Thứ Bảy, 31 tháng 12, 2016

Special Event with Elon in NYC on Nov 12? part 2

  • Nov 12, 2012
    Rifleman
    Please!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Johan
    Is it too much to ask that this be done in real-time, kind of like a court stenographer? :biggrin:
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Prime Mover
    Well, bad news so far for me. Flight hit a wind shear after take-off and after about 20 minutes of flying, the decision was made to return to Toronto. Now it is after 2:30pm and still in the airport.

    New flight hopefully leaving within the hour but it will be touch-and-go about making the event.

    Didn't think I would be looking for live updates from the evening!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Krugerrand
    Hey, look on the bright side...you landed back home safely. Fingers crossed for you that you can make the event.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    ETM
    I will try to if I can. I will probably be pretty distracted though. :p
  • Nov 12, 2012
    mitch672
    Maybe Ben (Cinergi) will sneak his streaming setup in, we can hope :)
  • Nov 12, 2012
    xhawk101
    What time does it start?

    from my Samsung galaxy s3
  • Nov 12, 2012
    cinergi
    I'll try :)

    Here we are on the way from the WP store. Jim, John, Aaron, John.

    Augh can't get it to upload. Prolly too big.

    Stay tuned folks!

    - - - Updated - - -

    http://livestre.am/4dzmM
  • Nov 12, 2012
    DaveVa
    My sister-in-law is hoping they announce that it was buy-one get-one-free so she can have a Model S. ;-)
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stevezzzz
    Thanks, cinergi! We'll be watching...
  • Nov 12, 2012
    v12 to 12v
    Anybody seeing anything? Or am I missing an add on?
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stevezzzz
    Ben's Livestream is up with a single entry from about an hour ago saying that the doors open in about an hour. Which is now... :wink:
  • Nov 12, 2012
    sunnysailor

    The suspense is killing me.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stephenpace
    Doors open. White car outside VIN 1235. Inside two Model S -- Red (non-sig) and Black.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    agileone
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stevezzzz
    Ben's got 64...wait, 66 people watching right now.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    timdorr
    Sorry for the side-track, but I'm now completely lost on VINs. Supposedly, it was supposed to be VINs 1-1200 for the Signatures, 1201-1400 for marketing, and 1401+ for general production. But R140 has been assigned VIN 1275 and there were cars in the factory this weekend with VINs in the late 1300's and mid 1400's. It sounds like they're skipping around or just suddenly doubled production this last week (despite what they said on the conference call). Ugh...

    OK, back on topic, do we still think this will be about the Motortrend car of the year?
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stephenpace
    Where is Ben? I am right near Elon and Talulah.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Norbert
    At Tesla NY Event on Livestream

    I only see a single picture of a white Model S. Is any livestream expected on this same URL? Should we keep reloading?
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stevezzzz
    Ben said he would try and stream video live. Hasn't happened yet, though.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    charliestyr
    Ben mentioned Elon is supposedly speaking at 6:15, in 15mins. He will try to livestream if possible, otherwise we'll presumably get some text updates :)
  • Nov 12, 2012
    timdorr
    You don't have to reload on Livestream. The page will automatically update itself as new posts or video comes through.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Tommy
  • Nov 12, 2012
    mkertzman
    On teslamotors.com front page - Motor Trend Car of the Year 2013 - unanimous choice!!!!!

    It was up briefly, now it's gone - maybe jumped the gun?
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stevezzzz
    You're teasing us, right? :wink::biggrin::confused:
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Norbert
    Now streaming.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Bradleybang
    streaming from Ben has started
  • Nov 12, 2012
    ChrisC
    Ben feed is up. If you already had his page up, you already know this, because it automatically started and started blasting out of your speakers :)

    Tesla NY Event on Livestream
  • Nov 12, 2012
    mkertzman
    I was refreshing the Tesla home page and it came up where the Automobile Mag graphic is now....refreshed again and it was gone....
  • Nov 12, 2012
    v12 to 12v
    ....wishing I could have made the trip. Enjoy the moment!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    CapitalistOppressor
    Exactly what happened to me.. had to walk to my office and turn down the volume :)
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stephenpace
    GB giving us a pep talk.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    timdorr
    "I realize we're using every one of you fully" - GeorgeB about Tesla customers.

    Saving that quote for later :p
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stevezzzz
    I heard 'abusing'...and he said it with a big smile. :wink:

    ...and I took him to mean that by speaking he was delaying the news we are waiting to hear.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    agileone
  • Nov 12, 2012
    pete8314
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stevezzzz
    I got through the second try. Confirmed!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    pete8314
    Yep.

    COTY.jpg
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stevezzzz
    And Model S was the unanimous first choice of all eleven judges!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    shokunin
    Ben, you rock!!! Thanks for the livestream!!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    ElSupreme
    Thanks Ben! Awesome!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    dsm363
    That's impressive. Didn't he say something about that almost never happens or maybe it's the first time?
  • Nov 12, 2012
    SteveH
    Thanks for letting us all join you, Ben! That was awesome!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    pete8314
    +1000. Great job!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    gmontem
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Thumper
    Thanks Ben. Thanks everyone who has been working so hard at the factory and in the field!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    pete8314
    I'm just hanging out on the livestream feed waiting for Ben's exclusive interview with Elon. That's coming, right? :)
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Krugerrand
    Great job with the livestream, Ben. Thank you very much. Congrats to everyone at Tesla that played a role, and to all the reservationists who took a leap of faith and put their money where their mouth is.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    meloccom
    I want to thank Ben too.
    It makes a big difference to people on the other side of the world when you can be there virtually.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    mlascano
    Thanks for the Livestream Ben, too bad I could get it live, watching the segments that are on your site now.

    Was there any other announcement besides the Motor Trend COTY 2013 award? We were speculating about East Coast Superchargers before...
  • Nov 12, 2012
    dsm363
    Even to people closer too. I might have been able to go but it would have been tough to get the time off and expensive but the video made me feel like I didn't miss much (other than the open bar). Thanks again Ben for the livestream.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    dpeilow
    Fantastic live stream Ben. Amazing to think I can join in live from this side of the Pond. Great camerawork.

    Nice dig about 'losers' too :D
  • Nov 12, 2012
    vfx
    And the closest they have ever had before was 9 to 2.!!

    Ben Thank YOU!!!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Grendal
    Ben. You are the man!

    You deserve an award for your exemplary effort on behalf of all of us.

    Thank you.

    And Congratulations Tesla and Elon.

    Congratulations to all of you early adopters for making this happen too.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stevezzzz
    +1! Thumbs way up!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Babylonfive
    Great job, Ben. It was terrific.
    Thank you.

    p.s. stevezzz ruined the whole thing...:scared:
  • Nov 12, 2012
    BryanW
    Awesome livestream Ben!
    It was incredible to be able to watch that live!
    Thank you so much!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stevezzzz
    [hangs head in shame] I thought you'd want to know...:wink:
  • Nov 12, 2012
    CapitalistOppressor
    It worked for me, but some of my FB friends on the East Coast are having trouble linking. Facebook itself isn't capturing the header info and is just posting a naked link.

    - - - Updated - - -

    +1 to this. Stream was perfect :)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Excellent numbers. You need to adjust for their flaky rollout discounts (which gets you closer to the advertised 5.6 0-60) but those are still excellent numbers for the non performance model. Not sure I've seen any test data for the base model before Motortrend posted it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It wasn't clear but I think he said it was the first time. Certainly he said it was rare (he specifically mentioned 9-2 votes as high points).
  • Nov 12, 2012
    aznt1217
    Thank you SO MUCH for the stream!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    MyDreamCar
    Thank you Ben... I was parked sitting in my Model S watching it on my iPad with the Bluetooth playing in the car.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    adurstewitz
    Thanks Ben! Managed to listen on my iPhone.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Wattson
    Thank you very much Ben for the live video. I felt like I was at the event! Your video was stable and streamed smoothly. Thank you for all the thought you put into the tripod and data stream, it really paid off in the live product.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Longhorn92
    Ben, the stream was very much appreciated. Thank you for all your hard work!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    doug
    So that seemed to be a big event for Motor Trend as well as for Tesla. Does Motor Trend normally do a media event with the COTY winner?
  • Nov 12, 2012
    ChrisC
    Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of thanks to Ben for the live stream, and to Tesla for allowing him to run it during the event. Free hype, right there.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    ckessel
    Really fantastic quality on the live stream. I enjoyed the hell out of it!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    JakeP
    I remain confused as to why Cinergi is not on the Tesla payroll. Or is he???

    Seriously, thanks for letting us all participate. And nice job getting a spot behind Elon's Mom.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Norbert
    One question, Ben: How did you get such a good internet connection, capable of such smooth quality? ;)
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Babylonfive
    Must be 4G,... baby!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Discoducky
    Thanks so much Ben. It was like being there. I hope you got a chance to shake hands and/or talk to Elon and George. And to George a special thank you for participating in the forums!
  • Nov 12, 2012
    markwj
    Amazing job, Ben. So helpful for those of us unable to attend. Also, congrats to Tesla.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    dmckinstry
    What would you pay for that kind of publicity?

    And I'll add my thanks to Ben.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Prime Mover
    After a 4 hour delay on our flight, we arrived to hear the final moments of the speeches, but got to take part in the after-party!

    Great to meet George and Elon in person. George hinted about a couple of juicy things regarding Canadian Sig deliveries and that he will be in attendance at the Toronto store opening on Thursday.

    I am looking forward to welcoming George to Canada at the Yorkdale Mall store later this week.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    tander
    Didn't they already win car of the year from someone else?
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Grendal
    Yahoo Car of the Year. Nice, but not quite as prestigious. The other big car award was Automobile Magazine's Car of the Year.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    stephenpace
    Thanks again to Tesla for putting on another first class event. If you watched the LiveStream, I don't have much to add, but here are a brief summary from my PoV for those folks that missed it:

    VINs:
    Outside, White: VIN P 1235
    Inside, Red: VIN P 1211
    Inside, Black: VIN P 1245 (not sure about the 4)

    Good booze and snacks. George gave a pep talk ("doing this is nearly impossible") and thanked everyone. Elon said they wanted to have this in NYC to help out the city that struggled after Sandy, and pointed to his mom in the audience who just got power back to her flat. He also thanked the team and showed the Motor Trend Video. Edward Loh (?) from Motor Trend then talked through the rigorous process of selecting the vehicles and said that A) the vote was unanimous and B) 5 of the judges were there and you could ask them anything. Journalists then were able to ask questions, but it was very difficult to hear them despite the mics (which is a shame since I would have like to hear the Q&A).

    After the presentation you could go up on stage and look at the cars and talk to the execs. I took a photo with the trophy, and then Franz von Holzhausen asked me if he could have it which I thought was funny. Later I took a photo with him and he even suggested we take it with the trophy, so I did that too. I talked to Elon and asked if the problems with Texas might interfere with the SuperCharger network, and he said no, it was two separate issues. I also got a photo with him handing me my Model S key since the guy in front of me did the same. Later I talked to George B and he gave me some insight into why I might have gotten my car a bit ahead of schedule (around that time, they needed to put 50 cars through per week, and mine just happened to have all the parts ready). I thanked Elon's mom for raising such a great guy who is changing the world, and we had a nice chat. Talking to the Motor Trend guys was very interesting. One or two said they actually liked the non-performance better than the performance saying they felt the ride was a touch better and quieter than comparable vehicle. Not all were convinced of the long term success of Tesla, either--most took the 'time will tell' approach, but voted based on the car in front of them.

    Otherwise, I saw a number of folks from the NJ Get Amped event, and quite a few Tesla folks introduced themselves to me which was great. I'm on the shy side, so I didn't reach out to as many folks as I would have liked, but I talked to quite a few. As always, Tesla crowds are great, and overall, it was a very enjoyable event.

    Unsubstantiated rumor heard at event from random person: Boston to NYC SuperCharger construction may be underway.
    George also said he just got the beta iPhone application, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152262723210088.928090.547905087&type=1&l=853f039985
  • Nov 12, 2012
    lgagliardi
    Ben, your videos are awesome and much appreciated! These awards make me feel even better about my decision to purchase AND I received an email today saying my car is in transit! Sig 1015,VIN 720.
  • Nov 12, 2012
    Brian H
    So, who's next? Car and Driver? :confused:
    :wink:
    :smile:
    :biggrin:
  • Nov 13, 2012
    nrcooled
    Great write up. I had plans with the wife today and I couldn't follow the live stream. This was exactly what I needed!

    I was really keeping my fingers crossed for the supercharger announcement on the east coast but COTY is great for Tesla.
  • Nov 13, 2012
    dsm363
    Wish I had gone! Amazing people got that time with the execs. Sounded like a good time.
  • Nov 13, 2012
    artsci
    I attended as well, and I'm so glad I did. Shook hands with Elon and chatted with George and Franz. Where else and with what other company could you meet the three senior leaders of the company that's designed and built your car? I think this was a lifetime experience for me, as I believe these kinds of opportunities will become less frequent at Tesla grows.

    George told me two things that might be of interest. First, he said that they had known for about a month that the Model S would be named Motor Trend's COTY. Second, when I asked him when the supercharging network for the East Coast would be ready, he said that they had a member of the management team working on it full time who is totally dedicated to identifying and developing the network of sites. He didn't say when it would be ready, but knowing Tesla, I think it will be sooner rather than later.
  • Nov 13, 2012
    yobigd20
    Great event! I was there and practically glued to the black car because that is what I am getting. I couldn't figure one thing out though - was the interior of the black car the tan interior or the white interior? I thought it was tan in person, but when I look at my photos it seems more white to me now. I don't think it was a signature model so it had to be the tan interior, right? I am confused! To anyone else that was there - which color interior was that??? If that was the tan it is MUCH lighter than what I expected (and I really like it) , if not well then crap I have yet to see any real good photos of a black model with tan interior.

    - - - Updated - - -

    a shot of the interior of the black using my iphone5
    image.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    image.jpg
  • Nov 13, 2012
    EdA
    Thanks for the detailed blow by blow and thanks to Ben for streaming the event.
    I happened to be asked to travel to NYC with Ben but had to decline...argh....
  • Nov 13, 2012
    digitaltim
    It was a fantastic event w/ great access to Elon, George & Franz...even Elon's mom...and a perfect venue to meet artsci, aaron.s, cinergi, hunterjo & Models1079!!! I took a handful of photos and will post an album over the weekend.
  • Nov 13, 2012
    stevezzzz
    Except for the first photo, where I expect the color balance is way off based on the Tesla banner in the background, it looks like the white interior to me. One clue is the Alacantra bolsters, a Sig Performance touch. Since these cars had marketing VINs, I don't think you can expect them to follow all the configuration rules.

    As posted, the first photo looks a lot like the tan interior in my Sig S: it's the color of light honey, a tad darker than I expected.
  • Nov 13, 2012
    teslasguy
    I was there also with Cinergi, Models1079, Aaron, Huntjo and Digitaltim. Ben G, Jim R, Aaron, John and I all met up at the White Plains store and rode into the city together. We had a really great time together in NY. Thanks again Aaron for driving us all into the city.


    P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Nov 13, 2012
    digitaltim
    @teslasguy - sorry to miss you in my post above...

    I had a follow-up call from a freelance writer - Jim Motavilli - that contributes to the NY Times blog called Wheels. He asked me a number of questions about what I was buying, my reservation number and when I expected delivery which I made sure he understood that I expected delays as an early adopter - he even asked Elon about my specific delivery in the press Q&A. He also asked about my intended use a weekly Baltimore to NJ/NY commuter.

    It will be interesting if anything makes the blog and in what context. Talking to reporters is always risky....
  • Nov 13, 2012
    Tommy
    Curiosity has got the best of me�. like a lot of you, I watched Ben's live stream of the event and quickly appreciated the quality of the broadcast and its spontaneity. Then I thought I heard GB say something about the presentation being live streamed to the factory and to us. That got be thinking, did Tesla have a live stream feed of its own or use Ben's feed. What ever the arrangement, I am just happy to have witnessed this milestone. Thanks again Ben.
  • Nov 13, 2012
    stevezzzz
    Ain't it the truth!
  • Nov 13, 2012
    jerry33
    If you talk to reporters they will only get some of the facts wrong. If you don't talk to them they will make something up.
  • Nov 13, 2012
    v12 to 12v
    I'm wishing I could have joined you all. I tried to figure out how I could make the trip work on short notice.

    Just the fact that I was invited to this event was a huge gesture and I felt honored to be invited. I'm just a simple customer.
    I think this speaks volumes about Tesla, Elon Musk, George Blankenship and the rest of the leadership. I'll be their guinea pig any day.

    Thanks for sharing the experience with us.

    - - - Updated - - -

    BTW, who got the jump seats when you carpooled? ;-)
  • Nov 13, 2012
    aaron.s
    Hey All,

    Actually, the 5 of us that met up at the White Plains Store (Me, John, Jim, Ben & John) just fit in my Ford Fusion Hybrid!

    The whole afternoon/evening was a blast!

    Aaron

    - - - Updated - - -

    In regards to the event being broadcast live to the public....

    Ben was the savior of the day... Tesla was *not* live broadcasting to the public. Just to the factory and other Tesla locations.

    Go Ben!
  • Nov 13, 2012
    cinergi
    Aww shucks :smile:

    I arrived, got quick permission to live broadcast, and away I went! The wifi there apparently was horrible (according to Tesla employees) so I whipped out the Verizion 4G/LTE mifi and away I went! Couldn't believe I got enough bandwidth inside that building in the middle of NYC to do a 650 Kbps stream. I got up to about 380 viewers at one point and I didn't really advertise. Ridiculous! I'm using LiveStream's live broadcaster hardware. Makes for an ultra-portable high-def internet streaming setup! Fantastic!

    Stephen Pace -- did we meet? I think I missed you! Oops!

    Thanks SO MUCH to Aaron for negotiating rush hour NYC traffic getting the rest of us down there. And what an AWESOME sushi dinner afterwards (at Ajisai on 9th). Had a great time with everyone there.

    I practically got accosted by Tesla employees when I arrived LOL I know WAY too many of them.
  • Nov 13, 2012
    ModelS1079
    What an evening. I have pictures that are instant classics and need to post. But i am a little sleepy after the 3am arrival home to Boston from NYC. John G, thanks for getting me there. Aaron, thanks for the ride. John H brilliant move turning a liver conference into an evening with Elon and company. And Ben, the image if you walking in with enough gear to broadcast the Beatles at Shea will be forever indelible. Brilliant.

    Please note: on August, 4, 2009 I made a reservation for a car, from a hospital computer. On November 12, 2012 I realized I'd long before made a reservation for a movement, a smarter way of looking at the world, and a long-term reservation with a heck of a great group of people...and I had a chance to speak casually with Franz about designing the Model S (Franz, did Elon put restrictions on you to keep the Coefficient of drag down? Franz: "No, we pretty much figured if it looked slippery, it probably was"), George about marketing and the MT COTY award (great comments regarding the factory Tesla team!), Elon and his personally most painful and joyous moments in getting to the MTrend award ("the low point came in 2008...(explains)...the joyous point is right now"), Elons mother and girlfriend (they are both beautiful), and many great folks from all over. A privilege to be there. Nice to see this event on the East Coast. Great job Tesla!
  • Nov 13, 2012
    doug
  • Nov 13, 2012
    v12 to 12v
    Thanks for everything again and for standing in for us as customers. You did us proud.
  • Nov 14, 2012
    ToddRLockwood
  • Nov 14, 2012
    AnOutsider
    First chargers in Connecticut and Wilmington DE. Woot woot, I can use that Wilmington one.

    I found this interesting

    Although reservation holders have been assigned waiting list numbers, Ms. Ra said their cars have not always been produced in sequence, because it makes sense to manufacture them in batches with similar option packages. She said the sequence would be followed more closely in the future �because it�s so important to our early customers.�

    Lol, so for the later customers they'll be in order, because it was important to the early customers...
  • Nov 14, 2012
    stephenpace
  • Nov 15, 2012
    EdA
  • Nov 16, 2012
    cinergi
    306752_4962967634812_79751928_n.jpeg

    Left to right: Franz, Jim (ModelS1079), me, Aaron (aaron.s).
  • Nov 17, 2012
    EdA
    I-n-t-e-n-s-e!!!!
  • Nov 17, 2012
    ModelS1079
    NYC EVENT Unofficial and officially inferior video to be posted here - soon... But some fun pics and video giving good sense for the scene (it was a scene). Check back soon, thanks.
  • Nov 18, 2012
    jcstp
  • Nov 21, 2012
    ModelS1079
    Video - Tesla New York City Event:

    Here is my rather personalized version of the New York City Event, and the road there.
    Many thanks to TeslaGuy for getting me there, though he somehow managed to avoid photographic documentation that he was there.
    Enjoy -

    http://animoto.com/play/lZ6sLthMXN1HU907C2cTJw
  • Nov 21, 2012
    Grendal
    Thoroughly enjoyed your video. It went to 11!

    I was glad to see that no drummer exploded in the making of your video.
  • Nov 23, 2012
    ModelS1079
    There is sucha fine line between stupid and clever. Yet to find that line and usually find myself tripping all over it. Was in danger of being trod upon by a dwarf...
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét