Thứ Năm, 29 tháng 12, 2016

Model S Tour (Stores) part 2

  • May 5, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Haha first time I read that I thought you sat inside and cried
  • May 5, 2012
    jcstp
    It evolves beautifully
    can't wait to see one in real! ;-)
  • May 5, 2012
    spatterso911
    @AnOutsider I cried deep down inside. It's that good!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • May 5, 2012
    bonnie
    Mod note: Posts about Model S Charge modes were moved to here.
  • May 5, 2012
    dsm363
    Thanks. The Houston store does have two HPCs that work and roped off area to park as well. Do all the stores have this (anyone know about Oakbrook, IL)?
  • May 5, 2012
    Norbert
    Thanks for posting the photos! Also interesting would be a complete side view of the white Model S with dark-gray turbine wheels...
  • May 5, 2012
    smoothoperator
    interesting...I was considering getting the red but thought it looked to maroon in pictures....will check it out and may go with red if it is as spectacular as you say.
  • May 5, 2012
    brianman
    Powertrain Problem
    Car Is In Limp Mode


    I guess this is the "out of juice, about to be bricked" experience. You would think after the bricking blog drama they'd avoid letting a store vehicle's battery drain that low.
  • May 5, 2012
    dsm363
    Some of these showroom betas don't even have the battery pack installed the and are just siting in the store as a demo model to show off screen and interface.
  • May 5, 2012
    brianman
    I'm not worried about it from a tech perspective, just PR.
  • May 5, 2012
    dadaleus
    I was under the impression it had been disabled. Probably so no one cause cause an incident in the middle of a mall.
  • May 5, 2012
    dadaleus
    I as been worried I would be unhappy with my choice of red, but was completely reassured after my visit last night. It's really generous and I think it's much more interesting than the other sig colors IMHO.
  • May 5, 2012
    dadaleus
    Interesting... I was assured by several people that it is a factory car, and the only one of the four that is.

    I agree. It seemed matte whereas in the Roadster it's very glossy.

    It's hard to tell in these pics but here you go anyway:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336259762.505991.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336259780.280704.jpg
  • May 5, 2012
    Blurry_Eyed
    I would agree with Spatterson911, the red in person is just beautiful. The online design center doesn't do justice to how nice the Signature red looks in person. The Signature red also looks great at night as I've seen it up close during the wee hours of the morning when it was loaded in at the Bellevue Square store.
  • May 5, 2012
    dadaleus
    Much better pics than my iPhone shots!

    Great news about the fob! The rep I happened to be sitting in the car with at that moment was very enthusiastic but didn't know any details about it. I was confused by the lack of apparent buttons so this makes more sense.

    The lock makes an identical sound to the Roadster in fact! I was surprised that you actually have to push the handle a bit--I thought it would be contact sensitive but it's actually pressure-sensitive. Inversely the door unlock action only requires a touch to the inside of the handle--that action is contact sensitive... No pulling required to unlock, but of course you do need to pull the door open.
  • May 5, 2012
    dadaleus


    Furthermore (to my earlier post) the car is actually plugged into a 110v. I started turning up the amps to see how high it allowed and the rep made me stop since its on an extension cord.
  • May 5, 2012
    NigelM
    It's been mentioned and confirmed in other places that the display cars don'y have a powertrain installed. They're not meant to be driven....

    Note: in a couple of places, like FL, we have Beta's that were used for the October event etc. and have been recycled to be a display car but their powertrain is still installed. They are, however, generally not road legal due to a lack of airbags and working seatbelts.
  • May 5, 2012
    dadaleus
    Not pano, but I have this pretty poor video of the handle. It's from very close because I'm both filming and working the handle.
    i-vRsghh7-L.jpg
  • May 6, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Thanks for that. That guy's greatness is forever immortalized in your video :wink:

    Also, anyone get some full body shots of the white perf by chance?
  • May 6, 2012
    DrComputer
    That sounds like Michael from the LA store discussing his greatness.
  • May 6, 2012
    dadaleus
    I believe you're right. Background conversation. I'm the one saying 'that's cool.'
  • May 6, 2012
    drbradfo
    Every video about the Model S should have background voice stating "I embrace my greatness! I do." That way we know if it's an authentic TMC video.
  • May 6, 2012
    Norbert
    In the video, one can see only a little bit that when moving the hand into the handle, the door will already pop open an inch or two (not just release the door for manual movement). At least that's what it did in my case.
  • May 6, 2012
    dadaleus
    It could be Tesla's slogan: "Embrace your greatness: Drive a Tesla!"

    Yes, it does that consistently. That's what made me say "Cool!" It sounds like it's the same lock mechanism as the roadster, but no button push is required. I believe it's a contact sensor: You have to touch the handle, but barely.
  • May 6, 2012
    Bound466
    Just came back from Fashion Island. The white performance model was the newest beta there, and "fit and finish" is coming along nicely. Here you go Outsider, some full body shots below.

    Three angles of view:
    ModelS_Perf #1.jpg
    ModelS_Perf #2.jpg
    ModelS_Perf #5.jpg

    Someone may have already posted a close-up of the Perf rims mounted on the S, but just in case I'll throw this one in.
    ModelS_Perf #4.jpg

    And here's a photo of my oldest daughter, so impressed with seeing the Model S in person, she decided to sign up for her own reservation. Thank goodness I caught her in time to stop her - we just need one reservation in our family right now :biggrin:.
    Elena-Signing.jpg
  • May 6, 2012
    Tommy
    A big thanks to everyone posting pictures of the cars at the event; I attended in person and missed some of the details you guys caught on camera and video. It's very much appreciated as it adds perspective from many more sets of eyeballs at the event. For those that did attend, if you entered via the parking lot the Tesla store is on, you noticed some construction work being done in said lot. Purely speculation on my part, however I believe some additional EV charging stations are going to be installed. I base this on a conversation I had with a security guard on duty at the mall. My rumor for the day.:smile:
  • May 6, 2012
    Bound466
    Awesome. We were wondering what was going on when we saw that. I hadn't noticed the construction a couple weeks ago when I was there, but that location would be perfect - fairly close to the valet station.

    It's all coming together now... :cool:
  • May 6, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Thanks Bound! Def needed to see that. I think the perf wheels on the white are a bit too racer-aggressive for me. Might look good on silver or red though.
  • May 6, 2012
    Robert.Boston
    FWIW, I agree, AnOutsider: on the white or silver, I'd opt for the brighter silver rather than the gray.
  • May 6, 2012
    dadaleus
    Seeing them in person totally convinced me I made the right choice with the red and the 21" wheels. Of course I live in Southern California, so I don't have to contend with cold conditions.

    Frankly, the 21" wheels are gorgeous IMHO. Moreover, as an EV advocate, aggressive is exactly how I want my EV to be seen. It doesn't hurt having gotten used to the attention and questions the Roadster has generated over the last two years. Yea, I could get a little more range with the 19" or even aero wheels, but it's worth it to me to have a damn amazing looking car that happens to be electric.
  • May 6, 2012
    shokunin
    here are some more photos of the white performance taken earlier today -

    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/22836910_z58NQg

    I'm mixed on the dry carbon fiber (matte) finish. I've seen other dry carbon finishes, but in the tesla seems to have an overly or extra thick plasticky finish.

    The white performance S had 2 USB ports next to the cigarette 12v outlet under the armrests. Close enough to the rear to at least share between the front and back.
  • May 6, 2012
    ferrarimanf355
    My question is, are the carbon fiber bits limited to the rear spoiler, or is there more than that?
  • May 6, 2012
    shokunin
    There's another piece under the rear bumper that was in CF. The front Tesla Logo band by the hood is suppose to be in CF but was not installed on this model.

    Edit: forgot, under the front bumper is also CF.
  • May 6, 2012
    widodh
    I wasn't sure yet if I'd go with the white one.

    But after seeing this one my mind is set: White Performance with black carbon interior with red piping, definitely!

    The USB indeed is far enough to the rear that you can share, just have a USB extension cable somewhere in the car and you can juice up any phone in the back.

    I also ran into George Blankenship, nice guy!
  • May 6, 2012
    shokunin
    +1
    I just love the aggressive looks of the performance S with the lowered air suspension setting and carbon wheels.
  • May 6, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    The car looks like a million bucks! Outstanding!

    A little concerned about the panel gaps still (I know this has been beaten to death before); the gaps between the rear hatch and the body in particular look unpalatable IMO - the white's clearly not helping in terms of deemphasizing the gaps...
  • May 6, 2012
    spatterso911
    Here are a couple of pics of the front bumper with CF, rear diffuser with CF as well. Sorry for the horrid rear diffuser pic. My iphone wasn't flashing as well as I would have liked.

    IMG_1207.JPG

    IMG_1208.JPG

    IMG_1210.JPG

    IMG_1211.JPG
  • May 6, 2012
    spatterso911
    IMG_1200.JPG IMG_1213.JPG

    Here is the comparison between the performance rear seats with headrests and the black sig without headrests. It is not clear which, if any, will make it to production.
  • May 7, 2012
    Todd Burch
    Those aren't fold-down armrests in the back seat, correct? If not, what are they?
  • May 7, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Yeah, that plus the really dark wheels (I expected gunmetal or similar) is pushing me towards red or silver. I considered custom, but I'd want brown and that wouldn't look right with the cf and wheels either. Thanks all for the pics!
  • May 7, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Could be bolsters. I see hunched down robots in the headrests tho haha. The black leather looks loose, I'm guessing that was a hand-made seat.
  • May 7, 2012
    AnOutsider

    Hi Shokunin,

    Is this lacewood?

    i-J3v24tq-X2.jpg
  • May 7, 2012
    ddruz
    To the folks who sat in the betas with the pano roofs outside in the sun this weekend: What is your impression of the light and glare through the sunroof on viewing the 17" screen. Is this a consideration for those undecided between the pano and regular roof?
  • May 7, 2012
    dsm363
    The pano roof will have a sun-shade to pull over the roof (from inside) so that should help.
  • May 7, 2012
    shokunin
    Yes, that picture has the lacewood interior.
  • May 7, 2012
    spatterso911
    The lacewood is very textured and in sunlight has a brownish hue to an overall dark (almost black) color. It looks quite good with light reflection, and has a matte patina. It has become a strong contender unless the CF is somehow improved. Not a fan of how it looked in beta#53
  • May 7, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Right.. the concern becomes: "how do I know the lacewood in mine will look how I want it to?". We've seen a few variations it seems.
  • May 7, 2012
    smoothoperator


    Is that the production grille?
  • May 7, 2012
    jcstp
    The white performance model S is just drop dead gorgeous :love:
  • May 7, 2012
    widodh
  • May 7, 2012
    Todd Burch
    Are the brake lights tinted because it's a performance model or are they all like that and I just haven't noticed?

    I agree, that white performance looks outstanding! (Love the dark rims on the white car!)
  • May 7, 2012
    Mycroft
    Yes, coincidentally, I've been pondering changing my color choice from Sig red to pearl white. Really tough decision. :(
  • May 7, 2012
    dsm363
    The white looks outstanding and probably my favorite. If the Roadster I have wasn't already white with CF accents, I'd probably go that route. The Signature Red looks amazing too though so can't really go wrong.
  • May 7, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Noticed some having issues with the back handles at the end of that video. Guessing the rears were disabled?
  • May 7, 2012
    Todd Burch
    My thought was either that or those in the front had locked the doors.
  • May 7, 2012
    AnOutsider
    as they giggled madly at their frustration ;)

    Was the trunk/hatch cracked a bit or is that more of me "seeing the lines"? Same with the hood near the lights.
  • May 7, 2012
    jcstp
  • May 7, 2012
    Tommy
    The rear trunk as well as the passenger door were visible misaligned in relation to their adjacent body panels; I posted in another thread about my disappointment with Tesla continuing to have fitment issues (and publicly displaying the cars) this close to RC production.
  • May 7, 2012
    Blurry_Eyed
    Glare is a zero issue. I specifically was looking for the glare on the screen. The pano roof was open and the sun was exactly behind the car at an angle that would put maximum sunlight on the screen when I was checking for it. The screen had no readability problems. I even pointed it out to my wife and the other lady sitting in the car for the tech demo and both didn't even realize the sun was on the screen until I pointed it out. For what ever reasons, the photos we see of the screen really over emphasizes the glare on the screen. To my eye, there was absolutely no problem with full mid-day California sunlight streaming in through the pano roof at the worst possible sun angle (directly behind the display screen).
  • May 7, 2012
    AnOutsider
    blurry.PNG

    YEEEEEAH :wink:
  • May 7, 2012
    zdre
    Photographing anything behind glass without some sort of reflection or glare is nearly impossible. However, human brain does some complex processing of the image to make it much clearer and ignore the reflections to a certain extent. Glares that you see on pictures of the screen may be completely unnoticeable to the human eye.
  • May 7, 2012
    spatterso911
    It is the production grill, and did not have the performance CF piece under the Tesla "T".
  • May 7, 2012
    spatterso911
    The White pearl was very nicely done, but I was far more impressed with the Sig Red. Same level of deep color with nice intensity. You can't go wrong with either choice, IMHO

    I didn't notice any glare on the screen, and it was around 2pm, bright and sunny. I opened the pano roof and noted 2 things...
    1. The pano roof is ginormous and really opens up the car, almost like a targa top, it also opened fast and quietly.
    2. It had no impact on the readability of the screen or dash.
  • May 7, 2012
    brianman
    Actually LOL'd.
  • May 7, 2012
    shokunin
    Looking back at my pictures, the other betas had clear tint on the brake lights. However, it looks awesome tinted on the performance S. Not sure if this is going to be standard or a performance only standard..
  • May 7, 2012
    Bound466
    Yes, they were disabled. As was the trunk. Only the front handles on either side were active.
  • May 7, 2012
    vfx
    Pretty sure legally they have to have headrests. Just not adjustable.
  • May 7, 2012
    widodh
  • May 8, 2012
    ferrarimanf355
    The only carbon fiber bit on the Performance model I don't like is the rear spoiler. There should be an option to have that painted. Either that, or it would look better with the car painted black.
  • May 8, 2012
    strider
    Many agree with you. Currently you have the option to delete the rear spoiler. No option was given to have it painted.
  • May 8, 2012
    Robert.Boston
    Probably worth asking, though -- they've figured out how to match the paint's color on metal and plastic, so it should be easy enough to paint a plastic version of the spoiler. Cheaper than CF, too.
  • May 8, 2012
    ETM
    Would some with good photoshopping skills edit the white to silver and/or gray? that is my exact car except the white exterior! thanks! :)
    o and a comment on painting the spoiler, I'm thinking about adding vinyl wrap to the spoiler and maybe some other parts of the car in a silver or white carbon fiber pattern or something else that my local shop has! its looks amazing to me!
    they also have red and blue if anyone is thinking about adding something to the red or blue...anyway...

    ETM
  • May 8, 2012
    ferrarimanf355
    If I can get it deleted, that's cool. I just think it looks funny with white paint.
  • May 8, 2012
    Robert.Boston
    Deleted is definitely an option.
  • May 8, 2012
    ferrarimanf355
    Semi-stupid question, but will the spoiler delete also be available for non Signature customers? I sure as heck don't have the money to buy a Model S now...
  • May 8, 2012
    Lloyd
    Yes the spoiler is an included option for any performance Model S, but you may delete it.
  • May 8, 2012
    vfx
    Or ask that it be throw in the frunk....for later sale.
  • May 10, 2012
    ddenboer
    Santana Row finally has that White Performance S today. I went there over lunch (for a burger at The Counter), and was happily surprised to see it sitting there. This is VIN 53, which I hear is the same one that was in Newport last weekend.
    I have some pics posted here
    These pics include a few of the new controls on the touchscreen, the key fob, the tan leather (which is REALLY nice in person), and some other shots. Also, not noted in the pictures is the carbon fibre... I love it. I hate the samples, but in the car it is so much more refined.
  • May 11, 2012
    spatterso911
    @ddenboer, I too remember being more impressed than I thought I would about the tan leather. It makes a really nice combination with the pearl white exterior, and I bet it would look great with either black or the green.
  • May 11, 2012
    Norbert
    How long will it stay there, do you know?
  • May 11, 2012
    ddenboer
    @Norbert: I'm not sure how long it will stay, but I do know that it only arrived late Thursday night.
    Last month, an employee at the Santana Row store said they would be getting this car, and it would stay until release candidate cars are readily available. Not sure if that is still true, but if so, it should be there for a few weeks at least.
  • May 11, 2012
    Todd Burch
    Thanks for the pics ddenboer.

    Looking at the screenshots, I see a setting for mirror auto-tilt...I didn't notice if others had already confirmed that, but there it is!

    Also, what is "Exterior Guidance Lighting"? Perhaps that's the lighting on the door handles?
  • May 11, 2012
    vfx
    Nice screen shots.


    Plenty of real estate for Tesla to work with.

    Some people have to wear glasses to drive. Nearsighted need the optics to see far. Wonder if they can get a bigger type app like cntrl++
  • May 11, 2012
    Tommy
  • May 11, 2012
    grisnjam
    God bless you for holding onto MoblieMe :) I moved everything to Flicker last month in prep for the shutdown.
  • May 11, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Thanks, I like the way the white with dark wheels looks in their pics. Maybe it's the editing.
  • May 12, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Can anyone who goes and sits in a fully functional S please test the turn signals? I'm curious if they brought over the "lane-change" blinkers common on german cars like Mercedes (which they seem to borrowed the whole stalk setup from).
  • May 12, 2012
    widodh
    From what I've seen they are integrated in the Tesla logo on the side of the car.
  • May 12, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Sorry, what I meant was the "tap to pass" functionality. Instead of fully engaging the turn signal, you tap it down (or up) once, and you get 3 blinks and it stops.
  • May 12, 2012
    Trnsl8r
    Don't know, but definitely +1. Great feature.
  • May 12, 2012
    ddenboer
    Saw a tweet today that Menlo Park had a new car on display so we went there instead of Santana Row, but unfortunately it was the old silver cold-weather test car.
    The reason I went was for my wife -- it was her first in-person visit to the car, and after sitting in it, watching the kids ooh-ahh at the car, she decided I made a good choice!
    So I better have something good for her on Mother's Day tomorrow :)
  • May 25, 2012
    AnOutsider
    For anyone that might care, I verified last night that the Model s does indeed have this functionality :)
  • May 25, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Like! Consistent now with most German and some(?) American cars.
  • May 25, 2012
    spatterso911
    I believe most American cars have this functionality now.
  • May 27, 2012
    ferrarimanf355
    My current car, a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport, has that, too. It's really useful.
  • May 28, 2012
    widodh
    It is mandatory in Europe.

    Seems that Tesla is designing the Model S according to the EU spec since that one is tougher than the US spec.

    The EU spec cars also have reflectors on the back. You should see the difference between a EU and US Roadster.
  • May 28, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Not that I'm complaining, but WHY is it mandatory?
  • May 28, 2012
    NigelM
    Probably so that you can see anyone who's stupid enough to be driving at night without their lights on.
  • May 28, 2012
    AnOutsider
    I understood him to mean the "lane change" blinker was mandatory. It's a cool addition to be sure, I just can't think of any safety benefits that would lead them to require it... Unless they consider people driving in the left-most lane with their left blinker on a risk... Though I'm not sure this would help them anyway.
  • May 28, 2012
    ElSupreme
    So you can't just blink once when changing lanes. They blink 3 times so surrounding vehicles have a better chance to see them. In Europe they actually use their blinkers every now and then.
  • May 28, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Ahh, so it was actually to stop people from clicking down once and moving over? Go figure. Here I am loving it because it makes it easier to signal ;)
  • May 28, 2012
    jerry33
    Instead of blinking being the signal for the car behind in the next lane to speed up and close the gap.
  • May 28, 2012
    spatterso911
    I despise that behavior (unless you are driving 40 in a 65 - which I despise more).
  • May 29, 2012
    loganss
    I went to the DC Tesla store this past weekend and there was no Model S there :-(
    Hopefully they get a newer model in there soon. Need to get my occasional Tesla fix.
  • Dec 7, 2012
    UMD86
    I have a MB S500 and really like the REAR RED FOG light. I feel a lot safer when it's really foggy out at night.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét