Thứ Bảy, 31 tháng 12, 2016

REAL Pictures of Model S part 2

  • Jun 19, 2012
    brianman
    I wonder how much those Aero wheels (unicorn?) will go for on the black market.
  • Jun 19, 2012
    NigelM
    First two could be goodies for the Sig purchasers? Could be that HPC goes with the car and is delivered with it?
  • Jun 19, 2012
    mcornwell
  • Jun 19, 2012
    goyogi
    Wow, that green is nice! At least in the pictures.
  • Jun 19, 2012
    brianman
    Some additional curiosities on the green...

    1. INTERIOR says "___ Mojave", which I presume aligns with the old name "Mojave Tan" but the seats are black.
    2. SPORT says "Performance Package NO" but the seats have the red piping of the Performance interior.
  • Jun 19, 2012
    Lyon
    2nd... although I like the blue better. Unfortunately SWMBO has decreed that I may not get the blue one... apparently I only buy blue cars.
  • Jun 19, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    There's something very appealing and elegant about that Green (yes, I'm repeating myself here) and all the chrome looks more subtle with the Green than in-your-face with the Blue (which does look like a Prius's or a BMW 5's Blue).

    The Green seems to be a slightly darker variation of Aston Martin's aptly-named "Hardly Green" - AM was the first car I thought of when I saw the Model S Green:

    Aston Martin - Rapide

    Aston Martin - DBS Coupe
  • Jun 20, 2012
    Lyon

    I like the green a lot as well but I'm hoping that it's quite a bit darker than the green on those Astons! I guess that I'll know in a few days! So very exciting.
  • Jun 20, 2012
    vfx
    If these are show cars for the tour they might have just tried to build 10 cars with every single option to show them all regardless of "packages"
  • Jun 20, 2012
    Robert.Boston
    I cannot get to either of the next two events, and so I'm very interested in seeing true-color photos of the various colors, particularly the blue v green v brown. Thanks in advance!
  • Jun 20, 2012
    Lyon
    One of my plans at the event it take pictures of as many of the colors as I can. I definitely want to get pictures of the non-signature colors. I'll post 'em when I got 'em.
  • Jun 21, 2012
    efusco
    Some nice interior shots would be appreciated too...trickier I know, but still appreciated, esp. if you have a decent wide angle lens.
  • Jun 21, 2012
    NigelM
  • Jun 22, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Here's another shot of green from Wayne Cunningham on twitter (thanks Nigel)

    AwA5VZKCEAAQBkE.jpg
  • Jun 22, 2012
    Bardlebee
    This is a very appealing picture. It actually looks a lot better then I thought it would in "real life". The lighting is just how I would imagine it would be if I were sitting in the drivers seat, which is rare as when you get something it is usually over hyped in your mind. This looks stunning. Next year can't come soon enough :(
  • Jun 22, 2012
    NigelM
  • Jun 22, 2012
    jayzaqt
    Is it me or does the window on that silver 'S' look tinted?
  • Jun 22, 2012
    Citizen-T
    What I want to know is what is the weather like in CA that she is dressed like that.
  • Jun 22, 2012
    Trnsl8r
    Pretty crappy actually:
    Sk�rmavbild 2012-06-22 kl. 13.36.04.png
  • Jun 22, 2012
    dsm363
    Crappy? That looks awesome:smile: It's over 100 each day here. I actually got the entire weekend off finally but too late to go to the Fremont event of course. Have fun over there and don't freeze!
  • Jun 22, 2012
    132
    Looks like perfect weather. Warm enough for short sleeves, cool enough to not sweat
  • Jun 22, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
  • Jun 22, 2012
    spatterso911
    Nice red!
  • Jun 22, 2012
    spatterso911
    Watcing the GigaOm review, I found this morsel at 5:20 into the video...

    Screen Shot 2012-06-22 at 4.34.33 PM.png

    A set of rear-seat cup holders!!!
  • Jun 22, 2012
    onlinespending
    Gg, you sure that's not Gray?

    Actually, maybe it is Green after all, though very difficult to tell with the lighting.
  • Jun 22, 2012
    dsm363
    Awesome. Why couldn't they have released real pictures of the Sig Red with the Performance wheels? It looks so much better in video than it does on the design studio.
  • Jun 22, 2012
    jerry33
    +1 66 is great weather.
  • Jun 22, 2012
    drbradfo
  • Jun 22, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Sunset red seems a bit bright to me...
  • Jun 22, 2012
    Tommy
    Maybe Sunrise Red got mixed in the blend:wink:
  • Jun 22, 2012
    Discoducky
    I'm very interested to see more photos of the Sunset Red as it might strike a good balance for our tastes.
  • Jun 22, 2012
    dsm363
    Ok, now that I actually saw some video of the performance Sig Red, I'm going to try and change my order again (back to performance wheels). It may be too late and if it is, I think it looks great in the silver wheels too. Have to say the Sig Red looks stunning.
  • Jun 22, 2012
    goyogi
    Nah, I'm sure it's not too late even at your low sig number.
  • Jun 22, 2012
    Arnold Panz
    Agreed. You're not changing the interior color or something. They can swap those rims out easily for you. I'm sure they have plenty of both in stock.
  • Jun 22, 2012
    dsm363
    Cool. Hopefully someone posts some high-res pictures of the two options in good light here from this weekend. It's nice to see they didn't just select a few shades of black and gray like some automakers but have a wider selection.
  • Jun 22, 2012
    goyogi
  • Jun 22, 2012
    goyogi
    Another photo of performance dolphin grey from autos.yahoo.com
    tesla-model-s-exterior-jumbo.jpg
  • Jun 22, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Gray's indeed rather good looking! Better than I thought it would be. Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow!

    AO, you got a (partial) shot of the Brown above...

    A bit more of the Sunset Red from the same (Wired) gallery:

    062212-tesla-testdrive-168edit.jpg

    062212-tesla-testdrive-163edit.jpg
  • Jun 23, 2012
    tnawara
  • Jun 23, 2012
    dsm363
    Awesome pictures. Keep them coming, thanks. Isn't it amazing to see them finished and in the different color combos?
  • Jun 23, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Very nice, and one of the few colors that actually remind me of what they're named for! And yes, GG, I'm really oogling that brown, but not enough to defer! Maybe I'll hit the lottery and the wife will like my S enough to want her own :p
  • Jun 23, 2012
    Zorba
    Dolphin Grey looks amazing indeed. I was thinking of going with blue, but grey looks great too ...

    I like how fast the speedometer adapts when slowing down (video on Wired).
  • Jun 23, 2012
    WhiteKnight
    His car is missing the new shelf underneath the screen. Could they have added that just in the last week?
  • Jun 23, 2012
    Robert.Boston
    What captured my attention in that photo of the brown and gray linked by AO is the incredibly high gloss -- which also shows how beautifully the panels are produced. Mirror-bright, mirror-flat.
  • Jun 23, 2012
    mnx
  • Jun 23, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
  • Jun 23, 2012
    AnOutsider
    I see I'm not alone in being swayed from my initial color(s)!
  • Jun 23, 2012
    jerry33
    I wish there was a better selection of light colours rather than just white and silver.
  • Jun 23, 2012
    NigelM
  • Jun 23, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
  • Jun 23, 2012
    NigelM
    OT, but if you want to see some of our cool pics check out the wall photos on facebook.com/SarasotaDolphins
  • Jun 23, 2012
    onlinespending
    It's always been a choice between Blue or Gray for me, and these pictures only serve to confirm my initial color choices. They look fantastic! Would love to see more of the Blue though
  • Jun 23, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
  • Jun 23, 2012
    Right_Said_Fred
    Here are some pictures of the brown car. What a beauty!

    tesla-model-s-5774_620x413.jpg

    tesla-model-s-5775_620x413.jpg

    tesla-model-s-5779_620x413.jpg
  • Jun 23, 2012
    AnOutsider
    This is tempting me to pay 12k for the brown
  • Jun 23, 2012
    Right_Said_Fred
  • Jun 23, 2012
    onlinespending
    Or wait a couple months? :)
  • Jun 23, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Seppuku is not an option.
  • Jun 23, 2012
    onlinespending
    But ?? (gaman) is
  • Jun 23, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    I wonder if it'll be that long. AO, you are in the middle of the Sig pack and I think you originally reserved a low P back in late March, '09, right?! You should be able to get back your original P # and save a pile of money while getting the Brown non-Sig Perf just 3-4 weeks later!
  • Jun 23, 2012
    Right_Said_Fred
    I was going off-topic a bit, so I'll start a new tread
  • Jun 23, 2012
    AnOutsider
  • Jun 24, 2012
    Zextraterrestrial
    here are some color shots with a 18% grey card
    IMG_5524.JPG
    IMG_5529.JPG
    IMG_5530.JPG
    IMG_5539.JPG
    IMG_5541.JPG
    sorry no blue : ( it was hiding at a supercharger when I went to get color shots

    I think I'm going for the dark grey. Blue was super pretty though and green and brown look really nice in the sun. Actually,I think all of the colors look really nice and wouldn't be opposed to any of them (1 for every day of the week please! :wink:)
  • Jun 24, 2012
    dsm363
    Very smart to bring the grey card. Thanks.

    Did you get a shot with the Sig Red as well?
  • Jun 24, 2012
    bint2k
    omg that dark grey is the shiiiiiitzzz i just pissed myself
  • Jun 24, 2012
    goyogi
    Yes, now that I see it on the car the dark grey is my new favorite besides sig-red. Especially with the performance trim it's probably the most sporty looking.
  • Jun 24, 2012
    bint2k
    hard choice between black and dolphin grey now....
  • Jun 24, 2012
    Zextraterrestrial
    yep, dark grey w/ dark rims ..mmm
    change pants
    oh I forgot to even put any on today WTF
  • Jun 24, 2012
    kevincwelch
    Thanks for posting the colors with the reference card.

    I do like the grey, but my current car is a very similar grey...think I will go blue.

    Anyone have an opinion on the best leather match with the blue?
  • Jun 24, 2012
    ferrarimanf355
    Sunset Red is the best, IMHO. As soon as that becomes available in the design studio, I'll switch to that for my perfect Tesla.

    What would be the perfect interior match, though? Black or tan?
  • Jun 24, 2012
    brianman
    For the sunset red, the white interior. You'd need to get a sig reservation and pony up $12k for it. (Or buy the interior aftermarket.)

    Edit: You might want to go the aftermarket anyway, because you'd likely want white (not cream) and maybe with some piping.
  • Jun 24, 2012
    grisnjam
    Signature Red is the limited color. The Sunset (read bright) Red will be available in 2013 I think.
  • Jun 24, 2012
    afkuang
    I have about 5 pictures of the white model S that was on display at the Fremont factory adjacent to the area selling Tesla apparel and etc.

    GET AMPED! Model S Tour - a set on Flickr

    You can check them out here!
  • Jun 24, 2012
    efusco
    Well done on bringing the gray card! What a great help.
  • Jun 24, 2012
    Jeeps17
  • Jun 24, 2012
    kevincwelch
  • Jun 24, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    That reminded me; another tidbit from Fremont: the $12k custom color deal, atleast according to one of the Tesla reps there, is now closed! Five or so early SSLs were allowed to add that to their contract but, no more apparently. The prospect of pulling the car off the assembly line and do a custom paint job (possibly offsite according to this rep) has been deemed to be too onerous since.
  • Jun 24, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Well, that makes my hand-wringing over the brown a tad easier then ;)
  • Jun 24, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Indeed! :) You cannot go wrong with Sig Red though; beats the hell out of any other color. And, it should be unique enough in your neck of the woods. In the Bay Area OTOH, Sig Red's going to be a dime a dozen ;)
  • Jun 24, 2012
    Trnsl8r
    Need more photos of cars in different colors? Sure you do... Only got four of them - plus a wild card... :p

    Upside-down pics deleted...

    I've always been partial to the blue, but brown and green are strong contenders...

    EDIT: OK, my phone played tricks on me again and rotated the pictures... *sigh*. I'll edit the pics tomorrow when I'm on a faster connection...
    EDIT 2: Lyon fixed it for me. Nice.
    EDIT 3: Deleted the pics, but the thumbnails are still showing... I'm not great at posting pictures...
  • Jun 24, 2012
    onlinespending
    How sexy is that Gray Model S with Dark Performance Wheels? That is now my preferred combo

    Wish I could get the 19" rims in a Dark finish.
  • Jun 24, 2012
    goyogi
    I agree and I thought the grey was boring till I saw it on the car. What were you leaning towards before?
  • Jun 24, 2012
    Lyon
    IMG_7287.JPG IMG_7288.JPG IMG_7289.JPG IMG_7290.JPG IMG_7292.JPG

    Done :)
  • Jun 24, 2012
    onlinespending
    It was either Blue or Gray. I'll withhold final judgement until I see them both in person, but Gray has a nice lead just based on these pictures. Gorgeous!
  • Jun 24, 2012
    Discoducky
    I've never wanted a red car. I've had grey, blue, silver and green. That Sunset Red is changing my mind. Model S is fast and fun enough so why not? The name makes me think of the sunset of ICE cars.:eek:

    Hope it comes to Bellevue.
  • Jun 24, 2012
    brianman
    I think you misunderstood what I was saying, I'll try again. :)

    Options:
    A: Buy the Sig to get the Sig-exclusive cream interior. Pay an extra $12k for custom exterior paint, asking for Sunset Red.
    B: Buy the Sunset Red non-Sig when available. Pay extra to a 3rd party to replace the interior with a custom white.
    C. Buy the Sig to get the Sig-exclusive cream interior. Pay extra to a 3rd party for re-paint or wrap in Sunset Red lookalike.

    Edit: Option A is no longer available. Added option C.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    Kevin Harney
    So is that pinkish one in the foreground the brown ?!?!?!

    Edit: How do I get the picture top show up too ?
  • Jun 25, 2012
    Kevin Harney
  • Jun 25, 2012
    goyogi
    That's the brown. It's quite nice actually.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    AnOutsider
    It's what I call "Sexy Brown"
  • Jun 25, 2012
    Kevin Harney
    I really like how are the colors are really common in one sense and really unique in another. Color choices are fantastic.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    raptorweb
    I was pretty set in getting the S in black with white as a close second... after seeing these pictures i'm pretty sure I will be getting a brown or gray one. Both were never even considered by only seeing them in the design studio.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    ElSupreme
    I am in the same boat. I have always wanted a white car with black interior, but with wanting a manual more, they have never had one on the lot. I bought my first car 2 days before my first job (out of college) started. And my second car about 2 days before my insurance stopped paying for the rental car.

    But that grey looks so nice. And my current car which I love is a similar grey. I am just looking at ANOTHER $750 now. :scared:
  • Jun 25, 2012
    dsm363
    What did people think of the Sig Red with performance wheels (if that was there)? I think I'm going to switch back to performance wheels.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    Trnsl8r
    Much obliged, sir. I'll update my post.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    The Sig Red for the test drives had Silver wheels.

    For those interested in Brown, 'Dutch Solar' had posted really good ones earlier on this thread.

    And, this is very much my own opinion but, somehow, the grey seemed a lot more bland in person than the way it looks in the pics. More so in bright sunlight... Again, that's probably just me.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    Arnold Panz
    It wasn't there, but there was at least one at the event on Friday. I was extremely concerned because I, like you, ordered the Sig Red with perf wheels, and when EVERYONE started saying how much better the red looked with silver (and you and others started changing your orders) I almost pulled the trigger. Now I'm glad I didn't because I think the perf wheels look good with any color, including the red. The only color I might consider getting the silver would be if the car were black, but with red, white or grey I think the perf wheels look awesome.

    Obviously this is all subjective based on what anyone thinks looks nice, but if you like the perf wheels, I think they look as good on the Sig red as they do on the white, so if you like the grey wheels better you should switch back to what your first choice/instinct was.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    roblab
    Having paid for a Sig brown, I have this: The word is that "all the colors won't suddenly be available at the end of the Signature run". It will take time to set them up, one at a time. No one knows at present what color will be added or when, and brown, or blue, or green, or grey, will be months after the Sig run. All these cars were done as custom colors, hand painted. They did not go through the robot paint line. The only paints the robots have been programmed for are black, white, silver, and Sig Red, which will go away.

    Don't plan on getting any color you want at the head of the P list.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    Tommy
    "Months after" puts us into 2013; I think maybe weeks away is closer. AFAIK, the black, pearlized white and silver are holdovers from the Sig. production, these will not be going away and perhaps would be the first Production colors to be produced due to the paint line already being setup for these colors.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Paid for a sig brown? How'd that work? Also, as someone noted, don't the European and Canadian guys need those sig colors? Will they go away AFTER? Also, sig red is the only one not purchasable, so surely the other colors will stay?

    In any case, I'll stick with sig red. If my wife ends up liking it maybe we'll get a Model S 2.0 down the road in brown (or hopefully something equally sexy exists on the X). As for my sig, there's always wrap jobs.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    Robert.Boston
    To my mind, there are far too many "colorless" cars on the road, i.e. cars along the gray scale. White, gray, silver, black -- last time I was at my Audi dealership, the only spot of color in the parking lot was my shockingly red A3.

    Neither red will be available for my Model S (not Sig, but 2012 delivery), so green, blue, and brown are the contenders. I haven't seen a great picture of the green that makes me stand up and salute, but gg_wants_a_tesla and others really liked it in person. Arggg....
  • Jun 25, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    I eliminated Brown straight off the bat as we have a brown car already (and consequently, my wife voted it down) but, I'd actually rank Brown ahead of Green and Blue. It's really sexy as AnOutsider put it. It looks as good in person as it does in pics.

    The Blue was deeper/darker (as Kipernicus noted) than I imagined (after spotting the painted frame in one of the 'Inside Tesla' blog factory pics). So, it looked more black than blue in the shade for sure and bright sunlight didn't do too much for it.

    Trust me on the Green, Robert! Between you and I, given our reservation numbers, we can have a couple of awesome-looking Greens being delivered to both coasts at about the same time!


    *EDIT*: on the issue of colors, maybe restating the obvious but, poor computer monitors could partly be at fault in not showing the pics right (assuming the cameras were good in the first place). The pics that I took looked like crap on my 3-year-old, cheapo Asus laptop (and also on my Samsung monitor at work) but, looked true on my new retina-display iPad.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    J in MN
    So, is the "final" green (i.e. the green on the test drive car) different to the green on the sample in the stores? I looked at the green sample in the LA store some weeks ago, and it was just barely green in indirect light, and completely gray in direct sunlight.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Yes, the samples (and they were there in the test drive waiting lounge too) are definitely off on most of the colors, the Green for sure. One of the Tesla reps manning the samples table said as much.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    DrDave
    This is not true - only the sunset red was hand-painted, the gray/green/brown/blue were painted through the robot paint line. If the signature run goes into September/October, I bet all colors but Sunset will be available for the P list
  • Jun 25, 2012
    roblab
    I'm happy to hear you know more about it. I wanted brown and was told it would be several months after P started if I chose to jump off the Sig list and wait for brown. I was also told that the robots had to be programmed and I also heard that all the colors except Sig colors were hand painted. This by the guy in charge of painting. So, I guess I was wrong. Glad to hear it.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    DrDave
    What was the name of "the guy in charge of painting"? He seems to have been misinformed.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    pete8314
    I like the brown too, having never owned a brown car...it just does sound cool. sure, I could describe it to my friends as chocolate or coffee (metallic coffee, technically!), but they'd all reply with 'you got a brown car'?? Obviously, when face to face with it they'll see the light, but on paper, a brown car just doesn't sound sexy! The blue would be my second choice, but only from the photos, I'd need to see them both before deciding. Unfortunately/luckily I have plenty of time to wait.
  • Jun 25, 2012
    jerry33
    My only experience with brown cars is seeing them on the road after three or four years when they look really dated (of course, they still looked better than MaryKay pink).
  • Jun 25, 2012
    artsci
    I used to have an E-type Jaguar coupe in a brown color called Sable. It was marvelous. But normally I'd stay away from brown. I'd have to see this one in person to decide if I like it.
  • Jun 26, 2012
    brianman
    Called Bellevue earlier today. Personal opinion offered was that the carbon fiber accents on the Perf work well with the dark wheels.

    They have the red with silver today. They won't know for a week or so if the touring vehicles for Amped tour will include red with dark wheels for the Bellevue visit.
  • Jun 26, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Is Tesla going to make more for the other Amped tour stops?! Or, are the same 10 going to be split up after LA?! (I think it's the latter). There was no Red with dark wheels in Fremont.
  • Jun 26, 2012
    brianman
    That was my expectation as well. I'm not optimistic about us being wrong on this one. :(
  • Jun 26, 2012
    ddruz
    If they are swapping wheels around for the LA event it would be nice to see the Silver with silver performance or standard wheels. The dark performance wheels didn't seem to complement it very well.
  • Jun 26, 2012
    raptorweb
    from what I heard a few weeks ago the Chicago event is hoping to have 4 cars so I think they will be split.
  • Aug 9, 2012
    Blurry_Eyed
    From the teslamotors forum, Rod and Barbara (Founders #17 - VIN FF00017) have posted pictures of their car here:

    Picasa Web Albums - Rod Womer To my eye, it looks like Tesla has definitely improved the fit and finish on the trunk and frunk areas of their car compared to some of the Get Amped cars.

    They have had their Model S since July 27th and have been very helpful with answering questions about many items about the car. Here is a sample of one of their posts on the forum:

    'Rod was out of town on July 27, so Barbara accepted delivery of our car last Friday.

    Our Model S is equipped as follows: non-performance, signature red exterior, tan and obeche wood gloss interior, pano roof, 19� wheels, rear-facing seats, paint armor and Roadster HPC adaptor.

    Our VIN is �FF00017. A senior Tesla representative told us that the Special Signature VINs will start with �FS00001 and count up. When the Signature cars are manufactured the VIN sequence will continue to count up from the last Special Signature car manufactured (i.e. Signature #1 will have a VIN on the order of �FS00250).'

    The entire post is here, about half way down the page: Model S Deliveries - latest actual info on dates and vehicles being delivered | Forums | Tesla Motors

    They seem like super nice people and are a great resource for anyone who has questions.
  • Mar 7, 2013
    GasDoc
    895abf3a873411e2b8f122000a1f9345_6.jpg

    My wife took this picture of a Model S, from a Model S, while we were on the way to try the Gilroy supercharger.

    The car in the mirror is the green Model S seen in the thread Supercharger demand is increasing in Gilroy.

    Made in the USA!
  • Apr 25, 2014
    Blaze
    image.jpg
  • Jul 3, 2014
    WTFRUNK
    Just picked ours up 2 weeks ago. I took this picture with rolling WI farmland in the background after a storm while the sun was setting. This is Pearl White with Carbon Fiber and 21" dark rims. Electricity in the Air.jpg Ghost Rider.jpg
  • Mar 25, 2015
    evp
    It seems that Ben & Jerry's is evaluating the possibility of using a Tesla as an Ice Cream Truck. I wonder what song they'll play to entice the little kiddies?

    DSC_5150a.jpg
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét