Thứ Bảy, 31 tháng 12, 2016

Maintenance Service Fee part 2

  • Aug 15, 2015
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Tim, what would you be doing next? Still take the car in every 6 months and start paying $600+tax a pop? Or, start spacing your visits further apart despite continuing to rack up a lot of miles in between?
  • Aug 15, 2015
    freeewilly
    My family and I owned a few Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus, and Toyota over the years. I always thought Mercedes' service A for $250, and B for $350 is a rip-off, since other luxury brands either provided for free or much cheaper than MB.
    Tesla $600 service plan makes me feel Mercedes' service cost is a steal, I'm not going to complaint anymore.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    Jerome was reassigned after Tesla's China sales fiasco, so it likely has more to do with that than anything else. Musk had to assign blame to someone.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    MsElectric
    Yup, isn't it ironic how Tesla makes a Mercedes dealer seem dirt cheap for service, by comparison? :)

    IMHO the $600 charged by Tesla for services that involve no fluid changes is such a huge rip off as it should not cost 2X to 3X what a vastly more complicated Mercedes V8 would cost to service.

    I'll give you a small tip about the Mercedes services... The "A Service" actually does not even have to cost $250. Open your owner's manual for your Mercedes and tell the Service Advisor to do only what is required on the service manual. Suddenly your "A Service" amounts to little more than an oil change and it costs less than $200, which makes the Tesla service fee of $600 ridiculously high for an EV that's supposed to need less maintenance...
  • Aug 15, 2015
    AZbba
    $600 is ridiculous. I really don't care that they replace brakes/rotors. Charge me $100-150 for a "service inspection" that includes tire rotation and washer fluid topoff and a wash. Then either bill me for anything that needs to be fixed, or fix it under the warranty.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    JRP3
    If they are actually replacing rotors each time $600 is not at all ridiculous. However I would imagine an EV with strong regen should not be needing new rotors very often, certainly not yearly.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    gg_got_a_tesla
    Yup, precisely. Now, the very same $600 doesn't include wheel alignment anymore.

    This is one thing that should be posed to Elon in some forum as he actively touted the "low maintenance cost of an EV" numerous times in the past.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    digitaltim
    Probably...peace of mind is more important to me then the $600.

    I have my fingers crossed that I get a lot of goodwill given sig, prepaid service plan, extended warranty and my eventual Model 3 & Roadster Gen III purchases. ;-)

    I had hoped for new service plan/warranties offerings for those of us beyond 100k.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    MsElectric
    Obviously everyone wants peace of mind but it is a matter of what you get for the money :)

    The point being the $600 service charge is absurdly high and more than it needs to be for those who prefer not to waste money, especially when considering it costs substantially less to service similarly priced but vastly more complex ICE cars...
  • Aug 15, 2015
    digitaltim
    Agreed - I am not happy about the overall TCO of the car on a per mile basis, but it will never be good given the initial capital outlay. We are looking at buying/leading a new car and I put the Model S in my model for grins - it comes out dead last.

    I bought this car to support the electrification of the transportation industry and my view on the positive environmental impact.

    All that said, I expected these types of problems as they ramp up.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    MsElectric
    That's quite noble of you but increasingly they are selling these cars to traditional premium car buyers under the guise that an EV costs less to maintain.

    The $4,000 Extended Warranty (ESA) with a $200 per issue deductible does not inspire they have confidence that the cost of repairs will be less than an ICE car as that's the most expensive Extended Warranty policy in this segment.

    The $600 annual service fee for minor services is absurdly high for anyone used to taking their Mercedes for a minor service at a dealer and it costing around $200.

    Customers support Tesla when they buy the car but if they are expecting customers to further support Tesla by paying more for service visits (2X to 3X what Mercedes charges in some cases) then that is fine but then they should not advertise the fact that a Model S costs less to maintain than an ICE. TCO matters to many people who buy cars even at this price range...
  • Aug 15, 2015
    digitaltim
    Agreed again hence our next car will more than likely be a MB that made the top of my list comparing cost, range and performance and mostly importantly met my better half's approval. ;-)

    ...at least until the Model 3 hits the market.

    One clarification...definitely not all about nobility. I spent 20+ in the energy/utilities business and saw this as an opportunity to grow and take business away from the e&p side while having a positive environmental impact.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    MsElectric
    We all want Tesla to succeed but I feel having policies that are reasonable for customers is what will help Tesla succeed in the long term, especially when other manufacturers also offers EVs.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    digitaltim
    While we may not see the perceived value of what we get at a service visit, we are still funding a fledgling company (despite the 2008 launch of the Roadster).

    They are still bleeding a lot of clash. My fingers are crossed that the market reacts while to the upcoming stock sale.

    I am personally bullish on their success. It may be more as a supplier of drivetrains, batteries and a charging network or a full fledged manufacture. I hope the later.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    Aussie Bob
    Compared to my previous Infiniti where I was spending $1500-$2000 per year on maintenance I feel I am much better off in the S with its fixed program. It all depends on what car you are comparing the S to as to the personal merits of maintenance over ICE cars.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    digitaltim
    I think most would agree if the $600 covered any issues found, but it doesn't...especially outside of warranty.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    MsElectric
    Yikes! What did they do to your Infinity?

    Regularly scheduled maintenance for our Mercedes is so reasonable... About $200 for the minor services and about $450 for the medium services. Only the services every 40K miles cost more than that an even those were right around $750. Service for a Tesla should cost less than what our Mercedes dealer charges to maintain an ICE car, not more.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    freeewilly
    Well, I'm used to the old days that Mercedes and current BMW have no maintenance fee for 4yr or 50k. I haven't pay any service fee for more than 10 years, even my sister's Prius has 2 yr free maintenance, so she only needs to do one service before she returns her lease.
  • Aug 15, 2015
    Mayhemm
    Normally, I would agree with you. However, Tesla has shown a pattern of disturbing behavior in their service division (major rate increase to Ranger service, altering what is included in annual service package) that has given me cause to be wary where none existed before. The most insidious aspect to all these policy changes is that they are being done behind the scenes with no formal announcement/confirmation and are only being discovered when some poor soul stumbles into them.

    This has been the case for me as well...so far. However, things have started changing in a direction I don't like (see above)

    People often seem to fall into this semantic trap. All Elon Musk, or any other executive in the EV arena, has claimed is that EVs require less maintenance. Never did they claim that said maintenance would cost less. Technicality, I know, but an important distinction. Just like people expecting luxury car features from Model S when it is a premium sedan. Premium is different from luxury, just like less maintenance is different from less maintenance cost.

    See my response above.
  • Aug 16, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    I've got to agree with this. There's been enough back and forth on this issue in the forums that it's time more owners tweeted Elon about the changes in service policy and asked him publicly about it. I can't help but think that Jerome's departure has something to do with these changes... either he is leaving because he is being asked to make changes he doesn't agree with, or someone is using his absence as an opportunity to push through some of these changes.
  • Aug 16, 2015
    MsElectric
    I think this is a natural and reasonable expectation though. It is a fact that an EV has far fewer moving parts that require regular service so yes, it should require less service and that "less service" aspect should translate to service fees being at least on parity with an ICE car, not 2X-3X higher in some cases.

    Also people who own Volts are pretty much only doing oil changes and Leaf owners pretty much have nothing of consequence to do for serving their vehicles... I'm not sure there can be any logical conclusion to the $600 charge for minor services other than the fact that it is an exorbitant sum for what is being done.
  • Aug 16, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    When someone says to me that an EV requires less maintenance than an ICE car, I take that to mean it will cost less to maintain than an ICE car. I don't feel that I should be an attorney-level word-parser in order to read between the lines of Elon's claims, and nobody else should either.
  • Aug 16, 2015
    smsprague
    Well said.
  • Aug 16, 2015
    gizmoboy
    Could not agree more.
  • Aug 16, 2015
    rxlawdude
    This attorney-level word parser agrees.
  • Aug 16, 2015
    Cyclone
    That same sentiment can be applied to so many things, I just had to join in the quote party. Worth it that much!
  • Aug 16, 2015
    Aussie Bob
    I think I had a lemon. Both mufflers rusted. Another piece rusted under the car. My tire sensors went out all the time. Something went in the motor which was expensive to fix etc. Warranty covered none of expenses - this does include regular checks and service checks, oil changes etc. 100,000 checks are expensive!! It was a money pit! Glad to get rid of it. When I Complained to Nissan, I was told cars rust! But three year old Infiniti's. I was told basically too bad - your problem.

    I was glad Tesla was available and with my previous experienc, I have full maintenance and warranty coverage. I do not want those worries again. To me it is good value, especially if screen goes etc.
  • Aug 16, 2015
    smsprague
    My Tesla is by far the most expensive car I have ever owned to maintain (Acura, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, GM). But as I tell my wife it's probably cheaper than a Bentley [emoji3].
  • Aug 17, 2015
    jaguar36
    +1, I've previously had BMWs, and they've all been much much cheaper to maintain than our Tesla.
  • Aug 24, 2015
    MsElectric
    I wonder when the Model X ships if Tesla will revise the pricing for the services to represent the actual work being done for each service. That may help get the service prices down and more in line with what a premium ICE would cost to service. Technically an EV service should cost less than an ICE service but at the least it should not cost any more than an ICE vehicle.
  • Aug 24, 2015
    2krazykats
    So to add more fuel to this fire (this thread is never-ending!), I went in for a test drive today and asked explicitly about the annual maintenance. I didn't ask whether not doing the maintenance on schedule voided the warranties but was told that it's not necessary. What I wanted to know was whether they included the alignment. They pulled out a checklist for the annual maintenance/inspection and the alignment was included. One of them also mentioned that the SCs charge just enough to break even that their purpose is not to make money on their customers. That got me thinking.... are some SCs not making enough to be self-sustaining and therefore, they're charging for the alignment separately? Just curious but it's purely speculation on my part.

    *Sigh* it would be nice to have this settled once and for all.
  • Aug 24, 2015
    MsElectric
    I think for most customers what matters is what the service costs and what you get for it. Still for others what might matter is what the Tesla service costs and how much it compares to their ICE car, with the expectation that an EV should cost less to maintain...

    Whether a SC "breaks even" or not given whatever type of accounting is used to arrive at that determination is likely going to be irrelevant to most customers, especially considering the fact that most SCs are likely performing many warranty related work that presumably generates no "income" per se.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    2krazykats
    I still think that whether a SC breaks even/makes money/operates at a loss matters to Tesla. They have to maintain some amount of profitability at some point since businesses that don't make a profit won't last too long (Internet companies not withstanding?). My concern is long range how this will affect their service agreements and how much they charge as well as any other charges that might come up later. That will matter to us who are looking at owning a Tesla to calculate TOC.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    yobigd20
    ^^^^ this.

    post warranty 1st year and i'm already out about $4k in repairs and maintenance.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    ^^ yikes!
  • Aug 25, 2015
    smsprague
    ^^ Zonkes!
  • Aug 25, 2015
    jaguar36
    Thats more than I spent in total on repairs and maintenance on the last 200k+ miles in my BMWs.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    Father Bill
    Can you, do you care, to share what issues you have had to address for that $4k? I am really curious as I have a CPO, thus cannot extend the warranty. I will need to plan for any extra in my very tight budget.

    Pax,

    Father Bill
  • Aug 25, 2015
    MsElectric
    No amount of logic can excuse a $600 service bill when no fluid changes are done. It is an exorbitantly expensive service fee that is 2X to 3X what a premium ice would cost to service. This whole SCs don't make any profit argument really sounds more like marketing than anything that benefit customers given the fact that you can service a vastly more complicated ICE for less than it costs to service a Model S.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    Max*
    Even if fluids are exchanged (year 2, year 6, etc.), it's still steep.

    Brake fluid flush is $100 at any local shop, $150 at the dealer?
    $20 wiper blades
    $5 key fob batteries
    $445 to check the torque on all your screws, lol
    (alignment is technically no longer included)
  • Aug 25, 2015
    ProSkeptic
    Everyone has heard the stories about multiple motor replacements, corrections of items that the owner didn't even think was a problem, and all the other good things that service centers do... yet TM's balance sheet doesn't show a drastic hemorrage of cash on the Service line. Perhaps it's because they're subsidizing all that good will through expensive service visits.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    MsElectric
    Don't underestimate the importance of "check the torque on all your screws..." :tongue:

    screwdriver-car.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    You are confusing "warranty repairs" and "service bulletins" that call for the repair or replacement of defective components. This is something that ALL car dealers do and they budget and set aside money for these repairs when they calculate the cost of the car. When there is a service bulletin, if the car is under warranty, they repair or replace components that might not be functioning properly.

    We are talking about the annual service fee and that has nothing to do with warranty work or service bulletins that they remedy. The annual service fee should be revised so that it costs less than a comparable ICE -- not more.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    ProSkeptic
    You seem to have glossed over my point - what would be considered 'normal' for a Tesla service center would be considered extraordinary for any traditional dealer's service department. Yes, there are X dollars set aside from every car for warranty work and service bulletins, but we're not talking about replacing a water pump or adjusting a power window lift. Yes, Tesla does an exemplary job of being proactive in repairs to ensure customer satisfaction, but that doesn't happen for free.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    MsElectric
    That's strange because with other premium cars we had owned, they would replace or repair anything that was an issue and sometimes they would replace and fix things that I didn't even realize were broken due to "service bulletins," just like what Tesla does. For warranty coverage it seems Tesla is doing a great job, just like their competition. In the topic of the service "Maintenance Fee" I'd say they are doing very poorly with the exorbitant fees charged for service.

    I can't understand why the minor service of a Model S should cost anything more than $200, let alone $600. I think it is partly because they have overcomplicated a minor service with a lot of overhead like loaner cars. For a minor service you should be able to pat $200 drive in, wait an hour for the service to be done. Hard to imagine it takes them more than an hour to perform a minor service that entails no fluid changes.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    mkjayakumar
    2 Leafs over 60k miles - Zero maintenance charges, except rotations and new tires.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    tliving
    Thanks for the reference. Im doing my annual service, well, annually. They were a bit taken aback when I did my first at 24K miles but no issues and it was $600. Note that from the notes they basically did the first and second annual service items in one shot. So it seems the have a plan every 12.5K miles but if you skip one they just catch up at the next. No way I'm going in every 4 months. Although I end up there anyway -- just had a DU replacement and they did other things on my list at the same time and a few extras they felt like doing.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    hpham007
    For some reason, people think proactive repairs are a good thing. You know what's a good thing? Designing and manufacturing parts that doesn't need proactive repairs. I scratch my head whenever I read posts about how awesome service was when their Tesla died; the great service was quick to provide a tow and a loaner. A car should never die or leave an owner stranded within its warranty period.
  • Aug 25, 2015
    jsm
    They charged me for my Leaf Annual Service (after the 1st 3). They are about $250.

    Also Nissan said (at least when I bought my car), that you had to get your yearly service or their could be issues with the battery warranty - not sure they are allowed to do that, but they said it.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    jaguar36
    It seems that the annual service is not very minor. From what people have said it actually takes quite a long time (in the 4-6 hour range) to do I assume because of the disassembley required to perform all the inspections.

    I imagine what has happened is that Tesla is very worried about the reliability of their cars, and thinks the majority of their customers don't mind the ridiculous fee (which does appear to be true). Therefore they are checking a ton of stuff that no other manufacture would ever, nor should ever need to be checked (suspension bolt torques anyone?). This way any design misses, particularly on the early cars will be caught and can be fixed in later iterations.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    ProSkeptic
    This is very similar to my feelings on the P85D stated power issue - if a legacy carmaker had marketed an undeveloped car, they would have been eviscerated in the media. Tesla figured they'd be able to get by on customer enthusiasm and good will (and I'd say they have so far) but I don't see it continuing when they attempt to move down-market.

    This kind of hits the nail on the head, and I'm not entirely why I was dancing around it instead of just typing it.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    MsElectric
    You do realize that if it takes them more than 4-6 hours they are doing things that would be covered under the warranty or service bulletins and that are not a part of the service visit, right? What we are talking about is the $600 and what you get for that. Service bulletins and warranty work would be done for you when you bring in the car and that is totally separate from the service visit.

    If they want to check a ton of stuff for warranty and service bulletin stuff that is totally fine but you should not have to pay for those checks in the form of an exorbitant service fee of $600.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    Don't dealerships still charge the manufacturer for warranty-related service? I believe they still are charging labor to Toyota, or whomever is footing the bill under the warranty. There is actually an incentive for dealers to find warranty-related issues, even those you did not complain about, because they end up making more money this way from the manufacturer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    +100

    - - - Updated - - -

    So Tesla owners are paying through the nose for the privilege of being guinea pigs. That's always nice to hear.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    ProSkeptic
    Absolutely, the dealership bills the manufacturer for warranty work... but when's the last time that 10% or more of a particular Toyota (or Ford, or Nissan) model needed to have its differential replaced under warranty?
  • Aug 26, 2015
    Twiglett
    How did you get past the required brake fluid replacements and battery checks, or more importantly get them for free?
  • Aug 26, 2015
    JRP3
    Where did you come up with that figure?
  • Aug 26, 2015
    ProSkeptic
    Honestly? I pulled it out of... somewhere.

    I didn't intend it to be scientific, but based on anecdotal accounts of the frequency of drive unit replacements (and the relative cost of a differential versus a drive unit) I'd say it's a pretty conservative comparison.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    I might be able to answer you if I knew what a differential actually was... lol
  • Aug 26, 2015
    ProSkeptic
    It's a gear set that takes a single power input from one shaft and distributes it to the two wheels on an axle, while allowing for a speed differential between the two wheels.

    Now answer the question! ;)
  • Aug 26, 2015
    jaguar36
    Huh? I think you misread what I said. I'm not talking about warranty work or service bulletins, purely the Annual service. From anecdotal evidence the annual service seems to take in the 4-6 hour range, which would fall inline with a $600 bill (at least at CA shop rates, the whole same price everywhere thing is a different issue).
  • Aug 26, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    If you're equating differential to (I presume) drive units, I wouldn't know whether Tesla has replaced that in 10% or more of their fleet. So I can't really speak to the 10%+ Toyota comparison. In order to do so, I'd need actual numbers from Tesla. :)
  • Aug 26, 2015
    ProSkeptic
    I was, indeed, considering differential replacement as a (much cheaper) analogue to drive unit replacement. Based on the very unscientific DU replacement poll conducted here, I'd say that 10% is a reasonable SWAG at the frequency of Model S replacement. Throw in the relative cost, and Tesla's expense is undoubtedly greater than the hypothetical differential replacement campaign.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    Well, I've owned six cars in my entire life. One was an old Chevy Cavalier station wagon that was a hand-me-down from my parents. Another was a 20 year-old BMW 5 series that died on me as I coasted into an Acura dealership, where I bought my third car - an Acura Integra Coupe. That car made it over 250,000 miles with little more than a cracked radiator and leaking hose. Car #4 was a Volkswagen Jetta V6, which was a rattle trap. Next car on my list was a Toyota Prius - very reliable and only needed to replace the 12v once in over 120,000 miles. Car # 6 is my Model S.

    The BMW had the most issues, but it was bought at a police auction with no history. None needed a differential during my ownership period.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    ProSkeptic
    And that's why this particular service campaign was hypothetical. ;)
  • Aug 26, 2015
    MsElectric
    Look up what they charge you for the annual service. Nothing there takes 6 hours.

    If it takes them 6 hours they are performing warranty repairs or service bulletin resolutions both of which they will do in any case and has nothing to do with the annual service.

    What they perform for the annual service is predefined and, especially for years that require no fluid changes, the $600 is an exorbitant sum that is 2X to 3X what a premium ICE would cost to service. Right now the Model S has the distinction of being the most expensive premium car for regular annual service compared to what most premium cars cost to service. Most premium ICE cars now have annual (12K mile) service intervals. One some years the annual service of our Mercedes is essentially an oil change.

    Not that I accept your argument but I find it odd that you think 4-6 hours of annual work is normal for an EV with far fewer moving parts than an ICE.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    Vitold
    Here are maintenance and repair averages from Edmunds.com for BMW X5: http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/x5/2015/cost-to-own/

    5 Year Total: $6094 maintenance and $2129 repairs which equals to $1644.5/year

  • Aug 26, 2015
    MsElectric
    Please provide the details. What did you spend $6,094 in "maintenance" on? :) That's an absurd amount, even for a BMW, that is unlikely grounded in actual facts and an actual maintenance schedule called for by the manufacturer. That sounds like a generic calculation derived with generic data someone pulled out of somewhere. It is also interesting to note that the cost of service even on the link you provided is $0 for the initial 3 years so it is bizarre that years 4-6 results in $6,000 in regularly scheduled maintenance.

    Any discussion of "repairs" is irrelevant in this situation as we are talking about the cost of regular service and I doubt a Model S would be any cheaper to repair than a BMW once the warranty is up... It's a bit bizarre that you added up out of warranty repair costs on a BMW X5 as a part of TCO calculation to try and justify the $600 annual service fee that Tesla is charging... :rolleyes:

    Either way I don't know the exact details for servicing a BMW but I know quite well the service costs for maintaining a Mercedes. Minor services for each of our Mercedes vehicles calls for barely an oil change on some years and that amounts to barely $200. $200 is 1/3 of $600. The only years our service costs is anywhere near $600 is every 4 years when we have to do a full brake fluid flush and differential flush for the 4MATIC. Even that is only about $800. The rest of the regularly scheduled maintenance is about $200-$400 depending on the year and an EV in my opinion should cost less, not more to maintain.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    jaguar36
    Wow, you are very argumentative...

    I never said it was 'normal', I said thats what I've seen evidence of, and yes that was purely for the annual service, not warranty or SBs. The list of what they do is full of inspections, which are very hard for a third party to quantify the time they take. Some may require significant disassembly, some may require running lengthy diagnostics. In the aerospace industry its not uncommon for a single inspection point to take multiple shifts to do. Of course in the used car industry they seem to be able to do a 100 point inspection just by glancing at the car. I suspect Tesla is somewhere in between.

    If you've read any of my posts you would know that I think what they are charging is highway robbery. I think they are taking advantage of their customer base of wealthy early adopters to do work that should have been done during the testing and validation stage of development.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Note that this is not $1645 a year, its $0 for the first 3 years and ~$3k for the last two thanks to BMWs free maintenance plan. This also includes tires which on an X5 are probably $1500 for a set or so. However that still seems like a ridiculous high amount. On my last BMW I got a quote for a new clutch (which you wouldn't even need on an X5) and that was only $2k and thats gotta be one of the most expensive maintenance tasks you can do on a car.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    MsElectric
    I didn't mean to come across especially argumentative and I apologize if I came across that way. It seems we are both in agreement for the most part about the $600 service fee being on the high side... I realize now you were just trying to figure out what it is that they are spending all that $600 on, rightly or wrongly.
  • Aug 26, 2015
    Vitold
    X5 head gasket replacement, common failure after 60k, is $3-6k.
  • Aug 27, 2015
    Shaggy
    So... if I took a road trip to Boston, I could buy one? :biggrin:
  • Aug 27, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    Here is what was performed at my last annual service two weeks ago:

    2015_08_27_08_36_55.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg
  • Aug 27, 2015
    jaguar36
    Well its electronic, and you need a MA address on your CC... so if you opened up a credit card while you were there, then yes!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Any idea how long it took them?
  • Aug 27, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    All I know is that it was an all day appointment. I dropped her off at 10am and picked her up close t 6pm.
  • Aug 27, 2015
    smsprague
    I thought they replaced the brake fluid at 25,000 miles. Maybe they forgot to X the box. Not much got done for $600.
  • Aug 27, 2015
    mkjayakumar
    Battery checks are FREE for two years. Nissan pays the dealers to perform the sham battery tests. And that is the only item that Nissan insists that you do during the first 12 months maintenance service. Some scam dealers charge you $100 or $150 to do that and also presumably double dips it with an invoice to the manufacturer.

    Brake fluid replacement? are you kidding? No way is one needed before atleast 50k miles or more.

    So this is what I did. Drove the Leaf for one year, did a free battery test, and returned the car after 24 months at exactly 30k miles. Leased another one, did the free battery check at 12 months and I am now at 20 months/32k miles on this 2nd one, and will return it for a 2016 Leaf. I am now wondering if I should do some basic 30k service, because I will be atleast 10k miles more when I return it.
  • Aug 27, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    I just called them to find out, they said they would get back to me.
  • Aug 27, 2015
    rxlawdude
    We have a saying in health care clinical documentation: if it's not documented, it didn't happen.
  • Aug 27, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    They just called me back. The brake flush WAS performed, they just forgot to check the box. They are emailing me updated docs.
  • Aug 28, 2015
    yobigd20
  • Aug 30, 2015
    pkz0125
    I have seen this type of references in other threads too where the service center later claims the work was done but they forgot to put it in the papers. If they didn't document it how can they go back and verify the work? They must be working on multiple cars a day. No way to really know. We have no choice but to trust them.
  • Aug 30, 2015
    jerry33
    One thing is that there is only a standard set of repairs that they can use. For example, I had a problem with the lights being adjusted too low, but the only thing they could put in was that the lights were adjusted too high. This is somewhat worrying because a new car can have problems that weren't thought of when making the list.
  • Aug 30, 2015
    MsElectric
    I hope the alignment was done for that $600 service as otherwise those were some really expensive wiper blades and key fob batteries! :tongue:
  • Aug 30, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    They performed a full alignment, and it was included with the pre-paid service. I also received a separate alignment printout.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I didn't pay $600. I have the pre-paid service. Each service visit is $475 and includes alignment.
  • Aug 30, 2015
    MsElectric
    Oops. Sorry, I meant to say: I hope the alignment was done for that $475 service as otherwise those were some really expensive wiper blades and key fob batteries! :tongue:
  • Aug 30, 2015
    AmpedRealtor
    LOL... well it is what it is.
  • Aug 30, 2015
    gg_got_a_tesla
    The 2- and 4-year service checklists are what I'm going for with no prepaid plan - will skip the odd-year visits. And, at 30k and 60k miles or so.

    Will cost $600 + alignment, I suppose.
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét