Thứ Năm, 29 tháng 12, 2016

Model S Tour (Stores) part 1

  • Apr 5, 2012
    vfx
    From the TM Events page Looks like 7 cars around the country at once.


    [TR="class: odd, bgcolor: transparent"]



    [/TR]
    [TR="class: even, bgcolor: transparent"]



    [/TR]
    [TR="class: odd, bgcolor: transparent"]



    [/TR]
    [TR="class: even, bgcolor: transparent"]



    [/TR]
    [TR="class: odd, bgcolor: transparent"]



    [/TR]
    [TR="class: even, bgcolor: transparent"]



    [/TR]
    [TR="class: odd, bgcolor: transparent"]



    [/TR]
    [TR="class: even views-row-last, bgcolor: transparent"]



    [/TR]
    April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Oak Brook Oakbrook, IL April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Santana Row San Jose, CA April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Bellevue Square Bellevue, WA April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Park Meadows Lone Tree, CO April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Florida Dania Beach, FL April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Houston Galleria Houston, TX April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Fashion Island Newport Beach, CA April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Los Angeles West Los Angeles, CA
    Can anyone confirm or are these two cars hopping all over.


  • Apr 6, 2012
    spatterso911
    It's odd how only the LA and Fashion Island stores give details about the car, and they describe EXACTLY the same car...The rest do not tell you more about what is on display...
  • Apr 6, 2012
    Iz
    Am still waiting for the Beta to be in NY. Saw the red Alpha prototype in Greenwich, CT last summer
  • Apr 6, 2012
    William13
    Many of these betas are missing motor, pem and batteries. They have standard car batteries hidden in them to run the accessories such as ac,radio,roof,seat, and lights. This allows for cheaper store cars that won't be stolen or crashed in misguided demo drives from your rep who wants to please you. They also help the team learn how to build the car better each time. I was very pleased to see how many they have.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    NigelM
    I believe that there will be at least one at each store in the very near future. These cars were meant to be stationary display units only so none have drive trains.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    kendallpb
    The woman at the DC store told me, when I went to see the beta a couple weeks ago, that they'd have their own permanent car in April. The way she said it, I got the impression it would be a real, drivable car; but reading this and a similar comment elsewhere makes me think it will just be another stationary demo unit. Darn! I was hoping to get a drive (even just as a passenger) soon, since I finally ponied up for a reservation. ;-) I wonder when that'll start happening -- a permanent, drivable Model S in all stores, with drives (at least for reservation holders, though preferably for all comers)?
  • Apr 6, 2012
    BYT_P1837
    The guess I heard was about 2 to 3 months out and we would have drivable Model S' at some of the stores if not all of them.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Maybe they'll get a pack put into it after deliveries (and NHTSA certification)
  • Apr 6, 2012
    dadaleus
    I visited the white one in the LA store and it was as described (pearl white, black interior). I didn't check if it actually had a motor or anything.

    I may swing by Newport today and will report on what I find there. I'll try to find out if it's actually drivable or not.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    NigelM

    Unlikely. I would guess that there's no airbags either (wouldn't be road legal).
  • Apr 6, 2012
    aviators99
    Went to the South Florida store today, and the same white one that was there a few weeks ago is back. It seems to be stationary, as described above. The employee there told me that they are expecting a newer model towards the end of the month; a black one. She also said that there should always be at least one there from now on. Also, they are moving the store to Miami, but leaving the service center where they are.

    Also, she claimed that three local people have done their configuration as part of the initial ones.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    ddenboer
    As I mentioned in another thread, Santana Row is supposed to get a white Signature Sport this weekend.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    drbradfo
    santana row white sig sport : someone take some pictures! :) Would like to see the CF trim inside and out.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    ddenboer
    If my wife lets me I will go tomorrow.:smile:
  • Apr 6, 2012
    dsm363
    If you can go, pictures would be great. Thanks. I am interested in the black interior with red piping if it happens to have that.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    goyogi
    Why Signature if they are sold out? I want to see the grey interior.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    dadaleus
    Signature Sport and non-Signature Sport interiors are identical from what I've been told. You just can't get the white interior as a non-Signature.


    Me too! But i'd still be interested to see any sport interrior. Wish that would come to So Cal.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    goyogi
    Black and tan are available on all models. White interior is exclusive to sig and grey is exclusive to non-sig. Check out the design studio as well as the options/pricing page. Not sure if the person that told you otherwise has some other info?
  • Apr 6, 2012
    dadaleus
    I see your point. My bad re gray. My point was at least you can see what the Sport interior is like, even if not the exact color you want.

    Also bear in mind that while Signatures are sold out, most of us haven't picked our cars yet so it would be nice to see a Sport interior to compare against the non-Sports we've been seeing.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    brianman
    No such thing as "Sport" for the S. I think you mean "Performance". ;)
  • Apr 6, 2012
    ryanjm
    If anyone goes to Santana Row and confirms the car's presence, can you please post and let us know if they're letting folks sit in it or if it's a roped-off, display-only car? I'm eager to show the car to my wife, but I can't haul her all the way down there (we live in SF) unless she can actually get in the car and see it from the inside. Thanks to any and all in advance!
  • Apr 6, 2012
    goyogi
    I'll see about checking it out tomorrow and let you know ryanjm.
  • Apr 6, 2012
    dadaleus
    Funny you should call ME out on that!

    I kept carefully typing out Performance, but it seemed like everyone else was saying Sport, so I gave up and used it (I think the above post was the first time but I'm not sure.)

    Can't win for losing. :redface:
  • Apr 7, 2012
    brianman
    I didn't call anybody out - notice the lack of quoting in my post.

    Besides, as a Roadster, S, and X investor you can call it whatever you like. :)
  • Apr 7, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Does seem odd they didn't just stick with "sport" though. Reserving that moniker for a high performance variant in the future? Or maybe they don't feel sedans and cuvs should be sport cars
  • Apr 7, 2012
    drbradfo
    They are in the business of selling cars, if you are a reservation holder, you can sit in the car. If you are serious about becoming a reservation holder, you should be able to convince them to let you in...


    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sdipq2
  • Apr 7, 2012
    vfx

    Did you check with Fashion Island? They have a black car there now. Call for details.

    CONTACT:

    949.219.0040

    ADDRESS:

    367 Newport Center Drive
    Newport Beach, CA 92660United States

  • Apr 7, 2012
    Larry Chanin
    For the last Tesla event we had in Florida the reservations holders received an email notifying Florida reservation holders of the availability of the prototype and that the store would open an hour early for reservation holder to explore the car. After that hour it was open to the general public and they had equal access to sitting in the car and receiving demonstrations, etc. I would think this would be Tesla's standard operating procedure.

    Larry
  • Apr 7, 2012
    Trnsl8r
    At Santana row now. They have the black beta #22.
  • Apr 7, 2012
    ryanjm
    Is it accessible or roped-off/look-but-don't-touch?
  • Apr 7, 2012
    ryanjm
    As someone who edits a magazine for a living, my guess is that they decided "Model S Sport" doesn't roll off the tongue as nice because of the awkwardness of the two "s" sounds in a row. Again, just my semi-educated guess. :)
  • Apr 7, 2012
    goyogi
    Roped off but they are letting people in. I asked about the sport/performance/trace-buster-buster-buster version and they said that they MAY get it Monday. Though it's not finalized as they also might get the silver one.
  • Apr 7, 2012
    ryanjm
    Thanks! I will probably wait to hear if they get that one then. I've only got one chance for this car to make a first impression on my wife, so I need everything to be as perfect as possible. :p
  • Apr 7, 2012
    ETM
    New info from my NY city store

    The NYC store should be getting an advanced beta stage model s on the weekend of april 15th. It will be open to the public the rest of the week. The weekend after, there will be an "exclusive" event for all reservation holders in the area. Invitations "will" be sent out soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for this. The person I spoke to seemed very sure about the information. He did not say which color exterior. I will be in the city next sunday for the knicks game and plan to stop by if this still holds true.

    only time will tell...

    ETM
  • Apr 7, 2012
    Trnsl8r
    It's roped off, but they do let customers sit in it. Santana Row is pretty good about that. Just ask nicely and you get to try out the driver's seat and get the full-blown demo of the touch-screen.

    EDIT: and now I see I wasn't reading the latest post and goyogi beat me to it. Oh well...
  • Apr 8, 2012
    BYT_P1837
    If you want to make a good impression on your wife, I would wait for the Release Candidates(RC) cars in a few months. Like you said, you only get one chance to make a first impression! From chatting with the folks at the TM Stores, they buy parts to piece together the Beta's and so what you see isn't necessarily what we will get in the final production cars. The RC will be the car you ultimately buy so it's best to show that to her. Just go see it yourself in the meantime and enjoy checking it out without the pressure of trying to convince your wife just yet.
  • Apr 8, 2012
    Iz
    Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to the reservation holders event.
  • Apr 8, 2012
    ETM
    no problem. I am too. awaiting the email. :)


    Originally Posted by ryanjm
    Thanks! I will probably wait to hear if they get that one then. I've only got one chance for this car to make a first impression on my wife, so I need everything to be as perfect as possible. :p
    If you want to make a good impression on your wife, I would wait for the Release Candidates(RC) cars in a few months. Like you said, you only get one chance to make a first impression! From chatting with the folks at the TM Stores, they buy parts to piece together the Beta's and so what you see isn't necessarily what we will get in the final production cars. The RC will be the car you ultimately buy so it's best to show that to her. Just go see it yourself in the meantime and enjoy checking it out without the pressure of trying to convince your wife just yet.

    I was at the store a few months back and they said the door was too narrow to fit the model s into the store! At the time they said they were working on a solution, so they've either found a solution or they used your info. i definitely see what they mean because there is a regular door at the entrance, and to the left there is a huge glass window. So they would have to get the whole window out. Which would seem kinda pointless since its a beta and would only have it in the store for a few months AT MOST. Then they would take the beta out, and replace it with the RC! seems very inefficient to me.

    :)
  • Apr 17, 2012
    ETM
    New Factory Tour/Event

    I visited the NY store to see my favorite car on the planet last sunday. :) i played with the design studio and the little sample thingies and agreed with my previous choice of either silver or gray performance with tan leather and lacewood. I asked about the rumor of the next factory tour. There WILL be an event for all reservation holders to see all color and option combos in June. The lady said they had some dates floating around, but she couldn't comment on any of them, however definitely in June. Reservation holders will also get a tour of the whole factory. I did not ask about test DRIVES but I'm assuming there will be cars at stores by then. Suuuppppperr excited! :)...

    and about the quality of the S, it was of amazingly good! The only fuss that I could agree with was the chrome trim. I inspected the car front to back,, that was my only complaint. The seats were even more comfortable than i thought they would be. I was VERY impressed. (VIN #47 by the way)

    ETM
  • Apr 17, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Great bit of news, ETM! June's going to be perfect here in the Fremont area!
  • Apr 17, 2012
    AnOutsider
    So NY has a beta now? Never got an email :(
  • Apr 17, 2012
    dadaleus
    Oh, just noticed this reply vfx. I've been there and to the LA one. But they aren't performance. That's okay, I'm happy with my choices.
  • Apr 18, 2012
    ETM
    yes it is there. I received an email for an earth day event this weekend for all reservation holders in the area. It looks great and i think the software was updated because the speed of the maps and internet were much faster than before. Also, the headliner will be alacantara for sig cars, regular headlines for general production. too bad I'm not a sig, i absolutely was in love with it, it was incredibly soft!

    ETM
    :smile:
  • Apr 18, 2012
    AnOutsider
    Wow, Tesla really has to work on the consistency of email delivery..l I even called and specifically asked to be on the regional list. Doubt I can make the trip this weekend though. Any word on how long it'll stay?
  • Apr 18, 2012
    ahimberg
    I stopped in at the Seattle (bellevue) store today.

    a few things
    -- website updates were supposed to happen last night but should be coming in the next few days
    -- the car there is only going to be there for a few weeks (no promise of how soon something better will arrive)

    no aero wheel demo to look at
    no open/closing of the pano roof allowed.

    In terms of interior space & storage, I did confirm (as present on the demo car, not that it will be there in the final car) something that I saw mentioned once awhile ago in one of the threads -- there IS a tiny storage pocked on the front edge of the driver/passenger seats -- big enough to fit glasses/mini-kleenex pack, etc.
  • Apr 18, 2012
    brianman
    Despite all the posts about headliner color, this is the first I've heard of this. I'll be curious to hear if neroden hears the same (our resident allergic-to-non-leather) person. (Unless I got my handles mixed up.)
  • Apr 19, 2012
    Iz
    I got an email last week. The reservation holder event is Sunday, April 22nd. 11:00 - 5:00 PM. Looking forward to seeing the Beta in person.
  • Apr 19, 2012
    Iz
    The New York Prototype tour should be available through May 15th.
  • Apr 19, 2012
    Tessier
    The prototype tour is basically the second time around with a different car. To be honest who cares. At this point I want to see production cars making the rounds with test drives to reservation holders. We have all seen the various prototypes and million's of pictures have been taken and posted. With (most likely) less than two month's remaining till the first reservation holders start taking delivery of there cars I for one am over the prototypes, get on with and it bring out the production units already!
  • Apr 19, 2012
    Robert.Boston
    Excellent. I really need a place to put RFID cards and a few other small items, and this will do just fine. Thanks for the report.
  • Apr 19, 2012
    ETM
    she was very sure about it. It was the best headliner i've ever seen.

    ETM
  • Apr 19, 2012
    Man_Utd
    Is there anything special about the event? What's the difference of just showing up and looking at it any other day?
  • Apr 19, 2012
    Iz
    I attended an alpha prototye event in Connecticut last summer for reservation holders. Refreshments were served and goody bags were available. The prototype however was available the entire week. Don't know if the schwag was.
  • Apr 19, 2012
    brianman
    I must have misread your original mail. Rereading it, I guess I just misinterpreted it.

    The way I now read it... the one you saw/felt in NY has the alcantara headliner? I'd love to see some up close photos. This may be part of what has been alluded to as a Sig benefit.
  • Apr 19, 2012
    dadaleus
    The one in LA had an alcantara headliner. Sorry I didn't take pictures but it was definitely alcantara. I didn't really give any thought to it until reading these posts.
  • Apr 20, 2012
    NigelM
    Posted in the local section.

    Beta is coming to Sarasota, FL on April 28th-29th and will be at Sarasota Yacht Club. (VIN #14 that was at NAIAS and recently at Dania Beach store). I understand they are also bringing color samples and interior options. No test drives though.
  • Apr 20, 2012
    ddenboer
    Just got an email that Santana Row is getting a new car this weekend. I was there for lunch today, and the beta from winter testing was still there (and still with the cool new software in the center console). Hopefully this is true about the new beta, because the people at the store said they were going to get a Signature Performance edition next.
  • Apr 20, 2012
    Trnsl8r
    Betting it's #65 mentioned here: Earth Day @Google - Model S
  • Apr 21, 2012
    Sans Gas
    They left out Sarasota, FL April 28.
  • Apr 21, 2012
    Larry Chanin
  • Apr 21, 2012
    spatterso911
    I'm doubtful. That signature red had a base model interior.
  • Apr 21, 2012
    Trnsl8r
    As it turns out it was silver #29. Marketing apparently miscommunicated.
  • Apr 21, 2012
    goyogi
    It was good to meet you at the store though Trnsl8r.
  • Apr 21, 2012
    Trnsl8r
    Likewise. :)
  • Apr 23, 2012
    widodh
    I'm going to be in CA next week so I'm thinking about visiting Santana Row, it's just 10 miles from where I'll stay (Santa Clara).

    Are those 4 betas still in Santana Row? I'd like to checkout those new colors and interiors.
  • Apr 23, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Wido, welcome to CA! Only the Silver beta's at Santana Row still. Pending confirmation from BYT_1,837, the Black beta and a newer Red (VIN #65) beta are at the Menlo Park store a few miles further up Hwy 101. All this could change in a week!
  • Apr 23, 2012
    BYT_P1837
    I was going post the update on the other forum but can do it here as promised... :)

    I posted on the TeslaMotors forum from the Beta Model S Black VIN# 00023 and unfortunately the Signature Red Model S I say was such an early prototype that it didn't even have a VIN, it was the original car with the center console and Roadster batteries (pre-Alpha Interior) so it definitely was not the one you saw at Google's EarthDay celebration. They also have at the Menlo Park store Tesla Model S Vin#00001, a very VERY rough draft of the car that works and have over 20k miles on it and used for preliminary hot and cold weather driving. I have a few photo's taken and will upload them somewhere and post.

    UPDATE: Pictures by bthomasian - Photobucket
  • Apr 23, 2012
    widodh
    Thanks!

    I actually visit CA regularly, about twice a year. I'm heading there for business (IT) again.

    On May 4th I have a day off, so I'll go head over to Menlo Park and Santana Row then :)
  • Apr 23, 2012
    BYT_P1837
    You can call the Menlo Park store before visiting to see what they have as it's never a guarantee what they have (but because it's a bigger store they have more room to fit more Model S') I last spoke to Kyle Thompson and the number in Menlo Park is (650) 681-5800

    Side Note, when you look up the phone number for Elon Musk on the Model S phone app screen, it also reveals that phone number on the Black Model S VIN# 00023 ;)
  • Apr 23, 2012
    johns258
    There's a revamped black model S showing at the DC store this week. Used to be at Bellevue. Could that be the VIN 23?
  • Apr 23, 2012
    BYT_P1837
    Nope, not unless they can move it across country in less then 12 hours because I saw Vin 23 late last night.
  • Apr 23, 2012
    johns258
    Thanks! I'll see it Thursday so I'll know first hand.
  • Apr 23, 2012
    jcadman22
    The DC store was supposed to get a "new" Beta (fresh off the Fremont line) earlier this month but it has been held in CA for some special events. Maybe one of the cars from the Google Earth Day showing will be making it's way out here? The car is supposed to be in the store at the end of this week and should stay with the store until the Production candidates start showing up in a couple/few months.
  • Apr 23, 2012
    Bound466
    I was at the Newport Beach Fashion Island store on Sunday. Unfortunately they still have that old black beta still there (its pretty beat up now with gashes in the upholstery and missing visors and such). The Tesla rep there said that the first weekend in May they will have a "rainbow event", where they will have all four signatures there representing all four Sig colors. Plus the Model X. I'm not sure if they will be the same four VINs that were at the Santana Row event, but sounds like they will have updated betas regardless. She said email invites will be coming out soon to local Southern California rez holders. Whether this event will happen remains to be seen. I have my fingers crossed though :biggrin:
  • Apr 23, 2012
    joefee
    It would be nice to see all the SoCal rez holders at an event like that � see ya soon :)
  • Apr 23, 2012
    ddenboer
    I have it on pretty good authority about the SoCal event, and there will be more details revealed there. It seems that Tesla is using that event for other announcements too.
  • Apr 24, 2012
    BYT_P1837
    Seeing that Elon lives in SoCal and has the Design Studio across from SpaceX makes it the prime spot outside of the Bay Area (Silicon Valley) for a big announcement and great sample cars as well once they roll off production.
  • Apr 24, 2012
    johns258
    Black Model S VIN 22 in the DC store as of today. Will see it Friday.
  • Apr 24, 2012
    jcadman22
    With a low # like 22 this doesn't sound like the "new" Beta they were hoping for. But that is my lucky # and I haven't seen a black Model S yet so I will be there on Friday too.
  • Apr 27, 2012
    Bound466
    Got the email confirmation from Tesla just a couple hours ago. The Tesla Fashion Island store will have their version of the Santana Row event with the 4 betas on May 4th-6th. Plus the X. I'm so there. Here's a screen capture of the email.

    Tesla Event.jpg

    I'm not sure why the image came out so small.. Sorry :) Should be fixed now, thanks Doug
  • Apr 27, 2012
    AnOutsider
    I got emails confirming New York and DC got their betas as well
  • Apr 28, 2012
    loganss
    I got the following email yesterday about the new Beta in DC:
    TeslaBetaInDC.jpg
  • Apr 28, 2012
    johns258
    The DC beta is VIN 22. It has been cleaned up but is still slightly used looking. The big screen does very little, the pano roof doesn't open and the exterior door handles don't work. You can't start the car. (does it actually have a motor?) the air suspension works which was kinda cool when four of us got in the car it kicked on and slightly but noticeably raised and leveled the car. It is exactly what the VIN 22 states - an early beta. It had been a long time (October - Fremont) since I had been in the Model S so it was still a thrill.
  • Apr 28, 2012
    dsm363
    I'll be in DC area soon. Wonder why they said it is a new beta then. I may still go check it out.
  • Apr 28, 2012
    Trnsl8r
    We had the same thing happen in Santana Row (up-thread). We determined that "new" meant "different from before". :)
  • Apr 28, 2012
    brianman
    New to the store, not necessarily new to OCD forum folk. ;)
  • Apr 29, 2012
    Tempus
    Im going to stop by the dc store this afternoon. More because i want to see how the black looks in person than any expectations for the interior. (and we will happen to be driving by there). Also somewhat curious to play with the range estimator tool.
  • Apr 29, 2012
    johns258
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335742699.437411.jpg

    The DC Tesla store sits on the famous "K" Street. The Modem S VIN 22 has no motor or battery. The service bay was spotless - surprise - not a drop of oil anywhere!
  • Apr 29, 2012
    johns258
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335742906.343265.jpg

    The empty but spotless service bay.
  • Apr 29, 2012
    vfx
    "Infamous'?
  • Apr 30, 2012
    dsm363
    Which means more than famous:smile:
  • Apr 30, 2012
    brianman
    "beyond famous"
    - Three Amigos
  • May 3, 2012
    Discoducky
  • May 3, 2012
    doug
    We resize inline images to be 640 pixels wide (which you can click to view larger). However, about two thirds the width of your image is blank white space, so when resized it makes the important bit even smaller.
  • May 3, 2012
    brianman
  • May 3, 2012
    spatterso911
    Is anyone going to the Fashion Island event on Friday?
  • May 3, 2012
    vfx
    Fashion Island Sunday Time YTBD
  • May 3, 2012
    Tommy
    I plan on getting there in the morning when they open; will get a quick snack at Le Pain Quotidien (it's a bakery) which is just across the courtyard. If you're in the area, you have to try Keans Coffee located at : 2043 Westcliff Drive, Suite 100
    Newport Beach, CA 92660. Owned by Mr. Diedrich (of Diedrich Coffee) himself.
  • May 3, 2012
    dadaleus
    I'll be there in the Roadster sometime fairly late Friday (maybe around 7pm) on my drive from LA to San Diego. I don't expect there's much new to see at this point (I've ridden in the X and been for a few rides in the S), but it would be fun to see all four colors and the X lined up. Hopefully there will still be a charger free, but I'm okay without it regardless.

    Fear though is I don't want anything to change my mind about colors since I've already placed my order!
  • May 3, 2012
    Bound466
    Thanks Doug. I can't believe I missed that. I was so excited to see that email.
  • May 3, 2012
    Discoducky
    Anyone know the VIN of the new white Model S at the Bellevue store? Wondering if it has working exterior door handles since I haven't experienced them working yet.
  • May 3, 2012
    Blurry_Eyed
    VIN #46 is the white car at the Bellevue Store. I don't believe the exterior door handles are active. But that may be because the key fob is not in the car.

    Also the firmware is updated and has some nice features. There is an owners manual accessible through the touch screen and a bunch of new vehicle adjustments available. I posted in the Sticky about the Model S Dashboard and Console controls at the top of the Model S forum if you want more details on the latest firmware. But I'll repeat here that the firmware now shows the settings for the adjustable air suspension, settings to control how the car locks/unlocks (You can do multiple unlock, you can set the child locks from the touch screen), the key fob has three touch zones (one to open the Frunk, one to open the trunk (and also close it if you have the power lift gate) and one to lock/unlock the doors (as well as open and close all the windows from a distance).

    You can set the regen to low or normal (I'm guessing that low makes the Model S feel more like a hybrid and moves the regen to the brake, rather than the accelerator), you can turn off traction control, there are three or four (can't remember exactly) settings for steering control (i'm assuming it controls the feel and response of the steering system) and a bunch of other interesting user adjustable settings for all the aspects of the vehicle. Pretty impressive and I'm sure Tesla will keep improving it right up to production. Then once production cars are in the wild, I would anticipate that there would be updates based on user feedback.

    I'd highly recommend you go to the store and sit in the car and just take your time to dig into the touchscreen controls and peruse the manual, you'll learn a lot about the car that hasn't been discussed yet on the forum.
  • May 3, 2012
    Bound466
    We will be at Fashion Island on Sunday, probably when it opens. Looking forward to seeing the X, and also testing out the jump seats.
  • May 3, 2012
    Discoducky
    Thanks Blurry! I think I will.
  • May 3, 2012
    vfx
    Were you at the Cheesecake Factory pre X night gathering?
  • May 4, 2012
    dadaleus
    Nope... Like to have but work called. Worked at our LA office that day then picked up my wife at Union Station and headed straight to the event.

    I regret not making it work. But I believe we met briefly at the last rally.
  • May 4, 2012
    spatterso911
    I will be there around 12:30. My wife is coming by around 1:30 to see the X. I will check out Keans. A good cup of java would be 'keen' around then.
  • May 4, 2012
    dadaleus
    Spent a while at the Newport store tonight:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336195966.012708.jpg

    They had a car they said was just finished at the factory yesterday (the white above): They said its an actual performance model, but with regular signature leather.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336195994.779193.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336196183.378540.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336196259.621200.jpg

    It had the latest software. Screen shots:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336196311.979853.jpg
    I raised the suspension from Low to Vhigh with my foot on the ground out the door. The car went WAY up. You can see it in this mode in the wheel pic above.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336196329.136514.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336196345.916583.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336196359.625673.jpg

    Most interesting of all was the keyfob. It's TINY... Size of a hot wheels car. It will be in the color of your car. No buttons of any kind though. I guess that means no remote opening of the trunk or fronk... The rep I asked said he didn't know if that was final.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336197126.514320.jpg

    And a couple pics of the X proto. It's side cameras have been swapped for mirrors, and the falcon doors worked correctly (unlike at the X reveal).
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336196837.537060.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336196856.879474.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336196872.495823.jpg
  • May 4, 2012
    widodh
    Cool! I'm stopping by in Newport on Sunday. Can't wait to see all those cars and play around with them :)
  • May 5, 2012
    dadaleus
    From Holland?? :wink:
  • May 5, 2012
    dadaleus
    Oh, and the door handles on #53 work... Totally cool to play with!
  • May 5, 2012
    brianman
    Thanks for sharing, dadaleus.
  • May 5, 2012
    spatterso911
    IMG_1196.JPG
    Gratuitous shot of the 21" performance turbines.



    IMG_1198.JPG
    I found out that if you "depress and hold" any of the scrollers on the steering wheel, it opened up the display options for either side of the instrument panel. You could display mileage, trip computer, estimated range, electrical system, music selection, or navigation. Each side was "smart" enough to prevent you from displaying the same information on both sides of the panel. I would kick to the next option. Superb graphics quality, btw.


    IMG_1204.JPG
    The left upper stalk is for cruise control, 4-way movement. There is a bottom stalk to move the steering column, and the middle stalk is for turn signal and headlamp/flash operation.



    IMG_1200.JPG
    The back seat of the performance had integrated rear seat headrests. The rear hatch had a speaker bar below the windshield as part of the sound upgrade package.

    IMG_1201.JPG
    This is the A-pillar speaker (tweeter) and you can see the beginning of the speaker bar that runs along the entire base of the windshield if you get the sound upgrade.



    IMG_1202.JPG
    This is a bigger shot of the base of the windshield.



    IMG_1230.JPG
    @dadaleus - key fob does have buttons. There are three, one at the hood, one over the top, and one at the trunk. You depress along the center to activate. It was working on the performance and I was able to lock the doors.



    IMG_1231.JPG
    Pic of the working door handles. I found out that if you touch the chrome while it is extended, it will withdraw. Touch inside the handle, and it will open the door. Door pops open with an electric click!
  • May 5, 2012
    Blurry_Eyed
    On VIN #46 at the Bellevue store there is an onboard manual accessible through the touch screen. It says the key fob also can open and close the windows in addition to its ability to open and close the trunk (remote closing is with the power lift gate option available in the tech package, the fob will only release the frunk lock, not actually open the frunk and it won't close the frunk). Another neat feature is the ability to customize the opening height of the trunk. I'm assuming that is also only available with the power lift gate option. I think the manual said you hold down the trunk release button on the key fob continuously as the power lift gate is opening and then release it at the height you want it to stop it. It will remember that height and only open it that high. I'd guess you could then manually open it higher if you wanted to. Handy for people who might have low ceilings in their garages.

    Maybe they will use that system for the Falcon wings doors in the X to keep them from hitting the ceiling for people who have low height parking bays?
  • May 5, 2012
    gg_got_a_tesla
  • May 5, 2012
    widodh
    Yes, I'm in California at the moment. So I'm not going to miss this opportunity!
  • May 5, 2012
    dsm363
    Great pictures dadaleus and spatters0911. Thanks. Any video of the handles or pano roof by any chance? What were your impressions of the interior?
  • May 5, 2012
    spatterso911
    I didn't get any video of the handles working, although they were very simple to operate. My 4-year old daughter walked up and tapped it to get it to pop out. Handles popped out pretty quickly, then, when you made as light pulling motion on the inside metal, the servos pop the door open. Handles stay out as long as the door is open. Fit and finish of the door handle to body was very good.

    Now...interiors...

    The quality varied from car to car, obviously.

    Beta 53 was a pearl white performance with tan interior. Seats were standard sig leather, though. Advisor said that Tesla didn't have tan performance seats available at the time car was built. Depending upon which advisor you asked, the car either came off the line or was hand built. I tend to think line over hand-built. Pearl white was excellent quality, glistened in the sun, with nice depth. Nearly Lexus quality IMHO, and I consider Lexus pearl white to be the gold-standard. Tan interior was surprisingly VERY nice, and matched the headliner very well. Headliner was alcantara. I think the pictures from the design studio do not do it justice. It is so much nicer in person. trim was CF, although the CF was a matte patina and not much depth. It differed from the hand samples. It didn't quite pop like I thought it would, but was still attractive.

    Fit/finish outside was typical beta, with a slight panel rise on the right hood corner at the rear, and some panel gap issues, although, pearl white showed the gaps far more than black, obviously. CF bits on the front lip and rear diffuser were superb -- SO WORTH IT! If you don't get performance version, the aftermarket will develop these bits and they really look nice. There was no CF on the Tesla T of the nose of the car. I guess it wasn't ready at build time, but the advisor acknowledged that it was supposed to be there. Spoiler was CF and looked good enough to convince me to keep it. Made the car look that much more aggressive than the other betas. No obvious brake differences.

    Interior fit/finish was also typical, although better quality. The dash was apparently leather covered, although I didn't think it was real leather. There simply isn't an example of one car with the full package out there that I know of. It is still kind of a FrankenTesla. Leather felt great and seats were comfortable with easy adjustment. My advisor was 6'4" and had decent headroom up front. I am 5'10" and front and back were very comfortable, no headroom issues, although the 6'4" crowd and up had better slouch a little in the back. Beta 53 had the painted roof, btw. It had the sound upgrade and we tested the sound. Sub was good quality, although I'm certain it wasn't tuned yet in that car. Base of windshield had a sound bar along base which contained additional tweeters for a center channel effect. A-pillars had typical tweeters as well. No settings available to modify sound quality or EQ. I think they just weren't turned on.

    Screens all had quick response. Settings for lighting were active. Apps tab has been removed to a sub menu within settings where you can see all "apps" including native Tesla stuff. The key here is the menu navigation and whole touchscreen operation is very intuitive and you get an expected reaction to your input. In the radio screen, for example, I simply slide the dial and I can change stations quickly, or I can press buttons to inch it forward one station at a time. Nice big buttons. Google maps was brisk. Advisor said that given amount of data is relatively small, 3G bandwith is more than sufficient to handle the data needs. He also confirmed OTA updates for service/upgrades.

    No one knew anything about center panel options.

    Rear charge port was only opened by internal button on touchscreen, although advisor said it will pop open when you approach with a UMC or HPC charge plug.

    ... More to come ...
  • May 5, 2012
    spatterso911
    Pano roof was operational on the black beta. Pano opened smoothly and quickly. The open-air feeling is astounding. No sun shades.
  • May 5, 2012
    spatterso911
    Another comment on the signature red. This was my first time seeing this color and it is really spectacular, and worth the upgrade to signature. Deep red color with pearlescent quality. I wept inside for not jumping on board sooner.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét