Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 11, 2016

Firmware 5.0 part 7

  • Sep 29, 2013
    markwj
    By comparison: OVMS, which provides equivalent functionality, takes an average of 2 to 3 seconds. Main difference is we don't have to wake up the entire car to get a response from the module in the car.

    I realise that it is an architectural choice, but waiting 30 seconds is not what I would call a great user experience on a smartphone.

    Regards, Mark.
  • Sep 30, 2013
    dsmith2189
    Just curious, how long did it take to connect with your previous car? Was it an issue then?
  • Sep 30, 2013
    hans
    Tesla could cache some of this data for faster response. How much can the car's location change while it is asleep? Unless of course it's on a truck being delivered (or stolen).
    Even SOC should be fairly constant when in sleep mode.
  • Sep 30, 2013
    ElSupreme
    And realistically all you really need are the stats when it fell asleep, and the ability to force a wakeup. At which time you could get new data after 30-45 seconds.
  • Sep 30, 2013
    tomas
    What is the point in having the app "appear" to be connected with old, cached data when it is actually still connecting to new data? Tho I have not yet experienced 5.0 connection, I'd rather wait 30 secs and then have all app functions working than have app appear to function earlier, even though it isn't. Of course, it would also be nice to have the 30 secs cut down... and I'm sure Tesla will whittle away at it.

    This discussion reminds me of hilarious and true Louis CK bit on cell phones - if you haven't heard it is worth a few minutes.
  • Sep 30, 2013
    apacheguy
    I had the same idea and so I emailed ownership a couple weeks ago.


    We are talking about two different things. 30 seconds is how long the car supposedly takes to start up, not the mobile app.
  • Sep 30, 2013
    AlMc
    5.0: From what I have read: Full start up of onborad computer functions is about 10 seconds after some type of 'contact' is made with the car: opening trunk/frunk; remote opening of door. Connection between the car and phone app takes about 45-60 seconds when the car is in the sleep mode. Reports are that sleep mode starts about 15 minutes after you have left the car.
  • Sep 30, 2013
    4SUPER9
    My old car used OnStar. It too was slow and often did not connect. Kind of similar to how our current app functions. The issue here is that it worked far better (according to what I've read here) with prior versions. I only have experience with 5.0.

    As I have said many times before, I could live with it as is, if I had no choice, and would take this over vampire drain. Of course, I would like it to work better if possible. If TM cannot solve this, then I would like an option to disable sleep mode (just like on my PC). Even better, again if they can't fix it, additional options as to when sleep mode becomes active (i.e.: After 30 min, after 1 hour, after 2 hours...).
  • Sep 30, 2013
    mknox
    I have the OnStar app for our company's Volt, and it is painfully slow to connect compared to my Tesla. It is a pretty decent app, and has never actually failed to connect, for me at least.
  • Sep 30, 2013
    AnOutsider
    I, for one, am fine with the delay of the rollout if it means improved response times. I know some of the early beta folks dismissed it, but in reality, what was described was far from ideal.
  • Oct 2, 2013
    loganss
    On the loaner, I'm consistently seeing less than 10 seconds to wakup but I don't fall into the speedy getaway category. One day i jumped in the car while the screen was booting up and a couple seconds into bootup i shifted to reverse with no problems. I don't see the big deal. Unfortunately i can't comment on the mobile app w the loaner.
  • Oct 2, 2013
    4SUPER9
    10 seconds would be no big deal. Unfortunately, that is not what I am seeing. You really begin to feel it when it's 20 sec or longer.
  • Oct 2, 2013
    montgom626
    A video showing 20 seconds would be helpful.
  • Oct 2, 2013
    Renegade
    I have 5.0 and 10 sec would be the max I have waited, if that. By the time I open the door, sit in the car, put my seat belt on, the car is ready. The longest I've waited after all that is about 2-3 seconds. If thats too long for you, then just wake the car up while your walking to the car by pressing the top of the fob.

    You just can't make some people happy. A few seconds to wake the car up is a dam good trade-off for 8+ miles of range lost by vamp drain.
  • Oct 2, 2013
    AlMc
    I agree that the 10 seconds is acceptable and what is seen by most people but if 4SUPER9 is experiencing 20 seconds or more that would give me cause for concern. Personally, I would have the local SC or TM central reload his 5.0. That may solve the issue.
  • Oct 3, 2013
    zax123
    Renegade,

    Would you, by any chance, be willing to make a video showing the delay? Starting from walking up to the car, letting the handles pop out by themselves (no fob) and then sitting in the car? Just to get a feel for the delay?

    Thanks!
  • Oct 3, 2013
    contaygious
    You can drive while it loads right? Would be nice to have the camera at least.
  • Oct 3, 2013
    Eggplant
    I was just thinking that myself. I'm fine with the main screen booting while I'm driving away. The only real bummer is I don't get the backup camera.
  • Oct 3, 2013
    jomo25
    I thought that the car cannot be driven until it is fully booted up.
  • Oct 3, 2013
    Eggplant
    I think I had it backwards. I thought the instrument cluster came on instantly and the 17" booted, but I guess it's really the other way around. So you probably do have to wait before you can shift out of park. I'm sure someone with 5.0 can clarify.
  • Oct 3, 2013
    dflye
    Well, having multiple times done a reboot of both displays while driving without causing any issue with driving related functionality, figured I'd give it a try while parked to see if I could still shift into D or R. No problems there while either display was restarting, but not sure how different a soft reboot is vs waking the car from sleep, as I don't have 5.0 on my S.
  • Oct 3, 2013
    AnOutsider
  • Oct 3, 2013
    AlMc
    I believe that the 5.6 they have in Europe shows that you will be given a power management choice: Sleep mode with slow start up and slow app connection with little vampire loss or something similar to the 4.5 power management.
  • Oct 3, 2013
    Effects
    Wi-Fi with 5.#

    Are the new Model S deliveries with v 5.? Software able to connect with Wi-Fi? If so, where is the setup page?
  • Oct 3, 2013
    Odenator
    v5.0-v5.6 turns on the wi-fi antenna. Just click on the bar graph on the upper right of the touch screen, find the wi-fi signal you want, click on it (enter password if needed) and boom, you're surfin' the web just like on the iPhone, only much slower. :confused:
  • Oct 4, 2013
    Mayhemm
    Yes, the power management option is the only really new "feature" with 5.6. The rest is behind-the-scenes bug fixes.
  • Oct 4, 2013
    dirkhh
    Yes... but most importantly, 5.6 appears to be a new minor build number (1.45.x) and is bringing together the different branches that Tesla was on. So this has us hopeful that this is a sign that we are getting closer to a general rollout of 5.x...
  • Oct 4, 2013
    4SUPER9
    I made a couple of videos, but don't have the connection to post them right now (I've also never posted a video before, but assume it's no hard).

    Unfortunately (actually, fortunately), since I've been trying to capture a long delay. When the car is asleep, I am getting exactly 15 sec from door opening to dash screen on. What I need to do is go from presenting of handles to getting the car into Drive. There have been some delays for me from after the dash is ready to when it will accept my press on the brake. Actually, several times after wake-up is complete, I found myself pressing on the brake with the car not turning on. I have to make sure my foot is not on the brake until everything is ready, or sometimes (though not every time I think), the car won't turn on until I release and press it again.

    Anyway, since Europe's 5.6 has the option, all this discussion will be superfluous. This is good enough for me. Ideally, I would have sleep mode with a rapid wake up. Guess there were barriers...
  • Oct 4, 2013
    adurstewitz
    Any news on when the rollout will begin in the US?
  • Oct 4, 2013
    napabill
    Asked one mushroom of another.
  • Oct 4, 2013
    Effects
    Thanks for that info.
  • Oct 4, 2013
    4SUPER9
    Excellent question. Why Europe first?
  • Oct 5, 2013
    Vger
    I was told that release of 5.6 to N.A. is soon (5.0 will not be the next step for most of us). Apparently they had to work out some bugs with the sleep function on early builds-- some cars were taking as much as 2 hours to wake up! Also, release was somewhat delayed by engineering resources being committed to the EU rollout.
  • Oct 5, 2013
    apacheguy
    I wonder what hardware difference would account for this. What do newer cars have that older ones don't?
  • Oct 5, 2013
    bsd
    I've noticed my car (5.0/1.35.98) has lost the USB ports on three occasions now. They come back after a reboot.
  • Oct 5, 2013
    john01
    Just spoke with tech support. 5.6 to be downloaded to all cars next month. It takes about an hour. Vampire drain will be less. We get if I understand correctly, web hotspot as well as ability to connect to house wi-fi.

    Natick mall mass. sales person says that two new superchargers for Northeast in Nov. Providence RI and Sturbridge MA. Rt. 90
  • Oct 5, 2013
    brianman
    I'd love a confirmation of this. It's one of the "told us back when" that we haven't heard anything about in a long, long while.
  • Oct 6, 2013
    Mayhemm
    All versions of 5.x have had these features. Are you referring to the ability to connect to a hotspot in the car (ie: tethering) or for the car to become a hotspot itself (albeit a 3G one)?
  • Oct 6, 2013
    wormhole
    So reported to [email�protected] a couple glitches in both consoles. Got call back tonight and person from OE said I would be receiving version "5.6 in "a few weeks" which would resolve issues. Found that version number, which he was extremely explicit on, to be interesting.
  • Oct 6, 2013
    ZBB
    Not really surprising -- Europe cars already receiving 5.6 OTA updates. This just aligns the US/Europe versions...
  • Oct 6, 2013
    apacheguy
    Now that they seem confident with the build I hope we'll start seeing some North American rollout occurring this week. The "few weeks" is probably the timeframe in which all cars will receive 5.6 OTA.
  • Oct 7, 2013
    wormhole
    well, given the banter on the forums about the US and European firmwares forking, this is confirmation that that isn't the case.
  • Oct 7, 2013
    tomas
    Yeah, the forking people were forking wrong!
  • Oct 7, 2013
    dirkhh
    I beg to differ. Forking is a technical term and that is quite clearly what happened with 5.0 and 5.5.
    All that 5.6 appears to do is to merge those two branches...
  • Oct 7, 2013
    Vger
    I was not told anything specific, but I gather that the the backend electronics have continued to be re-engineered. Since there are SO many ECU's (processors) in the car, anytime they revise something like the chargers, or climate control or the touchscreen, there are bound to be firmware ripples involved.
  • Oct 7, 2013
    Chipper
    Well, some tines it happens!
  • Oct 7, 2013
    tomas
    Nice!!!!!
  • Oct 7, 2013
    jackbowers
    Don't know if this has been discussed yet, but while driving a service loaner with 5.0 between Reno and Rocklin it seemed that the cruise control was more "gentle," which was especially noticeable when making 5 mph adjustments up or down. Also appears that the iPhone Bluetooth music streaming bug (cut-outs out while flipping rapidly between pause and play under certain conditions) has been fixed.
  • Oct 8, 2013
    FlasherZ
    It still feels as jerky to me as it always has... maybe you're getting used to it? :)
  • Oct 8, 2013
    dirkhh
    Are you sure he has the same build you do? This could be something they are running between minor revisions.
  • Oct 8, 2013
    dirkhh
    I asked my "inside contact" and he asked for patience... More likely November before a broader rollout. Which seems strange since they seem to roll it out pretty widely in Europe.
    Maybe they consider 4.5 a safer choice than the early 5.0 versions?
  • Oct 8, 2013
    dennis
    I don't agree. Here is my original post:

    I believe that is exactly what we are seeing. Is there a different but equally plausible theory?
  • Oct 8, 2013
    apacheguy
    To be fair, I think we have been very patient with them. I've had my car 1 year and am still waiting for sleep mode, a high priority fix that was promised to us a) mid-summer and then b) by the end of summer. Now we are looking at winter 2013. I gave up holding my breath a while ago, so my new hope is that I get it sometime before the end of year.
  • Oct 8, 2013
    dsm363
  • Oct 8, 2013
    tomas
    Who exactly promised it to you? From my experience tesla is careful not to promise software updates.
  • Oct 8, 2013
    markwj
  • Oct 8, 2013
    apacheguy
    I'm glad you asked.

    As well as directly from HQ ownership:

    Thanks Mark for those other references.
  • Oct 8, 2013
    dsmith2189
    Not to mention those cars that were delivered with a sleep mode which was taken away. (was that 4.0 or 4.1, it has been so long I can't remember.)
  • Oct 8, 2013
    riceuguy
    Let's remember that 4.5 (over the summer) dropped vampire drain by 33%, and they are dropping it much, much more in 5.0/5.6, so while the percentages don't match what they told you exactly, I think they nailed the spirit of it.
  • Oct 8, 2013
    apacheguy
    Really? 4.5 vampire drain is horrible for most of us and I certainly have not noticed a 1/3 reduction compared to 4.4 or 4.3. If there was some reduction in 4.5, this'll be the first I've heard of it.
  • Oct 8, 2013
    dsmith2189
    No difference in my vampire drain with 4.5.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    jerry33
    Same for me. No difference in 4.5.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    tomas
    Please let's reserve the term "horrible" for things that are truly horrible, and please don't extrapolate your concern to "most of us".

    I agree drain may be horrible for someone who perhaps has a daily commute on the fringe of battery range and has no charging facility on one end, therefore would have more reserve without drain. Or for someone who regularly wants to leave car parked for extended periods at airport or such.

    But for what I suspect is the "silent majority" on this topic -- those of us who generally drive within the car's range and plug in every night -- it is merely annoying at most, and irrelevant at least. Certainly not horrible.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    montgom626
    9 miles per day vampire loss with FW 4.5 is unacceptable. That is 3 kW loss per day. That is unacceptable. With a 60 kW battery, that is 5% loss per day. That is unacceptable.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    brianman
    unacceptable != horrible

    Unacceptable example: freeways with 5mph speed limit
    Horrible example: school zones with 100mph speed limit
  • Oct 9, 2013
    riceuguy
    Very odd...I park at the airport every week so I watch it like a hawk and mine has gone from consistently 12 miles/day (when full) to 8 miles/day (when full).
  • Oct 9, 2013
    SFOTurtle
    My vampire drain over the summer was approx 5 rated miles per day. I don't know whether to attribute that to warmer weather or firmware, but as the overnight temps now begin to drop into the low 50s consistently and until 5.0 is rolled out, should have more data to determine which.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    apacheguy
    Thanks for the correction. Let's rephrase it:

    4.5 vampire drain is unacceptable for most users that have reported their range losses on this forum and I certainly have not noticed a 1/3 reduction compared to 4.4 or 4.3.

    Edit: let's just be clear that the Model S is truly an amazing vehicle and I wouldn't want anything else. That's not to say that it can't be improved and I personally have been waiting quite some time (1 year) for a fix that reduces what I consider to be a serious flaw. I would've taken 5.0 a month ago and put up with an 11 second startup time and a 45 sec mobile app connection time, but hey that's just me.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    riceuguy
    As someone who parks at the airport a lot, I agree it is unacceptable, in principle. Would I trade my Tesla in for anything else because of it? Hell no. However, it does mean that for longer trips I can't take my car to the airport using the most convenient options (like airport valet parking). But I could plug in at the parking garage (using 110v), or at the off-airport lot which has chargers, so I would say it's not "horrible", and I'm certainly more than happy to wait till they get it right, but it is unacceptable in the long term.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    tomas
    I'm so glad you took my response reasonably... lotsa people on this forum launch if there's any disagreement.

    From my perspective, I plug in every night. My longer daily drives are about 230 miles, but typically under 100. I understand I may be spending about 50 cents per night to pay the vampire. I find that very mildly annoying, but certainly not my highest priority... in fact if 5.6 offers option, I'm likely to leave sleep mode off. I suspect that there are lots of others in same situation, and of course most of them would not bother posting because generally posts on this topic are from the people who find it unacceptable.

    Nonetheless, since a large sample have concern, I agree it is a priority for Tesla, and they seem to agree too. The fact that they've tried to roll sleep out twice is evidence. Unfortunately, it's about the most complex thing they could undertake, and each time there have been unforeseen issues. Looks like 3rd time is the charm.

    Just to show I'm not totally tolerant: What is horribly unacceptable to me is an iphone that won't stay charged all day.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    AlMc
    It is my understanding that the 5.0+ (5.6) allows for choosing 'sleep' mode (saves energy) OR 'old mode' (quick wake up/phone connect but more energy loss when not in use)
  • Oct 9, 2013
    SFOTurtle
    I have a loaner P85 with 5.0. This morning it took maybe 10-15 seconds for the car to turn on this morning to where I could put the car in reverse and back out of my garage. I may not have even noticed the delay other than having been so familiar with this thread.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    Gear
    For the record, I think it's more a percentage than a straight mileage loss between the two models. My 60 loses about 5 miles per day, not 9, which seems consistent with other 60 owners,
  • Oct 9, 2013
    mknox
    Really? I'm sill using a several year old iPhone 4 and have no problems at all getting through the day... even with the new iOS version that is supposed to be hard on battery life.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    CantaMia Ron
    I have Vin #14019 and am still have not got the new 5.0 yet.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    AlMc
    Very few people have. It is going through final beta testing and has not been rolled out for everyone.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    riceuguy
    Gear...you're lucky (or I'm unlucky)! I have a 60 and lose roughly 8 mi/day on 4.5, and was losing 10-12 on 4.4.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    coreym
    You're going to get your choice. I just got an update and went from 5.0 to 5.6 (1.45.32). I'm in the U.S., VIN 196XX and took delivery about a month ago. My car is one that has the GPS problems and I've written to ownership about them (e.g. Nav thinking I'm in the middle of a lake, headed the opposite direction on the highway or it spins), so maybe it's why I got the update pushed out already.

    Anyway, at first look, the only changes I've noticed are the ability to choose Energy Saving mode (on or off) and having the Owner's Manual available on screen. I'll see tomorrow if the update included the temporary fix on the GPS problems.

    10181585535_51c6ed60e1_c.jpg

    10181650566_43f9bae4a2.jpg

    10181647606_3d94037690.jpg
  • Oct 9, 2013
    gbdesai
    I'm picking mine up on Saturday, wonder if it'll have 5.6...
  • Oct 9, 2013
    dsmith2189
    I wish I only had 5 miles per day or even 9 miles per day. I've lost at least 12-14 miles per day for the last 10 months. (currently on 4.5)
  • Oct 9, 2013
    Akikiki
    dsmith, Patience Grasshopper. The great 5.0 will soon be here. Its in the stars.
  • Oct 9, 2013
    riceuguy
    Er, 5.6 you mean: Firmware 5.0 - Page 58
  • Oct 10, 2013
    dsmith2189
    This is the time of the year to write to the great pumpkin. On Halloween night the great pumpkin rises out of his pumpkin patch and flies through the air with his bag of toys for all the good little children everywhere.

    We will sit here in this pumpkin patch and you will see the Great pumpkin with your own eyes.
    Each year the great pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere. He�s got to pick this one, he�s got to. I don�t see how a pumpkin patch can be more sincere than this one.

    It�s that the great pumpkin rising out of the Pumpkin patch?

    Did I faint? What did he leave us? Did he leave us any toys? Version 5.0? 5.6?
  • Oct 10, 2013
    Mayhemm
    No.

    Sadly, he just left a pumpkin pie on your car's hood. :tongue:
  • Oct 10, 2013
    ZBB
    I also have a 60, and have monitored my car when parked during vacation and a business trip. It came with 4.5, and has had 3 variations of it.

    During vacation, it was home and plugged in, with the slider set to 50%. It would charge every other night to.top off the vampire losses. Since that charging was at 2 am it was hard to get an exact number for daily vampire loss, but I estimated between 6 and 8 miles lost each day.

    For the business trip, I parked at an off-airport lot that advertised 120v outlets for EV charging. But they had tied the outlets into the lighting timers, and for some reason my car never charged (the app just said to check charger power but did nothing when I tapped the start charging button when it was night time. So the car sat for a week without charging. Loss averaged 7.2 miles lost per day.
  • Oct 10, 2013
    AlMc
  • Oct 10, 2013
    SFOTurtle
    Unless I missed something, all of those posts that I saw were from people upgrading from 5.0 to 5.6, so still no news of anyone with 4.5 getting the upgrade. FWIW, my car was in service the past couple of days and I asked repeatedly to have 5.6 installed (currently on 4.5) to no avail.
  • Oct 10, 2013
    AlMc
    Correct...but, it does mean TM has settled on the 5.6 and is sending it out to other people than beta testers.
  • Oct 12, 2013
    gregincal
    They appear to be sending it to anybody who already has 5.
  • Oct 12, 2013
    AmpedRealtor
    Everyone who has 5.0 is a beta tester whether they know it or not.
  • Oct 12, 2013
    AlMc
    Correct, and I offer those people my thanks.:wink:
  • Oct 12, 2013
    Mayhemm
    So does 5.6 remedy the issue people were having with their GPS? Or does that require a separate visit to the service center?
  • Oct 12, 2013
    AlMc
    Good question: Seems that some people had it corrected with an over the air firmware fix while others reported a bad gyro that had to be replaced by a Service Center. It was not only a 5.0 firmware problem.
  • Oct 13, 2013
    Mayhemm
    So...clear as mud then :biggrin:

    Mod Request: Perhaps we should update the title of this thread to "Firmware 5.x"
  • Oct 13, 2013
    AlMc
    Yes, but not everyone with 5.0 had nav/mapping issues so I believe it was more of a gyro issue.
  • Oct 13, 2013
    Denarius

    There is a separate 5.6 thread.
  • Oct 14, 2013
    FlasherZ
    I did not have a nav issue with 5.0. I do not have a nav issue with 5.6.
  • Oct 14, 2013
    Lump
    v5.0 (1.35.102) since Sept 3rd without any issues.
  • Oct 14, 2013
    Veggen
    While I was on v5.0 (1.35.102) my GPS frequently acted up, spinning, showed my car beside the road, in the woods, etc.
    After upgrading to v5.6, it did spin for the first couple of minutes driving right after the update, but after that has been rock solid.
    I have not been at the service center so this is purely a FW upgrade.
  • Oct 14, 2013
    brianman
    Hm. I'm not sure what to make of this at a technical level.

    I'm very glad that it stabilized eventually though.
  • Oct 16, 2013
    Jack_L
    Received car on 9/20 with v.5.0 and have had no NAV issues that I am aware of. I have not been upgraded to 5.6 yet, but have not complained about any issues either. Only weird thing I am getting now is every few phone calls with bluetooth, I seem to have the radio playing in the background. It's really strange because it's not even the same station I am listening to at the time of the call. Anybody else have this?
  • Oct 16, 2013
    swegman
    Was at Rockville SC this morning and was told that FW 5.6 will begin rolling out to users next week.
  • Oct 16, 2013
    dirkhh
    Interesting - so they must be really happy with its stability. When I asked my source they told me "not before November"...
  • Oct 16, 2013
    AmpedRealtor
  • Oct 16, 2013
    loganss
    That's the same message I was given. Picked up my car and dropped the loaner off. I'm back to 4.5. I really miss the vampire drain fix, the Maps tweaks, and the radio station steering wheel button press to the next station.
  • Oct 17, 2013
    jomo25
    Sorry, but for clarity, you are 'back to 4.5� because the loaner had 5.0? Or was your car's firmware down-rev'd to 4.5 from 5.0?
  • Oct 17, 2013
    loganss
    no down rev. The loaner had 5.0 but my car had 4.5 and they weren't allowed to upgrade me to 5.X but told me it was coming OTA in a few weeks.
  • Oct 21, 2013
    SFOTurtle
    No reports of 5.0 or 5.6 being pushed out to users of 4.5?
  • Oct 21, 2013
    dirkhh
    Haven't seen any. And I do searches for anything that sounds like this... Every day...
  • Oct 21, 2013
    jcadman22
    I had a loaner with 5.0 (1.35.102) and I noticed a couple things that do not happen in my firmware 4.5 car. The My Tesla screen did not reflect the car's current state, that is open doors, brake lights, blinkers, etc. The other thing was cellular interference (crackling) coming through the speakers. I don't know if these things are attributable to the firmware version, but it's the main difference that I noticed.
  • Oct 21, 2013
    rdrcrmatt
    That is almost certainly NOT A firmware caused issue.

    I just had my touch screen replaced (service center had an oops) and now only since the new touch screen do I hear cell phone interference if my phone is in the cubby right below the touch screen.

    It didn't do this before :(
  • Oct 22, 2013
    jcadman22
    Oh that's not good! It sounds like the new touchscreens have less shielding to block the radio interference. I'm happy I got a screen protector to minimize the effect of "oops" now; it's all the more important to protect my "vintage" screen.
  • Oct 22, 2013
    Stoneymonster
    For what it's worth, I have this too and I have a "vintage" (Jan 2013) screen. I don't think it's coming from my phone though, I think it's from the car's 3G connection itself when it has low signal and drops to 2G.
  • Oct 22, 2013
    Jdcleary
    I'm on 4.5 and on rare occasions I hear this "crackling" noise coming through the speakers. (great way to describe it... when I had it in for service I didn't describe it well). I believe I have heard this even when there was no phone in the car so assumed it had nothing to do with my phone. Just heard it once in the last 3-4 weeks when sitting in the car doing some internet stuff while waiting for my wife.
  • Oct 22, 2013
    SFOTurtle
    Cuando, cuando, cuando, cuando.
  • Oct 22, 2013
    liuping
    2G does that to many speakers. Even if they are several feet away you can get busts of crackling noise.

    I drove me crazy when I had the original 2G iPhone.
  • Oct 22, 2013
    cinergi
    I get cellular interference from my phone on my October 2012 build so it's nothing new.
  • Oct 22, 2013
    Dogface
    I (also an Oct. 2012 build) have always got interference when my phone is too close to the screen. Cannot use the cubby shelf for my phone without the noise. It also occurs if my wife has her purse to the left side of her feet (with phone inside) when riding on the passenger side.
  • Oct 22, 2013
    Kraken
    My car is in for service due to a flat tire. While discussing jack mode, the tesla rep on the phone noted that I was on the "old" software (4.5 is what I have). While discussing a few other repairs, I said I couldn't think of anything else other than getting updated to the new software he mentioned. Knowing I was on 4.5, he asked if I had any GPS issues. I said "no, but I'll say yes if it gets me the new software". He said he would do his best. Maybe that's the trick for 4.5 users, say you have nav issues...


    now they are going to have a rash of 4.5 nav issues they can't explain, haha...
  • Oct 22, 2013
    apacheguy
    To me it seems like a no brainer. If TM is confident in a release (enough to include it on new deliveries) and an owner brings a vehicle into service and requests the update, there should be nothing preventing that from happening. I would think Tesla would prefer it that way because they wouldn't have to pay the data costs and they could ensure everything went smoothly during the update. I sure would love to talk to the guy in charge of software logistics at Tesla to understand their logic.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét