Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 11, 2016

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders? part 2

  • May 10, 2016
    wang5150
    So, it's not an engineering issue with 6/7 seats requiring SAS (since Canadian reservation holders are not offered this deal). And the "earlier" delivery is only about 1 month ahead of those sticking with coils.

    Still confused as to why it's required on the design studio except that's how new orders will have to be configured for higher price points.
  • May 10, 2016
    Diavel
    Spoke to inside sales today. The difference in price between a 5 seater and 6 seater is significant at this point. this air suspension requirement is pretty annoying. I told them If I don't get my X by July I will have to wait until September. I just want my X before August. If it fills to August I can't receive it until September so I may as well have stuck with the coil.

    Note- I was told I'll be receiving July. Not June -July. Looks like June is booked.

    I was told I have until Friday to decide. $1250 + $750 for tow package. I've never towed anything before and don't really have the need to. I wanted a luggage rack so I was thinking of doing the hitch accessory but now I'm thinking of just doing the full tow package.

    I was told the hitch accessory cannot tow anything. What should I do?
  • May 10, 2016
    captaintessie
    $550 is a good price to have the option to tow anything you want rather than just having an accessory hitch.

    I took the deal. It's less than 1% of the total cost of the MX.
  • May 10, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    Yes, it's only $550 if you already paid $200 for the accessory hitch like I did. I left the inside salesperson a voicemail that I would like to upgrade to SAS and full tow package, and to call me back with confirmation of my change.

    ...and then I started to second-guess my color selection...(sigh). I am still in love with Midnight Silver Metallic, even though I like the Blue and Obsidian as well (just not as much)..
  • May 10, 2016
    asdfasdf
    are we allowed to change color with the SAS change?
  • May 10, 2016
    BrianD
    I am in the same boat and am leaning towards just the accessory hitch. I have never towed anything and don't foresee myself doing so in the next 3 years (time I plan to have this version of the X). The only foreseeable need I have is a place to store luggage which the accessory hitch would provide. I also have a larger SUV that can tow should I find a need.

    Also, based on all of the comments it seems at least probable those that order the accessory hitch would receive the full tow package anyway - at least in the immediate future. I'm sure they could change any time though.

    Like you, I am still wanting to make sure I am not overlooking anything.
  • May 10, 2016
    MikeC
    Regarding the reason that air is being required for 6-7 seaters, my DS wrote this:

    "It is recommended so that the Model X can get the correct leveling when adding weight / passengers to the back seats. The vehicle should have a certain ride height and level for aerodynamic reasons."
  • May 10, 2016
    3mp_kwh
    It doesn't sound like "recommend" is what they're doing. They could always add more spring in a 6, or 7, passenger configuration.
  • May 10, 2016
    MikeC
    It's mandatory for new orders but recommended for those of us who already confirmed prior to the change.

    I don't know if adding more springs would help, but it makes sense to me that it is something that would need to be dynamic to adjust for differing weights that may be riding back there at a given time.
  • May 10, 2016
    beths11
    Really, what happens when a person with a coil Model S loads up the trunk with stuff? They are un-level? I ordered 5 seat, coil specifically because I want to carry "stuff" not people. Isn't that why most people would order 5 seats? So a 5 seat, coil loaded with stuff instead of people is going to be unbalanced. Oh come on, can't you design an SUV on coils? I think they are trying to pump out as much profit as they can and are taking advantage of people's inability to delay gratification. Repeatedly I've heard/read "Air suspension is expensive to fix and will break at some point." Count me in for Sept, Oct, Nov.......5 seats and coils, thanks for the free 75 upgrade, but deliver what you promised.
  • May 10, 2016
    captaintessie
    If that was the case they wouldn't discount it by 50%.
  • May 10, 2016
    Stasla
    Got the call from my DS too. I love a deal, and 1/2 price is attractive, but I'm just not buying the July delivery. Even my DS agreed that it's probably too aggressive, considering I'm on the East Coast and will most likely be August vs. October or so for coils...
  • May 10, 2016
    captaintessie
    My tesla sales rep said as early as June. I'm tempted to believer her since I really want the X NOW!!
  • May 10, 2016
    Stasla
    Well, seeing that you are on the left Coast, you could probably pick it up at the factory if you wanted to. It shaves quite a bit off the delivery lead times from what I hear.

  • May 10, 2016
    loganintx
    Just don't see that happening.
    I confirmed my car on March 28th and it will go into Production the week of May 23rd (or later) 1-2 weeks of build and QC and then 10 days to ship via rail/truck to Texas. That puts it at Mid June at the earliest. Just don't see them getting out any 75D models that fast unless they jump them into the queue ahead of 90D models that already have VINs and production slots.
  • May 10, 2016
    ssq
    When did you reserve and confirm?
  • May 10, 2016
    wang5150
    Doubt this also since Canadian reservation holders are not offered this deal. Perhaps the Canadians are not as heavy as us 'mericans.
  • May 10, 2016
    loganintx
    You know the first thing the Canucks are going to do is fold down the 3rd row and try to fit a moose in there or at least several cases of Molson
  • May 10, 2016
    captaintessie
    @ssq I put the deposit for my X in late 2013. It was confirmed/finalized 7 days after I took a test drive in Costa Mesa. 2/27.

    I have it scheduled for pickup at the factory. I plan on taking a road trip with the family. Fly to SJC airport, take a tour of the factory, get the X, drive to Sequoia or Yosemite, drive to Santa Barbara, then back to Los Angeles. We'll take it slow but should be lots of fun.

    It's a bonus since it's a one way trip which makes it more tolerable for my wife.
  • May 10, 2016
    wallstguy
    Don't forget...we're going to be parking it in our igloos as well!
  • May 10, 2016
    Diavel

    Please use reply when response nding to a specific post so we know who or what you are responding to.
    I suppose you are responding to the previous post from Beth in regards to tesla pumping out for profit and taking advantage of delayed gratification.

    The reasonable assumption here is that they are maximizing profits, perhaps increasing range by the aerodynamic claims (though very minimal perhaps) and streamlining the production as they (tesla) have been mired with delays and issues. So tesla would obviously prioritize the optioned out vehicles first and offer a discount to people that switch for mutual benefit purposes. It makes absolute sense but I may be wrong. If Canadian orders are still getting coil on 6 seat, then it's safe to say day the any any engineering issues.

    I mean c'mon, we can't build an suv with coil suspension on 6 seats? This is mainly a monetary/efficiency play here. If things don't go well, they can always offer coil again. Besides, who will do the repairs when the air suspension needs replacing after warranty? Really simple from an economical sense.
  • May 10, 2016
    Diavel

    Are you my twin? I went to that text drive 2/27 or 2/28 then confirmed. I'm also doing exactly what you are doing. Flying to sj with family, factory tour etc...

    At this point, I might as well go to Yosemite or Sequoia, then Santa Barbara before heading back to LA. Taking it slow and having fun to complete the doppelganger experience. What color X?

    Since we've established that were doppelgangers, I might as well go ahead on the full tow pkg only because you did it. Now I guess I should buy an unneeded trailer to tow stuff I never knew I needed to tow. Great!
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    That is impossible!
  • May 11, 2016
    Diavel
    What's impossible are the gold plated sunshades you're clamoring about.
    Here's a few suggestions for your search. modify as needed.

    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

    Sorry for spamming and derailing this thread. Just trying to throw humor at our collective Dilemma. I'd rather not get the air suspension but I'm giving in to the wait. I'm not going to get my vehicle in October at this point, LA gets too cold around that time.


    As a reminder!
    Friday seems to be an important day for Tesla regarding our situation. If you haven't gotten a call or email, best contact the inside sales team and ask for the group doing the campaigns as previously noted.
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    You forgot the hornshade
  • May 11, 2016
    LAN1017
    FYI - My neighbor put in a reservation several years ago and confirmed in January for a 75d, 6 seater. She rec'd a call a few days ago from Tesla indicating that is she ungraded to the air suspension (for $1200, which is discounted because I believe it was $2500?), then she could deliver in June-July, rather than the end of the year.
  • May 11, 2016
    wang5150
    Yes, they ran a similar campaign for 75D orders to pay to upgrade to 90D to get delivery in April and none of them got delivery yet. So, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on earlier delivery date.

    I, too, reserved mine over 2 years ago. I got the same call yesterday and told Peter that I can wait another few more months and thanked him for contacting me.
  • May 11, 2016
    Stasla
    Pulled the trigger.... wish me luck.
  • May 11, 2016
    ssq
    I still have not received the call. I called by DS yesterday to ask what's going on, will call Inside sales today. On a side note between the air suspension, electrical panel upgrade (no compatible breaker, complete SOL) garage modifications(can be avoided I think) I am already looking at a $5k added cost to get the X.
  • May 11, 2016
    Stasla
    I got quoted $4200 by an electrician to upgrade from 100 to 200AMP panel and run a line to the driveway. Not including refinishing the walls, etc. :eek:

    Gonna see if I can get by with a NEMA 6-20 that the pool pump is currently using to avoid shelling out another $5k for electrical work. I don't drive that much daily...

  • May 11, 2016
    Brandon332
    Has anyone had their Design Spec on the myTesla page updated yet to show the $1250? Mine has not :(
  • May 11, 2016
    mlouie23
    I'm not expecting updates till next week. My DS did say it'll take a few days. Sounds like some people had till Friday to make a decision, and then I'm hoping for the folks who did opt in, Tesla will then batch and queue us up for production timelines (wishful thinking for target dates to begin production) as well as queue /batch up the updates in MyTesla.
  • May 11, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    Don't forget after after-market additions like paint protection...a full wrap is about 5k in Texas!

    The inside sales rep I spoke with today said they ARE gong to build 6 and 7-seat coil X's.

    I keep going back And forth...but so many people have good things to say about the SAS that I will most likely go with it. She also said the SAS is covered under the warranty.

    She also did confirm the car will come with the sunshade installed...
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    So the newer cars will get a factory installed sunshade? I want that on mine
  • May 11, 2016
    Diavel

    Oh of course it's covered under warranty. Though these things break AFTER warranty. I had a lexus gx470 and suspension broke after warranty. They all break eventually.

    One thing good about the SAS is the kneeling feature which is good for the elderly and children getting in and out. The small wow factor and the option of better handling and performance when set to low. $1250 is a good price if you really want it.

    I'm doing full tow and SAS. I blew past my budget of $55,000 for a new vehicle a long time ago.

    My opinion is if you are keeping it until after warranty, add extended warranty to your budget ($4000 on the S). Air suspension often breaks between 7-11 years (no facts, sorry).

    If you can wait and don't care about air and it's perceived benefits, the coil will give you security so extended warranty is not needed (though the electric seats and fwd is a concern). This will save a lot of money immediately and down the road. If Tesla does not include coil in future 6 seat configuration, then coiled X's may even hold its value better in the future.

    If budget is tight, perhaps deleting autopilot for the meantime and having the ability on doing it in the future is better. I'm not doing autopilot. I love driving way too much and enjoy the carpool lane to have the need to do autopilot. Also only doing the wrap on sensitive areas like the front end of vehicle and back of seats will further lessen the expense.

    Foreseeable expense
    SAS- 1250
    Tow- 750
    Hitch- 250 (200?)
    Ext. Warr- $4000
    Wrap and ceramic coat- $2500-$7500
    Window Tint- 250-700
    sunshade- priceless

    Though I'm starting to wonder where I can drive this thing... The FWD really attracts attention and may be a little too ostentatious even here in LA.
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    You forgot to add the sunshade under your "forseeable expense" plus the annual inspection for it and extended warranty.

    Can the car still be driven once the SAS goes bad?
  • May 11, 2016
    Diavel
    Yes it should but it will be at low setting and will keep bottoming out creating a painful jarring ride and potentially dangerous situation. At least in my experience, I could not drive fast as quick maneuvers can be dangerous on it. If air suspension goes bad, you want it fixed.

    Annual service is not required to my understanding and is a given along with tires and electricity cost. I've edited the foreseeable expense to include the sunshade.
  • May 11, 2016
    captaintessie
    Yeah...I hit the quote button once before and messed everything up...Now I get how this reply thing works so thanks.

    Too funny about our similar trips. I'm hoping we get the call sooner and we are one of the first 75D pickups since we are getting them at the factory. Maybe we'll run into each other.

    Too bad you aren't getting autopilot. The new "Tesla Tether" allows for us to drive bumper to bumper as long as the 2 autopilots are talking. Saves on electrons since the back one is "drafting" the whole time!! HAHA

    Here is my specs:
    75D (original 70D of course) SAS (with discount) PUP (cuz I'm lazy about opening my own doors) tow package (eh...what's $550 for something I don't need now but maybe do later but doubt it) Autopilot (sooooo much fun, but you can download it later without paying taxes on it for the life of the car so why not) 6 seats (nice and roomy) Figured ash d�cor (looked nice on the one we test drove) Tan interior (my wife was tired of always getting black...I really wanted white but got vetoed) Black headliner (less likely to get stained by kids fingers, 22" turbine (the look is amazing. Saved $1000 by ordering early) hmmmmmmm...what did I miss?
  • May 11, 2016
    erebay
    I called Tesla corporate and upgraded my 75D to Air suspension. My order should be updated on the website within 2 weeks according to them.

    I also got to change my vehicle to black (from white), ultra white seats (from multi-pattern), black headliner (from light) without the $500 change fee.

    The way I see it, I get 50% off air suspension, got to change a bunch of stuff sans $500 fee, and hopefully get my car sooner in the summer (for 2 road trips with the family). I'd rather take summer trips in the Tesla than my current Suburban that gets 12-14 MPG so I'll also save on gas and CO2 emissions. I didn't need the tow package so I didn't add it. I'd rather tow in my Suburban.

    Win-win situation.

    Thanks everybody for the informative posts. I wouldn't have known about this otherwise.
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    For somereason I thought when SAS goes bad it turns into coil suspension. By anayways I plan on purchasing the extended 4 years warranty. I believe that can be purchased anytime before the included warranty expires (so like 4 years from now)?

    I am gonna get my sunshade insured, I hope my insurance company doesn't charge a premium
  • May 11, 2016
    Brandon332
    @K-MTG everyone always jokes/comments about this "sunshade" but I'm newer to the forums and can't fully figure out what everyone jokes about. Just curious what it's all about, can you fill me in captain? :)
  • May 11, 2016
    fengshui
    I got the call from my DS just now and was able to add Air and the Towing Package for a flat $2k. Production team gave an estimate of July for factory delivery. I originally confirmed my reservation on December 9th, and was hoping to squeak into a June delivery, but it sounds like that's not going to happen. At this point, I don't expect any 75D deliveries in Q2.
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    Well it began shortly after the Model X reveal where Elon brought up the panoramic windshield. I for one questioned the tint level of this windshield and posted on both forums, here and Tesla's own forum (which I rarely check as I perfect the ease of use on TMC). This was perhaps my first post on TMC! So I continued to request insight regarding the need for a sunshade and eventually received a response from Elon stating that a sunshade would be provided with each car. As deliveries began to occur, I began to ask those who took delivery (it goes something like this) "Congrats! Did you get a sunshade? Is the tint on the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD adequate?". So overtime I began to pursue my mission in asking this question and soon several forum members began to recognize my <Insert Verb> for sunshades. From their onwards @ohmman bestowed my title as "Captain Sunshade" and the name has become a part of my identity, my soul, MyTesla.

    I patiently await for my X but more importantly my sunshade. Tesla initially provided a small batch of owners with a sunshade but are now redesigning a sunshade so I hope to receive my sunshade soon!
  • May 11, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    "We can get you a Vin once you are assigned a production slot. It would only be a couple of weeks from now if you�re adding smart air."

    So says the inside sales person....SAS appears to be a sound investment at this point for $1,250.
  • May 11, 2016
    tropical1
    My DS sent me offer, said I would be getting a call. He said delivery if we upgrade would be July or August, coils would be September. Still trying to decide, not in a major hurry as we got a used model s, but towing would be nice.
  • May 11, 2016
    wang5150
    I'm waiting for the memory foam option instead of coils... seriously, I hope everyone gets their Model Xs this summer/fall. I'd love to see one of you drive by with the one wing up salute.

    I'd love to start reading posts about how everyone is now enjoying their 75Ds and laugh about when we were all worried about VIN assignments and ha, that sunshade.
  • May 11, 2016
    captaintessie
    I went through the same thing with my MS. As soon as you get the car you're too busy to even visit the message boards. Too busy reading the manual, playing with the car, messing around with all the cool features, etc. etc. It's like Christmas when you were a kid. Doesn't happen that much when you're an adult so enjoy.
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    Once I get my sunshade I will be offline for a while
  • May 11, 2016
    Brandon332
    @DuplexDianne was the "couple of weeks" referring to when the production slot would be assigned or the production itself?
  • May 11, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    I think she was referring to being "assigned" a production slot...not actually going into production. So in a couple of weeks, I would at least know my expected delivery timeframe at that point. At least, that's how I interpreted it, LOL.
  • May 11, 2016
    ssq
    I still have not been called. I did go to test drive the X today and checked out SAS. While I still have no need for it I will get it given the price and the possible "shabang" effect plus improved handling n efficiency at low settings.
  • May 11, 2016
    Diavel
    Are you doing the hitch and tow? Remember that storage isn't that much with all seats being used. Go call the inside sales team.
  • May 11, 2016
    Diavel
    You missed what I asked... The color of your X ;)
  • May 11, 2016
    ssq
    Yes that's the plan, the whole enchilada! I did have tow hitch on my original order though. With SAS added it should be an additional $750 right?
  • May 11, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    It would be 1,250+550=1,800
  • May 11, 2016
    wang5150
    @ssq The tow hitch is $750 but if you "paid" the accessory hitch, then that's $200 off the $750 which is the math that @DuplexDianne is showing above.

    Some of us got the accessory hitch for free when we confirmed our early reservations so not sure if that applies in your case.
  • May 11, 2016
    captaintessie
    HAHA...I know.

    BLACK!!! (not the sparkly one...just the regular BLACK)

    I told myself I would never own a black car after my Acura about 4 years ago.....oh well. It just looks so sleek when it's clean. Probably going to have to get that Opti-Coat people talk about or pay for a weekly clean service. Not sure yet.

    How about you. Whatcha got? If it's black I'm going to wonder if you're just my split personality posting online!
  • May 11, 2016
    captaintessie
    Out of all the free or discounted stuff I got...that's the one I missed!!! DANGIT!!

    $1,000 off the 22" turbines
    1/2 off the SAS
    Free 75D upgrade
    Ability to get the tow package

    Overall...not bad. But that $200 loss is going to haunt me!!
  • May 11, 2016
    woof
    So...for those that changed from coil to SAS to get expedited delivery...what will you do if the delivery doesn't actually occur in June/July?
  • May 11, 2016
    ohmman
    Time to reference bridges and when to cross them.
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    What can you do?...Nothing!
  • May 11, 2016
    Diavel


    75d gratis / white interior (wife was vetoed, we have black interior on everything)/
    black headliner (wanted a unique experience and we have tan headliner on the S so we opted for everything black but the seats/
    -6 seats/
    -sas/
    -tow pkg
    -20" wheels I intend on ulgrading later buying used 22" from someone who realizes it's more work than needed. That way I can have two sets of wheels with my 20s free.
    -upgraded carbon ceramic loofah textured sunshade.

    I'm going to do the opticoat but will definitely do the wrap at least on the front. I might try to do the opticoat in my garage as I like DIY jobs sometimes.

    What did I forget? Hmm... Oh yes the X color is flat blayeah and not the obsidian black. I have a black model S so I wanted to keep with the program.

    Maybe I have Dissociative identity disorder and this whole thread is all just me. Perhaps I ordered multiple X's too.
  • May 11, 2016
    wang5150
    Yep, there's already a post on Tesla forum about another delay. A reservation order was expecting 5/23 delivery last week and was inform of the following from his DS today:

    "I wanted to let you know that we have experienced a shift in production of all Model X. We will be producing the car in the second week of June. Delivery is predicted for the end of June."

    Yes, I had to re-read that twice... it says "shift" and not the other word you were thinking of.
  • May 11, 2016
    Diavel
    I would be very upset as I told my DS at factory I cannot accept delivery past July. My wife will be back from vacation mid September so I will be receiving it then. If that's the case, I'll be very upset
  • May 11, 2016
    captaintessie
    "Dissociative identity disorder" That sounds like something I've been diagnosed with.......
  • May 11, 2016
    captaintessie
    I'd be bummed out...but I kinda wanted the tow package and SAS. I just didn't want to pay the price.

    Everyday past today that I don't have the X....well you know.
  • May 11, 2016
    fengshui
    Same boat here. I wanted towing, but not at the original $3,250 price. At $2,000 it's better, and I would enjoy it more in summer over fall.
  • May 11, 2016
    Diavel

    I snickered on that one as I also didn't want to add it because I didn't want to pay the price. The only thing I'm praying for is the auto leveling spoiler. If I get that I'm a happy man.

    I have the upgraded sound and air suspension on my S and love it. Didn't opt for the air suspension on the X but at half off, I can't resist, I certainly want MECHATTS Darth Oreo To kneel before I get in.
  • May 11, 2016
    ssq
    I was told today at the test drive that the 75D will have an active spoiler that goes UP/Down and nothing in between (the 90D and performance ones perhaps have another 45 degree position at high speeds). This was a store Rep so take this with a grain of salt. As expected, we Tesla-cult-O-bros know orders of magnitudes more than any Tesla staff. I was able to demo her a dozen things she did not know and call out every easter egg feature before she even started showing them (plus show her rainbow cowbells).
    I don't have my car and have only test driven the X twice....
    In other words, I don't have a life..:(

    I did not opt for upgraded sound although I love music. My collection is an aging set of songs burnt when I was in college plus I listen to radio(NPR) so I thought it's not worth the extra cost.
  • May 11, 2016
    ssq
    I will cry like a kid without a candy, complain about the boo-boo Tesla gave me to Musk on Twitter and then whine about it for days here on TMC and keep you all company.
  • May 11, 2016
    K-MTG
    I did exactly that with the 90D and he responded but it is unfortunate it has to come down to that. Moreover I got another delay shortly after his response.
  • May 12, 2016
    AZ Desert Driver
    ok guys...18 pages of comments and I still need answer to --.>. "do I buy air or not?" don't have but two of us, not in need of 7 seats. home turf is flat, but don't plan on staying home for next 10 years.
  • May 12, 2016
    halg
    I thought by now everyone should already familiar with this. this is what Tesla do, they always delay delivery dates.

    Upgrade to SAS and you will get the car early?! I can't believe you guys fall for that crap. that's what they told those poor people who upgraded from 70D to 90D, how many of those people get the car? If you really wanted SAS but can't "justify" the price then, now is a good time, go for it. but if you just want an early delivery I don't think Tesla is gonna keep their promise.

    My point is: if you need SAS go for it. If you don't need it don't pay for it for an early delivery, don't give your hard earned money to someone that has a record of can't keep his promises.
  • May 12, 2016
    Poiuy09
    Wait.
  • May 12, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    Patience young Grasshoppers...
  • May 12, 2016
    wang5150
    You would need to test-drive a Model S with coils and another one with SAS so you can judge for yourself. Some of us prefer the coil ride characteristics and others worry about potential repairs. But SAS will be very handy if you've got high graded driveways or want a more comfortable ride on the highways.
  • May 12, 2016
    Brandon332
    I don't understand how the Tesla website can have June delivery for new 90 orders and July delivery for 75 orders if production slots until mid June are all taken wth delivery by the end. Someone on another forum also said they car was supposed to be produced at the end of May then was shifted 3 weeks until the middle of June. This may be wishful thinking, but do you think it's possible that they are shifting to accommodate us at least partly for delivery pusposes? I just don't get how a delivery date of June for new orders is still possible if people who already have VINs are already getting pushed to mid June for production and end of June delivery...

    If I was Tesla and Elon I'd want to make and deliver as many before end of quarter, which (if you have all the 75D in the queue) would mean producing 75Ds and 90D's slated for the East coast first, that way they get there before end of June quarter, then finish the West coast ones before June 30 to have those delivered also because they dont have far to travel. So if there are a few thousand people left with 90's, maybe they are pushing the West coast 90's back to mid June? Do you think there could be a partial shift to make this model? (Ignoring the fact that I may be biased because I'm an East coast 75D, but it really would make sense.....)
  • May 12, 2016
    AZ Desert Driver
    just a wild guess...there is a supplier that has a box of fritenjammers past due. Tesla has a bunch of cars waiting on this part and all will be done quickly upon arrival of that box.
  • May 12, 2016
    fengshui
    Yeah, that's my thought. They're stacking up cars that are all ready save that one item, and when they come in it will be a mad rush to install said part, test, and then ship off to customers (or deliver at the factory.)
  • May 12, 2016
    tropical1
    Got call. I upgraded, I think it was worth it to get SAS and tow package for $2000 given that SAS alone was $2500. I had an original order where the accessory hitch was free. Was told probably July/August delivery and production line was optimized for SAS. You never know when you may need to tow a trailer or need heavy duty hitch.
  • May 12, 2016
    DuplexDianne
    So I checked out the SAS on the X at the local gallery today. I hadn't looked into before, so I wanted to see if for myself before finalizing my decision to upgrade...I also checked out the autopark/parallel park feature...this was my 3rd test drive. Really should have a checklist with me, LOL.

    You can really tell the difference between the lowest level setting and the highest level. There is a marked difference in the height. Seems like more than two inches...which is a figure I recall seeing in another post. The lowest setting almost feels like getting into the S.

    I asked him about whether the spoiler on the 75D was an active spoiler or not. He said they just had a meeting where they discussed it. It will be either up or down, and it will not speed adjust. Earlier cars may have had this feature (fixable with software??) but going forward they will not. It has something to do with the 3rd brake light needing to be at a certain height at all times. Makes sense.

    So I will be calling inside sales to finalize my upgrade. No more hemming and hawing. Biting the bullet. What's another $1,800 in the big scheme of things.
  • May 12, 2016
    Brandon332
    @tropical1 what's your Model X configuration? Premium package etc? I'm just wondering because everyone else has been told June/July or just July delivery even for east coast... Doesn't seem fair to you.....
  • May 12, 2016
    hdrams
    Mine has not been updated.
  • May 12, 2016
    ssq
    I made the call and I was about to get the call the same day(per the rep). I am upgrading to SAS and Towing package too (had tow hitch in original order). I am also changing my exterior color and interior trim and possibly the charger to 72 Amp.
    They are pretty confident of meeting the July delivery post this change.
  • May 13, 2016
    gfb107
    They called and left a message yesterday, but we didn't get it until it was too late to call back. I will be calling later today, but I still haven't decided what to do.
  • May 13, 2016
    felddy
    I just got the call from "Michael" at Tesla. Did the SAS upgrade and switch from accessory hitch to the tow package for $1,800. He didn't need a decision from me until next Wednesday, but I committed on the call.

    I was told to expect delivery in July. I reminded him that I am on the East Coast (Maryland), and he reiterated that it would still be a July delivery.

    I asked when to expect a VIN assignment, and he directed me to my DS to answer that question.

    He said the the order agreement will be updated next week.

    My reasons I accepted the charge and order change are:
    - I do a lot of home improvement work myself, I and towing construction materials in a rented trailer will be easier than renting an entire truck.
    -
    - I reserved in 2014 in preparation for the arrival of our third child in 2016 and the outgrowth of our current Prius. Child three will be here next week.
  • May 13, 2016
    felddy
    I missed reason two when I went back to grab Ohmann's username and posted pre-maturely:
    • I agree with Ohmman's reasoning about the increased value of the vehicle with the tow package at this price point.
    • In for a penny, in for a pound.
  • May 13, 2016
    Brandon332
    @felddy thanks for the info. Just wondering, what's your car configuration? Premium package etc? Yay at least it's not September :)
  • May 13, 2016
    S85D
    I have considered ordering a MX90D but since Tesla has made the Air Suspension standard, I will not order it unless they put the standard suspension on it. I will not want to pay the extra $2,500 for an option I do not want. When Air Suspension fails can be VERY expensive to repair. I currently have a MS85D without Air Suspension and I am very satisfied with it.
  • May 13, 2016
    felddy
    I'd put my order info in my sig, but I guess I'm not allowed until I spam a certain number of posts out:

    It was:
    Model X 75D, 7-Seat, Auto-pilot, Premium Upgrade Package, Coil Suspension, Accessory Hitch, ...

    Changed to:
    Model X 75D, 7-Seat, Auto-pilot, Premium Upgrade Package, Smart Air Suspension, Towing Package ...
  • May 13, 2016
    wang5150
    Congratulations!
  • May 13, 2016
    felddy
    Thanks! We're naming him Elon... Just kidding. It's Nikola... ;)
  • May 13, 2016
    Stasla
    Wishing you 2 very smooth deliveries!

  • May 13, 2016
    BrianD
    I'm right there with you - 3rd is due June 22nd. My wife gives me the eyes every time I tell someone with excitement that my baby might be here as early as June....she chimes in "he's talking about his car". I suppose it is a bit sad I show more excitement about the X, but hey, I'll have 3 girls shortly, a guy's gotta have something with even a hint of masculinity to look forward to.
  • May 13, 2016
    ssq
    I just locked in my changes. SAS+ towing package, Matte Obeche (from dark ash, it looked exactly like piano black in person, no likey), TitanoX RIP (Titanium=> Midnight silver metallic).
  • May 13, 2016
    Tgibson
    I just spoke with Tesla inside sales. I called to discuss making a few additional changes to the SAS I added on Monday. During the conversation, my contacted indicated that they are finalizing 75D configurations that have changed to SAS today. I should expect to see it hit my design spec by next Friday although internally the change will be considered final. They expect to start assigning VINs soon with 75D production beginning in a couple of weeks and first deliveries of July. Not sure how accurate this information is but I probed and the person seem confident in their information.
  • May 13, 2016
    halg

    what does your DS say about the VIN assignment?
  • May 13, 2016
    felddy
    I haven't heard back from him yet. I'll let you know what he says. I'm expecting a non-answer.
  • May 13, 2016
    BrianD
    For anyone considering 'other' changes along with SAS upgrade - they were able to give me what the original price would have been at the time of order. I first saw this when I added 72amp and it priced at $1,000 instead of the new $1,500. I also just added the accessory hitch and it was $0 instead of $200. Not sure this helps anyone but thought I would share.

    On an unrelated note I just noticed design studio states the 72amp can be enabled after delivery for $1,900. I might have left it off as I got it 'just in case' anyway. Oh well.
  • May 13, 2016
    wallstguy
    Got the call! I guess as of Today Canadian Model X's are getting the same offer $1750 CAD instead of $3500 for the SAS

    Asked about these, but they were showing up at full price ($300 CAD for the accessories hitch)
  • May 13, 2016
    blueinsofla
    I'll echo the experience others here have stated...received a voicemail from Inside Sales last night, called back after they were gone for the evening, and then received another call around midday today. I was given the same spiel and once he told me that my coil suspension 75D would not arrive before September at the earliest and upgrading to SAS would get my wife's X in the driveway sometime in July, I did not hesitate to accept the offer. We have our first child on the way in the Fall and I want my wife to feel safe and comfortable in the vehicle before she starts driving our little dude around town. I just hope they can deliver this in July, or else there will be a lot of disappointed people - I'm as patient as they come, but don't believe for a second that we would have our X with coil suspension before Q4. I'll pay the premium this time around even though I've had no issues with my coil suspension Model S.
  • May 14, 2016
    Merrill
    I'm thinking of changing from a 5 seat configuration to a 6 and wondering who I should contact to make the change.
  • May 14, 2016
    captaintessie
    Call inside sales
    (888) 518-3752 option #2

    FYI....looks like the 5 seat and 6 seat coil will probably be produced at the same time
  • May 14, 2016
    wang5150
    ... and delivered before 2017?
  • May 14, 2016
    ssq
    I was told the coil variants will be slotted from September onwards, but I have an inkling they will be down to so few coil variants they may try again to coax people to move to SAS for even less money or even for free
  • May 14, 2016
    ssq
    Few more data point from my discussions yesterday while changing to SAS
    - mytesla spec changes will be reflected sometime next week
    - July is a confident delivery estimate. I probed on this with scepticism and allegations of too many skips and promises broken. I was told production queueing will commence in two weeks from now.
  • May 14, 2016
    captaintessie
    @ssq. I'm holding you accountable if the production queuing doesn't begin by the 28th of this month!

    I'm getting obsessive about this dang X now that we're all getting closer. I don't know how much more I can take!!! Help!!!
  • May 14, 2016
    ssq
    ermmm.. *takes gun out and puts on head*
    Disclaimer: production queue can be formed and then.... another queue can be formed with more 90Ds... and the first queue will "ramp up significantly" after a small delay but with great results.. to meet Tesla's yearly guidance but at the end of Q4.**
    ** these are forward looking statements and actual results may materially vary.
    I was in your state of mind and then I reached a state when I gave up and stopped counting days. I do continue my fix by watching videos, spending time here and going to check out the X (3 x tesla showroom, 3x SC)
  • May 14, 2016
    Tgibson
    I had a very similar conversation with inside sales yesterday. My contact said 75D production would begin in about two weeks with first deliveries late June/July. I challenged her statements multiple times and she held firm and sounded confident in her information. After test driving the car for the first time yesterday, I can't wait for delivery. I was blown away by the driving experience of the X.
  • May 14, 2016
    captaintessie
    I will second the info you received in regards to June/July delivery.

    Full disclosure. The sales repalso said I couldn't add the tow package and also said the hitch would be the only one that could carry a bike rack.
    Hard to take anything said from them seriously.
  • May 14, 2016
    avigutman
    Did anyone try to upgrade to 90D with the half price SAS?
  • May 14, 2016
    wallstguy
    The 90D comes with free SAS? Is that a trick question? lol
  • May 14, 2016
    avigutman
    Yeah so I was wondering if one could do that and essentialy save $1,250 on the 90D
  • May 14, 2016
    MikeC
    I don't see why not, they said we could add any option without the change fee. I might be more tempted to do it if I wasn't already getting the 75 for the price of the 70.
  • May 14, 2016
    ssq
    Another thing I remembered from the inside sales chat regarding SAS. I took two days and three calls to finalize, so I had asked if the people who confirmed SAS go ahead of me in production although I might have an earlier reservation. The answer is yes they will theoretically [sic] speaking. But it shouldn't matter much in the end as hundreds of Xs would be made every week.
  • May 14, 2016
    captaintessie
    I don't see how that would be possible. The 90D doesn't have a cost for SAS so how would or could you get it discounted?
  • May 14, 2016
    MikeC
    The 90D was $10k with required $2500 air suspension, originally. For those of us getting air for $1250, why wouldn't we be able to add on the 90 kWh option for $10k? Just like a lot of us are adding on the tow package for $750, which also required air suspension.
  • May 14, 2016
    loganintx
    Because the 90kWh battery is NOT a $10k option. The 90kWh Model X has a base price of $95,500.
    You can't order a 75D and click a checkbox with a price tag of $10k to make it a 90kWh car.
  • May 14, 2016
    wang5150
    Maybe that's why the sales campaign started with asking 75D to upgrade to 90D first... then, the second round of the sales campaign looped back to 75D with coils to upgrade to SAS. I believe there was also a parallel campaign to get 5 seat configurations to upgrade to 6/7 for earlier delivery.
  • May 14, 2016
    MikeC
    If air suspension is already selected, the 75D price shows $85,500. Click 90D and the price goes to $95,500.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét