Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 11, 2016

Model X in Canada - Status part 4

  • Jun 21, 2016
    SSD420
    I was told my 90D was in production the week of June 6th. Last wednesday I was told that my DS pinged my car and got a response, so although his system said it was still in production, it was built and going through QA. I was told this could take a week or so and then shipping, to Toronto, depended on whether it was going via truck or train, followed by more testing and configuration once it arrives in Canada. Originally i was told end of June delivery, but last week was told early to mid July was more likely.

    Even if there wasn't a price reduction and i missed the last one in May, it appeared to me that it did drop, and that was a happy day!:)
  • Jun 21, 2016
    SMSMD
    Enjoy the reduction...better late than never...May 19th or June 19th , you got it eventually:D
  • Jun 21, 2016
    SSD420
    Thank you.

    And thanks to everyone at TMC for the support. I think my wife, friends, ?-workers and everyone are sick of hearing about my MX. I'm excited! I'm coming from a long line of Toyota Camry's. I sold my 2012 Camry SE a bit prematurely, so I'm toughening out the wait in a borrowed 2006 Camry :(
  • Jun 21, 2016
    Andrei
    My Model X 90D (VIN 756X) is ready and waiting in the holding area at the factory. Estimated delivery is still end of June. Fingers crossed.
  • Jun 21, 2016
    SSD420
    My DS just called me! My MX 90D is finished production!!!!!

    He said it should arrive in Toronto by the end of the month and i will most likely take delivery shortly after that. Probably the first week of July!
  • Jun 21, 2016
    vandacca
    I assume we have the same DS (JM). He hasn't called me yet, so perhaps you'll be getting yours before me. That's okay with me, since I purposely waited as long as I could to confirm, in order to try to get a more refinely built vehicle. :)
  • Jun 21, 2016
    SSD420
    Yes, we do have the same DS. I speak to him pretty regularly. I had left him a VM yesterday with a question, so he was calling me back.

    JM told me that I could reach out to him weekly with updates.

    You can call or email him any time for updates too. What day did you confirm? Perhaps we will take delivery on or about the same day?
  • Jun 21, 2016
    vandacca
    I confirmed March 30 (see signature). That was the day that the price would have been adjusted $30k higher for Signature owners who hadn't confirmed. That was Tesla's nice way of saying, "s#!t, or get off the pot".

    I have no doubt he'll contact me when the vehicle is ready. As long as I have a weeks notice to handle a little financing (had to spend part of my Tesla savings to fix a 8' failing retaining wall) and booking a day off work (apparently they don't normally do deliveries on weekends), I'm good just waiting for him to contact me.

    Worse comes to worse, I'll just delay delivery a few days in order to get my ducks in order.
  • Jun 22, 2016
    Calgary
    Delivered this morning in Calgary. Confirmed in March 19th as I recall.

    P90DL - 6 seater.

    According to the transport driver, he had one more for the Calgary Store, and then one for Edmonton in the truck. First deliveries in Alberta according to him.

    Cheers!
  • Jun 22, 2016
    justdave
    Sorry for the delay, just got back from my first roadtrip with the X up to Osoyoos. Awesome machine! No problems whatsoever with it and it handled very well on the road.

    The delivery experience was nothing special. Done in the parkade at the new store so maybe it will improve over time. The delivery checklist was very helpful and much appreciated.
  • Jun 22, 2016
    gpetti
    Exciting, hoping mine starts building soon!
  • Jun 22, 2016
    SMSMD
    Hmmm one for Edmonton in the truck..@Zapped took delivery and was getting a full wrap done...wonder who it belongs to...
  • Jun 23, 2016
    Zapped
    I suppose technically whoever it is would be the first delivered to Edmonton.
    We picked up our Model X on Monday in Vancouver, had a fun drive on the Sea to Sky highway to Whistler and are now in Summerland.

    Unfortunately, to do a proper job, the full wrap required the rear hatch badging be removed. People are noticing the vehicle (similar to when the S came out) but are not sure what it is . We're basically driving in Stealth mode until the new badges arrive.

    As a first time autopilot user, it is amazing and we seemed to have more time enjoying the scenic drive through the mountains.

    SMSMD, thanks again for the check list.
  • Jun 23, 2016
    justdave
    Are you happy with the wrap and the company that did it? It is something I want to get done soon as well.
  • Jun 23, 2016
    Zapped
    This is my first experience with XPEL and, as far as I can tell, it looks very good. The bug carnage wipes off very easily.
    Autowerkes are great to deal with. They picked up and returned the car to TESLA, so I never actually met the company owner but we talked on the phone. Great guy, said he's very busy, booking into August.
  • Jun 23, 2016
    SMSMD
    Thats great news...if i book him he will take the car wrap it up and deliver it back to Tesla and they can ship it to me...I will talk to my DS if thats possible.
  • Jun 23, 2016
    Macgaver
    FYI - a truck with some X arrive in montreal tonight late.

    My X is on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Delivery potentially for tomorrow ar 2pm if everything is ok (nock on wood all night long)

    Immediately leaving for a 1000km trip. First EV road trip ever, but I think I am over ready for this
  • Jun 23, 2016
    Gymee
    Awesome! I bet that @Local host 's X was on there too since he is picking up on Saturday. Sadly, I haven't heard of mine passed QC since the last update where I learned that it went BACK into production after a flaw was found.
  • Jun 23, 2016
    Jgdixon
    Mine arrived today! Hopefully picking it up early next week.
    One of the guys from our club snapped this pic of it at the image.jpeg Lawrence Ave store.
    Getting excited!
  • Jun 23, 2016
    Jon
    Congratulations! If you are still there on Saturday, we can say hi. The red Sig is mine!

    Cheers,

    Jon
  • Jun 23, 2016
    Macgaver
    Thanks Jon.

    My delivery is scheduled for 2:30pm, and it sounded like the day was full of deliveries! It's really surprising in Quebec to see a Company working june 24th !

    Not complaining!!!
  • Jun 23, 2016
    Local host
    Just got word that there was an issue with the truck and it wasn't able to cross the border. It won't be leaving until tomorrow morning. I should know by tomorrow afternoon if I can still pick it up on Saturday.
  • Jun 23, 2016
    Martin VanB
    Justin sent me a picture of mine today. Things are looking good! Model X image.jpg
  • Jun 24, 2016
    Local host
    My X is about 2 hours away from Montreal. Barring no issues, I will be picking up tomorrow.

    For those in TO, 29 X are on the lot:

  • Jun 24, 2016
    Local host
  • Jun 24, 2016
    Jon
  • Jun 24, 2016
    Dakkor
    With late september deliveries right now if you order what you guys think.. Should i expect more like october delivery? Anyone sold their S before taking their X delivery? How much time it took you to sold it? Should I start trying to sell right now?
  • Jun 24, 2016
    HappyEV
    damn that's a lot of Model X in Montreal!

    @ Dakkor. From what I see in the forums and in the Model X Tracker, expect a 3 1/2 month delay from your confirmation date if you're getting a 90D or up.
    For example, Local Host confirmed mid-March, production started end May, he's getting it end June.
    I've confirmed end of April, production should start mid-July, I'll probably get it mid-August.
    So if you confirm your order start of July, you should be getting a mid-October delivery.

    I'm trading in my old Santa Fe, it's more cost-time-effective in my situation.
  • Jun 24, 2016
    xterrastrial
    Quick update ... After reserving our X 23 minutes after the reservations opened over four years ago, we're finally picking up our X75D in Vancouver tomorrow! It's hard to believe it's finally happening. Very excited to say the least. :)
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Macgaver
    I picked my X in Montreal yesterday , with my family and all my bags ready to start right a away a 450km leg of road trip.

    That car is simply the best car in the world. I haven't seen nothing close, or getting close.

    EV Range:
    The range was great ! Was trying to be driving slower than usual, I had a 320km wood road without any charger (and signal), but the nav is so great at estimating the %left at arrival, I have been able to safely know that I could just drive normally (and pass whenever required) without range issue.

    Montreal delivery Team:
    Having a delivery on a Holiday + the car perfect + fully charge for a road trip = Best possible delivery experience I could have imagined

    Montreal DS full of X to deliver ... some pictures:
    IMG_1573.JPG IMG_1534.JPG
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Gymee
    Congrats @Macgaver and every one else who has taken delivery or will be this weekend. Keep the updates coming! I was hoping to be in Montreal today but now have no idea when my X will arrive :(. Until then, I hope to live vicariously through your blogging!!

    Any body have any flaws????
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Jgdixon
    Congrats! I'm getting mine on Monday.
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Local host
    We are on our way to Montreal now. Should be there in about an hour...
  • Jun 25, 2016
    slyastro
    Mine was dropped from the delivery truck this morning!

    Delivery scheduled on monday night! :)
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Dakkor
    Soo.. i ripped my pants today while trying to put my daugther in her car seat in the S. That's it, i'm getting a X. :eek:
  • Jun 25, 2016
    SMSMD
    I got a scare when i saw the word dropped..the next sentence made sense...Congratulations
  • Jun 25, 2016
    slyastro
    Sorry for the confusion!

    Here is a pic!
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Dakkor
    Anyone getting white interior?
  • Jun 25, 2016
    slyastro
    I do!!
  • Jun 25, 2016
    S'toon
    Invite the press. Get some publicity for your organization, and Tesla.
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Dakkor
    Your kids are older than mine. Don't you think this will get dirty easily? With the premium package with perforated leather crumble and stuff getting in holes.. Wife want the white seats but I don't know.. My baby car seat protector are also black so the 2nd row seats will be hidden under that. I bought them after removing the seats from my S the first time, the baby seat left deep marks in the leather but with the mats it's fine.
  • Jun 25, 2016
    slyastro
    3 years old lady, 5 years old boy and 9 years old boy.

    Elon Musk himself stated in a tweet that white vegan seat where much easier to clean than leather seats. That's what convinced me ... I trust Elon.
  • Jun 25, 2016
    SSD420
    I, too got scared when I saw "dropped." @slyastro you have to be more careful with your words - all of us at TMC got worried for you!!
  • Jun 25, 2016
    slyastro
    Sorry ... it was not intentional!
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Jon
    Congratulations!

    I have to echo the sentiment of what a great crowd the Montreal team are. I was very well treated in all respects and given ample time to chat with anyone I needed to.

    The car is fantastic. Nothing of concern, all details were fine. Anxiously waiting for it to be delivered to NL now.

    Nice to meet several other owners today. My car is the Sig red in your pictures.

    Enjoy everyone,

    Jon
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Gymee
    Jon, happy to hear your delivery experience was a good one. I hope to share that sentiment some day soon.

    Dakkor, I have a 2 year old, and 3 year old and a newborn due this fall. I went with ultra white and had some concerns but there are plenty of people in a similar position in the US and so far I have yet to read that a single one of them regrets their decision. It hasn't been that long though I suppose...
  • Jun 25, 2016
    SMSMD
    No worries ...you got all our attention..it shows how much we love Model X
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Dakkor
    Yeah.. 20 months daughter monster and newborn daughter #2 in september.. We love our S but we find it hard to get her inside the car right now.
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Local host
    Tessa Charge.png Nice meeting you today @Jon Hope your X has a speedy journey home.

    We took a detour through Cornwall on the way home to try out a supercharger. Home now and charging
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Gymee
  • Jun 25, 2016
    SSD420
    ..and care for our fellow TMC members.
  • Jun 26, 2016
    Local host
    I have to say, this car is mind blowing! I showed it to family yesterday and everyone just couldn't believe how awesome it is.

    I was also very happy with the Montreal team and my delivery. Tesla is not very good at communicating, but in the end, they put every right and created a loyal customer, fan and admirer. I think I have already sold a few friends too.

    Will never buy another ice car again.
  • Jun 26, 2016
    gpetti
  • Jun 26, 2016
    gpetti
    Is anyone finding the insurance high? I'm being quoted higher than my model S, possibly around $2500 per year. I guess I can only really compare with Alberta owners though.
  • Jun 26, 2016
    Jon
    Great to meet you too. Nice to put faces on names.

    The wait will allow me time to clean up my work shop, I guess.

    Cheers,

    Jon
  • Jun 26, 2016
    SSD420
    I got $3337 per year, $1000 deductible. But I have 2 tickets on my driving record plus I'm semi-young, I think.
  • Jun 26, 2016
    SSD420
    I'm in Ontario (Toronto area) too
  • Jun 26, 2016
    Calgary
    Alberta owner. $1300. TD Monnex. But age/record/other cars all play a big part
  • Jun 26, 2016
    SMSMD
    Just met Ron with his signature X in Edmonton...awesome vehicle.. inquired about Insurance after seeing your post, he is under 1,000/-(TD) this is his third vehicle and other factors add up as @Calgary mentions. I had called TD earlier they have asked me to call back when I have a delivery date. $2500 sucks...

    Insurance for Model X In Canada
  • Jun 26, 2016
    gpetti
    Yes, funnily enough I asked "Zapped" the same question. I have two cars and a motorcycle, I'm similar age to Ron and I currently have no demerits and no at fault accident. I did have hail damage last year though.
    My model S is about $1364 per year so a $2500 quote for the X was a bit of a surprise. I'm still having my agent investigate further. This is using Aviva, 2,000,000 liability and 1,000 deductibles.
  • Jun 27, 2016
    pwazz
    Hi there,
    My name is Peter and I have a massive favour to ask of any Model X owners out there in the Greater Toronto Area/Southern Ontario. My fiance Tasha and I are getting married August 20th in Cambridge, Ontario and it would mean the world to us to have two Model X's as our "limos" on our special day. Tasha and I are huge Tesla fans that have been talking our friends' ears off about Tesla since the days of the Roadster. It's our dream to have a Model S and a Tesla pickup truck one day. Trouble is we've just graduated university, and are of course no-where close to being there financially. I've managed to find a couple luxury car rental places that have Model S', but our wedding party has 12 people in it (5 groomsmen+groom, 5 bridesmaids+bride), so we couldn't all fit into 2 Model S'.

    It wouldn't be who we are to get a gas guzzling limo for our wedding day, so we're wondering if any of you Model X owners can find it in your heart to lend us your amazing vehicle for our wedding day. We would be so grateful, and forever indebted to you for helping make our wedding day so special.

    It isn't much, but if you could lend us your vehicle, we would be happy to lend you our 2009 Toyota Matrix, or I could probably ask my parents for their 2010 Toyota Rav4, or 2006 BMW 330i. If this wouldn't meet your needs, we could try and rent you a vehicle that does.

    Tasha doesn't know about this, so it would be a surprise for her. I realize this is a big ask, and unlikely to work out, but if there's any chance of this happening I know I have to try.

    Sincerely yours,
    Peter
    PS If you're potentially interested, or have any questions, please email me at [email�protected]
  • Jul 7, 2016
    YUL X
    @Local host yes, I received mine, drove 50 km then had an 8 day biz trip away. wow, knowing this was in my garage drove me crazy. just return this morning.
  • Jul 7, 2016
    Dakkor
    Just saw a blue 90D MX with ultra white at Protex Laval while having my windows tint repaired. Yup it's very nice, need to make the move now
  • Jul 7, 2016
    Gymee
    Congrats and good luck!
    Got a referral already? :)
    Referral | Tesla Motors
  • Jul 7, 2016
    Dakkor
    No reservation yet. Need to crunch a lot of numbers first and make the ad to sell my S.. I don't really want to sold it now and have no car for 3-4 months also but I don't want to be stuck with no cashdown also...
  • Jul 8, 2016
    Gymee
    When I sold my Porsche, I told the buyer that I needed it until a certain date. All potential buyers were willing to wait but I didn't wait 2-3 months either. I was planning for 1 month (then my DS told me my car would be here within 2 weeks so I had to have it sold in 6 days). I dropped the price $13000 and made one buyer VERY happy and THEN my car went back into production after it spent a couple of days in quality control. It still sits in production. :(

    You can maybe ask Tesla what they would pay for your S. Then use that as a backup. Then base the price you want on that figure. Because I needed a quick sell, I decided to sell my very unique Porsche for only $5000 more than what Tesla was going to wholesale my car for. Had I known that my X would be delayed an additional month, I probably would have held out for more $$$ but Tesla has been good to me so far so I am trying not to complain. :)
  • Jul 8, 2016
    Dakkor
    I already have Tesla tradein price and they taking 10k only to sell the car. it's around 15k under what I want.
  • Jul 8, 2016
    RiverBrick
    He can refer himself, can't he?
  • Jul 8, 2016
    Gymee
    I guess since he has an S, he should be able to.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét