Thứ Năm, 29 tháng 12, 2016

P85 Loaner Cars! Sweet!! part 3

  • May 2, 2013
    giants2001
    That's what I was thinking too, but I checked and sure enough got turn by turn navigation. Hybrid Tech Package? or maybe they made a mistake and this became a loaner...
  • May 2, 2013
    dms

    Your issue with the keys was my fault. I apologize for the delay. The vehicle we gave you was not yet set up for loaner use. But it all worked out. And yes, much better to drive than an ICE.

    Mike
  • May 2, 2013
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Welcome, Mike, to the forums! Always good to have a Tesla employee post here. Be seeing you at the Fremont SC in the near future!
  • May 2, 2013
    giants2001
    Yes, thanks Mike for responding. I will say that with all the hiccups in the beginnings of this new car company, Tesla always seems to do the "right" thing in the end. I do appreciate that. I know you guys work crazy hours and so I would also like to say that the guy helping me today (apologize for forgetting his name) did an outstanding job. I do hope his efforts are noticed :smile:
  • May 4, 2013
    brianman
    I'm disappointed. I thought this example was going to end with coining of the word "cloaner".

    cloaner (n): Vehicle made by doing physics jujitsu on a Tesla loaner fleet vehicle to turn it into twins.
  • May 13, 2013
    Hut
    Wonder whether they will put the Performance Plus Package as a loaner vehicle.
  • May 14, 2013
    ddenboer
    Got a P85 as loaner car today from Fremont service. Nice car. Feels faster than my Sig P85 by several percent, but has continental tires (like mine). Suspension feels stiffer too. Great new car smell.
  • May 14, 2013
    kevincwelch
    Dropped my MS off at the Chicago Service Center. No loaners yet :(

    But, they paid for a limo to take me back to work -- really appreciate that!
  • May 14, 2013
    eelton
    I made an appointment for May 28 in Chicago, and they said I'd be getting an Enterprise rent-a-car.

    (A limo, eh? I was thinking of just taking the el home rather than bother with the rental.)



  • May 15, 2013
    spatterso911
    Prospective service done on my 12V battery today. Got an S85 loaner in Costa Mesa. Noticed that off the line acceleration was a little slower than my P85, but acceleration from 45-75 was almost identical. Very impressed with the S85 power, overall, compared to the P85. Loaner was otherwise fully loaded. Recommended that they have the alloy gators installed on their loaner vehicles, as many come back with rim rash that costs over $200 per wheel to repair, plus potential tire damage. Service tech saw mine and noted that to be a good idea. I hope they take the advice. Service tech told me that the P85+ would be placed in service as loaner models soon. Costa Mesa says they are getting more loaner models within the next week or so. Great service overall!
  • Jun 11, 2013
    ken830
    Any one get a loaner from Menlo Park recently?

    Car was in service at Menlo Park for two days a few weeks ago, and I got a crappy rental because they only have two loaners and they were already given away. I'm now scheduled to bring the car back in next Monday and would really, really, really want a loaner instead... Life is horrible without a Tesla...
  • Jun 11, 2013
    100thMonkey
    my car is in for service and a black P85 loaner was delivered to my house last night. It's beautiful, has a tighter feel likely from being about 6,000 cars further down the production line. the odd bummer for me is that the service P85's don't have active air suspension and thus are not adjustable. I can't park it in my garage without lifting the suspension because of the steep grade, so I can't charge the loaner except at 110V/12A, which is limiting. It seems odd to me that they created a version without active air. anyone know why they did this?
  • Jun 11, 2013
    qwk
    Damn. If I would have known this, I would have waited to buy a loaner. I wanted a P85, but the air suspension was a dealbreaker.
  • Jun 11, 2013
    100thMonkey
    what don't you like about active air? I do have to say that the standard suspension corners remarkably well with little body roll, at least that I could tell on the back roads here.
  • Jun 11, 2013
    Norcalgal
    @ken830 I was given a roadster as a loaner last week at Menlo Park. What a fun car with a cool sound. I think they made a point to get me a Tesla since I had been in for minor service the prior week. My loaner the prior week from Enterprise was a Ford Explorer. Now that was a crappy drive.
  • Jun 11, 2013
    qwk
    Active air suspensions have a very high rate of failure usually after the warranty expires. I live and drive on gravel roads quite a bit(sometimes with lots of snow and mud), and that isn't the best environment for air suspensions. I plan to keep this car for a long time, so my decision was pretty much a no brainer.
  • Jun 12, 2013
    ken830
    Thanks. The last time I was in, the guy in front of me got the last loaner (Roadster)... I really hope I get one... The last rental was a Sonata Hybrid, which probably is a good-enough car if I have never driven a Tesla...

  • Jun 12, 2013
    PaceyWhitter
    That is really wierd, why would they make their loaner cars in configurations that couldn't be ordered?
  • Jun 12, 2013
    radinator
    ken830, I am taking my car in for its first scheduled Tesla service end of this week at Menlo Park and was told I would be getting a loaner. They were supposed to get in a fleet of Model S loaners this week or last. I'll let you know what happens after I drop the car off. Keeping my fingers crossed it is a P85+, so I can compare it to my P85.
  • Jun 12, 2013
    roblab
    Only they loan out the loaners, so they bring out a VW Passat to trade. I was told I'd get a loaner, too, until I got there. Then it was over to Enterprise. Driving a VW after a Tesla is not what the doctor ordered.

    I was greatly irritated, about this and several other issues. Tesla does not have it together yet. Two loaners (a fleet??) don't cover the need, and a management that sends loaners out after telling you he will have one for you makes for a bad experience. They need to move a couple managers on out to the boonies where they can't hurt anyone.
  • Jun 12, 2013
    ken830
    Yes. Please let me know. And if you get a loaner, bring it back by Monday morning, so I can get it!
  • Jun 13, 2013
    pete8314
    For the record, I got a Blue P85 loaner from the Dallas SC, running 4.5 (1.33.48), VIN7668. MUCH better than messing around with Enterprise! Also for the record, regular headliner (not Alcantara) and no springy bits in the cup holders. Only other difference I noticed was that the carpet inlay for the center console space was more of a felt, whereas mine just feels the same as all the other carpet in the car.

    Oh, speed restricted to 80mph too.
  • Jun 13, 2013
    Hank42
    So whats the point?
  • Jun 13, 2013
    Liz G
    I got a white loaner from the St Louis service center. P85, alcantra, pano, but no active air. And it's not Limited.
  • Jun 13, 2013
    pete8314
    It was still fun to drive, and far better than an Enterprise Kia! It was a new loaner agreement, every SC will be getting it.
  • Jun 13, 2013
    brianman
    You can do a lot of interesting (something legal some not) things between 0 and 80mph.
  • Jun 13, 2013
    dflye
    Good lord, the cops on the freeway would pull me over for obstructing traffic at that speed!
  • Jun 14, 2013
    fluxemag
    Just got a loaner in Scottsdale. A regular 85 with cloth, air, solid roof and 19"...hmmm. The car had 120 miles on it when I got it. I have a "40" with pano, leather and 20" aftermarket wheels (all show and less go). Definitely prefer my car, can't tell the difference between suspensions except the air makes more noise. I had chosen the pano for headroom based on sitting in a solid roof car at a store. Either they changed something or I didn't adjust the seat in the store car, because there is plenty of headroom. The extra performance is noticeable in the 85, although only when maxed out (there's no speed limiter on the loaner I have btw). Disappointed it wasn't a P85, but it was still pretty sweet to have the car valeted to my house.
  • Jun 14, 2013
    radinator
    I did get a Model S loaner - a 60 that is new and the owner decided they would upgrade. I was given a choice between that one and a Roadster. Unfortunately my car is going to be in for service thru at least Monday, and the service advisor mentioned it has been tough to hold on to the loaners as they keep getting purchased.
  • Jun 14, 2013
    joefee
    What do you get when you bring your Sig P85 in for service.....a Roadster! Thanks Elon!
  • Jun 17, 2013
    ken830
    Foiled again. Waiting for Enterprise again... =(
  • Jun 17, 2013
    MichaelS
    Just dropped off my 60 this morning. Got a Roadster loaner. It's tough shoehorning my 6'2" frame into that car. It's also very noisy from road noise. Any bump and it sounds like I hit something.

    But, I am grateful that I can continue to drive electric.
  • Jun 19, 2013
    kevincwelch
    Not very pleased.

    Dropped off my MS; hoped to get a P85 loaner. Got this instead. :D

    aga9yrus.jpg


    Sent via Tapatalk.
  • Jun 19, 2013
    efusco
    Ranger is coming to pick up my Model S on July 3rd for 12k service and several lingering minor issues (driver's side vent, steering wheel click, etc.) and will have the car over the entire July 4th weekend and into the next week. I knew St.Louis service has a white Model S Perf loaner and specifically enquired as to whether they'd be able to leave it for me. Unfortunately the service advisor wasn't very confident that it would be available since they've had to loan it quite a lot apparently. I reinforce my desire to have it, particularly for the long weekend and time they'll have my car.

    We'll see...they offered Enterprise as the alternative if they can't get me the S, but I'll just drive my Prius rather than bother with a full fuel rental. Clearly they need several more loaners.
  • Jun 19, 2013
    Bifff67
    Just today was given a Silver P85 for a loaner. And then the work went long and have to keep it overnight. Rockville MD now has four. This one was brand new! 24 miles. Almost doesn't seem right. Speed limited? Since it just came in they may not have gotten around to that yet. I'll check.
  • Jun 19, 2013
    stevezzzz
    The Denver SC sent a flatbed for my S instead of a loaner. They can't keep P85 loaners in stock: the cars get bought by folks coming in off the street as fast as they get them in.
  • Jun 19, 2013
    wraithnot
    The San Rafael service center was out of loaners this morning when I went in to get a sticky frunk latch fixed so the valet had to give me a ride back to work in my own car. Imagine my surprise when he pulled up to my work to pick me up in a shiny red P85! It had the sunroof and alcantara and something like 3,400 miles, but I couldn't see the VIN from the passengers seat. I thought he was coming to get me in my car again since the app showed my car in motion, but it turns out they had just finished my car and were detailing it. Anyway, San Rafael just got their red P85 loaner back so now might be a good time to get any service you need done there. Although you better hurry if you want a loaner since I got the impression the two loaners they have isn't nearly enough.
  • Jun 19, 2013
    TurboFroggy
    Got this beautiful loaner from the Bellevue Washington Service Center today, A P85+. I think the VIN was 11,8xx only had 800 miles on it.
    WP_20130619_002.jpg
  • Jun 19, 2013
    brianman
    @TurboFroggy - You sure it's not 11264? I returned mine with about that many miles on it (788 on Tuesday night).
  • Jun 19, 2013
    TurboFroggy
    I didn't write it down but it certainly could have been 11,264, I was marveling it was about 2X my VIN. If it was a Red P85+ from Bellevue SC then it is more than likely the same car.
  • Jun 19, 2013
    brianman
    50% chance (they had two P85+ in red when I picked mine up) :)
  • Jun 20, 2013
    mnx
    So, what did you think of the roadster vs. Model S? (Have you had the chance to drive one before??)
  • Jun 20, 2013
    irishstoutaz
    We have a Blue P85 loaner that we got yesterday when dropping of ours for some small items and the latch recall. VIN is 11611 (might also be in the recall...) and had 380 miles on it. Can tell the difference on 0-60 from our S85 but outside of that it is a bit noisy compared to ours. Probably due to the 21" wheels/tires, no tint, and no parcel shelf.
  • Jun 20, 2013
    Lou Olsen
    I love the concept, but when I took my S in for service recently, the loaner I got looked and drove exactly like a Chevy Malibu. Not exactly the supreme driving experience I was expecting. I absolutely love the idea of "loaning up", but I just wish that the hype didn't precede the actual execution. Maybe next time....
  • Jun 20, 2013
    kevincwelch
    I actually liked it quite a bit. I was afraid I would have trouble getting in and getting out, but after the first couple of awkward entry/exit experiments, it was pretty seamless for me. Like MichaelS said, when you drive over a bump, manhole cover or something, it feels and sounds like you've run over a small mammal. You feel everything in this car unless the road is absolutely smooth. You can hear a very distinct engine whine when accelerating, and there are all kinds of fans and fluids running around.

    The Roadster accelerates like nobody's business! The wheel is very heavy and I liked that quite a bit. I felt like I really had control of the car when turning corners. With the windows down, it wasn't too windy in the cabin. I also feel like the car utilized battery more conservatively than the Model S -- in practical terms, a mile seemed like a mile in the Roadster whereas a mile in the Model S is more like 1.3 miles of battery consumption in the Model S. The Roadster turns a lot of heads -- it really does. It turned more heads than my Model S does around here. Perhaps that's because the Model is can be disguised as other street cars. There's no mistaking the cool oddity of the Roadster.

    It was just really fun to drive, and I've never driven one or any type of car like this before.

    When I got back my Model S this afternoon, I felt like I was driving a Hummer! It was so high off the ground. The Model S was so much quieter and more comfortable IMHO as well. I was glad to have it back. However, I will definitely try to get a Roadster loaner if I have to take the Model S back for anything!
  • Jun 20, 2013
    85n280
    I am scheduled for a service next week in the Menlo Park CA location.

    (1) they said they are closing soon and "moving to Burlingame?" and other stores/service centers are opening in Palo Alto and San Jose

    (2) they said they sold off all their P85 loaner cars so they would definitely offer a loaner from Enterprise Rent a Car.

    What happened at least to the valet service?

    I am surprised it almost seems like a totally different company from the one depicted by all the flashy press releases by Musk on the web site....

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think it was better before Musk issued the press release talking about the P85 loaners. The head of the service department at the Menlo Park location of Tesla was very nice when I met him last fall after receiving my car. He was apologetic at the time for the Enterprise rentals but was offering great service otherwise. I think the company's executive suite needs to be more careful on what they promise to the community. It's like when an airline highly touts some new seating configuration for their fleet but when most of their planes are still the old model. Setting things up for disappointment....
  • Jun 21, 2013
    stevezzzz
    Yeah, there's a little bit of that, for sure. As an owner, I think that since Elon promised us a fleet of P85/P85+ loaners, Tesla shouldn't sell them to just any Tom, Dick or Harry off the streets. If a current owner wants to swap cars and pay the upgrade, fine: at least there's still a model S in the loaner pool.

    OTOH, as a stockholder, I'm thrilled that Tesla has a hard time keeping the loaners. Tesla's in the business of selling cars, after all.
  • Jun 24, 2013
    STxTesla
    Yes...same thing happened to me. I received a call today from Tesla service and was told that they needed to perform some upgrades and take care of some technical service bulletin items on my Model S. They asked if I had another vehicle to drive while my Model S was in the shop. I asked why I wasn't being offered a loaner Model S and was told that they do not have any in the Houston service center to loan out at this time. I was disappointed and will have to take my truck to get an inspection sticker before Monday so that I can send my car to Houston for service. I find it odd that the loaner program was hyped as a special service to us owners and now loaners are not available. This change in service level seems uncharacteristic of an Elon Musk company... I hope that this lapse in quality service is due to growing pains and is merely an anomaly.

    A while after the call I felt as if I had been somewhat betrayed by Tesla. I thought about the extra money that I spent for a Signature Series and now I am going out of my way to facilitate the service of my car. Sheesh.
  • Jun 24, 2013
    ken830
    This sucks, but definitely better than the opposite scenario where the factory is running at full capacity and there are no customers left waiting for cars, so they keep cranking out loaner cars that just pile up at service centers.
  • Jun 25, 2013
    kevincwelch
    I for one am happy to get any car when dropping off my MS.

    Sure, I'd love to have a MS or Roadster, but having Tesla have an arranged rental sitting there and waiting for me is just fine.
  • Jun 25, 2013
    Botbldr45
    Took old #992 in for annual service and got a P85 for two days..............................OMG!!!! No wonder you guys are bonkers over this car! It is a very nice ride.
    Presently in the process of making financials to pay off #992 (cant get rid of that) so we can get a brown S with beige interior........... This came from my wife!! She drove the loaner around one afternoon with her Yoga gang, came home and told me her Honda hybrid was too old and we need a new car!!

    Go Tesla ...... thats what I call good marketing!
  • Jun 25, 2013
    ken830
    Is that what they do for you? At Menlo Park, we have to wait around for the Enterprise guy to show up, drive us two towns over to Enterprise in Redwood City. Then wait in line to complete the paperwork to rent a car. At least we can just leave the rental at the service center when the Tesla is done with service. But not before having to fill-up at a gas station first.
  • Jun 25, 2013
    fluxemag
    Drove the P85 loaner just now as part of the recall service. Wow! I forgot what that was like as it's been a few months since the test drive. However...I think it reduced power after about 15 miles to work or spirited driving in the searing AZ heat. I got a yellow bar around 240kW and the car was noticeably slower (felt like driving my 40/60). Also, I was anxious to see if the road noise I get from my aftermarket 20" wheels and tires was worse than the stock 21's. I know that mine are worse than the 19's. Well nope! Those 21's had the most god awful drone at 75mph. It was literally louder than an exhaust. I'm going to ask if something is wrong it's so bad.
  • Jun 25, 2013
    T2v
    Returned my P85 loaner after an amazing day of g- force thrill rides ! Each time I floored it , did something like a burnout and got plastered yo the seat and could literally feel my cheeks being pulled sideways ! Just loved it, but as I told the guys at RSC, if I were to have this beast I would lose my license in a jiffy ! Out of the world !
  • Jun 25, 2013
    AustinPowers
    That makes it even harder for me to endure the wait until 4 Sept when I will have my test drive here in and around Frankfurt - Tesla told me I would get to drive a P85.

    Of course it's a good tactic, letting potential customers drive the top of the line model. That way them selling me a car is far more likely :wink:
  • Jun 25, 2013
    Trnsl8r
    Same thing the two times I had Enterprise rentals from Fremont (days before loaners). Also got lightly hustled to spring for extra insurance protection by Enterprise when he heard I had a $1k deductible... "You got a thousand dollahrs to play around with?!" Bite me... where did you just pick me up from?
  • Jun 26, 2013
    adiggs
    The Portland service folks have locked me up as a customer.

    We've had my Roadster scheduled for some minor service for Thursday of this week. But with me leaving on Friday morning for BC2BC, neither of us were comfortable with waiting till Thursday to start the service - what if a part is needed and not on hand? End result is I took the Roadster in on Monday to leave with them for whenever time opened up in their schedule, and they sent me on my way in a brown P85. Driving the Model S has certainly made it easy to be parted with the Roadster for a few days, and it's nice to see how the rest of you live :)

    This is a service experience so far beyond anything I've had before. I realize that the next time around, all of the loaners might be out with other people at the time, so I don't figure I'm guaranteed an S or Roadster each time. I also figure that Tesla is still figuring out what the demand and sales rate from the loaner and test drive fleet will be, and then getting that number of cars built and distributed (and having room in the build schedule to maintain that fleet). I bet that in a year, and probably more like a few months, loaner S's will be more the norm than the exception.

    In the meantime, I am treasuring this experience, and happy to be supporting a company that works this way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Heh - maybe that $1k deductible is part of the choices and attitude that make it possible to be picked up at the Tesla Service location.
  • Jun 26, 2013
    ken830
    Got similar treatment the first time. But the second time, he left me alone when I declined. Hopefully, the next time, I'll get a loaner and bypass all of this nonsense...
  • Jun 26, 2013
    hcsharp
    If so many of the loaners are selling, where are the cars that are being traded in? It seems like there should be a lot of slightly used Model S around that customers had to sell after buying the loaner.
  • Jun 26, 2013
    adiggs
    I think they are selling to new owners, rather than being bought by people trading up on their existing Model S.
  • Jun 26, 2013
    hcsharp
    I thought they were being driven by current owners who brought their cars in for service. If they like the loaner, they can buy it instead of taking their old car back. I didn't think they were being offered to non-owners.
  • Jun 26, 2013
    mulder1231
    Bummer, Model S loaners all gone today at Menlo Park service center ... Got a noisy, smelly Camaro convertible rental car instead. How can a muscle car that's almost all engine be so shaky and still slow? And once you're at decent speed the breaking is terrible!

    Btw. It was extremely busy at the Menlo service station, a ton of Ses parked outside, must have been at least 40. I was told because they are in the midst of the recall.

    -- updated --

    Funny, today I went to get my coffee fix at Peets, in the Camaro with the top open. I parked, got my latte and sat in the store for a while. Then I got up to get back and noticed my car keys weren't in my pocket. I'd left the car running outside with the keys still in the ignition, display still on, lol. Anyone else guilty of this?

    image.jpg

    You get so used to the Model S where you just press the Park button and leave your car and it will automatically turn off and lock :biggrin:
  • Jul 1, 2013
    efusco
    Just learned from Matt Annis that the loaner is in the process of being sold and won't be available to anyone. They're expecting a replacement in 1-2 weeks.

    Looks like I'm going to put off my annual maintenance until they have it.
  • Jul 23, 2013
    JimO S1873
    Has anyone gotten a loaner lately? I got a p85 loaner last Friday and all of a suden yesterday (Monday) they decide to limit the top speed to 70 mph. Out here in Los Angeles you will get run over going that slow. Anyone else experience this?
  • Jul 23, 2013
    ChadS
    I had one yesterday, and it was limited to 80. Up in Seattle, though.
  • Jul 23, 2013
    pete8314
    Yes, see way above in this thread. Limited to 80 here in Dallas.
  • Jul 23, 2013
    JPP
    As of last Friday Fremont SC Had 1 loaner (P85) and the service manager was bemoaning the chronic shortage/unavailability (his clients were none too happy). And, BTW, the 'rental' loaner agreement you sign notes that the vehicle is speed limited to 80 MPH.
  • Jul 23, 2013
    modelsmagic
    JPP,

    Do you recall the config. on that Model S?
  • Jul 23, 2013
    JPP
    VIN 15790, P85 (NOT +) silver/black, silver turbine 21"/Contis, full spec (Pano, air, sound, tech, jump seats)--did not see the parcel shelf. Version 4.5 firmware (don't recall which release). About 850 miles. Still had screen protector on center console. Minor sticking of right front passenger exterior handle (I told service manager about it). Interested??? Probably gone by now.....
  • Jul 23, 2013
    efusco
    Just returned the P85 loaner I had for 2 weeks and I can definitively state that mine was NOT governed...or if it was it was something over 95mph!
  • Jul 23, 2013
    JPP
    ...somebody goofed.....and you got the benefit...
  • Jul 23, 2013
    GeekGirls
    I'm fairly certain that's one of the two P85 loaners I've had from Fremont and it didn't have active air suspension, which I thought was odd. In fact, I thought it was so odd I asked about it and my service rep said he was sure they didn't make P85's without air suspension ... but he'd ask his tech. His tech didn't think they did either, but then they found another one in the service bay. And my next loaner, a gray/black P85 was the same. No active air. I'm not sure that two vehicles establishes a trend, but it's something to keep in mind when considering buying a loaner.

    It was only obvious to me because I can't get down my driveway without raising the suspension, and therefore couldn't charge either car at home.
  • Jul 23, 2013
    ChadS
    The loaner I had on Monday was also a P85 with a standard suspension. I think I remember a thread where somebody mentioned they were missing parts for a while, so they built some P85 demo/loaners with regular suspensions.

    It does make a difference; though it didn't seem to be a huge difference. (Of course the tires and wheels were different than mine too, so it's hard to tease all of the variables apart).
  • Jul 24, 2013
    brianman
    That was probably me. I was about to reply that I was told exactly that by a Tesla representative. I can't remember if it was someone in CA or from Bellevue SC when I got back.
  • Jul 24, 2013
    JoshG
    Menlo Park has a sweet new black/black P85+ service loaner and I've been driving it for last 10 days while various issues with my roadster and my Model S are worked on. It's pretty amazing. And it's definitely not governed to 80mph. :cool:

    Has air suspension, Pano, tech, 3rd row seats, and the new Yacht Floor option as well, which I like. VIN 14891.

    I (no flames please) really don't like the all-black interior personally... especially in a black car. the car seems more "closed in" with all the interior parts black rather than the lighter colors that seem to open up the feel of the car from the inside. My car is black with tan interior and after having this for a full 10 days I'm so glad I got the tan. But I do envy the P+ package... there's a huge difference in handling from my P85 standard with downgraded 19" wheels, as one would expect.

    My early production P85 has a few things that work BETTER than this late-production P85+. The one I told the service people about is wind noise. I can't figure out why, but above 70mph, this loaner P85+ has significant wind noise from the Pano, and my earlier car has virtually none at same speeds (also pano roof). From the outside, I can't see anything that doesn't look flush or well made, but it's unmistakably LOUDER at higher speeds. And the new cupholders without the grabby spring things is just a huge fail. I can't believe they took such a step backwards with this. (yes, I know, discussed elsewhere on the forum.) I know it's not a big deal, but I miss the foglights button my car has. And the range of the remote is actually LESS on this newer car than on my older car. One other really odd thing is that this car takes longer to boot up. In my P85, I can jump in and flick the gear selector down and drive off, this one I have to sit, wait, and then click it down. Definitely takes longer to get fully booted up.
  • Jul 24, 2013
    wormhole
    what is the 'yacht floor' option?
  • Jul 24, 2013
    JoshG
    the new fancy floors for the center console area. Come in wood to match the trim or Carbon Fiber. Apparently not yet available to order, but being put on all the loaner cars for now, probably to gauge reactions.

    Yacht Floor
  • Jul 24, 2013
    GeekGirls
    I agree 100% but obviously it's a personal taste thing. It just felt more claustrophobic and I missed much of the contrasting detail I adore in my gray interior. I wasn't wild about the carbon fiber, either, but it wasn't as big a deal.
  • Jul 24, 2013
    William13
    I am driving a P85 loaner without active air suspension. It is white with tan interior. The suspension is very similar in feel to my air. The tan is definitely warmer in the sun than my white. The full charge registered 276 miles with about 2000 miles driven on the odometer.
  • Jul 24, 2013
    brianman
    The word "full" has been troubling me lately. Point of clarification, which of the following do you mean:
    1. 276 ideal miles after completion of range/trip (100%) charge
    2. 276 rated miles after completion of range/trip (100%) charge
    3. 276 ideal miles after completion of standard (92-93% with 4.4) charge
    4. 276 rated miles after completion of standard (92-93% with 4.4) charge
    5. 276 ideal miles after completion of daily (90% with 4.5) charge
    6. 276 rated miles after completion of daily (90% with 4.5) charge

    I'm guessing #2.

    Note that I've omitted "Projected" since by now I suspect all vehicles have been upgraded beyond the versions of the firmware that offered that UI.
  • Jul 25, 2013
    JoshG
  • Jul 25, 2013
    William13
    100% charge, rated miles. 276. I was surprised as this loaner was on firmware 4.5. My max with a new car was 272 miles.
  • Jul 26, 2013
    yobigd20
    Hah! I'm guessing that was in response to all the people going buck wild in the loaner cars (they log everything ya know!) and they don't want these loaners getting beat up/abused before they are sold.
  • Jul 26, 2013
    hcsharp
    Everybody knows that rental cars are the highest performing cars you can drive. Pretty sure the same thing applies to loaners.:smile::wink:
  • Jul 28, 2013
    SCW-Greg
    So I had my car in last Friday for the back seat latch recall. Also had them check for HVAC vibration felt through the steering wheel, and hum above 65mph. I think we got 2 out 3 fixed, as I still have the hum.

    Interesting thing about the P85 loaner they gave me for the day. Steering seems smoother, car feels lighter than mine (due to the P status my car does not have). Of course blindingly fast 0--40 (I want this). But VIN number 11751, only 316 ahead of my car, with 1600 or so miles on it (half mine)... and it already has a fair amount of squeaks and rattles. My car (so far) is nearly squeak and rattle free. :)

    Met up with Lyon while there too.

    The guys at the service center are passionate, simply great. Thanks Carl, Adam, and Ken!!!
  • Jul 29, 2013
    Tempus
    Just wanted to comment on the "hum above 65" part of your post. I had the same thing, and just had it in for service, in conjunction with getting the tires rotated (i'm at around 7k miles). Turns out this was actually tire noise. When they rotated the tires and re-secured them, the noise went away. Of course, YMMV, but it sounded very familiar to me when you posted.

    Tempus
  • Jul 29, 2013
    stevezzzz
    This. Though the way I heard it was, "The best off-road vehicle ever made...is a rental car."

    More to the point, I had a P85 loaner on Saturday for a few hours and thoroughly enjoyed it. Didn't hit the 80mph limit, if there was one. But the only odd thing I noticed about it was how much higher the driver's seat position is when it's adjusted to its lowest setting, compared to my Sig S (non-perf) VIN 00118. That, and how much less range I would have if I was driving a Perf: my lifetime Wh/mi is 320 and I was over 370 in the loaner, in mixed city and highway driving (and never over 80mph).
  • Jul 31, 2013
    SCW-Greg
    Yeah, I thought of this, but I'm fairly certain it's not a tire noise thing, sounds like from the frunk area - pumping working hard maybe. The faster I go, the higher the pitch of the hum... but I wouldn't say it's a 1:1 correlation to actual speed, but close. Are you driving on 21" Conti's?

    However, I can't entirely rule out tire noise either. Possible that the tread pattern hits a resonance at those speeds. The loaner, with same tires and wheels (nearly the same VIN, half the miles of mine), had this hum, but it was so slight if you weren't listening for it, you might not notice it.

    The hum is constant and continuous across all road surfaces. It's annoying for sure.
  • Aug 1, 2013
    aaronw
    I had the same problem with the P85 Pearl White loaner car I picked up from the Fremont service center last week. I reported the noise to them. It was very noticeable at 70MPH and above. It did not appear to be speed limited. They also had a brown loaner but they couldn't get the key fob to work.
  • Aug 1, 2013
    Tempus
    it could certainly be something different - i was just struck by the similarity. Mine was also coming from the front of the car (frunk area, or behind the dash... ), and definitely only at high speeds. I have the 19" tires btw.
  • Aug 1, 2013
    jcadman22
    I picked up a multi-coat red P85 at Rockville this morning - gorgeous color by the way! I noticed a familiar driver profile name "KWH2MPH" and I said, "Hey, I know that guy!" Hi Peter! I promptly saved my profile name "DRK NRG" and I highly recommend that others follow this practice too.

    On a related note, the map screen had the previous charge locations displaying. I was seeing red lightning bolts in DC neighborhoods as I drove around today. I'm not super paranoid about Tesla seeing my charging history, but the aggregated data in a loaner car is something very different. Thinking about it a little more, the Bluetooth history showed several phone names too, Hi Danny! At least the call history and contact information is not available when the phone is not connected. I think I'll recommend that the service center consider clearing some of this data out before they turn a loaner over.
  • Aug 2, 2013
    bob_p
    I picked up a loaner P85 while my P85 is in the Service Center this week. While most of the personalization data can be removed from the car when you turn it in (such as manually removing the Bluetooth pairing or deleting the navigation places), you cannot delete the recent charging places. So when I turn the car in, it will have my home address, along with the home addresses of anyone else who charged the loaner overnight.

    I sent an e-mail to Ownership - and they admitted this could be a serious privacy issue and they indicated the service centers will be notified to reset the car to default settings to clear the personal information in the cars.

    I also suggested that they offer one or two new functions in settings:

    "Clear Personal Data" - would remove all of the personal data in the car. I've had this in my last few cars.

    "Reset to Default Settings" - would also reset all of the settings back to the factory default.

    It sounds like these features may already be in the service menus for the car - would be helpful to make those available to owners. Not only covers the loaner situation, but also for when a car is re-sold. Though today you can still take the car into service and ask them to do this for you.
  • Aug 2, 2013
    ClaytonTMC
    I did some service (window stopped working and there was some road noise) in Fremont earlier this week. Called and got in the same day.

    They tried to give me a Roadster, but Mike (awesome!) noticed I'm super tall (6'6") and got me their Blue P85 (vin in the 11000's, rear child seats, etc...) instead. Fantastic car. My 8-year old daughter demanded to be transported in the back for some short local errands. Speed limited at 80 mph and I assure you that I hit this limit repeatedly. :) Only downside was that loaners don't have the HOV sticker, so my morning commute took longer.

    Overall my experience with service is a lot better than it was back in Feb/Mar when it seemed impossible to get appointments and the idea of a loaner car (let alone a P85) would have been laughable. Thanks to Ninos (who just started last week -- joined from Lexus) and Mike in Fremont for an excellent experience.

    Clayton
  • Aug 2, 2013
    SCW-Greg
    When I took out my loaner, I saw two profiles with first names (something like Sally, and John), and then I created a profile for me and labeled it "6' Drvr. No creep on". Figured that would be more helpful for the next person.

    Also made sure to have the car forget my iPhone when I dropped it back off.
  • Aug 2, 2013
    brianman
    I bet you lunch that at least one of the two names is an employee at that service center.
  • Aug 2, 2013
    SCW-Greg
    Certainly not Sally! ;)

    (no gals working there... yet)
  • Aug 2, 2013
    brianman
    Sally can be a guy's name. Just like Sue.

  • Aug 2, 2013
    SCW-Greg
    Bustin me up down here!
  • Aug 3, 2013
    brianman
    Just a quick note about the price increase...

    A "fully optioned top-of-the-line performance loaner" just got a lot more expensive. This perhaps is part of the master plan to keep loaners in stock for customers having vehicle service.
  • Aug 3, 2013
    smd
    red tesla.jpg

    I enjoyed this loaner out of the San Rafael Service Center for a few days this week. In SF, I was parking diagonally into a high curb, so I spent a minute looking around on the main screen to raise the car up to very high...then I realized that it did NOT have air suspension!
  • Aug 4, 2013
    jcadman22
    Looks like the same config. I'm enjoying in MD - also loaded but missing air suspension. I read elsewhere that the factory was running low on parts so they filled out build capacity with standard suspension cars.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Shortly after picking up my loaner, I noticed that it was set for Range Mode. It made me wonder if that is the service center's fast and easy way to limit the cars. After taking it out of Range Mode the car is every bit a P85.
  • Aug 5, 2013
    myms
    Just picked up a P85 loaner today. Range Mode was off, so not sure that's it. Haven't tried going 80+ yet, though.
  • Aug 5, 2013
    aaronw
    When I picked up a Pearl White P85 loaner in Fremont I was surprised that it did not appear to have active air suspension. I thought all P85s had it. It also had a low hum when I drove it over 70MPh. I went over 80, but not by a lot. I'm wondering if the software disabled adjusting the air suspension settings.
  • Aug 7, 2013
    nanimac
    Just swapped out my p85 loaner for my car after 3 days of fun...had I known about the total "wow" factor of a P85 before I bought my 40/60, I would've splurged and spent the extra 30k-40k! Good news though..I have to bring my car back next week for the panoramic roof fix..so one more day of P85 fun :)
  • Aug 8, 2013
    gaswalla
    Anyone get a MS loaner in San Diego yet?
  • Aug 8, 2013
    jomo25
    And in Phoenix?
  • Aug 12, 2013
    gaswalla
    Just found out that loaners ARE available in San Diego as long as you give the SC a couple days heads up. What a great company!
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét