to people who didn't order it.
  • Apr 20, 2016
    fbitz777
    I did the same and I got charged $2500.

    but again my base was only 80k (vs 83k now) and I wanted the air suspension (I live in the woods)

    75D was at $87,500 with AP, Air suspension and deep white seats. 95D was $100,500.
  • Apr 20, 2016
    CraneKick
    I was just about to post about this! I ordered a 75D, 7 seater, premium, etc. except for the suspension last Thursday. So my order confirms tomorrow and I hope they will include the suspension gratis rather than pushing me further down the queue (it stated June when I ordered). I have a call into my DS (back when I purchased my MS). Will let the group know what I hear!
  • Apr 20, 2016
    BrianD
    Seems plausible. Although as a non-air suspension order I'm hoping it is not the case - I've already got my hopes up for getting it in around June when they showed that for new orders in the design studio. If I got pushed back until September or even later I may reconsider this option (assuming they would at least waive the change fee).
  • Apr 20, 2016
    Oloron
    They might have if they thought ahead, but they got themselves into a catch-22 when they opened up the Studio and gave a delivery date of June for recent 75D orders without Air.

    Once they did that, they had conflicting groups who ordered coil suspensions:
    1. Original 70D orders who had "mid-late 2016" delivery dates
    2. Recent 75D orders who had June promise dates
    If they bump both groups to Sept, group #2 has legitimate complaints. (promised June, now September)
    If they bump #1 to Sept to take advantage of that group's flexible dates while upgrading #2 to Air, they penalize people for ordering early.

    Who knows until we get confirmation, but I suspect this means upgrades for both groups.
  • Apr 20, 2016
    MikeC
    I ordered my 70D, non-air in March so I also hope it's not the case. I think the only reason for this change is there must be something about the 6 and 7-seat configs that require it. Could it be a weight or weight distribution issue?

    I doubt it has anything to do with production scheduling, just because Tesla doesn't really have a big problem letting production dates slip if they need to. And there's no reason they couldn't just move non-air to the back of the line, like they did with early Model S.
  • May 6, 2016
    Oloron
    Thanks for the update. @Marvin, now that it's public, is this the same offer you received?
  • May 6, 2016
    wang5150
    Hmm, just like the email asking 75D to pay to upgrade to 90D to get an earlier delivery and they still haven't gotten theirs either.
  • May 6, 2016
    bird2730
    This is probably coincidence, but my DS sent an email while I was talking to TM about getting the financing in order. DS probably has no clue about this new info that will push my delivery to Sept.
  • May 6, 2016
    Diavel
    Will they waive the change fee? Was June your original date or are they offering to get the X done sooner?
  • May 6, 2016
    ohmman
    $1200's not a bad deal. Add the $750 for towing, and you've just made your X tow-capable for under $2k! ;)
  • May 6, 2016
    Poiuy09
    First post here..
    Got the call to upgrade to Smart Air for $1250. No change fee. Tesla is willing to add towing package for a total of $2k without any change fee.. I might take the offer.
  • May 6, 2016
    Brandon332
    All: For those that don't remember I was the one that called and upgraded to the Smart Air Suspension for $2500 when it was rumored that there wasn't actually any change necessary. They originally said there's nothing they could do price-wise, but I called them again and they lowered it to the $1250, but I was certainly anxious during the call. I guess it's what I deserved for abandoning our (former) group of 6/7 with no SAS early. Won't happen again guys! :)
  • May 6, 2016
    vandacca
    What are the odds that all 75D will have software-limited air suspension, and you'll be able to upgrade at a later date for $2k? :D
  • May 6, 2016
    Oloron
    Heh - did they give you any expectation around delivery date?
  • May 6, 2016
    asdfasdf
    any word on how much this adds to the lease$?
  • May 6, 2016
    Brandon332
    @Oloron Yes I forgot to add! They said "Late June/July" whuch is the same as what they've been saying. I'm from Massachusetts so I'm assuming for me it may be July due to the transit time but I can hope for June :D
  • May 6, 2016
    wang5150
    So, if a new customer orders a 75D with 5 seats and no Air Suspension today, they can get delivery in July... but if you've pre-ordered a 75D with a 6/7 seat, you'd have to pay the upgrade to get this in July or get to the back of the line in Sept/Oct?

    Pray they don't change the deal any further.
  • May 6, 2016
    Oloron
    Thanks! Who did you call? (Dedham, Headquarters, etc.) Thinking I may just call them and get it taken care of now that they have a plan.
  • May 6, 2016
    Brandon332
    @Oloron I called the Fremont sales number and the guy transferred me to Tesla Headquarters after he helped me a bit. It's definitely worth a call to see. However, when we get our VIN number my DS said they should have a much clearer time frame, so hopefully we get the VIN soon! By my math, we need the VIN by Wednesday to have a reasonable shot at June delivery. May 11 VIN plus 1 month to production = June 11 Production. 1 week of production and QA = June 18. Then an optimistic 12 days of transport gets us to late June. I'm just hoping we Massachusetts people get it in June because I have a long trip planned the weekend of July 2-4! Let us know if you hear anything interesting!
  • May 6, 2016
    fbitz777
    Anyone every figure out why SAS is a "requirement" now; maybe related to the weight of the car as 6/7 seater?


    I ordered mine as a 5-seater with SAS because I wanted to get extra ground clearance ....have not gotten any VIN or estimate and I am not in a real hurry
  • May 6, 2016
    wang5150
    I don't think it's an engineering issue nor parts availability issue. There are plenty of Model S with coil suspension and some prefer the coil suspension ride characteristics vs the air suspension. No DS seems to know that it was even required or why it's now required.

    I believe there's benefit to getting SAS with the tow package and maybe some drag efficiency when cruising on the highway without towing. I'm not planning on using my 75D to tow and I think this is just another "upgrade" campaign to get more out of Model X sales.

    I seem to recall one of the signature P90D towing video showing how reduced his range became when he towed his boat just to try out the feature. Most agreed that it's not the weight, but the drag coefficient now reducing range by 10% or more when towing.
  • May 6, 2016
    asdfasdf
    sigh, just asked my DS to upgrade the suspension. Crossing fingers on June delivery.
  • May 6, 2016
    Oloron
    For what it's worth, I took the upgrade for $1,250. They confirmed June/July delivery with air and Sept delivery if staying with coil. I'm thinking July is more likely for east coast given transit times, but we can always dream. For what it's worth, I asked when I'd likely get any follow-up info/confirmation and they estimated 10-14 days.

    Air was never remotely worth $2,500 to me. However, ~3 months of gas for the current car is a couple hundred dollars and adding a $2,500 option is probably adds a couple hundred of today's dollars in eventual resale value.

    In the end, ~$700-$800 for some of the Air benefits along with earlier, more definite delivery date seemed worth it.
  • May 6, 2016
    gfb107
    Wonder if they will allow other changes as well, without the $500 fee. I might be willing to upgrade to air suspension if I could downgrade my black leather seats to the black multi-pattern seats. Those have been getting good reviews.
  • May 6, 2016
    captaintessie
    I reached out to my DS. No word back yet.

    I would go for the tow package if air will be at $1,250. I already added the hitch so the total extra cost should be $1,800.

    Kinda pricey for stuff I really don't need but if it gets me my car sooner I'll do it.
  • May 6, 2016
    gfb107
    I have not been called.
  • May 6, 2016
    wang5150

    To be honest, I thought the $5k I gave Tesla over 2 years ago would get me my 75D sooner than folks that order a 75D today.
  • May 6, 2016
    flyhigh123
    Do all teslas come with the 7 pin trailer adapter?
  • May 6, 2016
    captaintessie
    Haha. Totally agree.

    People asked if I put a deposit down for a M3. I said no.

    As long as I buy it with all the bell and whistles, plus since I'm a current owner of a Tesla, I'll be able to jump in front of everyone anyway.

    I have a MS40 and have had a deposit on an MX since late 2013. You'd think I'd get some priority. Oh well. Just really anxious to get the MX at this point.
  • May 6, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    Got "the" call today, coincidentally while I was sitting in the X for my second test drive...

    I pulled out my phone just to see the number and said "California." And the salesperson joked, it's Tesla calling.

    Didn't answer and checked VM after....how ironic.

    So it sounds like there is no technical spec that says SAS is required with 6/7 seat config. .?

    If that's true, I will take September delivery with a smile. Hopefully car will be closer to perfect by then. Gives them more time to work out the bugs! We will be missing our summer road trip, but delayed gratification is okay with me if it means less problems down the line. Now we will get to use that Southwest Airlines Companion Pass...
  • May 6, 2016
    hdrams
    I called a few days ago and asked about the air suspension. They said they would call me back this week. Peter called me today and said he heard I might want to upgrade to the air suspension. I asked if they were going to upgrade for free like they did for the 70D. He said no. They were encouraging the air suspension for the 6 or 7 seats but would still produce the coil for those who had already ordered. I upgraded for $2500 plus added the towing package. I was not offered $1250 to upgrade but I was not charged the $500 change fee. How many of you guys were offered the $1250 deal? He did say that if I did not upgrade my delivery would be pushed back until September.
  • May 6, 2016
    BrianD
    That seems strange to me. Perhaps Peter was not fully up to speed on the new offer? I believe they just finalized it within the past day or two and my DS did not even have details yet. Unless there are different facts at play that we are missing I'm not sure why they would not offer you the same deal as others. @Brandon332 actually paid the full $2500 a week or so ago and they knocked his back down to the $1250 deal.
  • May 6, 2016
    K-MTG
    For those of you that get the air suspension for $1250, what if you decided to upgrade to the 90D? Will you be able to save $1250 on the upgrade?
  • May 6, 2016
    hdrams
    I left a message for Peter and will follow up if I do not hear back. I will post what he tells me.
  • May 6, 2016
    Diavel
    I wonder the what the resale value on these 6 seater coil suspension "X" would be 4-6 years down the line. Opinions?

    If I were buying an X used for about 4-6 years, I think I would prefer coil suspension for longevity. I mean it's not if they break but when they break right? Per component, these things are relatively expensive and I think would be a great selling factor. Especially with its extremely limited nature of 6 seat/coil.

    patiently waiting on that call...
  • May 7, 2016
    K-MTG
    I assume the extended warranty can be purchased four years for now
  • May 7, 2016
    Diavel
    That's what I did on my S85. I think the X may require it moreso than the S.
  • May 7, 2016
    zambono
    Do to the extra weight of the passengers, maybe they thought the air suspension better suited the vehicle in those configurations. I have an S on order and skipped air suspension, it causes costly issues in other brands after a couple years.
  • May 7, 2016
    Tgibson
    My DS knew nothing about the offer late yesterday. He said corporate sales would be calling me. Sure enough, I got a call from a Palo Alto number at 2 Pacific on my mobile and it was someone offering the upgrade for $1,250 with June/July delivery. I can also change anything else at the same time without paying change fee. I will be changing to air on Monday.

    For those on the fence about staying with coil, I am suspicious about the fall timing. Remember Tesla convinced many 70D orders to upgrade to 90D to get they cars months earlier. Time will tell, but I think most upgraded 90s are probably only 1-2 months sooner that had they stayed at 70D.
  • May 7, 2016
    BrianD
    I agree. They did a big campaign pushing the 90D upgrade - many stating an April delivery. I was strongly considering it more so for the earlier delivery than the range but that would have been an added benefit as well (did not care much about the rest of the differences). Shortly after they hooked everyone that was interested they released the 75D which closed the range gap even further. On top of that they did not even hit the earlier dates for most. These two things combined must have upset some of the 90D upgraders - personally I would have been pretty pissed.

    It all seems a bit underhanded in hindsight and is giving me pause on this latest 'upgrade opportunity'. Who am I kidding though, even if it does end up only being 1-2 months sooner I'd still be willing to pay $1,250 for that :)
  • May 7, 2016
    wang5150
    The problem isn't paying the "upgrade" to get the earlier delivery... it's that they promised the same thing to 75D folks that upgraded to 90D with delivery in April and they still haven't gotten any VIN assignments.

    I believe this campaign is just a "sales" campaign to get reservation holders to upgrade their configuration with some discounts while waiving the fees. I have no problems with a sales campaign, but just don't threaten folks with a "delayed" delivery if they don't upgrade.
  • May 7, 2016
    K-MTG
    True, I was told that if I upgraded to the 90D I could expect mid-April delivery or else my 70D would be end of summer/early fall. Now I know that wasn't true and I am still waiting for my 90D
  • May 7, 2016
    captaintessie
    I confirmed my reservation on Feb 27th but I still have not received a call about the suspension.

    From the few here that have....when did you confirm your reservation?
  • May 7, 2016
    gfb107
    Some of us include that information in our signature.
  • May 7, 2016
    MikeC
    I did not receive the call yet...reserved 3/31.
  • May 7, 2016
    captaintessie
    Ahhh. I see it now. Thanks.

    I use my phone to peruse the forums. It's not visible unless I turn it to "wide screen".
  • May 7, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    Where is the other good stuff that Elon Tweeted about??
  • May 7, 2016
    loganintx
    Next month
  • May 7, 2016
    wang5150
    Hope the "good stuff" is simply my 75D getting VIN assignment for July delivery and none of this "pay the upgrade" or no soup for you... back of the line to September for you!
  • May 8, 2016
    beths11
    I can understand putting orders worth greater $$$ ahead of us coil spring, 75D, folks, but it seems unfair to be putting orders with $1,500 in extra final cost ahead of someone who has waited as long as you have.
  • May 8, 2016
    ohmman
    I'm guessing it has more to do with production line or supplier related issues than it does with prioritizing revenue. It's possible they're still figuring out the coil spring design requirements with a 3rd row.
  • May 8, 2016
    wang5150
    Since the design studio now says Air Suspension is required for 6/7 seats, I assume they're only offering coil for 5 seats which probably can use the same coils from Model S and may not see any VIN assignment until Dec or ever.

    Sigh, Tesla, you give us the free 75D upgrade and now toy us with the air suspension... I love you, but you making me crazy.
  • May 8, 2016
    BrianD
    I plan to take the upgrade offer when I receive the call. I'm also considering adding either the accessory hitch or the towing package. Any insight into how that selection choice (none vs hitch vs tow) may impact delivery date?
  • May 8, 2016
    ohmman
    From what I can tell, they're delivering both options right now (assuming there's really a difference in what they're delivering, which I'm skeptical about anyway).

    Grab that towing package!
  • May 8, 2016
    wang5150
    Just tell people without VIN assignments that they will WAIVE change fees if they want to ADD more options and stop promising earlier delivery dates if you pay the upgrade. All this does is infuriate others waiting patiently for their order to be delivered and disappoint further those that paid the upgrade and still have to wait for their delivery.
  • May 9, 2016
    asdfasdf
    to anyone who confirmed a X70d Coil and then upgraded to X75d SAS -- do you still pay the 70d base price or do they bump that?
  • May 9, 2016
    avigutman
    As long as you confirmed 70D you get to keep that price.
  • May 9, 2016
    avigutman
    Oh you mean if you take up their $1,250 offer... I don't know for sure but I would assume you get to keep your base price.
  • May 9, 2016
    Poiuy09
    No change in base price. Just the addition of $1250 to existing amount.
  • May 9, 2016
    Poiuy09
    Thanks ohmman. Took your advice and added the Towing package.
  • May 9, 2016
    jason1466
    @Poiuy09, do you see the $1250 listed on your MyTesla Spec sheet yet with Air Suspension? Or in the list of documents at the bottom?, I think one of which is an order agreement. Thx.
  • May 9, 2016
    Poiuy09
    Not yet. I was told that it will take a week for this to be updated in My Tesla.
  • May 9, 2016
    mlouie23
    I wonder what's the order to get "the call". I confirmed 1/26 and still haven't gotten a call. I reached out to my DS, but he's on vacation and comes back tomorrow.
    $1200 or $1250 seems much more reasonable for the Air upgrade.
    I'm doubtful about the June/July delivery...based on all the wonderful information all of you provide in the forums, seems like July/August is more realistic.
    Seems like folks would need to get their VINSs this week and next to make June.
  • May 9, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    Was told today that my 75D Model X with coil suspension is slated for September delivery, and that the SAS is faster to build so they will be ready June/July if I want to upgrade.

    (Sigh)
  • May 9, 2016
    asdfasdf
    whats the turn around on emails with your DS's? mine sucks at responding so I just always call Tesla.
  • May 9, 2016
    Poiuy09
    No idea on what the order is. I assumed that orders from CA are being called first, but you are closer to Tesla HQ than me. You can try calling Tesla Sales and see if they can help.
  • May 9, 2016
    halg
    I couldn't agree more.

    I ordered my 75D without air suspension in Apr when they opened the configuration studio, and the website said the delivery date is Jun, I don't buy it, but thinking maybe I can get it between Jul-Aug, I still don't have a VIN number yet.When I see all those people who reserved the car 2 or 3 years ago, I feel bad for them. That's why I am not going to reserve 3, there's no advantage of reserving it early.

    If tesla calls me and offer me to upgrade for an early delivery I will pass it, I will either change to a S or just wait a little bit longer. If they push back my delivery date because of this, I will be very disappointed. I still don't understand why they can't put the exact(or close) delivery month like Model S in the website, and it makes me feel they are lying to the customers to get them to buy the car.

    I know Elon is ambitious but he needs to get them done one step at a time. Tesla has all these quality and production issues, and he's already talking about M3, no wonder he lives in the production line.
  • May 9, 2016
    Tgibson
    Regarding the "call" from Tesla, I got the call Friday around 1 Pacific. I upgraded to air and made another change, neither of which required a change fee. I was told that delivery specialists do not have the details of this offer and only Tesla corporate will be making the calls. I reserved in November 2012 and ordered the first day I could in early December. I was told that since I ordered as soon as I could, I should be produced in one of the first batches of 75Ds and expect June/July delivery. It's not lost on me that I am in Denver and I expect late June deliveries to be prioritized to California to meet Q2 delivery numbers, which means June/July probably means July/August for me.
  • May 9, 2016
    captaintessie
    Emailed my DS.....nothing.
    Called my DS......nothing.
    Called sales team at Tesla....nothing.

    What am I doing wrong here?!?
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    Who is your DS? Sounds like we both have the same DS. Are you picking up at Costa Mesa?
  • May 9, 2016
    asdfasdf
    you called the sales #, hit '2' and nothing happened? sometimes the hold is ~5min, but when you get through ask for 'inside sales' and tell them to upgrade you.
  • May 9, 2016
    Terthen
    I reserved 7/2015 and placed official order 3/30/2016 for 70d, with autopilot, 6 seater, accessory hitch. No PUP or SAS. I did receive the call about upgrading this past Friday with the offer for $1250 for SAS, and I could add towing package without the $500 change fee (paying for towing package of course though). I am based out of California, so perhaps why I got an earlier call. Otherwise all details were the same as those posted earlier.

    I read all the model S forums about coil vs air and decided to stick with coil. I am trusting Elon when be said, for example for the model 3 that the base model would still be a fantastic car. I am counting on the coil to still be a great option, I don't want to have to worry about an expensive repair down the line and wouldn't use the SAS features for my typical commutes. As long as the coil is still a comfortable ride we will be happy. My guess is they would not even give us the option if they thought there would be a comfort or performance problem with coil for 6 or 7 seaters, so I am guessing that this is to streamline production and get as many cars out as possible.

    I asked the rep that called Friday if this was just to streamline production and if the requirement would be removed in the future, he didn't think so... But of course the rep I talked with when I test drove the model X felt coil would be just fine so I'm not sure what they really know at this point...
  • May 9, 2016
    captaintessie
    OK....so I got a call back from the sales team.

    They offered me the $1250 suspension but if I add towing they want to charge me the full $2,500 + $750.
    Does that make sense?!?! I'm trying to give them an additional $550 but they don't want it.

    Can someone who got towing with the $1250 charge PM me with the info to your sales person? Thanks
  • May 9, 2016
    wang5150
    "This deal is getting worse all the time." - Lando.
  • May 9, 2016
    ssq
    No call yet from anyone. Emailed DS.
    Confirmed March 4th 2016.
  • May 9, 2016
    asdfasdf
    if you really want the SAS definitely call the sales line and ask for inside sales -- DS takes forever to respond.
  • May 9, 2016
    Oloron
    Call inside sales at 888-518-3752. Tell them you'd like to talk to the staff doing the call campaign for the X 75D orders with coil suspensions. They may not know what you're talking about, but politely assure them there is one going on and you'd like to talk to one of them. They may need to ask around and then tell you that group is on the phone with other customers (their job is constant calling after all), but they that will call you back shortly.
  • May 9, 2016
    gfb107
    Still no call here.
  • May 9, 2016
    wang5150
    No call yet, but I plan to pass on the offer.
  • May 9, 2016
    hdrams
    I never got a call back from Peter (650 area code) but I checked my specs and it now shows the air suspension for $2500 and the towing package for $750. I will call aqain tomorrow and ask about the $1250 for the air suspension. If anyone else got the $1250 upgrade with the towing package I would love to hear.
  • May 9, 2016
    emchen
    I got "the email" a few hours ago today:
    "...This is Peter with Tesla Motors. I wanted to congratulate you on your new Model X order! As we are preparing to begin building our 75kWh Battery Model X, we did need to discuss your configuration with you. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience."

    I called him within five minutes of receipt and to my surprise he picked up right away. Your offer from the sales' team for SAS + towing was inconsistent from what he offered me. He offered $1250 + $750 for SAS + towing. Said it was a line issue, how they haven't built any X's with coils yet. Delivery date difference of about two months. Quoted me June/July delivery with SAS upgrade vs September (at earliest) for coil.
  • May 9, 2016
    hdrams
    Thanks so much for the info. I am going to call again tomorrow.
  • May 9, 2016
    captaintessie
    UPDATE: UDPATE: UPDATE:

    So they called me back about the air @ $1,250 and said they would add the tow package for $750. That's the good new.

    The bad news (or bad info) is she said also said if I want to use the ski carrier or bike carrier it wont work on the tow package....what?!?! I said it seems to say online that it will work. She said it only works with a trailer that can carry bikes?!?! Can anyone confirm this? It seems crazy that if you choose the tow package that you can't put a bike rack on the thing like the picture shows on the accessory hitch.
  • May 9, 2016
    captaintessie
    One more thing she said.

    I have till Friday to make the decision since they will be putting it into production. Take it for what it's worth.
  • May 9, 2016
    Brandon332
    Interesting. How exactly did she say it? Like will they issue VINs after Friday I wonder?
  • May 9, 2016
    captaintessie
    I don't think they give them much info. When I asked questions she would have to put me on hold to ask her manager. She just said I have to give her my decision by Friday. I'll be calling tomorrow with a few other questions. I'll try to get a better answer for everyone.
  • May 9, 2016
    captaintessie
    FYI...just pricing things online to see if its worth getting air and tow. Just noticed my $4,500 22" just went up to $5,500 for new orders.

    Mine stayed the same. Lot's of changes going on. Glad I confirmed this long ago!!
  • May 9, 2016
    halg
    I wonder the same thing.
  • May 9, 2016
    K-MTG
    Those are gonna be a $$$ replacement after 50k or so miles
  • May 10, 2016
    jason1466
    Well that would contradict actual owners photos of bike and cargo racks in this forum on Tow packaged MXs, Nice Bike Rack for the X..... I would not hesitate to upgrade to Tow, considering it myself although I have coil with hitch at this point. By chance was her last name "Information?" as in "Ms. Information?" She seems quite busy making many interesting statements of late :).
  • May 10, 2016
    captaintessie
    Yup. Too funny.

    Thanks for the link. It shows the Bosal connector that @goneskiian posted on my thread about the hitch. It was nice to see on the acctual X.
  • May 10, 2016
    vandacca
    Considering that they haven't shipped any Accessory Hitches yet, I'm going out on a limb and saying that the design hasn't been finalized yet and that it can still change. Much like other options in the vehicle like 5-seat, coils, etc, the whole thing is still in flux and I'm highly suspicious of any DS's claims that would indicate a finalized decision has been made at Tesla.
  • May 10, 2016
    fengshui
    That contradicts the design studio, which explicitly says the Towing Package is "Compatible with hitch mounted bike and ski carriers." I wouldn't worry about it.
  • May 10, 2016
    Diavel
    Really? There aren't any hitches out in the wild yet? Everybody that ordered the accessory hitch got the tow package?
  • May 10, 2016
    hdrams
    Peter called me back and after talking to his manager he is going to change my price for the air suspension to $1250.
  • May 10, 2016
    wang5150
    Got the call from Peter also. I passed on the offer. I can wait patiently for my 75D as configured. What's another couple of months when I've been waiting over 2 years now?
  • May 10, 2016
    erebay
    I have a 75D on order confirmed January 28th. I haven't received a call yet to upgrade suspension. I contacted my DS in Costa Mesa but she wasn't aware of the upgrade offer for 75D's without air suspension. Should I call or wait? I also did not receive a call back when they offered 70 to 90D upgrade for quicker delivery.

    Also, if they are offering towing package without the $500 change price, will they also do the same for changing other options such as color and interior options?
  • May 10, 2016
    wang5150
    The upgrade from 75D to 90D was an email campaign they sent out back in Feb/March. This time, they are calling reservation holders of 75D with coil suspension.

    If you really want the offer, you can call the corporate sales office of Tesla and not your DS. I would not pay the upgrade based on earlier delivery, but rather that you prefer the SAS upgrade at 50% off and no change fees.
  • May 10, 2016
    vandacca
    It is my understanding that no one has yet received the Accessory Hitch demonstrated at the September delivery by a kid (JB Straubel's??). It's my opinion that the design/manufacturing of the Accessory Hitch isn't complete.
  • May 10, 2016
    MikeC
    Got an email from my DS today with the $1250 upgrade offer. I had confirmed 3/31.
  • May 10, 2016
    wallstguy
    I got an email today saying this campaign is not offered in Canada :(
  • May 10, 2016
    captaintessie
  • May 10, 2016
    captaintessie
    Not sure what I did wrong above....trying to quote....oh well

    My understanding is the change fee is waived regardless of what you are doing as long as you add SAS. So you can theoretically change everything else.

    You will need to call the Tesla sales team option #2. They will do the deal for you. My DS didn't know anything and took a long time to get back to me. In his email days later he said to call the sales team for more information.

    Have till Friday so jump on it as soon as you can.
  • May 10, 2016
    KHult
    Just wanted to add one more data point to the discussion -- X75D confirmed 4/22 with coils and 6 seat configuration. Just got off the phone with Peter at Tesla and upgraded from coils + accessory hitch to SAS + towing package for $1250 + 500 (difference between accessory hitch and towing package). Pretty simple but kind of bummed since I've had nothing but grief with my wife's MB GL450's air struts. Each and every one has needed to be replaced since we bought the car seven years ago, and boy are they not cheap. I was trying to avoid the same problem with this car. With the alternative being a September delivery date, I'm so anxious to get the car I'm willing to chance it.
  • May 10, 2016
    mlouie23
    I got the call this morning from my DS offering me the upgrade for $1250.
    I thought he originally said $1200. He also said June.
    I started going through the timeline of when VINs would need to be issued in order to hit June (like folks need to know next week!)
    But after confirming everything at the end of the call he slipped to say June/July. Probably translates to July/August.

    I confirmed my X75D on 1/26. Reasons I took SAS was that I originally wanted it but couldn't justify $2500. Now that it's "half off" it's a bit easier. I don't need towing. I'd like to think that I can be more efficient in driving and saving miles when I lower the car at appropriate times.

    Thx everyone for tipping us off on the SAS promotional deal.

    BTW, my DS is super on top of communicating and emails sometimes within minutes, but no more than 24hrs on business days.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét